Naruhina_94

Help without Multiscrolling

Holiday games (haunted house, tree decoration...) should be permitted to a scroll-sitter?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that there are some things considered Multiscrolling and they aren't. We can find a way to agree on clear rules and make the game more comfortable and flowable.

Please don't just say "it's against the rules", I incredibly already know this... and it's because of that I'm here to try to find a solution.

A solution cannot be found without YOUR interest to make this game better every day. Try to imagine YOU in a big problem, looking for help almost in DC...

So please, be proactive.

From Terms and Conditions of the game:

Multiple Accounts

By signing up, you agree that you will only create one (1) account. You also agree that you will not falsify information when creating accounts for any reason.

From FAQ:

Q: My friend/family member said I could log into their scroll and help them, is this okay?

A: When you log into another scroll, it's then considered yours. Help your friend out by gifting them or reminding them to breed or getting permission to add their dragons to fansites. Their scroll is their own, though.

How can I really help a friend without momentarily log in his/her scroll?

How can I see easily, as in my own scroll, if he/her has sick eggs or hatchies?

How can I fog these and prevent their death without use the Fog action?

How can I help a friend, a family member, an user of DC to enjoy this wonderful game even when He or She cannot do this on their own?

I know that Dragon Cave aims to be a personal game, where each of us have his own scroll, and I'm totally agree with this. But we can help each other, be useful, constant and present in times of troubles even in a game like this. I'm not speaking of steal another account or find an illegal way to have more scrolls.

I'm looking for a way to help someone else, if first is DEMONSTRATED that there are TWO persons behind an help request. Each person with his own Scroll.

There's no multiscrolling if there are more people! And this help would be ALWAYS momentary.

Someone else scroll wouldn't and mustn't be considered mine.

There were problems and suspects even with Teleport. Many users said that it would help too much Multiscrolling, but it is here anyway xd.png

We could find a simple way to resolve this with the Account Setting wink.gif

Account Setting --> Security and Privacy --> Allow *tipe Scroll name here* to login in your scroll for *tipe the time here* Actions permitted *Catch Eggs (ADD: Only during Holiday Relases) / Fog-Unfog / Freeze* / Influence*.

- Your password wouldn't be revelated. The Scroll-sitter access to your scroll with a new generated password or an Option on your Account setting and when you come back and type the real password the scroll returns to be "locked" for everyone else except you (even if you come back before the end of the time.)

- When you allow someone else to log-in in your scroll ALL your Teleports get in a permanent CD until the owner returns.

Nothing can be teleported in or out your scroll until you log in.

In the same way ALL other actions would be interdicted. Only Fog/Unfog, Freeze, Influence and Catch Eggs (catch eggs only during holiday relases) would be permitted and you've to allow them one by one when you decide to take a scroll sitter.

- To prevent abuse of this action it could be allow only one time per month. A scroll sitting may last up to two weeks one week, not more.

- It's easy to see how different is the IP of an user and a Scroll-sitter user. There would be no ways to ignore multiscrolling.

I think that the Terms and Condition 's rule said this perfectly: nobody can have more than one scroll or have the password of another scroll and use it as his own.

However, it's a bit more difficult to say no to your little sister, or friend if they ask you if, please, "you" can help them while they cannot connect to Dragon Cave. You would say NO like a *grumpy cat face*

Since an honest scroll-sitter wouldn't use another scroll as his own, but he merely does what was asked by the true owner, these are the only exceptions that there wouldn't be consider Multiscroll:

- Log-in in another scroll just to keep an eye on the egg/hatchies' status: if they get sick then allow the scroll-sitter to fog them and unfog when they're ok. Don't do anything else.

- Take eggs during an Holiday Relase. Beacause THIS is irreparable. If I cannot take an egg during its own holiday relase I'll NEVER be able to have it as CB. This ruins my scroll goal, my future breeding project and happiness in play DC, beacuse there are no reasons that someone else cannot help me after my specific request to do it.

Example:

Anna and Jhon play to Dragon Cave. Anna has broken her leg on 20 december and she has to stay in hospital for a week. Doesn't Anna deserve to have her Christmas dragons? If only she could ask help to Jhon...

