shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Clint shrugged in response and took his time and properly putting his hearing aid back into his ear. God? He had a hard time believing in a God for obvious reasons. He had horrible bad luck and a rough past, not to mention literally all his family was dead. The only faith he had was in the team and the people in it. After a few seconds of silence, he slowly and carefully scooped the stranger into his arms and began to walk. I've seen stranger. C'mon, let me get a look at'cha. I know an attempted execution when I see one. The perks of being raised by a circus swarming with criminals was that he knew every trick there was. M'name's Clint, by th' way.

Lessa looked up at the stranger in confusion, his eyebrows rising. He preached helping and giving to others but it would be dangerous for him and a large part of him did not want to be saved. But he but his tongue as he was lifted off the ground and the kind stranger began to walk him away from the alley. The mention of his current state caused Lessa to look away, guilt welling up inside his stomach. Could he be traumatized by what happened? It would not be that unusual. His only friend had betrayed him. "You may call me Lessa," he replied softly. He'd try to accept the good will extended to him but it didn't change his thoughts that much. There was no use for him anymore.

It was rather surprising to see his butler fly into a wall by a mere shout, but what else could be expected of this world? That little "presentation" Jaina had given them had shown that the this would was much different from theirs. Still, Ciel couldn't help but freeze at the sight of his butler getting thrown across the wall. He hadn't been paying attention to what Sebastian was doing. He was giving his attention to Loki who was being very mistrusting of him. It was hard to tell if he was possessive of Laine or just plain paranoid. He reminded Ciel of that man that came with Jaina and Arthas. Oh what was his? Cole, was it? He had been mistrusting of Ciel and his butler, but he didn't act like this. He had simply stated he didn't trust them and left. Loki was attempting to be slightly passive and aggressive along with demanding. He probably wasn't use to having to wait on someone. Ciel could see in his eyes that he was struggling to get Laine to follow him. He trusted her fully. If Ciel, more Sebastian really, wanted to get Laine in their little "alliance", than they'd have to make sure that either Loki trusted them or they separated the two. The former would be quite tedious to do and the latter didn't seem to be possible. Ciel was about to give some parting words when Laine suddenly flung his butler into a wall. For just half a second, anger flashed into his eyes, but it faded just as quickly as it arrived. Waltzing over to the butler calmly, Ciel blinked at Sebastian with little concern drenching his visage.

"Are we done now?" he asked the butler, not caring how far away Laine and Loki were. "You're obsession with felines has gone for far too long and while I cannot obstruct it from commencing, I can forbid you to get with any more... humanoid felines." Ciel straightened up and watched a Laine and Loki departed. "That was a waste of my time and you know it," Ciel said as he pressed his hand against his forehead. "If we're going to find more members for this alliance, then we'll need to get more serious. No more nonsense with those sort. If they don't want to figure out what's going on, then so be it. I'd rather spend an day looking for one person who has enough sense to question their surroundings than to spend an hour with a group of people who don't. You understand me?"

(Will add Megaguirus and Samus later today. I'll repost this if Ciel doesn't get replied to. If he does, I'll just add those two into my next post.)

Elsa quickly waved a hand, the title feeling strange and foreign. Aayla was helping her. They could at least be on a first-name basis. "Please, call me Elsa," She replied as she tried not to stare at the woman as she closed her eyes. Was she using her mysterious powers now? It seemed to be the case since she seemed to understand the layout of the area around them without moving or using a map. "Perhaps," She began, taking everything into consideration. "I think we should go to the water. Leaving the city on foot may be difficult but I think I know what I can do to quicken that, assuming the water leads somewhere."

Loki jumped slightly at the stabbing feeling. Even if the intent was not to hurt, the sudden feeling was unexpected. She seemed mildly upset but had yet to actually say anything about it. Had she really wanted to go with them that badly? Perhaps he would have to make a larger effort to find another group member for them. He didn't really want to go with the butler and the kid since both seemed bad but if Lanie was feeling this bad, maybe she needed something. "Lanie," He said softly, dragging his heels slightly to stop them. "I know you just sent that man flying but… did you really want to travel with them?"

