shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Eridan stopped trudging for a moment and looked up. And oddly small being floated before him. She asked him the question he had been asking himself for the last little while, or one of them. He had a lot of questions.

He supposed he should answer her, "wwell, it depends. i don't know where are. but i can tell you that it's cold and there's a oddly majestic white fluff floatin down from the sky. but i vvery much doubt that's wwhat you wwere askin." He said.

The creature was odd. It was small, had no horns, it's skin wasn't grey, and it seemed to be able to fly. Maybe it was some form of fairy? It didn't have wings though. He considered shooting it for flying without wings, but quickly brushed the thought aside. He was sort of lonely and didn't want to waste a chance of acquiring company, even for a short while. And he could always shoot her later if she turned out to be a bother.

"wwho are you anywway?" He asked.

He doubted his measly attempt to start a full conversation was not brushed of as quickly as his thought of shooting her. He might have to shoot her if it was.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

(( she was complaining about the frost in her head and said it must've been jack frost, she wondered if he was actually real and, lo and behold, there he appeared))

Ellie, getting sick of them ignoring her, charged into the one who had dark clothes on, he seemed like a threat, "Answer me! Why have you taken me from my beloved island!" She said right in his face

Edited by Totts

The small girl tilted her head.

"White fluff?" she asked in confusion. "Do you mean snow? Have you never seen snow before? That's understandable. Not everyone sees snow in their lifetime..." The girl trailed off and shook her head. This man was odd looking. His skin was gray, he had horns twisting upward in a spiral, his clothes were in a odd design, draped in black and purple, and he had some type of fins prodding out of his face. This didn't weird the girl out, however. She had seen much stranger things in her short life and she had learned to expect things out of the ordinary. How could she not?

"I'm Buttercup," Buttercup proclaimed as she straightened up and pointed to herself. "I have two sisters but they don't really seem to be here. Pfth, who needs them? I don't! I can take care of myself without anyone's help." Buttercup's attitude was getting the better of her. She crossed her arms and spat into the snow. Her pride wasn't going to let her feel upset. She was much too proud to act like a little girl and cry.

When the man crouched down to check the creature's pulse, blue eyes wild with fear snapped open. She jolted to her feet and bolted even though it was excruciatingly painful. She didn't stop until she was in the cover of darkness, in an alley. This was only because she fell anyways. Her broken leg had given out and made Lanie fall face-first.

If it makes you feel any better, no one but Demise has ever talked to me. Link can't talk, so all he did was drive a sword through my chest. Dark Link admitted. They seemed a lot alike, he and Jack. It felt so great to have someone who noticed and spoke to him.

((Ellie, the most skeptical and hard-headed child in the world suddenly believes in something she's probably never heard of? She didn't exactly have a childhood. I'm not trying to hate, but it doesn't make sense.))

Edited by shadow_claw

(( I know I know, it seems unrealistic, but I had to think of a way for them to meet, sorry if it seems like godmoding or powerplaying.))

((Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense.))

Loki watched silently, green eyes surveying the scene. When the thing that had been hit suddenly bolted, the he caught his first glimpse of her and immediately came to the conclusion she was not human. Perhaps she could help, then. He looked down at the chains wrapped around his wrists then quickly moved into the alley. He had expected some sort of case but instead, the non-human was sprawled out on the ground. His head tilted slightly to the side as he stopped several feet away and rattled the chains binding him. Sneaking up might scare her.

"Wow," the frost spirit replied, scratching the back of his head. "This Link guy sounds awful. Are you dead now or..? Because I'm not trying to be rude but that seems like something you wouldn't live after."

((It's alright, it was just a misunderstanding happy.gif))

The sound behind her made Lanie struggle to sit up. She noticed Loki and bristled in fear. Everything here was terrifying. She didn't want anything to do with it. Seeing as Loki couldn't hurt her, she took the time to heal herself with magic. Bones mended themselves togther afer a short while of golden light flickering around her. Warily, the Dragonborn stood and approached Loki. "Do you...want those off?" She asked carefully.

Dark Link spun around to face Ellie, a hand resting on the pommel of his sword. What makes you think I can do that? I don't even know where I am! he growled irritably. Humans were so stupid, it drove him crazy. Do not go around making accusations you cannot confirm. It might just lead to your head rolling. With a huff, the shadow turned back around to face Jack. I just think he's stupid. All I did was show myself and all of a sudden we were fighting. I may've wanted to yell at him and beat him up a little, but he banished me into his shadow! The idiot can't even figure out that I'm him! Well, the manifestation of his inner darkness, but it's close to the same thing.

Ellie saw his sword and heard him growl, the growl scared her a bit "You'd never stab me with that sword. I can tell it in your eyes." Said Ellie, reacting to him putting his hand on his sword

Oh, magic. It came in many different forms but Loki was immediately able to identify it when golden light began flickering around the not-human. He didn't move when she approached but nodded his head and held his wrists out. He was going to need use of his hands if he was on Midgard.

