little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

Ghon's eye's where alert as soon as she showed the poison "Jorlana, you are aware that poisons and other things related being used in the battle for leader ship has never ended well correct? Using such methods encourages others to use such methods then then the tribe will be broken from with in from fear the other will poisoned if they don't poison first. While yes your maybe untraceable by our means I can almost assure you the siren will take Dalnr to her people and they most likely can find the traces. If we where back on our world it would not be a problem, but here it could back fire more then aid." he explained "However, onto another point, have you ever been in a position of power before? And if so, how did you control your self from not going mad with power?" he asked "I do not doubt your ability. However I do not wish to have to remove you soon after Dalnr." he explained.

Shaza blinked in interest watching the stone like thing desolve and the soup seemed to become hot instantly. "some kind of chemical reaction.... pretty sure Pikna would go into detail on that." she said quietly smiling taking the bowl and having a little "What are your plans for today?" she asked looking at him "today I might be dealing with things I've had to push to the side yesterday..... paper work I think you call it." she admitted.

Jorlana shrugged and pocketed the poison without mentioning it again.

"I've led plenty of hunts, all of which have been successful. Ask any of my companions, they can vouch for my skills. I can do this, and if you don't think I can, then you can try and find another champion for your little rebellion. I doubt whoever you find will be anywhere near my skill level, but whatever."

At this Senvl sat up and looked at Jorlana. "You know we need you, but saying things like that doesn't help your case." He said quietly. "It just makes you look bad in their eyes."

Jorlana frowned and tensed up angrily, but finally nodded.

"Always the smart one." She said quietly, leaning in and kissing him. "Like I said, those I have led can vouch for me, and that is all that should be needed. Chiefs have always been in charge based on who is the best hunter and fighter. I have led hunts, I have fought battles, that should be it."

Dalnr smiled and touched Pikna's cheek gently, causing the Krahn to groan in her sleep and move slightly. "She probably could." He said quietly. "As for my plans, I have to get back to the village, I've been gone to long, and I've been neglecting my duties. Things can get along without me, but having me be physically there is important as well. I should probably get going soon."

Ghon closed his eye's and sighed going over things in his head. "Best hunter and fighter. Maybe so." he said "We will inform you of our decision tomorrow." he said before standing up "I must leave now to arrive on my shift for the guard post duty. Same time tomorrow another meeting will be held. Until then, may the moon light guide you all to honor." he said with a nod to them before heading for the door.

Shaza nodded "I understand, I'm sure Pikna will want to see you off as well though." she said quietly not able to do much her self thanks to Pikna sleeping in the loose coils of her tail "I'll be here for when you return, as I doubt you'll want me to make the trip to your village afterwards." she said with a playful punch to his shoulder. She knew he wanted her to continue to rest up and build up her strength again.

Jorlana have a small smirk as the group slowly filtered out, then stood and turned to Senvl. "Come on." She said with a mischevious grin before leading him out and into the rain. It was a short trip to her house and when they arrived she turned and looked him in the eyes. "I never expected you to throw my name out like that." She said, slinking forward and pushing herself close to Senvl.

"It was the truth. You are the best of the contenders, and the most qualified to lead us." He said quietly as Jorlana played with one of his whiskers.

"Well, you always know what a girl wants. Now lets see if I can do the same." She whispered before kissing him hard and pulling him to the ground where they slept the night away.

Dalnr nodded and looked down at Pikna again, wondering what the girl was dreaming about. "I'll stay until she wakes up." He said quietly. "As for you, I want you to stay here and if you absolutely have to move, have someone help you. No excuses." He said sternly.

Shaza nodded and sighed "Alright I will, but can't keep a gal like me cooped up for long." she said smiling. She seemed to look Dalnr over and gently placed the bowl down and opened her arms "We haven't hugged yet with out something major happening." she admitted. When they hugged she held him close "And I don't beleive I've thanked you yet, for the rescue." she whispered quietly into his ear "Thank you." she whispered gently squeezing him in the hug kissing his cheek once before letting go.

