little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

"I don't think so Shaza." Pikna said quietly. "He may have said it, but Myx talked to me about him and I don't think he would actually give up. His family has ruled that tribe for over 300 years, and now he lost leadership because his son died and he wasn't strong enough. He... I think he might actually try and hurt himself from shame Shaza. He won't see himself as worthy of you or a family or even life. I'm just worried is all." Pikna explained.

"We should begin immediately then." The second Draken said. "It is your plan so you organize it. I will alert the others to it and begin preparing."

Shaza blinked and sighed "There is that as well, we'll keep an eye on him Pikna, Try to make him feel like the needed father he is. Plus, I told him we'll patch him up, then I'll help him train so he can retake his position. Kas-Mah medical development is stone age compared to ours so the one who beat him will still be recovering by the time he can return." she said before frowning and got up before laying back down "Strange..... just got a message a ghost being was making its way here but suddenly it..... turned around." she said "Back on topic, When he does wake though, be easy on him, but make sure he knows he's part of this family." she finished off saying.

The Draken nodded and slipped into the ground and began to make his way, however the guards clearly where alerted as well as a few seemed to be holding Krahn weapons. The Draken turned around and rejoined the group "Too late already, Shatong are able to detect us, and some troops have energy based weapons." he said sounding frustrated.

"I'll try Shaza, but how long do you think it will be before he wakes up?" Pikna asked. "I hope soon." She stopped suddenly as a realization dawned on her and she hugged Aera to her, sad pheremones coming off again. "Now that Dalnr's not leader, I can't go see my friend." She said, her mind switching gears. "Unless she's with the new village, but I doubt it." She petted Aera more, then shook her head and looked at Shaza. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be worried about that. Not with Dalnr like he is."

The younger Draken glowed red for a moment as he got angry, then returned to his normal dark color. "This is unfortunate, we need to create the rift immediately. Perhaps there is another way. The population that supports the old Kas-Mah leader is small. If we were to kill them, then there would be no population to worry about. The Kas-Mah in the swamp would assume that the Shatong were responsible, which would only reaffirm their beliefs."

Shaza shook her head "Its alright Pikna, She was your first friend out side the family, you have every reason to be worried about her." she said "The fact your concerned for her shows you care Pikna. As for how long Dalnr maybe out, I honestly can't say, he's not a Shatong and after the info from the cleansing pools, since he's not Shatong most likely would take longer then if another Shatong had his injury's." she admitted "But when he does come out, he'll be very much healed and most likely, feeling very healthy compared to most days." she admitted smiling a little at that "Well..... Pikna.... he hasn't completely lost his position, a small portion of the Kas-Mah left with him, there setting up a village near by, they do not want to be bothered till Dalnr is back on his feet, but Dalnr has not completely lost." she said

The Draken shook his head "Even if we start killing off the small population, the rest would scatter to the Shatong defences, and the Shatong still have that one Kas-Mah that could still serve as a test creature for them." he said thinking "If the Shatong fire on us with those energy weapons we risk being killed. Then they will know how to affect us. We must catch the Kas-Mah as they explore the Shatong's territory. Where they can't call for help fast enough."

"I will." Pikna said, scratching Aera some more before sighing and leaning against Shaza. "Love you Shaza." She said quietly.

(I don't know what else to do right now. If you got an idea that's fine, otherwise I think we need to time skip.)

The draken considered this then bobbed again. "Agreed, we will begin as soon as we are able. Hopefully we can stage the deaths as accidents, but in total it doesn't matter as long as the goal is achieved."

As a few days went by Shaza continued to regain her strength and was almost fully recovered by the time Dalnr awoke in his pod. At first he struggled not knowing where he was and seemingly being in a stomach again was not exactly the first thing he needed to have the impression of. But his body had been restored with only one leg needing a little bit of work from the medical team doing some surgery with some stim cells. Afterwards he was brought to Shaza's home by the medical team and told he is to stay there for a few days while he recovers his strength.

