shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Dug’s tail started to wag when it became clear that Clint didn’t see the man who called himself ‘Confidential’ as a threat. However, he then became rather confused as he listened to Clint and the other man talking. Try though he may words like ‘fictional’ and ‘alternate universe’ just went right over his head. One thing he did understand, though, was that when Clint spoke of his girlfriend he became a little sad, and that made Dug sad. Setting the ball down, his ears drooped as he went over to Clint and after he gently placed a paw on Clint’s foot, he looked up to him as he said, “Master, are you okay?”

Legolas hoisted the cat up, holding it close to his chest as he looked around the back rooms of the pet store. The cat was meowing loudly now. It was probably hungry but it was difficult to distinguish where the food was. Nothing actually seemed like food, just round pellets. That could hardly taste food. So he tucked one arm under the cat to support it better and pushed the door open, walking back out to the store. Clint was native to this place so he would know what the creature should eat. "Clint," he called out as he approached the front of the store. There was another man there but he seemed peaceful enough since the two of them were not in the middle of a fight. We're they friends, perhaps? "I found this creature in a cage in the back. What kind of food does it eat?"

Gilligan finally got up and was now holding an inguana. The strange man was now finally talking, but his question seemed to be directed towards Clint. "Gee," he said to the iguana. "I wish I was back on the island. This place is so different."

Hook wandered around town until he ran into Samus once again. "Oh hullo...Samus was it?" Hook asked, resisting the urge to call her 'luv' again. "I thought the lad would be with you, appearantly not."

Cole was now hopping building to building, his eyes searching for that freaking undead guy that threatened to turn him into a 'corrupted', whatever that meant. "Where the hell is he?" he asked himself, perching on top of a building.

Samus took a step back when Hook slammed into her. Should she have been in her suit, she wouldn't of moved. But, alas, she was not in her suit and therefore not as strong. Regaining her balance, Samus listened to Hook's words intently. He thought Felix was with her? Why would he think that?

"I'm afraid not," Samus said as she brushed herself off. "I left to go for a stroll before anyone else did apparently. Do you need help looking for him? I don't exactly have anything to do and if he's in any sort of trouble I wouldn't want you to worry about him."

"It's not that I'm afraid for Felix," Hook said. "The lad has proven himself quite tough if he's in danger. He was gone when I woke up, so I assumed he went out with you. Hopefully he can find his way back to the hotel and just stay put." If Felix wasn't with Samus, then where was he? Was the Lost One even looking for Samus? Hook hoped so, but said nothing.

"Oh. Samus rubbed the back of her head. Apparently Hook didn't mind where Felix had ran off to. Well, maybe that wasn't the case. Hook just said that Felix could take care of himself. If that was true, then there was no need to worry.

Of course, he wasn't exactly doing well when I found him freezing to death in the snow. This place is far more advance than he is and holds horrors beyond his comprehension. I don't think this is the best place to be running off on your own if you can't properly defend yourself.

"Is there anything you needed for me?" Samus asked with a blink. "If you just wanted to know with Felix was, then I suppose I'll get back with my stroll, but if you needed anything, I could cut this walk short to help. After all, there really isn't much to do here."

"Do you mind if I join you?" Hook asked hesistantly. "I need to discuss something with you." Part of the reason he wanted to join Samus was to ask her what she thought about Felix, if she denied him, then he'll probably go back to the hotel to wait for Felix.

Samus blinked at Hook's question. He wanted to come with her? She hadn't expected him to said that but she wasn't exactly upset. She had hoped for good company and perhaps Hook could offer her that. But he had asked if there was something he could discuss with her. That meant that something serious was going on.

"Ask of me what you will," Samus said as she waved Hook to walk with her. "I'm open to anything."

"What do you think of Felix?" Hook asked as he started walking. The pirate was hoping for a descent answer. Hopefully, Samus could ease his mind and tell Samus what the boy thought of her. If she didn't give him a descent answer, Hook would still talk about Felix.

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

That... wasn't the question Samus was expecting. She thought Hook was going to ask her how she got into Chicago or what was going on. Of course, Hook seemed focused on Felix at the moment, so that may answer why he wanted to talk about him. Still, the question of why Hook was connecting Felix to Samus beckoned. Maybe he was still suspicious of Felix and wanted to make sure he wasn't getting in the wrong crowd. That was a possibility.

