shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Inhaling and exhaling slowly, the Dragonborn closed her eyes in an effort to calm herself. She was just about fed up with everything and just wanted to go to bed. Her injuries were still healing, which made the cold most undesirable. When she opened her eyes, she sighed heavily. No debt needs repaid. It was merely an act of kindness. she decided. With a twitch of her nubby tail, Lanie walked around Puck so she was out of the alley and down the sidewalk. I find it wise that we do not approach an inn again. Perhaps we try that abandoned temple again?

"Yes," Jaina said as Sebastian spoke. "We should be heading to your master's home. Please, do take us onward." Jaina pressed her hands together and conjured another slab of meat. She gently threw the slab on Arthas's direction and turned her attention back to the butler. Arthas deserved a treat after that battle. At least, Jaina thought so. She wasn't exactly a hunter so she didn't know how to treat an animal companion. Feeding after a battle seemed like something a hunter would do, right?

With a sigh, Samus stood up from her booth, her hands pressed against the table.

"While it was nice seeing you all," she began as she glanced at all the new faces (and one old one). "I must be getting back to my hotel room now. Today has left me exhausted, and it's getting late. I really should be heading back now." Sliding out of the booth, Samus made her way out of the crowded area and towards the door. She gave a knowing look to Scout. He and her shared the same hotel room. Surely he was going to come with her.

"I do hope we all get to meet again," Samus said as she reached the door. She gave a dip of her head to the lady at the counter. She must of had a rough day.

(I'll start to get this group to finding a place to stop.)

Edited by Doctortear

"Nonsense!" Puck replied with a smile, floating after them onto the street. Without his chains, it didn't take much effort to render himself invisible to the public eye. Only the mysterious cat lady and her companion could see him. "Puck repays all his debts. You saved him and he must give some favor in return. Go on, then. Tell him what you want."

Loki, annoyed with the prankster by this point, decided to ignore him. "The temple is a bad idea. We already hid there once and it did not prove well. But we can find another hotel or another abandoned temple to hide. It is your choice."

Cole crossed his arms. He felt like he was being ignored. Fine then, next time someone talked to him, he'd give them the silent treatment.

"Wait!" Felix called out before he could stop himself. Hook looked at the Lost One, noticing how he immidiately ducked his head. "I was wondering if I could come with you," he finished by muttering. Hook raised his eyebrows in thought before looking at Samus and then looking at Felix again.

With a leap and a snap of his jaws, Arthas had swallowed his treat whole. He trotted after Jaina and company, a soft purr rumbling in his chest as he did. After a short while of walking, the group had arrived at a hotel. Sebastian motioned for the others to wait, and then nimbly climbed back into his master's room. Once inside, the demon bowed in front of Ciel.

Master, the woman you requested has arrived with a few...companions.he declared with a gesture to the window.

Prussia grinned at Samus and nodded. It vas a pleasure to meet you as vell, Samus. He agreed with a chuckle. He led the way outside, soon followed by his younger brother as he exited. They needed to find a place too, he realized. Maybe they'd stay at the same hotel Samus was! That'd be funny. The thought made Prussia's grin grow into a smile. Staying the night was really their only option. It took too long to fly back to Berlin and both nations were tired.

Lanie truthfully considered answering Puck. There were a few things she wanted. Two, actually. She wanted her tail back, and she wanted to go home. But going home would leave Loki behind, and she didn't want to do that. With a polite smile, she shook her head. No, thank you. Anything I could possibly want has an equally negative effect. she decided. As Loki spoke again, she turned to face him as they walked. Hm...yes, that is true. Another vacant building will prove just as sufficient.

Sipping from the teacup in his hand, Ciel opened his eyes and flickered his gaze at his guests. It was surely a sight to behold. There was a woman in regal clothing with a strange sort of staff in her hand, there was a feline-like beast that seemed like something that would be in a folk tale, there was a gruff man who looked mildly irritated, and then there was a tall purple woman with six arms and what seemed to be flaming hair coming out of some sort of golden crown. Being polite, Ciel lowered his teacup so he could formerly address his guests.