As soon as Clint entered the pet store did he set Lessa down on a check-out counter and duck under the same counter. Where...aha! He stood yet again with a first-aid kit. That was plenty to patch this stranger up. Clint was used to having to improvise, and a splint made of an arrow and gauze would work just fine. Alright Lessa, 's nice t' meet'cha. This is gonna hurt some, and then a lot. I promise 's gonna help ya heal right afterwards though. Carefully did he roll up Lessa's pant leg, and when it wouldn't roll up high enough, tore the fabric. Yup. That was broken. Clint slid one of his purple arrows from his quiver and unscrewed the arrowhead (he was able to save more arrows if the arrowheads were re-usable). Okay, I'm gonna straighten this on three. One...two- An old trick his brother taught him, never get to three. It brought on an unhealthy sense of dread if he did.

Ears flattening against her skull, Lanie was silent. It took her a long while to decide to talk. It wasn't like she was particularly mad about being unable to have more people in their small group, not anymore. She was upset because she was tired of being disrespected. Her choices were insulted by Loki's possessive ways, her dignity was insulted by Sebastian's antics, and her self-respect was sullied by her own thoughts. She was tired of it. Not anymore. I would have argued it further if I wanted them to travel with us.

(((Still open to more characters? "cause I think this thread needs to a little more ratchet)))

Edited by padfoot

Lessa hesitated as he was set down on a counter. Should he try to leave? His leg really hurt so it could be difficult to walk and move. Before he could move, however, the man returned with a box filled with… things. He wasn't exactly sure of this modern world but the medicine looked strange. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion at the man's following statement. Was it really supposed to hurt more? That didn't sound right at all. But he supposed humans knew more about that sort of thing than he did. When Clint began to roll up his pant leg, the pain quickly intensified from the touch. He jumped slightly then quickly dug his nails into the counter, trying to resist moving. From what he observed in others, moving was usually frowned upon and made things hurt more. He didn't really care about his clothes since material possessions were beyond him but rather watched as Clint disassembled an arrow then informed him he was going to straighten his leg on the count of three. Well, he knew that was going to hurt at least. Before he had time to tense and prepare himself or before the man even reached the third number, a sharp pain filled his leg. Lessa recoiled immediately, throwing one hand out to shove Clint away while the other hung limply at his side. It too was probably broken from his fall on the rocks. His back, meanwhile, hunched over and his blue eyes watered. It was difficult to sit up straight when his leg hurt so much. It hurt too much to speak so instead of trying to communicate the fact he was offended Clint had not reached the third number, he bit his lip and focused on keeping him at bay if he tried to hurt him again.

"Well," Loki began, sensing he was treading on dangerous ground. But he was upset that he had upset Lanie. He didn't want to give her a reason to leave him alone. "We could try to find another group member. I'm sure there are others besides them. We could find one that doesn't want to kill us or isn't obnoxious. Would you prefer that to traveling just the two of us?"

The archer willingly stumbled backwards when pushed at, his back bumping into a rack of pet magazines. The rack rattled in protest and swayed as its weight balanced yet again. Well, the worst was over at the very least. Now all he needed to do was set the arrow against the stranger's leg and tie it in place. Okay, sorry 'bout that. That was mean. But all I need to do now is wrap yer leg up. Unless ya wanna do that yerself... He apologized with a sheepish grin. That had been kind of mean, and now he felt bad. This was why he had Natasha do this kinda stuff. She didn't have such a weak conscience.

No. Lanie decided with a sigh. She was over having other people around by now. Everyone else treated her like a piece of meat. Like a weapon. She was tired of it. It would be just the two of them that she could trust. A pair is easier to manage. It's safer thins way.

