Naruhina_94

Help without Multiscrolling

Holiday games (haunted house, tree decoration...) should be permitted to a scroll-sitter?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If cave catching is implemented and not limited to cb holidays: "will hunt metals and rares, want as salary 40% of what I catch as hatchies."

if ap catching is enabled, it gives a good way to scour the ap for better limited eggs, like 2g hollies.

If something happens to me unecpectedly, I sure wont be able to contact my sitter and transfer/allow control. (hospital-example)

As for scheduling problems: well, I was not here for the original vampire or val09 drop. Wheres the difference?

1) That's why I agree that year-round catching allowances are a bad idea.

2) And this is why I'm not sure seasonal AP catching is a good idea, lol.

3) Obviously, nothing can safeguard against all situations. Sometimes crap comes up and you just have to deal with it. However, I don't think the few truly chaotic situations that come up are a good argument to not have a system in place to help with the more controlled absences. I imagine people have to deal with being away during holidays a lot more regularly than broken legs... and, in theory, if you have a friend who plays the game and is granted protective access beforehand, they could still know something was wrong and help out if you up and vanished due to an accident.

4) That's up to you. If you don't much care for CB Holidays, then probably nothing. Personally I think most of the Holiday breeds are gorgeous and thus place a very strong value on CB Holidays. It's just not possible to breed all the pretties I want if I have to stick with two 2nd gens, even if I could request whatever 2nd gens I liked. So I would find having a safeguard if I ended up going away during Holidays to be very, very useful indeed. smile.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

If cave catching is implemented and not limited to cb holidays: "will hunt metals and rares, want as salary 40% of what I catch as hatchies."

if ap catching is enabled, it gives a good way to scour the ap for better limited eggs, like 2g hollies.

If something happens to me unecpectedly, I sure wont be able to contact my sitter and transfer/allow control. (hospital-example)

As for scheduling problems: well, I was not here for the original vampire or val09 drop. Wheres the difference?

Vampires don't have lineage... and you almost not distinguish the difference.

I'll make a different example: unexpectally you'll have an universitary exam on 1st november. You'll pass looking for halloween eggs the previous day?

Then limit catching to CB holidays, period. And the rest of the time all that's allowed is fogging and influence.

And it would be easy enough to have a sitter password--or sitter link to another scroll [depending on how this works]--set up and if something bad happens unexpectedly call your friend and let them know you need them to catch for you.

So if you didn't have internet access on halloween for whatever reason you'd be just fine sitting out the release?

I think it's horrible that people in the DC community are not allowed to help people during bad times, as in losing internet, being in hospital, etc., and it sucks that people having bad things happen then have to do without CB Holidays forever.

I completely support this.

People should have control over their own scrolls, and that should include the ability to have someone they trust catch Holidays for them when they can't, so there's one less thing for people to fret over/feel depressed about, to potentially affect their healing while in hospital recuperating or spoil their holiday or business trip or mission of mercy helping a sick/dying relative, or whatever myriad things I've known to occur at such times, or to allow a trusted person to Fog their dragons if they should get Sick while they're away/unable to get online for whatever reason(edit: and meant to include Incubate/Influence in this, AND add Teleport acceptance TO that person FROM the scroll-sitter only, so that Christmas/birthday dragons can still be gifted on the right dates).

The person catching/Fogging doesn't gain any game benefit or advantage from doing something for someone else having problems - in fact, it can be a hassle during a busy time, especially if they have trouble catching themselves - they just want to help another person in distress, because that's a human thing.

And humans play this game, which has become a community as a result.

Any segment of society which is not permitted to help others during bad times is missing a very big, essential portion of humanity and that's not the way I like to think either of DC or of myself...

Edited by Syphoneira

So if you didn't have internet access on halloween for whatever reason you'd be just fine sitting out the release?

wrong person to ask this question - i'll gift all the eggs (as hatchies) I snatch to a lovely person.

I hate how holiday breeding works, that they "pollute" metallic bloodlines, etc... But im going ot here.

Ok, how I see this currently standing.

• Normally all that can be done is fog/unfog and influence. Freezing???
  • During CB holiday drops, CB holidays can be caught
  • No dragon caught while in sitter mode can ever be teleported
[influences done while in sitter mode could be re-influencable by the scroll owner to prevent the ability from being abused]

The big question is logistics on how it is accessed.

The simplest would be to have a sitter password in account settings. When that password is used to log in to your scroll it is in sitter mode and only "sitter mode" actions can be done.

Secondarily, you can have an expiring password. To me this is more trouble than it's worth. If you want to revoke access after the sitting is done, just change/remove the sitter password. Although if the expiration is optional I don't see the harm.

