Naruhina_94

Help without Multiscrolling

Holiday games (haunted house, tree decoration...) should be permitted to a scroll-sitter?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Add new poll to decide if holiday games should be allowed!

Please, confirm your vote with a post and explain it smile.gif

Probably because you can't do anything with a trophy. It's an added little bauble, but it doesn't affect breeding or egg limits or anything.

The only trophy that does is the gold/silver/bronze which is not a limited thing.

I've come unpleasantly close to missing out on drops, one of them a holiday [Halloween 2012]. I would have been fine missing the trophy, but unless I'd gotten my set of CB Cavern Lurkers, I would not have been happy. Grabbing a set of bred-past-releases would be nice, but the one thing I would have demanded would have been the CB drop.

On that note, should Incubates be allowed while Holiday-sitting? Particularly Halloween, which is a "grab-hatch-grab again" moment.

Blusangs are dropping more frequently now? blink.gif

You have explained my point of view about holiday games (and yes, blusang seems more frequently to me in these times. xd.png)

We are talking about helping to catch the CB holiday during the relase, not the previous week with all old dragons. The halloween Breeding relase is every year, and even if would be more easy to find a 2nd gen cavern lurker this year you can try even the next one. You won't be able to find any Halloween 2013 CB, instead ohmy.gif

If you have other reasons to allow the haunt even during the week before the new relase, please explain them!

Neutral on freezing. If you're just going to freeze one of the holidays, you can always freeze a lineaged one later on. There's no strong reason to freeze a CB one instead of a lineaged one (honestly, there's probably a good reason not to freeze CB ones...). Then again, if you're a younger player who's going to be spending the next 4+ years doing family holidays and not having access to the internet during Christmas or whatever, I can see how it'd be frustrating to continually miss out on getting those frozens to finish up your collection.

This reasoning goes well to holiday times, I agree with you, but what about the normal scroll-sitting during the year? If someone has an army of frozen hatchies maybe he needs that someone freeze them if he can't xd.png

Anyway also this person has reason:

I'm against allowing for freezing. If you do things right, you have a window of 12+ days to log in and do your freezing thing. That's a good-sized window of opportunity to do your own freezing.

It concerns to prevent the growth, as in the case of preventing death by sick or softh shell of an egg, even if in this case, as you said, there would be more time.

I can see both sides of this. I am against the idea of a scroll helper though. If I lose out on something, I'll get a bred one the following year. Because guess what, if something happened to me that I couldn't make it to DC, believe me...THAT situation would be way more important than me even THINKING about this game. Missing out on a holiday dragon would be the last thing on my mind.

Obviously this game is less important than real life, but if something sad happened to you, you should be always try to back into shape and go ahead... and in this case (at least for me) I would be happy to find normality even in small and "stupid" things like this game. I'm sorry if this sounds perfunctory, I do not want to disrespect anyone... I just say that it hasn't to be something terrible that prevents you from participating, even an unexpected visit of relatives and friends will prevent you from being on the computer. unsure.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

Thousands of users can be in the biomes refreshing and grabbing those holiday eggs.

But the events? Usually much more personal. Like the tree decorating, what if the scroll-sitter decorated your tree in a way you think is horribly ugly, but it's stuck there on your scroll now. And the RP events where we have to go through different places and read the text and figure out things and collect all the items... And the Halloween cooking thing, where we all *could* make exactly the same things, but DID everyone make exactly the same number of things or in the same order?

Events should be something a user experiences for themselves. (PLUS, events can sometimes mean a raffle-ticket for a Prize Dragon, and no, with how FEW Prize Dragons are given out it's not fair for someone to potentially win when they weren't even here.)

What a user sees as important can differ from person to person. You won't get a chance at another badge the following year for the little games. I don't even consider it a "more personal" thing, but that's just me smile.gif

To feel bad for someone and help get them eggs, only to turn around and say, well I'm not going to help you get raffle tickets because it's not fair that you're not here to get them yourself...does not make sense to me one bit. If this option were allowed and I did have to get holiday dragons for a friend, I would be sure to help them get as many raffle chances as I could (IF I was allowed). If they weren't here to get their own eggs, they probably had a good reason and I'd only be more than willing to help out any way possible. I believe they'd deserve a chance to win as well.