"That's pretty bad," Jack said, mildly disturbed at how dark the conversation was getting. Especially when some human began confronting Dark Link. "I hate when people think they know everything. I mean, most people can't even see me. None can! It gets to you eventually, you know?"

A low cackle sounded through the street. The scraping of claws against brick was softly heard. A tail whipped back and forth and a low growl gurgled in the air. Piercing yellow eyes gazed down upon the malformed woman. The detail to her corrupted body and skeletal wings brought attention to her. Her scent wasn't very pleasing, nor was her appearance. But all the same, she was an object of interest; a creature of the unknown. A dark shape loomed overhead as it glared down upon the infected queen. It recoiled when a car passed by; the sharp smell of tires and the sound of engines causing the creature distress. Snow was flung onto either side of the road as the driver of the vehicle nonchalantly speed by. The low growl came once more and the creature hung onto the side of the red brick building. Thoughts pondered through the creature's head as he stared down at the woman once more. She reminded him of someone he knew, someone who left a sour taste in his mouth. But yet, she was different. She was deteriorated, ruined, corrupt, infected. She was more like him.

Climbing down the building, a small snicker escaped the creature's maw.

"My oh my, aren't you a look for sore eyes?" cooed the creature as it craned it's neck down to the woman, close enough for her to hear, but far enough to keep him safe from her claws. The creature still hung to the building in the fashion of a lizard or spider. He did not trust this stranger, and nothing would change that.

Edited by Doctortear

The Queen of Blades held back a smirk. For once, something she could handle. A mysterious cackle was, thankfully, something quite familiar to her. Or un-thankfully, whichever way you wanted to slant it. She remained frozen in her curled up position, content with her own thoughts and those of the creature behind her. She did not pry into them, or force them from his mind. The touch of her telepathy was far and sweeping and unobtrusive. His thoughts, as confusing as they were, spread across the forefront her mind like the page of a book. Mind reading was one of her many talents, and one of the few she wished she could destroy. Especially in such a foreign place as this. The minds here were crude. Except, maybe, for this one.

She craned her neck, her head lolling around to fall upside down. She met the golden-orange eyes of the stranger unblinkingly. Her own eyes shared that same shade, and the thought of the similarity warmed her. The eyes she possessed burned with the fury of the earth-sun she was never to know. Or, so she thought.

"Although I appreciate the convoluted compliment, you do not mean that. At least, your thoughts don't."

Her voice slipped like oil through the dusk breeze. She chuckled, her voice low and strangely full of malice. "I couldn't care less if you trusted me, frankly. It is so common of an occurrence in my life that it is the one thing I rely on."

She rose from her seat, legs and wings unfolding in perfect sync. Her hard carapace knocked against the sidewalk, the impact sending shivers up her spine. She turned slowly, taking care not to slash her wings across the protruding head of her oddly colored visitor. "Now, what do you wish from me? Or are you just another wanderer, like myself?"

Wanderer.

She tossed her head.

How did you ever stoop this low, Sarah? You used to be someone good. Someone to be relied on. Not this... aloof monstrosity who kills and spies with long-practiced ease.

Lanie unsheathed the sword at her hip, which emitted a warm light. "Do not move, for it is possible I may harm you if I do." She hesitated slightly, but then brought the sword down swiftly on the shackles. It was the only way to free this man.

Dark Link sighed, and closed his eyes. He ribbed his forehead slowly in an agitated manner. Listen, human. I don't have the patience for your idiocy right now. I have a lot of things to see I have never gotten to. I don't want to dirty this clean slate by killing a girl. he sighed. I know what you mean, Jack. It gets lonely seeing everyone interacting and being happy togther and being unable to do anything but watch. It can drive one mad after thousands of years but I am patient. I knew that one day, I would be able to walk the Earth without being a shadow. That day has finally come, and I'm glad to see it. Perhaps I can accompany you in your travels?

Edited by shadow_claw

"Wanderer," said the stranger. The word escaped his lips with a hiss; on a low note.

"Wanderer isn't a word I would use to describe myself. Personally, I prefer to see myself as a mere visitor... or conqueror. It depends on what my purpose at the time is." The creature landed on top of the bench, his weight nearly crushing it.

"Trust, isn't a word I would use," he cooed as he wrapped his wings against the frame of his body. "

"I just find something not so fleshy and fat to be a welcoming sight here. I've already encountered a few of the residents, and, least to say, they were not very appetizing to both the eye and tongue." The creature leaped off the bench, his large tail smashed against it, causing it to flip over onto its side. The creature walked to the side of the woman, his golden eyes meeting with her's.

