shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Luiz plopped down with a small shrug and let his tongue roll out, swiping at his drool automatically like he always did. "I dunno, but I hope its good. I ain't usually picky about what I eat, but the little pellet things get old," he replied, tilting his head back so his short hind leg could reach his ear in order to scratch.

Dug nodded in agreement as he sat down next to Luiz, and he had every intention of waiting patiently for Legolas to come back. Unfortunately, it had never been said that patience was one of his strong points and before long his tail started to wag again as he said, “Hey guess what; I found a whole bunch of balls!” He then jumped in a little circle and added, “Oh…oh, I have just had a wonderful idea.” He dropped to his elbows. “We should bring some balls to Master so that he can throw them for us!”

There was a long pause as Chell thought over her options. She could run as far as she could go with the damger of the massive beast and Azog in pursuit, or she could help Azog kill the beast and gain her own freedom. With a frown, Chell looked over at Azog and nodded. It wouldn't take much to either kill or tire out the strange creature that had attacked. Surley it would be managable to stop. With a heavy exhale, she readied her portal gun. This was going to be dangerous.

Icy blue eyes narrowing at the stranger, Lanie scowled. She slowly slacked the tension of the bowstring in favor of her sword. Undead, then. she concluded with a flick of her tail. Yes, she'd kill him. Undead weren't meant to walk the Earth. Silently did Lanie drop from her perch and land with a graceful roll. She stalked towards the Alchemist, flattening her wars as she walked. This fight will be short. If you are smart, you will know to leave the way you entered before I kill you. Undead aren't tolerated by the Dovahkiin. As soon as she finished speaking did she advance so she was outside, and motioned for the Alchemist to follow.

Master...master please... For a ruthless demon, Sebastian had a strange soft spot. He held the orange tabby close, looking up at the tweleve-year-old boy he served with pleading eyes. This was the third cat they had found on the streets, and he wanted to sit there and love it forever. Sebastian loved cats. He loved them with all his heart. Ciel, however, detested the animals. So of course he had rejected every single plea from the demon as they walked down the streets. Halfway through his third bout of begging did a door burst open to reveal a strange cat-woman with a sword. She turned her head and frowned slightly at Ciel and the butler behind the child, before glaring back inside. Master... Setting the tabby down, Sebastian was in the warehouse and had Lanie in his arms in an instant. He calmly walked outside, holding the confused woman as if she was invaluable. What of this one? Surely you will accept such a lovely specimen.

The now horribly confused woman lay limply in Sebastian's grasp, as if unable to wrap her mind around the entire situation. Why was he carrying her? For goodness sake, she was indecent! She wore her cotton dress from before, as her armor was uncomfortable to sleep in. Glancing from the strange butler to the child, she wrinkled her nose in thought.

Edited by shadow_claw

"For God's sake, Sebastian," Ciel barked as the butler pulled out a orange tabby and began begging him to keep it. "What part of 'no' do you not understand? I hate animals and I'm allergic to cats. What part of-" Ciel did not have the time to continue his rant. Sebastian was already spinning around when a door suddenly opened. Expecting the person that opened the door to be an enemy, Ciel prepared to give an order. It was to his most loathed dreams did said person turn out to be part.... feline. Sebastian, already knowing what he was going to do, set down the tabby and rushed over to the woman. In less than a minute, he was standing before Ciel, with the woman in his arms and pleads coming from his mouth. Ciel opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again, and then closed it once more before rubbing his temples.

"Where the hell did you even-" Ciel stopped himself. "You know what? No, I'm done with this. I am dome with this country, and all its damn cats!" Ciel turned away, rubbing his forehead. "I am going to die sneezing before we get my revenge!" he shouted as he began to walk away dramatically. He was obviously going to come back, but the cat woman was just too much for him.

"I'm done! I'm done!"

Edited by Doctortear

Eyes squeezing shut as she tried to process what was going on, Lanie stiffened. Who was this strange man and why was he infatuated with her? She didn't understand any of it. Her bare feet stuck up in the air rather comically as she tensed to spring from the demon's grasp. When she finally slid from his arms to walk back inside, she dusted herself off. I do say, perhaps you should ask a lady before seeping her off her feet. Sebastian's face lit up once Lanie spoke. She could talk! She was intelligent! He followed behind the woman as she crouched and picked up the blade Sebastian had made her drop earlier. Spinning gracefully on her heel did Lanie turn and point it at the butler's chest. Her blue eyes narrowed as she studied him, before she finally sheathed it to her belt. Her eyes only widened again as Sebastian took her hand gently and knelt.