I think that it could be use even for normal relases, but I'm not totally sure about this.

- Freeze an hatchie (obviusly only if required from the owner himself).

- Influence an egg, during Halloween new relase for example (obviusly only if required from the owner himself).

NOT Allowed Actions (These can be ALL automatically interdicted when you choose a Scroll Sitting mode from your Account Settings):

- Breed

- Teleport (that would be interdicted anyway)

- Bite

- Abandon/relase ANY dragons

- Change custom sort

- Change account Settings

- Kill

- Revive

- Incubate

- Fertility

- Any other actions, BSA or Account Setting.

It's not a way to gift your scroll to someone else. It's not a way to help Multiscrolling.

It could be a valid solution to unforeseen events and holidays that prevent access to the internet, to check the relationships between various scroll, to prevent ugly incidents such as the loss of a CB holiday and to legalize a peaceful relationship between multiple users, that can trust each others.

However, this is an action that may or may not be used, at free choice of the user. Even If you think that you'll never use it, maybe someone else would enjoy it wink.gif

What do you think about that?

NB: I'm not native english speaker, please use a clear language to reply, and ask if I've accidentally miss something! wink.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Users' reply:

- This suggest should allow Catching Eggs ONLY for Holiday Relases and ONLY Holiday breeds, to not lose a CB Dragon.

- The scroll sitter could do only Fog/Unfog, Influence* and Freeze* during the rest of the year.

*Should freezing and influence be permitted? (still discussing)

- Maybe if you can check which hatchies can be frozen and which not before leaves them to the scroll-sitter...

- Influences done while in sitter mode could be re-influencable by the scroll owner to prevent the ability from being abused.

- Only one week maximum for the scroll sitter.

- Eggs catched by the scroll-sitter cannot be teleported.

(still discussing)

- How to log in?

Proposals by Pokemonfan13

1) The simplest would be to have a sitter password in account settings. When that password is used to log in to your scroll it is in sitter mode and only "sitter mode" actions can be done.

Account Setting --> Security and Privacy --> Take a scroll-sitter passord *Warning! When someone use this password can log in into your account and do these actions: Freeze - Influence - Fog/Unfog - Catching Eggs (Avaliable only during Holiday relases)*

2) Secondarily, you can have an expiring password. To me this is more trouble than it's worth. If you want to revoke access after the sitting is done, just change/remove the sitter password. Although if the expiration is optional I don't see the harm.

(Proposal by Naruhina_94)

3) Account Setting --> Security and Privacy --> Allow *tipe Scroll name here* to login in your scroll for *tipe the time here* Actions permitted *Catch Eggs / Fog-Unfog / Freeze (selected which hatchies) / Influence (selected which eggs)*.

Only the person who had the scroll's name typed on this option can login in to your scroll. She/He has just to login in their own and clicking a pop-up on the top of their scroll to go on yours.

- Holiday games (haunted house, tree decoration...) should be permitted to a scroll-sitter?

How about this. The sitter can do the xmas, valentine, easter and halloween event, getting the user any icons and sprites, but they would not get the user any raffle tickets. But the scroll owner would have the ability to reset the xmas event, allowing them to get raffle tickets.

The poll will end when we'll reach 100 votes or more on an option

- Scroll-sitter should be able to take old holiday breeds during the Breeding week before an Holiday Relase?

(Still discussing)

Best answer PRO this idea.

I like this idea. smile.gif All of it.

I don't see 'playing with two scrolls' being comparable, any more than it's comparable to catching and gifting, honestly. It removes one downside - the scroll lock - but I've got to admit I'm struggling to understand why anyone considers the eggs in the catcher's control. They've got as little control over them as they'd have if they just gifted them - they can't influence them, they can't trade them, they can't breed them once they've matured, they can't kill them, they can't even abandon them... I'm honestly neither seeing how this can be abused to skirt site rules, nor how it's synonymous with multiscrolling. (I might just be missing something obvious, though; apologies if I've mis- or overread something.)