Safer for you, or for your feelings? Lanie bit back a sigh at her own, hypercritical thoughts. She was a guarded soul and had learned to keep her emotions in check over her time with Loki. The Dragonborn's emotions had her kidnapped and maimed, had innocent people killed, and had her on the run from whatever the "government" was. Bit by bit, she was learning to become reserved. Otherwise, it only led to pain.

This Dug was the epitome of man's best friend. He was extremely trusting and perhaps a little naive. He was quite friendly and only showed concern for the stranger he just met. This would of made Samus uncomfortable if it wasn't a dog who was acting as such. She nearly chuckled at the dog's last comment. Love was a rather strong word to throw around, but, then again, perhaps Dug didn't fully understand the concept of love and simply became attached to whoever he came in contact with. Although slightly unnerved by Dug's comment, Samus managed to give the dog a small grin that did not reach her dark thoughts.

"I thank you for your concern, Dug," she said smoothly. "I would find love a bit too strong a word, though. I don't think you should waste any of your love on me." Samus turned her head for a moment, staring at a car as it drove by.

"I could say I was out for a morning jog" Samus replied as the car drove on by. "But I'm not sure that's entirely true. I was actually looking for someone, or a few people I should say. I'd dread to see them here, but at the same time, it would be relieving. I do not want them to face the same fate as I have, but..." Samus trailed off, the words slipping off her lips. She didn't exactly want to mention that she was feeling slightly lonely, but she also wanted to speak with someone. Out of all the people she had met so far, not one of them seemed willing to listen. Felix was too young, Hook was too suspicious to be trusted, Prussia and Germany bickered to much to listen, and everyone else, including the ones she mentioned, barely knew her. The only people who she could possible talk to was that shadow, but she scarcely trusted him. Heaving a sigh of defeat, Samus gripped her forehead uneasily. It had been a long day and all she wanted to do was find something familiar, something, no, someone she could grasp onto and feel even the slightest bit safe or calm.

Again, the queen found herself alone after charging towards the white beast. She had to abruptly halt herself in order to keep herself from slamming into the ground. Hissing and spitting spitefully, Megaguirus glared at the spot the creature had been. She knew he was there before. There was no way he wasn't there! He must of been teleporting somehow. Megaguirus had experienced teleportation beforehand and she didn't understand it nor did she care for it. Teleporting just made things harder to deal with, not impossible, but much harder. Hearing the creature shout once more, Megaguirus turned to face the creature. Sure enough, it was far away, holding its mace and trying to appear intimidating. For a moment, the queen stood still, sizing up her victim. If the little dance got too tiresome, she'd simply fly away. She was, after all, just hunting. There would always be more prey to be caught, but that wasn't her concern at the moment. She was still hunting and had not given up just yet. The queen stood still for a while, contemplating what to do. The creature was attempting to keep its distance, that was clear enough. Blindly running towards the beast did not seem to work. What would happen if the queen approached him slowly? Would he still teleport as she moved forward or would he wait for her to get a certain distance before attacking? Deciding to experiment, Megaguirus began to move towards the creature again, this time slowly. Her tail dragged across the ground and her wings flapped gently. She wanted to see just how predictable this creature was. If he turned out to be unpredictable, then Megaguirus would become as such as well.

(Well Ciel didn't get a reply, but you still get these two for now.)

Lessa was not one to very easily hold grudges. Even if whatever the archer had done had really hurt, he still seemed to have good intentions. Was it possible the pain was to do better things? He glanced at the limb curiously. Admittedly, it did feel better than his left arm, even if the initial pain was quite a shock. Still, a large enough part of him told him not to inform the archer how much his arm hurt in case he tried the ordeal again. But he motioned him closer anyway with his arm that did not hurt so much. "I think you would be much better at whatever you are trying to do," He replied, pressing his lips together slightly. "I apologize for pushing you away," He added quickly, hoping the archer was not offended by him shoving Clint away.