Personally I think we should do away with the rule entirely. That's just me though.

Personally I think we should do away with the rule entirely. That's just me though.

Which rule are you talking about?

Because the rule is that another person playing your scroll is considered Multiscrolling and you risk a burn.

I am not opposed to someone catching some eggs and teleporting them to a user who is unable to get them themselves, but we cannot allow someone to use our scrolls to catch.

Reasons?

I have been in position to see it go very very badly south with people stealing scrolls, doing things with dragons that do not belong to them and other things.

Also it is not recommended at any time to give out your password. Staff also cannot really help much in those circumstances.

doing away with the rule that prevents scroll sitting opens up problems that users would feel Staff can and should intervene with. It Allowing scroll sitting would make it seem that we endorse the practice.

I am not opposed to DC events, however seeing how much BAD blood is out there regarding the raffle, how badly winners are treated. How much winners are bugged, harassed or guilted into giving out their prize eggs. And How some winners have felt like they would rather have not won because of all this, I'd be a staunch supporter of its end.

Because the rule is that another person playing your scroll is considered Multiscrolling and you risk a burn.

I am not opposed to someone catching some eggs and teleporting them to a user who is unable to get them themselves, but we cannot allow someone to use our scrolls to catch.

Reasons?

I have been in position to see it go very very badly south with people stealing scrolls, doing things with dragons that do not belong to them and other things.

Also it is not recommended at any time to give out your password. Staff also cannot really help much in those circumstances.

doing away with the rule that prevents scroll sitting opens up problems that users would feel Staff can and should intervene with. It Allowing scroll sitting would make it seem that we endorse the practice.

I am not opposed to DC events, however seeing how much BAD blood is out there regarding the raffle, how badly winners are treated. How much winners are bugged, harassed or guilted into giving out their prize eggs. And How some winners have felt like they would rather have not won because of all this, I'd be a staunch supporter of its end.

I never say that you have to give you password to someone else.

I suggest catching eggs only during Holiday relase and only be allowed to fog/unfog and freeze for the rest of the year.

I also said that this is an option. Everyone takes his responsibilities when accepting a scroll sitting, as in the case of an IOU.

There no way that someone could stole your scroll or do action that you haven't allowed him to do.

We are not talking about the end of holiday games.

Please read the first post and the following answers, it seems that you haven't done it.

I'm sorry if you do, there was just my impression. unsure.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

I am against most of the options given for this idea, since it does open the door wide for multiscrolling and other issues as Starscream relates. Before Teleport was implemented, there was a place for catchers, but since Teleport was implemented, there is only one reason I can see for someone to access another's scroll, and that is the fogging or unfogging to protect an egg or hatchling.

If you're leaving on vacation, get your BSAs completed before you leave. If there is a new release while you are gone, well, they're all scheduled now, so either get to a library or other public computer if it's something you must have, or wait until you come back.

I have missed new releases, and it is NOT the end of the world. It took two months to catch my first Tri-horn after my computer died during the release, the Tsunamis were gradually caught over time, I've finally caught some CB Blusangs in the past month, (how long ago were they released? xd.png) and I assume the CBs for the Green Coppers and Green Lindwurms will eventually be obtainable. Life goes on.

While generous and honest players who can catch anything will be unaffected, opening the door for multscrolling will only widen the gap between unscrupulous haves and all of us who do not have faster technology/reflexes.

I never say that you have to give you password to someone else.

I suggest catching eggs only during Holiday relase and only be allowed to fog/unfog and freeze for the rest of the year.

In order to fog/unfog. Password is needed.

I read the first post.

How about this. The sitter can do the xmas event, getting the user any icons and sprites, but they would not get the user any raffle tickets. But the scroll owner would have the ability to reset the xmas event, allowing them to get raffle tickets.

I've thought from day one that it was pretty dumb that no other user could ever log into your account even briefly to help out. I think this whole idea, no matter how limited the user base agrees it should be in the end, is a huge step in the right direction.

What I particularly like from the OP is the idea of having a setting allowing a specific user to access your scroll at certain times, with limitations on what they can do. That's awesome, and could really help a lot of people who've dropped off the game because of college (I know one person whose college server actually blocks DC; she can't possibly log in, even to keep her names) or people going through a life crisis where pixelated dragons really just aren't priority anymore.