Of course, my dear lady. How rude of me to startle you so. Do accept my humblest apologies. There was no wonder why Lanie became so flustered. Her ears flattened and face turned a pale, slightly visible shade of pink. Embarrassment quickly shifted to confusion as the butler squeezed her hand. There was no form of affection in it, but it was merely a test. A few careful squeezes to her hand, and her claws involuntarily slid out. Red eyes sparkling with curiosity, Sebastian studied this in awe. May I ask your name, fair lady?

Elaani Dragon-Slayer. Though, I am called Lanie. What of you? Surely you carry a name as well. The Dragonborn slipped her hand from his as she said this to cross her arms. Loki wasn't going to be a happy camper to find more people.

Sebastian Michaleis. Do tell, why does a woman such as yourself carry such...barbaric weapons? At this did Lanie frown. A hand was placed upon the pommel of her blade as she scowled. Men were always assuming that women weren't strong enough to use and carry weapons. They were wrong, of course.

A warrior carries her weapons close at hand. How else is she to protect herself?

A warrior? Perhaps that could sway Ciel's choice. After all, an able-bodied warrior would fit well with the staff already at Phantomhive manor. Sebastian glanced over his shoulder at Ciel, before standing up and smiling. He wasn't leaving until he had a better chance to study her, and then maybe, just maybe he could convince Ciel to hire her.

The cat ended up draping itself over Legolas's shoulders as he quickly made his way outside onto the street. The pigeons, being city birds, were not used to threats coming from humanoid creatures. Sure they scattered when approached but the sight of the boy did not frighten them off. It was a shame, really. But that did not stop Legolas from drawing his bow and firing off several arrows in rapid succession. In less than a minute, he had managed to kill about ten of the birds before the flock was out of range. Well, less out of range and more like the elf did not care to figure out the maze of the city to find where the dead birds with arrows sticking out of their chests had happened to fall. So he sheathed his weapon and quickly began collecting the birds, removing his arrows from their tiny chests as he did so. Holding the dead birds by their feet, he quickly walked back inside of the pet store and started towards the back room. There was enough space there to prepare the birds for proper consumption. This would be much better for the dogs than that nasty food in the cans.

Elsa did her best not to look completely disheartened by this news. "Ah," She replied, holding one hand by the wrist in an effort to control her abilities and prevent them from running amok. "So this is not the same thing as the… Force. I suppose I should've expected as much." She wiggled her fingers slightly then let both of her hands fall to her sides. "I was told that fear would be my greatest enemy. I have kept my abilities secret to prevent people from fearing me. But it is becoming harder to control my abilities now. I have no idea how to prevent people from fearing me when I cannot hide what they fear, not control it."

Loki, meanwhile, had his fair fill of strangers. Especially strangers that were obviously from different realms as they were. He sighed loudly and slowly stood, deciding the best thing he could do was follow Lanie and make sure he had her back. But, not hearing the loud, distinct sounds of fighting from outside, he took his time in brushing off his shirt and making sure all of his weapons were in order before striding towards the door and stepping into the light.

Immediately, Loki's green eyes moved from Lanie the man standing nearby to the boy walking away. His eyes narrowed as they turned back to the man, deciding the boy wasn't worth an ounce of his time. But people talking to Lanie made him uncomfortable. Maybe he was a control freak. Maybe he was overbearing after the incident involving Puck and the aftereffects between himself and Lanie. But he did not like people talking to Lanie at all. Especially not tall, dark strangers. That role had been occupied already.

"Lanie," The god called, not moving from his spot. In many fights for dominance among animals, the ones who moved first were the inferior ones. It was the ones who stood their ground that were considered to be in charge. So he held his. "What are you doing? Who is this man you are talking to?"

