shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Loki peered curiously at the creature Lanie had cupped in her hands, a frown on face. "Here," He replied quickly, noticing her fallen expression. He didn't want to see her upset. "Let me see it." Perhaps he could do something to fix the small creature's wings. "Can you speak?" He added after a moment. It might be better if they could communicate.

Legolas looked over at the doors briefly then back at the man. "I see no problem with it," He replied then quickly moved past them towards the door. Feeding the dogs before they ate something that was dangerous was his priority right now. More over, the man seemed somewhat bandaged already. He didn't really need to help him, did he? The magical doors opened as he drew close to them and the elf quickly stepped out onto the street. Ah, there they were. With a stranger, apparently. "Luiz," He called out, striding closer. "Dug. You are still hungry, correct? I've finished preparing proper food for you."

Lessa looked up at the stranger silently as he passed by then turned his gaze back to Clint. Although the man's ears had been quite strange, it would be rude to point that out. He slowly set his good hand down on the counter then pushed himself off the counter, leaning more heavily on his uninjured leg. He glanced at Clint then slowly began to move towards the doors, limping as he did so. Help or not, he thought it best to just everything. If he couldn't do that, maybe he could find a way to fall back asleep.

The Fairy shrank back as another face was seen. As its captor lifted one hand, the fairy could be seen better. It definitely wasn't the normal depiction of a fairy. It was all grey, with sharp teeth and pointed ears. Its face was sharply angled and its head lacked any form of hair. Tiny claws rested at the end of its skinny fingers and toes. It looked much like a human, except it had no organs to prove its gender. The most stunning part of the creature was its wings, which looked something like that of a butterfly's in structure. The wings themselves seemed to be made of leaves, like they were from some sort of mimic insect. At Loki's question, the small fairy shook its head. It could understand speech, but couldn't speak itself. That what Faun was for. He could understand their chatter and translate it for others.

Ya sure yer headin' out? I suggest at least a day o' rest with that broken Lego ' yers Clint didn't need to look up to see Lessa attempting to leave. His girlfriend was a spy-of course he payed attention to his surroundings. After a while of growing up with criminals, one starts to check everything around oneself. He glanced up from his work, his blue eyes flickering with worry. Even if this guy was 'God', he still looked terrible.

Lessa tensed slightly when the archer called out to him then turned back to look at him. He was resting more heavily on his uninjured leg but that didn't make it any less difficult to walk. "That is not required," He replied with a small shake of his head. He paused and, after some consideration, reached down to undo the bandages on his legs. He should return the arrow-part to it's proper owner, correct? After all, his intentions involved not seeing the man anymore. Or anyone else for that matter. After a bit of difficultly, he managed to stand once more on a slightly trembling leg and hold the arrow shaft out to the archer. The bandages hung rather loosely around his foot now. "Here. I should have told you my intentions earlier so you did not waste time caring for me. But you should take this back."

Well, it was certainly unlike any creature Loki had seen before. And even if it could not speak, at least it could gesture. "Well, understanding will be enough," he replied. The wings seemed too fragile to properly heal. "Which way did you come from?" Loki asked, looking about. "Just point or gesture, if you will. That should do for us understanding you."

Though Dug briefly tried to figure out what the lady was talking about when she mentioned Legolas and pigeons, he pretty much forgot all about it when she started to pet his head. He leaned into her hand as his eyelids drooped a little, but then he realized that she’d said she was looking for certain people. “Ooohh, I can help you find your people,” he said and then he started to walk around the lady as he sniffed the ground. “I am a great tracker, and my master can help too. He-“

He was about to tell her about how Clint had found the store, but he was distracted when Luiz called his name. “Oh boy,” he said as he turned to his approaching friend, “now you can meet Luiz!” When Luiz greeted the lady, Dug sat down again panting as he said, “Luiz, this is …uh… a nice lady. Nice Lady, this is Luiz.” With the introductions given, Dug was content with listening to Luiz and the lady. However, Legolas then came out and at the mention of being hungry, Dug straightened for a moment before he rushed over saying, “Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!” Stopping in front of Legolas, Dug’s tail was wagging and his front paws were fidgeting as he said, “Oh yes please, I do so ever want the food!”