It seems like 1/4 of the suggestions I see get shot down with "OMG THIS OPENS US UP TO MULTISCROLLERS" as if that isn't even a thing right now. Seriously, I have two computers, so I can play two scrolls and look like totally different people, no problem. I don't, because I don't see the point (I worked hard on my scroll and don't really feel like starting from scratch, thankyouverymuch) and I agreed not to when I signed up for the game. People will find a way around anything. So let's stop penalizing the people who are doing things right in the name of preventing a few people from doing something wrong, and encourage ways to help them.

ETA: I totally did not read through the entire thread before posting, just the OP and a couple of random posts, so please don't assume anything in this post is directed at you (the reader) personally if you posted something about this topic before me. It's not. It's an overall attitude I'm addressing and I love you.

Oh, and I voted yes on the holiday games because some people just want the badge even if they can't get to the game right now.

Edited by LibbyLishly

How about this. The sitter can do the xmas event, getting the user any icons and sprites, but they would not get the user any raffle tickets. But the scroll owner would have the ability to reset the xmas event, allowing them to get raffle tickets.

I agree with this, I' ll update this into the op asap.

I think that allow scroll-sitting is something that TJ should have done long time ago.

Scroll-sitting is not only usefull during Holiday releases, because really, if for whatever reasons I can't be on the computer during the release I won't be able to get that CB Holiday dragon ever. A lot of people said that if you miss the release you can always trade the CB holiday dragon. But what if I have nothing to trade for? Is it so wrong that someone that I trust can help me? no, I think it's not.

Let's say that I'm going to a vacation next week, in this case I know that I can't take any eggs before I leave because I can't take care of them. But Saturday I see a CB Gold in a biome, so what do I do? leave the Gold? I don't think that someone will leave it. But how do I make sure that it won't get sick, that it will be the gender that I need, and that it won't die while I'm gone? I can't. Because, since I don't neither have internet in my mobile phone nor I can have access to internet in any other way, I can't check on it.

Or maybe I can't log in DC for a week because I have other issues in the real life, that are sudden and I don't have time to check my scroll by myself. It's the same thing, nothing changes.

The scroll-sitter instead can take care of my CB Gold, or my other dragons while I can't.

So, I agree to the scroll-sitting idea and I like it very much, and for those who said that it will be dangerous to leave the your scroll in someone else hands, you have to remember that in this topic it's stated that the owner of the scroll would have the chance to decide which actions the sitter can do.

If I'm afraid that my sitter would freeze the wrong hatchi (seriously, would you leave your scroll to someone who you don't trust even with those options? I don't think so) I use account setting and decide that my sitter won't be allowed to use the freeze action. I don't think that this is so complicated.

Same thing with the password issue, it is already stated here that the scroll-owner can not only decide for how long the sitter can stay in his/her scroll bur also that the password would be temporary.

It is also stated that the sitter won't be allowed do teleport/abandon/kill the eggs/hatchies. That during the scroll-sitting the sitter can only fog/unfog, freeze, and influence the eggs/hatchies that the owner had abilitated from the account setting. Also the possibility to take CBs is only allowed during the day of the Holiday release, and that the scroll-owner won't be able to trade/teleport the CBs that the sitter took for him/her.

So, I'm asking: where is the problem with scroll-sitting? where is the danger of multiscrolling when the actions that the sitter can do are limited and are decided by the scroll-owner? because I don't see it.

How about this.  The sitter can do the xmas event, getting the user any icons and sprites, but they would not get the user any raffle tickets.  But the scroll owner would have the ability to reset the xmas event, allowing them to get raffle tickets.

I totally agree with you about this.

Also it is not recommended at any time to give out your password.

I think you misunderstood the way actions are meant to be handled in this suggestion. No one's suggesting giving anyone their password. There are two (/ three) options being discussed, neither which involves giving out the scroll password:

- A temporary password is generated. Either this password allows you to log in to a greatly neutered scroll (which lacks the option of setting a password tongue.gif or making any other account settings; just something that lets you do exactly the options discussed and nothing else!), or it's simply the password you use while you use actions that need a password.

