makenziec123

The Calling

Scolisis:

Scolisis landed on the ground along the Path of Callers, dark eyes glinting. He knew Callers were coming, and he intended them to die. They might have some skills, but they should not underestimate him. Iliamna had made that mistake, and he had given her a reminder so she would never make it again.

He looked and saw a group of Puzzles near the gate. Scolisis despised most Puzzles for having less intelligence, but he knew that some of them could prove to be worthy, so he watched carefully as the distant figures approached the gate, casting a forcefield around him. He would show them not to underestimate him just because of his average size.

Hannalea frowned, spinning around as she heard a loud roar from the other side of the border.

She turned back to the two young "warriors" behind her.

"You both have good training with weapons?" She asked, though she didn't wait for a response before continuing.

"You can either come back in an hour or two for your test, or I can send you to the other side right now. Though I would suggest you take your test first- you might live a little longer." She warned.

"You've got ten minutes to decide. Or until a Horror comes crashing through that wall again." She finished as she drew her broadsword, which was nearly as long as the short woman's own height. The two heavily armored knights on either side of her drew their weapons as well, and then they waited to see what would happen next.

((Hint hint, anyone who wants their Horror to wreck some havoc, now's your chance! :3))

Vonagae:

She reveals herself to the Humans, standing on her hind legs and her tall height of 7'5. She grins and grunts and snarls, flicking a forked tounge out at them. Her red eyes glow in pure anxiety as she watches the Guards draw their weapons.

Umbra:

"I've got it..I'll shout for help if need be." She quickly summons the void and reaches in, pulling out the huge ax. The ax glows red as she lunges out into the land of the horrors, watching her sides carefully. "Come at me!" She calls, her hair flowing behind her almost in a wing like way.

Vanagae:

"Thiiiiis should be easy!" She grins and leaps forward, her wings spread wide. Leaping to the side as the young girl leaps her she whips her scorpion tail at the face of the human. She ducks and tumbles to the ground, but her weapon doesn't hit the ground, for it has a dark aura around it. Floating up infront of the girl, Vanagae watches her grab the weapon and heft it onto her shoulder, the same aura spreading around the girl. The girl speaks to Vanagae "Maledictus eris mortem deos odio. Iam morte dolere manu.". Growling Vanagae lunges and screeches, leaping onto the Girl with such force to cause her to loose her concentration. "Give up child." She spits but not before getting impaled in the abdomen by the battle ax. Her body convulses as she crumples to the side and watches as black tar like blood pours from the wound. Ripping the ax from her body she feels weary but she doesn't care, instead she bellows and sprays her acid like sting in the direction of the girl before flying weakly away, trying to save herself.

Umbra:

She pants and turns away from the ax as it disappears into the void, her knees tremble as she crumples into a sitting position on the ground in front of the gate, her eyes distant as she feels her power thrive even more.

Jacen

"I've trained my whole life with them." Jacen answered. "I'm not sure if I'm good by your standards, but I've been able to best anyone that knows how to wield a blade in my village. I think it would be good to do this test though, to make sure that I am ready. When would you like me to meet you for it?"

Darien (My Caller)

It was finally happening. He was going to leave this life and enter another, better one. There had been bad times, but that voice had urged him on. "Don't be afraid, Darien. Just come to the mountains and everything will be alright," the voice had said, and Darien intended to follow it.

As he approached the gate, prepared to meet Hannalea, but suddenly he saw a girl drive an ax into a Puzzle Horror before the Horror flew away. Quickly, he rushed towards the gate to see if here were more.

Scolisis

Scolisis watched as a fool Caller girl defeated a Puzzle easily. He should have never trusted Puzzles would do a Demon's job. Scolisis scorned at the foolish Puzzles as he rocketed towards the gate. He cast a barrier around the foolish girl who had defeated a Puzzle and now lay there, dazed. He entered the barrier, brandishing a flaming purple sword made of Dark magic. "So you're the one who defeated that Puzzle... what was her name, Vonagae? Well, you won't last long," Scolisis said in a high voice like metal scraping on rocks. "Prepare to meet your doom!"