Regarding the potential trust abuse aspect, I just want to add one thing: Unlike viewbombing, this is an opt-in decision. You don't have to set some sort of switch and negotiate with someone before you can be viewbombed.

As for making agreements with people to scroll-sit your scroll and that not working out as intended... it's very unfortunately that it happens. sad.gif But... this actually addresses a lot of potential issues with scroll-sitting, and I'd much prefer this over sharing my password with someone if something were to happen to me (or I move again on extremely short notice and enter an internet-less zone when I still have growing dragons to care for).

Regarding the trust abuse issue:

How about if there were a set of checkboxes that let you decide what you want the scroll-sitter to be able to do? At the very least for the controversial access rights, such as freezing.

Best answer AGAINST this idea.

The difference is the last one is called MULTISCROLLING. For a REASON. It doesn't matter *why* you are doing it, if you are logging into someone ELSE'S scroll and CATCHING EGGS, you are indeed playing with TWO SCROLLS. Details really don't matter. You are catching eggs on two different scrolls. Ie, muti-scrolling.

Accepting trades are, obviously, nothing like that.

My personal reason for not wanting freezing in this whole deal: Okay, so say I DO trust someone enough to allow them access to my scroll. .... And they screw me over and freeze my Gold hatchling instead of my mint hatchling like I asked them to. Not, this is not a random example. IT HAPPENS. Users TALK about it.

And I think that's my biggest problem with this whole idea. We already HAVE a huuuuge problem with viewbombers deliberately hurting/killing our dragons. And we already HAVE problems with allowing people onto our scrolls and then they do horrible things. So honestly, I don't see a user-option to allow certain people access to their scroll any different then the things we already have problems with.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I don't think people should be allowed to catch eggs. Then you'd have cases where people could use the scrolls of family members long since quit to collect Holidays and use them to create inter-scroll lineages... sure, you'd not be able to trade them over directly, but it'd still allow one person to effectively have quite a few more CB Holidays under their control than they should. Or said person could just come back and then give them the eggs they caught for them. Don't get me wrong, I can see the uses--indeed, in years past, I helped a few people catch Holidays in such a way before realizing I was putting my scroll at risk--but the potential for abuse is too high IMO. ;___;

However! I think the idea of a shared account for simply FOGGING and UNFOGGING is perfectly reasonable.

This is pretty much well thought through and I agree with most of it, but...

I'm completely against catching eggs, I can see the "holiday" argument, but still. If you can't limit it to holidays then your scrollsitter could buff your scroll for you immensly and that's against the spirit of the thing.

I also think the "two weeks" period is too long. One week should do fine for anything you have on your scroll when you're forced afk (if your sitter knows what he's doing).

Maybe I could support the catching if it was limited to holidays - otherwise I'd have to say "tough luck, try to trade" as harsh as that sounds.

But I whole-heartedly support the whole "sitter is allowed to fog/unfog/freeze" (although freeze should be opt-out for the scroll owner).

Ninja'd by ADP biggrin.gif

Edited by herk

I don't think people should be allowed to catch eggs. Then you'd have cases where people could use the scrolls of family members long since quit to collect Holidays and use them to create inter-scroll lineages... sure, you'd not be able to trade them over directly, but it'd still allow one person to effectively have quite a few more CB Holidays under their control than they should. Or said person could just come back and then give them the eggs they caught for them. Don't get me wrong, I can see the uses--indeed, in years past, I helped a few people catch Holidays in such a way before realizing I was putting my scroll at risk--but the potential for abuse is too high IMO. ;___;

However! I think the idea of a shared account for simply FOGGING and UNFOGGING is perfectly reasonable.

Thanks smile.gif

I understand the risk, too. However I think that there is always in a family situation the way to get more holidays smile.gif

It's simple and it doesn't needs this sistem I've proposed, it's enough that two people take turns in catching eggs to take what they want. Fortunately there are still limits as regards the holiday dragons, then doesn't matter how many slots you may have: you can not take infinite. smile.gif

And in this system you can easily look at the IP. In a scroll family is the same for every scroll.

I think that catching eggs is important... Try to imagine, please.

