little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

(Sorry for the delay I lost my phone.)

Dalnr finally groaned a few minutes later and his eyes flickered open even as his hand went to his head. He could hear shouting from outside the house, but he was more concerned with the sound of Shaza comforting Pikna. He sat up slowly, rubbing his head before turning to look at Pikna who was in Shaza's arms. He had smelt Pikna enough to know that the pheromones she was giving off were bad ones, but he was unsure of why they were bad.

"What's wrong?" He mouthed to Shaza, trying to treat this delicately.

When Pikna heard Dalnr though she kept her eyes shut and told him what had happened in much the same way as she had explained to Shaza.

Dalnr listened quietly and gently touched her when she was done, trying to get her to look at him. The Pikna wouldn't though, instead choosing to bury her head further into her hands and shake even more, until it seemed as though she was vibrating as fast as any machine.

"Pikna, I know you can hear me." Dapnr said, his voice calm and soothing. "I also know that you are aware that what happened was an accident."

Pikna shook her head and said something into her hands and knees, that couldn't quite be made out.

"Pikna, this was not your fault, I need you to understand that." He said quietly, touching her back again. "You were placed in a bad position, and an accident happened, that's all."

Pikna said something again, shaking her head as more pheromones came off of her.

"Pikna, you didn't mean to, and that's what makes this different from murder. The fact that you are feeling guilt means you didn't mean to, that this was truly an accident. I know it doesn't help much to hear, but it really wasn't your fault. It was a bad situation made worse by what you were forced to do."

Pikna raised her head at this and her wings shook slightly from sorrow and guilt.

"But you didn't kill anyone did you?" She whispered, averting her eyes from Dalnr's.

"No, I didn't. But I have before." He said quietly. "My race is violent, you know that by now. I have partaken in a few wars, and I have killed before. I have looked around and I have seen other killers beside me after a day of battle. But you know what? I know a killer when I see one. It's all in the eyes see, and I can tell you this, you're not a killer. You are not to blame, you are not responsible. Only this place is to blame, it and it's sick experiments." He looked down at her and gently picked up Pikna and hugged her close to him. "You are my daughter, and I love you. It's not your fault Pikna, and it never will be. I know it hurts, but I'll be here to work through it with you, as will Shaza, and we'll get through this as a family ok?" He said, watching as Pikna slowly nodded. "Ok." He whispered back, giving Pikna a hug again. He let go when he heard yelling again and looked around, cocking a single ear as he listened.

"I know that voice." He said, standing and going to the wall where he exited and went to where the Kas-Mah and the Shatong were arguing loudly over Dalnr's lack of appearances at the new camp.

"Yes I'm here, how can I help you Fasnel?" He asked, his tail flicking back and forth in agitation.

Shaza watched as Dalnr calmed Pikna smiling a bit, letting Dalnr move the young Krahn from her arms into his. Desbite the situation involved, it was also a good thing to see the trust building between Pikna and Dalnr. From hardly able to speak to each other to not a daughter father bond growing between them. It always put a smile on her face.

When Dalnr got up she gently hugged Pikna one more time as Dalnr went towards the entrance. Would you like to talk about things you've enjoyed so far?" she asked trying to change the subject to a lighter note for Pikna.

When Fesnel looked up at a strange sound version of Dalnr to see...... what? Fesnel took a step back blinking wonderding if they saw Dalnr correctly "Dalnr? Is that you? What have they done to you? Your eye's are more like there's and you got this tail, and your fur has increased a lot..... I still smell you under all this..... change, but scent maybe just replicated. Tell me something only Dalnr would know of the Kas-Mah."

"What you can't even tell I'm your friend?" He asked with a smile. "Lets see... Remember that time when we were about five and we took my fathers knives and went into the swamp hunting that monster that one of the older boys had told us about? I think he called it a Gershnik? We almost got killed when I fell into the swamp made that Snlinm wake up. He got ahold of us and and was about to eat us when my father and yours found us, just above its mouth. We were covered in suction cup marks for days afterwards. Course we were in so much trouble that we didn't sit for about that long either. You also asked me if you had scars and made me look at your rear when we were alone."

