shadow_claw

Reality and Fiction Collide

Lanie's nose wrinkled? Species? Khajiit wasn't a species. It was a race. Much like elves and normal humans could have children together, it was much the same with Khajiit. In Skyrim, this never happened because normal humans tended to racist against the beast races. But Puck's offer was tempting. She hesitated, her ears flattening. Why does it matter what I look like? Am I not beautiful in my natural form? What if your were criticized for your ears? Is it not the same notion? She asked. Puck seemed awfully...biased with this.

"It doesn't matter what you look like," Puck replied immediately, raising his hands in his defense. The chains clanked slightly with the movement as a reminder that he was still prisoned. "And I'm not trying to date a human so it really doesn't matter. What matters is him." He pointed to Loki then crossed his legs. "Humans are racist. It doesn't matter who, they all are. But if he looks like you, he'll actually love you instead of liking you. No more barriers because he doesn't have fur and you do. Not to mention tails."

Lanie rested her head back on Loki's shoulder with a small whimper. She couldn't decide what to do. What if Loki didn't like it? What if he would hate her for making such a choice? Why do you care? This is my business, not yours. she said after a short while. If humans were so disgusted by her race...wouldn't it ruin him to look like her? The general idea was distressing to her.

The Alchemist kind of floated down the street, attacking random people with corruption. How weak were these people! He would soon have a small army of corrupted soilders to command. He'd attack the magic users first before trying to find Ahriman.

Felix paused at the end of the contcrete path. He looked down to see the road was now full of something. He took his staff and lightly poked at it. Whatever it was, it seemed to try to grab the boy's staff. Felix quickly turned around and ran to go wake Hook up or find Samus. If he had delayed a second sooner, he would have noticed the Alchemist coming from the really wierd stuff.

(Not sure what to do with Samus at the moment, so unless someone runs into her or PMs me that they have a plan to do something, I'm just going to let her wander. I'm also not entirely sure what to do with Megaguirus. I'm going to let Chell reply to Azog's offer before doing anything.)

"If you wish to leave, then you may do so," Ciel said calmly. "But I would suggest using the door. The windows don't exactly come open and this is on the first floor. I see no reason for you to try and scale the building down." The boy took another sip of tea before glancing over at the woman in regal clothing. She looked... slightly upset? She clearly wasn't upset with the child. Oh no, she was giving the man a glare.

"I suppose our alliance is off then," she asked with surprisingly no harsh emotion tinging her voice. It wasn't completely clear what sort of "alliance" the two had, but it was obvious that it meant something to the woman. The purple lady, on the other hand, looked indifferent. Just looking at her Ciel could tell... wait, where had she gotten to? Ciel realized a moment or so too late that woman with multiple arms had fled the hotel. He wasn't generally upset, but he was mildly surprised. He thought he would of seen her leave, especially with how... unique she looked.

(I really don't like the idea of three of my characters being in the same group if the group in question is quite small so I'm just going to let Demrylin run off on her own. Hopefully someone else will find a use for her.)

Puck gave the lion a look and plucked at his chains. "I'd kind of like to avoid my fate of being forever bound by iron chains," He replied with a small smile. "I figured if I helped you, you'd help me back. I can still do what other people want from me while bound and small things. But I'm stuck with you until you take them off. So I do something for you to make you happy, you take of the chains and we go our separate ways. Doesn't that sound fun? You'll get some quality time with Mr. Sunshine over there."

There was silence as Lanie thought over everything. She stood and padded towards Puck, stopping and taking hold of the chains in her teeth. She muttered a shout, which covered the portion of the chains in her mouth with ice. With a sharp tug, the weakened links broke the chain. All I want is to return to normal. The tail can be left in Oblivion for all I care. she decided. There was no way to force feelings upon Loki if he didn't have them, and she didn't want to make him unhappy. It was best if the problem was fixed before new ones were made.

Puck smiled as the chains were broken and quickly stood. He might as well actually follow through to avoid them hounding after him later.

In return for this kind act,

Puck will fill his contract.

So he'll see you now transformed

Be you once more as you were formed!

Green light flashed from the fae's eyes and mouth and quickly zoomed towards Lanie to transform her back to how she had been before, though with the addition of her tail. That was normal for her, right? Some sort of weird not-gargoyle. Quickly, he darted up in the air away from the broken chains, stretching out his arms. "Ah~! Puck is going to have a great deal of fun now. I hope you have a good time now!"

Lanie stretched her limbs once she was back in her usual, bipedal form. Only when Puck left did she realize her clothes had been discarded earlier when she was a lion. Thank the divines Loki was alseep. It gave her time to be...not naked. The only clothing item she had left other than her armor was her cotton clothing from earlier. A pair of pants and a shirt...that would work. Now that she was decent, she sat herself down beside Loki and watched over himas he slept. Did he love her back? Would she ever know? These questions bothered the woman as she sat in silence. Puck could very easily be right.