The Kas-Mah near by the colony where more or less safe inside there make shift homes, But exploring very quickly became clear they needed to take Shatong partners with them as the Shatong's tech could detect the Draken that seemed to plague the area. Even with Shatong guards with the captured Krahn weapons, some teams never returned.

The Drones of the place seemed to be active again as well flying over head making almost hourly scans of both settlements before moving on.

Shaza looked up as the opening showed signs of someone coming into her home. She was just finishing showing Pikna more detailed instructions on using spawning pools, the stuff that can take days to make and why. When the opening showed Dalnr coming through Shaza was up almost instantly and embracing him. "Welcome back hun." she whispered to him

((Hows that?))

Dalnr carefully hugged Shaza back, then Pikna in turn as the two crowded close.

"Hello." He said quietly as he went to his corner and gingerly sat down, nursing the leg that had been broken. The leg in question hadn't just been broken, it had been shattered by repeated blows to it, and was going to take at least a week completely heal even with the help that Shatong medicine was giving.

Pikna came over and sat next to him, holding Aera to her and leaned against Dalnr, who carefully put an arm around her but stayed quiet.

"Dalnr?" Pikna asked. "Are you um, feeling better?" She asked.

Dalnr looked down at Pikna for a moment then nodded. "Yeah, my injuries are gone except for my leg which they say will be better soon." He said, not really showing much in the way of emotion.

Pikna looked at Shaza, her eyes asking for help.

"Well, when you get better, do you want to go and look at some of the animals? The plains have a bunch of them that I want to go and watch."

"Maybe Pikna, but it might be awhile. Perhaps you should put your efforts into something else." He said, causing Pikna to recoil in shock.

Dalnr sighed and shook his head, turning his gaze back to the small Krahn.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. We'll go when we next have the chance ok?"

Pikna smiled again and nodded, hugging Dalnr before standing and leaving the house to go work on something.

Dalnr sat there for a good while before finally turning his attention to Shaza.

"It's over Shaza." He said quietly. "I'm not a leader, I'm not strong or young. I'm a detriment who can take care of himself. I'm not worthy of a mate or daughter, especially when it's you and Pikna." He had pulled something out and showed it to Shaza, revealing a deactivated energy blade. "I'm sorry I put you through all this, I'm sory for failing you." He said, activating the blade.

Shaza narrowed her eye's when he showed the deactivated blade that soon became activated. She swiped it out of his hand "You might not be young any more Dalnr, but my people can help with that. You might of lost one battle, your already back on your feet. I bet Jorlana is still in serious injury you left her in." she said deactivating the blade "You still have followers, they have set up a small village near by and will only take orders from you. How do you think you'll make me look if they learned you died in my home?" she asked "A good portion of your people already think me this..... siren, something to ignore and kill." she said getting visibly disturbed "Pikna told me how your people deem it honorable to kill ones self if a weight to the village." she said looking at the weapon before looking at him "You still have skill, training, your body has been restored, all your leg needs is a bit of time before its good as new. Your no weight, and your still a leader. The group might be small, but as I already said, Jorlana, I bet she's still at risk of bleeding out." she said before gently taking hold of Dalnr's wrist "Now, how many times do I also need to tell you Dalnr, your a father to Pikna, your my future mate, and you lost one battle you think that makes you a weakling to me?" she asked not hiding the wording "A war is not won through one battle, but through many. You lost one, alright, I guess you just have something to correct. Your restored, and we'll give you some of our combat training so you have some new tricks as well." she said activating the blade her self before looking right into his eye's "Your not out of this yet, don't think I'll let you out like that so easily." she said placing the weapon back in his hand before letting go "My future mate is no coward, and even by his own peoples rules, is not useless nor dead. Is he going to let one challange loss beat him? Show him self as the weakling Jorlana took him for? Or will he rise above that to retake his rightfully earned position to help his people?" she asked before taking a few steps back to let him decide "My future mate has only failed me if he takes the cowards way out. Until then, he has not." she stated.

