shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Silently, Samus watched as another dog came to her, gave his greeting, and then follow Dug as a man called to give them their meal. Perhaps the oddest thing about this man was how much he resembled someone Samus knew. He had the same hair style, some hair color, same skin tone and pointy ears, and, hell, he even had similar clothing! The big differences were his age and his ability to speak without a care in the world. His attention seemed to be locked onto the dogs and not the stranger in front of him. Samus had honestly pondered for a minute if she was invisible as a man carrying another man had just passed by her and this archer seemed to made her no heed. Deciding that there was nothing else for her to do, Samus stood up, brushed herself up, and glanced down the street.

"It was nice meeting you, Dug and Luiz," Samus called to the canines as they walked towards the pet store. "But it seems you are occupied. I'd hate to waste your time with such a trivial matter. Do forgive me if I wasted your time." Samus gave the two dogs a small wave, indicating she was debating on leaving the premise.

Fair was not a word Megaguirus had in her vocabulary. Nature didn't count things as fair or unfair. Actions and proceedings just were. Things happened, and you had to learn to adapt. You couldn't whine about it being right or wrong, you just went along with it. That was exactly how Megaguirus proceeded when lasers were suddenly fired nearby. The rock the white brute had thrown at her had brought a spark of anger into her, but that spark was soon forgotten with the sand being blasted into the air. She retreated backward, moving away from the explosions and the new figure standing next to the white brute. Megaguirus let out a loud hiss at the two, expressing her aggravation with the two. She had no idea what was going on, but whatever it was, she didn't like it. These two were unpredictable and she wasn't sure she fancied that. Unsure how to proceed, Megaguirus weighed her opponents, trying to comprehend the situation at hand.

Legolas waited until he was sure the dogs were fine with their food before finally turning his gaze up to the woman Luiz had been speaking with when he first came out. Of course, he had noticed her right away. But he did not see her as much of a threat so he had decided to feed the dogs first before addressing her. Now that that was done and they were eating, he stood and turned his head to stare at the woman. "Wait," He replied with a slight frown. Well, it was less of a frown and more of the natural face he made when talking to people. She appeared to be human so he probably would not have to worry about fighting if it resulted in that. Few humans could keep up with elves in the midsts of combat. "Are you not from these parts as well? If so, you should consider joining our group. I do not know what you were talking about or what matter is judged trivial but we are all strangers here. If you are one as well, you should not leave so quickly."