~~~~~~~

Listening to Elsa, Aayla wanted very much to bring a hand to her forehead in exasperation but she figured that doing so would be counterproductive, so she refrained. It was clear to her that Elsa’s parents, though well meaning, had done more harm than good with their ‘training’. Trying to figure out how best to help Elsa come to terms with her abilities, she found herself thinking that avoiding such situations was one of the main reasons that young Force-sensitive children were brought to the Temple to be trained.

Since she hadn’t yet trained a Padawan, she wasn’t sure that she was the best person to be helping Elsa but she was also aware of the fact that there didn’t seem to be anyone else who could. Wishing she could bring Elsa to the Temple, she decided that the first step was to make Elsa understand that simply hiding and ignoring her abilities was neither effective nor healthy – preferably without angering the young queen. Thus, she took off her gloves and held them out to Elsa as she said, “Here you go, you can use these for now. With no disrespect to your parents, would it be correct to guess that they haven’t had much experience with abilities such as yours?”

Luiz wagged his tail and sat back on his haunches, waving a stubby paw at the lady before using it to swipe drool from his face. "I'm Luiz, like Dug said. I like to chase birds," he informed her, because he felt this was information she needed. He would've gone on talking if his name wasn't called. "Oh man, I'm starving!" He said gleefully, jumping to his paws and waddling over to Legolas. " 'ey man, I'm sorry for bitin' ya earlier, okay? We cool?" He asked, putting his paw on the archer's foot. He didn't like to be on bad terms with people, especially people who promised to feed him.

Aslan was prowling the forests of Narnia when he suddenly found himself in a whole different world. He sat, watching the clouds go by, flicking his ear every so often. Why did he end up in the human world? Something mysterious was going on and he would get to the bottom of this. The great lion got up before padding his way through the city.

((I posted as Prussia and Germany on the last page.))

Glancing from the cat-woman to the pale man, the fairy frowned. It slowly stood up and looked about before slowly streching a slender arm in the direction it had came from. In the distance, a tall figure walked towards the two. It walked slowly and awkwardly, as if it was crippled. As it neared, its strangely-formed legs came into view. It's as if....

Is...Is that a Ram? Lanie's eyes narrowed as the figure was in clear sight. A...a satyr? Yes, that's what it was called. The man stopped a few feet from the group, his eyes trained on the small fairy in the woman's palm. The fairy began to chatter excitedly, pointing to the Faun and running to the edge of Lanie's fingers.

Oh my...What have we here... The Faun took another step forward and took the fairy in both hands. He carefully straightened the folded wing, his gaze placid even though his fairy had been hurt. Glancing up at the two strangers, he frowned. Neither of the two were mortal souls. How strange...The man's was that of an immortal's, but the woman's was naught but raw power. Far too strong to be mortal. Immortals? Why do I not know of you?

Legolas carefully knelt down on the ground and eased the three bowls onto the ground. Now that it's food was no longer moving, the cat jumped down from his shoulder and quickly claimed one of the bowls of food while Legolas eased one across the ground towards Dug and the other towards Luiz. From his experience, animals tended to break out in less fights when they were not forced to eat nose to nose with one another. Especially with the cat he had adopted, this was vital. But Luiz had his attention now as the dog was apparently apologizing. "Do not worry," He replied as he moved one of the bowls closer to him. "We are still friends, if that is what you are asking."

Elsa was quite relieved and quickly took the gloves with several thanks strung together in one incoherent blurb. The gloves slipped easily over her small hands and hung rather loosely off of them but she felt better already having them on. The world was looking the tiniest big brighter now that her hands were covered once more. "I was born like this," Elsa replied with a small frown. "It was fine and under control and then I hurt someone very dear to me. Not on purpose, of course, but we did what we had to. More people would have gotten hurt, otherwise."

Loki twitched ever so slightly but found more kinship with this stranger than he had the butler and the child together. He took a small step forward towards the strange creature holding the fairy-it seemed that the two were at least somewhat acquainted-and tilted his head slightly downwards. It was the closest thing to a bow he would ever accomplish unless it was sarcastic or forced. "Because we are not from here," He replied. "I am Loki of… Jotunhiem. Would you care to introduce yourself since we know of you as much as you know of us?"

