Millennium07

Kage no Kagami ~The Shadows in the Mirror~

Acedia rubbed her eyes tiredly, "Morning Ira." She greeted the other knight, "Aw, bad day? Do you need a hug?" Acedia cooed as if talking to a dog, she casually walked over and hugged the man, not showing any fear, a loud purr raised in her throat. She let go when Avaritia flew them up to the crystal, she giggled and did flips already getting lively, she snuck up on Superbia, hugging her back and smiling until Avaritia had announced the crystal was damaged. Well that put a damper on her mood. "Okay, let's go do this quickly." Acedia said slowly.

(Wait so all the knights can teleport and fly? Then Acedia needs a new power...)

(And really? Great now I'm curious, well going to go stalk the old thread.)

Edited by mipuppy1

"Yes, I see a red sky and black moon too." Lucine confirmed for David. "Just what is this place?" In a blink of an eye she found herself on the ground, half a building where she was formerly standing. She would've been crushed if it weren't for David. She heard his apology. "No, no. You don't need to apologize. I'd be crushed if you didn't push me out of the way." Lucine had a faint smile on her lips. "Thanks for that." She looked over to him. 'So, it was bandages I saw. But, you are not in the position to be nosy.' She told herself as she sat up. "I think that's an omen. Better get going before something else decides to suicide dive." She thought for a moment. "Sorry... That wasn't a good joke. I always have my foot in my mouth."

((Well since I can't decide where Chastity's power originates - she's going to be reminded of her worst injury - and that'll be where the power resides...))

Chastity doubled over in pain, it seemed her body was determined to remind her of the worst injury she had received in that car crash. She stumbled around her apartment - trying to get to the medicine cupboard for her medication.

Her equilibrium was thrown completely, her surroundings blurring before coming back into sharp focus. As they did, her pain subsided - allowing her to straighten up slowly. That .... was not pleasant.

The light from the windows tinted her room blood red, the visible sky the same hue. Hanging in the heavens above like a bloated beetle, a black moon.

Everything about this was simply .... wrong... that was the only way to describe it.

Not wanting to stay alone in this alien world, Chastity ran out of her house: looking for anything - anyone. Of course, the running wasn't really running - it was an awkward lopsided gait - her old injuries saw to that.

[ooopsies, I think Chastity will be in trouble soon....]

((...I think I'm a bit late, so uh... Night-Morning y'all biggrin.gif))

Gula was still brooding as he stalked the night-sky. He was invisible, so that he would be left alone, mostly. Hunting for humans was pretty fun, most often, but he was still keyed up a fight, and that took all of the cat and mouse out of it.

He chewed thoughtfully on the takoyaki he'd teleported into his hand, wondering how to lure them. Put food down? Humans liked food, but he supposed they were smarter than to just pick up random food. Or, at least, he'd have hoped so.

The soft stumbling sound from down below played like soft music to Gula's thoughts, until he realised exactly what soft stumbling meant. Sure enough, as he looked down, he saw a human. A girl human, by the looks, and already hurt, too.

'Aw, man...' Gula smiled a devious smile. 'I guess one of the others let their kill get away! I should finish the job.'

The Wraith Knight let his body become fully visible, and then teleported directly into the path of the stumbling girl. He smiled, enjoying the simple signs of pain the girl was giving off. Maybe he could play a little cat and mouse... of course, him with his pitch black armour decorated in red eyes and spiky mouths... along with his red eyes, probably didn't look like anything this girl would want anything to do with. Oh well.

"Hey~~ are you lost?" he asked, balancing his scissors, which were as tall as a small human and around a half of his height, on his shoulder.

Edited by Celestial07

"You could say that." Chastity replied to the 'lost' question, her attention more on preventing her awkwardness from tripping her up that she hadn't noticed Gula's sudden appearance.

Then, of course, she looked at him, his voice having attracted attention.

"Eep." Chastity stumbled back slightly, the black armour and red decorations indicating trouble - or at least, not something normal. Especially the large scissor like thing on the shoulder.

Though, perhaps this really was an alien planet and that was what the residents looked like. The naïve part of her brain really wanted to believe that. There was an emerging part that was telling her to run and not trust anything she saw.

Recovering her balance - if not her internal equilibrium, Chastity asked:

"Where am I? And who are you?"

Internally her Shadow Wraith Phantasm face palmed as it tossed in its sleep. This woke it up slightly.

[sleepy Shadow Wraith - Gula may sense it stirring, though may not if he's having fun toying with the human.]

Gula had to admit, he was having fun. Despite that, he sensed a strong power coming from the diminutive human, and supposed he should just kill it and get it over with. To let a powerful human get away... he'd never hear the end of it. Then again, it was hurt. Where could it go, even if it wanted to?