Dalnr said calmly, a small smile on his face.

"Course that was nothing compared to when we were 15 and you had that crush on that girl, what was her name? And you made me climb up that tree?" He said laughing at the memory.

He stopped laughing after a little but continued to smile. "I already know what you're going to ask and I'll tell you the truth if you'll listen." He seemed to think for a few moments then nodded again. "Alright, the simplest way to put it was that we were cursed." He said, watching his friends face go through the motions of shock, disbelief, and finally a slight narrowing of his eyes as though suspecting a joke. "How so?" Fesnel said finally, watching Dalnr closely, obviously questioning his friends sanity now.

"Alright, we have been stuck in motion Fes, by those spirit things." Dalnr explained carefully. "Think about it, we have not changed since we discovered how to build our rifles and make our armor. We haven't created anything new or useful since, and now we've become stagnant. That's not all. You know as well as I that the fossil record shows us appear all of the sudden thousands of years ago. I believe, and what has happened backs this up, that our race was purposefully blocked from evolution past a certain point. Even our bodies haven't changed, and that's what happened to me. The Shatong leader graciously had her scientists investigate the block and they managed to remove it with me. I look like this because evolution was allowed to take the course it should have and my body followed." Dalnr said slowly and carefully, judging his words reaction before cotinuing.

"But Dalnr, this... This isn't right! We need to stick to the old ways, I mean they're our legacy and-"

"I agree completely." Dalnr said, cutting off his friend. "Our traditions need to be preserved, but that doesn't mean we can't adapt, make new traditions, let our way of life change if it needs to."

"Well yes, but... But the siren Dalnr, you must see that she only wants to use you."

"Shaza does not wish my power or anything else from the Kas-Mah. It is true that we are getting married, but I am doing it of my free will, not hers. So, what we have now is a choice. You can believe what I am saying, in which case we can discuss what to do next, or you don't in which case we can go our seperate ways in peace. You will always be my friend though, so please consider carefully." Dalnr finished, quietly sitting on a nearby stump.

Fes looked at Dalnr as a look of deep thought slowly came over him. After a few moments he looked at Dalnr again coming to a conclusion "Dalnr you know I trust you and you would rather die then be anyones puppet. But this is a lot to..... think on, Jorlana had some compelling reasons to deem the Shatong a threat and those spirit things seemed to back her up. But our whole race cursed? This is...... rather sudden. Yes we could adapt but.... your almost a new race Dalnr, I mean I see your Kas-Mah features there still there. But so many changes, the village will be unsure to accept you. Right now I'm the one in charge until your return but you know as well as I do, you walking in looking like this.... your going to have some convincing to do..... what will you do with the rest of us if the village accepts you?" he asked his eye's looking right at Dalnr's. He clearly knew the most likely answer but he wanted to hear it aloud.

"I would like for others to take the plunge with me, but I will not force them to." Dalnr said quietly. "Fes, you and I both know why I did this to myself. I had to prove that it would work, and that it was safe. Like I said, I will not force others to follow in my footsteps, but I hope they will." He sighed and stood, stretching like a cat as he did so. "This is what's best for our race, especially here. We can't stick to the old ways in this place, and I think that somewhere deep down you know that, even if you can't accept it. Think, our population is low and we can't replenish it like we did on the home world. Sending our children into the swamp won't work because you know the survival rate as well as I. We need our children, we need to change our tactics, we need to adapt, and that's why we cannot remain as we were. Nobody wants to adapt, and that's a death sentence to those of us here."

Dalnr sighed and shook his head, looking around.

"I wish I didn't have to ask this of you, but I would like you to follow me in this. I want you to trust me my friend. Like old times."