Puck flew away from the warehouse, looking around. Now that that pesky issue was out of the way, he was free to mess with someone else. But who would be good enough to entertain him? Where could he find someone who would actually be worth his time? He wanted someone who would want something he could either twist about, or that was naturally an interesting thing to wish for. That left out a great deal of normal people. Perhaps he could find a good sorcerer or someone rich who already had money and would be more inclined to wish for something else. Keeping this in mind, he began flying across the rooftops, watching the streets with great interest.

Loki's eyes opened after some time had passed and he stretched his arms out with a yawn. "Lanie?" He asked, his eyes quickly locking on her. "You're back to normal!" He declared happily, a smile on his face. "That's good. But how did you manage that?" His gaze drifted over to the snapped chains and his smile quickly faded as he rested his face in his palm. "Did you let him out?"

Lanie's ears angled backwards at Loki's reaction. She averted her gaze from him and instead stared at the floor. We had a talk while you were alseep. As all I wanted was to be myself again, he agreed to do so in exchange for his freedom. she explained softly. That's the only reason he had been chained in the first place, right? Her blue eyes slowly drifted back up to the pale god. Last night...when you said you'd never leave me...did you mean it? a new sort of shyness showed on her face as she spoke. Nobody ever wanted to stay with her for too long. Maybe...maybe Puck was wrong?

Scout left the hotel with a whoop, dashing out with his trusty Sandman in hand. Samus was not anywhere in sight. "Must be one heck of a stroll." Oh well. Scout ran forward, not really caring which way he was going. He did take note of where the hotel was, though. He didn't want to get lost in a city he didn't know with no money on him.

Scout had left his jacket unzipped, having shrugged it on at the last minute before he left his room. The weather was warmer than the previous night and he was thankful for that. He didn't really fancy being an icicle that much. Heh. That reminded him of the Spy-cicle, that random icicle that Spy had as a weapon. It made him wonder what the spook was up to at that moment.

<OOC: I guess he's going in the same direction as Samus. I guess. happy.gif >

"He seemed very dangerous," Loki replied with a frown. "I would dislike it if he were to cause trouble for us later on." The thoughts about the mysterious elf-thing immediately vanished as Loki looked up at Lanie. "What?" He asked, half out of shock of her actually asking him that question and half out of hurt for her accusing him of leaving. "Of course I would never leave you," he said, standing up quickly. "We are friends, are we not? Friends do not leave each other behind. You aren't planning on leaving me, are you?"

Lanie seemed to deflate at Loki's answer. Her ears and tail dropped visibly. Oh. So Puck was right. She couldn't help but feel dejected at this. Friends...she could work with friends. It was just...disheartening. Of course I wouldn't. I was just...wondering. she replied quietly. This really was a one-sided feeling then. She couldn't help but be hurt at this thought. Lanie was used to being let down, however.

((Puck should totally meet Prussia and Germany. Prussia and Puck would get along great.))

((I agree. Where are Germany and Prussia? In another group already?))

Loki noted the disappointed and frowned, tilting his head to the side. What had he done? Had he upset her in someway? Perhaps she wanted to leave. He looked down with a frown. Just when he thought he made a friend, he had upset her. "If you want to leave, I won't hold you here," he stated after a moment. "It's just... I thought we were friends. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I apologize."

((They're just with each other on a park bench, bickering in German about flying back to Berlin.))

Lanie seemed alRmed at the idea of leaving she bristled, her eyes going wide. What? N-No! I don't wantto leave! It's just... she trailed off as she tried to think of the right words. I'm just...a bit tired of being rejected. I won't leave, but...I think you should know that I have feelings for you. Her ears turned visibly red as she spoke. Her heart ached, but it was good to know that Loki still wanted to stay with her.

The sound of an argument was what drew Puck in. Languages had never been a barrier for him. If he could bend space, he could cast a little spell for universal understanding of most languages. At least, the human ones. The trickster glided into a tree to watch the two strange men fight before crossing his legs and smiling. "Well, isn't this a sight!" He declared. "Is there anything I could do for you gentlemen?" He added from his perch above them.

Loki tilted his head to the side then held out his arms, inviting Lanie into a hug. "Lanie, I have feelings for you too. You're the closest person anyone has ever gotten to me except maybe my brother and I feel as though he's given up on me already. But... We've only known each other for a few days. Can't we start out as friends first? Give it some time?"