"If you say so," Loki replied but relief welled up inside of him anyway. He wanted it to just be the two of them. Others… they were not as nice as Lanie had proven to be. She was very caring and kind and he appreciated her. Aside from his mother, she was probably the only person he appreciated. "I suppose we should keep moving. Are you hungry? We could stop to eat."

Hawkeye nodded, and then stepped forward again. Most people drew weapons at him whenever he set bones, but then again, most people Clint knew were warriors of some sort. It was nice to have someone appreciate him. With a small smile, he nodded. Nah, 's alright. Don'cha worry 'bout it. he replied casually. The archer pulled the roll of gauze from the kit and inspected it. That should be enough. Carefully did he set the arrow against Lessa's leg, and then wrap it in the soft cloth. Upon finishing, he glanced up at the proclaimed "god". That feel alright? Tell me if it feels too tight, 'cause you'll want circulation down that leg too. Whenever yer ready, we can go to yer arm.

The day had been so chaotic, Lanie hardly realized her own hunger. She had spent most of the night licking her wounds and sulking instead of sleeping, and she was running on empty. Lanie rarely remembered to eat when traveling the way it was. In the frigid lands she roamed, it was more important to watch one's back and to keep warm. The overwhelming sense of dread usually dulled one's appetite. Yes, actually. I'm rather famished.

((I'd like to see them eat processed food so badly, because they'd both get miserably sick.))

Lessa watched him work curiously. Compared to the sharp, initial pain, him wrapping cloth around his leg didn't hurt so much. As he finished, he leaned forward slightly to examine the work, only to quickly turn flustered when his arm was mentioned. He recoiled back, bringing his other hand up to defend his other arm. "No," He replied quickly, staring at Clint with a tight-lipped frown. "My arm will heal on its own," He added. Sure he still had that bite on his side from the mysterious thing and was covered in all kinds of other injuries that had yet to heal but his regenerative abilities didn't seem completely gone. He was dreading having another pain like the one in his leg. "Do not touch it."

"I can conjure an illusion of money," Loki replied with a warm smile, glad they had something to do instead of just trudging along. Truth be told, he was very hungry too. It had been a while since he had eaten and even gods needed to consume. "Why don't we go somewhere? You'll have to appear human again, of course. Do you want me to put up an illusion for you?"

((It's gotta happen.))

Though it wasn’t quite the direction she’d have chosen, Aayla gave a smile as she nodded and said, “All right, Elsa.” Her tone then turned slightly lighthearted as she said, “To the water it is, and I’ll be able to get better feel for it once we get there.” Giving Elsa a smile, she pulled her hood back up as she added, “Once again, if you’ll follow me.” Heading out of the alley, she looked around briefly to get her bearings before leading the way. “So, may I ask what method you currently use to try to control your abilities, and what other methods have you tried?” She hoped that if she found out what had already been proven to not work for Elsa, then she’d be able to plan other methods to try.

Aphelion Aphelion screamed through the atmosphere of Earth. A small mud ball of a planet in the Milky Way Galaxy. The pilot, A Lombax named Ratchet, looked down on the strange planet.

"atmosphere seemed to be ideal for life support and they do not seem to have surface to air defenses the voice of his ship said as data began to stream on one of the screens in the cockpit. Ratchet looked at the empty copilot seat where Clank usually sat. He had gotten a lead that someone on this planet might be able to help him save his friend. The Obsidian Eye had shown him that Dr. Nefarious had his friend imprisoned in some unknown location. He needed an expert on time travel. Maybe then he could get a lead where the Zoni took Clank.

Ratchet dropped Aphelion a few hundred feet and slowed to a coasting speed. He was passing over some kind of city and decided to start there. Switching the control back to Aphelion and unbuckling his restraints, he prepared to eject, "Stay close, Aphelion. I might need a quick pick up", he said. The canopy flipped open and Ratchet threw himself out into open air.

