padfoot

The Unlikely

(((Where is Raven exactly? There is no city anymore and everything else is either desert or burning, sunken Nashville)))

Zeke noted the confusion on everyone's face and chuckled, "it's better if you just ignore all the weird time stuff and leave it to me", he said, slapping Kriino on the back, "I will be taking my leave. Pooch will be your guide and being this close to my alternate self is making me feel all....flickery". He waved and opened a portal back to his future timeline, "Hope I'll see you all soon", he said, stepping through and shutting it behind him.

Zeke sighed and took the girls hand, feeling where she came from, "I don't have to follow her", he said, snapping open a window to her time. He did the same for Tael, "Step through and your time streams should be fixed", he said calmly, "As long as you stay there", he added. He didn't have time for this. The others were on their way and they needed a plan. Carissa was still looking and Zeke was at a loss.

((Remains of sunken Nashville.))

Roxy grimaced at the sand that had worked its way in between her paws. Where had the howls come from? She sighed, continuing to limp along.

(((It's on fire...)))

(((I'm making an OOC -.-)))

Edited by padfoot

Ethan flipped his coin once again, more out of habit than anything else, catching it perfectly like he always did. "Pooch is the little girl, right?" he asked after Zeke had left. He only caught a glimpse of Pooch before she had to go on her latest mission, but even then he had never payed attention to the girl. "She sent coyotes to find us?"

He let his question linger until someone answered, glancing at everyone in the group, judging form the fact no one was spotted or hit by rubble and that they found an alternate Zeke with someone new it would be a good idea to place new charms on everyone. " So, Kriino. As long as you don't touch my coin, consider meeting me your lucky day." The golden flecks in his eyes began to glow as he placed charms on the people in their little group who had already used up their charm, placing one on Kriino a well.

Tael shakily put a hand on his shoulder. "Navi didn't come from this timeline. She was right. Just..." Tael sighed. "Just... Remember that there's another time traveller out there, okay? Navi was pulled from his-" Tael was called from the timeline, and a gray streaked haired woman rushed out of a house to meet him. The woman called out to him again and he turned around. "Mom...?" He asked, and turned his back on Zeke, closing the timeline behind him. Tatl was already gone.

Navi's nose stopped bleeding and she sat up. "Ow..."

"Oi, this is goddamned miserable" Pooch whined as she, Wyrm, Ryan and Callah trudged through the desert. She tripped, sending a puff of white hot dust floating through the air as she wiggled her way out of a sand dune. Standing back up, she wiped the dust from her goggles as they continued their slow advance towards the trailer park, now gleaming just a few meters away. "Listen now" She said, shooting Callah a look " I 'spect you to keep your peeps in line here, we can't have a repeat of the last time I took ya to meet my friends... three of em needed stitches an' I wasn't allowed in the bar again for months. "

Reaching the foremost trailer, Pooch squinted at the strange sigil of the door and, turning to face Ryan, seemingly stoic in his hoodie despite the heat, she said; "I don't wanna scare anybody inside or anythin' but, how do ya think we're gonna manage to fight that new eon once it crops up again? I mean, the earths pretty much just desert now... but do ya think it can still pull somethin' up to fight us?"

The three coyotes sat, calm and docile as housedogs while the group of humans talked amidst the desert sun.... they were eager to meet up with the others, but their orders were clear, and patience is a virtue; even when you're raised in a coyote den.

They simply wished the tiny human were there to guide them, listening to other humans was a strange business, and one that none of them particularly cared for nor understood.

Roxanne tipped her head back and howled. Not knowing the desert well enough, she had been following the sun's path now. Damn this sun, this heat. Damn everything! She growled at herself, and the situation she was in. Where have the others been hiding? I can't be the only survivor. Her head drifted from side to side, a pink tongue lolling out of her mouth.

Zeke sighed and shook his head after the portals closed. Tael was right though, he could already feel the good that did for the timeline. He was tossing around the warning about the other time traveler when he heard a familiar voice on the other side of the trailer. He smiled and teleported to the other side. He grabbed Pooch and Ryan from behind in a half headlock and half hug, "Oh I though you guys were dead for sure once the lasers started", he said, releasing them both, "Glad to see you guys though".

"Roxanne...?" Navi murmured, and went wisp, her little gut feeling guiding her to Roxanne. "Hey!" She jingled. "Look!" Dammit, pay attention Roxanne!

"Huh?" An audit turned to the voice, followed by her head. "What? Who are you? And how do you know my name?"

The canine's brow furrowed. She'd not attacking, that's a good start. So she's not an alien. Another part of her piped up. It could be a trap! Shaking her head, she loped after the girl, keeping her distane. And you are?

Not half a second after posing her question to Ryan, she was unceremoniously scooped up from behind. Panicking, she almost sank her needle-sharp teeth into the arm gripping her in a headlock when she heard a familiar voice.

"ZEKE!" she cried, wiggling her head from the crook of his elbow. With a crow of delight, she and Wyrm threw themselves onto Zekes shoulder, the huge dog overbalancing him before greeting him with an enormous bark and copious amounts of drool.

"You shoulda known nothin' could kill us" Pooch said with a wink, struggling to pull the enormous dog off of her friend "But how many of you unlucky censorkip.gif***s managed to make it out?"