Fes looked at the ground in thought again "Your asking us to entrust our lives, our very essence to a alien race that we still know little about. Never mind the fact...... we've never ever had relations with another race to speak of. If I did not know if it was you Dalnr I'd take the village else where to live." he said before looking at him "But I have no reason to doubt your judgement Dalnr, you've lead us through many trials and survived.... and your points are valid. Our people are devided and relations strained with the other village...." he sighed before shaking his head coming over to Dalnr "Get up, you need to speak to the village." he said offering his hand "I don't like most of this, but there's nothing going against what your saying." he admitted before smiling a little "For the record, Jorlana may just hate the Shatong because of competition. Your future wife does have some good looks and you know how females can be when in competition." he joked a little to lighten the mood "Don't tell Hele I said that, she'd skin me alive."

Edited by little lost dragon

"Deal." Dalnr smiled, allowing himself to be hauled to his feet. "To be honest I didn't know that this would happen." He said, gesturing at himself. "I thought that unblocking us would just mean that we can begin adapting and making new things. I had no idea that unblocking ourselves would snap our evolution forward like this." He explained quietly as they approached the village.

Already he was getting stares from a couple of the guards while some of the children pointed openly at him.

When they reached the center of the village Dalnr rang the large bell and waited patiently while the small group of maybe 30 people came out to listen. All were openly staring at him and not a few were whispering or talking amongst themselves, something that wouldn't have happened when he was normal.

Dalnr looked around and sighed, quietly seeing who had followed him and who had not.

"Who is that mommy?" A tiny girl asked loudly, causing a few chuckles and getting one out of Dalnr himself. All looked at him curiously though, obviously expecting an answer, just so they could hear the words.

"I am Dalnr." He said calmly, allowing the whispers and mutters to begin again. "I know my appearance is different, and I will explain it, but I would first like to thank you all. You placed your faith in me when others followed another, even at a great sacrifice. I am honored to be held in such high esteem by you all.

"As to my appearance..." He struggled with it for a moment, trying to come up with the words before finally he pointed to a nearby armor maker.

"Theho, how long have you made armor?" He asked.

"26 years." A very large, very muscular male said in a confused way.

"And who taught you?"

"My father."

"And him?"

"My grandfather."

"And on and on it goes?" Dalnr asked quietly, watching as the male nodded.

"And for those hundreds of years nothing has changed has it?" Another nod.

Dalnr then turned to a weapon smith and repeated the process, then to a house builder, then on and on.

"20,000 years ago, we appeared in the fossil record of our home world. Before that there wasn't a trace of us, not even something that looks remotely close. We lived there for a long time, probably around 10,000 and suddenly we stopped. Everything we built stopped changing. Our weapons , armor, our lifestyle, nothing had changed. Even our bodies are the same as they were 20,000 years ago. To put it bluntly, we were cursed. We can't change, we haven't changed. Our minds, our tools, our way of doing things remain the same as they were 10,000 years ago. I have had the Shatong look at our blood, and I can prove that we have been blocked from accomplishing anything! Look at what the Krahn have done, they built a great floating city, and the best we can do is build a wooden home. The Shatong can create creatures like a god, and we merely herd those that we need. I look at our culture, and I am proud, proud because we are strong, and independent, and close to our roots, but I also think that we need to learn to adapt." He turned to where the little girl was standing on her mothers shoulders.

"We are in a hostile environment, full of other species who might wish us harm. Or children, like that girl, cannot be squandered on the tests of the hunter and the warrior. We must create new tests that will still challenge them, but will not kill them. We need to learn to build new tools, weapons and buildings. The girl that I have adopted can create things that I had never dreamed of, and it is because she can adapt. The Shatong have devised a way to remove the block from my blood, which has caused my body to shift to what it should be. I look like this because I have taken the first step to advancing our race. I am stronger, faster, and better at anything I have tried. I ask you to think on this, to think about the fact that our race hasn't moved in such a long time and ask yourselves if you really want your children to be the same, or if you want them to be better then we could ever be, to do great things because they are curious, to forge their own paths because they want to reach beyond what we have created! I want you all to consider what I have said, and I ask you all to trust me in this. I am not bewitched, I am not insane, I am merely looking at the future and wanting the best. Please, just think about allowing yourself to be changed, think about the greatness we could achieve. Just consider it. Thank you for your time."

