makenziec123

The Calling

((Check the OOC :3 Oh, also, Harpies have been added smile.gif ))

"I don't see any Horrors... All I see is that storm." Roark replied to the girl, aiming his arrow towards a mass of swirling black clouds.

"I'm going to try shooting at it to see what happens." He said, drawing his six-foot-four frame up to its full height and letting an arrow fly off towards the cloud.

For a moment, nothing happened. But then all of a sudden, Roark's arrow seemed as if it had been hurled back at him- piercing right through his thick armor and driving itself deeply into his shoulder.

He cried out as he fell back from the force of the hit, falling to the hard streets.

He grimaced and ground his teeth at the stinging pain in his shoulder.

"What the h*ll was that...?" He thought to himself, his vision starting to go fuzzy from the pain.

Hannalea was already charging through the crowd, trying to get everyone to safety, so she hadn't noticed Roark's fall.

Edited by makenziec123

Umbra:

She gasps and runs over to Roark, "Hold still or this will hurt...Actually it'll hurt anyways..." She puts her hand on his chest and yanks hard on the shaft of the arrow. It comes with a very hard tug but with a lot of blood. She rips a long strip of fabric from her skirt as a bandage. "I'll try and heal you once we get you somewhere safe." She murmurs to herself and the ground shakes a little as a skeleton warrior emerges and sticks its hand out to help with Roark. "By the way, I'm Umbra." She smiles a little before putting His arm across her shoulders to help him up.

Roark gasped in pain as the tattooed girl pulled the arrow from his shoulder, grimacing as she helped him to his feet.

He heard her say that her name was Umbra...

"...'M Roark." he mumbled, stumbling slightly as they ran for cover.

((Maybe everyone should meet up at the Three Broomsticks with Jacen and Talibah?))

Umbra:

She Takes him into the tavern, spotting two of the others from before. De-summoning the skeleton she Roark and looks at the place where the arrow pierced. "This may sting a little." She revels in her mind until she finds the spell her mother taught her. "Si irisv nomeno sthyr ihk jacida versvesh geou. Si irisv jacion ekess lleisgar tenamalo vur xkhat vi arytiss." Her hands glow slightly as she waves them over the wound on Roark's shoulder, he would feel a sharp stinging before it goes away and his shoulder is numb. She sees the wound close itself and she sighs, sitting on a chair near him. "You okay??" She asks.

Before Talibah could respond to Jacen, the girl from their earlier fight and a boy she didn't recognize burst through the door, the boy with a wound on his shoulder.

"Should we see if they need help...?" She asked, turning back to Jacen.

~~~~~

Roark grimaced as the wound in his shoulder closed up, glad he was already in a chair or he might have just keeled over right then and there.

He looked up at his savior for the first time with eyes that were clear. Across the table from him sat a beautiful girl with tattoos sprawling across her skin, which was stark white by comparison. The somewhat socially awkward boy began to babble;

"Y-Yeah. I-I'm great. Awesome. Fantastic, even!" He laughed loudly, then quieted down.

"Uh... Sorry. I'm Roark. You said your name was Umbra, right?" He smiled shyly.

Umbra:

She giggles and smiles patting his cheek softly "Yup, It's Umbra." She smiles and asks "Would you like anything to eat or drink? It's on me." Being raised from a rich family had its quirks, like having loads of money. She looks at her tattered skirt and rips it more to make it look like it was meant to be torn up. She looks back at the Man, her facial tattoo's surrounding her eyes like a mask almost.

((I did, it's just kinda tiny. Sorry ^^'

It's in the last post I made before this one.))

Edited by makenziec123

Jacen

"I do not know." Jacen answered nervously. "I have no idea how to treat wounds."

In any case, it looked like the man was being handled very well by the woman with him.

((Urg, timeskip because I don't want to type the entire fight out.))

Selye looked up at the sky worriedly again. The guide had to turn back due to the thunderstorm not making the "beetle" safe to ride into town, and now she was on her own across the plains. Really, he wasn't so bad....

Selye shook her head and contiued walking, senses alert. The thunderstorm was making her nervous, it felt too... Unnatural, not because the lightning was purple, though she supposed that being adverse to lightning *might* be the reason for her unease. But there was something else nagging at her as well... Something that she felt should be painfully obvious, but... She can't think of what it was. The air smelled of ozone, the sky was dark, lightning made occasionally flickers across the sky, and the wind was high enough. But....

"Rain!" ****it, it WAS painfully obvious! And she called herself a hydromancer! Selye looked up again, then at the city, and started running. She did NOT want to get caught outside when the storm would be unleashed!

Darien

Darien and Amanda ran through the crowd, and finally came to a local tavern. Lightning flashed outside, and citizens fled in all directions. "So, who are you, why do you have my watch, and do you have something to do with this?" asked Darien, gesturing towards the weather.

Amanda threw open the door, stilling dragging the boy by his sleeve until they were both safely inside.

She felt her fingertips singe his sleeve slightly before she was able to pull her hand away.

She frowned and held the watch up so that she could examine it. It didn't take her long to feel the freezing magical energy coming off of it.

"How could I possibly have anything to do with that?" She asked, gesturing out the window at the purple lightning striking the ground.

"I control fire, not the weather. If I could do that I would've sent this thing away by now." She explained shortly, handing him back his watch.

"Oh, and you're welcome, by the way. I got your watch back from that thief and just saved your hide from being disintegrated by some freak purple lightning." Amanda added, her still burning cloak tied around her neck.