Scout stopped running, panting. He was hardly winded - or so he thought - but he had been running for some time now and he thought that he may as well catch a break. Leaning against the wall, he looked up and spotted two familiar guys nearby. He wasn't quite sure where he thought he'd seen them but he was almost positive that the blonde guy had been at the restaurant yesterday. His German accent was hard to miss...especially when it sounded almost like Medic... He shuddered at the thought and his grip on his Sandman tightened. He considered approaching them but held back for the moment. Who knows if they were as weird as that nutty pirate and his wacko friend yesterday? Then again...he wasn't afraid of two guys, was he? "Hell no, I ain't!" With that thought, he stalked over to them.

"Hey, you guys were at da restaurant yesterday, werent'cha?" he asked, the moment he was within earshot. He stared hard at the blonde guy. He couldn't help wondering if the guy was as maniacal as Medic was...it was hard to think that not all Germans were sadistic whackjobs. His Medic and the enemy Medic both made pretty insane impressions on their race.

~~~

Spy stood still, watching the RED's Sniper beneath his hood as he picked off his teammates, snickering to himself. Of course, the assassin was cloaked as usual and a cigarette hung from his lips. He knew it was a bad idea to smoke on the job, a rookie mistake, but he wanted the Sniper to know he was there. Then he could make a proper fool out of the Australian when he slid his knife into that unprotected back of his. He stepped forward silently, his arm raised, the knife within his sleeve ready for the kill...

The Sniper could feel something wrong. Actually, no. He smelt something wrong. He didn't need to turn around to see who it was. Snarling, he dropped his rifle and swung around, grabbing his kukri.

"Ya bloody-" He stopped short. There was no one behind him. What was left was a smoldering cigarette on the floor, smoke wisps curling upwards.

<--->

Spy stopped short, his arm in mid-swing, half of his blade sticking out of his sleeve. He wasn't entirely sure what had happened. One moment, he was well on his way to sending the Sniper to Respawn. The next, bloop! He was plopped right onto a random pavement. Spy brought his arm down, his blade retracting back into his sleeve. The temperature was noticeably lower than Teufort, though it wasn't that cold. He took a look around, taking note of his surroundings. Then, he stopped short.

He knew this place.

What was he doing in Chicago? How could he have teleported from Teufort all the way to Chicago, of all places?! What was even more baffling was the place. The city seemed even more...stranger. As a few cars whizzed by, he noted with alarm that they were sleek, shiny, and definitely not the noisy automobiles he knew. This wasn't Chicago. At least, it wasn't the Chicago that he knew. Everything seemed so different, it was a wonder how he had even managed to recognise the place. Tugging lightly on his hood, he frowned. There was something weird going on and he intended to find out what it was.

Hopefully, it wasn't another one of Merasmus' doings...

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Once voice had Germany turn his head, while a different one had Prussia. Prussia looked up at the other white-haired man, and then shook his head. A tree was an odd place to sit, but he wasn't inclined to care. Nein. Mein bruder and I vere merely arguing. You see, he vants to return to Berlin, vile I vant a vacation in America's home. Ve argue a lot, but I know I'll vin. Germany von't leave vithout me. he answered. He grinned at Puck after speaking. What a strange young man! He had always liked strange people. After all, he was a living country!

Germany reguarded Scout in silence for a few seconds. He scanned the other man for any weapons, any possible ways to strike him down, and any signs of hostility. Obviously the baseball bat wasn't a warm welcome, bur Germany also had a handgun at his hip. A fight was the last thing Germany wanted, but it was safe to consider the possibility. Arching a calm eyebrow at Scout, he frowned. Yes, I vas. My brother found me and dragged me there to meet some voman he met. He paused to roll his eyes in Prussia's direction. Ve already met her zis morning. I vonder if ze entire resturant vill cross my path today...

A slight hesitation, and then Lanie accepted the hug. She felt so ashamed now, getting herself upset like a fool only to be proven right. She wrapped her arms around Loki and rested her chin on his shoulder. It wasn't exactly custom in Skyrim to take things slowly, so this was a new concept to her. If two were interested in each other, then they usually got married within the week. This was because mortality rates in adulthood was moderately high. With all the monsters and usual human threats that plagued the province, nobody lived all that long. Oh...Yes, of course. It just isn't custom where I come from to make things gradual. But I will accomadate for you. Your home's way of courting seems much more...respectful.

((Guys, I won't be on much this weekend. I am currently in DC for a band trip and will be busy the entire weekend.))

Edited by shadow_claw

<OOC: Okay then...but wait. DC's a place? I thought it was either Dragon Cave or DC Comics...>

Scout straightened himself at the mention of Samus. Well, the guy hadn't exactly mentioned her but he'd mentioned a woman. Close enough.

"Really? You saw her? Where?! I been lookin' for her everywhere, man!" An exaggeration, of course, but what else was expected from a Scout? Scout rested his bat against his shoulder, all thoughts of maniacal Germans leaving his head. If Blondie, as dubbed by Scout, had seen her, she probably wasn't far off. He could catch up with her, then. He didn't like to admit it but he didn't like being alone especially when he was unfamiliar with the place. He was used to the team watching his back, after all.