The way that appears to be described in the OP is to actually set up a connection between two scrolls for sitting. I guess you would log in to your scroll and then click something that would put you in sitter mode on the other scroll?

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Because I hoped that my proposal could be equally advantageous for both person that need help.

If I catch 4 eggs for me and 3 for someone else, the person who received 3 eggs could be unhappy to have only 3 dragons, not two CB couples of new halloween draongs,  for example and I also miss the chance to take three eggs.

If catching is restricted only to Holiday... And especially if it were somehow to be managed on a "can only catch HOLIDAY breeds" basis... Then I wouldn't object to THAT.

But absolute NO to being allowed to catch eggs any other time of the year. One exception is MAYBE during a new release, but that's it.

I do concede that influence and/or freezing might be good to use in addition to fogging/unfogging, but I'm still saying no to incubate or anything else.

I'm iffy on the abandoning thing. I'd say no if it was grabbed from the AP, but allowing for abandoning something caught from the cave--that allows for misclicks to be discarded. Of course, that wouldn't matter during a Holiday drop. So if it's holiday-only, then abandoning isn't needed.

Also, I agree with the idea of making them non-transferable/tradable. That gets rid of a lot of my reservations about allowing people to catch for others. It allows for those who genuinely want to help others to do so, and prevents people from abusing it to get more than their fair share (aka, anything obtained without multiscrolling).

How about this.  This feature is only available during the holiday seasons.  [as in begins as soon as breeding starts, and ends after the CB release is over]  The only actions that can be performed are egg catching, abandoning of eggs the sitter caught [AP fishing], influence/incubate, and fog/unfog.  [event actions?  Should the sitter be able to complete the xmas event and enter the scroll in the raffle?  Should they be able to collect easter eggs and halloween treats?]

To me that is really the only time when logging into another scroll is justifiable.  Either you have limits, so you physically cannot catch the eggs and send them over with teleport [and if they can't get on at all you can't teleport eggs over even if you could], or you're sending them half of the CB eggs you caught in halloween, causing both of you to have fewer than you should.

The holiday seasons are once a year, and with the CBs you can never have another chance.  And sometimes people who are otherwise active just can't get on.  The only feasible way to help them is to log in to their scroll to catch eggs for them.  You're not using their scroll for your own purposes, you're catching limited time eggs for someone when they can't.

I understand the pain of missing a holiday. I missed Halloween when the Black Marrows were dropped. It is only by the extreme generosity of other players that I have any CB Marrows at all (2). Still I was able to pick up some very nice lineaged ones last year and if I had not gotten the CBs I would have had to be satisfied with that. I really don't think that missing a holiday is the end of the world and a reason to throw over all the rules.

I am a scroll sitter frequently and it does sometimes make me nervous not to be able to fog a user's eggs when I am watching them. It just makes me much more cautious about putting them on fansites and especially about ERing eggs, but I have never lost an egg on a scroll that I was watching because I couldn't fog it. The only legitimate reason you might need to is in the case of view bombing, which happens much less often than is commonly perceived.

I certainly would not be in favor of letting a sitter abandon eggs (How could it be limited to only those that they had picked up from the AP), compete in the raffle, or complete an event for another user. If you miss those things you just miss them. Period!

Edited by purplehaze

If catching is restricted only to Holiday... And especially if it were somehow to be managed on a "can only catch HOLIDAY breeds" basis... Then I wouldn't object to THAT.

I could live with this. I also think restricted to "only CB holidays" would be fair, since past holidays you can get *any* year on the AP. CBs are one-time-only.

I agree with whatever the "sitter" catches being *completely non-teleportable* to prevent abuse.

fog/unfog I'll agree with especially since holiday eggs are always very vulnerable to sickness.

Ok, how I see this currently standing.
  • Normally all that can be done is fog/unfog and influence. Freezing???
  • During CB holiday drops, CB holidays can be caught
  • No dragon caught while in sitter mode can ever be teleported
[influences done while in sitter mode could be re-influencable by the scroll owner to prevent the ability from being abused]

The big question is logistics on how it is accessed.

The simplest would be to have a sitter password in account settings. When that password is used to log in to your scroll it is in sitter mode and only "sitter mode" actions can be done.

Secondarily, you can have an expiring password. To me this is more trouble than it's worth. If you want to revoke access after the sitting is done, just change/remove the sitter password. Although if the expiration is optional I don't see the harm.

The way that appears to be described in the OP is to actually set up a connection between two scrolls for sitting. I guess you would log in to your scroll and then click something that would put you in sitter mode on the other scroll?