"Do get our guests some tea and cakes," Ciel ordered his butler. "They must be just as winded as we are." Now looking at the guests, Ciel continued.

"You all seemed as distressed as I was when I first found myself here. Come, take yourselves some seats. We have some things to discuss."

(I'm going to wait for both Raptor and Shadow to respond before posting again with either Jaina, Ciel, and Demrylin.)

Samus gave Prussia a courtesy farewell before blinking at Felix in bewilderment. His outburst was... surprising. She hadn't expected Felix to call for her so quickly. A matter of fact, she didn't expect him to stop her at all! Because of this, she hesitated for a moment before responding.

"Well... sure, you can come with me if that's what you desire," she replied with a slightly less confused blink. "It's a little ways from here though, are you sure you can handle the cold?"

"Don't insult Puck," The fae replied in annoyance as he circled the two. They were making him having fun so very difficult. Did he have to run off and find someone else just when he had found these two very interesting people? No sir, he wouldn't. "Everyone has some kind of wish. Money? Love? Power? I suppose I'll have to stick around until you tell me what you wish."

"There is an abandoned warehouse right there," Loki said, gesturing to the large building with boarded up windows. "That seems just as good as any. Let's go there and hope out little friend decides to leave."

Money? Yeah right. One found a lot of valuables when exploring dungeons, and dragon bones fetched a high price. Power was even more laughable. She was the Dragonborn! She killed dragons with her voice for goodness sake! As for love...whatever was going on with she and Loki...that was good enough. And do not insult me, Puck. I am Dragonborn. I can acquire any three of those notions easily. Lanie replied cooly. For emphasis, she pulled the coin purse from her belt and shook it a few times. The golden Septims inside the leather pouch jingled as they collided against each other. She returned the purse to her belt, and then sprinted towards the building Loki had pointed out. With the agility of a cat, she effortlessly climbed to the lowest windowsill, tore one of the boards off the window, and slipped inside. Seconds later had she unlocked the door from the inside and opened it. There we are. Once we are settled, I plan on wrapping up that hand of yours. Lanie didn't forget about Loki's self-inflicted wound from earlier. She just chose not to address it.

Puck's lips curled up in a smile as he pressed the fingers of his hands together. Of course, money had no value to him. But that just meant her wish would be even better and more interesting. He wasn't about to leave her behind now. "What about you?" Puck asked, turning his gaze to Loki as the cat-woman jumped away. Loki ignored him in favor of walking over to the now-open door. When his hand was mentioned, he tucked it under his jacket with a sigh.

"I can assure you that it was both needed and not important now. Save the supplies; it is nearly healed." He looked around the inside of the building as Puck choose to fly in through the window Lanie had broken into and floated idly around the rafters of the warhouse.

"Wow, this is a very strange place to be staying the night in. I suppose I could do with a rest as well, though."

Nonsense. I have a literally bottomless bag, no supplies are wasted.[/b] Lanie insisted. She sat down on the floor and began the tedious process of pulling her armor off. It fit so well that it usually took a while to get off. But, she would manage. One boot at a time, then her leggings, and finally the chest-piece. Underneath was a softer pair of clothing that protected her from blisters. That would be what she slept in. With her stub of a tail now visible, Lanie spun in slow circles in an effort to get a look at it. Does my tail look alright? I can barely see it anymore so I can't assess this for myself.

Puck watched in great interest as both warriors removed their armor. Loki, able to tear his off with great ease, turned instead to rummaging through his armor and pulling out various magical supplies and weapons, keeping his injured hand close to his chest. When Lanie mentioned her tail, Loki quickly looked up and frowned. How was he supposed to tell her that? He paused for a moment before standing up slowly with a sigh. "Lanie," He said softly, unsure of how to break this news to her. "Your tail is...gone. It got cut off. I couldn't reach you in time to save it."

Ears flattening and fur puffing up, Lanie scowled. Yes, Loki, I'm painfully aware of that. Because it's naught more than a stub on my backside, I can't see it very well. That's why I was asking you how it looks. she spat in response. Her lip curled back as she spoke to reveal sharp white teeth. For one so knowledgable in the Arcane arts, Loki, you're awfully ignorant. Although Lanie wasn't usually rude, Loki had struck a chord.

