makenziec123

The Calling

Darien

Darien headed out into the depths of Horusia. Although he was fairly used to cities, he had no idea where to go or what to do. Slowly, Darien turned around, surveying his location. He started towards a local vendor to get a snack to tide him over until dinner, but suddenly Darien's path was barred by a large, uncouth-looking man with big earrings and many scratches. "You there. Yes, you with the glasses and that weird hair. You got any shinies? Silver, or gold perhaps?" The man looked down at Darien's silver watch, his only at all expensive posession. "Ooh.. I like this. Mind if I take it?" asked the man, and without waiting for an answer, ripped it off of Darien's wrist and shoved him to the ground. "Hey! Stop! Give me it back!" shouted Darien as the thief disappeared into the crowd.

Umbra gets up and follows Hannalea. She runs her hands through her long hair and watches the other get along while she's left out...Like always.

Vonagae sighs and wakes to a crowd around her. Getting up she growls at the others around her and walks to the entrance of the cave, shaking her head.

Amanda wandered through the city- glad that she had finally gotten off of that stuffy airship.

"Hey! Stop! Give me it back!" The young fire mage heard someone yell as a large man pushed him over and then abruptly took off down the street.

"Tch. What a moron." She said boredly to herself as she simply snapped her fingers, trapping the thief with a thick rope made of blue fire, which would stop him, but wouldn't hurt him.

The crowd instantly parted as the young sorceress walked through towards the man, who was now dangling in the air as if he were caught on some invisible hook.

"Give me what you have stolen and I will release you." She told him, though he seemed surprised that such a small frame could hold such powerful magic.

Her brown curly hair started to turn a more firey shade as the spoiled little girl grew impatient.

"DROP IT!" She yelled, a small "sonic boom" of crackling fire dancing through the air above the crowd.

Edited by makenziec123

"Selye, will you get your nose out of that map? We only have another two miles to go before we get to the gates!"

Selye sighed and looked up at her companion's scowling face as she folded said map into a square, slipping it in the saddlebag (the other guy called it a 'compartment') of the... Mechanical.... Thing she was riding in. The two were currently going over a grassy plain, which she could have sworn that they were not in just a moment prior.

"Honestly, how dense are you? I was trying to get you to look up for half an hour by now!"

For your information, not as dense as you seem to think. I just happen to not like speaking.

"We have to be careful, I planned out our route and entered it in the beetle, but there are probably many Terrors this close to the walls."

Have you completely forgot that they post guards here for a reason? I don't think there'll be more then the amount was already encountered.

Selye scanned the plains. The grass was of medium height, just perfect for a low enemy to come sneaking up, even though a light wind tossed the grass about. The sky was blue and sunny, with the occasional bird overhead. Reaching her hand back, she held her poleaxe lightly. It can't hurt to be too careful...

Darien

Darien got to his feet and looked around. If only he had been prepared, he could have frozen the thief in his tracks and retrieved the watch, for that watch allowed him to focus his ice magic more intensely. Darien scolded himself for his foolishness. "It's alright, Darien. We both know you'll get your watch back," reassured the voice in his head. Suddenly, Darien saw a girl with curly brown hair making a fire barrier around the thief. He started towards her.

Jacen

"It's very nice to meet you too Talibah." Jacen replied.

As the guard went back to her duties, Jacen turned back to his new friend.

"So, uh... Do you want to, maybe, go and grab a bite to eat, or a drink while we wait perhaps?" The young man asked nervously.

He wasn't sure if by asking that, if it meant that he was asking her out on a date, or just as a friend. All this was very new to him since he spent much of his time practicing with his blade.

Hannalea turned as she saw one of the girls from before following her.

"Ah, you're that headstrong young sorceress from before, are you not?" The head of the border guards asked, though she already knew the answer. The girl was a bit hard to miss in a crowd with all those black tattoos she had.

~~~~~

Amanda smirked at the thief's confused expression, but she was growing a bit impatient, as per usual for the spoiled little girl.

"Drop the watch, or I'll turn the flames orange." She threatened. Although, that's all that would happen- the flames would turn from blue to orange, but they still wouldn't burn him.

Though from the looks of his expression, it didn't look like he knew that as he dropped the watch into the fire queen's waiting hand.

Just then she noticed two young men walking towards her- one wearing heavy red Aresian Army battle armor, and the other who was probably the owner of the watch.

The guard got to her first.

"Miss, please put that man down before I have to arrest you." The taller man said.

~~~~~

"Arrest me!? I've done nothing wrong! This man is a thief! And aside from that, do you not know who I am?" The fire mage growled angrily at Roark.

"Have patience, Roark. You're running late! The soothing voice reminded him.

