makenziec123

The Calling

((OOC: @Modest Why you little! I'm going to give you the glaring of a lifetime. <__< ))

Navir turned his head to Talibah as she asked about the herbs and sat up right in his seat and smiled as he loved to talk about them, as they are from his home which he adores and misses dearly "Well the name of the herbs I can not say as there really is no name for them. but they are commonly used by healers in my town for treatment of attacks. It will help prevent infection and speed up the healing process." Navir said as he looked to the bandages scratching his chin "some people saw it as an opportunity for business to make bandages woven with the herbs and sell them for large amounts of silver" he said as he stretched a bit glancing out the window wondering if there would be any more horrors today "So I managed to get some before I left to.. well here" he said as he motioned out the window, implying he meant the town. "They work surprisingly well so you should be alright with it"

"Thank you both." Talibah said politely, looking from Navir to Jacen.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I didn't catch your name. I'm Talibah." She said with a smile.

"I wonder where that Horror went. It seemed like it really didn't like you, Roark." The dark haired girl said thoughtfully, glancing over at her friend.

"It threw that fireball right at you! Er, I think it did anyways. After it bit me I couldn't really tell what was going on anymore." She said almost sheepishly, like she was embarrassed that she was taken down so easily and caught off guard like that.

She'd taken on entire hordes of Puzzles, survived a Giant attack, killed at least two Slashers, but she couldn't take out one measly Demon Horror? She should have known better than to just jump out the window all on her own and think that it wouldn't attack her while the other came outside. That kind of carelessness could have gotten her killed.

"I'll just have to be more careful next time." She decided.

Navir smiled and gave her a slight nod "pleasure to meet you Talibah, I am Navir Rondook" he said then leaned back in his chair looking out the window trying to look for any signs of the horror that attacked or for any other horrors that decided to walk in seeing as the gate was left unguarded. "If the acid rain keeps up the horrors in this city have an advantage on us, we either wait and hope the border guard from the gate comes and the rain stops or try to figure out what we can do to stop it" he said still looking out the window, sitting straight again.

"Or we could wait and see if the rain loses it's acidity, or it could just blow over. It'd probably blow over faster if someone could bring in another normal rainstorm and push this one off." Roark chipped in.

"Wait, does anybody know if they actually struck that Horror? if we could track it down that'd be one less creature for the border guards to deal with." He added, almost as an after thought.

Edited by makenziec123

Navir sounded elated at the idea of using a normal rain storm "That's a great idea, who can do that?" he said cheerily looking around at the small group for anyone to raise their hands or speak up, he looks to Roark again then raised his hands "yes, I hit it, only slightly though" he said as he stood up and stretched, a bit too lazy from siting in one place for so long.

Darien

Darien stood quietly, surveying the room for a few seconds. Finally, he spoke up. "The rain has to end at some point, because whoever cast it can't hold it up forever, especially if they're far away. However, until then, we've got to have some plan to deal with the Horrors, because I don't think they're done."

Carbus

Carbus raced across the streets of Horusia, slashing random people hiding in tents and under statues. He turned and caught sight of an inn: The Three Broomsticks.

(Aww Narath, King just wants some interaction, be nice *hugs both of you*)

Meira

Darling, I sense distress. Come, now tell me, what did Emma do this time?A motherly voice cooed. At the same time as being motherly, it was regal, like a beautiful queen's.

Nothing. I'm just getting kicked out, Emma might convince my mother and father to sell me as a prostitute. Meira didn't say her thought out loud, she just thought it and the voice knew.

'The Voice' was someone who had been with her since she was 12, she comforted Meira in her worst times, she liked to think that The Voice was a parting gift from the boy. After he left was when The Voice had started talking to her. The voice always beckoned Meira to leave, leave her family and go seek the mountains, to find her.

Meira jumped, startled as a someone knocked on her door. She slowly got up to answer it, however the boy had already walked in. "Hello?" She called curiously, he was by far the most adorable child she had laid eyes on. She fought the impulse to hug and squish him, and to fight the grimace of pain off her face. Her sides ached, but she forced on a pleasant smile, "What can I help you with? Are you lost perhaps?"

Victoria

Victoria looked at the aristocrat, her eyes narrowed in suspicion as she dusted the portrait of her father. "What do you want with my sister?" She finally asked. What does she have that I don't?

Kiar

Kiar glided down towards the city skillfully and gracefully, her feathers ruffling in the wind. She dropped suddenly, the wind rushing and wipping past her face. Her talons scraped across wood, making an eerie screeching sound that echoed across the area around her. Six, goodly sized claw marks were left on the cover of the roof. Kiar glanced around suspiciously, her eyes narrowed. What a pity it would be if her mission ended so fast; if she were to be found out already. Stealthily, she clambered down, dropping onto the street below as she folded her wings to her side and waddled along the path. Every once in a while, she would dive at the humans, slashing and pecking at them, occasionally burning them with her fire magic, leaving the dazed (and sometimes dead) people behind, lying face-down.

((She's still in bird disguise, but she can still use her fire.))

The Raven:

It watches as it and the Wolf Horror were taken somewhere, a cave in the land of Horrors! It looks around before flying away out of the cave and back to its Mistress.