Azog didn’t like the beast’s slower approach for it was possible that it was trying to figure him out which could be bad. He was also concerned that if the beast was able to take full stock of the situation, it might make the connection between the silent female and the holes, and that was something he simply couldn’t allow. Quickly tucking his mace under his left arm, he picked up a large rock and gave a roar as he threw it at the beast with all his might. He was hoping that he’d be able to keep the beast enraged as that often led to irrational fits.

Luiz's tail wagged in a show of happiness as the archer reassured him. "Awesome! You're alright," he replied, waddling up to the food bowl to eat. It was food, as good as any other kind, and while he ate his short tail continued to wiggle furiously.

The Soldier was growing frustrated. It had been months and still his keepers hadn't sent him any word. He'd found no agents, no signs, not a single trace of HYDRA. No one to point him in the direction of his next mission- he didn't even have an objective for this one! He was going to murder Rumlow when he finally found the cowardly weasel; how dare he abandon the Winter Soldier here?

He was crouched in an alley, going over his munitions when the sound of voices reached him. Normally he wouldn't care, but the voices were speaking in German and both male. It was the closest thing to a lead he had had since he got here, so he quickly ducked behind cover and began to stalk the two men.

The Faun's gentle gaze softened as he looked the two over. The fairy he had taken from Lanie inspected its wings, and fluttered them again. It took to the air after a few seconds, and hovered around the group of three excitedly. Of course...You may call me...Faun. My other names are too old for me to recall properly. It is my pleasure to meet two immortals I haven't in the past. He replied warmly. Although it took some effort, the Faun managed to bow for the duo. It was an awkward bow, with the massive horns that spiraled at either side of his head, but he managed. Whatever harm they had happened to do to his fairy had been fixed easily, so he wouldn't hold a grudge.

Chell watched anxiously as the fight played out. She wasn't going to give away her tricks so soon, because the creature she had agreed to fight seemed much more intelligent than it let off. So, she would tread carefully. Like with GLAD0S, even the most intelligent things could be killed. One just had to be careful in doing so.

"Ratchet. I am detecting a cluster of strange heat sources coming from the wastes to the left. I do believe that it is hostile alien life" Aphelion said through his wrist communicator. Ratchet rolled his eyes, "I figured there would be big creepy aliens on this planet but is it really worth checking out?" he answered. Ratchet was heading down the sidewalk towards a grand shiny tower. From his past experience, high ranking people usually hung out in the biggest building in town. Yes, well...I'm picking up traces of quantum radiation. It appears someone is generating some kind of wormhole. Ratchet stopped walking. Quantum energy meant time travel. If someone with the technology for two point transfer was being attacked by a hostile alien, Ratchet could swoop in, save him/her, then use his victory as leverage to get them to help him find Clank. "come give me a lift. Lets go check this out.

It only took a few minutes for Aphelion to find Ratchet's location. Before long he was strapped in and on his way to save the day.

Ratchet looked out the side of his ship as he flew by the source of all the commotion. There was some kind of large, black insectoid monster. Nothing Ratchet hadn't killed before. The other beast seemed to be fighting another strange creature. It was humanoid but much bigger than the normal people that inhabited the planet. He was stark white and riddled with pink scars. Ratchet screamed by the group in his ship and circled around to make another pass. He watched as the bug raised a leg and attempted to stomp down on the white man. Ratchet was surprised to see the beast standing a few feet away unharmed. A swirling oval of light was expanded on the wall. Some kind of wormhole travel. This white being had the ability to teleport? Ratchet didn't expect that brute to harbor such an ability. It was clear that he was the one Ratchet needed to save. especially since he just threw a rock at the monster.

Ratchet opened fire with his ships plasma cannons, lighting up the ground between them with a line of green explosions. He hoped that would give him enough space to land. Like he did before, Ratchet ejected from Aphelion, telling her to stay close in case things got hairy. He descended to the ground at a safe speed with the help of his hoverboots and landed behind the white hulk, "Noticed you needed a hand", he quipped as he stepped in line with the albino, "Lucky I was in the area." Ratchet raised his wrench, ready for what was going to come next. He needed to gauge this monster's move set. That way he can pick which gun to use to make it a burnt pile on the ground.