"Miss, please just release this man. I am late for an appointment." Roark said tiredly, glad that the snooty girl had finally dropped the man that had been suspended in the air, who then quickly scrambled away.

"Thank you. Have a nice day." The soldier thanked her, then quickly moved off through the crowd. He was supposed to be meeting Hannalea at the eastern gate to the Badlands today for an introduction and a bit of training in shooting down Harpies.

"Walk faster." The voice said.

~~~~~

"Sure, sounds like fun! Let's head to the the Three Broomsticks. They've got the best Butterbeer in Xpaurel!" ((And the fangirling continues :3)) Talibah told him, taking his arm in hers and starting off down the crowded city streets, occasionally looking up between the tall buildings at the sky filled with steam-powered blimps and the occasional robotic messenger pigeon.

"So, where ya from?" The tall woman asked, trying to make small talk despite the city noise.

((OOC: now that is a reference that I get.))

Jacen

"I've never had butterbeer before." Jacen said as the girl took his arm.

It felt strange to him, as she was taking the 'leading' role here. Back at home, the men were the ones that were supposed to take the lead.

"I come from a small village next to the eastern Horusian mountains and right along the shore of a large lake there." Jacen answered. "It is truly a lovely place."

((Haha. laugh.gif ))

"A puzzle!" The strategist shouted suddenly. Selye turned around just in time to see a Horror crash into the thing she was riding in. Whatever the beetle-shaped thing was, it *stumbled* heavily to the side. Turning back, she saw that the strategist was working quickly on the controls, trying to get it stable, hands flying everywhere. Selye looked back at the puzzle, and quickly shot a sphere of water at its foxlike muzzle. Since she didn't hold the surface tension in favor of grabbing her poleaxe, it wasn't much more then an annoyance to the puzzle, who simply shook drops of water off and clicked its insectoid mandibles at them.

"Seyle, I'm sure that this is a coordinated attack, you would best be careful! I'm moving the beetle in another direction, there's probably more ahead that set up an ambush, and is just waiting for us. I'll try to speed the beetle up, too, alright?!"

"Alright." She got onto the seat with her knees, facing the puzzle. It was tiger-like in shape, with a salamader tail, covered in scales excepting a few appendenges, which were two hands along with two sythe-like arms that were raised threatingly and two rather useless-looking wings, along with the aforementioned fox-head ((that had fins for ears)) with insect mandibles. Snarling and clicking at her, the puzzle jumped. Selye raised her poleaxe and jabbed, barely missing the censorkip.gif puzzle, which had managed to change direction mid-jump. Those wings weren't so useless after all.

It landed lightly on its paws to the side of the beetle, which was going faster by the margin of a snail's pace.

"The thing's probably going to charge again now that the beetle is balanced; You'll fall out in your position if it rams it again!"

((OOC: by the way, how much would you freak out if I told you one of my co-workers makes butterbeer at the Starbucks she works at?))

Umbra:

Snorting she just nods and runs her fingers through her hair. "Look, I didn't notice the stupid Demon Horror, I only saw the puzzle. He was cloaking himself." Shaking her head she notices her companion, a Large Raven, swoop from the sky and lands on her shoulder.

Vonagae:

Going out of her cave she goes to the barrier again, curling up in the bushes to watch and prey on another little bitty Caller. And hopefully not die trying.

((How much would you freak out if I told you that I make Butterbeer for my entire Quidditch team, and that I have a pet dragon? :3))

Hannalea gave the young sorceress a soft smile, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Young lady, you mistake my meaning. What you did was indeed foolish today- you could have been killed, but I do not say this to insult you. I say this so that you may learn from this and become a better warrior."

She pulled her hand back, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"I would like you to come with me. There is someone I wish you to meet." The border guard smiled, turning and continuing on her walk, assuming the other girl would come with her.

Even if she didn't follow, she would have to get Hannalea's permission to go into the Badlands, and then she could get the two to meet.

~~~~~

"Wait, seriously?" Talibah asked, looking back at Jacen while still elbowing her way through the crowded streets.

"I've been to a lot of places on this island in my life, but I've only met three people who've never had butterbeer before. You must live way far away from the cities!" The wanderer smiled, pushing open the wooden door as they arrived.

"Hey Kip! Two butterbeers please!" Talibah said to the barkeeper as she pulled out a stool and sat down.

"Well either way, it's delicious. Oh, and don't worry. There's no alcohol in it so you can have as many glasses as you can buy!" She told Jacen as she turned back towards him.

((OOC: That sounds pretty coo-wait, what? Did you say you have a pet dragon?

Umm... Mak? I was looking at my character form and I saw that you did not include any of the pictures for the weapons and armor for Jacen.))

