makenziec123

The Calling

Meira

A door suddenly threw itself open, Meira jumped back in surprise, managing to bang her arm against the corner of a small table holding a vase full of flowers. Roses to be exact. The table shifted, (even if she didn't weigh a lot, she still weighed something) shaking the vase and sending it hurling towards the ground. Meira's mouth was open in a small 'O' as she made a grab for the vase, her right arm throbbing with sharp pain. She unsurprisingly, missed, about half a feet from her, the vase exploded into small pieces of china, water splattered everywhere, landing on her and the person who had opened the door. The wet flowers lay scattered in the mist of the broken china pieces and puddle of water.

No! No! No!

She was dead! Meira squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the slap to come. She had once spilled tea on an aristocrat girl's dress. The aristocrat had pushed her down and stomped on her repeatingly, claiming that that dress had been new. The beating was finished by delivering a shift slap to Meira's face, then she was lead away by her lover who had promised to buy her a new dress. After that experience, Meira had decided to stay away from aristocrats, male and female alike, she let her sister play their seduction games. Unlike her beautiful graceful sisters couldn't seduce anyone to save her life.

Ba-dump, ba-dump, ba-dump.

Meira counted the beats of her heart, yet no strike to her face came. Then the aristocrat spoke up, right away she registered that he was a male. However the words that came out of his mouth were words stolen from her, an apology. It was a gentle voice... Something foreign to her... It was...

Kind.

Meira allowed her eyes to open, and kneeling before her was an angel. She stared at him, dazed for a moment, before remembering her place. She was Meira. A commoner. An innkeeper's daughter. The disappointment. She should be the one apologizing, she felt disgusted with herself for thinking, even for a moment that she should be allowed to take the hand of an aristocrat. She ignored the hand, not looking at the man's eyes, that would be putting herself on his level. Pushing herself up, she gulped, it felt as if something were stuck in her throat, she found her voice, "N-no sir- It's my fault! I am very sorry- I'll go fetch towels right away!" With a respectful nod of the head, she dashed off.

Edited by mipuppy1

Navir paced quickly through the city as the acidic rain pelted his coat causing smoke and to rise from his robes and hood. "Blast this rain, why is it hot!" Navir grumbled as he started to run through the city trying to find shelter from the rain until he came across an inn "Oh thank the heavens!" he shouted as he opened the door quickly running inside patting his coat where the acid rain made slight holes. "that rain is unnaturally 'hot' isn't it" he spoke to himself which he does a lot.. He keeps his hood on despite being inside "Well seems there's a lot of people here as well!..." Navir turned to speak a girl with olive skin "Excuse me miss, sorry to interrupt but, do you know where the border guard is. I was told to talk to.. her? Yes I think he said her. About leaving the city?" Navir asked looking down on the girl.

((Oh and hello everyone!))

Edited by Fireside90

Tovan

"No, wait!" Tovan said, reaching out and grabbing her arm gently, but firmly before she could run off to far. "Look, miss, it was my fault, so please, allow me to help."

He summoned a ball of energy in his other hand, and slowly brought it to the wet spots on her clothing so he wouldn't startle her. Wherever the light went, steam rose up from the cloth and left it dry and warm. When he finished, Tovan released the girl, and dried off his robes afterwards. Even if they were ruined, he didn't mind. They were somewhat old, and he could always get new ones of need be.

"You aren't hurt, are you?" He asked worriedly. "It looked like you took quite a nasty fall."

Meira

(Hi Fire happy.gif)

"I-I'm fine... Please don't worry about someone as lowly as me!" Meira was just about begging. She knew she would be beaten for breaking the vase, however her punishment probably wouldn't be as harsh if she cleaned up- maybe she would be lucky and mother wouldn't notice the vase missing. Yeah. Who was she kidding again? Being late also didn't help her cause.

"I am terribly sorry!" She whispered again as she bowed before rushing out.

(Short post, sorry sad.gif

Tovan

"Hey, stop running off!" Tovan called after her.

However, it was too late, as she was already gone. Something really seemed off with her, acting as if he would just suddenly start to hurt her for an accident that he caused in the first place.

'It seemed like she works here.' He thought. 'Maybe I can talk to her employers and see what is going on with her.'

The young man walked downstairs and walked over to the innkeeper.

