makenziec123

The Calling

((She's trapped in a room with the door and windows blocked, encased in a cocoon of water, and the only reason she passed out was because she used too much mana while making it and casting a spell that would allow her to breath underwater.))

Zeruk

Zeruk was beginning to panic, until he saw--

"Why?!" he'd shout at the newcomer, Tovan. Kicking down the door... it gave the fire a whole new set of oxygen to work with, and the flames seemed to double in size in seconds, reaching towards Tovan, as that was where the oxygen was.

Now there was a wall of fire between them and Tovan, the exit. The fire was increasing more rapidly now... Zeruk struggled to get free, but bit on Meira's hand. She let go. "Sorry!" he said, rushing over to get her bedsheets, the biggest and thickest clothes and blankets she owned (so... barely anything), and returned to Meira shortly. Almost as though he'd done it before, he wrapped everything around Meira and pointed her to the wall of fire. "You've got to jump through it," he said worriedly, determinedly.

He'd saved homeless children this way before.

Tovan

Tovan lifted his arms in order to shield them from the momentary flash of light as the flames increased. Seeing that there was now a wall of fire between them, Tovan gathered some more of his energy to strengthen the protective barrier around him, and stepped through the flames.

"Stay close to me!" He shouted as he pulled the two near to his body. This way, they too were inside the bubble of light and he didn't have to use up more energy to expand it.

"Come on! We have to get your sister!"

Hopefully, Meina had grabbed whatever she wanted from her room. Tovan doubted that she'd be happy to leave something precious to her behind.

"Jacen!?" Talibah yelled, frantically searching through the flames with her eyes as she coughed at the smokey air.

"I can hardly breathe. We need to get out of here soon." She thought.

"Talibah, look around you. Find a way to escape, then find this boy you're looking for." The voice in her head commanded.

The dark haired girl spun around, her blades still drawn from the previous battle, and found a small gap between one of the burning timbers and the wall.

"MOVE!!!!" The voice practically screamed at her as the roof gave a tired creak, sending yet another flaming log to the floor on Talibah's right.

Moving as quickly as she could, Talibah ran to the burning timber and hacked at it- sending up a flurry of sparks, but also causing the wood to fall so that she had more room to jump over it.

"Jacen!" She coughed, finding herself trapped once more by the flames.

She heard more timbers crashing and burning around her, and, not knowing what else to do, Talibah reached out and pulled in some of the strange rain through the window.

"Please please please please don't make the fire worse!"

Jacen

As Jacen continued his search, he suddenly stopped when he thought that he heard someone's voice.

"Jacen!" It called out again.

"Talibah?" He called back as he recognized her voice. "Talibah, where are you?"

The young man began to frantically search his way through the burning rubble, slightly panicking as he did so.

"Little one, calm down!" The gentle female voice urged him.

"I can't! Not when my friend is in danger!" He replied, getting more and more frantic in his search.

"Little one, please!" It begged. "Calm down! Focus! You could get hurt!"

But Jacen didn't listen. He was just too stubborn. After a few minutes of searching, he finally thought he saw her through the smoke.

"Talibah!" He called out in joy.

However, as he ran to her, a few large burning beams of timber fell in his path, causing him to have to stumble back to avoid it.

Vonagae:

Watching with the vision as perfect as a fresh snow sheleans down slightly enough to miss one of Tue daggers but not the other. Her wing gets a tear because of the other dagger. "You'll pay for that!" She growls and starts to summon a ring of fire around her. Her eyes glowing a bright red. Her paws are surrounded with smoke as she glares and snarls a fire ball as big as her head forming in her hands as she throws it at Roark.

Umbra:

She groans and rolls onto her side coughing up a little blood. She looks over and gasps when she sees roark and the demon fighting.

Rajjakus looked around the city with a satisfied air. Horrors were all over the town, there from the guard-less gate. Very few humans were running about, and the ones that were out were dead, dying, or trying to find shelter. His gaze settled on a burning inn momentary before passing onward from it. Suddenly, he lunged and with a punch knocked down the wall of an adjacent building, revealing terrified and shocked faces from within.

Roark tries to dodge out of the way of the huge fireball, and nearly succeeds- but the thick, heavy red armor he wore slowed him down too much, the fireball grazing over his leg.

He cried out, prying the melting metal plate off of his leg with a dagger so that it wouldn't burn his skin any further.

He heard Umbra cough and looked up through pain-blurred eyes, trying to decide if he could still stand or not as he experimentally flexed his leg.

"Not. Definitely, not." He grimaced.

"Umbra, get out of here!" The soldier cried, hurling the same dagger he had used to pry off his armor at the creature's chest.

"How am I gonna get out of this mess?"

"Roark. Aim for the hands." A small voice piped up in his head.

Just then, Roark's hand brushed against something-

"My bow!"

"Fire! Quickly! Your friends are all in danger!" The voice commanded as the soldier notched and loosed an arrow.