Loki looked away in embarrassment, ashamed with what he had said. "Sorry," The god apologized, looking downcast and away from the angry female. Above them, Puck began to laugh loudly with glee.

"It looks like the stubby end of a rabbit!" the prankster laughed as he sat down on a rafter above. "Only... more bloody and red. You look as silly as a giraffe without a long neck!" He wiped an imaginary tear from his eyes as he leaned over to get a better look at her. "Would you like a replacement? That's one wish you could make."

Spinning abruptly on her heel, Lanie snarled at Puck. This was an actual, feral snarl that could've easily been produced by a dragon or other large beast rather than a scrawny woman. Insult me again, elf, and you will face the wrath of the dragonborn. she spat. Instinctively did she reach for and then unsheathe the blade at her hip. That was, of course, not what she was planning to attack Puck with. Her voice was much stronger than any sword.

The fae rolled his eyes as he drifted down low to where Lanie was. He still remained safely a few feet above her but that didn't stop him from laughing. "Oh, I'm trembling in my boots," he replied back, kicking his heels together for emphasis. "All Puck did was answer your question and offer you a deal. Is that so wrong of him? Ungrateful, you are! Puck is merely offering his services to you. Do not hate him for his kind gestures."

Lanie had enough of Puck. Inhaling as if she was ready to snap back, she instead spat a dragon shout at him. Fus Ro Dah! The air trembled as the ancient words' magic tore through it. It was a warning, really. The shout she had used was only intended to knock Puck further away than actually harming him. I clearly understood your deal. If you wish to fix my tail, so be it! Maybe then I will have the quiet to rest! she jabbed moments after shouting. Needless to say, she was in a bad mood.

Aayla glanced at Elsa as she considered how to answer. She knew that some mistook the Force for magic, and since Elsa had asked if she’d been cursed, it was clear that the young queen believed in magic. While Aayla didn’t want to offend her, she did want to try to dissuade her from her mistaken beliefs. Thus she made sure to keep her tone respectful as she said, “What some people refer to as magic is simply the Force, and the Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together. This way,” she pointed to the left, and stopped to let one of those wheeled landspeeders go by as she continued to explain, “I, like many others, was born with what is called Force-sensitivity, and my training in the Jedi Order has taught me how to listen to the will of the Force and how to use, and control, my abilities.”

Megaguirus wasn't sure what startled the birds. In fact, she wasn't even sure where the birds came from. All she knew was that the birds where there and she was hungry. As soon as the black dots fluttered into the air, the queen turned her head and locked her red eyes on the prey. Yet another shriek poured out of her mouth, it's high-pitch rattling the air. Megaguirus's wings beat furiously and in almost an instant she was stabbing her stinger through one of the birds. The other black beasts squawked in terror. A few of them managed to escape her grasp, but more than half of the birds ended up in the queen's claws. As the lucky ones flew away, Megaguirus began to savagely indulge herself in her prey. She ate absolutely everything. The feathers, flesh, organs, and bones went down her into her stomach. Satisfied with her meal, she began to lick the blood off of her claws. She was a rather messy eater and there was no reason to waste such valuable blood. If she ate enough, maybe she'd be able to lay another batch of eggs!

Puck was surprised, at least, to find the air around him suddenly surging with magic. Being composed of magic himself, he was susceptible to it and, despite his best efforts, found himself hurtling backwards, up into the rafters. He travelled for a short distance before his back slammed into one of the rafters above before he dropped to the floor. Almost immediately, however, he picked himself back up again. "A funny way you have of expressing your gratitude," Puck muttered to himself as he rubbed his back where he had struck the rafter.

"Here's a cat without a tail

Really, it's nothing short of a fail.

So be you now whole once more

Come on, cat, let's hear you roar!"

His eyes glowed with green magic as lightning-like magic flew from his eyes and mouth towards Lanie. If it struck, she would find that her tail would, in fact, regrow her tail. However, she would always find that she would be transformed into a lion to accompany her new tail and short temperament she seemed to possess at the moment.