An unforeseen event impede you to partecipate at 7th DC anniversary. So you wasn't able to get CB any Coppers. This solution may have helped you wink.gif

(Sorry for grammar errors unsure.gif )

EDIT:

@herk

Two users that grant help each other could obtain the same result, even without my suggestion smile.gif

It's quite challenging accept to give help to someone else, I don't think that will be so immediate.

Thanks for the reply

Edited by Naruhina_94

Maybe actually catching is not a good idea. However, the option to "accept one-way teleports" might help in this case. You could still catch for a friend, wait 5 hours and then catch your own dragons.

I know what you mean about having more special dragons under your control, but in a regular family with several players, you have that kind of situation anyway. Like me and my daughter. In no way do I own her scroll, and she doesn't own mine, either. However, if I ask her to breed something for me, I know she will do it. And I'd breed anything for her, too. So, in effect, each of us has 4 CB of the latest holidays under her control. Well, kind of.

Edited by olympe

I support this but it should be only catching holiday eggs. Otherwise like herk said they would be buffing your scroll.

I think it would be easier to allow people to OCCASIONALLY log in other people scrolls to scroll sit them in that special occasions when the legitimate owner can't.

By occasionally I mean something like 5-6 times a year - basically during holidays and a couple of other times. So really one person wouln't have an advantage from a multiscroll.

I think it would be easier to allow people to OCCASIONALLY log in other people scrolls to scroll sit them in that special occasions when the legitimate owner can't.

By occasionally I mean something like 5-6 times a year - basically during holidays and a couple of other times. So really one person wouln't have an advantage from a multiscroll.

Um, that opens up TONS of problems with the dragons being released, maybe TWICE a year at most, and they MUST only be able to fog/unfog. That's it, otherwise I will scream for an opt-out button.

How can I really help a friend without momentarily log in his/her scroll?

How can I see easily, as in my own scroll, if he/her has sick eggs or hatchies?

How can I fog these and prevent their death without use the Fog action?

How can I help a friend, a family member, an user of DC to enjoy this wonderful game even when He or She cannot do this on their own?

I am honestly not fond of this suggestion, because I honestly don't see a big need for it.

How can you really help a friend without logging into their scroll? You can take their eggs out of fansites (or put them into fansites!) without logging into their scroll. You can look at each egg's page without logging into their scroll, meaning that you *can* see the sickness text on the egg's page, and you can *notify* your friend that their egg is sick. If the egg is sick, again, take it out of fansites, which you can do without logging into their scroll.

You are right, you cannot fog eggs without logging in. But that's the ONLY thing you listed in that list right there that you cannot do.

Freezing and Catching eggs should definitely NOT be permitted if it is not your scroll. We have ENOUGH people who have problems in that area when their scroll is accessed without their permission.

And that's really what this is about. A suggestion that opens up WAY WAY WAY too many EASY ways to take advantage of someone, screw up someone's scroll, even *with* the rules you stated.

Something similar to this was suggested a long time ago. Don't remember the result [apart from it not happening], and I'm not even sure if the thread would be still there.

Just wanted to say that this is not a brand new idea.

I DO support it, however.

Edit: Ok, the thread is still around. And not that old either. Then again there might have been an even older one I'm remembering. x3

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=141035

Merge or no merge? The base idea is pretty much identical [limited access with a separate password]...

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Personally, I don't see a problem with allowing them to fog/unfog eggs.

However, I have to say no to freezing or catching--possibly okay on the catching if it was strictly limited to the holiday releases, but even then it has a good bit of potential for abuse.

What's the difference among:

- Take an egg with my own scroll (take egg on my own)

- Accept a trade (so take someone else egg)

- Take eggs with someone's scroll and when the owners returns he gives me some eggs back to thank ?

Many of us already derive benefits from agreements with other users, like for hallowen.

I give you a gold CB now and than you'll give me 10 new hatchies when they'll be relased. We cannot speak about I*U but they ARE real... Do not treat them as if they were Voldemort, please

It's a simple way to "take" someone else slot without have full control on his/her Scroll. If someone want to help me giving his egg slot doesn't need this system, he can catch for me, but I cannot help someone with missing internet instead, because I would ruin my own hunt!