- A password-less access, where the sitter uses their own password to confirm actions that need a password.

Ultimately, the list of access discussed in the first post is what's important. That's what's supposed to be allowed - nothing more. All discussions of a password are not there to circumvent that greatly reduced access; if that's what it would do, it'd be a bug in the implementation, not an intentional effect. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

To feel bad for someone and help get them eggs, only to turn around and say, well I'm not going to help you get raffle tickets because it's not fair that you're not here to get them yourself...does not make sense to me one bit.

There's a HUGE difference there though. THOUSANDS of CB holiday eggs are dropped each year, so it's not really a huge deal if someone grabs a few for someone else.

On the other hand, TEN gold Prize Dragons (Shimmers) were awarded during the raffle. Ten. That's IT. For Tinsels, it was FIVE. That's a very very *very* slim chance for how many users earn a raffle ticket, and because of how FEW are awarded, I don't think people who aren't playing should get a raffle ticket.

I can completely agree with the poll-option of letting the sitter do the "games" to get an event-badge for the person, but it won't count in the raffle.

Blusangs are dropping more frequently now? :blink:

Yes. Their ratios reset a few weeks ago, IIRC, so you can actually see them more than once in a blue moon (although they're still difficult to catch due to high demand).

I'd only support a sitter being able to do holiday events if Pokemonfan13's idea was implemented. Otherwise, I'd be against it.

I'm going to have to say I disagree with this idea entirely.

Scroll-sitting already happens. Basically the whole "temp password" is already in place because you could just change the password when you got back on. Though the way it is now, someone could change it first and you can't get back in, but that's your loss.

The problem I see with it is that pretty much anything can backfire. So you can allow them to fog your eggs, but what if they fog the eggs and don't let them ever get the needed views? And maybe they can't directly kill your eggs, but they may try to use a BSA like Bite or Earthquake that could kill them. Or they use the wrong gender for Influence. Or they could Teleport your eggs away. Too many things that can go wrong.

And allowing them to catch eggs from the cave or abandoned page? NO WAY. Some people may be honest and are really gone for the holidays, but others probably just want to let their account go to someone with faster internet, faster reflexes, etc. That would put others at a disadvantage. It may be small, but it's still that much more unfair for the other players.

People already complain about things going wrong when they allow others to scroll-sit. If this were a feature, there would probably be a lot more complaints and a bunch of people wanting everything to return to the way it was because DC is responsible for fully allowing scroll-sitting and needs to pay.

DC endorses players being able to have full control and command of THEIR OWN scroll. This would mean that they are okay for the power to be in someone else's hands, even if it was the player who gave control to that other person. That other person is NOT the player. They do not think the exact same way or feel the exact same way or make choices the exact same way.

As great as the idea sounded when I first read it, I realized that there is one BIG problem with it endorsing control over scrolls to be in the hands of others.

It won't work. Even though it would help some, it's offering a very dangerous loophole to the game. So I'm sorry, but no support at all from me.

People already complain about things going wrong when they allow others to scroll-sit. If this were a feature, there would probably be a lot more complaints and a bunch of people wanting everything to return to the way it was because DC is responsible for fully allowing scroll-sitting and needs to pay.

Erk... I have to admit I don't follow your line of logic... sad.gif Because people already do a much, much riskier version of what the Suggestion proposes and complain about it, you want to oppose this suggestion, which gives them far more control (and finer, if we define access rights by deciding precisely which privileges to give and which not) over what can and can't go wrong? I'd use the same argument for the suggestion:

Scroll-sitting already happens. At least we can make it safer. smile.gif

(Also, I think there's a chance you might be misunderstanding the temporary password suggestion? I'm not entirely sure; but just in case, I figured I'd toss you a link about it.)

And allowing them to catch eggs from the cave or abandoned page? NO WAY. Some people may be honest and are really gone for the holidays, but others probably just want to let their account go to someone with faster internet, faster reflexes, etc. That would put others at a disadvantage. It may be small, but it's still that much more unfair for the other players.

