makenziec123

The Calling

Roark reacted on pure instinct- notching his bow and circling around to the last place he had seen the Horror after it had burst through the window.

"Seems familiar, eh Talibah?" The soldier smirked, not taking his eyes off of his surroundings.

He heard his old friend give a small laugh in response and a slight rustling noise as she pulled her twin khopesh blades from her bag.

Suddenly, his vision was much improved- letting him just barely see the haze of magic in the air.

He smiled.

~~~~~

"Just like old times." Talibah spoke, channeling what small amount of magic she had to Roark so that he could get a glimpse of the Horror- she knew he probably wouldn't be able to see it clearly, but he could at least see a vague outline of the thing so that he wouldn't get his head chopped off by an invisible saber-finger.

(*smiles* Thanks, mipuppy. Thanks, makenziec123.)

Zeruk

Zeruk shook his head to Meira's questions. He saw the pain she was in and walked forward, not saying anything and just...

Lightly hugging her, careful to not put painful pressure on her sides. "People were mean to you," he said as he let go. "I don't like that," Zeruk continued, stepping back and looking up into her eyes. Memories of his hunger pains when he was younger flared up, and his smile became a tad forced as he remembered the times he was beaten for stealing food. He had had to learn how to be sneaky on the outside and inside, so...

He could understand her pain, and her attempts to hide it. Or at least, he thought he did. "I'm Zeruk," he introduced, "and I don't want you to be living here if it has such mean people." The boy then gave off a truer mischievous smile. "We can run away, 'n I can show you the ropes of survivin' on your own. I had'ta learn," he admitted with downcast eyes, "but it's all good now because I can teach you and make everything better."

He was so confident in his words, his new goal... The power of youth, staggering sometimes.

"Pack light."

(biggrin.gif I'm here to saaaave yooooouu mipuppy!)

((Goofball, everyone calls me Mak on here tongue.gif

Hey Death can you make a post for Darien since you said you wanted him to help Amanda please? smile.gif))

Umbra:

"Si lasau wer darastrixi di wer loex ekess faestir ve!" She says swiftly a floating ball opens and little undead welplings come swarming out, heading straight for the horror that shot through the window. Their noses are the best for tracking, even when something is invisible. They swarm at the Horror and start biting, clawing, and breathing dark flame on the horror.

Vonagae:

Growling she paces in her cave, "Stupid Callers....I must follow orders..." Using her smoke magic she reappears at the Tavern, Noticing two other Horrors. "My time." She bellows a howl and leaps through the broken window, lunging at the girl 'Umbra'. She growls and walks behind her, her claws at Umbra's throat and a paw over her mouth. "I would watch your Backs Callers!" She says in a hoarse voice.

Siksta and Welun watch the other harpy kill humans. "Maybe we should flock with her?" Welun asks Siksta.. "Maybe..."

Navir hastily took down the barrier and dashed, surprisingly light on his feat and quick, to the horror behind Umbra and raised his blade slightly and jabbed it forward aiming to separate the two from each other, aiming for the front part of the horrors chest carefully trying his best to not cut Umbra in the process but he is not the greatest in sword play. "Why are there so many of you!?" he shouted as he was dashing and jabbed his sword towards the horror.

((Also.. I think I better say that I never really got into a lot of combat in Forum Role plays, and the ones I did were based on 'The attacker emotes the attack, the defender emotes either getting hit or defending' But this seems different..

what I am guessing is, you can emote/write that you caused damaged to a person. like the wold horror-thing did to Talibah, or the slasher horror is doing but you can't really kill them without consent, is that correct?))

Vonagae:

She just curls her wings around the Girl, disappearing with her in her arms. Reappearing back in Umbra's little cottage.

Umbra:

Struggling against the strong grip of the Horror she starts to get very weak from the strain.

((OOC: It is a bit of a combination of the two. I like the former mostly. You should only forcibly have an injury (the latter) every once in a while, otherwise you are power-playing/god modding))

((K, sorry. So when's this Jezebelle fellow coming?

Carbus

Carbus pinwheeled around, only to be hit by a barrage of attacks. He scowled in pain and crashed through the window again, this time not breaking any glass.

Darien

Darien slashed at where the Horror had been a second ago with an icy blade he had formed, but felt nothing. He slashed again and again, but still found nothing. Finally, he gasped with exhaustion and stopped. "I think it might be gone. Everyone ok?" he asked, breathing heavily.

((Sorry I've been gone all day guys. My cousin is in town so you can tote my characters wherever you need to if I'm inactive for most of the day. Anybody need me to post anything?

And Jezabelle's probably coming within the next page or two. Depends on where this goes smile.gif Maybe everybody should move/split off slightly from the main group, that way all the Horrors in the city right now aren't attacking the same place. Also, I know it seems like there are a lot of horrors, but compared to how big Horusia really is, this is a comparitively small amount. Like, Xpaurel is continent-sized, and it's only divided up into three parts, sooo... yeah smile.gif ))

Amanda finally got a hold of herself, just in time for a Horror to come crashing in through the window.

Barely having enough time to react, much less get away, she was thrown back by the sheer force of the Horror coming through the window, the mix of fear she felt as the water came in and the forward momentum of the creature caused her to shove her chair back violently, so much so that her chair couldn't keep up with her demands and tipped over, the brunette's head being slammed down into the floor, knocking her out.

((don't judge meh tongue.gif))