Though he didn’t mean to be rude, when food was brought out to them, Dug, like most dogs would have, momentarily forgot about everything but his stomach. After having quickly gulped down the food, he turned to thank Legolas but before he could say anything, he noticed that the lady looked to be leaving. Not wanting the lady to leave he gave a quiet whine, but then he listened to Legolas and though he didn’t understand everything that was said, he caught enough of it to matter. “Oh yes, you should definitely stay,” he agreed with Legolas. “Besides, we cannot help you find your friends if you leave.”

~~~~~~~

Azog was trying to figure out how the beast was going to react when everything suddenly erupted in lights and explosions. Jumping away, he quickly recovered and turned to see not only what had caused the chaos but also if the beast had survived it. Disappointed that the beast still lived, he transferred his mace back to his right hand as the beast hissed. However, at that point he became aware that yet another odd creature had managed to sneak up on him. With a low growl, he instinctively raised his mace to attack but before he could attack, he realized that this creature was offering its assistance. Giving this new creature a measuring look, he wasn’t overly impressed but he figured that if nothing else it would serve as a distraction, or sacrifice if needed, so he said nothing as he went back to watching the beast. Of course, he was also thinking that if this creature proved to be a useful in the fight, he could make it an ally – or kill it later if it proved troublesome.

The Winter Soldier just stared at the two as they began discussing him, eyes narrowing in irritation. They were being incredibly disrespectful, which he normally didn't care about, except he was trying to figure things out here and these idiots weren't helping. "Enough!" He finally growled, stalking towards them. "Nobody sent me. That's what I'm trying to figure out, I don't know why I'm here. If neither of you are HYDRA operatives, then I'm wasting my time." Now, should he kill them? It would be simple, but he might alert bigger parties in the area if they began losing people. No, it would be best to just leave while he could.

Luiz happily scarfed his food down as well, aware that they were talking around him. He was too busy eating however, and finished his meal before joining the conversation again. Swiping a paw over his mouth, he pointed out, "If ya leave us, where are you gonna go lady? More heads are better than none! Or.. Something like that." He trotted up alongside Dug, tilting his head back to be able to see her.

Upon being yelled at, both men turned their heads to stare at the Soldier. Now that sounded like something a bit too familiar. It was like what that girl Samus had said. People (including her and the brothers) were appearing in a world that, in one way or another, was unlike theirs. You too, zen? Prussia and I, as vell as a few others are in your same position. You haven't happened to run into some strange characters recently, have you? Germany asked. That would explain why he'd never heard of HYDRA and why this man acted lost (angry, but lost).

Yeah, no. It may not seem like up it, but I'm a good guy. Now...stay. I'm gonna come right back so don'cha try nothin'. Clint backed out of the store, and nearly bumped right into Legolas. He spun around, mildly started. Legolas, d'ya know how t' deal with a suicidal m-Hey! As he spotted Samus, his blue eyes lit up. He had met her before! I know you! Though, we hadn't talked for all that much before ya left...

Lessa tilted his head back and closed his eyes. He didn't have much of a choice except to listen. Walking had already proven to be too much for him to handle and he wouldn't be able to run off on his own until he healed a bit more. Of course, his regeneration abilities had already started to heal minor cuts and burns but his leg and arm were going to be an issue. He couldn't do anything if they didn't heal and it would be difficult for them to heal without being set. Unless he decided to hobble everywhere… He'd have to look locally if he wanted to end everything. But he couldn't see anything nearby that could possibly be useful so he turned his head away from the direction Clint had gone and closed his eyes. Maybe if he'd be more healed when he woke up.

Legolas was mildly surprised when Clint nearly bumped into him but was quick to jerk his entire body away to avoid being struck. Whatever Clint had started to ask him before being distract was enough for the elf to latch on to and he tilted his head to the side as he observed Clint. "Deal with what?" He asked, waiting for him to continue his thoughts. "What do you need help with?"

The numerous offers for Samus to stay with the group of strangers was both mildly comforting and alarming. They must of realized what sort of situation they were in and concluded they needed as many allies they could gather, but surely they did not think she was a suspicious character? Everyone was guilty until proven non-guilty out in the real world. Surely these people knew that? They couldn't possible be so trusting of her? After all, she wasn't a normal person. In fact, she was possible the farthest from normal that was humanely possible. Though their intentions were probably in good heart, Samus could not help but feel taken aback by their hospitality. It was unusual for people to be so open and inviting. It was... nice, but startling nevertheless. Before Samus could open her mouth to reply, an aggravated shout came out from the entrance to the pet store and a familiar man came bursting out of the door. He gave a few snappy words to the Link like man before turning his eyes to Samus and exclaiming cheerfully that he knew her.