I dunno. Given the holiday AP wall and the fact nothing but the holiday release drops in the cave, and it does so en masse, even for Halloween (where there are no species limits) I'm not sure I understand the advantage. Maybe to catch Hollies from the AP for Christmas? Though, if people want that, though, they already can; in fact, in a much more effective way, by arranging trades for these things (presumably the catcher will want a fee anyway - and if not, great! There are holiday gifting threads; and tons of off-forum arrangements for please-catch-me-something-shiny trades) and catching more themselves in parallel. smile.gif With this suggestion, you'd have worse chances; only the 'better player' gets to catch - the moment you log on, their access expires.

The only thing that might be appealing about the scenario is the (1) lack of cooldown, (2) lack of waiting for trades to be accepted. Since that hasn't stopped people in the past, I'm not fussed, however:

#1 could be easily patched up by using phantom cooldown slots for eggs caught on other people's scrolls, e.g. you log on to your own scroll, catch five CB halloweens, log on to another person's scroll, catch two CB halloweens, and the you need to wait a while for all seven eggs to get off cooldown before you can catch more. (Obviously regardless of whether your access was revoked or not, otherwise the original player would just revoke your access immediately after you've caught stuff and free up those slots again. Maybe there could be a nice phantom egg sprite on the catcher's scroll in the meanwhile, so they know. ^___^)

(Meanwhile, #2 doesn't strike me as an issue, honestly. The interesting trades are usually arranged before the holiday, and reaction times to those tend to be very swift from what I've observed. Edit: Though I suspect it would be easy enough to extend the phantom cooldown effect to AP eggs (and potentially increase the phantom cooldown of CB eggs to the same degree, e.g. 5 + 2 = 7 hours instead of 5 hours, if AP eggs phantom-cooldown for 2 hours) if someone thinks it's an important concern.)

Edited by pinkgothic

I understand the temporary password fully.

It's still too risky and I don't think DC should have anything that lets players effectively have less control of their own account. As it stands, the idea has too much that it needs to balance it well. Even the temporary password and restricting options is too little. Honestly, I think you just either need to be here to snag a holiday or two, or...well...too bad, sorry. :c Try again next year and arrange a trade with someone. The trade is safer and doesn't take control out of the player's hands.

I'm going to have to say I disagree with this idea entirely.

Scroll-sitting already happens. Basically the whole "temp password" is already in place because you could just change the password when you got back on. Though the way it is now, someone could change it first and you can't get back in, but that's your loss.

The problem I see with it is that pretty much anything can backfire. So you can allow them to fog your eggs, but what if they fog the eggs and don't let them ever get the needed views? And maybe they can't directly kill your eggs, but they may try to use a BSA like Bite or Earthquake that could kill them. Or they use the wrong gender for Influence. Or they could Teleport your eggs away. Too many things that can go wrong.

DC endorses players being able to have full control and command of THEIR OWN scroll. This would mean that they are okay for the power to be in someone else's hands, even if it was the player who gave control to that other person. That other person is NOT the player. They do not think the exact same way or feel the exact same way or make choices the exact same way.

As great as the idea sounded when I first read it, I realized that there is one BIG problem with it endorsing control over scrolls to be in the hands of others.

It won't work. Even though it would help some, it's offering a very dangerous loophole to the game. So I'm sorry, but no support at all from me.

Read the OP before answer to this topic, please. We have already discuss about the red lines.

From the first post:

When you allow someone else to log-in in your scroll ALL your Teleports get in a permanent CD until the owner returns.

Nothing can be teleported in or out your scroll until you log in.

In the same way ALL other actions would be interdicted. Only Fog/Unfog, Freeze, Influence and Catch Eggs (catch eggs only during holiday relases) would be permitted and you've to allow them one by one when you decide to take a scroll sitter.

NOT Allowed Actions (These can be ALL automatically interdicted when you choose a Scroll Sitting mode from your Account Settings):

- Breed

- Teleport (that would be interdicted anyway)

- Bite

- Abandon/relase ANY dragons

- Change custom sort

- Change account Settings

- Kill

- Revive

- Incubate

- Fertility

- Any other actions, BSA or Account Settings' action

First Post, Update days ago.

This suggest should allow Catching Eggs ONLY for Holiday Relases and ONLY Holiday breeds, to not lose a CB Dragon.

- The scroll sitter could do only Fog/Unfog, Influence* and Freeze* during the rest of the year.