~~~~~

"NO!" Roark yelled as he watched the Horror from before reappear, taking Umbra with it.

He jumped after the two, just barely catching the tail end of the creature's magic before it slipped away with the pale tattooed girl.

For a moment after they landed, the soldier's ears rung and he had to support himself against the wall, but once he got his bearings he pulled out a dagger and slashed at the horror, drunkenly determined to save the other girl.

~~~~~

Talibah felt a small snap as Roark and Umbra were pulled away by the wolfish horror, her magical connection the Roark severed.

She held her blades out at the ready, still unsure whether or not the Slasher Horror had already left.

"Are you sure it's gone?" She asked, glaring at the empty space of the broken window pane.

Edited by makenziec123

Vonagae:

Using a furry fist she hits the girls temple hard, knocking her into oblivion. Then she looks to the Young man before her, "Oh you must care for her if your going to follow a demon into a home that she knows now better than you!" She growls and flares open her wings.

Umbra:

Her vision goes black as she gets a tremendous headache as she gets knocked out.

Meira

Meira stood straighten in surprise when the boy went over and hugged her. The boy soon introduced himself as 'Zeruk' and proposed to having her run away with him. She blinked at the boy, confused, then smiled gently, "Honey, did you eat something weird?" She asked kindly smiling. However then a spot of color caught her eye, it wasn't suppose to be there. A bright flame crept to her room, leaving everything behind in a blazing trail.

The inn was on fire!

Meira turned to her only window, she opened it and hot rain caught on her skin. She flinched but squinted at the ground, they were at least 15 feet from the ground. The door was blocked- they were trapped, she grabbed Zeruk, holding him close. They would have to take the window.

Victoria

"White knight in shining armor? Well that's a bit boring, but it will do." Victoria licked her red lips seductively, placing a hand on Tovan's chest, "Why don't you save me? I've worked just as hard as she had, don't you think I deserve a happy ending?" She asked, leaning closer.

Just then a girl with emerald green eyes and hair the color of golden tripped, spilling water all over Victoria. "I-I'm sorry!" Her eyes quickly welled with tears, Victoria just sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Not again, just... Clean it up." She snapped.

"Y-yes!" The angelic looking girl coward, green eyes focused on the ground.

Tovan

"If you ever need saving from something, I will help." Tovan replied. "I am not after your sister for romance right now, I just don't like to see people suffering like she is. Also, it might help your case if you stopped snapping at people like that."

Suddenly though, he caught the scent of fire. His eyes went wide as he searched for the source.

"Looks like I might have to save you after all. You and your sister both." He said. "Quickly, we need to make sure everyone gets out of here."

((OOC: Actually, he's a mage with black robes.))

Edited by Narath

"I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" The girl whimpered, desperately looking around for something to clean the floor with. She seemed oblivious to the fire, trying to deal with the task currently at her hand.

Victoria rolled her eyes, not even seeming to be panicking. "Door is that way." She pointed towards the entrance of the inn. "If you excuse me, there are something(s) I'd like to save myself." With that, she headed into the fire.

Tovan

"No! Don't... For crying out loud..." Tovan said as Victoria ran off.

Before running after her, Tovan lifted the girl off her knees and held her by the shoulders so she would look in his eyes.

"Ma'am, this place is on fire. This is no time to clean." He said in a calm voice. "You have to get out of here."

Tovan then gently pushed the girl towards the direction of the exit, before running through the flames to rescue Meina and her sister, creating a barrier of light to protect him as he went.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Meina?" He shouted out through the smoke.

(D'aww, mipuppy. You totally ruined my jive! I was gunna run away with you!)

Zeruk

Zeruk was probably more surprised than Meira about the fire. However, he'd dealt with things like this before. More than once, whether intentionally or not (he didn't know), abandoned buildings he'd stayed in had been set on fire.