Jacen

As they sat down at the bar, Jacen looked into his coin purse, and looked at the few coins he had in there. There was no way he could even afford to have one. Luxury was a rare thing for his family to have, especially since they used nearly every spare copper they had so that he could pursue his dream. He'd only ever had three birthday present's that his parent's spent any money on. His dagger, his sword, and every copper they could afford to give him on this trip, which wasn't even all that much. It wasn't even something he could use to buy food. That, he had to hunt and trap himself.

"Just make that one please." He said to the bartender. "I'm afraid that I'll have to pass."

Edited by Narath

Darien

Darien walked quickly towards the fire magician who held his watch. "So, I suppose you want it too. Well, if you do, you're not getting it." Darien held out his hand for the watch, ready to attack this time if needed. Suddenly, a bolt of strange purple lightning struck the ground two feet away from him, frying a citizen.

Scolisis

Scolisis got to his feet in a crystallized cave. He laughed to think of the chaos his parting gift would cause. Only that girl who called herself a dark magician had a chance at decoding his draconian, and even then he thought she wouldn't understand it. But that girl.. she would die. We'll see how she fares with no friends there to save her next time, he thought.

Edited by deathsnake951

((Yes, and his name is Blaze smile.gif He's a bearded dragon :3 I'll post his picture in the OOC))

Uh, I don't recall you ever sending me any. The only weapon picture I received through you was the sword KOI))

"Don't worry about it. Kip owes me a favor for saving his skin from a Puzzle a couple weeks ago." Talibah smiled at him.

"Plus, he said if I ever somehow managed to bring a guy in here with me, be it friend or foe, he'd give us both butterbeers on the house. Either way, you're trying one of these!" She laughed, not taking no for an answer despite not having much money herself.

"So, what do you want to talk about while we wait?"

~~~~~

"Look out!" Amanda screamed just as another bolt of strange lightning struck- nearly hitting her, but instead sending her beloved traveling cloak up in flames.

"Quick! We have to get out of here!" The fire mage exclaimed, grabbing the boy's sleeve and dragging him through the crowd, the watch still in her hand.

Edited by makenziec123

Umbra:

She follows the woman, petting the head of the beautiful raven. His midnight black feathers are soft like satin, and he is very kind. The beautiful bird spreads his wings and caws loudly before lowering himself on her shoulder and perching.

"So who is this person???" Umbra asks as she still mulls over in her mind the words the Demon told her. 'Si clax sia jaseve, whedab kepesk cotrhea!.....i take my leave, dark storm commence!' She shakes herself mentally and speaks quietly to her raven. "ehtah wer kothar, thesek jacion... sjek wux loreat, si geou raise wux tenamalo....go!" The large bird raises himself and flies off into the dark sky.

"Catch!" Amanda yelled, tossing the bespectacled boy his watch, then creating a swirl of flames around her like a spring that sent her up into the air only slightly above the demon.

"You Horrors are really starting to get on my nerves." The brunette growled, summoning her signature fire scythe and launching herself at the demon like a jet.

((Umm... What demon? Scolisis isn't here, and I didn't see you mention another one earlier...))

Edited by deathsnake951

((Oh. Uh. Sorry. Wait, then where'd the purple lightning come from???

Oooooh okay. I'll fix that other post real quick then.))

Hannalea glanced over her shoulder, a small smile playing across the short woman's lips.

"You'll see. He's the apprentice of an old military friend of mine. Quite skilled- top of his class. He passed hi archery exam the very first time he took it! And he was merely at the age of 17 then! Even more impressive!" The woman raved, increasing her pace slightly.

"Ah, there he is now!" Hannalea said, pointing out the red-armor clad knight walking through the crowd not too far away.

"Roark! Over here!" Hannalea called.

~~~~~

"Roark! Over here!" Said teenager heard someone calling to him.

Turning towards the sound of his name, the young apprentice then saw Hannalea- along with another girl covered in strange tattoos.

Just as the soldier-to-be was making his way over there, he saw purple lightning strike somewhere in the crowded streets not too far away.

Panic ensued as citizens ran away, but Roark had already notched an arrow and was making his way over to the head border guard, who had also drawn her weapon.

"I don't like the looks of this." Roark said.

Edited by makenziec123

((OOC: knife, katana, and leather armor

How do you have a dragon though?))

"I'm not really sure." Jacen answered. "There's not really much to tell anyways. I've lived on a farm my whole life, but I've never been interested in it. My whole life, I just wanted to fight the horrors. My parents were kind and understanding, so they used almost all of their life's savings to help my dream. And that is about it."

Umbra:

She looks up and sees a very handsome man about her age. Smiling sheepishly she looks at him before blinking and pulling out the battle ax from the void. She looks around and calls out in a tentative voice, "Has he gotten pass the barrier?!" Even though she knows that the demon started the dark storm.

((Battle ax: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q...jx75EfbHPYxnO4B ))