shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Lanie had planned on ripping Puck's throat out if Loki hadn't said anything. Usually, she was a good person. She protected villages and killed monsters and helped rescue people. Loki hadn't exactly had the chance to see her when she was in kill mode. He hadn't gotten to see her rage when provoked for the intent of amusement. That was, until now. Lanie hesitated as Loki yelled at her. Instead of digging her teeth into Puck's neck, she dug her set of claws deeper into his chest, growling as she did so. Puck had crossed the wrong woman, because the said woman was injured, tired, and now pissed off. Not to mention she possessed magical abilities, was a skilled warrior, and could use magic only dragons could. But hey, it had been Puck's choice. Now he could deal with it. Am I interesting now, you elvish scum?! she snarled.

When he realized that his offering didn’t work, Azog cursed in the Black Speech and then told the female to make the hole they would be coming out of. Though he doubted it was possible, he was still hoping that the beast could be reasoned with so he called out, “Hold! I do not wish to fight you.” He briefly glanced to his mace but given what he’d seen of this beast, he knew that it would be useless against it so he took a couple steps back to make sure that the mace wouldn’t get caught up in the second hole.

Megaguirus glared at the white creature as it made strange noises. Was that suppose to be it's war cry? Pathetic. The damn atomic lizard had a better roar than that. A more subtle hiss escaped Megaguirus. It was a warning. Back off or she would attack. After all, she could easily dismantle this beast. There was nothing to it really. Just a quick stab through the heart and the queen would make another meal for her children. Perhaps she could even lay her eggs in the creature's stomach, make him an incubator for the hatchlings along with their first meal. It wasn't a bad idea and it wasn't like the queen hadn't thought of it before. She just never got the chance to do it.

Eyes narrowing, Chell wiped her bloody hands off on her jumpsuit and picked up her portal gun. As soon as it was slipped on did it form perfectly around her hand and ready up to fire a portal. For a few brief seconds, she toyed with her options. There were two she came up with:

1) run with the help of her portal gun and leave Azog to the giant wasp

2) be a good little prisoner and do as she was told.

Hm...The options weren't that hard to juggle. One portal to the way they entered, and another...With a soft swoosh, Che had placed a portal beneath her feet and traveled at least ten meters away from Azog. To keep him from following her, she quickly fired the portal that had been originally placed at her feet to the left wall. She was done with being a prisoner. She had to deal with that in Aperature.

Puck's shoulders practically rose to his pointed ears as he squeezed his eyes shut. It was hard to move with the lioness on top of him and even harder to breathe. But even if he could catch his breath to yell a spell, he couldn't think of any that would do him any good at the moment. And most of them required long rhymes as well. As if he could choke one out in time. So instead, he did his best not to scream in pain as the claws dug into his chest.

"Lanie," Loki warned as he walked over to the two, trying to calm the lioness. "I'd like to kill him as much as you would. But please, we need to think this through. I can go grab the chains he was tied up in earlier and we can bind him until he agrees to turn you back to normal. We can just kill him later."

"Because that sounds soooo appealing to me!" Puck managed to yell at the god with a scowl. As if he'd turn her back if they were just going to kill him later.

Lanie's response wasn't exactly expected. She whipped her head around and roared at Loki, the ridge of fur along her back raising as she did so. This form was much more wild than what she was used to. It contributed to the violence as much as her own fury did. Lanie didn't usually carry a bloodlust with her, but this...this felt good. She wasn't able to do this usually. Not with this sheer amount of force. Although the gentle, warmhearted woman Loki knew wasn't gone, she was surely pushed into a corner. Lanie didn't have a wild look in her eyes even when angered. No, this was different. This was a wild animal fueled by Lanie's thoughts.

Puck decided that it was best to hold his tongue at this point. Should've gone with the house cat instead. Loki held up his hands as he slowly approached the lioness. He cared for Lanie, he truly did. He was not about to let her become subjected to instincts based on her new form. She was still Lanie and he wasn't going to lose her. "Lanie," He said softly, slowly inching forward, hunched over slightly in case she decided to pounce. "Lanie, it's okay. You need to make sure you're in control. Please, do not lose yourself now." Getting the chains was not possible now. But they just seemed like normal, iron chains. Maybe he could craft some himself and see if those worked instead.

Tail lashing, Lanie hissed as Loki began to approach her. She tightened her grip on Puck with her claws and angled her ears backwards. The lioness seemed about ready to pounce on Loki, but faltered before she did. Wait. Wait. That was Loki! Why...why was she going to attack him? Lanie visibly switched gears as she went from hostile, to confused, to guilty. She sheathed her claws and slowly stepped off Puck in favor of Loki. Once she was close to the man, however, she didn't attack. Instead, she pressed her large, amber head into his hand. Loki? She asked softly. I...I don't like this...