Ears shooting up and then swiveling, Lanie turned her head and smiled at Loki. She turned away from the suited stranger in favor of the god inside. Sebastian may be a well-dressed gentleman, but he had also rudely scooped her into his arms and had a rather irritating child in his company. No, Loki was better. Smiling at the black-haired god, she started towards him. We have visitors, it appears. This is Sebastian. Butler, I presume, to the child. she answered.

As his name was mentioned, the demon bowed and smiled politely. A perfect mask of pleasantry to hide his calculating thoughts. So she was accompanied by a man. A rather possessive man by the looks of it. There appeared to be more than one problem to solve before he could get his way. Just like his end result in serving Ciel, the reward would take patience. Except an intelligent cat-creature wasn't a soul. Either way, he could be patient. Even if it meant killing this man in order to get his way.

Loki glanced at the butler standing before him, not bothering to hide exactly how unimpressed he was. "Charmed," He replied, not bothering to bow or smile. Instead, he turned back to Lanie, unable to bring himself to even give the other man the time of day. "I was thinking we could move on. Between the fairy earlier and these people now, our location is becoming less secure. I highly doubt the archer and that other fellow did us the pleasure of walking off a cliff. If it becomes too obvious where we are, they might return for another round. We might want to leave the city until we find out how to return him." He glanced over at the small child walking away and managed to spare a gesture to the butler. "Your child appears to be running away. You might want to fetch him before he gets hit by a car."

Hook was now walking by himself. The girl somehow managed to heal him. That was excellent news to Hook. If he had to get someone to heal him, like Rumplestiltskin, he would have died from embaressment. Now he was lost in the city, avoiding much of the street as possible. He didn't want to have another run in with a car. Well this day keeps getting better and better for him.

The Alchemist watched in amusement as he was quickly forgotten as the cat got swept away by this other human. He said nothing and did nothing, but to observe and watch. If he was going to take over this pathetic planet, might as well enjoy this amusement.