"Excuse me sir, but have you seen a girl with blonde hair done up in a bun? She's also short, and rather pretty." Tovan said, describing the girl as best he could. "You see, I kind of caused an accident upstairs, and she was acting as if it was her fault. I apologised, and tried to help, but she just ran off. Do you know why?"

((OOC: Since the innkeeper is her adopted dad, it would be best if you controled him Mi))

Meira

"Meira. Your late." Victoria her voice usually seeping in honey and sugar was ice cold. She looked down on her older sister, even though Victoria was younger, she was taller, more confident. Most people mistook Victoria as the older sister, it didn't help Meira that she was short in that case either.

"I'm s-sorry, I-I well... I-I.. What I'm-" Meira apologized, stuttering as she tried to find an excuse for why she was late. She couldn't say she bumped into the aristocrat and broken the vase- which she still needed to clean! If she told, Victoria would go squeal, but what if the aristocrat told on her? It would look better if she just came out clean now.

"Spit it out Meira!" Victoria demanded, shoving a serving platter, every space was crammed with mugs filled to the top with drinks. "Its stormy tonight, so people are going to need to find a place to stay. This is a great opportunity for us, there might even be a handsome and rich man out there that can take me away from this... Place, so, Don't. Mess. Up." With that warning, Meira was shoved out of the kitchen to meet the thirsty, mob, dripping wet from the rain.

Innkeeper

"You must mean the girl I took in, Meira." He shook his head, bring his head up to his face, like he was tired of her. "She is such a clumsy little thing, what did she do? Did you ask for tea and she spilled it all over you? She rip your bed sheets? Offended your girl?" He wasn't even listening to Tovan. Nothing Tovan said would surprise him, he was used to the complaints against Meira.

"I'm terribly sorry about her, we can give you your money back." He said wearily, he had already lose so much money thanks to Meira.

Tovan

"Sir, it was not her fault at all." Tovan explained. "I bumped into her, and caused a bit of a mess myself. Keep the money. To be honest, I should be the one giving you money since it was I who caused damage."

Tovan removed a coin purse from his cloak, and placed down a couple of gold coins before placing it back in the folds of his robe.

"That should be more than enough for compensation. Now can you tell me if Meira is alright? I'd like to speak with her to make sure."

Innkeeper

The innkeeper's hands snatched the gold greedily, his eyes shone. This was at least two weeks worth of pay. He raised a dazed hand, pointing to the door on his right, "She should be in front of the inn, helping her sisters..." He explained.

Tovan

Tovan raised an eyebrow at the innkeeper as he moved towards the door. How could he not care for his own daughter? Sure, he took her in, but that didn't give him any less of a right to treat her properly. As he steppe through the door, Tovan saw Meira and another girl, who he assume was her sister, about to walk through the door.

"Hello." He greeted. "I was told that I could find you here. I wanted to make sure you were alright."

(Hi, everyone! I'm the friend MaKenzie was talking about joining. She's going to put me up on the character sheets soon so I can join, but please, I urge you to NOT look at my character sheet! xd.png I'll post a description of his appearance in my first post. Also, mipuppy1, you are my favorite RPer in this right now. Your style. happy.gif Keeping it at a sedate pace, not rushing your development, doing it realistically with her thoughts and situation.. although I'm reminded a bit of Cinderella with the older sisters, maybe include an older brother, too?)

((OOC: They are younger sisters actually. She does in fact have brothers as well, if I am remembering her character sheet right.

I have to agree with you about her being my favorite RPer right now.))

Vonagae:

She growls when she feels acidic rain pelt her fur, but not leaving any damage. Looking to the city in which she was attacked she notices something that causes her to chuckle inwardly. All the guards are running around not paying any attention to the gate! Slinking on all fours, her large wings folded tightly against her spiked back she lopes towards the gate, looking around before sneaking in easily. 'A little to easily...' she murmurs to herself before going behind some of the houses into the shadowed alley ways. She grins and stands on her hind legs, reaching the height of 7'5, and walking calmly to a darkened house, as if no one lived there. She climbs in through an open window and sits on the floor in the middle of the small cottage.

Umbra:

Looking over to Roark she grimaces slightly, "Hopefully this will end soon." She runs her fingers through her thick hair and sighs, her pulsing tattoo's growing more vibrant as she worries about this.

