makenziec123

The Calling

Jacen

"It's uh, nice to meet you Roark." Jacen said, extending his hand in greeting. "I'm glad that you saved Talibah. If you did not, I might not be here right now."

Umbra;

She looks at them with a blank face before Her raven returns to her. He flies in through the door and lands in her lap. She smiles at him and pets his soft feathers. He makes a cooing noise before hunkering down to sleep. Reaching into a pocket she pulls out some seeds and feeds her bird.

"And you wouldn't have gotten to try any butterbeer~! Er, well... almost taste any." She added, looking a bit embarrassed as she realized her own mistake.

"Anyways, I see you made it into the guard. Congrats!" Talibah complimented him, noticing his crimson red armor with white trim and the golden crest of an Aresian soldier on the chest.

She then looked back out the window.

"So, do we just try and wait the storm out in here?" She asked no one in particular, just whoever wanted to answer.

~~~~~

Roark smiled at Jacen and held out his red-armor clad hand.

"Nice to meet you." He said politely, noticing the butterscotch-colored wet spot on the two of them and the up-ended glass on the bar counter.

"It's a shame you missed out on that glass of butterbeer. Talibah's the first one who introduced me to it. It was her way of repaying me for saving her, even though she couldn't pay for them and had to go wash dishes in the back afterwards." The tall man laughed for a bit, then opened his eyes and looked around.

"Uh... has anyone seen my bow?" The archer asked.

((Sorry guys it's been a looooong day. One sec.

Fixed it smile.gif ))

Edited by makenziec123

((OOC: Tell me about it. For me, the entire week has just been dragging on. This weekend was the worst though.))

Jacen

"Maybe it's best that I didn't anyways." Jacen said as they finished shaking. "I don't really want to have something that I'll want to overindulge in. It's not really something I have the coin for."

When the man said something about missing his bow, Jacen looked around the area, but couldn't see one lying around.

"Sorry, but I can't see it.

"It is probably best we do wait it out. I'd rather not see a friend blasted to ash."

Umbra:

"Oh yeah I meant to give it to you, My Skeleton Warrior grabbed it." She picks it up from under her seat and hands it to him. Her Raven caws loudly in irritation before rolling onto his back his feet in the air, falling asleep again. "Silly Bird." She giggles and the large bird and strokes its belly.

Siksta & Welun:

They emerge from their Nest to see the storm brewing even more. Looking at each other the two harpies both swoop into the sky simultaneously and fly towards the city, Going to find anything they can scavenge. Siksta pauses, her beautiful feathers ruffling as she listens, "Hear that?" She asks Welun. "No Why?" Welun replies tilting her head. "Exactly that means something is up." Her bright redish pink eyes glow bright as she dives from the sky, her wings tuck against her body as she dives. She lands and starts running on her taloned feet towards the bushes. Smelling the scent of Puzzle she pauses. "Hey Puzzle Brains come here!"

Vonagae:

She raises her head and looks at the two harpies growling. "My Spot!" She hisses, The two harpies launch at her and tackle her, shredding her thick alligator hide. Screaming agony she tries to flee but the two harpies grab her panther arms as she runs and rips them off. Causing her to keel over and puke up everything. She can't move and thats when she sees the two faces of death, slowly dying a painful death as the harpies rip her to pieces.

Siksta and Welun:

"Mmmm Dinner." Welun says as she earts to eat the parts of the puzzle, having had splits the pieces evenly between her and Siksta. Siksta munches on one of the wings as she nods to her friend, both covered in very foul smelling blood.

((Sorry trying to keep it PG-13))

Darien

Darien sighed. "Fine, though I'm not sure what will go on there, and it might be important." He wrote down a message explaining where he was. "By the way, my name's Darien, Darien Khiele. May I ask what you are doing in Horusia?"

((So, Sylviinael, you're killing off a character already?))

Edited by deathsnake951

"My father was going to take me to an apprenticeship application or something of the sort here, but the spot had already been filled. I figured since we were already here, why not see the height of Xpaurelian technology for a day or two?" Amanda smiled.

"What are you doing here, Darien? And why is it so imperative that you go out in that crazy storm?" She asked, taking the mechanical bird and sending it out the nearest window. She cast a small fire charm on it, coating the bird in a protective blue flame so that the lightning wouldn't strike it.

What she hadn't been expecting though, was the burn of the rain as the howling wind pushed it through the window, the normally harmless liquid sizzling on her skin. Forget the fact that she was afraid of water! This stuff HURT!

She cried out and ran away from the window just as another girl burst through the door with similar burns.

The brunette clenched her teeth against the sting, squeezing the wrist of her burned hand as if that would make the pain stop.

"Now I really wish I had learned that one ice healing spell..." The fire magician thought, mentally facepalming at her own stupidity.

Other types of healing worked just fine, but on acid burns like these, Amanda's father had always told her that ice magic worked the best.

((I know that doesn't make a ton of sense guys just roll with it I haz something mushy planned :3))