The Draken mean while where having another meeting "The Shatong Kas-Mah people continue to grow closer. This has high possiblity's of losing control entirely. The Kas-Mah know who worked on them and are going to be hunting us down now thanks to the foolsih actions of Jahek! The shatong have learned our ways and continue to display an alarming ability to use our methods and are in the process now of undoing our work down to the DNA inhibiting coding. Action must be taken before this gets out of hand any further."

((Massive writers block, sorry...... maybe a time skip till when Dalnr returns? unless you got plans for the RP day.

Will edit for more when it comes to me till then))

((Edit, insperation hit before I hit the sack for the night.))

Edited by little lost dragon

(It's no problem I understand. Also it's ok to me if we skip ahead.)

Dalnr smiled and hugged Shaza back, gently squeezing her as he held her close.

Pikna chose that moment to wake up, probably because of the movement around her, and looked around sleepily. It didn't take more then a few seconds for her to deduce what was going on though, and a second later she was hugging Dalnr as well.

"Be good for Shaza." Dalnr told her, squeezing the girl tight. "But make sure she doesn't go anywhere without help alright? I dot want her to get hurt again." He smiled at Shaza again before standing and quietly leaving. The flood from the night before had receded for the most part, instead leaving mud and debris to fight through. Dalnr sighed before heading off to his village, slogging through the mess.

One of the Draken bobbed in agreement and was already preparing to speak when another came through a wall. "Word has been sent that dissension grows in the Kas-Mah village. A leadership challenge is coming, and if the current leader is dethroned, the plan can be salvaged. The current contender wishes to cut off contact with all outsiders, including the Shatong. Such a move will eliminate half of our current problems, allowing us to focus on the others. Backing the contender would be the wise move if we wish to salvage the situation."

Shaza smiled and hugged Pikna as well asking how the young girls sleep was and explaining she had to catch up on some of her duty's to the colony and that she'll be plugged into her home for a bit as she did this. Then a thought hit her, Pikna currently would never be able to make full use of Shatong tech, anything large like a home ship or computer she'd only be able to give the simple commands through drawing on them. Though currently she did not know how to remedy this. All non-Shatong that have tried to plug into a Shatong computer have all died from litterly being burned out on the inside. Zapped paralyzed and or just killed on the spot. She'd have to speak with the scientists on the matter at a later point. After explaining why her tail would be more or less inside a chambers wall and the works she plugged in so Pikna could see it happen.

The day though over all was uneventful, out side the Shatong cleaned the place up and things seemed to go on as normal.

The Draken looked at the new one that came with the news "Agreed this is good news. The Kas-Mah are still in the tribe state as we had planned. Start causing problems in Dalnr's supporters, don't show your selfs though. We'll make them think there gods are against Dalnr further supporting the challenger."

Dalnr arrived at the Kas-Mah village around noon, and immediately noticed a subtle change aound him. Something was off, the way people were acting, the mood of the village, everything. They weren't hostile per'se, but they did keep giving him almost appraising looks as though sizing him up. Dalnr shook his head after a few moments and shrugged. It was probably his imagination he decided. He had been away for awhile, so perhaps they were just surprised to see him.

Reaching this conclusion, Dalnr headed off to the meeting hall and began his duty, resolving disputes, assigning priorities and the like.

During the next couple of days, the odd looks continued, but Dalnr continued to play it off as stress or something similar. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong though, but even after asking around about it he couldn't find any evidence of anger. Odd things did continue to happen however, with his main supporters turning on each other, and by extension him, for the pettiest of reasons, some accused others of theft, some started fights over insults, and still others swore that another was taking advantage of a family member, be it a wife or daughter.

It was like the whole village had gone insane, and Dalnr couldn't find any reason why. He managed to at least convince his followers that what was happening was probably coincidence, that none of them would do those things to eah other, but the cracks were already there. His support was fractured and divided.

On the second day, as per the plan, the opposers of Dalnr approached him in the meeting hall and stood before him as he scribbled something quickly and conversed with and aid.

Finally he turned to them and rubbed his eyes before giving a small smile and nodding.