Siksta and Welun:

As they watch from their nest they see a demon horror running into the city with ease. "Their not watching the Gate Siksta!" Welun exclaims happily, her dark feathers fluffing up. Siksta grins and they leap from the nest and fly swiftly towards the gates of the city.

(King: Thanks! happy.gif It does kind of remind you of Cinderella doesn't it? (Meira is going to have a rag to riches kind of story as well) She does have brothers, five in fact. (Plus four sisters, two are already married.)

Narath: Aww! *hug* Your awesome to :3)

Meira looked up, surprised. It was the aristocrat from earlier. She panicked for a moment, was he following her? Seeking to make her uncomfortable? Did father give him permission to dish out her punishments? Somehow, Meira couldn't image the aristocrat doing such a thing to her... He was different from everyone else Meira came across. Why would he bother wasting his time on her anyway? She thought to highly of herself. "I am fine, thank you sir." She assured him. It was unlikely he came just to see if she was okay, aristocrats simply just didn't do that for servants.

"May I help you with something?" the words were out of Meira's mouth before she could stop them. She could feel an icy cold glare, like lasers piercing her back. Victoria and Emma were suppose to be the ones who helped the handsome, rich men. Meira was the serving girl, she cleaned up the rooms after the guests left, Victoria and Emma were room service, while she tended to any animals their guests would have. Meira had the least human interaction because she just didn't do well around people. She lacked the charm, the grace, poise, confidence.

Tovan

"Don't worry about it. I don't think I need any help as of yet." Tovan said. "Anyways, now that we are talking with each other normally, I thought that I'd introduce myself. My name is Tovan."

The young mage bowed slightly to be polite. The girl seemed rather nice. Unlike the girls behind her that were staring daggers at Meira's back. Now that he thought about it, none of the girls family he had seen so far had shown any politeness towards her.

((OOC: Sorry, but I have to got to work. See you in a few hours.)

((Sorry for not being around lately. Storm will continue for a few days, but it won't be so bad that they can't go outside by the morning. Just the occasional lightning and harsh winds.))

Darien

Darien paced around the inn, looking out the windows occasionally. Something was wrong with the atmosphere, something had interfered. Darien was prone to mood swings at times; sometimes he'd be friendly and other times he could be cold and calculating. Right now, he felt in between moods as he looked out on Horusia. Someone had cast magic, and he knew he had to stop it. But how would he, a simple street rat from Vornapaal, solve this? 'Don't worry, Darien. You can do it,' comforted the voice in his mind.

Scolisis

Scolisis laughed as he observed Horusia's gate left ungarded due to his storm. This would make for a delightful night. First, however, he needed a tool to use. He cast a portal and warped to the nearest Horror, who turned out to be Vonagae. "Well, well, well. So a Horror finally had the guts to come into this city." Scolisis laughed as he caught sight of her. "Now, Demon, I have a job for you, so listen carefully. You are to wait until morning, in which you will attack that inn over there," he said, pointing to the inn that the Callers were at with a tendril. "Make sure to get there before they leave, or the plan will be ruined. Next, kill all inhabitants, especially Callers. That is, except for the girl with the dark tattoos and the Dark magic. Bring her to me." Scolisis laughed. "Of course, you don't HAVE to follow my orders, but I'd feel safer following them if I were you." Not waiting for a response, he flew into the night.

Edited by deathsnake951

Vonagae:

She looks at the higher demon before her. "Fine!" She growls and starts to pace in the abandoned house, her paws making muffled thumps as she walks. Her large wings spread wide as they can before folding.

Umbra:

Getting an uneasy feeling in the atmosphere of the city she reaches into the void and draws a few throwing daggers. She looks outside and spots a disappearing figure go into the alley way. Turning she looks at the others, "Guys, I think there are horrors getting into the city."

Meira

Meira tested the waters carefully, "I-I'm Meira..." She did the best curtsy (Its a Barbie movie suddenly xd.png) she could without spilling anything, naturally one of the mugs flew off the side and splattered all over her shoes, big, fat, brown droplets hitting the rim of her dress. Victoria cleared her throat, as her older sister gently set down the platter to fetched a couple dirty towels before bending down to wipe up the mess.