Being grabbed my Meira though, and having her take charge wasn't something he liked. He was used to being his own boss, and so he squirmed against her. "Leggo!" he said. They were near the window, and a few droplets of rain whooshed in as a gust of wind occurred due to the rising hot air. A few landed on him. Where his clothes were, they sizzled.

What sucked was that the same thing happened with his skin. Zeruk grimaced; what was this stuff? "Get blankets and cloth around us!" he said, thinking of something to protect them with out in the rain. It might not last forever, but it would last long enough.

Plus, it had only been about 5 seconds since the fire appeared in the room. He would get them himself, but he was caught in the older girl's grasp.

((OOC: Can the rain lose it's acid-stuff and just become a normal rain storm now? because if not, we either burn in the inn or burn outside xd.png))

((OOC: well, my character Tovan can create hardlight, so technically he can shield people for a while.))

Edited by Narath

Navir mumbled to him self a he looked to the fire "Great the only one who can do fire magicy stuff is knocked out and the fire is already too much" he thought as he looked to Amanda and sighed, thinking that he should get out of here to some place safe until the rain stops. He also picks up Amanda carrying her out the window so that she doesn't get burnt alive, because unconscious people can't carry themselves for some reason. darn lazy unconscious people! as he climbs out the window that was so rudely broken open by the horror he turns to call out to anyone remaining in the inn "Get out of the inn and find someplace safe to hold up until the rain stops, then we will meet up at the path to the border and find the border guard!!" he calls out as he decides to take Amanda, to an apothecary to see if she is alright due to the nasty fall and her episode from earlier.

Navir runs down the street going down an alley or two, he used whatever magic he had left to create a barrier though he only manages to create one in front of him to shield Amanda but his back gets stung by the rain... he makes his way to a rather new looking Apothecary and opens it quickly as the barrier collapses and walks in breathing heavily a bit from the running. another tall man walks out from a room to the front lobby. "Navir! Good to see you again and uuuuhh.. what's happened?" he said as he walked up to Navir smiling and looking to Amanda. Navir was about to say she fell in a chair but decided it would be rather embarrassing for that to happen to her so instead says "A fight with a horror" which is partly true. "Oh well then here, let me examine her" he says as he moves Navir and Amanda to the room he came from.. people with burn wounds from the rain sit on beds some severe others not.

"here this one" he said as he moved the two to an open bed, Navir lays her down on it. "Does she have a concussion or head trauma?" he said as he watched the large man in white, apothecary robes examine her and then shrug and looks to Navir "No, I think she may have just been knocked out. I don't think anything serious has happened" he said looking serious to Navir "would you like me to tend to those burns of yours?" he said implying he meant Navirs back which was burned as his robes didn't offer much protection. Navir nodded and walked with the man to another private room for him to treat his wounds without people seeing, as Navir always wishes to be. Some women in white robes come into the room after they leave to tend to Amanda as the tall man tends to Navir.

((So yeah I am doing what Mac said, spreading out seeing as the inn is just about lost. and maybe this can be time for good character building RP and not some character ending RP instead.. Also I think you can make up where ever you want to go as long as it fits in the time line, like apothecaries or markets and inns and what not, also I think you can control the NPCs in the place you make up, since well.. you made it up xd.png ))

Edited by Fireside90

(Sorry, my dad wouldn't be happy D:)

Meira just hugged Zeruk tighter curling into a ball, cuddling him, shielding him from everything else and trying to keep him safe. "I-It will be okay..." She sounded like she was trying to reassure herself more then him. She was shivering despite the heat, holding onto the little boy as if he were her life support.