I'm telling you Gilbert, you're a complete and total idiot! Germany growled at his brother in his native tongue. The albino merely rolled his eyes and waved a hand dismissively. Ludwig could be rude and demanding all he wanted, but he wasn't going to give in. Sunburn was much cooler than a stupid sunhat or white, pasty sunscreen.

Yeah, and so what? Keep in mind I was the one who raised you after Vati dissolved... The slightest movement in the corner of his eye made him trail off. Although Prussia seemed like a goofy and reckless person, he had years of warring under his belt. Several thousand years. He was actually the better soldier of the two brothers, surprisingly. Germany may appear all though and uniform, but Prussia was really the stronger and more violent of the two. Red eyes narrowing to slits, he continued to walk calmly. Maybe the military uniforms he and his brother both wore set off this stranger tailing them. Germany too had noticed their sudden shadow. Prussia suddenly spun on his heel and turned to pursue the stranger, while Germany pulled out his revolver. Don't zink ve don't see you! he shouted, now in accented English. Come here and confront us like a man!

Lessa held the arrow shaft out stubbornly. Why wasn't he taking the arrow? Was he being rude? Did he have to walk over and hand it to him? Lessa took one step forward and immediately crashed to the ground, his unwrapped leg giving out instantly. His arms spayed out and his chin bashed against the floor as the arrow he had been trying to give back clattered away. Aside from coughing loudly, he didn't move or make an effort to stand. His arm-the one he had stubbornly refused to bandage-throbbed angrily. That had been a bad idea. Now he only hurt more. Slowly, he turned on his side and curled up slightly, cradling his injured arm.

((Will edit Loki in when I get more phone charge.))

Clint automatically sprang to his feet, arrows clattering to the floor around him as he rushed to the aid of the stranger. Damn it! He knew letting the stranger get up was a bad idea! He scooped Lessa up again, muttering curses under his breath as he walked back to the counter and set the man down. That break's clean; it's a miracle you could even stand. Please, jus' take a little time t' rest. Yer only gonna hurt yerself more by tryin' to move around. he sighed. Some people...man, they were just too stubbor-Wait. That was him. He was the guy who went blind and still fought as a marksman. The guy who had died a few times because the afterlife sucked. Maybe Clint and this Lessa guy could get along after all...

Lessa was not so keen on listening to Clint's words, even if they were very good advice for his current circumstances. He didn't really care that he was injured. He just wanted to find the nearest cliff and throw himself off of it. Injuries hardly mattered when his end goal was death. As soon as he was set down on the counter again, he tried to push himself up into a sitting position so he could stand once more and leave. But while he had managed to muster the strength to stand before, he simply flopped back down onto the counter, his teeth clenched together in pain. The arm he had refused to set was hurting very badly now and the pain seemed to be spreading. "I'm fine," He insisted, even as the look of pain refused to fade from his face. "Just let me leave or kill me. I do not want to stay here any longer."

"When you say immortals," Loki replied slowly, trying to get a feel for this stranger. Of course, he still viewed himself as a god. That was what he was, even if immortal technically was not the right word for it. "Where do you come from? Is there a name for that place? I come from a very distant realm called Jotunhiem. I was wondering where you came from. It is my first time meeting a new god and I must say, I am very curious." Of course, he had already figured this god was from an entirely separate realm, like Lanie and him. But there was a small chance he resided in the same universe as he did, just on one of those distant planets Asgard did not know of and he only saw a few of.

Mr. Clever was going over the control panel, making the Tardis land nice and smooth as he hit buttons. Two cybermen were standing out of the way as he did so. "Now, let's go see where we landed," he said to the two robotic creatures before he turned on his heel before walking outside. "Ah! We're on Earth, the glitch's favorite place to meddle in. You with me, you stay and guard my Tardis." "I obey," one cyberman said, saluting Mr. Clever. The Cyberiad Timelord then started walking down the street with a cyberman in tow. He recognized the place he was in, but not so much as the atmosphere. It felt different somehow, like it was off. "We must be in a parallel universe, but I have no idea how we got pulled in here." A cybermite raced up his hand, before Mr. Clever started stroking it. "Well, I'm always in for an adventure."