"Come back in one hour. That should be-" Hannalea began, but was cut off when the fool hardy girl that had come up next to her rushed past, straight out into the Badlands.

"Wait!" She tried to warn her, but she was too late.

She had to admit, the girl's skill with dark magic and with that strange battle axe was quite impressive, but now the her foolishness may end up costing the girl her life.

"Save the girl!" She yelled to her guards, listening as the two began to chant before joining them herself. They each wore Horusian Army standard armor- Thick, strong red metal with golden charms and symbols all over each piece.

As they charged, the symbols began to glow, and then the three began attacking the barrier- a deadly mission to undertake, but still they thrust their weapons against the dark field.

"Come out and fight us, you coward!" Hannalea screamed at the demon.

~~~~~

Talibah turned back towards the gates when she heard a huge crash- the drawbridge-like entrance now lay wide open, and a girl was charging through towards a Puzzle... but she didn't see the Demon Horror.

Running as quickly as she could, the wanderer pulled out a pair of khopesh blades ((here's what they look like- http://1501bc.com/files/khopesh/weapons10.jpg)) and charged towards the gates, the voice in her mind compelling her to help in any way she could.

"If you can fight, then fight!" Talibah yelled to a boy she saw standing near the gates, probably waiting for one of Hannalea's exams, before she continued past him- her swords held out like wings at her sides.

Jacen

Jacen rushed towards the Horror, ready to take it on, but there was no way into the shield.

"How do we get to it?" He asked as he drew his sword.

Snapping out of her daze Umbra growls and stands ready, her hands open and hooked like claws. "Mistresses and Master of Fate and Destiny. I summon thee to help me ward off this demon!" She bellows, the ground starts to shake and crack underneath her as giant skeletal beings start to emerge from the ground. They wield weapons of fire and shadow. She growls and leaps at the demon, raising her heads, a crackling black orb erupts from her hands and she throws it at the demon, it growing larger and larger as it swiftly goes towards the demon. As she opens the void she reaches in and grabs anything her hand can lay on. Pulling out a chain whip with poisonous spikes on it she lashes it at the demons tentacles.

Vonagae collapses in the cave of the Animal puzzles, her blood now stopping. Lifting her hand she starts to feel the worms of her body crawling around the gaping hole to fix it. She pants and hangs her forked tongue out the side of her mouth, panting and grimacing in pain. "Little brat...." she whispers, passing out on the ground.

"How should I know? Just keep attacking it until you find a weak point or something!" Talibah yelled, the curved blades of her sword leaving streaks on the barrier for a moment before the barrier fixed itself.

"Concentrate Talibah… Look for it's weak point." The voice gently reminded her as she searched, channeling a small amount of magic to her vision, searching for a point on the sphere that was weaker than the rest.

~~~~~

"Uuuuuuggggghhhhh!" Amanda sighed, slouching down with an agonizingly bored expression on her face as the spoiled girl and her rich father soared through the air in their Horusian blimp (pic here http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/airyacht.html)

"Amanda, please be patient." Her father replied tiredly as he gazed out the front window, steering the flying machine.

Amanda stood with a huff; "I'm going for a walk." The bratty child said, standing and walking back towards the "dragon heads" that were blowing heat up into the tarp, making the blimp fly.

She stood at the edge of the boat, looking down at the sea of clouds below them.

"I wish something interesting would happen..." She muttered.

((I haz something to discuss. Please join me in da OOC thread! http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=155344))

Scolisis

"Impressive, I have to admit, for a human. But, sadly for you, not good enough," laughed the demon, slicing through a skeleton and incinerating another while deflecting the energy ball with one of the firey tendrils around him. Suddenly, the chain whipped around and hit a tendril, knocking it back. Scolisis flew back, a little shocked, into the barrier. He got to his feet and scowled. "You call that Dark magic? THIS is Dark magic," Scolisis said as he shot darkfire blasts at Umbra while at the same time, whipping around his sword towards her throat.