"Apologies. There has been a lot happening and everyone needs me to approve this or that or tell them what to do. Now, how can I help you all today?" He asked, totally unprepared for what was coming.

Ghon stepped forward and looked around "It has come to our attention of your resent decisions. It has the village confused and questioning. We feel you might be under the influence of the Shatong female and perhaps has even altered you to not see it. After learning our kind has been at the mercy of one race you did not make any moves to ensure the Shatong won't try anything similar, you even desecrated a fallen warriors at the Shatongs request. No honor no nothing, you followed her request like a slave would, you've lead us into a conflict over a child. A Child of the enemy at that. Your own son died shortly after you entrusted him to the Shatong's care. A day had hardly passed when he went missing yet he had never been lost when he was with us. Now all we request is that your acknowledge and that it has happened, and that you stop seeing the Shatong. There an entirely different race that sleeps in beast belly's and weild the power of gods. We don't know what there plans are or if there even saying the truth in the first place." he explained "If you refuse to see all this and take action accordingly, you will be removed so that way someone else better suited can recover the village and not put us at the foot of another kind." he said ""A siren sings, attracts, lulling her prey to her, the prey unaware, of the pending doom." before looking at Dalnr "Many feel this way as well. What is your answer?" he asked "A siren sings, attracts, lulling her prey to her, the prey unaware, of the pending doom."

Dalnr's eyes widened a little at the proclamation, then narrowed just as quickly. "So that is what has been going on. Well I have this to tell you. The Shatong are our friends. They have helped us in multiple ways, and they will help us in an even greater one soon. Have you not wondered why our race has never built roads, cities, anything beyond these small towns? We are stuck because of those ghost things. They have kept our race stagnant in our development. The Shatong can unblock us, let us move forward as a people. You're right, I did give her the blood of some fallen warriors, and I should have followed our customs, but I did what I did for the good of our people. As for Defas, I saw the thing that took him, I saw what happened. This place, this metal planet which we are inside took him for some sick test, and ended up killing him. Do not think you know better then me about the loss of my son, do not assume you know my thoughts or. feelings on this." He snarled.

"As for a siren, you speak of Shaza don't you? I would not assume anything about her either. She is helping us, I have my own mind, and I sought her help in trying to free our race. She does not control just as I don't control her. Now, make the challenge or leave my sight."

Ghon looked at Dalnr and then stepped to the side "Do not be so sure you are correct Dalnr, yes by siren I mean Shaza, and when a siren sings you do not notice the control they weild over you." he said before signalling Jolana to show up "However I won't be the one fighting you Dalnr. I have no intention to take such a seat. But we do know of one who does and she's proven she can. and unlike you, won't be captivated by the Shatong till she blind." he said as she came "However we are not monsters, should you lose, all your followers and you may leave the village and join your Shatong friends or where ever else you decide to go its no concern to us. We have thrived as we are for eons and have no intention of becoming slaves to yet another race, or allow such a possiblity happen." he said before going silent.

"So your champion can't even be bothered to come and face me himself? Some leader he'll make." Dalnr snarled, standing and stripping armor as he spoke. Already those who had been present were scattering and making preperations, leaving the entrance open.

"Oh I can be bothered, I was just a bit busy." Jorlana said, walking in wearing only a set of cloth underwear. She produced a knife and quickly slashed her own palm before winding up and throwing the knife. It flew through the air and stuck in the wooden chair where Dalnr had sat with a loud think.

"By the laws of our people, I challenge you to single combat for the right to lead this clan. I choose Senvl, my mate to be, as my second. He is responsible for me in the event of me falling unconcious or death." She stated loudly and clearly so that all could hear.

Dalnr bared his teeth at this and dropped the rest of his armor to the side.

"Fine, Shaza will be mine." He snarled, grabbing the blade from the chair and slicing his own hand. He threw the blade into the ground between them and walked out a nearby door before calling Shaza.

"Shaza, I have been challenged for leadership I need you here, please leave Pikna." He said before hanging up and tossing the communicator to the side.