Loki tensed as he readied himself to be clawed to pieces. Instead, however, his words seemed to work and the big cat walked over and pressed her hand against his head. He quickly knelt down on one knee and gently petted her head. "It's alright," He replied slowly. "I'll fix it."

Puck held his chest as he slowly climbed to his feet and began to hover. That was the last time he turned a cat lady into a lion. He was ditching this place to go heal. He started to fly upwards when Loki extended a hand and a blast of golden magic assumed the form of iron chains not very different than the ones they had found him in. The chains wrapped around Puck's body, pinning his arms to his chest and the fae plummeted back down to the ground. Loki grimaced as he lowered his hand and patted Lanie's head. "You go rest. I'll talk to him and see what I can do."

Lanie didn't need much convincing. She padded to where she had torn her clothing up and flopped down there. As Loki took the problem into his hands, she licked the blood from her paws and cleaned her wounds. He was right; she needed to rest. Lanie was in pain, and now sad and tired as well. She didn't have the heart to do anything other than sulk and clean herself up.

Loki watched the lioness leave before turning his attention back to the figure lying on the ground nearby in chains. He sighed as he walked over to the fae and lifted him up by the chains. Obviously, he was a dangerous character. He turned Puck around to face him, not buying the unconscious act at all. "Wake up," He barked, shaking the fae violently. He was bleeding from several claw marks but Loki was past the point of sympathy. When this failed to bring a response, he grimaced and dragged Puck to the closest pilliar, using the chains already wrapped around his torso to tie him to the pillar. As soon as Loki released him, Puck slouched over and his head fell forward. Loki stepped back to examine his work then sighed and trudged back to the lioness. "We'll have to wait until he wakes up," He muttered, glancing at the elf-like creature. "We should rest for now," He added, turning back to the lioness.

Lifting her head once Loki returned, Lanie looked up at the mage sleepily. Resting was fine with her. The lioness yawned and stretched, before pawing at an open space beside her. That is alright. You're welcome to join me in resting for the night. She decided. It wasn't as if Loki's pride would get in the way now. They were different species, so there wasn't any awkwardness to it.

Loki was too tired himself to protest and nodded. He walked over to Lanie and laid down beside her, absolutely exhausted from the efforts with the stupid prankster currently chained nearby and the events of the day. "Thank you," He whispered, giving the trickster nearby one last glance before resting his head on his hands as a makeshift pillow and closing his eyes. They could give everything more thought in the morning and then kill the stupid boy. He had his fair share of annoyances from the boy and didn't want to play babysitter for him.

With a soft sigh, Lanie rested her head on Loki's shoulder. She gradually shut her eyes, and then tucked her paws beneath her. Loki? she asked. Don't...Don't leave me. Don't be like everyone else. Please. Lanie's biggest fear was abandonment. She was always so afraid that she would be left alone after so many times of this happening. The last person she wanted to leave her was Loki.

Loki's eyes opened but he did not shift around very much so he did not disturb the lioness resting on his shoulder. "I'm not going to," he replied, raising a hand to pat her shoulder comfortingly. "But you must promise not to leave me either. I am unsure of what would happen if I found myself alone again. Last time, nothing good came from it."

Nearby, Puck stirred in his sleep. Instead of bolting upright immediately as some would have done, he slowly opened his eyes and clenched his teeth together. With his head hunched forward, it wasn't difficult to see that he was chained up again. But this time, he lacked the mobility to try to escape. Great. The fae quickly closed his eyes again, deciding to use this time to rest and recover instead of giving away that he was awake. The good news was that they probably didn't know how to kill him. The better news was that he wasn't still being attacked.

Hook watched as Felix nod his head and quickly went over to Samus. Did the boy think of her as a mother? "If he gets cold, he can borrow my cloak," he said going over to the Lost One and Samus.

"I perfer standing," Cole said, refusing to sit. He barely looked at the tea. "I'm only confused as how I winded up in Chicago when I was New York."

The Alchemist reappeared on the top of a building. At least he was immortal and the princess wasn't here to destroy him.

Samus gave a small nod at Hook's suggestion.

"If you're willing to part with it, that would be very kind of you," she commented. Wasn't Hook and Felix enemies? Why would he so suddenly decide to do something to help Felix? Was it because Samus proved that the boy was not the most dangerous being in the current circumstance? Sure, she was glad Hook decided to heed her words, but she didn't exactly think he'd turn this quickly. It was a bit odd if you asked her. But, nevertheless, she was glad that Hook decided to help Felix instead of bicker about the past.