Dalnr looked down at the knife he held, feeling its weight, as well as the weight that Shaza's words had placed on it.

He wasn't a coward, he knew that, and Shaza was right that he still had his strength and skill. What was more, he had people that still needed him, the ones that had followed him, but more importantly, Pikna and Shaza needed him.

Finally Dalnr thumbed off the blade and set it aside, gently hugging Shaza to him while being careful of his leg.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly, holding Shaza to him as he spoke. "You're right, I was trying to take the easy way out."

After a few moments he let Shaza pull back as he let go of the hug.

"The healers say it'll be a week before my leg will be better." He said, gently straightening it but grimacing as he did so.

"I um... I don't remember much about the second round of the fight." He said quietly, embarrassed about what had happened no matter what Shaza said. "I know I lost, but did I at least go down fighting?"

Shaza smiled seeing him turn the blade off and hugged him back glad he saw reason. She gently squeezed him when he admitted to what he was about to do. When he let go she first kissed his cheek before taking a step back. She nodded as he told her about the eastimated time for his leg and his question. "The medical teams most likely placed a.... brace in your leg to keep the bone in place, it was broken in multiple places. But no need to worry when your leg finishes healing the brace will desolve into your blood stream giving a small boost like you just ate a snack. As for the fight, yes you did, Jorlana passed out shortly after you did even, you left her in a sorry state, many cuts, most likely mustle damage for sure, tendon in place, with out decent medical that won't heal in a week." She explained sitting down patting a spot beside her as well as having her tail cup the zone for him to sit in.

"A small group of your people follow you still, at first they where worried we placed you in a restore pod, only possible thanks to the blood samples you allowed a few days ago. They built a village northeast of here close by however they wanted to be left alone until you could once again speak for them." she explained "Its up to you if you start a new village but, I don't see thing going well when Jorlana sees my kind as...... sirens... speaking of those, what are sirens exactly?" she asked looking puzzled.

Dalnr sighed and sat down beside Shaza, carefully maneuvering his leg so it wouldn't move to much. When he got into position he sat back, thinking for a moment.

"I'll have to go speak with them eventually, but it won't turn out well." He said. "They're angry, confused, and though they wouldn't admit it, scared. They chose to leave the village for a new life, not that uncommon on the home world, but here, everything's different, and you know how much my people like change. Your people also make them nervous. They're willing to follow me, but they also wonder about your people." He considered Shaza's question about the siren for a moment, then shrugged. "I don't mean to upset you, but the village doesn't think the Shatong are sirens, they think you are. Sirens are old tales that have been around forever, since the Kas-Mah could tell stories. They are beings that take on the form of a beautiful person, and begins to whisper in their victims ear. Sometimes they sing, other times they make promises that the victim can't resist. No matter how they do it, they try and lure a victim to their doom, which usually means the swamp. The siren then consumes the victims soul, leaving only a wrinkled, dried out body. No matter what, the victim dies, but how long it takes or how it is done varies from person to person. Anyone who can resist a siren is considered blessed with a very strong soul and is destined for greatness." He shrugged and leaned against Shaza a little. "I don't think you're a siren though, I think you're a beautiful woman who is trying to help."

Shaza nodded as he spoke, frowning a little when he told her it was not her people, but her thought as the siren. It bothered her they still though that. What did she do to make them think she'd kill Dalnr as well? Then it came to her, Defas's death would have been a large contributor to that. She sighed and put a arm around Dalnr as he leaned against her. She smiled and nodded "Thank you." she said with a soft smile. "I hope that in time, most likely after we unblock your people, that our kinds would thrive with out the tension." she admitted "Words been sent to me the scientists and medical teams are almost ready to begin tests to remove the adnormal DNA, but we've never extracted DNA quiet like this before. We've copied it and all but.... its not even the same code the rest of your kind's DNA is yet communicates. The worst part is we risk.... a death or 2 in the first tests because of this. And with tensions..... another death with me around won't reflect well on your peoples views on mine. Even if we get it through there heads where trying to help." she said before looking up at the ceiling "Then again, it might all be corrected once the block is removed with out a problem showing up." she pointed out "As your currently small village would grow and advance far past Jorlana's and we'll help guide your people as well." she said with a small smile "After all, advancing, adapting past what you've done is all new grounds for you, but the past for mine." she said half to her self before an idea hit her "Wonder if Pikna would like to help, have her assist the scientists in that, would give her a huge opportunity to learn as well and you know how she loves to learn new things." she said before looking at Dalnr gently squeezing him against her for a moment "Jorlana's right you know, you've called me beautiful, I've made promises that would be very hard to resist, however she's wrong about the doom part. Unless being married and mates with me is considered, being doomed." she said grinning a little having her tail move to loosely wrap around him before she kissed his cheek.