The protective visor on his suit flipped down automatically to keep from being blinded from the rushing air. He dropped into a urban area and activated his Hoverboots a few dozen feet from the concrete. Blue jets of energy erupted from the bottom of his feet. He bent his knees to steady himself. His boots slowed him to a safe speed before touching down of the planet's surface. He touched a small, indigo octagon on his suit and a holographic map expanded before him. This area was strange. There were no floating platforms. No creepy aliens that wanted to kill him. Nothing he was used to. He deactivated his map and tightened his grip on his wrench. Just becasue everything seemed quiet doesn't mean that they were. He wasn't going to drop his guard.

(((Really not sure where anyone is so I'll just play around until something falls into place)))

Edited by padfoot

Elsa quickly followed after the Jedi, carefully treading a half step behind her. When she mentioned her powers, the Snow Queen looked down then averted her gaze completely. One hand held her other and she pressed them both against her side. "I mostly just... Conceal it. Don't feel it. Put on a show so nobody will know." She was starting to feel very uncomfortable without some kind of thick fabric around her hands to fight back the ice. "I used to wear gloves but I lost them here. I'd like to locate some new ones so that I don't have to worry about the ice spreading. It does that now when I touch things and I just can't stop it." She sighed and looked back up, shaking her head slightly. "That is all I've done. It's all I know how to do. My parents told me how to properly hide it when I was very young."

As the nice lady spoke, it became clear Dug that she was sad and that made him sad too. When she put her hand to her head, Dug lay down next to her and gently put his chin on her leg as he looked up at her. Giving a sigh of his own, he thought for a moment on how to help her not be sad but then his ears perked up as he said, “I know where to find some people!” Surely that would do the trick. “Three people in fact and Luiz too; he is my new pack-mate and he is really nice. My new master is really nice too and he bought this pet store for Luiz and me and there are balls and toys to play with, and food to eat but Legolas said that it was not food, so he said that he would make us some food and he went out and came back with some small birds… but they were not The Bird. Legolas is really nice too even though he looks a little different from my new master, and my old master, and Gilligan…he smells like trees and I like trees. Gilligan is really nice too and he has a friend professor that he is looking for.” By that point, he was working himself up and his tail was once again thumping happily against the ground. He was convinced that all the nice lady needed was to be around some people and everything would be okay.

( ;-; I'm sorry for repeatedly leaving everyone hanging. Junior year almost killed me, but I'm finally out of school and ready to be on frequently again. Where can I jump back in?)

((I know what you mean. His year of school seriously sucked.

Anyways, Clint, Legolas, Luiz, and Dug are still in the pet store. Dug walked outside and met Samus, whom of which he's talking to. Clint followed Dug and met an injured stranger named Lessa, and took him in to take care of him.

Lanie and Loki are stopping somewhere to eat.

Azog has teamed up with Chell to take down Megagurius using Chell's portal gun.

Ratchet has landed on Earth and is open for interaction.

Ella and Aayla are together, talking about how to control Elsa's powers.

Characters open for interaction are: Ratchet, Prussia and Germany, Dark link, Ciel and Sebastian, and I'm sure there's more. Post whenever you can happy.gif

PS, I think I'd be hilarious if the Winter Soldier met Prussia and Germany because Prussia's a smartass and neither of them can get killed.))

Yes, that would be preferable. It seems as if this city is starting to adjust to the chaos and the last thing I want to do is startle anyone. Lanie agreed. She, of course, had her own magic to assist with this. She couldn't cast illusions, but she could instantly change into anything in her bag. In a flash was her armor replaced with furs that protected better against the cold. Her sword was returned to her bag as well, so all she had were her claws and hidden weapons. That would be enough the way it was.

With a shrug, Clint turned back to the first-aid kit and closed it up. He wouldn't pester the stranger. Hopping up onto a different check-out counter, he slid his quiver off and began to check through his arrows. It was a meticulous, almost nervous habit of his to make sure everything was in order. It was something almost the whole team did. Tony stayed up late tinkering, Natasha cleaned her weapons hourly, Steve polished his shield, Thor styled his hair...Hell, everyone had their nervous ticks. It wasn't just him.