By the time Shaza got there the village was in a state of barely controlled chaos. The huge fire pit had been removed and an amphitheater constructed. Shaza was led to a nearby but where Dalnr was being prepared by two of his supporters. They were drawing spirit lines on him as well as the sigils that were customary, but had finished by the time Shaza arrived.

Dalnr's face was hard now, set in grim determination as he looked around.

"I would hug you but smudging the lines wouldn't be a good thing." He said. "I'm sorry to bring you into this but I need someone I can trust and I don't know who that is anymore. You are going to be my seconds. All that means is that you will be in charge of me in case I fall unconcious or die. If I fall unconcious then I will have lost, so just follow the new leaders orders. You don't need to be hurt on my account." He explained before turning as drums started to beat.

He left without another word and walked into the arena just as Jorlana entered as well. The are a itself was a circle about 100 feet across surrounded by a wall about waist high and bleachers of a sort had been set up so that all could sit and watch the fight. The crowd was quiet and sombre, this wasn't a fight to be excited about, this was a change that would affect everyone in the village.

Jorlana stood proud and looked at Dalnr with her deep green eyes. She didn't bare her teeth, instead only inclining her head ever so slightly. Dalnr did the same, but his eyes were narrowed in anger.

The elder walked to the center of the ring and held up a staff, showing it to all present.

"The challenge has been made." He said, his voice carrying to all present. "The rules are known. The first to submit, fall unconscious, or die will lose. The winner will take leadership of the tribe. Interference for either side will result in execution for the offender and the champion he or she tried to interfere for. We fight as of ancestors did, claws and fangs only. Begin." He intoned, turning and leaving the ring as Dalnr and Jorlana began to circle each other.

"Walk away now and we can forget this Jorlana." Dalnr said, claws raised and unsheathed.

"No Dalnr, you are weak and are hurting the tribe,because you can't see beyond your own lust for that siren. You can stay if you give up, but she will be removed from this place."

Dalnr snarled at this and finally jumped at Jorlana, taking a her with his claws.

(Care to play her in the fight for both talking and fight?)

When Shaza got the call she said she'd make best speed there. After explaining she needed to head to the Kas-Mah for something urgent and that Pikna needed to stay in her home for now before leaving for the Kas-Mah with a body guard to both protect her and to help her should she need the assistance.

After being transported across the swamp she noticed something right away. She was now getting hostile looks. This puzzled her as her last visit she thought she was safe here. When she was lead to Dalnr she nodded as he spoke. "Alright, but I doubt you'll fall." she assured him showing her faith in him "Good luck."

Ghon looked at Shaza eye's narrowed "The siren shows her self." he spat after the elder finished speaking and the 2 started "She even brings a guard battle ready. Yet try's to lull us with her lack of clothing." he pointed out before going silent again. Shaza looked at him and narrowed her eye's back. What was this about her a siren? What was that even? However the looks she was getting, clearly something not good. Her guard was braced at her side.

Jorlana ducked and jabbed with her own claws before rolling to the side landing on her feet with presition "The fact alone you can not see it your self shows you need to be replaced."

((Kind of do like reading your posts so don't feel I'll have trouble reading it its a huge post lol. Plus you know your characters better then I do and a fighting scene.... would be a bit full of one liners aside from wound detail and speech being thrown about ect lol))

(You do? Why? I always thought they were kind of long winded and cheesy/garbage.)

Dalnr blocked the blow expertly and responded just as quickly with a sweep of his leg, trying to make her fall. Jorlana rolled backwards and stood with her hands up, ready to fight.

"The fact that you can't see what is right in front of you is what I'm talking about Jorlana." Dalnr said as the circling resumed. "She and her race are our hope for survival. She can help us as a people, she can unlock our potential! They wield the power they do because they can move forward! We are stuck in the past!" He said, almost pleading with her.

Jorlana only snarled and lunged. The fighting that followed was to quick for any to see anything clearly, but when the two finally broke apart they were decidedly worse for the wear. Jorlana was nursing a long and bloody set of claw marks down her left arm, as well as numerous other scratches that were minor in comparison. Dalnr on the flip side had a tiny limp as well as a gash across his left eye that was bleeding everywhere, leaving his normally greyis-white fur red instead.