"Navi." She tinkled curtly, and hovered by the group. As soon as Roxanne caught up she runes back to a human.

Zeke cried out as Wyrm and Pooch knocked him over. He struggled to block his face from the huge dog's tongue, "Pooch! I forgot your best friend was the biggest dog in existence. He vanished from underneath Wyrm and reappeared a foot away, "Jeez Pooch glad to see you too", he said with a laugh. He dusted the dust off his cloths the best he could but it was hopeless. Everything he owned was covered in red dust spots. He watched as Nazi rocketed past and turned back to a human, "Oh, she is back up and running", he said. He noticed she was watching something and turned to follow her gaze. In the distance coming towards them was what looked like a black wolf. His brow furrowed in confusion, 'Who's your friend?", he asked, suddenly serious.

Without warning, the girl had seemed to change, and she soon saw why. There were a few people grouped together, and as she neared, it fell quiet. Silently bristling, the canine looked around, still a few feet away from them all. I'm Roxanne. She spoke into their minds, projecting it so they could all hear.

Navi's nose was bleeding profusely, and she wiped it with her sleeve. "I don't know." She shrugged. "I've over exerted myself again."

Zeke looked at Navi when she spoke, knowing that he was safe if this wolf chose to attack. Wyrm had at least a hundred pounds on the wolf. He saw that her nose was bleeding and she looked like she had been through hell in back. They all did actually. He jerked his head towards the trailer and smiled, "Go take a rest, Navi. You did great today", he said. He turned back when the wolf spoke, "And what is that suppose to mean to me?", he asked.

The canine changed forms before them. "It's a name, and it wasn't just meant for you." Great. A jock-class jerk. Hadn't I had enough of these a-holes already? Brushing herself off, she checked the bandage around her thigh. It had soaked through. Damn... Taking the other sleeve off of her shirt, she made a new bandage. Thank for helping me by the way, Navi.

Roxanne then turned to the large beast, a smile played across her lips. She had always been a dog lover. Even as a young child, she was either off playing with dogs, or the wolves in the forest. "Nice dog." The compliment had been more towards Pooch, rather than Zeke.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

As soon as the wolf trotted their way, led across the hills by Navi, Pooch and Wyrm were on guard. Snapping straight to attention, the enormous dog stood, legs bowed stiffly, his eyes never leaving the poised hand of his tiny best friend. Callah, still standing beside him, simply looked on.

Pooch chewed her lip, she hadn't seen a wolf in what seemed to be years... they'd disappeared slowly, along with the forests as the world had turned to desert. Whoever this was, she was an unusual case, and Pooch was prepared, her hand up, fingers ready to snap and send Wyrm on the warpath in case she turned out to be dangerous. Pooch hated fighting animals, hated to see them hurt even more, but the fact that this creature was a stranger unnerved her... she knew all the beasts in this span of desert, even the tiniest family of stickylizards in thedarkest cave. Where could she have come from?

Seeing the wolf change forms into that of a human, Pooch relaxed and Wyrm followed suit, the two of them watching the new stranger with bright, curious eyes....they'd never seen beastmastery like this before. As this new woman sashayed in their direction, snubbing Zeke and complimenting Wyrm, Pooch smiled.

"Thanks" Pooch said with a sharp toothed grin, "We've been together since we were both pups."

"By the way" she began, furrowing a blonde eyebrow, "Were you a wolf first or a person?" Dimly, Pooch recalled hearing someone in the bar debate on Cluckbeasts coming before eggs, and smiled.

Zeke's facial expression did not waver at her smart ass comment, "I know what it was. My question is why I shouldn't get rid of you after hearing it", he said calmly. When they are fighting an enemy that can look like virtually anyone, the extra suspicion kept himself and his team safe. Just becasue this girl is showing some crazy shape shifting powers doesn't mean she is friendly. The Eons infiltrated Earth thanks to their ability to shape shift after all.

(The base was blown to smithereens after it was attacked by eons! Steven's been with Navi id he was yours, and they're already with Zeke and the others.)

Navi refused rest, just wiping her bleeding nose. She kept her distance from Zeke for now, and focused her powers on finding resources. She was scanning as far as she could. "Zeke! There's food in an abandoned gas station... it looks booby trapped though. And there's water from a well. It looks like there was at one point a Navajo reservation here, but all of the Navajo have gone." she whimpered. Her nose couldn't stop bleeding now, and she was nursing it.

She smiled, petting the two dog's head, she turned back to Zeke.

You think I'm one of them?

Her brow raised, and her mouth was drawn into an tight line.

Those censorkip.gif nearly severed my leg clean off.

Gesturing to her leg, she went on.

I call myself the Shadow Walker. I've done quite a but of spying. I could help you and your ragtag group take them down. If, you and them, are willing to help.

Although she had not spoken a word, a silence had settled over them, and the air was alive with the crackle of energy.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Yeah, Pooch is the little one you saw in the bar. Yeah she sent a bunch of dogs to get us. And yeah, we'd better get going before eons get to us. Come on!" It must have looked crazy. Like, really? Luck would trust a ten year-old girl with her life? Well right now she didn't have much of a choise. She walked over to the lead coyote and bent over to pet it's head. She began talking, more to herself than the dogs." I'm not really sure how this works but I'm guessing that once you find us, you head back to our new HQ...."