Darien

"We have to break that barrier somehow!" shouted Darien as he shot ice blasts at the forcefield, but they were deflected and rocketed back, freezing the ground around their impact. "Maybe it can be destroyed by Light magic, the opposite... it might be too powerful, though. We have to find the weak point!"

Edited by deathsnake951

Jacen

Jacen's eyes went wide, as both people and the horror used magic around him. He didn't know any magic! There wasn't even anyone that could have taught him back in his village! What was he to do? Jacen kept his eyes peeled, and saw an opening where the demon blasted his energy through the barrier at someone. Without a second thought, Jacen dived for it, barely missing the blast of darkfire as he did so. When he stood up, nearly face to face with the demon, he realized what a stupid thing he just did. By reflex, the young man lashed out with his sword, hoping that he had caught the thing by surprise.

Umbra:

She holds her weapon as a shield to the blasts, but doesn't see the sword until it's almost to late. She ducks and rolls, glaring she screams "YOU FREAK!" She growls and her hair lifts in its own wind. She glows with dark energy as she empties the secret power of her ancestors. Her hands clench into fist as she leaps at the demon, screaming in Latin, "Monstrum, moriemini." She thrusts her hands into the stomach of the demon, dark fire traveling up her arms as she attempts to drain the power from the demon, her own power flaring up. Her skin becomes a pasty grey as her eyes close as she murmurs in draconic "Si geou svent nomeno rekisix, sia vers geou increase, halkvri si mi wer holder di wer whedab auneli." Her body flickers with shadows and her black tendril tattoo's seemingly move on her skin.

((Link to the translator: http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/ ))

((Edit: Also is it just me or does this roleplay remind me of RWBY a little bit?? ))

Edited by Sylviinael

((OMG, I LOVE RWBY!!! Have y'all seen the most recent episode? I honestly kinda saw that coming. I mean just with her bow and all... xd.png))

Talibah watched as the boy slipped inside through a hole that the demon created in the barrier.

"Heh... Not bad..." The dark-tanned woman thought with a small smile of approval as she continued looking for a spot weak enough that she could make a breech through the bubble.

Finally, she found a small spot- barely visible, even with the magic she had picked up along her wanderings of the world.

Without another thought, the young Caller crossed the two blades over her chest so that she could get as much strength as possible into her next attack, and then with a sound like cracking glass, tumbled into the barrier from above, landing in a crouch.

She grinned at the mass of flames that was obviously the Horror.

"Hey there, handsome. You know, it doesn't usually make a great first impression on a girl when you try to kill her!!" She growled the last part, muttering a small Light magic spell that made her blades glow white as she slashed at the demon.

((OOC: seen every one of them. To be honest, I did not see that coming. I also was not expecting that plot twist with penny))

Darien

"Get out of here, demon, or we'll destroy you!" shouted Darien, snow swirling around him. He shot a blast of ice at the demon.

Scolisis

Scolisis fought Umbra's draining effect, but it seemed to be working, but he suddenly shouted an incantation in Latin - "Transuerso!" Suddenly, all strength Umbra had drained started flowing back, as well as some of her own strength. However, Scolisis was interrupted by some human scum leaping through his barrier and striking at him. He could easily handle a single Caller, and probably two or three as well, but four? It could be a little troublesome. Scolisis quickly dodged blades and flew up into the air, blasting dark energy down. "You think this is over, human scum? This will never be over! It will not be over until the end of time! Si clax sia jaseve, whedab kepesk cotrhea!" There was a huge explosion, blasting back the humans, and Scolisis was gone.

Darien

"Well, now that we've got that taken care of," said Darien, turning to Hannalea and the Border Guards, "When do we take our test?" Suddenly, Darien looked up and noticed something was very wrong in the sky. Dark clouds swirled above them, and lightning flashed, but the lightning was a strange purple color, and Darien could feel something was wrong 'Don't worry, Darien. We can fix this.' whispered the voice in his head. But Darien knew he couldn't. Not yet at least. "This isn't natural weather," he muttered. "Something is very wrong."