The difference between this and my proposal is: I've open this topic to try to help people, not for earn more slots.

Some things that could help:

- You can allow the same person only two times per year, but ask a scroll sitter for 3-4 times per year.

- Just one week maximum for Scroll Sitter

- Catching eggs permissed Only in Holiday relases

I'm puzzled for your no about freezing. I could ask a scroll sitter because I don't know if an hatchie would be male or female, but I need to freeze it if female... for halloween we have dragons with both genders for example. Actually even influence would be REALLY helpfull in this case.

AND I rember to you that I've said:

Only Fog/Unfog, Freeze and Catch Eggs would be permitted and you've to allow them one by one when you decide to take a scroll sitter.

You are free to decide what actions allow to your scroll-sitter. If you have none dragons to freeze just don't allow that action.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right, you cannot fog eggs without logging in. But that's the ONLY thing you listed in that list right there that you cannot do.

Freezing and Catching eggs should definitely NOT be permitted if it is not your scroll. We have ENOUGH people who have problems in that area when their scroll is accessed without their permission.

1) The fogging problem still remains... expecially if there are rare eggs that you don't want to loose and you dont want to risk. I can I know in how many fan sites there is that damn sick egg? unsure.gif

2) I'm sorry for them if their scroll has been stolen, but what I'm saying it's a completely free decision of an user.

If I give a one way teleport's link to someone I can't complain that my egg is disappear!

IF this suggestion'll have some developments I'll make sure to find all those thing that will make secure this decision.

As I've already said:

- Nothing can be teleported in or out the scroll.

- When you come back with your real password the fake password disappear.

- When you log-in in someone else scroll you can't do nothing of that the scroll-owner don't want AND nothing bad at all.

- The owner is not obliged to give to the scroll sitter ANY eggs, neither those who catch the scroll-sitter himself. If He/She do this would be perfecly the same thing of accepting a trade, because the egg would have been taken in both cases, or by the owner or by the scroll sitter, so it would be normal hunting or a trade.

Edited by Naruhina_94

What's the difference among:

- Take an egg with my own scroll (take egg on my own)

- Accept a trade (so take someone else egg)

- Take eggs with someone's scroll and when the owners returns he gives me some eggs back to thank ?

The difference is the last one is called MULTISCROLLING. For a REASON. It doesn't matter *why* you are doing it, if you are logging into someone ELSE'S scroll and CATCHING EGGS, you are indeed playing with TWO SCROLLS. Details really don't matter. You are catching eggs on two different scrolls. Ie, muti-scrolling.

Accepting trades are, obviously, nothing like that.

My personal reason for not wanting freezing in this whole deal: Okay, so say I DO trust someone enough to allow them access to my scroll. .... And they screw me over and freeze my Gold hatchling instead of my mint hatchling like I asked them to. Not, this is not a random example. IT HAPPENS. Users TALK about it.

And I think that's my biggest problem with this whole idea. We already HAVE a huuuuge problem with viewbombers deliberately hurting/killing our dragons. And we already HAVE problems with allowing people onto our scrolls and then they do horrible things. So honestly, I don't see a user-option to allow certain people access to their scroll any different then the things we already have problems with.

I don't see 'playing with two scrolls' being comparable, any more than it's comparable to catching and gifting, honestly. It removes one downside - the scroll lock - but I've got to admit I'm struggling to understand why anyone considers the eggs in the catcher's control. They've got as little control over them as they'd have if they just gifted them - they can't influence them, they can't trade them, they can't breed them once they've matured, they can't kill them, they can't even abandon them... I'm honestly neither seeing how this can be abused to skirt site rules, nor how it's synonymous with multiscrolling. (I might just be missing something obvious, though; apologies if I've mis- or overread something.)

Regarding the potential trust abuse aspect, I just want to add one thing: Unlike viewbombing, this is an opt-in decision. You don't have to set some sort of switch and negotiate with someone before you can be viewbombed.