Umbra:

"He will be returning soon I think." She looks at Roark worriedly before looking up to see a very tired looking Raven. Its eyes glow slightly as the magic in its interesting veins flow "Plisoiv si ehtaha wer kaldaka juglanth. Jaciv ui persvek wer thaczil di wer malsvir rekisixi!" Looking at Roark she speaks up "He said he found the Horror and where she lives."

Tovan

"I just want to make sure that she was doing fine." Tovan replied. "Look, I know that I pushed you off, but you were being rather rude to your sister at the time. I only try to be nice to people, and stand up for those who can't themselves."

((Mreh. My man XP *hugs King*))

"That's great! Now we just have to come up with a way to-" He was cut off by a scream outside.

Rushing over to the window, he peered outside into the rain.

You guys heard that too, right? That scream?" The tall soldier asked, thinking that maybe his ears were playing tricks on him.

Navir nodded standing up, practically slouching a bit to stand straight and walked to the window as well looking out of it to the outside "I did, and it sounded not to far from here either." He said as he slowly placed his hand on his bow taking it and looking around the outside, his eyes narrowed as he looked around. trying to find what caused the screaming or who screamed. making an arrow of light as he pulled it out of the quiver.

Edited by Fireside90

Roark mimicked the much taller man next to him- drawing his bow and quietly notching an arrow.

"Should we check it out?" He asked, watching the rain with wolf-like eyes, searching for any kind of movement.

Then he turned back towards the people in the inn.

"Is anyone here a water magician? If you know even a little magic, we just need someone to clear away the rain for a moment so we can see outside." The soldier stated, looking from one face to the next in search of a volunteer.

Jacen

"Think nothing of it Talibah." Jacen replied as he continued to gently wrap the bandage. "I'm only doing what anyone else should."

When he finished wrapping them, he carefully secured them in place.

"That isn't too tight is it?" He asked.

Talibah moved her arm experimentally, making sure she could still move it as well as she could before she got bitten.

"It's just right." She smiled, standing back up and giving Jacen a gentle hug as another thank you.

She looked around and saw people gathered at the window once more with their weapons drawn.

"I know a little bit, but if you want me to give you more than about six seconds I'm gonna need someone else's help." She replied.

"That, and I'm not so sure I want to get attacked again…" She thought, unconsciously bringing her hand up to her bandages, which were surprisingly soft from the plants, she supposed.

~~~~~

Amanda's head just wouldn't stop spinning for some reason.

She could feel her chest tightening up every time she glanced at the window. AT all of the rain pattering down outside.

"Crap, I knew I was afraid of water, but that's not even really water!" She thought, gasping slowly and deeply, like a fish on a dry riverbank.

"Ugh... Why now? It didn't bother me before... Unless..." The brunette's head shot up, panic filling her eyes as she scrambled to find a chair before she hit the floor.

"No, please not her. Anyone but her!" The terrified hydrophobe thought, fear invading her mind like a disease.

~~~~~

Jezabelle dashed through the streets as silently as a shadow- absorbing the acidic rain as she moved, the dark nymph-like creature craved this kind of strange weather.

She sniffed, sorting through the scents of the rainy city until she found the one she was looking for.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't my favorite little fire mage." The demon smirked.

Edited by makenziec123

Navir kept his bow drawn but noticed Amanda desperately make her way for a chair, slightly confused and worried he walked along the windows to her looking down on her while glancing out the window every now and again "Are you alright miss? You seem a bit flustered" he said, his voice sounding worried and confused at the same time. He wondered what was wrong with the girl, did controlling that fireball tire her out he thought. he occasionally glanced out the window to make sure what ever caused that screaming wasn't here.

((Mind if Darien comes to help Amanda?))

Carbus

Carbus flashed towards the Three Broomsticks, faster than seemed possible. He flew through the window in a huge tinkle of glass breaking, seeming invisible to the humans. Finally, he stopped moving and revealed his form. People screamed as Carbus withdrew his huge claws and slashed at the tables.

Navir grew a bit mad and turned to the horror that just jumped through the window "Why did you do that to that perfectly nice window" he shouted as he launched the arrow he had notched earlier towards it "Stop breaking this Inn!" he shouted to it as he fired his arrow

Edited by Fireside90

((Fixed!))

Amanada stumbled back as the Horror just through the window, feeling her nerve coming back to her slightly.

She forcefully took hold of the magic inside of her- forming it into a small but powerful orb between her hands and launching it at the creature's stomach, though it had already turned invisible.

She just hoped that the little fireball would hit it's target and send it flying back out into the rain so that none of the bystanders would get hurt.

((Wait, when did another window break?))

Edited by makenziec123

Carbus

Carbus leaped out of the way, going into invisible mode again. He swerved around the inn, slicing at the Caller with his claws.

((didn't Talibah break a window to get out to hold up the rain?))

Navir a bit annoyed with this slicer puts a faint barrier, hard to see unless you are looking for it, around him self so if the slicer attempts to slice again he would run into the barrier he put up "annoying creature" he said as he put back his bow taking out his crystal blade waiting for the slicer to run into his barrier so he can get a shot at it