"Give up Dalnr, you are the older and I am the stronger. Submit now and you can stay as an advisor to me, no dishonor would come to you and all would be forgiven." Jorlana said, watching her opponent carefully and sizing up his new weaknesses. "We all know you only want what is best for us, and we know that you have done your very best to help us. It isn't your fault that the sirens lies have found foothold, anyone could have fallen for it."

Dalnr snarled in response and lunged, this time managing to get ahold of Jorlana's arm and throw her across the ring where she hit the wall with a crash.

"Shaza isn't a siren, and she is the hope out tribe needs." He said as he walked over. "You can submit if you so desire, but frankly I don't care."

The blood-lust had taken him again and his eyes had begun to turn red as well, shining bright to match the blood that matter his fur. Jorlana's eyes had started to do the same now, and she stood, throwing herself at Dalnr as he advanced.

The fight stopped being about a better fighter now as both opponents gave up any semblance of martial discipline. Now it was like watching wild animals fight, with sprays of blood, roars and cries of pain the only thing coming from the blur of movement. Finally the two staggered from each other and stood watching the other. Both looked like they had been through a grinder, and both were matted with blood, but Dalnr was definately the worse off. He was turning pale as his head wound along with the other wounds leaked more and more blood. He had been losing the blood for longer the Jorlana had, and it was starting to tell as he kept wiping his eyes to keep it clear. His other wounds included an obviously broken arm, slashes across his ribs, a large hunk of meat missing from his right calf, and multiple other problems.

Jorlana didn't look much better though, and was obviously nursing broken ribs, as well as a shoulder out of socket. Her legs had been sliced open in hundreds of places, and she could barely keep her balance from the sheer amount of damage dealt to them.

Before they could begin again, the elder stepped in and hit the butt of his staff against the ground which sounded like a gong.

"The time of reflection has come. Both of the challengers will return to their places of solitude to meditate on their outlook. Only their seconds will accompany them, but no medical treatment beyond what the champion can do for themselves is permitted. Violation will result in death for both challenger and second. Remember, this is a time to consider your position, to think about your actions, and your future. The spirits of your ancestors, though sent on, watch you even now, so think well." He hit the staff against the ground again as both Dalnr and Jorlana turned and made their way to the huts they had been in before the match.

Dalnr barely made it inside his before he finally collapsed, groaning with pain as he crawled to the wall and sat against it, breathing heavily and barely remaining conscious.

"W-water." He croaked, taking a drink of the offered jug before letting his arm fall. "I... I don't think I can w-win this..." He whispered, his eyes drooping as he tried to stay awake, the blood loss driving him to the brink of unconciousness. "I..." He stopped suddenly as his eyes closed, but then seemed to jerk awake. "Shaza?" He asked, confused for a moment before what had happened came rushing in. "Oh... I um..." He closed his eyes, trying to concentrate. "I might have to submit Shaza." He said finally. "I'm sorry I can't provide for you. You should find a new mate."

(Your choice whether he wins or loses. I can make it work either way because they are both really screwed up.)

Shaza watched the fight concern growing for Dalnr as the fight progressed. But she was still throughly confused as to what this siren talk was all about. She knew it was bad and she was being affiliated with it. And apparently told lies. What was going on here? She knew Dalnr's side of this at least she thought she did. But this Jorlana seemed convinced she was going to take over there tribe or something..... something bad at least. But honestly, this sort of thing, her kind some how always ended up the bad guy the ones to be chased off the ones others did not want around even if the Shatong had done nothing to them. And it seemed to be happening once again.

When the fight came to a pause for the fighters to reflect she joined him in the hut and grabbed the water. It took a lot to not call for a medic seeing Dalnr in his shape. "I'm here Dalnr. On the topic of the fight, a war is not won through one battle. But through many, I know you do not want to relent, but you have a family to think of as well. Pikna sees you as her father. Should you lose, I'll take you back to my colony, and we'll patch you up. Seeing your own medicine here you'll be in much better shape long before she is and then you can challenge her to retake your place as rightful leader." she explained "And later, I need to know what this talk of me being a..... siren is." she said.