She knew she was being a bit random, but could not focus on doom and gloom, she wanted some smiling to happen. "You don't feel like your about to die now do you?" she teased nuzzling him.

Ghon looked at Jorlana's resting form. Covered in bandages and dried blood. After a bit he began to wonder if she'd wake. Last thing they need is a new leader who sleeps the entire time. He had sent her mate off to do his duty's to not dwell on her. He was seeing signs now of her coming to "Welcome back Jorlana, Dalnr's gone as well as the siren. Best you get to work as soon as you can stand, the village is not entirely too happy that you've been sleeping for so long." he pointed out "Oh, while you where asleep, I struck a deal with the Draken, they seemed pleased you wished the Shatong away from us, and in return, I got them to agree to no touch our land again, we should not have any more ghost troubles from now on." he explained.

Edited by little lost dragon

Dalnr smiled a little and shrugged, wincing as he moved his leg.

"Well, some men would sometimes say that marriage is a doom, but that's neither here nor there." He said with a small chuckle before growing more serious.

"Are you sure there's no other way to test the procedure?" He asked quietly, his voice becoming that of a leader once more. "Sacrificing any of my people would do more harm then good, even if we removed the block. They will look back at Jorlana and think that she was right. They will wonder of they made the right choice following me." He looked at his hands before quietly nodding. "You're right though, once the other Kas-Mah see what we can accomplish, they will allow for doubt to creep in. It is only a matter of getting the procedure to work."

Jorlana a sat up, gasping as her wounds pulled and stretched. Her hand instinctively went to her middle where the most damage had been done. She could feel the broken ribs beneath the bandage there, as well as the long slices and cuts that would scar her forever. It took her awhile to take stock of all her wounds, but in all she would survive. There was no doubt, Dalnr had done enough damage that she would have gone down if he had not succumbed to his wounds seconds before her.

In all she had broken five ribs and cracked most of the others, broken a leg, suffered over twenty lacerations that were five inches or more long, countless other cuts, and three broken fingers. Everything was in a splint or cast, and wouldn't move unless she wanted it to. Her ribs were another matter of course, but there wasn't much to do except to bind them.

"You should have waited until I could speak for the tribe." She groaned, pulling herself up through sheer arm strength. "But you did well anyway." Finally she got up and grabbed the offered crutch, using it to keep herself upright. "Alright, get the council together, we need to assess our resources. While that happens, send out messengers. Anyone who didn't follow Dalnr and his siren are welcome to return, especially if they are military that Dalnr sent to fight the pointless war. If they left with him, they are banished forever. Their children are of course welcomed, but their parents are not. Send the messengers first, and make sure that any who returned are screened, we don't want the traitors to sneak back in."