Felix sighed as he woke up. He most have falling asleep waiting for someone to come back before making the decision to head back out. He was getting bored waiting for everyone to come back when he noticed something out of the ordinary. A big blue box was sitting on the sidewalk with a big tin man standing at the doorway. Either this was a new exhibit people decided to build or it could mean something very deadly. He decided to casually east so he could have time to think.

The word of my home is not one I can so easily recall. It is seldom spoken of, you see. The Faun replied. He smiled slightly and turned his head to look about. Yes, this was definitely the world of humans. Of mortals. My apologies, but I am unable to recall its name. Merely its appearance. There were downsides to being so old. Some things just slipped his memory due to age. Faun looked from Lanie to Loki calmly and shifted his weight. I do not believe we exchanged names, madam. I am Faun.

Elaani Sand-Strider, if we are going by full names. Lanie answered with a small bow. She kept close to Loki simply out of distrust, though she could tell just by the way the stranger stood that he carried no weapons. That was reassuring.

Although he was supposed to be backing his brother up, a nearby sound made Germany turn his head. Prussia would be alright. After all, he couldn't die. With a frown, the country jogged off and towards the wheezing noise, halting abruptly as a blue box materialized. Mein gott... What was that? Taking a few cautious steps away as a metal man emerged from the box, he pulled the hammer back on his revolver.

Edited by shadow_claw

So not Earth, then. People always seemed to be talking about this planet so he couldn't mean that. "That is fine," He replied with a slight wave of his hand. There, this would be fine. They could take on this god as a third member of their group and maybe then Lanie would not feel so lonely. It would be perfect. Just a word of advice but the people here do not take kindly to those who do not look like them. Is there a way in which you could attempt to look like a mortal? If not, I could certainly help." He gestured to Lanie, deciding to invite this god to stay with them. "We were just going to find something to eat. Would you like to join us? Another companion would be nice."

Damn it. He seemed to have fallen out of practice, if he had been had that easily. At least Pierce wasn't here to put him back in the chair again. He hated the chair. Calmly the Winter Soldier strode forward, looking casual though his expression was serious. He might not have been holding a weapon, but he could be in mere seconds. Even unarmed he was deadly. For a moment he just stood there, watching the brothers who were watching him. He could kill them immediately, but he needed information. "I guess you two aren't as stupid as I thought," is what he did say when he finally spoke. Narrowing his eyes, he asked calmly, "Who sent you?"

Red eyes narrowing to slits at the stranger, Prussia slowed his walking to a stop. He crossed his arms and frowned as the Soldier spoke. I sent myself, zank you. Political business isn't and hasn't been my job zince Vorld Var Two. I need no mercenaries zuch as yourself vasting my time. If zhat low-life Russia sent you, tell him to go to Hell. He replied quickly. Although he helped Germany with his country, Prussia needed to follow no orders but his own. And he made it very clear to anyone who thought he did. With a sigh, the nation shook his head slowly and turned around. Over his shoulder did he turn to speak again. If you vant to speak to a real nation, speak vith Mein bruder. I'm just a washed-up empire.

((By the way, you can feel free to attack either of the brothers. They can get hurt, just not killed.))

The Faun paused to consider the offer, his gaze becoming thoughtful. He didn't often travel with others, as it was easier to stay alone. But, these two seemed friendly and he wouldn't mind the company of something other than his fairies. I will accept. I am afraid my magic cannot disguise myself, for I do not often stay in the realm of humans. Your assistance would be gladly accepted. he declared with a slow nod of his heavy head.

Yer kiddin', right? Ya can barely keep a straight face let alone stand up n' leave! Clint scoffed. He looked Lessa over yet again and shook his head. His leg...Jesus. Clint had gone through all that bone-setting for nothing! This guy would be a handful for sure, but Clint was determined to take care of Lessa now. This stranger was going to get himself killed otherwise!

"I do not care!" Lessa replied, growing rather irritable by the refusal to listen to his request. What could he say? The only reason he wanted to leave was because he wanted to end his life. But he couldn't actually move. He was just a useless thing. "I'm… I'm corrupted. It would be much better for everyone if I was not alive. I have caused far too much strife by being awake and here." He curled one hand into a fist and stared up at Clint stubbornly. "Do not spend so much time trying to save me when I do not want to be saved in the first place."