*Should freezing and influence be permitted? (still discussing)

- Maybe if you can check which hatchies can be frozen and which not before leaves them to the scroll-sitter...

- Influences done while in sitter mode could be re-influencable by the scroll owner to prevent the ability from being abused.

- Only one week maximum for the scroll sitter.

- Eggs catched by the scroll-sitter cannot be teleported.

(still discussing)

- How to log in?

Proposals by Pokemonfan13

1) The simplest would be to have a sitter password in account settings. When that password is used to log in to your scroll it is in sitter mode and only "sitter mode" actions can be done.

Account Setting --> Security and Privacy --> Take a scroll-sitter passord *Warning! When someone use this password can log in into your account and do these actions: Freeze - Influence - Fog/Unfog - Catching Eggs (Avaliable only during Holiday relases)*

2) Secondarily, you can have an expiring password. To me this is more trouble than it's worth. If you want to revoke access after the sitting is done, just change/remove the sitter password. Although if the expiration is optional I don't see the harm.

(Proposal by Naruhina_94)

3) Account Setting --> Security and Privacy --> Allow *tipe Scroll name here* to login in your scroll for *tipe the time here* Actions permitted *Catch Eggs / Fog-Unfog / Freeze (selected which hatchies) / Influence (selected which eggs)*.

Only the person who had the scroll's name typed on this option can login in to your scroll. She/He has just to login in their own and clicking a pop-up on the top of their scroll to go on yours.

We are still discussing about a scroll-sitter during the Breeding week before an Holiday Relase and it propends to a no (for now). Question for everyone: Someone think that a Scroll-sitter should be allowed to do this?

It doesn't matter how faster internet, faster reflexes has the scroll-sitter during an Holiday relase even a sloth could take an egg...

I think that my suggestion doesn't take control out of the player's hands, since the owner can login and take bak his scroll in any moment. Also this suggestion was sent to help those who already haven't control on their scroll, because thay cannot connect on internet...

However I think that NOBODY could ask for a Scroll-Sitter without trust him... It would be very stupid... If you are too scary about the consequences just not use this OPTION. Because this is an option, and even if you think that you'll never use it, maybe someone else would enjoy it (cit: First Post)

The poll will end when we'll reach 100 votes or more on an option

Edited by Naruhina_94

Pinkgothic, I don't understand how either #1 or 2 are important concerns. Like you said, if you have internet access and time [ie can spend more than a quick check] anyone can catch eggs during the holiday drop. If nothing else wait closer to the end when more people are full up and there's less compitition. So the unfair factor just isn't there. Sure, someone who is lazy could ask a friend to catch for them, but they'd have been able to get those eggs anyways.

And we've pretty much already decided that the only catching is CB holiday, no AP.

Unless you have a poll to put up next, it's better to just let it sit.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

And we've pretty much already decided that the only catching is CB holiday, no AP.

I think this is what a lot of people are getting confused on. From what I've seen, the primary reason people want to allow Holiday catching is the mass-grab Halloween or trying for a Christmas Holly.

You can only get 2 Hollies. Waiting a year won't hurt you, since you can't get a CB anyways. After this Christmas' breeding is done, there will be even more Hollies to breed next year.

So limiting the AP catching, revoking it entirely, won't hurt. I voted to allow the events, simply because of sprite-collecting. If you're going to be away, you shouldn't get 100% exactly what you would have if you'd been online. Only the things that you can never get again, ever, period. You miss out, you miss out. I'd be upset at not getting a shot at the raffle, but as was stated earlier, with so few prize dragons given out, it would be incredibly unfair for one to land on an unused scroll.

Storylines, like last Halloween? Can't you see those on the Wiki, once it gets updated?

As for the "ugly tree decorating", you should be able to arrange ahead of time with your sitter what kind of general idea you'd want. I mean, you obviously trust them enough with temporary limited control of your scroll, right?

Pinkgothic, I don't understand how either #1 or 2 are important concerns.

Perhaps I should have been clearer: I don't consider them important. I just try to cover the eventualities in case they're important for someone else. smile.gif

user posted image

Read the OP before answer to this topic, please. We have already discuss about the red lines.

From the first post:

First Post, Update days ago.