Azog answered the female’s nod with a curt nod of his own, and then he turned to face the beast. He knew that what he was about to do was incredibly dangerous – not to mention foolish – but it was the only way he could see to survive against the beast. “Be ready to create a hole beneath me,” he said to the female, “and keep it guessing where I will come out.” He then quickly scooped up his mace and after a slight hesitation he roared a challenge to the beast. He didn’t like the fact that his life was essentially in another’s hands, but he was somewhat comforted by the fact that the female appeared to realize that she wouldn’t survive against the beast without him…at least he hoped she realized that.

~~~~~~~

Aayla listened to Elsa with deepening concern. It was clear to her that without help the young queen would become a thermal detonator waiting to go off. “Whoever told you that fear was your enemy was very wise, Your Majesty,” she said with a sympathetic smile. “However, what concerns me is not the fear others may feel toward you, but rather the fear you do feel toward yourself. I have seen this before and your fear of your abilities could be a large part of the reason you can’t control them. Of course, that doesn’t mean you should simply let go and let your abilities rage unchecked – that never turns out well – but if you’ll let me, I may be able to help you learn control even though you’re not using the Force.”

Edited by starphyre77

"My fear?" Elsa repeated, looking a bit shocked. "Of course I am fearful!" She immediately cried, throwing her hands in the air in defeat. "I nearly killed my sister with these cursed abilities! How am I supposed to rule a kingdom if I cannot even rule my own abilities?" Looking rather exasperated, she took some time to digest what Aayla had offered then quickly reigned in her emotions and resumed her attempts to conceal and not feel. That was, after all, what had been drilled into her head growing up on how to control her abilities as best she could. "I would really appreciate the gesture. But I would not want you to get hurt on accident."

He will return. Sebastian replied calmly. He glanced over his shoulder at Ciel and smirked. Ciel was amusing, at the very least. He turned back towards Lanie and Loki and smiled politely. If you are in fear of being attacked, I am happy to offer my protection to the both of you. No one should have to walk these streets unprotected.

While Loki attempted to tolerate Sebastian, Lanie had walked back inside. She began to pack her belongings, but started first with putting her sleek black armor on. When she returned to the two, she carried the helmet in her hands. Fitting it over her head effortlessly, she sighed. It was good to be back in armor.

I see no reason why you and your master can't accompany us. That is, of course, if he agrees she decided. Lanie slipped past the butler and walked towards Ciel, stopping once she was a few feet away to bow (because curtsies are for pansies). I would like to extend an invitation towards you to accompany us. I am Elaani Dragon-Slayer, and the man with me is Loki Laufeyson. It would be an honor if you and your butler were to travel alongside us. Having dealt with those of high-class in the past, Lanie was used to the pleasantries involved. Possessing phenominal cosmic powers tended to force one to assosciate with the wealthy and upper-class.

At Elsa’s outburst, Aayla’s brow furrowed as she realized that the situation was more serious than she’d realized. She was on the verge of trying to use the Force to calm the other woman down, but before she could, Elsa managed to do so on her own. Well, at least on the surface she appeared calm, but Aayla could still sense the turmoil within Elsa and she knew that she had to help Elsa. “I understand your concern,” she said with sincerity, “but I have means of protecting myself if needed. Please, let me help you before someone does get hurt.”

Elsa did not look so hopeful this time around. On the surface, she was only just managing to control the panic welling up inside of her. "I would really love help," She replied, closing her eyes and drawing in a few deep breaths. That always seemed to help her in the past when she wanted to calm down. But now that she had been worked up, it was a lot more difficult to calm down. "But I'm not really sure... that is, I wouldn't want anything to happen to anyone. Maybe it would be best if we just parted. I am not sure where I am still think I would be safer away from people."

Loki rolled his eyes as he set one hand on his hip. "I highly doubt you could do anything to protect us," He replied very arrogantly. "Aside from serving as a meat shield, of course." He looked the butler over then turned around to find Lanie, only to see her bowing in front of the brat nearby. "Lanie!" He gasped, horrified by her behavior. He quickly started over, gesturing for her to stop behaving so nicely to the boy. "We don't want these people traveling with us. I don't like humans, remember. Humans don't like me. So let's not travel with the humans."

The more she listened to Elsa, the more concerned Aayla became. She briefly considered using the Jedi Mind Trick, but quickly dismissed the idea for she knew that coercing someone into accepting her help like that would only cause problems in the long run. Of course, that didn’t mean she couldn’t do anything to try to help. With a small wave of her hand, she projected soothing Force energy in hopes that it would help Elsa calm down. “I won’t argue that it’d be best for you to be away from people, but I’m not ‘people’,” she said with a slight smile, “I’m a person, and a Jedi at that. Before you decide to part ways, at least let me guide you safely if not out of the city then to a secluded place within the city.”

Megaguirus spun around as she heard a roar of challenge. Her eyes narrowed at the fleshy white creature gave her a hardy glare. The queen recoiled herself, a small hiss emitting from her lips. Did this creature think it could challenge her? Did it think it was stronger than the Meganulon? She was the queen of her race, the dominating being who ruled all those below her! This pitiful creature thought it could challenge her? Ha! She'd snap off his little head, drink the contents of his body, and lay her eggs in the dying warmth that lofty stomach of his. With her maw suddenly open, Megaguirus let out a furious screech, high pitch and horrid. Without hesitation, she sped forward, her claws extended and her tail waving around menacingly.