"You're here, of course!" Gula said unhelpfully, throwing his arms up into the air, waving the scissors to gesture the red sky. It was really quite a beautiful place, the Inverse Plain. "That is, you're in the Inverse Plain. And me~? Well, my name's Gula, and, well..." He gave a sharp smile, revealing his two elongated, pointed canines. "I'm a Phantasm."

[Hee hee Gula is having fun, and Chastity is in trouble, even if its not immediate trouble]

"The Inverse Plain, well - that would explain why it looks different to normal." Chastity murmured, before asking another question. Gula's pointed canines set off another warning bell in her mind, but she supressed it in the hopes of getting a few more answers - since he seemed happy enough to answer the first.

"This may sound stupid, but what is a Phantasm? And how did I get to the Inverse Plain?"

If I can find out how I got here, then perhaps I'd be able to find a way back home.

Shadow Wraith wasn't amused by it, but its energies were still too low to do anything about it. Except face-palm again... and wait.

Gula thought for an overly long time about these questions. 'What is a Phantasm', 'how did I get here', both adequate questions, but both, also, really boring ones to answer. Unfortunately for anyone that happened to cross the crimson-eyed Phantasm, Gula had a fairly short attention-span for his spur-of-the-moment outings, and he'd now decided that this little meeting, while slightly entertaining, wasn't really worth his time. He could kidnap the girl, he supposed, but bringing a human back to the temple would likely be met by a chorus of irritating Wraith Knight voices spewing things such as 'you idiot', 'fool' and the like. No, it was probably best just to cut the weed where it stood, although she truly had provided him with some fun for a time.

"Well, I guess that's it," he spoke aloud, the three extra mouths he had echoing his words once again. "The end of the line..." he then clutched the scissors in both hands, cutting a few strands of the strange girl's hair. "It was nice meeting you, though, human!"

The human comment confirmed it, even if all the other clues hadn't, Chastity was in big trouble.

"Meep," was the only sound that could be uttered as Gula's scissors sliced through drifting strands of hair.

This should be your cue to run..... as fast as you can

Back-pedalling, Chastity managed to reply:

"Likewise," as she ran - on auto pilot from panic. The old injuries would still hinder her for a while yet - at least until the adrenaline kicked in.

Wait, you want adrenaline? Not my help at all? Wraith of Shadows turned sulky at this

David smiled back slightly, glad of the fact that neither of them were harmed. "Yeah. We'd better get out of here." He shifted positions and was going to move to stand when he felt intense pain in his eyes again, just before his 'premonition' of Lucine's demise.

It was of them being burned to death by a stag-horned Knight in ornate black armour. He opened his eyes to confirm it hadn't happened (yet?) "Ah hell!" David yelled, still at a loss as to how he knew things before they happened. He pushed Lucine down and used his weight to roll with her away from the point of impact. They came to a halt by the wall. Breathing heavily, David insured that he was, at least cosmetically, fine. He felt a stabbing pain in his side though. He'd need to get that checked out. "Ah...damn. Are you alright?" He asked the girl on top him that he'd saved twice now, within ten minutes of meeting her.

---------------------------------------------------

Avaritia held up his hand. "Right you are, Acedia." He nodded to the young girl-looking demon whom he saw as a younger sister kindly. "Superbia. Head out with Acedia and observe the destruction. They may not have awakened to their powers yet, in which case, they will be easy to pick off. However if they have..." His red eyes gleamed. "You must not let one of us fall to them. Go." He said simply.

"Yes, Avaritia... " Superbia said slowly, bowing as she descended below the clouds with Acedia. "Who should we go join? Invidia, Ira or Gula?" Superbia said as sweetly as possible. She knew Acedia might be a bit miffed Avaritia sent them away, so she wanted to try and cheer her up.

Avaritia sighed, gliding over to the crystal in the centre of the seal. "What has happened to the world?" He spoke aloud, vaguley adressing the girl in the crystal, but knowing no answer would come. "It was a differant place during the time of you and I. Nevertheless, I shall honour your sacrifice..." The black knight said, stroking the glassy surface of the crystal softly. "...Luxuria."

((And yes, they all can. Go ahead and pick another ^^ Also if anyone wants to read up on possible future plot developments, here is the original thread: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=149070&st=0)

Edited by Millennium07

Gula sighed as his prey turned and ran, but he watched her for a bit as her figure retreated into the darkness. She would be easy enough to catch, though she was making quite a good pace for someone so hurt. Maybe she only appeared to be hurt, maybe she was some kind of trap left for him by the others? As a Wraith Knight perfectly willing to deal against the others, he was always suspicious of these things, but so soon?