"I think he has a lot to learn," Samus said, carefully choosing her words. "This world is much more dangerous than he thinks and he needs to be careful about that. In terms of personality, I think he seems like any regular teenager. Of course, my definition of regular and the rest of the world's definition of regular are different, but it's still what I think. Felix... needs someone to guide him. He needs someone to show him what to do, someone to trust. That's true for anyone, but I think he's one of those people who needs it a little more than the rest of us. Is there a reason you asked me this?"

Hook listened to Samus's answer with ease. "Well," Hook said. "He had a family before he went to Neverland. I guess he wasn't too happy being with them at the time because Pan had a flute that only the ones who felt like they had no family could hear. Since he stayed on Neverland for a couple of centeries, it's most like his parents are either dead or almost dead due to a powerful curse that transported them into a place called Storybrooke." Hook tried not to curse at himself for explaining that whole situation. "Besides all that, being here is giving the lad something Neverland could never give him." At this point, he was looking at Samus. "A mother."

Hook was treading on thin ice. Samus knew what he was saying and she didn't like it. Not one bit. Not only did Hook give her more information than she needed, he was trying to force something on to her. In all honesty, she didn't care that much about Felix. In fact, she didn't care much about anyone she had met besides Yoshi. She didn't want anyone she had met to die or get hurt, but she didn't feel a connection towards them a responsibility. She hadn't even been in this world for two days and someone was asking her act as someone's guardian. Well she wasn't going to let herself be pushed around by someone she knew less than a day.

"It apparently didn't give him a father either," Samus said, keeping her voice level. "Captain, I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you want me to do. I don't see how I can be of assistance to Felix," Samus was hoping Hook would back off. She was dropping him a hint and he didn't take it, she'd deal with him directly.

Hook nodded, getting the hint. He didn't say anything else, just thinking over what Samus had said. Maybe if he had waited a couple of days before talking to Samus about this would have been better. "You're right," Hook said, before trying to change the subject. "How exactly did you get into this world?"

Ah, now this was something Samus could talk about. She was still riled up by the previous conversation, but she was more than happy change the subject.

"I don't exactly how I got in this world to be honest," Samus sighed with a shrug. "I remember I was running from something... something I don't remember. I'm afraid the memory is too blurry. My apologizes, Hook, but I can't exactly tell you how I got into this world....how about you? What do you last remember before you got here?"

"Well, I was with Miss Swan and her parents, Snow White and Prince Charming," Hook replied. "Also with Snow White's step-mother Regina. We were on Neverland, trying to get Miss Swan's son back. Next thing I know, I'm in the middle of this city surrounded by cars of all things. I know it couldn't be Regina, I know the island to well for her to cast me here and Miss Swan is still learning how to use magic."

Samus pursed her lips together. She hadn't read many fairy tales, but she was sure at least one of those names came from a fictional character. Samus wasn't entirely sure if there could be someone named "Snow White" or "Charming". Apparently someone didn't care what they named their children. Samus didn't want to judge Hook poorly for the names he had given, so she simply gave him the best comment she could.

"At least you knew what happened before you got there," Samus offered. "I don't see how running away and being on an island or connected. I thought the events prior to everyone being brought here would be similar, but I guess not."

"Aye," Hook replied before breaking out his flask and drinking some whisky. "This world would be terribly confusing had I not spent some time in Storybrooke." He turned his head, something catching his eye. "What the bloody hell?" Whatever it was seemed human, but it seemed to be pure black with tentacles coming out from the backside.

Samus's head swirled around as Hook suddenly curse. Some strange humanoid with slimy black tentacles connected to it. The thing looked anything but friendly and didn't seem as though to it was just passing by to say, "hello".

"Just when I thought this world wouldn't get any weirder," Samus sighed. She didn't particularly want to fight at the moment. She had enjoyed taking a walk through the city. It was nice and relaxing. This thing was probably going to ruin it.

"I suppose you aren't going to ask us how the weather is, are you?" Samus asked the humanoid, a knowing tone in her voice.

Hook drew his sword as the black humanoid thing snarled at them. "Easy mate," Hook said, taking a few steps foward to test something out. The thing lashed out with a clawed hand but Hook defended himself with his sword. It then proceeded to continue it's lashing out as it moved foward and Hook moved back. "This is not proper form mate." Hook then intercepted one of the claws and slashed at the creature. The creature moved back snarling, moving away from Hook and Samus.

Samus scrunched up her nose at the vile creature. Her power suit returned to her and her blaster instantly went up to the creature. She held the cannon with one hand and began to charge. A soft whirling sound appeared as the cannon charged.

"You messed with the wrong person," Samus growled as she shot at the creature repeatability. She kept herself in a stance but prepared to move herself if necessary. This thing was pathetic. It was doing a poor job at being harmful and was acting more like a wild animal that a proper human being.