He finished, stepping off the platform and walking away, heading towards a small hut that he had been told was his. Inside he found a couple of crates which contained things from his old house. These he began to set up, each thing carefully being placed in its rightful spot, all the while listening to the talking of the village outside.

Fes nodded smiling a little. "I hardly know anything about this evolution stuff but I assume if its like anything else contained, take the pressure away and it comes out." he said as they went.

When they arrived he looked about and saw how others where staring at Dalnr. As they neared the center of the village he placed his hand on Dalnr's shoulder "You got this, I'll be in the small crowd with my family." he said with a smile and nod before heading off. shortly returning when the bell was rung.

As Dalnr did his speech Fes listened. the population hearing Dalnr out as they trusted him. Granted unsure about everything he was saying but not out right rejecting his words though.

When he finished and everyone began to return to what ever they where doing Fes took a list of questions before heading off towards Dalnr's home. He knocked first before opening the door and peaking in "Hey Dalnr. good speech. there are a few questions the population wants to know though." he said "One of them being, How do we know we can trust the Shatong with our lives? You may know there leader but we don't. Some are.... frightened at the prospect of have there body's essence being tampered with to rid this.... curse." he said "How would you put those fears to rest?"

Dalnr turned as his friend showed up and smiled at the questions. "I have a question for those who wonder about the Shatong. How have they ever threatened us? They met with us in a peaceful trade agreement, they stood with us in a time of war, they have offered help and asked for nothing in return. I haven't yet met one who doesn't treat us with respect, and to think badly of them for no reason is dishonorable." He explained, using the one word that would cause the most thinking, honor.

"As to the fears, none of them have to do this immediately. I am asking them to consider the idea, not jump head first into it. Watch me for awhile if they need to, consider the benefits of making their own choices instead of those ghost things. The physical aspects aren't to be scoffed at either. I haven't felt this good since my prime, and I'm still older. What do you think it will be like to one of the young ones. They will be able to move faster, have greater strength, enjoy better senses. The positives aren't to be scoffed at is all I'm saying."

Fes nodded and sighed "I think the reason why they are feared is..... they could do anything they want with us. There's fear of their power I suppose you could say." he pointed out "But, I'll relay your answer for that. Another question happens to be, just.... what are the changes? Like what should they know about right away that I might of not mentioned in your speech? Food changes? Movement? Thinking? What kinds of details should they be aware of?" he asked "Besides what you mentioned and what is visible, example is well for one until we where told we did not know the Shatong connect to there..... creatures directly through there tails. Or Krahn showing emotion through scents."

Dalnr had to think a moment about this next question, considering the answer carefully.

"That I've noticed, nothing's really all that different. Things taste different I suppose, I see better at night, everything smells different now. I mean things smell the same, but there's more to the smell. I don't think my tail does anything, it just seems to move around. Mentally everything's clearer, more focused I guess, I think more on everything, consider the options better. Everything's not about hunting and fighting, there are other things to. Besides that it's just the physical abilities that I mentioned. Running, jumping, etc..." He shrugged again and looked around. "I think that's it. Haven't really been in this body long enough to know for sure.

Fes nodded and smiled a little "Alright, those are the main 2 the village wanted to know. I'll let them know your answers. I'm pretty sure though we'll be keeping a close eye on you for a bit, not just because of your changes but, not all are completely convinced that your still you. And to see how your changes affect you in time." he said before starting to leave before pausing "By the way Dalnr, glad to have you back." he said with a nod before leaving to inform the village.

Same time later another knock came on Dalnr's door though the knock sounded like who ever was on the other side was not entirely sure how to knock properly.