The entire situation was ridiculous. As soon as the woman stated she was a warrior, Ciel stopped and spun around, curiosity sparkling in his eyes. He did not attempt to say anything as Sebastian tried to cozy himself up to the female who was now proclaimed Laine. Ciel watched with interest as the man, who was apparently named after the Norse god, Loki, came forth and began to act rather arrogantly. He seemed to be rather possessive of Laine, that was obvious. He didn't trust Sebastian in the slightest, which was rather amusing. It showed that he had some insight when it came to strangers, but it also showed that he evaluated the situation as it was and did not think beyond that. Ciel was already thinking how he could use Laine and Loki to his advantage. After his discussion with Jaina the night prior, Ciel saw little lesson to find more company. After all, her claims and proven abilities were far greater than what Ciel had ever seen in his lifetime. Still, it'd be smart to try and make as many allies as possible. The last thing Ciel wanted to do was make unnecessary and potentially dangerous enemies. As Laine approached Ciel, he offered her only a calm look with only a hint of appraising thoughts. Her bow informed Ciel that she was most likely not the most lady like creature and would probably not appreciate to be demeaned down to a "girl". Her tone and word structure informed him that she had taken notice to his clothing and had calculated that he was a nobleman and worthy of respect. It was pleasant to know she was a barbarian, but her feline features were disturbing to Ciel. The sudden baying of Loki for Laine to get away from Ciel only brought the faintest of smirks upon the young boy's voice.

"I think the warrior can decide her own actions," he remarked, making himself sound casual. "Your concerns are understood, but I do think you should allow your companion to express herself if she wishes to." Turning his attention back to Laine, he gave his own bow.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Elaani Dragon-Slayer." Ciel said pleasantly before giving a quick glance to Loki. "As it is with you, Loki Laufeyson. I am Earl Ciel Phantomhive. As it seems your feelings on letting us accompanying you is not a mutual feeling, I'm afraid I cannot accept until you both will welcome us. Though, if it helps any to sooth your worries, not both of us are human."

The day had been quite weird with Hook getting attack by a giant black monster and Felix disappearing into thin air, but despite the circumstances, Samus was surprised when she suddenly show pigeons get shot out of the sky. She almost immediately knew it was someone like herself, someone not native to the planet. No citizen would be shooting city pigeons as gracefully as this stranger did. Being curious and having no one around her to stop her, Samus marched on forward, following the area in which the birds got shot. She spent about ten minutes walking and when she got there, she was disappointed. No one was in sight. A few people were on the streets, one walking near a pet store and two sitting in front of a coffee shop, but there was nothing beyond that. Sighing to herself, Samus sat down on the side of the street and set her feet on the road before her. She had no idea what to do any there was no one around she recognized. How was she suppose to get home at this rate?

Lanie straightened quickly, and, with a thoughtful expression, listened to Ciel speak. So her assumption of him being of high-class was correct. Loki's shouting suddenly made her turn her head and scowl. Have you seen others walking about this city in this sort of garb? No, only you and I dress properley, and now these two. They are just as out of place as us, Loki. It was funny how her tone could go from polite to reprimanding in nearly an instant. With a sigh, she turned back to Ciel and nodded. Of course. I respect your decision, as it is wise to request the consent of both parties. Blue eyes narrowing in thought, Lanie glanced between Sebastian and Ciel a few times. Not human? And only one of them? Surprisingly, it only took her about a minute of thought to get a rough idea. Her eyes lit up once she figured enough out. Of course! I thought I could sense Daedric magic here! It all makes sense now! Very suddenly turning on her heel, she strode over to Sebastian and walked around him in a full circle. Though, you don't appear to be a Daedra, and don't sound like one either. This is no charm either, as this is real flesh and bone. She reached out and grabbed one of Sebastian's wrists and studied it with curiosity. No, the skin was very real. This was so fascinating!

((Daedra are equivalent to demons in the Elder Scrolls))

A quick reset of her Portal gun, and Chell tensed in preparation. The machine around her arm whirred softly as it readied itself. Eyes narrowing to the ground at Azog's feet, she waited. And...there! With a rapid firing, Chell set a portal at his feet and the other at the lip of the ravine. There was no guessing with massive monsters, only tricking it. And Chell had tricked a supercomputer in the past. This would be nothing.

Having already seen how fast the beast could move, Azog wasn’t surprised by either the speed of its attack or its shriek. Loud though the noise was, he saw it as simply a primal screams like many others he’d heard before and thus didn’t find it troubling. What was troubling to him was the fact that the beast was barreling toward him and he was depending on the silent female to keep him alive. Knowing what he would have done in her place, part of him was actually expecting to be impaled when the ground suddenly seemed to disappear beneath him. Even though he knew it was coming this time, falling through the hole like that was a little disconcerting to him and upon finding himself atop the canyon, he had to take a brief moment to regain his bearings. Looking down on the creature with a smug smirk, he yelled, “HERE!”