~~~

Spy had walked for a while, paying attention to his surroundings. It was morning so he saw few people about. Perhaps they had been wary of him. He wouldn't blame them. His hood hid half of his face. Spy was surprised that some others had seemed more shocked than suspicious but he kept silent and walked on. He had also heard a couple of teens whispering when he passed by. Something about Ezio. He had no idea who or what Ezio was but he stored it away into his mind. Who knew, it could be useful.

When, he passed by a pet store, though, he stopped. There was nothing special about it, nothing at all. It was a pet store and yes, it did seem a little different than the pet stores he was used to to but it was just a pet store. What caught his eye was the man with two dogs around him in the store. It was not just the ridiculous purple get-up that the man was wearing that had attracted his attention. It was the fact that Spy was pretty sure he'd seen the man before. It was also the fact that Spy knew that this man was not supposed to exist.

And so, Spy, his fingers twitching for a cigarette, entered the pet store.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((DC is a popular abbreviation for Washington DC, aka, the capitol of the USA.))

Puck smiled down at the white-haired man, his head tilting slightly to the side. “You don’t say,” He replied, setting his hands on his hips with a grin. “Well, it’s certainly nice to meet you. The name is Puck. You seem like a big, tough guy. How does an adventure sound to you?”

“We live very long where I come from,” Loki replied, patting her back for comfort. It was nice to know that the feelings were mutual but it was very unlike him to rush head first into something as drastic as a courtship. “I am used to taking my time. I will try to speed things up, at least a little bit. I still will need some time to think. I do not want to become my reckloose brother.”

((Yeah, The District of Columbia. My band is preforming in a national parade. Because. 'Murica.))

Prussisa's wide grin only grew wider as Puck talked. He stood up and turned around to stare up at the Fae. What a strange man! He wasn't a country, for countries recognized each other even at first sight, but what did it make Puck? Prussia's pair of scarlet eyes scanned over Puck casually. It wasn't nearly as intense and observant as Germany was. I am Prussia, and zhe brute of a man ist mein bruder, Germany. he replied. Mischief glinted in his red eyes. You better be planning something awesome.

Yes, she passed by about ten minutes ago. I am afraid I didn't pay attention to vere exactly she went, however. Germany answered calmly. He was prettyfar from manicial, to Scout's luck. Being a Nation and all, his sanity regenerated as fast as physical wounds. Although all of them could be wild at times, the countries were perfectly mentally intact. I haven't introduced myself. I am Germany, and the idiot to my left is Prussia.

Lanie closed her eyes and melted into Loki's hug. It was a releif that he didn't want to be alone either. She hated it so much. Although she didn't shy in the battle with a dragon, abandonment frightened her. It was sort of funny. We have a great deal of cultural gaps, do we not? It would be beneficial if we learned our common customs. she noted. They would only encounter more confusion if they didn't learn about each others ways of life.

He bought a pet store. A freaking pet store. And it was awesome. Clint strolled about his new franchise with a wide grin, his cowl and coat off. The ridiculous purple suit he wore for the Avengers was clearly visible. He was actually having a wonderful time with Dug and Luiz. The sound of the automatic doors sliding open made his calm dissolve. He spun his head around to the door and grabbed his bow from his quiver. It snapped open automatically. The archer loaded an arrow and had it pointed at the blue-clad man. Name. I locked th' doors, I'm sure of it. How'd ta get in here? he demanded.

"You mean like the country?" Puck asked then shook his head. "Never mind, it's not that important." He jumped down from the tree, a faint trace of sparkles trailing behind him as he landed lightly on his feet. He was much smaller than Prussia was but stared up at the country like he was in charge despite the obvious size difference. "What sort of adventure strikes your fancy? I've always been fond of dragons. Maybe aliens. Or perhaps you'd just like to cause some trouble."

(Oops, I meant for Cole to climb the building >.<)

Felix frantically rushed back into the hotel, to tell Hook of his new discovery. He paused as he saw a note on the door. Gone out for a bit Felix. You'll have to wait for me lad to get back inside. Sorry. Hook. Felix sighed and decided to head back out.

Cole tried not to sigh. "Like I said, I am searching for something," Cole said. "So don't waste your time trying to talk to me." With that said, Cole proceeded with going outside the window and jumping from window sill to window sill.

Dragons? Dragons weren't real! Well, England claimed they were, but England was sort of crazy. Prussia arched an eyebrow at Puck in a silent question. The thought of a dragon was cool and all, but how could he make one come out of thin air? America has an alien friend. His name is Tony or something like that. A dragon, however, is something I have never seen. he remarked.

((Germany is the big one. Prussia is scrawny and shorter than Germany. Examle of their sizes))