padfoot

The Unlikely

Roxy nodded. "Sorry, I sometimes space out on what I say..." Shaking her head she thought for a few seconds. "I am a wolf. I know not all cultures look up to the wolf, but maybe they might?"

Pooch pouted, poking out her lip before turning to face the girl sitting on the couch next to Steve; she thought her name was... Sharvani, perhaps? She hadn't really had much time to talk with the last version of her.

" 'Parrently Zeke wants to talk to ya." She said, jerking her thumb towards the trailers' door. "Guess he wants to welcome the new you to the team or somethin'."

Clapping her hand over her mouth, she turned, grabbing Sharvanis' hand as she scurried out the door and behind Zeke, still in his place by the fire.

"Oi" She hissed into his ear, trying and failing to hold a whisper, even as she still gripped Sharvanis' hand. "I did watcha said, but then I forgot somethin' happened while me n Ryan were scoutin, so I came to tell you before I fergot again!" Pooch was now ecstatic, her words melting together as she tried to contain her excitement. "We saw some new sorta eon! It was burnin' buildins' an bringin' em back afore burnin' 'em again, anD THEN THAT THING KILLED. MY. BIRDS."

She enunciated her last words, pounding them against the back of Zekes' lawnchair with her free hand.

Zeke took the can without thinking about it and tipped the ravioli into his mouth. He really couldn't think about food at this point. He was getting a lot of information from his past selves. Some of it was useful but still nothing on the wolf shifter. He was getting a weird feeling from her. It was similar to how Navi echoed as of late. He sighed and closed his book. He looked at the small, worn out army scattered around the campsite. He hoped that whatever was on that ship would help them finish off this invasion once and for all.

Zeke jumped when Pooch was suddenly behind him. He knew she was quiet but she was also dragging the new girl behind her. How she managed to move so quietly with another person in tow will always be a mystery to him. He listened to her speak with widening eyes. A new Eon? One that can bring back buildings? If it was what he was thinking, they were in big trouble. He pulled out his journal and pressed his pen to the page

What do you know about a time traveling Eon? he wrote and shut his journal

"Thank you Pooch", he said simply, his mind racing. He stood from his lawn chair with a creak and cleared his voice, "Alright. I know Sanctuary is gone and everything we have built up is dead but we still have a chance. We know that there is a ship somewhere up north. That's all my future self was able to tell me. We don't know how long it's been there or whats on it. All we know is that whatever is on that ship will give us a chance.", he wasn't giving them any confidence but he wasn't going to lie to his teammates, "We are going to lay low, gather supplies, then we will head out to find one of the Halls of Heros, and move from there". It was a half assed plan that was just to put their heads in the right direction. He was of course hiding things but he wasn't expected to give everything away just yet.

Zeke crashed back into his seat. He was suddenly very tired and didn't feel to hot. It wasn't like normal sickness. He was just stretching himself too thin.

Sharvani managed to struggle out of the girl's grip. Apparently her name was Pooch. What sort of name was that? It seemed like Zeke wasn't going to explain things, and she wasn't going to push him. He looked tired. Looking around, she wondered why Zeke had gathered them all here. What did they have in common?

She sat down next to a guy with messy black hair. "Hey," she asked. "Do you know why we're here?"

Kriino shrugged. "No idea. But I suppose it has to be for a good cause! By the way, I'm Kriino Sandra. Pleasure to meet you." He put out his hand for Sharvani to shake.

Sharvani shook his hand. "Same here. Anyways, this might sound crazy, but I have these powers to destroy things. I was wondering if you had some sort of ability too?"

"Oh yeah," Kriino said, a lightbulb appearing over his head. He took it and put it in his pocket for later use. "Cartoon physics seem to apply to me, although it's the contrary with the normal laws of physics. I guess everyone here has a power, although I don't know most of them yet."

Edited by Techno_Elf

Navi cowered and then looked at herself. "I'm sorry for snapping at you... It's the exhaustion I guess... I'm sorry." She shakily returned to Zeke's side, just sitting beside his seat. She wanted to speak to him, but figured it was best to let him rest. She needed human rest too. "Sorry... I didn't rest. I gathered supplies.

Roxy sat alone. The fire danced across as her face, and if one looked closely, they could see the fire forming her locked away memories. Her eyes grew watery. And she stood, disappearing off into the dark.

Carissa saw Zeke's fatigue. Her frown increased. Hadn't she warned him he wouldn't be able to do it on his own? Hadn't she told him not to stress himself like this? It was pointless. She shook her head.

Zeke looked up into the sky as a dark shadow rolled over their camp. Flying low overhead, a Eon's transport ship was sluggishly moving across the sky. Zeke rose from his chair and looked straight up at it. Zeke extended his hand to signal everyone to cool it. There was no point starting a fight they couldn't win. He trusted Luck's illusion camouflage would protect them from most of the scanners. It seemed to be ignoring then as it silently passed without a hitch. He let out a sigh and looked at Carrissa, "I'm going to find a place inside to crash. I suggest you all get ready to get some sleep. We are moving out in the morning", he said. He opened the screen door and walked into the living room. He crashed face first onto the couch and kicked off his boots. He closed his eyes and went into a trance.

(((Timeskip to morning?)))

((Could I join?

Username: RoD

Name: Theo

Rebellion Name: The Snowman

Period: In the middle of his 12th grade math class

Personality: Theo is cold and pretty much tries to do his own thing sometimes

Appearance: Theo

Power: can conjure very powerful snowmen (even if there's no snow around) by using telepathy

Job within the Rebellion: interrigatates captive Eons

Other:

Username: RoD

Name: Zoey

Rebellion Name: The Mythical

Period: at her house, playing her 2DS system

Personality: Zoey is very loyal to her friends

Appearance: Zoey

Power: able to call forth mythical creatures like unicorns, dragons, thunderbirds, etc.