Yes, it is! Actually, I was thinking about 2 ways:

- Account settings mode:

Account Setting --> Security and Privacy --> Allow *tipe Scroll name here* to login in your scroll for *tipe the time here* Actions permitted *Catch Eggs / Fog-Unfog / Freeze*.

Only the person who had the scroll's name typed on this option can login in to your scroll. She/He has just to login in their own and clicking a pop-up on the top of their scroll to go on yours smile.gif

- Genereted password

Account Setting --> Security and Privacy --> take a scroll-sitter passord *Warning! When someone use this password can log in into your account and do these actions: Freeze - Fog/Unfog - Catching Eggs (Avaliable only during Holiday relases) / Abbandon Eggs (Only those who caught the Sitter himself)*

I like this,but I think sitters should be able to catch new release eggs starting when they are released,and ending 3 days later.

I like this,but I think sitters should be able to catch new release eggs starting when they are released,and ending 3 days later.

We are talking mainly for holiday releases, so do you think that it should be allowed catching eggs even during "Normal" Relases?

They're monthly, now, actually you could know in advance that you could miss a relase. And if were are released new metals, such as coppers ... or dragons as rare as blusang or the green opal ...

Actually might be useful. What do you think about this?

Edited by Naruhina_94

I think it opens up a nice can of worms.

I know quite some peopkevwho cant catch even when they are here. I do not doubt they'd be valued customers to whomever offers the service of catching.

I knew this would happen.

NO on new-releases.

Holidays: drop in cave ONE (or two) days and then NEVER AGAIN. They MASS-DROP and many many people are able to grab what they need *and* more (to gift). So I would possibly support this suggestion for HOLIDAYS.

New releases: DO NOT MASS-DROP for more then a few hours, so this suggestion would only make it even *harder* for users who didn't have the luxury of a helper. They ARE PERMANENT, meaning users ARE able to obtain CBs loooooong AFTER the new release.

So NO to this suggestion for new releases.

I'd agree that helpers should be for holiday drops only; even the rarer new releases become more common once the ratios reset (as seen with Blusangs), and there's always the possibility of trading for them. CB Holidays only drop for a few days and then they're gone forever, so it's not really an equivalent situation.

Ok, helpers for normal relases are totally rejected. Please, don't suggest it again, unless you have a valid new reason wink.gif

Any other question about the system?

Login would be done with account setting or "fake" password?

Holiday games (haunted house, tree decoration...) should be permitted to a scroll-sitter?

I think no about this last option, it's the owner of the scroll who has to achive this trophy wink.gif

Should freezing be permitted?

I think that it could be very usefull, many user use to keep an holiday (Christmas or Valentine) as hatchie. Maybe if there were a system that let you decide which hatchies can be frozen before that the scroll-sitter can login you may fell more quiet.

I say absolutely not to holiday games--doubly so in the event of a Christmas event that doubles as entrees for the raffle.

Freezing I'm still on the fence about.

Ok, updated the first post with users' proposals and changes smile.gif

I say not to holiday games, too tongue.gif

Freezing I'm still on the fence about.

I understood your concerns about freezing, but you would say no even if:

- It is always an option. You have to check the freezing option to allow a scroll-sitter to freeze and if you were too worried about you can simple don't do it.

- You can choose which hatchies can be frozen before leave them to a scroll-sitter.

And what about Influence? I like the proposal of Pokemonfan13:

Influences done while in sitter mode could be re-influencable by the scroll owner to prevent the ability from being abused.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I'm fine with influence--doubly so if that can be re-done by the owner (since it can be bounced to undo as it is).

Still not entirely sure about the freezing, though if you can restrict which ones could be frozen then that's a better way to go about it.

I'm against allowing for freezing. If you do things right, you have a window of 12+ days to log in and do your freezing thing. That's a good-sized window of opportunity to do your own freezing.

I'm also against allowing people to help their friends with holiday games.

But I'm very okay with helping to catch holiday dragons in an emergency case. I'd even say that it's okay to nominate an all-time scroll sitter without limits. Because, let's face it, sometimes we just don't know when we'll need help, but we know who we want to entrust our babies to. Besides, where's the harm if catching is limited to CB holidays?

I don't see why people say no to helping with holiday events but yes to helping with holiday dragons. They are both a one time only EVENT. Saying things like "I think no about this last option, it's the owner of the scroll who has to achive this trophy". So why wouldn't be the owner's responsibility to get their own holiday dragons? I know there are a lot of people who consider both equally important. I know that there is a longer time frame for an event, but things could still happen during that time. There are people who are consistently busy during christmas season and just don't even have time for the comp.