Shaza sighed and shook her head "Its not like we can make a ointment or fluid that will do this sort of thing with out assistance. Such things have been outlawed as well thanks to the my peoples history when such things where used and abused for small things. Back when we allowed them to alter them selfs for the 'pursue of happiness'. It lead to a civil war to keep our race the Shatong and not monsters walking around." she admitted "Thankfully the side that wanted to remain Shatong won, but not before a devastating side effect showed up. Ever since those years, some females, including my mother, could hardly have children with out the child dieing in the womb. My mother had the same condision, though I do not know how I came out alive, but I did." she explained "To remove the added DNA the teams would need a volunteer to work with. But there's no promises the first run will be a good one." she admitted

Ghon nodded "As you wish. there is one thing that is trouble some, I noticed when the siren arrived, she had a guard, when we removed her, the guard was no where to be found. Nor has the guard been spotted here nor crossing the swamp. Knowing they could be almost anything.... stay alert." he explained before heading out to round up the counsil.

"Fine, then we start with me." Dalnr groaned, moving his leg again. "If I die, then Jorlana will permit my followers to return. They will swear allegiance to her, and the issue will resolve itself either way." He already knew the objections that were coming, and turned to Shaza, his eyes firm. "Do as you ask your followers to do." He said, voice steely. "That is what my fathers grandfather taught him. 'Give everything for them, and their faith will be repaid. Make their lives better, even at the sake of your own." He closed his eyes and looked down. "I cannot expect others to die for something that might or might not work, not when they have already sacrificed their homes, their happiness just to place their faith in a failing leader. What would that look like to them? It would look like Jorlana was right, like I had been corrupted by you and was willingly throwing away lives to you and your people. If I die then they have options, ways to deal with their problems, whether that he going back home or some other solution." He turned his gaze back to Shaza after a few moments, then shook his head. "There isn't another way that won't end badly and you know it Shaza." He said quietly. "If you have better ideas then please bring them forward, but I think you and I both know the truth."

Jorlana frowned, considering this news for a few moments, then shook her head as she limped from the hut. "Keep a watchful eye out for the shifter. Sooner or later it will reveal itself, and when it does we can make an example of it. Now, go deliver the messages." She said, already making her way off towards the meeting hall.

Shaza Was indeed opening her mouth to object but eventually closed her mouth and looked at the moist floor. Clearly not liking the idea but nothing else coming to her mind. "Alright..... we'll need the volen... we'll need you to be ready by tomorrow so they find all the places where the source forin DNA is. Since your body does not have that DNA normally there's a source of it, could be your heart, could be your kidney's, something with a lot of your blood flowing through it." she explained before sighing "Then after that, the process of removing the DNA starts. A few things could go wrong, DNA is triggered which seems to kill your people, we accidentally scrape some of your own DNA which could kill, or deform as time passes, though if deform we can fix that too. And or the forin DNA fights and spreads to more key organs in which case the chances of any of the rest happening would be greatly increased." she explained before looking at him "But if it works, and the DNA block is removed. You'll need to rest in a restore pod for another few days, your body has long adapted to having the block. Having it removed will leave you weak and maybe even very frail for a few days. The restore pod would to help you make the transition and keep you in one piece." she explained.

Ghon rounded up the counsel members and entered the meeting hall with them. He gave a small bow to Jorlana as the rest entered.

"I understand." Dalnr said quietly. "When can we have the procedure done? The sooner we get this started the better. I can't let the rift of my people widen more then it already has. Every day we are split is another chance of reunifying that floats away."

The meeting hall was full when Jorlana arrived, and all present bowed in respect as she sat. Luckily the meeting was short as she already knew what needed to be done, and the messengers had already been sent. Most of the rest was logistics and general ideas for how to run the colony under her rule. She had constant patrols out up on the edge of the swamp, more people put towards raising the herds of animals that they used, and generally put everything towards protection and growth. Finally she sat up straight and looked around at the faces present.

"I know this is a lot to ask, which is why this isn't an order, it's a request. I would ask for volunteers to... Add new life to our village. We need children to help us grow, and that means we need people to volunteer. Upon my recovery I for one will be marrying my mate and creating a new life for a soul. I do not want or need answers now, but please consider this. Any that volunteer will be well looked after and will have anything they need for the proper raising of the child. Thank you." She said, already hearing surprised murmurs in the crowd.

(Sorry for the short post and the long time coming, I don't really know what else to say lol. Do we time skip or something?)