"Good to be back." Dalnr murmured in response as his friend left. He continued putting things in their proper places. When he heard the knock though he frowned and moved to the door which he opened. "Um, hello." He said uncertainly.

(Not sure what he's looking out so short post...)

When he opened the door Shaza was standing there looking a little bewildered clearly not used to how doors worked when not throat like openings. She blinked and smiled at him before displaying what she brought "Hey Dalnr, brought you something." she said with a small giggle feeling a little silly with how such small things like a door escaped her yet her kind could remove DNA blocks at the same time. In her hand was a neatly folded moist membrane. Instead of a dull white however a design showed of multiple colors, she unfolded it and as she did so the colors shifted into a image. First it was one of themwhen they first met, she then rotated it and it showed there first hug, and she rotated it again showing a image of him and Pikna when he was tickling the young Krahn, then one more with a scene that happened only a little while ago. Him and Pikna hugging. "The blanket you had me use when I was ill gave me an idea, and I just wanted to return the favor with this as a thank you. All it needs is to soak in some water with something food related grinded up. It will adsorb the stuff to fuel it to keep it healthy and working." she said smiling "Don't worry it does not do anything else but keep you warm." she explained.

Dalnr smiled at Shaza's nervousness and let her in, closing the door behind her. When he was presented with the blanket, for want of a better word, he smiled and turned it again, watching as it changed pictures.

"This is wonderful Shaza." He said, feeling the smooth substance between his fingers. "I didn't know your people used blankets though."

Dalnr continued to touch it for a few more moments before going to his bed and placing it there carefully.

He returned and hugged Shaza gently.

"Thank you." He said, stepping back after a few moments. "How's Pikna though?" He asked, concern in his voice. "I feel terrible that she was brought into that situation. She didn't need that guilt, she's already got so much stress on her." (Pikna's asleep at Shaza's.)

"I've bent thinking though. We always get interuppted by this and that, maybe we should just hurry up and get married before something else happens. It might help Pikna to know that we're truly together as a family, not just a couple."

Shaza hugged him back and smiled happy he liked the gift. "We sometimes do, but there's not much on them normally as we only use them when its too cold out side to keep warm inside the home, which only happens on a few worlds." she explained "The one you let me use gave me the idea for this one." she explained before stepping back and nodded "I was able to get her to thinking a project she's been working on. She seemed to brighten up talking about it. A mobile spawning pool, she gets some interesting idea's and she loves it when she can talk about them with out risk of annoying anyone, with todays events and the guilt that hung on to her she was burned out so right now she's sleeping in my home in her own chamber." she explained her tail moving side to as she spoke.

"And yes, that was mainly the reason why I came to find you, we need a time to head tot he spawning pools so we can put in our symbol we agreed on and have a marriage pod grown and fitted to us. By the end of 2 days from now we could be married according to Shatong culture. Our trials have been deemed hard enough already." she explained before looking around a little "I'm hesitant.... to mention about having your kinds marriage here currently. I sense lots of tension lately when I'm seen. Jorlana's words must still burn in them even if they don't follow her." she said before looking back to him "I do not wish to stir up more strife then what's already been." she admitted "However, I'll risk it if you want to have one here as well." she said her eye's on him. She did not want to cause more conflict and with her rep in the village, she was not entirely sure, but she'd support Dalnr on either decision.

"At least Pikna can sleep, but I'm giving fair warning, I expect here will be a lot of nightmares to come. What she did will have left a mark that will not heal quickly." He said quietly. "One of us will need to stay nearby just in case." He shook his head sadly and sat on a box, absently scratching his ear as he sat.

"As for the marriage, we can go to the spawning pools right now if you want, I'm pretty much always open. But I think you're right, having a marriage in front of my people in their custom will do more harm then good. Later, after we've proven that my trust in you is not misplaced, we can have one in my culture." He said, before smiling and kissing Shaza on the cheek.