Lessa was very relieved when the matter of his arm was not pursued further. But Clint's actions were still very strange. After ensuring his arm wasn't touching anything that would cause it pain, he gently began scoping out the rest of his injuries, falling from a cliff had damaged him quite a bit, actually. His forehead under his hair was bleeding and the back of his head throbbed from some kind of head wound. He'd probably struck it on his way down. He was generally covered in scratches but then there was the problem of the strange injury to his side. It looked rather like something had bitten him. Whatever Ares had used to drain his powers was probably the source of the mysterious bite. He lifted his shirt experimentally to look at the bite, only to accidentally strike his fractured arm with his other. His nose immediately wrinkled up and he grimaced, his lips pulled back to reveal his fangs and the pain he was experiencing. Pain was so foreign to him that even a little bit of it was overwhelming.

"You may pick out a place that looks interesting," Loki replied as he stepped closer. Green light formed in his fingertips and spun gently towards Lanie, casting an illusion around her. Instead of taking the appearance of Black Widow, however, he went with Lady Sif. It would be less likely anyone recognized her as an Asgardian and he didn't have the time to construct a new person for her to be. That would work for now. "How is that?"

(((Oh! Big Godzilla fan and portal fan and LotR fan. Is there anyway that Ratchet can meet up with Chell and Azog to help beat Megagurius. Think they are going to need more than a portal gun to beat a 160 foot flying monster)))

Ratchet pressed a button on his wrist communicator and there was a series of beeps that sounded like dial tones on a telephone. There was a progress bar as the Galactic Positioning System tried to locate him. In the mean time, he was going to have a look around this strange planet. It seemed modern but at the same time pretty "dark ages". No robotic citizens. No holo-tisements. No wormhole trains. No Gadgitron vendors. Not even flying cars in the sky. They had other interesting things though. These Earthlings seemed pretty comfortable on their own planet.

Ratchet was getting some funny looks from the locals as the streets became more crowded. He could have sworn he heard something about, "Freaks in costume" as a group of people passed. Ratchet found that rude but not particularly informative. His wrist communicator began to beep rapidly as the message, "Pick Drop point" flashed on the small screen. Ratchet looked around and found a clear patch of concrete in a parking lot that was far enought out of the way from the flow of foot traffic. Across the lot there were a few stores but no one seemed to be looking this way. He aimed his communicator and hit send.

There was a beam of light that struck the ground silently from the sky. Slowly a Gadgetron Vendor materialized in the spot he marked. The whole transfer only took a few seconds then the beam of light vanished as quickly as it appeared. Ratched smiled and opened the menu on the holographic interface.

He was lucky that this galaxy fell within his Gadgetron subscription or Ratchet would have only had his Omniwrench to defend himself with. A progress bar was tracking the status of his inventory download. After it was complete he would have access to his entire weapon arsenal he had in storage back home in Metropolis. All he had to do now was wait.

Samus merely watched as Dug began to list off all the people he knew all the while his tail joyously thumping against the ground. She blinked at the dog for a moment, pondering what to do. It was obvious Dug didn't know what she was trying to say. Explaining any further would only be problematic. It would probably be best for her to leave, but, then again, she didn't really have anywhere to go.

"I'm guessing this Legolas is the one I saw shooting pigeons then," Samus commented as she put two and two together. "I must say, he is a fine marksmen, didn't miss a single shot I saw." Samus paused for a moment. She glanced down at Dug who had goofy grin on his face.

"I thank you for the offer," she said softly, rubbing the canine's head. "But I'm looking for specific people and I highly doubt you know who they are. You're enthusiasm and offer has been noted, however." It would probably be best if she left soon. Who knew where Felix and Hook got themselves off to. Somewhere dangerous, no doubt. She'd probably have to be off to find both, or at least one of them, soon.