He had to stop thinking. That thought in itself brought up the image of another that always thought too much, another who Gula tended to have trouble thinking about. Kaoru Arakawa had thought a great deal, but he'd also been very smart, and used his teleportation to great effect... as Gula now planned to.

"Wait up~!" the Knight teleported with a flash to the girl's side, activating his teleportation and invisibility powers on and off in tandem, flashing from one side of the girl to the other as he spoke. "It's nice that you can run so fast, but you'll have to think harder to escape one such as me, my dear."

((Gula has mad teleportation skillz ;D I'm not changing Gula's powers, though there's a meta reason for that xd.png))

Edited by Celestial07

Lucine yelped when David rolled them away from the spot they were at. Her body tensed up when she realized that she was being touched. "I'm fine, see, not hurt at all. Though, I don't really appreciate being touched... You on the other hand, have pain written all over your face. Is something wrong?" She asked. "Sorry, I'm probably heavy." She got off of him, blushing and still tense.

"I've felt a lot worse." David said, sitting up and shaking himself. He narrowed his eyes at the floating figure in the distance. "Yeah, I figured, I'm really sorry" He said turning to her and running his hand through his hair. "I just figured discomfort'd be preferable to death by incineration. He said, watching the flames lick where they'd been before. He slowly rose to his feet, keeping his eyes fixed on the figure - the figure that, unbeknownst to David, was the Wraith Knight, Ira. He sighed. "That guy." He pointed at him for Lucine's benefit. "Just shot fire at us."

((OK guys, next step is awakening to their powers, and then meeting up. The first shift back to the real world will occur shortly thereafter.))

"I know, and that's for saving my ass yet again. I guess you're a person I can really trust." Lucine smiled, it was her first real smile in years. She turned and looked at what David was pointing at, saying that was what tried to cremate them. She felt the pain in her stomach, exactly the same pain as when she had gotten up. She turned her head away from the figure and instantly the pain stopped to her relief. She sneaked a peak at him again and was hit with the gut wrenching pain. "Okay... Time to go." Lucine grabbed David's hand and pulled him along, trying to put as much distance between them and the figure.

((If Lucine looks at somebody with malintent towards her she'll sense it. For now, because the power is in a weak stage it comes forth as a horrible pain but later I'll let it develope into a nausiating pain, headache and at times hearing whispers.))

((Lol Gula's still toying around. So tempting to have the running groups comically collide with each other at a corner...))

"Impressive trick..." Chastity puffed out to Gula's flickering figure, as he caught up to her with no apparent exertion.

Shadow tapped his foot while waiting for Chastity to give in and ask for help.

Having no other immediate plan spring to mind, Chastity kept running - Gula keeping pace with her easily as he continued to shift from one side to the other.

The constant moving from one side to the other made it impossible for Chastity to even think about attempting a fast turn. Can't run forever..... and with him right next to me I can't exactly hide either......

You sure about that? Shadow hinted, hoping he was being loud enough for his host to hear.

The teasing thought did reach Chastity's conscious, though she had no idea where it came from.

Edited by Takhesis

"Come on!" Gula roared, absolutely caught up in the fun of it. Slowly, a smile started to grow on his face, as he thought of the next fun game he could play with the terrified girl. Indeed, he had not expected her to keep running even when he was giving pursuit. Humans were so fun and interesting! They were so full of determination, they thought they could survive anything! In all honesty, it was quite sad... but still, entertaining.

He extended his scissors, and thrust them into the girl's arms, left and right alternately, leaving dark, bloody spots.

"Ahaha, fight back, girl, fight back~!" he cried, wondering as he did so, where dear Superbia or Ira were.

David clasped Lucine's hand with his own as they ran, trying to make sure they didn't become seperated. "Hey, Luci-Lucine! This going to sound crazy. But ever since we got here, I think I've been getting prophetic visions. It's how I know things before they happen. Jump to the right!" He said jumping without letting go, narrowly avoiding Ira's next assault. "See? God my head hurts!" He called as they ran. Rounding the corner just in time to see a girl being stabbed by another black haired man.

"Jeeze! Another one!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Avaritia sighed to the crystal. "Gula and Ira are running wild without Kaoru and Adrian to keep them in check. I think I may have to get involved myself."

Edited by Millennium07

Ow! Those scissors are sharp! Considering Gula's speed with the teleporting she had no chance to dodge them. How can I fight back against that?

Simple, let me out of this cage.

The same toned thought as before drifted in. How? Chastity asked it.

Switch places with me. Imagine yourself inside your mind where I am - and me outside.

A slow smile slide across Chastity's face, I must be mad, as she imagined what the other voice wanted. Nothing seemed to happen at first.