((You do? Long winded garbage? If it was long winded garbage I doubt I would feel bad at times when I can't produce decent posts in response to them.

Thinking Dalnr will lose, but the possiblity of him returning with his followers along with being unlocked from the DNA keeping them at tribe state.))

(Okey dokey. And alright I guess, always thought the long posts annoyed people. I just do them because to gives others a lot to work with.)

Dalnr started to speak but ended up coughing instead, blooding showing around his lips as he did so. "Alright." He said weakly. "I'll try to d-"

A knock on the door sounded and Dalnr looked up as a Kas-Mah poked his head in.

"The reflection is over, return to the ring."

Dalnr nodded and stood as best he could, wiping away the blood from his eye as he walked back to the ring, attempting to stand as straight and proud as he could.

Jorlana met him in the ring and the elder merely struck the end of his staff against the ground, signaling the fighting to begin.

This time there were no words, just a quiet assessment of the opponent before battle was joined.

This time both were slower, and the blood rage was subdued do to the sheer amout of damage they had sustained.

Dalnr landed numerous hits on Jorlana and managed to dislocate her shoulder again, but finally a double handed strike hit him across the face and he fell, the blood loss making him weak enough to fall.

His eyes closed as the world slowed, then darkness enveloped him, taking the pain away.

The elder hit his staff against the ground again and moved into the ring, looking quietly at Dalnr, then Jorlana.

"Jorlana has won the challenge." He said, bowing to her. "She has won the right to lead our people, and now holds the life of Dalnr in her hands."

Jorlana merely shook her head groggily and gestured towards the border with her good hand.

"Let him and any who wish to follow leave. Get that thing out of here as well, it is not welcome. I will begin my work tommorrow." She managed before falling unconcious herself.

The elder looked around, then nodded. "Your new chief has spoken. Carry out her commands."

Instantly there was a great deal of movement as Dalnr's body was gently lifted onto a net of sorts for transport, and Shaza was roughly grabbed. Her hands were quickly and expertly bound, followed by her feet which were attached to her hands, effectively hogtying her. Her snout was also tied so that she couldn't speak. Leaving her helpless. Both she and Dalnr were loaded onto a boat and brought to the edge of the swamp where they were dropped off. One of the pack animals was left with a hover trailer, then Shaza's hands were quickly freed. Just like that they were alone as the Kas-Mah disappeared into the swamp without a trace, leaving Shaza's feet and mouth bound and a bleeding Dalnr on the ground.

(Little bit of godmodding, but there were well over 30 attacking her, I think they could take her.)

((True, however seems something was missed. But we'll see how it plays out))

Shaza knew she would not stand a chance at fighting them she was was not fully recovered her self. She just hoped the loss of blood resilient Dalnr spoke of before would be in effect now. After they dropped them off she undid the rest of her binds and sent out a signal for aid as she picked up Dalnr's bleeding form. The little clothing he had left was shredded or far too dirty to warrent as bandages. She began to make her way to the Shatong colony. As she reached the trade post a medical team had just shown up with a pod similar to one Shaza had been put into before. She laid him in it after it was explained to be tuned to Kas-Mah physiology thanks to the blood samples provided a few days ago.

she looked around the trade post for those that wanted to remain under Dalnr's rule and nodded to those that did show up. "Dalnr will be healed to his old self, you all will be free to live with my people or make your own homes near by. We will continue to work on unbinding your people as a whole as well." she assured them "I'm.... sorry for causing such division in your village. I never though trying to help would.... lead to this. If you have any worries or concerns feel free to ask and express them." she finished saying

The Kas-Mah standing in the trading post murmured among themselves for a few minutes, obviously unsure of what to do. It was hard to argue that this was Shaza's fault at least in a small part, even if it wasn't for the reasons that Jorlana and the others said. She hadn't meant to do anything, but Dalnr had lost leadership defending her, and now his supporters were homeless. Finally an older Kas-Mah stepped out of the group and faced Shaza. "I am Felah and will speak for us until Dalnr has woken." He said, glancing at the pod. "Assuming he wakes. That is our first concern, what is that thing? It looked like a stomach and you stuck him inside it without hesitation. It had better not kill him, because we are still armed and are perfectly capable of killing you." He said, glaring suspiciously as the pod was explained. He glanced over his shoulder at the 20 or so Kas-Mah who were behind him, then nodded. "Fine, this will heal him. We will also take up your offer. We will make a camp and eventually homes near your village, but we want to be left alone until Dalnr awakens. We follow him and only him."

