shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Eridan nodded again, "yes, out a the snoww." He mumbled.

He supposed that that confirmed his observations. Despite it's beauty, the majestic white snow was causing his discomfort. He trudged up to the building. He attempted to open the door, but it was stuck. So he opened it, with his rifle. He entered through the charred edges of the doorway, or former doorway. And sat down in the warmest place he could find.

wwhat I wwouldn't give for a nice long rest in my recuperacoon.

He supposed he would just have to find some other slime-filled device to rest in.

"Someone doesn't appreciate a snow day," Jack replied dismissively. He shifted his staff to one hand, however, and quickly blew cold air onto his hand. The air twisted and formed until it turned into a perfect snowball. He looked at the snowball in his hand then promptly hurled it at the girl, a grin on his face. "Is that good enough or do I need to make a blizzard?"

Loki glanced over at the girl that had helped him then shook his head. He was grateful but this was enough. It was just to last until Asgard found him. Besides, he had nothing to say. Shocking, considering who he was but he was just planning on laying low until someone came to get him. Of course, there was always the person who had saved him. He looked at the strange woman then reluctantly reached up and removed the muzzle from his mouth. He stretched his jaw out before turning to the woman. "That is enough. Thank you," he said with a small nod. "Do you mind telling me what your name is?"

Buttercup entered the building and glanced around. Stands were pushed over and everything was absent of food and such. Cobwebs formed all over the ceiling and dust covered the counter top next to the register.

Yep, this place is abandoned all right. If only it was warmer...

A sly smile crept onto Buttercup's face as she hovered over to the a pile of wood. She gathered as much burnable material as she could and piled it into a corner. A laser formed from her eyes and shot down onto the pile. Almost instantly, the pile caught on fire. The laser dispersed and Buttercup folded her arms as the flames grew.

"You can get warm over here," Buttercup said as he waved her arm invitingly at Eridan.

Dark Link shot Ellie a look. Get yourself a sword and you'll find out. he answered. He watched as Jack created a snowball out of thin air. Now that was pretty cool' much better than what he could do. I dunno, can you see the snowball kid?

Lanie seemed surprised at the face Loki turned around and took his muzzle off. He was actually pretty beaten himself, now that she got a good look at him. "L-Lanie, my name is Lanie Dragon-Slayer." She answered. A fat snowflake landed on her nose and made her sneeze. This disturbed the snow she was caked in. "Do you know what those metal beasts are?" Her voice was faint which proved her obvious fear of the strange things.

Loki nodded slowly, every action well thought out before it was done. No more impulsive actions. That had gotten him into enough trouble. "They are called cars," he replied, well versed in Midgardian technology since his attempt to try and take over the planet. "Midgardians... Humans use them to move about. Like horses but faster."

Eridan moved closer to Buttercup and the inviting fire.

"so, cup, you have any astoundin ideas about how we might a got here?" He asked, "'cause i don't have a ****in clue."

He supposed maybe Jack had somehow transported them here with his weird Jack-powers. But why? This place though. The beings from earlier.

"hmm, maybe this is earth... those people from earlier looked sort of like rose... but their skin was darker than hers. or lighter, depending on when you look at it" He mumbled.

"Well of course this is Earth!" Buttercup snapped. "We're else would we be? Mars? But that's besides the point. I don't know where on Earth we are. I haven't seen any of the locals so I can't determined what country we're in." Buttercup sighed as she lowered herself onto the ground. She sat down and brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them.

"If only we had a map or something," Buttercup sighed. "That would help greatly..."

"i have never been to earth before." Eridan said, "stop assumin stuff. noww then, to figure out wwhere on earth wwe are... and also, to figure out howw i can get back to alternia."

He stood up and walked over to one of the many shelves that had been pushed aside and uncovered it. He really had no plan, but he needed to do something or he would go insane.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Lanie thought over the word "car" for a while, storing the information for later use. "They smell horrible, much worse than a horse." She remarked. Everything smelled terrible around here, in fact. It was something she had never smelled before. Whatever it was, she didn't like it. "Do you happen to know what place this is? It is nothing but Skyrim..."

"This realm is called Midgard," Loki replied, toying with the muzzle in his hands. It turned out he did actually have things to talk about. The real question was how long would it take for Asgard to respond? Surely, after all he had done, this wasn't deliberate? They would have just left him in the first place if that was the case. "I have never heard of Skyrim before. Do you know where it lies in the galaxy?"

"Oh no, Skyrim is a province of Tamriel, on Nirn. Nirn is the planet. Though, I am afraid I do nr know where it lies. Search for a world with twin moons, if that helps." Lanie answered. The fact she was in a different world didn't seem to bother her. There was much to explore here that she had never seen! "Nirn is a vast and diverse land. I have not left Tamriel, but the three provices I have visted on the continent are incredibly different. My home, Elsyr, is warm with deserts and jungles alike. Cyrodil is fair weather yearly, and Skyrim is frozen and harsh all over." She explained. The thought of Elsyr made her seem distant, since it had been so long since she had been there. "Where to you hail, if you do not mind me asking?