((Sure, do you want it before or after the DNA removal has happened? I can role it all up into one post if ya want, if not let me know))

Shaza nodded "True, tomorrows the soonest they'll be ready to begin. Theres....." she paused and looked at the floor before hugging him against her though careful to not move his leg too much. "Stay strong alright? If not for your village but then for Pikna and I, we'll be ready to take you in with open arms." she said quietly "We'll need to explain this to Pikna, she won't take it too well most likely no matter how we put it, but better she knows now then if and after you die." she explained. She clearly did not want to agree to Dalnr being the test subject more or less. But he was still the voice of his people, what small group of them remained loyal to him.

When Pikna returned for the night the situation was explained to her, and while at first she was almost in a panic, with Shaza explaining the steps, the precautions, and Dalnr assuring her he'll be alright. The young Krahn child eventually accepted this. That night was a restless one, for both women in the home.

When the morning came Shaza slowly got up and woke Dalnr up, Pikna was already up but yawning up a storm in her own kinds way. The family made there way inside the medical facility where a number of scientists and medical teams stood by or where connected to the building. One stepped over to them "Such practices have not been used in decades. As a result we can not say the out come of this operation. But we assure you all our best will be done." he said and Shaza nodded before one came up to Dalnr gently leading him to a strange table like growth in the chamber. Tendrils came from the ceiling though if one looked and paid attention, each tendril was being controlled by the ones connected to the building.

Once Dalnr was clear of all clothing and given an injection to put him into a deep slumber the operation began. Pikna was given the option to stay or leave. Shaza would follow her as well.

The tendrils set to work with other Shatong grabbing fluids and other strange tools that all seemed to be alive and breathing some crawling over Dalnr once placed on him.

"Secure the heart lungs and brain matter, we'll lock down his body to prevent spread of the forin DNA as well as stop termination if we trigger it." one scientist ordered as a set of tools where placed on Dalnr's now opened chest. One stopped on his head "Scan complete, few places with the DNA detected." one that was plugged into the building stated. The tendrils lowered over the spots the ends glowing. The medical teams set to work on safely opening up the areas as well. Though one spot the DNA seemed to be in the skin and fur.

The tools that where placed in his chest seemed to find there way based on the data given by the scanning ones out side to his key organs before almost melting down and covering the organs completely. The lungs where allowed to remain breathing with the help of the mask that was left on. The heart however was slowed to a beat almost once a min and brain activity slowed to only commands to the heart and lungs remained. "Chances of spread minimal. Begin extraction." another said before the tendrils folded back up into the ceiling and another set came down, these much more complicated looking. Glowing orbs on either side in 2 rows on each tendril and they seemed to bury the tips into the infected zones with the DNA. "Extraction in progress. Site one seems to be active, DNA detected on rough to subjects heart." another reported before the medical teams set to work cutting off the flow in the blood vessels before a number of strange tubes where brought over. In almost a moment, once that one site had been purged the medical team then seemed to simply cut out the infected blood contained in the blood vessel they trapped it in and replaced it with one of the strange tubes. "Blood loss minimal, recovery rate high already, no threat." the medical team said before the next site was purged. the process seemed to go well however it quickly became clear to why Dalnr would need to spend time in the recovery pod again. By the time the last site was done he looked more like a dissected creature then a Kas-Mah. A number of his old blood vessels had been removed with the blood carrying more of the infected DNA. Which was all placed in a number of container eggs for further study. The tendrils folded back up before the first ones came back down and with the medical team closing up the sites, sealed him up. "The tools covering his key organs will de-solve in the restore pod and will aid in his recovery." one said before after his chest was closed up, he was placed in the pod he had been in just yesterday.

Shaza got word that the operation seemed to be a success and Shaza grabbed Pikna suddenly and hugged her tightly. "I just got word.... they say he'll live, and it worked." she said almost in a breathless whisper.