(The quality of my posts are slowly dropping. >.<)

Edited by Doctortear

Hook stood there, watching the creature get blasted into dust at Samus' gun thingy. "Highly interesting indeed," a voice said, seemingly behind them. Hook turned around just to see something black get thrown at him.

At the sound of someone speaking behind her, Samus leaped away, her gun focusing on what ever was behind her. She backed up several feet away from said person, her eyes narrowing. Hook was covered by something, that was for so. She didn't know what exactly, but something was on top of him. Without speaking, Samus pointed her blaster at whatever had spoken.

Oh right, the workers! Clint had nearly forgotten about them. He thought of it cruel to fire them, so he decided to keep the store running. Just, it was closed at the moment. 'S closed fer the day. I let the employees take th' day off. he answered casually. As Dug spoke, he looked down and smiled at the golden retriever. He rubbed the dog's soft head with one of his hands. Yeah, I'm jus' fine bud. Don'cha worry. It seemed as if everyone was flocking to him today. Even Legolas was asking questions. Clint looked at the cat in the elf's arms and chuckled. Uh...Cat food is in the isles. I saw some earlier. I reccomend the canned food. The dry stuff is just weird. Man, he hadn't had this much attention in ages!

Yes, ve have much to do. Follow me, I'm sure ve vill zink of something. Prussia decided. He walked back to the bench his brother was sitting on and ruffled the blonde's hair. Vest! Ve have much to be doing! Bring your friend along, zis vill be fun! Like usual, Prussia was taking command of the situation.

Germany rolled his eyes as Prussia returned and released a heavy sigh. Gilbert was an idiot. He glanced over at Scout before reluctantly standing up. I do suppose you can join us. Zough, Prussia is a pain to deal vith. He told Scout. The man in blue didn't seem all that bad. He was just a little irritating.

<OOC: Wasn't Germany already standing up? huh.gif >

Scout relaxed as Germany seemed to calm down but tensed as the other guy came over. Was he going to give him a piece of his mind too? Had he overheard their conversation? ...Apparently, not. Scout scratched his head. Should he join them? After all, he had been looking for Samus...

Wait, where was that stone dragon?

"Hey, what happened to dat stone dragon thing?" Scout asked. Had the guy - what was his name again? Prussia? - had actually defeated that thing? Heck, it didn't even look like he had a scratch on him!

~~~

While Hawkeye - or Clint Barton, as he had read from his badge - seemed to be enjoying the attention, Spy, however, was not and he took a step back. He was used to blending in with the background. In fact, he felt alarmed at the number of people who had popped up, though there could not have been more than two more. How had Hawkeye managed to acquire the shop, anyway? Had he not just said that he was from another alternate universe? Had the dog just spoken again? Was he going insane?! Beneath his hood, Spy grimaced. He needed to get a hold of himself. He was a Spy and Spies were supposed to handle things even if they were transported to an alternate universe. After all-

Hold on a minute. If he had been transported to this alternate universe along with Hawkeye, did that mean he was as fictional as Hawkeye was? "Non...impossible!" He was as real as can be. How could he possibly be fictional? Then again...it did make sense with Respawn and everything...but still... No! If he was a Spy, he was damn well sure that he was going to find out what the hell was going on. He was independent, he didn't need to rely on anyone!

He was still curious as to how Hawkeye had managed to arrive in this universe, though.

"I noticed zat you avoided my earlier question. How did you manage to arrive in zis dimension?"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Legolas nodded quickly and quickly turned on his heel. So it was cat food he was looking for and he would find it in cans. Keeping this information in mind, he moved down the isles until he managed to find a section with an image rather similar to the animal he was holding. He moved slowly down the isle, looking from side to side until he spied the cans Clint had specified. He shifted the meowing cat to one arm so that he could lift up the can and examine it. He dropped sighed and dropped it onto the floor before placing the cat down and drawing one of his knives. He smashed the blade down onto one side of the can then began wiggling it around until a decent-sized hole had opened up inside of it and allowing a cloud of foul smells to rise into the air. Quickly, Legolas grabbed the cat and retreated from the can. "How could you be meant to eat something that foul?" He asked in surprise as he nudged the can with his boot. He frowned then picked up another can, studying it's label. From what he could see, it had some kind of fish in it. So cats ate fish? Well, that seemed to solve most of the problem since there were massive containers of fish nearby. Leaving the cat food behind, he stood up and started towards the case of goldfish.