Without another word they took the three Freywa and walked off towards the Shatong village, albeit on a path that would put them a good distance away.

When Shaza arrived back in the village, Pikna was buzzing around between buildings, doing this and that for whatever she was working on. When she noticed Shaza she came buzzing over and landed, giving her mother a hug before looking around. "Why'd you leave Shaza?" She asked confusedly. "Dalnr said not to remember?" She finally noticed the pod and her eyes got wide as she put two and two together. "He's not in there is he?" She asked, her voice wavering as fear started to take hold and scents started releasing. "Is he d-dead?" The effect was practically instantaneous as she dropped to the ground and began releasing pheromones like a faucet. Even as this happened and she curled up, she began to talk about a subject like she did when nervous. In this case she began to run through an analysis of the pod that Dalnr was in, all while squeezed into as tight a ball as she could be.

Shaza nodded "The pod is currently aiding his body in healing its self. I was in one of these pods my self resently. once he is rested and recovered he will rejoin you." she assured them before they started to move out. She walked along side the pod her hand on it as the medical Shatong took readings that were seemingly just off its surface.

When they arrived at the colony she smiled as Pikna flew over and as the young girl started to over think once more Shaza kneeled down to the young Krahns level "No he is not dead Pikna, The Kas-Mah village had a group that over threw him... He fought and lost with injury, he's in the pod being healed much like I was" she explained "Once he's recovered, he'll be joining a small group that followed him that are currently settling near by though asked to be left alone until Dalnr is back on his feet." she explained as the pod was moved to the medical center.

The Draken watched from afar "It is done, however a small part of the Kas-Mah population remains with them. Small or not this poses a problem the change in leader ship was suppost to fix." one said "The Shatong are persistent. Perhaps we should have limited them as well."

Pikna quieted down as Shaza explained things, but stayed in her ball, pheremones still leaking from her. "Dalnr got hurt and now he might never get better." She whispered. "I asked Myx about Kas-Mah culture. She told me about the challenges. People get really hurt. Most are killed, and the ones that aren't are permanently maimed. Dalnr won't be able to show me animals, and he won't be able to fight, and he won't be able to track. Kas-Mah don't consider suicide a bad thing. If one is a detriment to the tribe because of something like this then killing themselves is the honorable thing to do. He'll kill himself before he would live like that." She buried her head in her knees as the pheremones began to come off stronger then ever. "I just got a mom and a dad and now I'm going to lose one already! It's not fair, and I hate it! I don't want to be alone, I don't want to lose people, I just want to be happy and be left alone!" She wailed, getting sadder the more she talked. "I don't want to hurt anymore Shaza. Maybe it would have been better if I had just stayed at the labs. At least there I didn't lose people."

"No, the Shatong and Kas-Mah situations were part of the experiment. Placing a technological species on a dead planet, and a primitive species on a thriving planet full of deadly predators. It is the way the experiment was planned, and is how we shall follow. The current problem will be resolved in time. The main group of Kas-Mah have withdrawn, with only a small group remaining outside. If we can get even a single traitor, the Shatong's experiments can be disrupted and destroyed. Cross breeds can be taken over and killed. We can still salvage the work before it is to late."

Shaza hugged the young girl closely against her "Kas-Mah medicine is very primitive compared to my peoples. He has not lost a limp and the damage done can be recovered and healed. Pikna your not going to lose your father he won't be living a cripple and he won't look any different." she insisted "Those pods will help his body heal, what his body can not heal then he will be treated and if needed, our medical teams can preform surgery to increase cell regeneration along with stim cell use to coaxe his body to fully recover. Skin musle tendons scales, if some of it is still there we can recover it." she explained "He did not lose a arm or a leg, they where only injured. Its going to be a bit either way we can not rush such work. But Dalnr, your father, will make it." she assured Pikna though nose stinging a bit from the strength of the pheromones.