As for making agreements with people to scroll-sit your scroll and that not working out as intended... it's very unfortunately that it happens. sad.gif But... this actually addresses a lot of potential issues with scroll-sitting, and I'd much prefer this over sharing my password with someone if something were to happen to me (or I move again on extremely short notice and enter an internet-less zone when I still have growing dragons to care for).

How about if there were a set of checkboxes that let you decide what you want the scroll-sitter to be able to do? At the very least for the controversial access rights, such as freezing.

Why not just catch them on your scroll, and give the ones the other person wants to them when they come back, then? Why do you need to use THEIR scroll and get a little "thank you" as well? If they want those eggs, they can either work out a deal with you to compensate you for using your scroll space, or you can offer to use your scroll space freely. Or they can make due without and just wait.

Why not just catch them on your scroll, and give the ones the other person wants to them when they come back, then?  Why do you need to use THEIR scroll and get a little "thank you" as well?  If they want those eggs, they can either work out a deal with you to compensate you for using your scroll space, or you can offer to use your scroll space freely.  Or they can make due without and just wait.

Because I hoped that my proposal could be equally advantageous for both person that need help.

If I catch 4 eggs for me and 3 for someone else, the person who received 3 eggs could be unhappy to have only 3 dragons, not two CB couples of new halloween draongs, for example and I also miss the chance to take three eggs.

It's honorable, laudable and wonderful that there are people who gift their dragons, I'm not underestimated this great action. I was only looking for a way to make equally happy everybody smile.gif

Thankyou very much pinkgothic, you've got all the fundamental points of my suggestion and explain it even better than me. ^^

I'll update your and Marie19R's answers to the first post.

I'm sorry Marie to heard about all these serious problems about trust each others. I neved had problems like these and I was highly surprised when I've seen for the first time in a trade topic that someone had to hide his eggs to prevent a viewbomb. I never had problem like these neither in my italian community.

unfortunately they can not be prevented, although certainly should be punished, such as "ban" a certain user from seeing any of your dragons.

But, as pinkgothic said, this is an opt-in decision. You don't have to set some sort of switch and negotiate with someone before you can be viewbombed. If you fell that you cannot trust in nobody, you would be free to not use this option.

Edited by Naruhina_94

This all over.

I completely agree with Marie. If you really want to scroll-sit for someone, then you can easily check if their eggs are sick or not by looking at their view page. You can remove the dragons from fansites. If they dragons die, then tough luck for them is what I'd say. The dragons are theirs to look after.

I was working on a project with the northern mocking wyvern as to where if someone is to leave on aholiday and is worried about their eggs will get sick and die (this includes hatchlings) and are unable to fog them, that is when the BSA Roar will kick in (I'm still not sure if this BSA is approved yet). Roar is for Northern Mocking Wyverns only as they cannot produce their own sound and copy the roar of the most terrifying dragon they hear. So if the eggs get sick, the mocking wyvern will automatically will guard the egg/hatchling.---Disregard this, I talked to TJ09 about it and he didn't exactly disapprove this, he just said there are better suggestions on fogging sick hatchies

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

How about this. This feature is only available during the holiday seasons. [as in begins as soon as breeding starts, and ends after the CB release is over] The only actions that can be performed are egg catching, abandoning of eggs the sitter caught [AP fishing], influence/incubate, and fog/unfog. [event actions? Should the sitter be able to complete the xmas event and enter the scroll in the raffle? Should they be able to collect easter eggs and halloween treats?]

To me that is really the only time when logging into another scroll is justifiable. Either you have limits, so you physically cannot catch the eggs and send them over with teleport [and if they can't get on at all you can't teleport eggs over even if you could], or you're sending them half of the CB eggs you caught in halloween, causing both of you to have fewer than you should.

The holiday seasons are once a year, and with the CBs you can never have another chance. And sometimes people who are otherwise active just can't get on. The only feasible way to help them is to log in to their scroll to catch eggs for them. You're not using their scroll for your own purposes, you're catching limited time eggs for someone when they can't.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

DC is not a competitive game. You cant get okd holidays either, so whats the difference to this years? Also, except for accidents: if you are inactive, why do you need to have eggs?

This all feels to me like it would support practices that are best left alone and somewhere in the dark.