Mean while the Draken where in a meeting though this time one seemed to be restrained "We told you to not interfere, yet after repeated warnings you continued to kill both the races that can pose a threat to us! You and your partner who has run off. The fact the Shatong are now removing our DNA blocks only means if we continue to anger them or the Kas-Mah, we risk them developing something to kill us if entered them again. Our work is undone and our ship is grounded with its equipment, however the main Kas-Mah group will no longer be a threat as they have agreed to a deal to not ever have contact with the Shatong again. If we catch you causing trouble with them, you will be terminated, are we clear?"

Edited by little lost dragon

The day of Dalnr's surgery Pikna had taken Aera and gone to the large tree near Shaza's house where she sat and talked to herself as well as Aera, all the while petting her little friend.

She stayed there the whole day, refusing to come down for anything or anyone including Shaza. All she did was talk to Aera, pet her and sit, all while sad, scared, and a few other pheromones came off of her, leaving a bad smell around the tree.

Towards sunset she finally buzzed down and went to Shaza's house where she curled up in a corner, waiting for news.

When it finally came the sweet smell of happiness and relief pheromones replaced the bad smelling ones and she hugged Shaza back, holding onto the older woman as tight as she could.

She couldn't even bring herself to talk, instead just relying on physical contact to convey her relief.

"I'm glad he's ok." She managed after a bit. "When she gonna wake up though?"

Shaza held Pikna close and remained like so for a bit. When the question came she nodded "Most likely a day or 2, depends on how his body takes to the change, he's had a number of blood vessels replaced apparently, but the DNA that was holding his race back has been removed. For all we know, he might emerge him self, or his body might need help as it try's to evolve to make up for lost time and restricted adaption." she admitted. "But the medical teams will be keeping a very close eye on him." she assured the young girl.

((Up to you how he comes out and stuff.))

When Dalnr once again came out of the pod he was greeted with stares and quick glances from medic to medic. He was to tired and weak to notice though as he almost fell from the pod, only being caught by two of the Shatong who gently put him on stretcher and brought him to Shaza's house.

He was asleep for over a day afterwards but finally woke in the early afternoon the next day to see Shaza nearby.

"I guess I survived." He quipped, stopping at the sound of his voice. It was strange sounding with a different tone to it. Passing this off as a temporary side effect of the surgery he sat up to noticed that something was pulling below him. A gentle exploration revealed a long furry thing, a new tail.

As fast as he could manage he was feeling his face and body.

When he stopped he felt his eyes, revealing the two pair were still there, although now they had vertical pupils instead of the round ones from before.

"What happened to me?" He asked Shaza. "I thought removing the blocks would just allow us to advance normally, not change us."

The Draken being interrogated quietly said yes before being released. The others wandered off after this, leaving him alone to think about things.

(In short removing the blocks allowed his body to evolve. In short it snapped forward to what it should have been, making him more cat then what he was before.)

Shaza smiled and nodded "In removing the blocks it allowed your body to also advance its own course with out the inhibitor DNA stopping it. This is what your people as a result, should look similar too." she explained "But your brain is now allowed to come up with new idea's as well as new things and take to them better then it had before. My only concern..... is that will your people see you as one of them still?" she asked looking him over before walking over to a wall "Once you've proven to them this has no side effects and your better off then we'll start accepting others who wish to have the blocks removed. But for now the scientists and medical want to keep an eye on you in case any side effects do show up. As you might remember, such things have not been done for a long time." she explained as she opened a small pocket in the wall to reveal his cloths, washed for him. She brought them over then looked him over again "Your build has shifted a little, but you should be able to continue wearing these if you so desire." she said before placing them beside him "Your kind look more..... feline like. It will be interesting to see how your people take to these changes if and when they do get them. However I feel Jorlana may use these... changes and show them something as bad and to be avoided. Your people over all, might see these changes as.... too sudden, leaving their race behind and becoming a new one. Even if this is what your kind would look like if your DNA had not been.... locked and blocked." she explained "The medical team where puzzled when you first emerged as we did not know what to expect for when you did. But the first scans taken showed your body was working fine, granted some stress in areas where the DNA was extracted, but over all, your ticking like this has always been your form, your eye's have changed as well so you might find something harder to see why other times easier. I'd say I could help you with that since my kind also have slits instead of round piuples but where all things considered, entirely different races. So for all I know, everything could be very bright or very dark to you." she explained before sitting down beside him "But never forget, your still my future husband and Pikna our daughter. Who I have a feeling as soon as she gets back, be ready for a bundle of exo skeleton, wings and happiness that your back." she said smiling taking his hand in hers.