~~~~~~~

Legolas had returned with some small birds, and Dug was excitedly waiting for whatever he was going to make for Luiz and him. He had almost followed Legolas to the back room, but then he remembered how angry Epsilon would always get when he would try to help. Not wanting Legolas to get angry with him, Dug instead turned and said, “Come on Luiz, the balls are this way!” He started to head to the ball bin, but stopped when he became aware of a very pressing matter. “Uh-oh,” he said quietly and then he headed toward the door as he called to Clint, “Master, I have to go outside…I will be right back.”

Fortunately, he was large enough to trigger the automatic doors and he made sure to go at a slow enough pace so that Luiz could easily keep up with him if he needed to go as well. Once outside he quickly found one of those short post things that he could smell was used for what he needed. Having relieved himself, he stood for a moment with his tail wagging as he sniffed the air and looked around. That was when he noticed a woman sitting on the curb not too far away, and he thought that she looked a little sad. Dug didn’t like when other people were sad, so he calmly walked over to the woman and sniffed toward her as he sat down and almost gently said, “Hi there. Are you okay?”

Edited by starphyre77

Megaguirus was almost upon him! In a single swoop, she'd have him in her clutches, ready to be eaten and crafted into a incubator for her children. Letting out a shriek of victory, Megaguirus swung her claws in the direction of the white creature. She had expected to feel flesh pierce her claws and was quite surprised to feel only air brushing against her. The queen blinked in confusion. The creature had disappeared! Had he teleported perhaps or maybe it was an illusion? For a moment, Megaguirus lost all her ferocity and exchanged it for bewilderment and concern. A small chirp of uncertainly escaped her as she turned around to and fro, searching for the white beast. Had she miscalculated? Was he ever really there? Megaguirus gaze flickered over to the strange portal upon the ground for only a moment before she heard a loud shout behind her. Spinning around almost instantly, the queen saw the creature shrieking above her. Megaguirus was still heavily confused, but saw no reason to stop her attack. With a moment of hesitation, the queen charged forward, her claws snapping at thin air.

Hi there. Are you okay?

Samus blinked as she heard a voice beside her. Turning her gaze to her side, she saw a dog seated right next to her. She blinked at the creature, wondering when it had gotten so close to her. It couldn't have been the one to have spoken, it was just a dog. Samus silently scolded herself at the thought. Earlier that day, a talking bird had slammed into her and desperately asked for her help. A talking dog wouldn't be that peculiar. A quick observation of the dog informed the bounty hunter that there was a good reason as to how it could talk. The collar around its neck was not like any normal dog collar. Perhaps, Samus thought, the collar was allowing it to speak. It wouldn't be anything new to her. Samus, living in a world with greater technology than the world she was currently in, had seen collars that allowed people to talk. It was mostly used for people who had lost the ability of speech, but perhaps someone had made a collar fit for a dog. With a quick glance around as to make sure no one else was around, Samus gave the dog a fake smile and a small nod.

"Yes, I'm alright," she soothed. "There's no reason to worry."

(Oh god these are so bad, forgive me. >.<)

Loki rolled his eyes bit didn't bother explaining he didn't care if they were out of place. Even one of them being human was enough for him. Besides, the child seemed too pretentious for his tastes. And the butler was far too friendly with Lanie. "Well, I suppose we will fall in my favor since I will not welcome either of you into our travels," He replied with a wave of his hand, not caring about the two of them. Although, the idea of the butler not being human was slightly intriguing. He wasn't of Asgard or any of the Nine Realms so… what was he?

He turned back to Lanie, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched her fascination with the butler. "Lanie," He muttered, biting his lip slightly. "May we please carry on now? I understand you are interested in whatever creature this non-human is but really? Must we fuss? I would really prefer if we parted. Sooner, rather than later."

"No, you aren't," Elsa replied, mirroring the smile on her own face. For once, concealing actually felt… better. Strangely nice whereas normally it only served to make her feel like she was overwhelmed by a sea of uncontrollable feelings. But she hesitated anyway at the offer and slowly bit her lip. Could she trust herself to do that? She did feel much better but still, some fear was left. But Aayla had already proven herself to be different from normal people that would fear and shun her. Perhaps her help would be good. Against her better judgement and everything she usually stood for, she nodded. "I would appreciate that," She replied with a small bow.

From the ocean to an alleyway. Honestly, he wasn't quite sure how that had happened. The last thing he remembered or, rather, the last thing he could remember was a harsh kick that sent him plummeting off the side of a cliff, into the sharp rocks the ocean crashed against below. His hair and clothes were soaked in salty water to confirm the fact he had, in fact, been plunged into the ocean. He had not once doubted that he would survive during his fall but to go from falling towards the ocean to waking up in an alley… something was surely amiss. Maybe he was a bit stupid for taking so long to realize it but the only explanation was that someone had moved him. But who, exactly? Nothing else had been done except he had been moved. His injuries not healed, his ropes not removed.