How about this.  This feature is only available during the holiday seasons.  [as in begins as soon as breeding starts, and ends after the CB release is over]  The only actions that can be performed are egg catching, abandoning of eggs the sitter caught [AP fishing], influence/incubate, and fog/unfog.  [event actions?  Should the sitter be able to complete the xmas event and enter the scroll in the raffle?  Should they be able to collect easter eggs and halloween treats?]

To me that is really the only time when logging into another scroll is justifiable.  Either you have limits, so you physically cannot catch the eggs and send them over with teleport [and if they can't get on at all you can't teleport eggs over even if you could], or you're sending them half of the CB eggs you caught in halloween, causing both of you to have fewer than you should.

The holiday seasons are once a year, and with the CBs you can never have another chance.  And sometimes people who are otherwise active just can't get on.  The only feasible way to help them is to log in to their scroll to catch eggs for them.  You're not using their scroll for your own purposes, you're catching limited time eggs for someone when they can't.

Thanks. Thankyou very much, you got the point!

Giving help is not limited to fog/ unfog, but is during an holiday rwlase that is most usefull than ever. Since will not be a way to get old CB holiday dragon this is the only way to prevent a bad holiday period xd.png

But I don't see the need of the event actions.You don't need the throfy and neither deserve it, it's different from holiday dragons because you have to partecipate to have a "medal" xd.png

I'll support this BSA to fog hatchie, it could be very good to prevent the dragon's death. Thanks for inform us on a similar situation

Edited by Naruhina_94

DC is not a competitive game. You cant get okd holidays either, so whats the difference to this years? Also, except for accidents: if you are inactive, why do you need to have eggs?

This all feels to me like it would support practices that are best left alone and somewhere in the dark.

Already I have seen two active users say that they will be unable to catch CB halloween dragons this year. These are active users who are unable to access DC October 31st for one reason or another, and so will miss out on halloween dragons unless a] someone gives up some of their halloween dragons for them or b] someone logs into their scroll to catch eggs.

It is not getting on for a friend who has a DC account but almost never uses it, it is helping out an active user who wants to collect the CB holidays like everyone else, but can't.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

How about this.  This feature is only available during the holiday seasons.  [as in begins as soon as breeding starts, and ends after the CB release is over]  The only actions that can be performed are egg catching, abandoning of eggs the sitter caught [AP fishing], influence/incubate, and fog/unfog.  [event actions?  Should the sitter be able to complete the xmas event and enter the scroll in the raffle?  Should they be able to collect easter eggs and halloween treats?]

Hmm... alright, yes, this is more appealing to me. I would add two things, however:

1) Eggs caught by a babysitter cannot be transferred. Period. Even when the original owner logs back on. This would prevent people from 'babysitting' on Halloween for friends who have quit, then having them get back on just long enough to generously 'donate' those babies over to them when they hatch.

2) I don't think abandoning is necessary. I completely understand letting people on to catch things for a one-time release if you can't get on, seeing as you'll miss the CBs forever otherwise, but since AP stuff is around every year I don't think it's a needed element. Plus, the only thing that I imagine people'd really need assistance catching from the AP is Hollies, so overall... just not sure how worth it it'd be to implement it.

I guess the event treats makes sense too.

Edit: Oh, forgot to say! I approve of only allowing catching during Holiday periods, but I think just being able to fog/unfog should be allowed throughout the year. Say you just caught your first CB Gold, and then unexpectedly wind up going on a week-long family vacation... having a friend you know is capable of keeping it from being viewbombed in your absence would be a real relief. Simply removing it from hatcheries when it gets too many views won't do squat against a determined viewbomber, as you might not be able to find all the hatcheries, or just can't keep up with their attacks.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

If cave catching is implemented and not limited to cb holidays: "will hunt metals and rares, want as salary 40% of what I catch as hatchies."

if ap catching is enabled, it gives a good way to scour the ap for better limited eggs, like 2g hollies.

If something happens to me unecpectedly, I sure wont be able to contact my sitter and transfer/allow control. (hospital-example)

As for scheduling problems: well, I was not here for the original vampire or val09 drop. Wheres the difference?