~~~~~

((Getting lazy so Imma make a combined post for Roark and Talibah))

Talibah and Roark both jumped as the door near them slammed open, a girl with acid burns and some kind of strange blue-feathered armor rushing inside and then collapsing against the door.

"Are you alright?" Talibah asked, momentarily forgetting the conversation she was just in as she went to try and help the girl, her tan palm outstretched.

"Wait." Roark said, gently grabbing his older friend's wrist.

"The rain still on her armor is acidic. Let me help her." He explained, taking Talibah's place and helping the other girl into a chair, his skin unharmed thanks to all that heavy armor he had to wear.

"Are you alright, miss?" The soldier asked, also forgetting the previous conversation it seemed.

Darien

"I'm here to go to the Badlands with some others. This voice in my head told me to go, and I think the others might have hard it as well. Hannalea told us to meet at a tavern, though I'm not sure what for, exactly." Suddenly, he saw Amanda flinch in pain as slightly unnatural-looking rain hit her wrist. He quickly followed Amanda as she cried out and ran, and then took a closer look at her wrist. Though Darien coukd use combat magic, he was a healer at heart, somethng ice magic encouraged, and he could tell an acid burn hen he saw one. Slowly and carefully, Darien iced over the burn with a freezing magic, making sure not to chill her hand so much that it would induce frostbite.

Edited by deathsnake951

((Now you have two options Sylv; your Puzzle can either become a Demon or if you want I'll cross out her character sheet so that you'll still have one slot left. It's up to you though smile.gif ))

"What was that stuff?" Amanda asked, looking at the window like it might snap at her.

She unclenched her fist- not even realizing she had curled it up until then, and let her hand relax, looking at the little nickel-sized dot of ice covering her burn.

"Oh, um, sorry. And I meant to say thank you." She smiled sheepishly.

She then noticed the other girl that had had come inside. She too was covered in acid burns.

"Maybe you should help her too...?" Amanda thought aloud, gesturing towards the girl with the blue-feathered armor.

She nodded slightly in acknowledgement to the two who were trying to help, before Selye made a small whimper as she felt herself moved to a chair.Ahhh... Did some of that... That... Acid seep into my mail or something? Oww... Biting her lip again, Selye opened her eyes to see two people, a male with fair skin and dark hair, and another with olive skin and dark hair as well. Raising her hand((along with a grimace)), she brushed a few strands of hair from her eyes before speaking.

"I'm...Fine." As if I am. Tired and burned does not make for a good combination."You don't have to worry about me."Really, all I need is some rest, then I can heal myself. Or at least I hope I can. As if in conjuction to her thoughts, a yawn escaped her.

Darien

"In answer to the question, that was a simple ice cast to stop burns and some wounds. And don't worry about it. I heal people in need, and who knows what that stuff would have done," Darien said as he worked on the other girl's burn.

Edited by deathsnake951

Wha... What..? Hey! "I'll be fine, I can heal myself!" Selye made a small jump as a boy started trreating the burns.Just not right now.

((She shall become a demon. Will Resubmit her chara sheet. The Raven But without a dude standing there xd.png))

Umbra:

She goes over to the girl that was mumbling about being fine. She looks at the burns and murmurs under her breath "Irisv nomeno fanol di jacioniv loerchik, shartleg jacioniv de loerchik ekess vdri vur lapir." Her eyes close as her tattoo's come "Alive" and sort of shimmer as her body becomes a pasty grey. She spots another boy trying to heal the same girl so she stops and picks her raven up, the beautiful bird spreading his wings and yawning slightly.