((Thankyee Claw! And I might have him jump in with them, though I know next to nothing about Hetalia))

Luiz had gotten distracted by the birds section again, but soon realized that he was alone and trotted off to find the people in his group. It seemed smartest to wait for Clint and Dug at the door, so he headed in that direction to try and find them. When he got there however, he saw that there was no need, because he could see Dug through the glass doors. Cheerfully he ambled through them, stubby tail wagging enthusiastically. And it looked like Dug had made another friend! "Dug! 'Ey, Dug!" He called as he approached. By the time he got over there he was panting, but he couldn't help it what with such short legs. "I kinda got distracted again, sorry 'bout that," he apologized, tilting his head way back to try and see the person Dug was talking to. "Hola!"

Holding several bowls in his hands, Legolas pushed against the door and stepped out into the main store. It had taken a bit of time but he had managed to completely seperate the meat from the small bird bones and dice the meat into small pieces. Raw food was much better for animals than cooked meat, which was quite nice. Had he had to cook it, it would have involved making a fire and that would be especially tedious. At least he had found some clean bowls to put the meat in for the two dogs and the cat sitting on his shoulder. But when he made his way back to the fish section, he found both of them to have vanished.

The elf frowned slightly and looked around, his sharp eyes trying to pick them out. But it looked like the store was empty, aside from Clint and a stranger sitting near the front. He quickly moved closer to the two, balancing the bowls on his arms. "Have you seen the two dogs go by?" Legolas asked, looking over at Clint. As he did, his gaze drifted over to the other man sitting nearby. Aside from the obvious injuries, there also seemed to be something wrong with his arm. Elves were rarely injured so he wasn't sure what was wrong with it but the stranger's pose was enough of a giveaway that the arm had suffered damage. "Who are you?" The elf asked, looking down at the stranger then turning back to Clint when his question was not answered.

((I can start then. They can bump into each other happy.gif ))

A grudging vacation for the blonde man had left his brother overjoyed. After all, they were both usually busy running a country and dealing with other nations. Now that the weather had began to turn nice, Germany now had to worry over Prussia. The older nation was albino, and because of that, burned almost instantly. Even the weakest light gave him sunburn. The brothers walked out of the grocery store, bickering (yet again) in German. Germany kept offering sunblock to his pale brother, who refused it each time. Sunblock was, in his terms, "unawesome". Prussia did, however, accept a pair of sunglasses to wear. Those were awesome enough, he supposed.

...Was this over-world? The world of mortals? It wasn't exactly how he remembered it. The Faun turned his head slowly to look about. He would've looked around much faster, but the massive horns on either side of his head made this impossible. Long fingers reached to a small cage around his shoulder and carefully undid the clasp. Immediately did three small creatures flutter from their home and hover in the Faun's vision. Survey the area, and fetch me if anything is amiss. We should return to the Labyrinth as soon as we can. One by one, each fairy darted away. This didn't look like Spain in the slightest. They would need to return and guard the Labyrinth. Shaking his head , the Faun continued down the road slowly.

Lanie scowled, and then swatted at a small creature began to buzz around her head. When she finally ended up catching it, she cupped it in her hands. Loki, I believe I've found something. Slowly did she unfold her fingers to peer inside. The imprisoned fairy looked up and chattered angrily at Lanie, its tiny wings fluttering wildly. The initial swatting had hurt one of its leaf-like wings, and made it unable to fly. Baring tiny, needle-like teeth at the woman, it hissed. I...I think I hurt it... Lanie's face fell as she studied her catch further. Oh...oh no! She hadn't meant to do that!

Clint looked up from his bow as Legolas spoke. He nodded, and gestured towards the automatic door. Yeah, they both went outside. I saw 'em when I was out there. he answered. As soon as he finished speaking did he return to his meticulous cleaning. One defect in anything could throw everything off. Keeping equipment clean was a duty to the archer. Oh, n' that's Lessa. I found him pretty beat up n' figured he needed a place t' stay. Hope ya don' mind, Legolas. I probably shoulda asked ya first, eh?