Lessa slowly shifted, working his legs through the slightly loosened rope until he managed to remove one of his boots that the rope was wrapped around. From there, he managed to slip his other boot off with his freed foot so that the only rope was the one wrapped around his chest and he was free to move his feet. Just, not his arms, which were still bound to his chest with the rope. Unlike the one that had been around his feet, it was near impossible to wiggle free from the second rope. But at least he could walk, the little comfort that was.

Lessa gradually climbed to his feet, leaning his shoulder against one wall in the alley so he could more easily stand without the use of his hands. Everything that had transpired was surprisingly upsetting. Usually, he remained calm and unfazed by the passing of time and action of people. But he was shaken and hurt, not just physically and he was starting to question himself over even the most basic of things. Why was he even bothering to stand up? He couldn't do anything now. He was useless. Slowly, he slid back down to the ground in the dark alley, pulling his knees close to his chest. There was nothing he could do. It would be better if he just died now. His injuries seemed grave enough. Maybe if he didn't move, he'd pass on.

Deciding it was best not to argue, Lanie released Sebastian's wrist and started towards Loki. Only, she halted abruptly when she felt a hand stroke her tail. Instantly did her mood shift. Having already lost her tail once, it was precious to her and wasn't going to be handled by anyone without her consent. Her fur shot up and Lanie suddenly spun on her heel and shouted at the demon. Fus Ro Dah! She didn't even bother watching as the butler was thrown into a nearby wall with a crash. With a quiet hiss, she spun around and grabbed Loki's hand and began to stalk away. She had had enough.

Chell looked from Azog to Megaguirus a few times and took in a deep breath. She readied her portal gun yet again, using it to fire a portal even farther away from the attacking beast and another beneath Azog. Once this was dealt with, she would be free. It was a nice notion. All she needed to do was wear the massive beast out, or kill it in the process of tricking it. That couldn't be too hard. Just ten minutes or so from true freedom.

Hey, are ya okay? Clint had followed after Dug to make sure the dog wouldn't wander off when doing its business, but had gotten distracted himself. Both eyebrows scrunched together in concern, the archer knelt down beside the bound stranger. Being a raised by crooks, he knew a planned execution when he saw one. But...something was missing. Yeah, a body of water. Somebody was only tied like that if he was to be drowned. Here, let me get these off ya Reaching a hand forward, his fingers carefully untied the knot that kept the ropes bound. Once the thick could fell off, Clint offered a hand to help the stranger up. Ya don' look too well, how's about ya come inside n' rest fer a bit? I won't bite, I promise.

Edited by shadow_claw

Lessa blinked twice before looking up at the stranger who had appeared in the alley beside him. He was rather surprised that someone had actually managed to sneak up on him. Although, he had not been looking out for someone in the first place so did that truthfully count as sneaking up or simply approaching without him caring to notice? It was an interesting idea that he could address at a later date. It would be rude to trail off and not reply and hold his silence any longer than he already had.

Lessa slowly raised his hands as the ropes around his chest slackened. Compared to the rope that had tied his legs together, the one that had been around his chest had been much tighter. It had hurt, even. A large weight felt like it had been lifted from him and he let out a soft sigh as the coils slackened. That was certainly not the end of his troubles, of course. He did not really care to trudge on and it seemed like just sitting and returning to his origins was a better idea. He turned his bruised and scratched face back to the stranger before looking down at his hand. He reached out as if to take the hand, only to gently try to push it away. He did not want to be rude or appear so but the gentleness was more attributed to the pain that it caused him to move. "I must decline your offer. It would only endanger you to associate with me. I will be fine."

Loki watched the events play out, trying to resist smirking as the butler was taught a lesson. Lanie was very strong and it was great watching her show other people who was boss. The best thing was that, despite her strength, she wasn't a bumbling idiot like his brother. She was strong and intelligent. He grinned over his shoulder at the two before turning to Lanie, following quickly behind her as she held his hand and stomped forwards. "We don't need to associate with them, you see?" He said with a reassuring smile. "We are fine on our own."