Darling, what in the heavens in going on?! The voice demanded,

We are stuck!

(I have major writer's block at the moment, sorry >.<)

Edited by mipuppy1

Tovan

As he walked through the flames, Tovan heard the sound of voices through one of the doors.

"Stand back from the door!" He warned.

Since the place was on fire, it probably would not be wise for him to touch the metal door handle. Or to use his electricity magic to blow it down... That would just make things worse, and he needed to conserve his magic, so instead, he kicked it with all the force he could muster. The door, weakened from the flames, did not put up to much resistance, and fell with a resounding thud. Tovan immediay ran inside, to find Meira there with a young boy.

"Meira, what are you still doing here?" He shouted in concern over the roaring flames. "Come on, let's get you two to to safety. We also need to get your sister. Come on!"

((Did you see my message mi?))

((D'aww, Navir's so sweet to the poor little unconscious girl tongue.gif

I kinda do wonder though. Why can't we be like beluga whales? they can turn half their brains off at will so that way they're asleep, but they can still surface to breathe and stuff.

Also, I have no idea where Jacen is O.O))

Roark jumped back as the horror spread its wings, his senses coming back into focus.

He pulled two throwing daggers from his belt and threw them with as much force as he could muster at it's wolf-like body, he reached for his bow but found that it wasn't on his back.

"Crap! I must've dropped it!" The soldier thought,only four daggers left on his belt.

"I've got to get Umbra out of here…" He frowned, trying to think of a way to get around the horror, over to the girl, then running as far away from here as he could get to find a hiding spot.

"You wanna fight, wolfie? Come and get me!" Roark growled.

((*Gulp*))

Panting heavily admist the heat and smoke, Seyle was forced to jump back with a ((non-audible)) curse as a burning timber fell in front of her, blocking yet another escape route, as well as throwing up a wall of sparks at her. Doubling back, she frantically sought another route, any way at all, for her to escape. An attempt to blast some of the fire out using water didn't work as well as she would have liked either, with the fire roaring up and evaporating some of it and the parts that did get put out not even mattering for the most part, leading to a dead end.

&@#^$! Maybe I should have just stayed with water magic.... No help for it now, though...

Another crashing timber had her diving forward and nearly falling into the flames before her realization that she should have stepped backwards instead of going forwards. That timber had just blocked the doorway. Seyle looked around desperately, finding no window or any means of escape that she can get to.

Am... Am I going to die here? She actually didn't feel surprised, for some odd reason. But as they say, where there's a will, there's a way...

Getting close to the floor, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes before drawing as much water as she can around her, then freezing it on the surface to form an icy barrier. Lastly, Selye made a small wave motion in front of her mouth and curled up into a ball before she finally blacked out.

There was smoke in the air. Something was burning... A fight. Rajjakus inhaled deeply, the gate finally in sight. It was made of rock.

Rajjakus grinned. No rock is stronger then his orchanium body, and he highly doubted that he, or anything, for that matter, can find anything harder, and for that matter, he saw no puny humans guarding the place. With a loud bellow, the crystal giant brought a fist down on the gate.

((I imagine that he is increaibly suspendable to light and dark magicks, though, while being almost fully resistant to the elemental ones and having physical attacks doing pratically nothing.))

((OOC: well then one of my characters will be useful against him. I'll try make a post later, cause I might not be able to now))

((OOC: to be honest, I'm a little lost with Jacen myself. There's just sooo much stuff going on downstairs.))

Jacen

Jacen looked around bewildered as the timber of the inn blazed around him. He had to keep moving continuously in order to keep himself from getting crushed of burned. During the confusion, he lost sight of Talibah, who was so far his only friend on this adventure.

"Talibah!" He called out through the smog. "Where are you?"

Edited by Narath