"I'm terribly sorry about my sister, sir." Victoria's red lips curled into an apologetic and seductive smile, it didn't seem to reach her cold hazel colored eyes, her voice was honey sweet and alluring. She advanced towards Tovan, "She is a bit... Troubled." Victoria explained, placing a delicate hand on the aristocrat's back. She leaned close to him, fluttering her long brown lashes, she smelled of roses and daisies. This was it, a chance to be swept into a world of fancy gowns, priceless sparkling jewels with a handsome, young and rich man by her side. Unlike those ugly old men who drooled over her- sure they were rich, but old men weren't very appealing. Her other two sisters had caught good men, she would get the best. Victoria couldn't wait to see the look on Ivy's face, Ivy who had boasted about her new husband before she got up and left her family. Thinking about it filled Victoria with glee.

Meira watched as her younger sister lead the man out. She knew he was a goner, no man had ever resisted Victoria's charms. Yet this was the first time Meira felt like the air had been sucked out of her, like someone had struck her stomach. This was one of the few men who had been genuinely kind to her, but soon, he would leave, taking her sister with him.

(Noo! Narath! Don't goooooooooooooo.... *echo* *echo*)

Edited by mipuppy1

"Hmm? Oh, I'm not sure. She's not here I don't think. I haven't seen her since this afternoon." Talibah replied as she turned towards a hooded figure that had just come through the door.