"You can recognize me out of my suit?" Samus asked as she had only met the man when she was in her suit. "Impressive. Are you going to try and shoot me with your bow again?" The last phrase was sprinkled with a joking nature. Samus honestly wouldn't be surprised if the man did whip out his bow and try to shoot her, but she hoped to take advantage of his current calm condition.

Now he was getting somewhere. The Soldier turned back towards the two men, eyes narrowed slightly. "What do you mean, 'me too'? I've run into plenty of strange people.. Are you saying there are more people stuck here?" He demanded, and in a flash had a gun pressed against Prussia's chest. "Who's doing it? Tell me!" He snarled, ready to go tear that person a new one. He didn't care about these two, or anyone else even. Just the person behind it all.

Red eyes narrowing at the gun now against his chest, Prussia grinned. Germany had pulled out his revolver, but the elder nation raised a hand to stop his brother. He wanted to see how this would play out. Do you zink ve vould be here if ve knew who has put us here? Prussia asked calmly. His grin twisted into a somewhat malicious smile as he stared at the gun. Vat do you zink you vill accomplish both zat? Go zen, shoot me! See vat happens.

Prussia don't you dare! Unlike his brother, Germany wasn't into revealing that the two of them weren't exactly human. People usually assumed they were officials of some sort if they were ever discovered. Otherwise, the two blended in as normal residents of Berlin. Germany preferred to keep it that way.

Heh, I guess so. S' th' way ya act that sold it, really. I wouldn't o' recognized ya otherwise. Clint answered with a grin. His blue eyes sparkled with amusement at the woman. Don' press yer luck. Luckily, m' bow's inside. Wanna come in so I can threaten ya again? he teased. Joking was a good way to relieve tension. Inside, he hadn't deal with a suicidal "god", but out here, he could joke around. Glancing over at the other archer, his grin faded. Th' guy inside is suicidal. I dunno what t' do other than tie him down. I was hopin' you had better ideas.

The Soldier glared back at him for a long moment. As much as he wanted to shoot this pathetic excuse for a life form, it wouldn't be beneficial. It would attract attention, and possibly put other angry parties on his trail. Like the man's brother. "You aren't my mission," he muttered, holstering his gun again. These two were out of helpful information, so he pushed past them to walk away.

Legolas stood silently on the sidelines, watching the conversation between the two rather patiently. He was used to silence or periods where he simply listened to other people talk. It didn't make him uncomfortable but, apparently, he made rather strange faces during those silences. He did not notice himself when these happened but other elves were very keen on pointing it out after the fact. Thankfully, the silence was short enough that it did not happen this time before Clint turned back to him, his smile and wit quickly fading away. Ah, it was a serious matter, then.

"When elves feel upset, we do our best to make sure that our fellows remain active," Legolas replied. Suicide was uncommon among the long-lived race but it was not entirely vanished. There was the occasional one who could not handle the longevity and the borders enforced by the King. "We find that when they are doing other things, they have less time to think about what it is making them feel that way in the first place. Given time to themselves, they are more likely to end themselves." It was a rather blunt piece of wisdom but probably the best advice he could offer on the matter.

Samus would of gladly took the offer of being threatened again had the fact that someone who was suicidal in the pet shop not been brought up. Dealing with suicidal people was not Samus's greatest aspect. She began to worry that if she went into the shop she'd do or say something that would trigger said person. The archer's comment on tying the suicidal person down was also concerning. It appeared that he had no idea what he was dealing with.

"I'm going to have to agree with you companion over here," Samus said as she nodded over to the Link look alike. "I'd be best to get this person active and their minds off of whatever is bugging them. As long as whatever is making them act suicidal isn't staring them straight in the face, you should be good." Samus was tempted to go into the pet shop, but the thought of Felix and Scout restrained her. She had to make sure they were okay before she tried anything else. Although, it wouldn't hurt to go in for a little while...

With her hands exposed, Aayla had quickly pulled them back into her sleeves not because of the cold, but rather to prevent any passers-by from seeing her blue skin. Though she nodded at Elsa’s appreciation, she was a little concerned that something as simple as gloves had such an impact on the young woman and at Elsa’s explanation, she was glad that her hood concealed her expression. Feeling that she had a good idea of the training – or lack thereof – that Elsa had received, she next needed to know the nature of her abilities. However, she could also tell that she was potentially treading into dangerous territory, so kept her tone respectful with a touch of concern as she asked, “I see, and may I ask what happened?” She understood that whatever had happened was unintentional, but she was hoping to figure out what Elsa had been feeling at the time so she could ascertain whether or not she had tapped into the Dark Side.