Loki smiled rather warmly and approached the Faun, bringing up one hand in front of him. "Very well, I will make it a simple illusion since full transformation can be rather uncomfortable and tricky to preform on another." He gestured with a hand, causing green magic to twist and warp the air around the Faun until an illusion formed over top of him. It was based upon what the Faun actually looked like but took many of his features and simply converted them into human things, along with adding the addition of human clothing. A simple shirt and pants would do for this purpose. "Now, you must not stray too far from me or else the spell will fade. I can only use illusions on you when you are close by."

The Soldier did not betray how confused he now felt. The man was talking about himself as if he was a country.. Even though that wasn't really possible, and that Prussia didn't exist as a lone country anymore. He bared his teeth slightly at the man, losing patience quickly. "My allegiance is to HYDRA before Russia. We aren't solely based out of that country anymore," he answered slowly, forcing himself not to rip this man's pathetic head off. Obviously he wasn't in charge. "I'll speak to your brother then," he decided, clenching and unclenching his metal fingers.

Prussia didn't care enough to say he didn't know what HYDRA was. It must have been some kind of shady alliance of some sort. As he walked, he glanced about for his brother. Where had Germany run off to? Ludvig! Zere's a mercenary here vasting to speak vith you! He called. The tall blonde turned a corner at the sound of his brother's voice. Mercenary? What sort of nonsense was that? Nobody used mercenaries anymore! Warily did he slow to stand beside his older brother. His blue eyes raked silently over the Soldier as he thought.

Who are you, stranger? I have no quarrels vith any other nations at the moment, so zere should be no reason for us to be tailed by a mercenary of all people.

He says he's from HYDRA. I zink he's talking about Greece. Zat lunatic with his stories from his mother...Perhaps Greece is getting paranoid about Turkey again and sent out spies? I don't know vy he zinks ze Ottomans are ever coming back, zough. Zat vas merely a phase and be all know it. Instantly did Prussia change demeanors once Germany took charge. He shifted from a hostile, war-torn empire to a carefree, snarky adult in the blink of an eye. Even the glint in the country's gaze had changed to a more mischievous look. In an instant, it was as if he was a different person.

Clint rather dramatically placed his hands on his hips and arched an eyebrow. Eh? N' how're ya doin' that? He studied Lessa's face for a few silent moments. Oh. Oh. That wasn't good. Look, I dunno why you're so upset, but I know that look. I ain't lea in' ya be. Of course he knew that look. There were days he saw in in his teammates, and others when he saw it in his reflection. It was an emptiness, an almost feral glint in one's eyes that came with the thought of suicide. He knew it all-too-well.

The Faun smiled at Loki and inspected his illusion with interest. Every once in a while did a green wave make his true form visible, but it was only to the sharpest of eyes. Amazing. I have seen many a skill, but never one such as this... He breathed. Now then, where shall we go? You mentioned something of eating? Although he rarely ate himself, it was sometimes nice to indulge in materialistic, flesh-borne dependencies.

Lessa's frown only deepened when the archer finally seemed to understand his wishes and promptly denied them. He really did not have a good argument for wishing himself dead since the entire feeling was brought on by a simple day's events. How was he supposed to sum up the feeling of betrayal and the fact all of the deaths that had happened at the hands of Demans were effectively his doing? He was their father, after all. The guilt of it all and the horrible feeling of betrayal was far too much for him. In the end, it seemed like that would always happen to him.

He avoided looking at the archer entirely and turned his head away. He'd have to find some way to get away but how? He couldn't walk at all and even with his healing, it would take some time. Unless he managed to find something sharp to do the task here and now, he was stuck. "You wouldn't understand," He replied. "It would be better if you just killed me."

Loki smiled at the compliment and bowed his head slightly in response. "Thank you," He replied, gesturing to himself. "I pride myself on my magical abilities. I have been working on refining my powers for some time now." He looked back to Lanie, the smile still preserved on his face. He liked this fellow. "Yes, we were going to. The human world has many shops in which food can be purchased. I thought Lanie would want to pick someplace she thought interesting. Any ideas or should I pick?"