We are still discussing about a scroll-sitter during the Breeding week before an Holiday Relase and it propends to a no (for now). Question for everyone: Someone think that a Scroll-sitter should be allowed to do this?

It doesn't matter how faster internet, faster reflexes has the scroll-sitter during an Holiday relase even a sloth could take an egg...

I think that my suggestion doesn't take control out of the player's hands, since the owner can login and take bak his scroll in any moment. Also this suggestion was sent to help those who already haven't control on their scroll, because thay cannot connect on internet...

However I think that NOBODY could ask for a Scroll-Sitter without trust him... It would be very stupid... If you are too scary about the consequences just not use this OPTION. Because this is an option, and even if you think that you'll never use it, maybe someone else would enjoy it (cit: First Post)

Excuse me, but I don't think you're understanding me from what I'm posting. That gif was extremely rude and unnecessary.

I did read the first post. While I haven't read the entire thread, I did at least check the first post. I know that there are certain limitations for the scroll-sitter. What I'm trying to say is that NO MATTER WHAT the limitations are, this is taking the control out of the player's hands. Yes, I KNOW, the player would be able to log back in whenever, but they can still do that NOW when they have a scroll-sitter. Some people are going to want to allow those certain options along the line at some point. Some are going to want the scroll-sitters to also be grabbing AP eggs. THAT'S why I posted what I did.

This suggestion, no matter how sugarcoated, how thoroughly checked and balanced, takes the control out of the player's hands and puts them in someone else's. That someone else has limits, but it's still not the player's direct actions, thoughts, or feelings. Even if there are punishments for the other person if they don't follow the directions given and the restrictions, the player still isn't in full control of their own account at that point.

I understand that it is an OPTION. I'm not scared about the consequences, I'm saying that it isn't a good option for this game BECAUSE the player isn't in full control.

Even if all that person is allowed to do is grab holiday eggs, that's still not in the player's control. This game should be specifically meant for only the player to control what happens with their stuff. If they aren't online due to internet, holidays, computer issues, too bad. It sounds cruel, but that's how it is. This game isn't mandatory to play. If you're really really really wanting those holiday eggs, people already scroll-sit. If scroll-sitting is made an OPTION, it means that DC is saying it is okay for the player to not have full control of their account.

There's a HUGE difference there though. THOUSANDS of CB holiday eggs are dropped each year, so it's not really a huge deal if someone grabs a few for someone else.

On the other hand, TEN gold Prize Dragons (Shimmers) were awarded during the raffle. Ten. That's IT. For Tinsels, it was FIVE. That's a very very *very* slim chance for how many users earn a raffle ticket, and because of how FEW are awarded, I don't think people who aren't playing should get a raffle ticket.

I can completely agree with the poll-option of letting the sitter do the "games" to get an event-badge for the person, but it won't count in the raffle.

To me, I don't care if it was one prize. If given the chance, as I said, I'd still want my friend to have the same opportunity as the rest. It may not be fair to a lot of people, but it would be fair to me.

I am still against the idea altogether, I'm pretty sure TJ wouldn't even allow this, but I voted yes (top one), only because if this turned into a real option, I would want sitters to be allowed to help as much as possible.

I would suggest that a scroll sitter could catch a max of 2 eggs on the scroll they are sitting, and be allowed only to fog. No killing, no breeding, no trading no freezing.

Since we are limiting this to holiday releases, my reasoning is this. EXCEPT for Halloween, all holidays are limited to 2, and they only have 1 gender. Which means influencing is pointless. Yes Halloween is different, but in more then just the dual gender unlimited catch way. There is also more competition, so I think it's a tradeoff. You get 2 CB eggs and if need be you can swap for the gender anyways.

Incubating is pointless as you can't catch more eggs any ways, so there is no reason to use it.

Reason I say no freezing is thus: You can always breed a hatchy to freeze another year, and if you're gone less then 2 weeks, which seems to be the timeline we're talking here, proper use of fogging will give you a period of time just shy of 2 weeks to freeze a hatchy.

I would say the sitter scroll be limited to unfrozen egg and hatchy acess ONLY since there would be no point to touching adults.

Also no I agree they should not be able to enter the draw for you, but you should be allowed to reset it and do it yourself if you wish.