~~~~~~~

When Clint came outside and started talking to the nice lady, Dug sat down panting as he listened to the humans; happy that his master already knew her. However, when the talk then turned to the person inside, Dug didn’t fully understand what they were talking about, but he could tell that something was wrong with the person. Noticing the change in the general mood, Dug’s ears drooped as he took a couple steps toward Clint, and with obvious concern said, “Master, is the man inside all right? I can help keep him active like Legolas and the nice lady said.”

Active? Something was telling him a man with a broken leg couldn't and shouldn't get active Rubbing the back of his neck nervously, Clint released a slow breath. Uh...I don't think he can do that. He's...uh...broke his leg. He muttered sheepishly. His gaze flitted between Samus and Legolas, before he sighed yet again. This would be harder than he thought. He wasn't sure how to handle suicide. after all, his team was a bit of a different case. As irritating as they could be, anyone in the team always needed a bad guy to punch. This guy had given up entirely, and punching someone wouldn't be much of a solution.

A frown replacing his grin, Prussia's red eyes flickered with irritation. This guy wasn't going to waste his time like that and then walk away! He spun on his heel and strode after his target. Clapping a hand on the Solder's shoulder firmly, he scowled. Vait. I have a question. Do you know zat censorkip.gif*** Ivan or not? Ivan, better known as Russia, had used a mentally absent Prussia after World War II.

It had really been a mistake that Prussia had lived after his country had dissolved, and it had left him a living puppet for a good few years before adopting the East side of Germany. Any times he had managed to gain any form of consciousness, it had been accompanied by excruciating pain. To be brief, America and Russia had played games with their respected sides of Germany by forcing violence between the two. All that had been needed with Prussia was a spoken word, but it had reduced a splintered Germany to tears every time. Prussia had a right to hold a grudge.