Shaza nodded and sighed "Seems things are forcing her to know death, her self or otherwise." she replied and nodded "Alright, the sooner we start the pod the sooner we'll be together as a true family." she said before smiling a bit and kissed his forhead back. "The cleansing had its initial effect, but everything else was our trials." she said before starting to head for the door.

Just as she was reaching it a knock came before Fes poked his head around the door "Dalnr the villa-" he stopped mid sentence seeing Shaza right there looking at him bewildered him. "Ah hello Shaza, had not expected to see you." he admitted before looking at Dalnr "The village wish to test your new forms combat ability, They've gone as far as set up small teams should you beat everyone in single combat." he explained.

"We'll go as soon as this is done." Dalnr murmured to Shaza as he walked past her and out the door.

"Alright, lets get this over with." Dalnr said as he walked with Fes to the center of the village.

A ring had been made with rocks there, and a number of Kas-Mah, both males and females, stood waiting nearby. Each was dressed much as Dalnr and Jorlana had been, except that they wore gloves that covered their claws, both hands and feet. The other difference was that there was an obvious referee this time who wore padded armor on his chest arms and legs.

Dalnr disrobed in preperation until he stood in the long underwear, then pulled on a set of gloves for his feet and hands. After that he stepped into the ring and waited as the referee came over and checked his gloves. Finally he nodded and gestured for the first Kas-Mah to enter, a large male who smacked his fist into his hand as he entered.

"Alright, this is a bloodless fight. We are going to a tap out, or a pin. No biting, no breaks, no permanent damage of any kind." The ref shouted so that everyone could hear. "Alright, one, two, three... Go!"

The fight began quickly, with both males rushing and locking hands and beginning to strain against each other, their muscles in their arms and legs rippling. It took a few moments, but suddenly Dalnr was moving his opponent, pushing him down and back until he finally fell onto his back. It only took a few seconds before Dalnr had pinned his opponent and the referee called the match in Dalnr's favor.

The next match was against a female who preferred speed over strength, but again Dalnr defeated her easily. The rest of the line went like this, as Dalnr pinned each and every one in turn. Some were more difficult then others, but all ended the same.

Finally the fights were done and the looks from around the arena, the chatter, and in some case cheers, spoke volumes.

"The winner is Dalnr." The referee announced loudly to a round of clapping.

Already the crowd was breaking into groups, Kas-Mah talking quietly about the obvious benefits of the procedure, while others were still voicing concerns about the Shatong part of the procedure.

Dalnr left them to it and went back to Shaza.

"I think that went well." He said, carefully putting on his pants and shirt. "Shall we go before there are any more interruptions?"

Shaza watched the duels blinking a little. He was making the blocked Kas-Mah look like children trying to fight, trainees taking on the trainer prematurely. Dalnr's unlocked body was beating the locked ones with ease.

After wards she nodded "Sounds good." she said smiling a bit before taking his hand in hers and started to lead him back. After they reached the Shatong colony she looked at him "You sure put on a show there, the strength levels and your judgement clearly have had large leaps forward. Even I was suprized at how easy you made it look there." she commented "But I'm glad we are seeing all pros so far and no cons, but if any do show up, the medical center is on high alert in case something does show." she explained as they went. When they paused by the spawning pool center she placed her hands on his shoulders and looked him in the eye's "Now, before we enter, its customary the soon to be married couple say there ready to each other. the memory is used for proof and in case something goes wrong. I highly doubt it will be needed, but its part of the process, Dalnr, are you ready to take me as your wife?" she asked.

Mean while Fes returned to his hut and sat down before looking at Hele who was standing arms crossed "Being village messenger is harder then it looks." he commented and Hele just grunted "Alright, whats on your mind hun?"

"I just hope it makes them consider it a bit more." Dalnr responded quietly. "They needed to see the benefits and they saw them. That will give them pause if nothing else."