Felix eyed Hook wearily. Why was his enemy helping? He watched the pirate take his jacket off to put around him. A major part of Hook was reluctant to give his enemy his leather cloak, but if they were to survive in this world, Felix would need protection. What better protection than Samus and a pirate?

Samus gave a satisfied nod as Hook placed his coat around Felix. She was sure if Hook planned to go with her and the boy, but if he wanted his jacket back anytime soon, then she supposed he was coming.

"Let's get going then," she said as she pushed open the front door of the restaurant and exited into the the snow ridden Chicago. Samus felt the cold almost instantaneously. A light breeze brushed past her and frost began to nib at her cheeks. She would of appreciated the beauty of the snow more if it wasn't so damn cold. Although the clothing she had bought helped with keeping the cold out, it did not keep her fully warm.

"The hotel is this way," Samus said as she began to walk down the street she had been on prior. Hopefully, they would get back to the hotel soon. The temperature was dropping and Samus wasn't going to get any warmer standing around outside.

Elsa clicked her tongue softly as she raised one of her hands impulsively to her mouth. This Force was magic? Than the power she had-the curse she had-was known well to other people in the guise of Force? And Aayla could control it. "How?" She immediately asked, desperate to learn her secrets. She couldn't control her own power. How was it Aayla could control whatever hers was? "Please, you must tell me," She added, clasping her hands together. "The only thing I can do is hurt people and I can't control it. How do you?"

As Hook followed Samus and Felix outside, he almost regretably regreted giving his jacket to Felix. The pirate held his tongue, even though it was bitterly cold outside. He was hoping the hotel wasn't to far away.

When Clint said they could go to Petco, Dug became quite animated as he said, “Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!” As Clint started to walk away, Dug closely followed for a moment and then ran back to the others to make sure they were coming as well. With Gilligan already on the move, Dug ran to Luiz as he said, “Come on, Luiz. We are going to that nice place.” Without waiting for a reply, he then ran over to Legolas. “Come on, Legolas. We are going-“ His words were cut off by a sneeze, and then sniffing the air he said, “You smell like trees…I like trees. Come on!” Once again, he didn’t wait for a reply before calling, “I am coming, Master.” He then ran back to Clint and stayed by his master’s side as they walked…well for the most part anyways. He did keep Clint as roughly the center of the area that he was exploring; sniffing things on one side then the other, but always making sure not to fall behind.

Scout hadn't really been paying attention to the conversation - not a big surprise there. He had been staring out of the window, wondering what was happening back at Teufort. Was his team missing him? Were they looking for him? He let out a small humph and tilted his head slightly away from the window and noticed just in time that Samus was looking at him as she left the restaurant. Snapping back to attention, he leaped up and dashed after her out of the door, glad to get away from the group of people in the restaurant. Scout was no introvert but the bunch were too weird for him. As if being a part of a team of nine wacky mercenaries wasn't weird enough. Speaking of which, were had the RED's Medic gone? Scout hadn't noticed but oh well, he didn't give two craps about that crazy sadist. A truck could run him over for all he cared. Catching up with Samus, he slowed his pace to a jog and scowled when he noticed two other guys who had shown up coming along with them.

"Who are these two nutcrackers? Don't tell me they're gonna share da room with us! Why's that one even dressed like a freakin' pirate? It ain't Halloween, ya know!" he jeered at the guy with a hook.

<OOC: Eh..well...hi, I'm back, I guess?>

Hook frowned at this guy. "That's because I am pirate," Hook said highly annoyed. "And what the bloody hell is 'Halloween'?" If this guy wanted a fight, well, a fight he was going to get. He drew his sword before he noticed that a second later, Felix had his staff drawn.

At that point, Scout paused. He may be brash but he wasn't stupid; he had a brain. His weapons were left in his room, he only had his baseball with him, and he wasn't sure if he could take on two people at once, unless Samus jumped in, which he highly doubted her to do. She'd probably blast him in the face if he started fighting with this two. However, he noticed the expressions on the duo and a grin spread slowly across his face. "Why the Hell not?" It wasn't like he didn't fight and kill almost everyday. He wasn't that completely useless without his weapons, either. He crossed his arms, deciding not to attack first, continuing to throw jeers at the two but his legs were tense, ready to dodge and run the moment one of the other two retaliated.

"Oooh, that's reeeal scary. Whatcha gonna do with that plastic knife 'o yours? And is that a TWIG? You're seriously gonna try and hit me with a stick?! You two are total clowns, ya know that? Fancy not even knowing what Halloween is!"