Siksta and Welun:

The two Harpies finish their filling meal, still having the torso and the head left. They each carry a piece of the body back to the nest and store it there before feeling the acid rain come down on their feathers. Hissing and screeching they climb into the nest and look at each other. "What the h*ll is going on?" Welun asks Siksta "No clue." The two scared harpy girls huddle together, hissing and cooing softly.

Edited by Sylviinael

Jacen

It seemed to Jacen as though the burnt girl was being taken care of enough, so he walked over to the window. When he looked out, the young man realized that there was little chance that it was going to light up anytime soon.

"Damn." He muttered. "I can't afford to purchase a room for the night. Now what am I going to do?"

Umbra:

"I can get a few rooms, I have enough. My family is one of the most rich in the city. See theres..." She counts the people the her money without taking it from her pouch. "I can afford four rooms including food and drinks. I hope y'all are willing to share with others." She Picks her satchel from the floor and looks around at the fairly large group of people. She runs her fingers through her hair. She smiles kindly to everyone as her skin still stays a pasty grey and her tattoo's thrum as if they were alive.

Amanda walked over to the girl with the tattoos, pulling a small coin pouch from her belt.

"I can take care of everyone's meal, and I can get one more room if someone doesn't particularly want to sleep in the same room as someone else. I'd have more but I'm afraid I spent my allowance on my "new" cloak..." She trailed off, looking at the little ashes that were all that remained of the expensive fabric.

"How many rooms do you have here?" The brunette asked the bartender.

"None. But there's a door right here that leads into an inn. Perhaps they'll have room enough for you lot." The barkeeper smiled, opening the door for the large group to pass through.

"Thank you very much sir!" Amanda smiled, then began to walk towards the barkeeper, giving him a curtsy as she walked past him.

She stood in the doorway and looked back at the rest of the room full of strangers, except for Darien.

"Well, come on! Before someone else gets our rooms!" SHe exclaimed, disappearing through the doorway.

"I can heal myself!" Selye protested to the throng of people surronding her before sighing. No matter. I'm already healed up anyway.... Gruza, I feel guilty... I suppose they were just trying to help, but I can take care of myself well enough! I think....

Or maybe Drazirahc was right... "Is there a restroom anywhere I can use to rinse off my armor?" I suppose I can just do that right here, but that would be impolite to any hydrophobics.

"No need," she addressed to the odd girl in black with throbbing tattoos, "I'll pay for my own room."

((Edit: Darn, I typed this before Mak posted. I'll edit it later. Maybe.))

Edited by beiningtian

Jacen

Jacen walked over to Talibah and tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention.

"I'm going to go and see what I can do to maybe get a room." Jacen said. "I'll probably have to go talk with that girl about it since I can't afford it on my own. Do you want to meet up later maybe?"

Darien

"Thanks," Darien said, having little money himself. "So, it seems we'll have to delay the meeting till tomorrow. I think Hannalea will see why. I sure do hope this storm ends soon."

"Which girl? I can't afford one either so maybe we can go talk to one of them together." Talibah smiled.

((Meh short post >.< This is what school is saying right now: "Oh, hey, all these kids are about to get off of school for a week! Let's dump four projects, three tests, and two quizzes on them so that none of them go to sleep before three a.m. even though that's when the majority of them have to get up for swim practice! Woohoo!" -_________-))

Umbra:

Nodding she picks her raven up and puts him on her shoulder and following the fire girl. Her pasty skin still throbbing. "I'm Umbra, you?" She grins and goes to the Innkeeper, "Four rooms with two beds in each." The innkeeper nods and hands her four sets of keys. She gives one to the Ice boy, To Roark, and To Jacen, And finally to the girl that was mumbling. "Your welcome, all on me. Don't worry bout paying me back, your payment will be friendship and Protecting my back when I need it, and same will apply to you."

((Ikr? Except with me I have 15 project, 12 tests, 1 exam, and friggin horse training all vacation))