He went quiet as they approached the spawning pools, considering what was to come. When Shaza asked him if he was ready, he smiled a little and paused as though thinking. "Well I don't know, you're already such a pain, do I really want to be stuck with forever?" He asked, his smile becoming a grin as he gave Shaza a hug. "Of course I'm ready to be your husband Shaza. I love you." He kissed her, then pulled back and stood waiting. "Are you ready?" He asked quietly, holding out a hand to her.

(Feel free to assume that Dalnr goes along with whatever she says.

Shaza tilted her head as he did his joke before hugging her and telling her of course. She smiled and hugged him back "Of course I'm ready." she said leaning forward to kiss his for head "Lets make it possible." she said taking his hand and leading him inside the facility. Heading to a chamber past allt he spawning pools. some Shatong where still working looked up at them as they past.

Once they reached the chamber and entered it they found selfs alone with a small tendril acting as a light source giving off a soft blue light to everything. Shaza lead him to the oddly shapped spawning pool before kneeling down. After he did the same she took his hand showed what motions he needed to do with her. Had him practice a few times in the air before they both did it in the spawning pool. Afterwards she lead him to a another place and paused "Which half would you like on your back?" she asked showing a zone in a raised area of the floor to draw in. "The males draw there half into this then the females."

A little while later another Shatong entered the chamber, a female but nearly purely white scales with only a slight difference on her belly scales. Her eye's a soft blue hue but one looking partly clouded. Shaza saw her and her tail went into a strange s shape with the tip hanging over her shoulder. The white Shatong nodded and her tail also made the same pose. Clearly a sign of respect to Shatong culture. The white one looked at Dalnr and very quickly clued in he would never be able to make the tail action and instead held out her hand for him to shake.

"This is Seher, she's one of the only 2 of what you would call, priests that where brought here with us. There scales are devoid of all pigment giving them the white color as a result. Seher is also partly blind as result but she'd have us both pinned to the floor in moments." Shaza introduced the white Shatong.

Seher nodded and looked at Dalnr with her good eye "We represent the Shatong race in its purist form. As a result we do not allow anything to be tampered with." she explained "I will be over seeing your marriage with Shaza. You have gone through many trials with her and you did not leave her nor did she leave you. When she was captured, you went in for her, when you fought her, you took care to not harm her. You where angry when you where not allowed to place your own existence at risk to clear our traditional trial of the cleansing. And you continue to show your dedication even as your own people cast you out for not leaving her side. the cleansing is but a small price compared to what you've gone through for her. And for that we grant you the permission to marry her, you will be expected to care for her, to help her, and to be equals with her. As she is with you. I am not aware of how these work in your culture but in ours, you agree to all that is part of a marriage here. She will keep you in your place, as you will be expected to keep her in her place as well. Your family will come above all else and the same will go for her." she said in a very serious tone before a flicker of her tail and strange patterns seemed to light up along her thighs tail and sides "You are not required to answer at this time, but you will in 2 days time." she stated before making the gesture with her tail again to them again before leaving.

Shaza let out a breath of releif, "Sometimes, I don't know if that's a scolding, or a compliment. But she approves which means we are set." she said before giving Dalnr a kiss "And before you ask, they do more or less watch the colony as well....." she paused a disturbing thought entering her head. Could one of them be the spy that was feeding the rebel Krahn info?

((Yeppers, haven't forgotten about that sub plot lol))

Dalnr listened quietly to the old Shatong, absorbing her words carefully so that he wouldn't forget. He knew that none of the things she mentioned would be a problem because he already did that, but heading them said seemed to make the whole thing more real.

When Shaza kissed him her kissed back, holding her tight to him for a few moments.

"I love you." He said quietly, putting his forehead to hers.

"Do we need to do any preperation for the big day? Besides the pod I don't know what else is involved in Shatong marriage." He admitted, slightly ashamed. He knew that he was woefully ignorant of Shaza's culture even though she knew so much about his. These doubts he shook off, telling himself that he would know more the longer they were together.

"We should go see to Pikna." He said quietly. "I doubt she'll be asleep much longer, and I know she's going to be upset when she wakes."