"I wonder how long we'll all be stuck here?" She thought aloud, not really asking anyone in particular.

~~~~~

Roark moved to stand next to Umbra and peered out the window into the thick, acidic rain, plopping down and turning the cobbled streets brown as it ate away at all the dirt between and on top of the stones.

"I don't see any... I'm not sure how many Horrors like acid, but if they are getting into the city, I'm sure the guards will go after them once the rain stops." The soldier reassured her, gently placing one arm around her.

((I agree. I really like your style puppy smile.gif ))

Zeruk

(Don't look at my character sheet! D: xd.png)

(Appearance: A 12-year-old boy, average size, brown hair, skin not quite tan, but not quite white. He wears a peach-coloured shirt reminiscent of the peasant-shirts worn in medieval times, along with brown pants and brown overalls to keep them up. This is accompanied by brown boots with, well, brown laces. He has a bit of acne)

Zeruk laid on his bed in the inn, his hands behind his head. He stared at the ceiling, wondering. What to do, what to do... He hadn't exactly been seen by the innkeeper when he had sneaked in yesterday. He had felt the oncoming rain, felt the magic that would cause it to burn the skin it touched - and clothes it touched, given enough time. Perhaps even the roof of the inn would melt away if the rain persisted for a day or two.

He was glad now to have chosen this inn. He had seen a group come in, and perhaps he could get to know some people. Blinking his blue eyes, he got up. His eyes roamed over the bare room once again - he had not brought any belongings, feeling like he didn't need any. He only needed the clothes on his back - though even that was debatable. The room was nice. The day before, he had hidden himself as a pretty blonde girl came in to clean it. He hadn't heard her name, only her humming a tune to herself lowly. He wasn't ready to go and meet anyone else quite yet, though.

He walked up to the window and looked out it. His reflection in the low candle-light was blurry, hard to see. But he practiced a smile, and the image came into focus: A young, trustworthy-looking boy who was perhaps too young to be on his own, and too weak to do any fighting.

(Busy for a while today, so I didn't start any interactions smile.gif )

((Holy flying pygmies. You're an amazing roleplayer, mipuppy, and Meria feels *no offense intended to anyone* the most "human" here. In my opinion, anyways.

AND OH MY GOODNESS, I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING! I swore I posted already, then I checked back, and well... >.<))

Selye looked at the group of people that was gathered there with her head slightly inclined to the right. I wonder if everyone here is a caller. Myself not included, I'm only here to join the border guards.

Callers and their dragons... I wonder what it would be like to have a voice in your head all the time. It sounds annoying when stated, that's for sure. Absentmindedly, she looked outside. Come to think of it, I don't remember the border guard's name. What was it... Helenna? Hallanna? Helahna? Halenela? Whatever, I'm sure it'll come to me later. Shaking her head, she started to head to the inn for a quick bite to eat. Before I forget... Seyle counted the amount of coins in her hand, then looked up at the price for a room. Walking over, she pressed the coins into the hand of the girl who payed for the rooms.

((Edit: Derp. Again?))

Edited by beiningtian

Naivr smiled and bowed slightly "thank you miss." He said politely and turned his head to listen to Umbra speak and turned to face her still smiling as he always does "Well if you were the people I saw at the border gate, fending off the horrors earlier. Then what do they think they can do if the same people who beat them earlier are still here and all together?" He said as he walked to the window looking out of it "Never liked horrors, never really saw any where I came from but there appears to be a heck of a lot of them here!" He laughed still keeping an eye on the storm. "I didn't even knew they existed for a while!" he laughed out as he looked around the sky, to examine the storm.

(I still have to get back into the game, myself - I haven't roleplayed for a while. Let me try first person...)

Zeruk

I put my forehead against the window pane and could hear the slight sizzling the windows were experiencing with each drop. It wasn't rain, was it? There were many thoughts going through my mind, as I hadn't decided... but I should. I closed my eyes, and began taking deeper and deeper breaths. Some part of me... yes, I brought it to the surface.

I opened my eyes. I saw the same reflection as before, but something was different. Turning back from the window, I felt an unease take me. What if no one else likes me? What if they tell on me, and I'm kicked out? That rain might hurt...

I bit my lip and turned the doorknob anyways. Nothing I could do would change it. All I could do was hope, and be as nice as I could. The blonde girl had looked a little sad earlier - maybe I could cheer her up? No, of course not - I'm just a dumb boy, she wouldn't think anything of me. Maybe it'd just be best to find out where she was, though... I opened the door slowly, peeking out the slit to make sure no one was coming from that side. I then pulled it further out and looked right, hoping no one was there - if so, me hiding here could be ruined. My heart was thumping in my chest, but no one was there. Thank goodness...

I grimaced in hunger and tried to push any thoughts of food away. It didn't help that I hadn't eaten since the early morning, when I could sneak into the kitchen and get what I needed, nothing more. Except a cookie. That was good.

Drudging up my bravery, I stepped fully out into the hall and turned toward where I had learned the maidservants lived in my exploration of the inn that morning. I figured she was there, that blonde girl (Meira). A couple hallways later, I stopped before a corner as I did with the other corners. I heard some voices, too low to be recognizable, but after peeking around the corner, I had seen it! An open doorway, a guy in old wizard-looking robes, a prissy girl, and the pretty blonde one! The prissy one seemed to be trying to lead the guy out, which was perfectly fine by me. The pretty one, though... She looked upset. I frowned. Why?

(If my char is OOC - out of character - sometimes, trust me, there's a reason why... usually.)

Kiar

Kiar folded her wings to her side, a look of dissaproaval crossed her face as she noticed that the first horrors began sneaking in, the gate having been not guarded. "They should know better than that." She hissed to herself, steadying herself on her perch as she unfurled her wings and got ready for flight. With a powerful stroke, she lifted into the air with a grunt. The fast-flowing wind swirled around her and ruffled her feathers.

Kiar clasped her wings to her side and made a steep dive towards the city. She twisted in the air, once, twice, before sending out a gust of an illusion. "The perfect thing." She cackled to herself, throwing her head back as she neared towards the gate. If anyone'd see her in the illusion, she would look like any normal bird swooping down towards the city.

Umbra:

She giggles softly and lightly rests her head on Roark's shoulder. "I think with all these guys around I have nothing to worry about." Turning she spots someone talking to them. A tall guy... Her skin pales even more than the pasty gray it was. "You mean me almost dying, me almost killing my new friends, and me being an idiot...If you call that fighting then I'm a unicorn." She rolls her eyes "Sorry, I'm just a bit upset by being taunted by something as evil as a demon horror." She blushes a darker gray before looking up at Roark and smiling sheepishly.

Navir frowned slightly, as he didn't expect the lady to get offended at it "I am sorry miss, I guess it is not so 'exciting' when you are the one fighting I guess.. I should know that by now but I can never seem to understand it, oh well" he shrugs pulling away from the window and gives a bow to Umbra "I didn't mean to bother you, I apologize... Well I guess I will leave you alone then." he said as he stood straight again and not wanting to bother the lady again, gave another bow before walking to the desk to rent a room. Reaching into a large coin pouch pulling out a more then decent sized handful of coins then putting the coins that aren't needed back handing the ones to pay for his room to the lady behind the counter "This should be enough for a room I believe" he then smiled and turned to a girl with silver hair, Selye, "Oh hello miss." he bowed to her as he usually does to introduce him self "Sorry didn't see you there" he said as he stood up and looked down onto the girl. his robes slightly burned due to the acidic rain.

Edited by Fireside90