Loki nodded, doing his best to add the details of the new planet to his list of planets in the galaxy he knew of. He didn't know why he'd need this information since his ultimate destination was prison but to kept it stored away anyway. "That is a difficult question to answer," he replied softly. "Define what you mean by hail. Do you mean home? Where I was born? I could give you a variety of answers depending on your intent for the word."

That was a good question. Lanie tapped her chin in thought of Loki's question. "Whever you consider home, I suppose. I think of Elsyr as my home because my family is there, waitingfor me to return some day." She decided. A thought struck her shortly after speaking. "Your never told me your name. How can we be acquainted if we don't know each other's names?" This question was followed by a small but genuine smile. This man seemed weary of everything, which made her want to cheer him up. It seemed like he needed a friend.

"Then I do not have a home," Loki replied bluntly, not bothering to sugar coat the sentence. Was he really going to pretend that Asgard was his home? That he would return there and find his false father ready to welcome him back? No. He was an outcast there and he was an outcast on Jotunhiem. None of the nine realms could he call home and beyond that was the same, if not more dangerous. He did not have a home. "My name is Loki. Just Loki."

"A traveller then? I am too. It's a pleasure to meet you, Loki." Lanie's smile grew in a pleasant manner at the green-clad god. She inspected his injuries carefully without touching him for a few moments. Then, she slipped the pack from her shoulders and rummaged through it. A potion much too large from the bag was prosuced from it. Lanie held it out to Loki after putting her pack back on. "Here, drink this. It looks as if you were attacked by a Giant." Although her words were somewhat blunt, she was obviously concerned about his injuries.

Never let it he said that Gabriel didn't have morals. Even if they were morals that were dragged out of him by two high-horsed mutton heads. He saw Lucifer moving towards him, the glint of a blade, pain and then-

He hit the ground with a thud, the breath rushing out of his lungs. Immediately he sat up, feeling his chest in a panic. No blade, no wound. His wings were still there.. What the hell? "Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do," he muttered, standing and looking around. Lucifer wasn't there. Where was 'there', anyway? It was cold, that was for sure. With a snap, he had a coat on. Well that was much better.

Loki's hand flickered up to the wounds that were quite glaringly present on his face. Since the rest of his body was covered by clothing, the extent of the damage was largely hidden. "It was more of a beast," Loki mumbled in response, recalling the way he had been so easily smashed against the ground. "I appreciate your kindness but I do not deserve it," He said as he gently pushed her hand holding the bottle away.

The Khajiit frowned slightly at Loki's decline at her offer. "I never said whether or not you deserved it. It appears as if you need to be healed, even if you don't deserve it." She stated rather crossly. What a stubborn man! She muttered something in a strange language and shook her head slowly. "You seem ready to fall over, the least I can do is keep you from doing that."

"It would just be a waste," Loki explained. "It doesn't make sense since I will only be injured again when the Aesir come to collect me. If I don't look like a threat, they are less likely to be violent." He looked at the muzzle then waved his hand over it. However, it did not vanish. Oh, right. The shackles blocked magic. He clicked his tongue softly before hiding the muzzle under his vest. "I will be fine. It doesn't hurt nearly as much now as it did before."

The Dragonborn reluctantly put the potion away as Loki insisted. She would heal him later if he continued to suffer. "Aseir? I am afraid I have never heard of such things, friend. If you do not mind me asking, why do they wish to prosecute you?" She asked. Her ears had angled backwards at Loki's refusal to her help, but she seemed friendly otherwise. "You do not appear to be a bad person, for I have met many a criminal."

A long, drawn out exhale came from Loki as he tried to think of the right wording for what he had done. "I made some mistakes," he replied after several moments. "Awful mistakes. Mistakes I can't forgive myself for. It would be better for everyone if they just locked me up now."

Gabriel paused in dusting himself off as he heard voices. There was one distinctly male and one distinctly female voice nearby, though he couldn't make out what they were saying. Hopefully the were locals, he really needed some questions answered. Afterwards he could just alter their thoughts and make them think it was a dream, he was honestly too tired to be changing reality at the moment.

Sauntering up with his hands in his pockets, he was fairly interested to see that one was beaten to a pulp and the other was a cat woman. "You two are an odd pair," he remarked with a smirk. For now he'd have to stick with his false identity, since revealing himself as Gabriel could be hazardous.

Oh. Lanie's somewhat irritated expression seemed to soften at Loki's confession. She too had made bad choices in the past. "But that doesn't make you a bad person, now does it? How about you enj-" the Khajiit stopped dead when she heard someone approach. She unsheathed the sword at her hip and held it poised for an attack. When the man that arrived seemed like some sort of jokester than an actual threat, she began to lower The Dawnbreaker. "Yes, well, we are a bit lost. We happened to meet each other moments ago after I was struck by a 'car'." Lanie replied warily.

Loki turned around but unlike his new companion, he did not immediately ready himself for a fight. He glanced at the sword the cat woman was holding then sighed. "Normal Midgardians do not tote around swords," he pointed out, prodding the end of the blade with a finger.

Gabriel snorted, chuckling at their reactions. "A sword? 'Midgardian'? Didn't realize I had walked into Macbeth," he remarked, shifting his weight as he observed the two of them. "See, I'm a little lost too. The name's Loki- just your average trickster. Who might you yahoos be?"