"I'm hoping that the others will trust me enough to go along with this. Hopefully we can grow our community to such a point that those we left in the swamp will realize that we are better off. At that point I hope we can join the tribe again and have the procedure done to everyone. Jorlana will apples this of course, but like I said, I hope that when enough have gone through the procedure she will give in."

He sighed and sat back, picking up his tail and messing with it as he sat there.

When offered clothes he smiled and carefully put them on, but not before slicing a hole for his new tail in the seat of them.

When he had finished he sat back down, tired from the surgery. He was about ready to nap when Pikna came through the door.

"Shaza, I heard Dalnr was back!" She said happily, looking around and spotting him. She stopped at the sight of him, her eyes a little side then smiled and threw herself into him, hugging him round the middle.

"I'm glad you're ok Dalnr." She said quietly. "I was worried about you."

"I missed you too Pikna." He said, gently patting her back.

Finally Pikna let go and sat back, looking at the new Dalnr with a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Removal of the DNA blockage created by an outside source resulted in more then an increased ability to learn and adapt. The present DNA was also allowed to snap back to what it would have evolved into if the blockage had not been placed." She said, making observations like she did when something interesting came her way.

Dalnr smiled and shrugged at this, gently hugging Pikna again. "You're right like always." He said, patting her on the back.

Pikna hugged him again, then let go and sat down beside him so that Shaza was on one side and Pikna on the other.

"Do you feel ok?" She asked, cocking her head slightly.

"Yeah, visions a little different, different colors then before, but better overall better. Everything else seems to be in order although I might have gained a few inches in height."

Shaza smiled and had her tail come around and the tip of hers gently cup the tip of his "Having a tail can be useful as well, it increases balance, can be used as another limb, and help in combat. though yours nothing like the thickness of my kinds tails, its still able to have its uses, before you go back to your village you where removed from, we'll train you on my combat skills so you have your book of suprizes again if Jorlana insists on a challenge to be issued. As for growing as a community, I have no doubt your people will thrive well, and if any support is needed we are almost right next door to the new village. As promised we'll guide you and keep your people focused. Certain things are best left untouched for ones population." she explained

"Tomorrow I think it would be safe to introduce you to your village that has formed close by. You'll have some explaining to do but, maybe after a few questions only you can answer, they'll welcome you back in." she assured him before blinking then frowning "Off topic however, drone activity has spiked." she said getting up "Apparently there's one right over the colony seemingly 'looking' for something." she said "You 2 stay here, I'll go investigate."

Dalnr nodded quietly, playing with the tail again, thinking about the inevitable argument that was to come tommorrow. "I don't know how they are going to take this." He said. "Probably not well though. I wouldn't be surprised if some don't try and return home."

When Shaza mentioned the drone he tried to stand, but almost fell, his muscles weak and unused to their new form.

"Dalnr we should stay like Shaza said." Pikna said, a worried tone in her voice as she helped Dalnr sit down again. "You're still weak from the surgery."

Dalnr almost snapped at her for calling him weak, a natural reaction for his people, but stopped himself before he could do any damage.

"Alright, but only because you said so." He said quietly, making Pikna smile as she pulled the newly washed blanket over him and tucked in the edges. She looked at Dalnr then carefully laid down, her head on his lap.

"Love you Dalnr." She said, looking up at him.

"Love you too Pikna." He said, smiling down at her and gently touching her cheek. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep after that, exhausted from the surgery.

(Not sure what you want the drone to do.)