Edited by Ryujin13

Shaza hugged him back and gently pressed back with her for head "I love you as well Dalnr." she whispered back before thinking on his question "The rest is normally up to the couple in question. After the trials and pods set to grow and the elders given there approval.... we can do what ever we want short of starting a family, that would have to wait till after the marriage." she explained before nodding "And true, lets help cheer her up with the news that the family will be spun together in 2 more days, that way her parent's are not just a couple." she said smiling starting to head to leave the chamber before pausing and getting a playful smile on her face.

Suddenly her tail swipped along the wet floor to knock his feet out from under him before landing in her arms before being scooped up before she nuzzled his cheek "My Dalnr." she said with a giggle.

Dalnr nodded his understanding, already thinking about how best to comfort Pikna. He was so preoccupied that he didn't notice the flicker of movement like he normally would have. Next moment he was landing in Shaza's arms. He let her hold him for a few moments before he took his feet again and turned pulling her in for another long kiss. When he pulled back he gently hugged her, then took her hand and walked back towards the house.

Inside Pikna was in a corner with Aera again, the stink of her pheromones filling the air. She was also talking to herself and was obviously panicking over what she had done.

"Murder: The unlawful premeditated killing of one being by another." She whispered to herself, hugging Aera to her who crooned mournfully. "I murdered that boy Aera, I killed him. I'm a monster, it's all my fault. I should have checked my numbers, I should have made adjustments Aera. Maybe I should just go home. At least in the lab I didn't hurt people." She managed, closing her eyes and holding Aera tight, the little animal giving a soft croon as it felt its owners sadness and despair.

"I don't see how what you did was murder." Dalnr said softly, causing Pikna to jump. "You didn't plan the whole thing so it's not murder, and it wasn't unlawful sice the arena wanted you to. So not murder."

Pikna shook her head furiously, her eyes closed and more pheromones emanating from her. "I still killed him, and I-I watched him die. He screamed, then just fell over and stopped moving. I never wanted to hurt anyone. I just want to be let alone, I just want to be normal! I want to have a quiet life, I want to have a home, and I want my friend back, and I want... I want to have never been born like this. I want to be normal." She finally whispered, still refusing to look at Dalnr or anyone else in the room.

Dalnr regarded the girl for a moment, then went over and sat beside her. He considered the small, quivering form beside him for a moment before pulling her in close to him, trying to comfort him.

"I can't make those things come true." He said sadly, feeling Pikna shake as he spoke. "I can only give you the best that I can. Shaza and I are getting married in two days, and you are our daughter, even if not by blood." He looked down at Pikna and saw that she was at least petting Aera gently, instead of just curling into a ball and hoping to be forgotten. Seeing her pet the little animal just brought forward how innocent she really was. Aera was Pikna's first friend, and it was obvious that the girl loved Aera with all her heart.

"I know that what happened hurts, I know that you would never do it on purpose." He sighed and gave her a hug. "Pikna, this place isn't a good prison. It's full of death and pain. I hate it, others hate it, and we all wish we weren't here. The only good thing I see about this place is what's in this room, you, and Shaza. You two are the best things I've come across here, and while I'm sorry you had to endure what you did because of those Krahn scientists, I'm not sorry that I met you. You are a fascinating young woman who I look forward to see grow up. I want to see the happy Pikna who asked for her friend to stay the night. I want to see you having fun, not upset at herself for something she couldn't control. My people have a saying. You can't stop the red moon. You can't stop time. In other words, things will happen as they happen. Neither of us can fully control what is going to happen, after all our choices are only so much in the great web that creates a world. All we can do is live to the best of our abilities. You tried your hardest to not hurt others, and even though you did hurt someone, it wasn't your fault. You lived the best you could, and I am so proud to have you as a daughter."

Pikna finally opened her eyes at this and looked up at Dalnr's smiling face. She seemed to be thinking for a moment, then she hugged him tight, sweeter pheromones now coming with her relief, her hope, and other mixed emotions.