Clint's eyes narrowed in an "are-you-serious" sort of look. If he had a dollar for every time somebody had told him that...The archer shook his head slowly. Look here, buddy. My girlfriend's a Russian spy, I'm an assassin, and all of my friends and I beat up over-powered nutjobs for a living. I can handle a little more danger if it means you don't stay out here in th' cold. he insisted with a frown. Jeez, would he have to knock this guy out just to help him? That would be really annoying if that was the case. Bad luck is sorta my thing pal, having more around ain't gonna do me no harm. I've already gone blind, gone deaf, gotten killed, an' had jus' about everyone I care about die or leave me. If ya can one-up any o' that, then I'll be impressed. Yeah, Clint had some pretty bad luck. He usually didn't tell people everything that had happened to him just because he didn't like pity, but this could be an exception. For emphasis of his claims, he plucked at the inside of one of his ears until he managed to pull out a hearing aid. Okay, so maybe he hadn't gone totally deaf.

Deciding words weren't needed, Lanie unsheathed her claws just enough to prick at Loki's exposed skin. It wasn't enough to actually hurt him, of course. It was simply a warning for him to watch what he said. She was in a sour mood now and didn't want to talk. All Lanie wanted to do was sulk. Claws retracting once her point was made, she gave his hand a small squeeze. She could never pick anyone over him, because the butler was just like everyone else. He was only interested because of titles and looks. It ground on her nerves.

When the woman looked around, Dug tilted his head in confusion as he also looked to see what she was looking at. However, he looked back to her when she looked back at him and being the trusting soul that he was, he took her words and smile at face value. With his tail thumping against the ground, he started panting as he said, “I am glad to hear that,” he cocked his head in curiosity, “but why are you sitting here all by yourself?” Deciding that she was a nice lady, he stood up and with his tail wagging happily, he said, “My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.”

~~~~~~~

Aayla was relieved when Elsa agreed to at least let her guide her, and hoped that she’d be able to convince her to accept her help by the time they got to wherever they were going. “Thank you, your Majesty,” she said as she returned the bow. “Let’s see, so the library is not where we want to go,” she said as she stood straight and closed her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she reached out her senses to gauge the best route for them. “This is a very densely populated area…getting out of the city on foot would be quite a trek. However, there is a large body of water perhaps an hour to the east, and there are areas along the water’s edge where there are few, if any, people. About halfway between here and the water, there is a decent sized park which feels empty; the cold may have something to do with that… Also, there are some warehouses, I’d guess, an hour to an hour and a half north – some are abandoned while others aren’t.” She opened her eyes and looked back to Elsa. Each option had its pros and cons and though Aayla knew which she preferred, she wasn’t the one they needed to worry about so she kept her opinion to herself as she asked, “Where do you want to go?”

~~~~~~~

As Megaguirus charged at him again, Azog held his mace ready to attack but it was only a display to the beast, for Chell was precisely on time with her holes again. Finding himself even further from where he’d just been, he watched the beast’s confusion for a moment before he gave a taunting laugh as he yelled, “OVER HERE!” He realized that the creature didn’t understand his words – nor did it likely know the difference between yelling and laughing – but they gave him amusement and he knew it’d still get the beast’s attention.

Well, Lessa wasn't sure of quite a few things that he had said. Assassin? Spy? Russian? Well, the tone was readable, at least. He sighed faintly and looked away, staring at the ground nearby. Getting caught up in things was very unlike him but he was shaken, honestly. He had thought wrong and his trust betrayed. The one person he cared about enough to break every law he had ever forged and set the destruction of the world in place had tossed him aside. Or, more literally, tossed him into an ocean. He looked up again at the human who was still standing nearby. "I am," He started then trailed off. What was he? What was a proper follow up? He wasn't quite sure what being robbed of his power made him. "I am God," He finally replied, a completely serious look on his face. Technically, he had been a god and that didn't change any now that he was feeble and useless. "Does that match the qualifications?" He asked, gesturing to the current state he was in. He could hardly have stood up even if he wanted to and he was pretty sure his leg was sprained or broken, along with at least one arm. His face was covered in blood, bruises and scratches and his whole body ached with pain he was unused to.

((Add Elsa in in a bit.))