((Sorry guys I'm royally wiped out. I'll make a post for Talibah and Amanda in the morning when I wake up. *passes out on keyboard* hdkmsgnroijdfmanvdkm))

Edited by makenziec123

Zeruk

Now. The command came from within Zeruk, a voice shrill in its selfishness, its lordship over him. Zeruk's eyes began to glow a pale blue hue.

It was perfect timing. They hadn't stepped back through the flames, and it was his chance to kill two humans. The chance to have a reason for their deaths - the burning of the inn - so he wouldn't be suspected. So he could live for another day.

He started to draw on his magic, and a consciousness pushed against him - the consciousness of the original boy whose consciousness he had stolen. This came as a surprise to him - never before had it been so strong. But he pushed it back, centuries of experience and power behind him.

Zeruk closed his eyes, so they wouldn't see his glowing eyes, and forced his magic out of him. Barrier magic had always been a great asset to him... no, to it.

Always careful, though, Zeruk thought of if they survived. He didn't want to be found out. And so... He used his magical prowess to create a skin barrier, something that would protect him from harm, yet utterly invisible - because it was barely above each skin cell. He had had a long time to practice.

After that, he created a bubble in between the wooden panels in the floor underneath them. He forced that barrier to suddenly expand, letting its own energy fuel it - causing the floorboards to give way, already weakened by the fire.

That barrier dissipated, and if it went to plan, they'd fall into a giant flaming pit in the room under them - something he figured even the mage among them couldn't hold a barrier to.

For an instant, Zeruk smirked - and then, the barrier protecting him from harm still existing, the boy's consciousness moved back in - and he widened his eyes as the floor gave way.

"AAAAHHHHH!"

Edited by ModestyKing

Tovan

"Come on!" Tovan urged as the two heasitated to move. "We have to g..."

But suddenly, the floor beneath them crumbled. Eyes open in shock, Tovan was about to panick, but kept his emotions in order as there was two people other than himself in danger; one, a young boy who had barely lived his life, and the other, a young woman who had yet to experience freedom and joy. Tovan knew what he had to do. As they fell, Tovan was just able to move the protective bubble so that it enveloped the other two without him, as it would last longer if it was smaller. He then used the last of his energy that he could humanly sum up, and poured it into the magical shield. Hopefully, it would hold. As he hit the floor, Tovan could just feel the seering flames before he lost consciousness.

((OOC: Where is Mipuppy?))

Vonagae:

The arrow that was released goes through the hand of the She-demon. She roars in pain and looks around before disappearing, "You are now my watch, I shall murder you when you least expect it!" Disappearing into the thick smoke.

Umbra:

Crawling over to Roark she takes a look at his leg. "Hold still.." She whispers something to herself and uses one of the last ounces of energy she has to heal him. "Cmon.." She holds her hand out as she stands, going to help him up.

(I don't know, Narath, so I'm not going to respond until she does, if that's fine with you smile.gif )

(Also, to MaK, *hugs*)

((OOC: Oh. I forgot that the US has a different thanksgiving than us Canadians, eh.

I'm waiting for her too. All my characters are locked.))

Meira watched as the man burst into the room, she quickly recognized him as the aristocrat from earlier. For some reason, the flames didn't affect him, she didn't give it much thought because her attention was grabbed by something else. A chilling scream. Dread filled her as she squinted her eyes, trying to make out the small figure through the gray-white smoke, she already knew who's small scream it was. "Zeruk!" She wrestled herself from Tovan's grasp, taking a few fast steps her fingers brushed the boy's, as the ground crumbled beneath her feet.

(Sorry guys!)

Edited by mipuppy1

((OOC: I'm not sure. I sent her a pm, but she hasn't answered yet.))

((Nope, sorry. I think she might just be having troubles with school, homework and such. /shouldbefinishinghomework. /deadshot.))

(MaK's been sick, she's recovered for the most part now but has been making up homework and stuff. Sorry for not noticing your post earlier, mipuppy!)

Zeruk fell for a moment, feeling Meira's fingers brush against his person, before the floor suddenly impacted against him. Or maybe it was the other way around, but it sure felt like the floor had hit him. The floor below was a raging inferno, but for some reason he wasn't feeling it, despite being completely enveloped in flames. In fact, he couldn't see - the smoke, the fire... Zeruk immediately shut his mouth, instincts kicking in. He couldn't see where he was going, so he quickly tried to feel his way around.

The thought of trying to find Meira went through his head - it was soon pushed down, by something he didn't think about. Not knowing where to go and running out of breath, Zeruk managed to feel his way to a wall, and then a window. He held his fist back and then shot it forwards, desperation taking hold; he expected shards to pierce his skin, but... they still didn't.

He climbed out the window, not hesitating as he fell to the ground in front of the inn. The acidic rain was the only thing that made him frown; it felt a little strange where the rain touched him, though he didn't know why.

Where to go now...?