The wounds inflicted weren't minor and they were painful - which didn't do much for the concentration.

"Fight back?" Chastity asked, slowing her run, "How about this instead?" Her voice altered slightly as her Phantasm gained partial control. Not complete, he was still too weak for that, after all he needed Chastity to get this far.

Her shadow - what little there was of it in this light - melted upwards and formed a complete coating over Chastity.

The Shadow Wraith knew it wouldn't last - but the active Shadowform should confound Gula for a while.

[shadowform = Have fun with stabbing something that doesn't bleed.]

Gula recognised this. Quite a strange tactic, but still a dangerous one. He smiled brightly. "Silly, silly girl," he chastised. "What a stupid thing to do... Don't you know what we're like?" He let out a gloriously loud, violent evil laugh. He didn't even bother with the other humans, they were just there. He sensed Ira's presence, too, distantly. He turned, taking off into the dark sky. "You can handle this... right, Ira?" He called.

((Night y'all~))

Ira heard Gula's call in the distance while he chased after David and Lucine, shooting firebolts at random intervals. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," he yelled back. "Gonna go get your eat on, huh?" He raced up to where Gula was, and found himself facing another girl, who seemed to have let her Phantasm take over a little. "Oh come on!" He cried in mock indignation. "Three on one? That's a little unfair..."

"Make that FOUR on one!" Runa yelled as she ran up, panting hard. "I saw you trying to kill that girl earlier!"

"That wasn't me! That was Gula, the other guy! The one who's flying away LIKE THE COWARD HE IS!" Ira made sure to yell the last part extra loud, just so he could be sure that Gula had heard. Not that he wasn't capable of taking down four puny humans at once, he was just, you know, being careful. Yup.

Ugh. This guy is so full of himself. A voice suddenly piped up in Runa's head, catching her off-guard.

Wait. WHAT?! IS SOMETHING IN MY HEAD?! Runa widened her eyes and clutched her hair. She was imagining voices now? Oh, if the punks in her class heard about that...

No worries. They won't. But only if you let me take over.

Edited by Techno_Elf

"..." Acedia paused for a bit thinking the question through carefully, "Ira maybe? I think he needs cheering up... Or Invidia I haven't seen her yet... Gula hasn't said hi to me now that I think about it- are they mad at me?!" Acedia begun to panic, "What did I do?" She asked Superbia terrified at the thought of the 'family' coming apart, or having them be mad at her. "Now that I think about it, Avaritia sent me away- is he mad at me to?" Acedia panicked pacing back and forth, her bells' ringing like mad.

"No... None of the others hate you, little one." Superbia said in the most reassuring voice she could muster. "Gula was just cranky, and you know how Avaritia dislikes company when he's working." She signed lightly. "And don't worry, I'm sure the humans are no match for one of us. They couldn't possibly kill a Wraith Knight..." Superbia finished, placing her hand on Acedia's head and ruffling her hair. "Everything will be fine..." She said in a hollow voice.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There are two of them now..." David's eyes flitted from Ira to Gula,his grip tightening protectively around Lucine's hands. But wait... "Hey! You're human aren't you?!" He called to Runa, unsure if Chastity qualified as human.

"Ok... If you say so." Acedia said slowly, letting out a purr when Superbia ruffled her head, it died shortly after her hand left. "Should we join Ira and Gula?" Acedia offered, "I bet Ira is turning all the cute little humans into a crisp and Gula is eating them..." Acedia predicted, "Should we go see if they are okay?"

"David, that's amazing! I would've been dead if it weren't for that." The girl looked at their intertwined hand nervously then looked up at the group, growing more afraid. The thing that had tried to kill them was there and a shadow person too."I can see that, but if I look at them I get horrible pains." Lucine admitted to David. "I don't know why, but it's unbearable, that's why I try not to look at them." Lucine raised her free hand to rub her temple, it felt like she was getting a headache but what made it strange was it felt like something was scratching at a wall in her mind. "What the hell?"

Irritable. Something slumbering within the cracked confines of David's soul was irritable. It, like it's host, liked a long lie-in. This constant noise was preventing it from doing so. It contemplated yelling at them to shut up, but decided against it, deciding to try and sleep some more.

------------------------------------------------------------------

David nodded. "Perhaps your feelings are more attuned to nature here? Perhaps we all have powers now?" He suggested looking from Lucine, to the awesome-looking white-haired girl, to the young woman covered in Shadow. "Perhaps we're here for a reason?"

---------------------------------

Superbia smiled warmly, a rare occurrence if you're not Avaritia, and nodded, swooping through the sky to a scene of utter calamity.

"Not quite burnt and eaten."