Dalnr's pod was placed in the spot Shaza's had in the medical center the pod now filled with a fluid that worked similarly to the homes slime, putting the needed resources directly into the Kas-Mah's blood stream through his skin. The mask was left on so he could continue to breath as analyzing the gas they needed had not happened yet.

The Draken seemed to ponder this "Both tests where removed from there environments. And contact was not a planned factor due tot he distance of the 2 races. The Shatong have already been studying the ashes of our demonstration. We'd need to grab a sample to see if its even safe for us to take them over to get one to turn traitor. Kas-Mah are far too honor bound to attempt an act of traitorous action..... however if where able to locate the injured leader we might be able to use him to create rift.... we need them seperated." he said

Pikna remained in her ball for a good portion of time, speaking to herself again but slowly this faded as well as she calmed down. Finally she stopped shaking and talking and looked up at Shaza quietly, her yellow eyes filled with worry and sadness.

"Promise he's going to be ok?" She whispered.

She nodded quietly at the yes she was given and uncurled to wrap herself around Shaza's middle in a hug, holding on like her life depended on it.

"I love you Shaza." She whispered.

"Locating the Kas-Mah leader will be easy, but I wonder what you have planned. You said yourself, taking over their bodies kills them, our energies are incompatible. They also know the leaders personality as well as our ability to take hold of their minds, attempting to make him cause an incident will not work, it would only make the situation worse."

Shaza hugged Pikna closely arms and tail holding her close "I promise, he'll come out looking like he only woke from a deep sleep." she assured Pikna gently squeezing the young Krahn "I love you too Pikna, my daughter." she said quietly before standing up picking Pikna up with her. Though Pikna felt heavier and that was only due to her own weak body needing to strengthen again, she was able to make way to her home.

The Draken nodded "Indeed, however framing the Shatong for killing there leader will increase the Kas-Mah distrust towards them. What if there leader where to die in his pod instead of come out healed? Next time the Shatong check they find his dead body, rest of Kas-Mah have no reason then to think its our doing and that Jorlana's words will only seem more true."

Pick a let herself be carried back home, but when they arrived she got down and helped Shaza in, carefully situating the Shatong in a comfortable position. Then she sat down beside Shaza and pulled her knees to her chest.

She sat there for a long time, quietly thinking about this and that before she finally gave in and asked the question that she worried about most. "How long will Dalnr be in there Shaza?" She asked quietly. "And is he going to be the same? I don't mean physically, but you know... Emotionally. He's going to be really upset when he wakes up. I'm worried he might do something to himself."

The Draken seemed to consider this for a few moments before bobbing once.

"This plan will work quite well, I believe their leader dying in such a manner would indeed cause a rift between the two races. How would we go about this though. We need a physical presence in order to do this."

Shaza lay there and looked at Pikna when the question was asked. She looked at the ceiling thinking and sighed. It was hard to say having not knowing his culture too well yet. "I feel it would be safe to say he was at least ready for it to happen. In his culture, a leader can be challenged and if defeated the victor takes the place of leader ship. And from what he's told me this was not his first fight, and I doubt he'd be naive to think he'd always win no matter what." she said "But..... either way he most likely will be in a bit of a..... daze, he's lived so long being the leader he was, now suddenly he will have a much smaller population under his rule." she explained "There might even be a small chance..... this is what he wanted, he spoke more then once of stepping down.... so there's the possibility he might look on this as a good thing." she finished off saying before looking at Pikna "when he wakes, be easy on him though, no matter how he sees it, he'll have some adjusting to do."

"That is where going through what they call the ground is for, then remaining in there.... buildings walls until we find the body. Then we enter, set off the DNA and leave." he said. "However we must act fast as the Shatong are altering and adapting there DNA anaylizer equipment to give them further information on our work."