Job withen the Rebellion: ???

Other: she wants to defend her friends))

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

((Accepted but I can't accept Zoey. We already have a beast master character))

Zeke rose in the morning as soon as the sun began to rise. He sat up and rubbed his face. It wasn't a dream. He was still in the trailer. Sanctuary was still gone. He still had a team to lead to the unknown. He rubbed his face and pulled his boots on. Only way to start the day was to do it. He walked out of the trailer and walked directly to the trailer shell that held the jeep. He checked the fuel gauge and bit his lip. His trip from Sanctuary's remains used almost all of the fuel. There was no way it would reach the edge of the desert, let alone the trip up North. He sighed and walked to the camp. He took a seat in his lawn chair and rubbed the back of his neck, "Alright, we are at a crossroads. We could either drive the jeep I have as far as the fuel will take us, or we could double back to Sanctuary to look for supplies and possibly another vehicle to travel in", He said to anyone who was listening. Both ideas were terrible but they were running out of options.

Ethan woke up from inside the trailer, stretching as he stood up. He slipped his hand into hi pocket, checking that his coin was still there, before taking it out. He stepped outside, looking towards the sunrise. It would have definitely looked much better if every where around them wasn't barren. He sat down on the ground outside the camp just in time to hear Zeke's options.

He stayed silent for now, thinking about which actually sounded better. Zeke didn't sound too thrilled about either option and Ethan had to agree with him. He flipped his coin to decide for him; Heads was for going back to Sanctuary; Tails for continuing on as far as the jeep could take them. "Heads. I vote for going back to Sanctuary, but how do we know Eons won't still be around?"

When Raven's eyes snapped open again, it was on the edge of dawn. The colorless sky had began to lighten, chasing away the stars. Stirring, the canine rose from her small nest and shook the debris from her fur.

Navi shot awake, panting, and started to cry. She dried it up as best she could. "Eons were at the sanctuary... We left people behind! It was horrible... Zeke they were slaughtered..." She sniffled. "There's still supplies... Food and fuel... No water, they destroyed the reserves..." She was trembling a little.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Hearing Navi's frantic voice, she bounded around a trailer. Spotting her, the canine slunk forward, sniffing her frantically.

Are you alright?

Her concerned gaze swept the girl over.

The canine let the girl's arms wrap around her. Trying to further comfort her, she gently licked the salty tears from her face.

It's alright. It was just a dream.

Raven hadn't been around when what she'd heard called 'The Sanctuary' had apparently been destroyed. Her brow furrowed. Trying to comfort the girl, she tried a different approach. Well... It's in the past now. Nothing you can do about it now. Don't let this weigh you down. Let it fuel your drive to whoop the censorkip.gif of these things that took over our home.

Carissa hadn't slept that night. She'd been to busy sorting her thoughts from everyone elses. She couldn't be kept in close quarters with people like this. To many things ran through her head already. She stood and followed Zeke out of the trailer.

"You'll need more fuel if you plan to go investigate the crashed ship. Which is about a two days drive up North." She said, keeping the weariness out of her voice.

Zeke didn't flinch when Navi started rambling off the new that he already knew. It was pointless to cry over now, "I know we left them. There was nothing any of us could have done to save them.", he said calmly, "Our lives mean more than theirs." He really didn't want to go back to the remains of their city. He was sure that there would be Eons waiting on them to show up. It was a game of cat and mouse now. The enemy had them on the run with no where else to go. If it wasn't for Luck's illusions they would have been killed in their sleep last night.

Zeke's mind was made up as he snapped a portal open behind him. If they teleported into the city it would take the Eons longer to notice. Well, that's what he was hoping anyway. He took a deep breath and faced his team. He felt like he needed to say something inspiring to get their spirits up but nothing came to mind. He just put on his leader face, "Here is the plan. I'm jumping us to the center of the rubble field. We split up, grab as much supplies as you can find, then meet back up for the return trip", he said a-matter-of-factly, "Any questions".

"Wait! Let me go in and make a map. They can't harm my wisp..." Navi nodded, and bit her lip. "Less risk that way. But they may see us coming..."

Pooch rolled over in the sparse patch of grass still surviving beneath one of the trailers, pushing a squirming coyote puppys' nose from her face. Sighing at the rising babble of voices trailing from outside, Pooch moved to the edge of the trailer, watching the others talk with Wyrm flopped beside her, her face settled in her folded arms.

Dimly, she realized that the others were debating, with crowlike gossip, over returning to the tunnels. Pooch sighed again, watching lazily as Zeke and the others talked in the hot morning sun... she honestly didn't care where she and the team went or why, whether through the tunnels with the Digbeasts or out beyond the desert; she simply wanted some excitement.

Taking Zekes' portal as a signal, Pooch stretched, yawning like an old dog before padding out to meet the others in the shimmering heat; Wyrm trotting beside her like a second thought.

Sharvani sat up from where she was, momentarily disoriented. She felt awfully lonely, and she was missing her friends and family at home. She hoped they weren't too worried by her disappearance. She stood up and walked towards the portal, hesitant. It was a good thing she'd found out that Isa Swan was here too. She walked over to Isa with a faint grin on her face.

"Hey," she said to her friend. "Think we'll be OK in there? Creator and Destroyer, the unstoppable duo, right?"

Kriino was, as usual, the optimist. "Well," he said to himself. "We should be alright. Now, let's see..." He fumbled around in his pocket for his glasses and put them on. Breaking the laws of physics was going to come in handy. He could already imagine what he could do with gravity. Stepping next to the portal, he stretched and said, "Well, who's going first? And should we have partners or will we all be alone?"