As soon as she was hit with the said beam, there was a shriek as she suddenly changed forms. It wasn't a shriek from a frightened woman, but more like a wail of an animal. Shortly after the shriek came a clatter as Lanie's hidden weapons fell from her body. After a few moments of wrestling with her clothing did the lioness wriggle free. The amber creature looked up at Puck and snarled, its claws flexing and digging into the flooring beneath her. Lashing her tail back and forth angrily, the beast paced the room. He would pay for that!

When Azog heard an eerie shrieking, the strange weapon was forgotten as he dropped into a defensive stance just in time to see the large flying beast attack the birds overhead. Giving the beast a measuring look, he wondered whether or not it was intelligent, and whether it could be an ally or would be a threat. Keeping his movements slow in an attempt to not to draw the beast’s attention too soon, he picked up the carcass and held it ready to throw. “Here!” he called, and then he quickly took a bite from the carcass and threw the remainder to the beast. He was hoping that by taking the bite first the beast would understand that he was offering it food, but just in case it didn’t understand he immediately picked up the silent female and told her where he wanted her to make the holes if they needed them.

"There you go!" Puck declared as he gestured to the lioness. Or, more specifically, her tail. "Whole once again, tail and all. Although, I must say, something looks different about you." He tapped his chin in thought, as if unable to decide what it was. It was at this time that Loki snuck up behind the prankster and grabbed him by his collar. He quickly twisted Puck around to face him, his teeth bared in anger.

"You will change her back now," He ordered the smaller creature. Puck raised an eyebrow and snorted.

"I don't recall owing you any favors," he replied easily, shrugging his shoulders slightly. He wiggled free from the god's grip easily, speeding into the air before landing lightly on his feet several yards away. "And I don't see what's so bad about what I did .She's got her tail back, right? You didn't ask for any more specifics aside from that."

Megaguirus's eyes instantly darted downward as she heard a loud shot. Her nimble body instantly faced towards the strange white creature and eyed him warily. Before she could formulate a plan, the humanoid took a bite out of a deer and threw it up at her. As soon as the carcass came in range, the queen stabbed her tail through it and threw it aside. What was this creature getting it? The queen took the throwing as a sign of intimidation. Was it trying to challenge her? To the death of the beast if he dared! As if to accept the challenge, Megaguirus opened her maw and gave out the loudest and most fearsome scream she could manage. It was pathetic compared to what she could do if she was at her full size, but it was sufficient enough.

I didn't ask for it at all Lanie thought irritably. She stalked forward silently, body hunched low to the ground as if poised to strike. Although she didn't like her new form, it wasn't much different than what she had previously. With a low, displeased growl, she settled down beside Loki. Her now amber eyes remained locked on Puck, however. Just because she had changed forms didn't mean she necessarily lost her gift of the Thu'um, however. Lanie cast Loki a glance, before standing up and curling her lips back at Puck. Instead of roaring like she had before, however, a shout rippled through the air. Tiid Klo Ul! This shout, however, slowed the flow of time for everything around her. She remained at her usual speed. Lanie calmly stood and then charged at Puck, leaping with her claws extended. To everyone else, it seemed as if she was moving at an uncannily fast speed. This was not the case, however.

((Sorry if that was a bit god-moddy.))

((I'm good with anything as long as you don't kill them. We've been RPing together long enough that things like that are totally fine.))

Loki curled his fingers into fists as Puck acted as innocent as a dove. People like him sure did annoy the god. He looked down at Lanie, trying to figure out how much energy it would take to attempt to reverse the spell himself. Transformations on himself were one thing. On another? That was an entirely different ballpark, as the Midgardian expression went.

Puck's smile faltered when the lion screeched several words that carried the same magic as the earlier ones. Expecting a similar sensation, he tried to brace himself to be flung backwards. Instead, he found himself suddenly thrown to the floor with a tremendous force, large claws he had designed for the lion tearing at him. He barely had time to register how was it she was able to move so fast before the pain hit and he struggled to raise his arms to defend his face from being attacked by the razor sharp claws.

"Lanie!" Loki yelled as the lioness suddenly vanished and reappeared on top of the trickster. "Wait, we need him!" He couldn't transform her back within reason so they would need him to reverse the spell.