"so if they're busy, tough luck right?". If you say this- then you should say the same about missing a holiday drop.

I feel for those who miss holiday drops. For those of you who think that these folks won't ever have a chance to get cb, you're forgetting those people who trade away their holidays, and who gift.

I can see both sides of this. I am against the idea of a scroll helper though. If I lose out on something, I'll get a bred one the following year. Because guess what, if something happened to me that I couldn't make it to DC, believe me...THAT situation would be way more important than me even THINKING about this game. Missing out on a holiday dragon would be the last thing on my mind.

I don't see why people say no to helping with holiday events but yes to helping with holiday dragons. They are both a one time only EVENT. Saying things like "I think no about this last option, it's the owner of the scroll who has to achive this trophy". So why wouldn't be the owner's responsibility to get their own holiday dragons?  I know there are a lot of people who consider both equally important. I know that there is a longer time frame for an event, but things could still happen during that time. There are people who are consistently busy during christmas season and just don't even have time for the comp.

"so if they're busy, tough luck right?". If you say this- then you should say the same about missing a holiday drop.

I feel for those who miss holiday drops. For those of you who think that these folks won't ever have a chance to get cb, you're forgetting those people who trade away their holidays, and who gift.

I can see both sides of this. I am against the idea of a scroll helper though. If I lose out on something, I'll get a bred one the following year. Because guess what, if something happened to me that I couldn't make it to DC, believe me...THAT situation would be way more important than me even THINKING about this game. Missing out on a holiday dragon would be the last thing on my mind.

Probably because you can't do anything with a trophy. It's an added little bauble, but it doesn't affect breeding or egg limits or anything.

The only trophy that does is the gold/silver/bronze which is not a limited thing.

I've come unpleasantly close to missing out on drops, one of them a holiday [Halloween 2012]. I would have been fine missing the trophy, but unless I'd gotten my set of CB Cavern Lurkers, I would not have been happy. Grabbing a set of bred-past-releases would be nice, but the one thing I would have demanded would have been the CB drop.

On that note, should Incubates be allowed while Holiday-sitting? Particularly Halloween, which is a "grab-hatch-grab again" moment.

I'd agree that helpers should be for holiday drops only; even the rarer new releases become more common once the ratios reset (as seen with Blusangs), and there's always the possibility of trading for them. CB Holidays only drop for a few days and then they're gone forever, so it's not really an equivalent situation.

Blusangs are dropping more frequently now? blink.gif

To me, the thing with the holiday "events" is that they are more... personalized.

Thousands of users can be in the biomes refreshing and grabbing those holiday eggs.

But the events? Usually much more personal. Like the tree decorating, what if the scroll-sitter decorated your tree in a way you think is horribly ugly, but it's stuck there on your scroll now. And the RP events where we have to go through different places and read the text and figure out things and collect all the items... And the Halloween cooking thing, where we all *could* make exactly the same things, but DID everyone make exactly the same number of things or in the same order?

Events should be something a user experiences for themselves. (PLUS, events can sometimes mean a raffle-ticket for a Prize Dragon, and no, with how FEW Prize Dragons are given out it's not fair for someone to potentially win when they weren't even here.)

Any other question about the system?

Login would be done with account setting or "fake" password?

I think no about this last option, it's the owner of the scroll who has to achive this trophy wink.gif

Should freezing be permitted?

I think that it could be very usefull, many user use to keep an holiday (Christmas or Valentine) as hatchie. Maybe if there were a system that let you decide which hatchies can be frozen before that the scroll-sitter can login you may fell more quiet.

Presumably it'd be both--you manage how people can login to your scroll through your account settings. You'd set what actions they can/can't do there, as well as the mock password itself.

Personally I think holiday games should be allowed to the babysitter. DC is a sprite collecting game. If you're going to make the case that people should be able to help others catch one-time CB release dragons, can't you make the same case for them to be able to help them get one-time release badges/collectibles? Obviously a CB Holiday is a fair bit more valuable than an Easter egg or a Halloween decoration, but I know I'd still be rather bummed to forever miss out on a cute badge or collectible--and, unlike with Holidays, in most cases you can't even collect those sprites later on. There are 2nd gen Halloween dragons, but there aren't 2nd gen Halloween badges...

Neutral on freezing. If you're just going to freeze one of the holidays, you can always freeze a lineaged one later on. There's no strong reason to freeze a CB one instead of a lineaged one (honestly, there's probably a good reason not to freeze CB ones...). Then again, if you're a younger player who's going to be spending the next 4+ years doing family holidays and not having access to the internet during Christmas or whatever, I can see how it'd be frustrating to continually miss out on getting those frozens to finish up your collection.