~~~~~

Talibah looked around the small tavern confusedly.

'What's this about purple lightning? What storm?" She asked, still sitting next to Jacen as their butterbeers arrived.

Ever the curious creature, the girl whose name meant "Seeker of Truth" looked out the window... just in time to see a man get struck by the strange lightning, leaving behind nothing but a small pile of ash in the breeze.

She yelped and jumped back-accidentally knocking into Jacen and tipping both of them onto the floor.

~~~~~

Raork smiled back at the beautiful woman, not quite sure what to think.

"Would it be impolite to ask her for something to drink...? I think I can pay for it on my own..." He thought, reaching towards his belt, but then found that his money pouch was missing.

"Well censorkip.gif." He thought to himself, looking up at her again almost apologetically.

"I'll just have a water, thanks. Magic always leaves a funny taste in my mouth." He explained, wrinkling his nose like a dog who just stuck his nose in pepper, trying and get her to laugh again.

Edited by makenziec123

Darien

"Thank you, I guess?" Darien hesitantly said, annoyed at Amanda's attitude. "Well, I'. glad you helped me, but I'm a bit busy right now. I've got to go meet someone in approximately-" said Darien as he checked his watch, "12 minutes. That is, unless you are leaving for the Badlands too?"

Umbra:

She giggles and winks at him before going up to the counter "Apple Ale and a Water." She lays the money on the counter and the Bar Tender gives her a mug of Apple Ale and A glass of water. She returns with their drinks and sips her Apple Ale. "So, Do you have your Companion yet? Or will you get one?" She crosses her legs and looks at him with her beautiful eyes, completely curious about him.

Siksta and Welun:

"Geez could you not fly aaannny slower!" Welun asks Siksta, angry already for her being so slow. "Not My fault I just ate the head of a Dead Puzzle." Rolling her eyes Siksta lands and walks a little ways, her long talons digging into the dry soil. Her rainbow feathers are dull in the dark sky. Welun looks up at the sky after she lands, sighing "Great somethings wrong, shouldn't we go were somethin is up?" Shaking her head no Siksta continues walking, back to their hanging nest. "Well I'm going to go find out..." Screeching Siksta launches herself at Welun, her long talons curling around her flock mates neck. "No you won't you will stay in the nest until we find out whats up with the weather!"

Edited by Sylviinael

"Are you kidding me? You can't go outside right now. Did you not see that man just get killed out there?" Amanda scoffed, pointing to the window.

"You're staying in here until it passes. I think whoever you're meeting would rather have you alive than on time." She reminded him.

"Here, try this-" She said, pulling a small mechanical messenger pigeon out of her messenger bag (sorry I love these things xd.png) along with a writing quill, ink pot, and some paper.

"Write a message to them and then I'll send it with a fire protection charm on it." She smiled, her kinder, less spoiled side starting to come out.

"I'm Amanda by the way. Amanda Clover. Kind of an ironic name for a family of mire mages." She said almost as a side note, not really caring whether or not anyone else heard.

((Sniped again! tongue.gif hang on... smile.gif

Okay! biggrin.gif Wow Sylv your Harpies are vicious xd.png ))

~~~~~

Roark picked up his water and took a sip, then replied;

"Not yet. This weekend Hannalea is taking me to her training camp for a few days... then I'll et to meet my Companion." He smiled.

"Have you ever wondered what your Companion is going to be like? Or how long they've been waiting for you? He asked, mulling the thoughts he had so often asked himself over once more.