Edited by shadow_claw

"There are ways to keep busy without moving," Legolas offered. A broken leg certainly would hinder things but there were still activities to be done with such an injury. While he did prefer more active activities, elves did partake in more stationary things. Like drinking and telling stories or entertaining young elves. Though, they were very rare since elf children didn't come around very often. But still, all of those things didn't require much in the way of movement. "I would suggest drinking. I have never tried it before but other elves enjoy it and it could help if he feels upset. Many find comfort in the hands of a drink." He looked towards the pet shop then back to Clint. He disliked the idea of leaving him alone to deal with the troubling man. It would take a lot of work to right whatever wrong had happened to him. "I could help, if that would make any difference. It might be better if he felt as if he had several friends. But it is merely a suggestion, if you feel like you would prefer to handle this situation on your own."

The very mention of drinking obviously distressed the archer. His grin faded instantly, and a more tense look shone through. Alcohol had caused more than a few problems in his life. It killed his parents, and before that, had resulted in domestic violence from his father. Alcohol was the main reason Clint and Tony butted heads, and instilled a fear in Hawkeye. Of course, only his criminal brother and his girlfriend knew of this past. I'd...uh...rather not do th' whole 'drinking' thing. He mumbled.

Listening to the talk around him, Dug gave a small whine when Clint became even more upset. It was clear to Dug that his master was sad because the man inside was sad, and the man inside was sad because he had a broken leg and couldn’t be active. Giving the matter some thought, he realized all he needed to do was figure out how to make the man inside happy and then his master would be happy as well, and he knew just how to do that. “Oh oh, I know Master,” he said with a little hop. “I know how to make the man inside happy. I will go bring him a ball.” With that he started to head toward the door, pausing to scratch behind his ear.

~~~~~~~

Still watching the flying beast, Azog glanced down at the odd creature next to him. Though he was intrigued by the furry creature with his strange mace, he knew that the flying beast was the more immediate concern. Of course, whatever spell the furry creature had cast upon his arrival did indicate to Azog that this creature had great power. However, the fact the he was offering to help Azog rather than fleeing from or attacking him, had Azog thinking that he’d finally found an ally…Perhaps…Giving the furry creature a measuring glare, he said, “Breaking the beast without killing it would be preferred.”

Legolas frowned when Clint became uncomfortable at the mention of drink. Well, what could he say? He did not know why Clint was uncomfortable so all he could do was avoid the topic. But if they didn't use alcohol, it did severely limit what they could use to cheer him up. Most activities were active. It was difficult to find one that did not involve drinking and had to be done still.

The elf turned to Dug as the dog suggested a game of fetch. That could work, if he was able to throw a ball. But he could find comfort in animals, at least. They did tend to cheer up people beyond their original intention. Legolas looked down at the cat he had taken from the back room then lifted it up. "Then, we should follow Dug's lead and attempt to cheer him up with animals. It seems to be the best idea so far." He started towards the door then paused, listening briefly before frowning. "It sounds as if your guest is attempting to leave," he commented as he stepped forward again. The automatic doors opened with a whirring. Across the way, in the back of the store, Lessa had managed to open a window. He was holding onto a large pole for support that had formerly held up a number for a checkout lane. Considering the pole was made of metal, Legolas wasn't quite sure how he managed to rip it out to use as a crutch.

Legolas didn't falter in pulling out his bow and firing a warning shot several inches from Lessa's head. The man quickly turned his head and stared at the armed elf in surprise. He quickly turned back to the window and opened it with so much force the glass shattered and rained down around him. Legolas frowned and quickly started towards him, leaping over obstacles in the store as he ran towards the injured man attempting to climb out of the window.

With a sigh, he stood and followed both the dog and the elf. What was found inside made him scowl. Lessa wanted to play dirty, huh? Fine. Clint's last nerve had been tested. Gritting his teeth, he muttered curses. Fine! The archer darted at a wall, kicking off it and landing atop a shelf. from there, he ran at the attempted fugitive. He pulled out a handful of throwing knives, each one fitted between his fingers. With an effortless flick, he threw them at his target. Clint hadn't originally intended upon hurting Lessa, as pinning him to the windowsill and store wall would just fine. Yer thinnin' my patience, Lessa!

The Soldier seized his arm out of reflex, but managed to stop himself from breaking it just in time. He glared at the man, his upper lip curling though he didn't lash out like he wanted to. Had they lied to him? How did they know Ivan? "I know Ivan Petrovitch, is that who you're talking about?" He growled, ready to be done talking to the two idiots.

Lessa turned in surprise when he heard a loud commotion from behind him. No sooner than he did, his arm suddenly jerked backwards, now pinned against the wall by several small blades. The god turned to stare at Clint in shock as the rest of the knives cut into his clothes. Some came rather close and tiny cuts appeared across his body. His hand shook as the pole was dropped from his hand and clattered against the floor. Deflated and defeated, he slumped down slightly, the knives suspending him up slightly. Legolas reached him at the point and quickly looked him over before kicking the pole away. He'd have difficulty escaping now, at least. "You're injured," he stared matter of factly. "Where would you go?" The man did not respond but instead continued to hang his head.

Although close, this wasn't the Russia Gilbert knew of. Red eyes flashing with irritation, he flashed his teeth in a sort of angry grimace. It was obvious just by his expression that a hatred for Russia ran deep in his bones. They had fought since the both of them formed, and the low blow with the seperation of east and West Germany had only made things worse. The Ivan he knew was Ivan...Braginsky. Yeah, that was it. It was just as likely that this stranger did very well know Russia and was reluctant to say this. With a small growl of his own, he gripped the Soldier's arm in response to having his own arm grabbed. Unless you vant your brains blown out, don't touch me again. He snarled.

((waiting for Star's and Doctor's replies before I post as Clint.))

A broken leg? Why, that was no good. It was rather disturbing to think how the suicidal person got the broken leg. Did they do it to themselves in an attempt to kill themselves or was it just an accident. Trying to figure out which was true was not something Samus preferred to to do. As the Link like man suggested alcohol, Samus began to ponder what else could be used to keep the man in question "active". They could use a puzzle, but something that was too hard for the man to do would probably only depress him. Perhaps a simple jigsaw puzzle could keep him occupied long enough to see if he needed something harder or easier. They could keep bringing him puzzles and indulge in the worries of the suicidal person to see what they could do to make them feel better. Worse come to worse, they'd have to call a hotline and possible take them to the hospital.

Of course, I'm not sure what this person looks like. For all I know, they're an alien that most people on this planet would not recognized. Perhaps it won't be a good idea to take them to a hospital.

The train of thought Samus had going was broken as soon as she heard glass shattering. Both archers rushed into the pet store, leaving Samus behind to decide what to do. If she wanted to run to the hotel and get out of the stranger's hair, now would be the best time. She could do what she was planning to do prior and forgot all that had happened, but yet, the decision was unappealing to her. Although Felix might of been getting worried and Hook could of begin wondering where she was, Samus could not help but feel the need to stay. It wouldn't be right for her to leave these men when they had a situation at hand. What could of person would she be if she left when things got rough. That wasn't like her! She knew she had to do the right thing and by god she would do it! Feeling her power suit appear once more, Samus rushed into the pet store only to find a man slumped over with the two men Samus had just spoken to looking over him.

"Is everything alright in here fellas?" Samus asked as he took a few steps forward with her free hand subconsciously holding her cannon.

(Sorry for the super late post. I didn't do Megaguirus for reasons explained in the OOC. I may bring Deathwing back into this if someone needs an interaction.)

Ratchet smirked when the white beast told him to fight the beast without killing it. Ratchet waved his hand over his wrist communicator and a holographic wheel appeared over it. It had all of his stored weapons in each fo the nine spots. He selected the Judicator, "One mosquito monster, well done, coming right u-", a rapid beep cut him off before he could finish his clever one liner. His weapon wheel was flashing an error message: Not in range "what? What do you mean Not in range?!?", he demanded, shaking the display a bit. He tried weapon after weapon "Doom Blades?" error "Mag-Net Cannon?" error "Mr. Zurkon?" error "Shredder claws?" The triggers for the weapon materialized in his hand as his wrench went into Gadgetron's weapon cloud. He hoped. deactivated blades in his hands, disappointed. He was looking forward to showing off his guns. He clicked Aphelion's symbol on his communicator and waited for the ping, "Aphelion. I need you to grab that Gadgetron vendor I deployed at these coordinates." he said,sending the location,"Oh, and fast". He activated his Shredder Claws and the electric blue blades sprung into existence. He raised them to the flying monster and winked at the albino giant, "So....you have a plan?" he asked, "Cause mine's stall till my ship gets here". He looked up at the flying beast and swallowed hard. He had never fought anything without any firepower and with standing under five feet tall, he hoped Aphelion hurried.

The Soldier sneered at him on disgust. "You touched me first, idiot," he snapped, yanking his arm away from the man's touch. These two were more crazy than he was. "I don't know your friend, and I'm not here to kill you of whatever the hell else you think I am. I'm wasting my time with you, so just leave me be or next time I won't hesitate to kill you," he growled, moving away from them.