"You wouldn't know where we are, would you?" asked the creature. "I haven't the slightest clue. Such a lively planet should be in my knowledge."

Edited by Doctortear

"wwhat's a sister?" Eridan asked.

He was grateful to this floating being, now he had a name for the beautiful white fluff. The snow falling around him was as white as.. As.. Well, as snow. He felt his spirits lift just slightly. This creature, despite that it seemed to be a land dweller, could be helpful. It would be best not to offend her.

"an, buttercup, wwhat are you doin here?" He asked as politely as he could manage.

Buttercup did her best to not snap at this stranger.

How does he not know all of this stuff? Maybe he didn't go to school. It certainly doesn't look like he did...

Disregarding the question about sisters, Buttercup continued.

"I have no clue as to why I'm here," she huffed. "One minute I beating up some strange mole guy, and in another I'm in the middle of a street! If I knew who did this, boy would they get a beating." Buttercup shook her fist and snorted, her breath coming out in wisps.

"Oh hey, I never got your name," she said as she looked down at the stranger.

"Mind telling me?"

"You're doing a really bad attempt at being scary. And who's Jack anyway?" Asked Ellie, rolling her eyes, she reached to the back of her head and twirled her ponytail, 'Endure and Survive eh?' She thought to herself, longing to be back at Barry.

Edited by Totts

((Totts, That's your first warning. In the rules, it styes that one-liners are unacceptable. You get three warnings and then you're kicked.))

"oh, my name?" Eridan asked.

He didn't really have a,problem with telling her, but the way she said it made him uncomfortable. He might as well anyway.

"i am eridan ampora." He said as dramatically as he could manage in the cold.

The cold. He wondered if the wondrous snow was what was making him cold. It would make sense. Sometimes the most beautiful things could be the most dangerous. He pulled his cape a little tighter around him.

"do you knoww wwhere wwe can go to get out of this cold?" He asked, a slight whine entering his tone.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

"Just promise not to stab anyone," Jack replied with a grin. Ah, who was he kidding? The first thing he could actually communicate with that wasn't a stupid rabbit? He was not letting this opportunity go. He looked over at the human and sighed. "She can't see me. Not being believed in stinks. I mean, who do they think brings snow and frost?"

Loki stared impassively at the sword, not moving at all except to flinch when the sword struck the chain. There was a loud snapping sound as the chain snapped, leaving him with the shackles still binding his wrists but quite a bit more mobility. He rotated his wrists then rubbed his muzzle before leaving it on. He nodded his head in thanks then turned to leave.

Buttercup's eyes shifted to the side. Her enhanced vision searched the area for a building of some sort.

Come on, anything, anything at all, would work. A mental sigh of relief came out of Buttercup as she spotted a building not too far away. It seemed like an abandoned gas station. The gas tanks were still underground, poisoning the land around it. Yet, it seemed as though no one had cared about that.

The owners probably couldn't pay to get the gas removed. That would explain why there's no one there.

Turning to Eridan, Buttercup said, "There's a building not too far from here." She pointed in the direction of the gas station. "You might not be able to see it, but it's there. We could get warm in there and try to figure out how we got here. Sound like a plan?"

"Wait! Don't you want your muzzle off?" Lanie called after the god. She sheathed her sword and then ran after him. Her bare feet dug into the sidewalk so she stopped close to him. "I'm only trying to help. I can break the shackles too, if you want." Lanie might've been afraid of the world around her, but she felt like she should help this stranger.

Dark Link chuckled in response. Jack Frost. Spirit guy that you apparently can't see. he turned towards the young-looking spirit. Hey, do something to prove you're here and that I'm not crazy.

Edited by shadow_claw

Eridan nodded, "I could be found agreein to that." He said.

He walked in the direction Buttercup had pointed.

hopefully we'll be findin out how we got here soon so we can be gettin back. if only i could remember what i was doin beforehand.

He pondered this as he trudged forwards.

"So, your sword, have you ever actually hit someone with it?" Asked Ellie, examining it, it seemed to be shiny, yet somewhat dark, "Oh, and I suppose 'Jack' Didn't really care when he made this day so cold did he?" complained Ellie

Buttercup continued her way towards the gas station. The ever increasing snow wasn't helping and the slight fog was even more unhelpful.

Stupid weather, why can't it just be sunny already? Where the heck are we? Alaska?

As Buttercup neared the gas station, she could see it much more clearly. The lamp posts near it along with the lights installed into the building itself were all off, with the exception of a single lit lamp post by the corner of the road. The state of the building itself was horrific. Everything was crumbling, the pumps were rusty and greasy, the air smelled of oil, the letters hanging on the sign were falling off, and, worst at all, the windows were cracks and had an ominous feeling to them.

"This is the place," Buttercup announced, showing no ounce of fear. "It's not much, but at least we'll be out of the snow."