"Mine sounds like it has a girl's voice... I bet I'll get something really fast and ferocious- like a Bleeding Moon dragon." He grinned.

Edited by makenziec123

Jacen

"I don't know." Jacen said as he eyed the butterbeer with interest.

It certainly smelled good. He was about to take a sip, but was suddenly knocked down from his chair. When he looked up, he saw that Talibah had been the one that knocked him down. That, and he spilled butterbeer all over them both.

"Are you alright Talibah?" He said worriedly.

Umbra:

She giggles "Mine definetly has a guy's voice. And he seems really mean at times. But I bet you its Maybe a Hell Horse or somethin!" She grins and sips on her Ale. "She's taking me to the camp also. After I got whooped by a demon Horror and Almost Killed A Puzzle but made it flee." She blinks for a second. 'I'm growing impatient, Finish your test so we can finally meet...'

Vonagae:

Sighing and lying in wait she grows terribly bored. She decides to think of different ways to slaughter a human.

Siksta:

She growls and slaps her flock mate before releasing her and letting her cough. Turning her head she looks at the sky as dark purple lightning hits the ground in the barred city.

Welun:

Choking she gasps and keels on the ground, wiping her mouth she glares at her old friend and shakes her head. Advancing towards her she screeches loudly and leaps at her, her sharp talons clutching the other harpies shoulders harshly. Turning the two female harpies start to fight mid-air, blood spraying on the ground as they tear at each other with talons like steel. "STOP!" Turning both girls spot a male puzzle on the ground below them. "Get in you nest!" The puzzle says, Welun looks at Siksta and shrugs both of them flying to the nest and watch the puzzle lick the blood from the ground.

A mad dash and slide under the city gate left Selye with some scrapes and cuts, but otherwise unharmed. Standing up and breathing heavily from the run, it took Selye a few moments to realize that the gates with their wheels and other bits and bobs were curiously unattended.

What in the world....? She looked around, unnerved, seeing barely anyone on the streets, and all who were, were running for homes, inns, taravens, any place inside. Selye swallowed. This can't be good....

All of a sudden, the world lit up a bright magenta, forcing her to advert her eyes, and a man's scream was heard for barely a moment before it cut out. When she looked back, there was only a small pile of ash. Selye made an odd sound in her throat and shuddered. I better get inside, and quick!

She barely ran a meter before the rain started falling. The rain felt of fire, and she heard unlucky ((herself included, she supposed.)) people who still didn't make it in on time get drenched in the stuff. Biting her lip, she made a beeline toward the nearest inn and, yanking open the door, crashed on the floor, leaning against the nearest wall, resting for a few moments before checking her injuries.Wh-what?! What in the world WAS that storm?! She was defienitly burned. Selye sank back with a groan. Well, whatever, she'll check on them later....

Roark smiled back at Umbra, before he heard a crash and saw two people on the floor, covered in butterbeer.

"Wait, is that...?"

"Talibah?" A very confused Roark asked. What was she doing here?

~~~~~

Talibah was still facing the window where the man was just killed, but somehow still nodded.

Finally snapping herself back into the present, she looked at Jacen.

"I'm fine..." She said softly.

"A bit on the sticky side, but otherwise fine." She chuckled, standing up and offering him her hand.

Sorry for knocking you over. You can have my butterbeer if you want." She flashed him another winning smile.

"Roark? I thought you were still back in Aresia!" Talibah exclaimed, stunned to see her old friend in this of all places.

~~~~~

((Imma save this spot so I can post for Amanda later tongue.gif

Also, is Selye in the Three Broomsticks now or somewhere else?))

Edited by makenziec123

Jacen

"Guess it's my turn to be helped up, huh?" Jacen said, shooting back a smile, though it wasn't one to compete with her's. "Don't worry about the butterbeer. It is just a drink after all. You keep yours."

When Talibah recognised the injured man from earlier, Jacen looked from one to the other in shock.

"Wait, you two know each other?"

Who was this man? Were they just friends? Something more maybe? Suddenly, Jacen felt a little worried.

"Oh! Jacen, this is an old friend of mine. You see, I tend to just drift around from town to town and I got in a bit of a fix one day with a horde of Puzzles. If not for his good eyesight and that bow of his I'd be dead right now!" She laughed, even though it wasn't much of a laughing matter.

She took Jacen's arm again and brought him over so that she could properly introduce them.

"Roark, this is Jacen. Jacen, meet Roark." She smiled.

((I'll add more later >.<))