Edited by deathsnake951

Jacen

Jacen was growing frustrated. No matter how quick he was, the demon still somehow avoided all his attacks. When the horror turned the tables and began throwing blasts of energy at them, Jacen was barely able to avoid them. Then came the explosion. Jacen was blasted off of his feet, and went tumbling back towards the wall. When he got up, Jacen walked over to the closest person; a girl with olive skin that had been wielding the khopesh.

"You alright?" Jacen asked, holding out his hand to help her up.

((I saw that coming too. She looked like something out of Tron Legacy, so I just kinda figured tongue.gifsmile.gif ))

Talibah groaned and sat up, having been knocked back by the Demon's explosion. Her ears were ringing slightly, but there was a boy standing in front of her holding his hand out.

She shook her head, trying to clear away the buzzing.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" She responded once she could hear again.

((sorry being cut short by class will add more later))

Umbra collapses to the ground, completely worn, but her own power is still remarkably high. Closing her eyes she feels the skin of her body become vibrant white again as her body starts to calm the fierce power within. Picking herself up she looks to the sky and mutters softly to herself, "This is not over, not now not ever." When saying that she binds her soul to destroying that demon horror, or will die trying.

Jacen

"I asked if you were alright." Jacen repeated, sheathing his sword as he did so. "That Horror put up quite the fight. Come on, let's get our test finished. I'd like to head off as soon as possible."

Jacen kept his hand extended in case the girl wanted help up.

"Alright. Thanks. I'm Talibah." Talibah smiled sweetly and took his hand, putting her twin khopesh blades back into the messenger bag she wore across her shoulder as she stood. It was made of plain canvas and a bit tattered, but then again, she'd been wandering across Xpaurel for the last six or so years of her life. Most of her things had a bit of wear and tear on them.

"So, what's her your name handsome?" She asked, flashing her trademark flirty grin. One thing she had learned in her years traveling the world- it never hurt to flirt a little bit. Sometimes it even led to a free meal if she was lucky.

~~~~

"Well, I'll admit, I'm very impressed with all of you. You have shown great prowess as fighters, and honestly I would send you through the gates right now without a doubt in my mind that you would come back to fight for us again." Hannalea said as she and her the two men at her flanks sheathed their weapons.

"However," She continued; "I'm afraid I'm still going to have to test you. You are all very skilled, but you lack the proper training. I would like all of you to come to my camp for three days- just so that I can show you the basics of what I think you need to know. I assume you will all take your exams at once?" She half-asked, half ordered as she walked over to the somewhat scattered group of young fighters.

Darien

"Sounds good to me. When do we start?" asked Darien.

((makenziec, we've already started, so you might want to change the topic subtitle now.))

Jacen

"I am, uh... I'm Jacen." Replied the young man nervously as the girl flashed him a smile. "IT is nice to meet you."

There weren't to many women in his village that he would have exactly considered going after, and even less that would have wanted anything to do with him. He was 'too dangerous', and the line of work that he wanted to go into would just lead to a short relationship. As a result, Jacen was rather inexperienced when it came to women.

"Oh, yes, of course." Jacen said as the gate's guard spoke to them.

"First sunlight tomorrow. Meet me here and we'll be on our way as soon as everyone arrives." She replied.

"Oh, and before I forget, I have a young strategist's apprentice and the protégé of an old friend of mine arriving as well. They should be here later tonight, so why don't you all go wander around the city for a while and I shall introduce you to each other over a dinner at the Painted Lady?" Hannalea added, gesturing towards a small restaurant that wasn't too far away from where they were now.

"My rounds end at six o'clock. Be at the tavern by seven. Farewell for now!" The short woman said without waiting for them to respond, leaving her guards at the gate and then walking off down the street, probably to tell one of her superiors that another Horror had busted through the gate again.

~~~~

"Well, it's nice to meet Jacen." Talibah replied as Hannalea walked up.

"Uh... Okay! See you there! Thank you!" She called after the quickly disappearing border guard.

"I guess she's must be pretty busy..." The somewhat confused young woman muttered more to herself than to anyone else.