little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

The Krahn leader took a step back at the death of the first one. Having never seen such a scene he was in a bit of shock now. Though when Dalnr got to reaching the prisoners wings "STOP!" he shouted "You wanted information not inflicting pain or killing." he stated firmly "We'll just extract the info if they won't talk." he said before taking out a radio "Get me a few info scanner helmets along with a medical team." he said into it before looking at Dalnr "They maybe prisoners but there still Krahn." he stated.

Cutting the pod open was slow going but the rebel Krahn found a way ans where starting to slowly open the pod. Inside Shaza began to wake due to the induced stasis being disrupted.

Dalnr looked back at the Krahn leader, anger in his eyes, but finally threw the Krahn he was holding down and turned of his blade. After that he stalked out of the cell and pushed past the Krahn leader before going out into the hallway. There he stood, glowering through his helmet at anything that walked by. After about five minutes he got fed up and went back into the room, already preparing to kill another Krahn.

"Have they talked yet, or can we just do this the easy way?" He asked.

(Short post is short. Sorry)

The Krahn leader closed his eye's "Dalnr your not dealing with your own people here." he stated clearly frustrated with Dalnr now "I get you want your mate back now if you just let me work here we'll have the info soon and not twisted like it could end up so if they spoke!" he took a deep breath "Please wait in that hall way, I need to focus." he said before turning back to his screen as he sifted through info the head scanners where giving him. "Killing them might only kill one with a critical peice of info the others might not even know."

Shaza was awake now and first thing she learned, someone was breaking into her pod. 2 it was far too early for her to be waking up she felt the tingle of the healing in progress but nowhere close to being done. And third she was now trapped in her with the pod inert thanks to the idiot who was cutting in killing the pod in the process. At least the fluids could sustain one for a while with out being cycled. But still.

Dalnr almost took the leaders head off at this insult and only just stopped himself from doing this. He turned without a word and stalked out again. The Krahn walking by couldn't tell his emotions because he didn't give off scents and they couldn't see his face, but they avoided him all the same. Dalnr for his part found a spot to the side and started to clean his rifle for lack of anything better to do. It calmed him slightly, going through the motions, taking each piece out and oiling it carefully, before finally putting the whole thing back together. The only part he left out was the crystal itself which glowed a bright orange. This he inspected, checking for cracks or fissures that might interfere with the firing mechanism. Finally he put this back and closed the weapon. He cocked it just to be sure it worked properly, then carefully released the mechanism so it would fire. All this took about 20 minutes but he didn't go back, instead he pulled out a knife from his leg sheath and began to clean this as well. He was obviously still angry, and it showed as he polished the blade. Finally when word arrived that the information had been given up, he went back into the room and listened to what they had learned.

"Fine, we have the information, how soon can you infiltrate the rebels base?" He questioned, his eyes still angry as he looked down at the Krahn leader.

The Krahn leader was starting to wonder if the only reason why the Kas-Mah where on there side was because the Shatong where. With how demanding this male was getting. "Now that we have the info I've already given the order for our best trained to suit up for the first infaltration mission. Then they will be given the info and then we'll fake a prison break. After that they will lead you to the out post and tell you when its safe to enter the area." he explained "Your dismissed, meet up with the team by the study center." he said with a wave of his hand clearly wanting Dalnr gone.

Shaza braced weakly when the pod was ripped open to see a dimly lit room and 3 Krahn rebels that had finished cutting and ripped the pod open. The fluids spilled out all over the floor as they ran off her. She looked at them eye's narrowed. They aimed there weapons at her "Alright Shatong! Hands up and.... tail up as well!" one said a little shaky at her glare but she complied. Though they had to look up to see where her tail ended in the air. "Step out of the pod now........" the guard said but when Shaza did not move he raised his weapon though now she spoke "Your frightened. You've never done this before haven't you." she said not new to being at gun point thanks to another war before. Plus after facing ghosts and watching them pop out of beings that then died afterwards, not that scary to her.

"Your weapon is shaking, your body vibrating your scent of fear. Thanks to Pikna I have an idea of many of your scents and your kind is very expressive in scents." she said lowering her hands. "Hey I said-" Shaza looked at the guards though did not seem to care "You fire you kill me, you kill me you then are lacking anyway to get Pikna into your hands, and you would be missing your only leverage. You lower your weapons and we can talk this out, as I'm sure judging by your scents, you would rather do." she said soothingly before another Rebel Krahn entered the scent "Smooth talking Shatong, on your knees...... what ever your kind does when only half standing!" he ordered his armor markings showing him to be higher ranked. When she did not comply he raised a small device and pressed it.

Shaza stepped back eye's closed tight in pain at seemingly nothing "Your kind lacks physicle ears Shatong, you listen through many vibrations through the air. Making you weak to sonic devices!" he said before turning it off "Now, on, your, knees!"

Edited by little lost dragon

At this insult Dalnr lost hold of his temper and grabbed the Krahn leader by the carapace before slamming him against the wall and holding him against it, the Krahn's feet dangling.

"Listen to me you worthless dung eater. I made the decision to come and attack, I got the Shatong to go along with it. You and those in this city owe your lives to me and my allies. You do not give orders, you do not wave me or any other Kas-Mah or Shatong away. We come and go as we please. You don't like it, you can fight this war by yourself. From what I've seen it won't end well, not that it will matter! Your race is full of cruel, evil little insects, pretending to be strong by waving weapons around, by torturing a little girl! You aren't worthy of the air you breathe, you aren't worthy of having Pikna born to your ancestor forsaken planet! Now, let me tell you what is going to happen; you will send out your team, you will have them infiltrate the rebel base. They will locate Shaza and if they can free her. If it isn't possible, they kill the power and my people will take it by force. That's what will happen, and that's what you will do. If I hear otherwise, what I did to that Krahn in there is light compared to the pain I will inflict on you." Dalnr hissed. He held the Krahn for a second or two after this before throwing the leader away and walking out the door to the transporter room.

The Krahn leader gasped for breath anger pheromones coming off him. "Doubt Your mate would agree with how your dealing here." he started but then Dalnr was out of the room. He shook his head.

The forces waiting for Dalnr said they where ready though a few looked very unsure about this whole thing.

The rebel out post leader Krahn turned on the device again getting a groan of pain from Shaza "You will follow my every command you piece of disgusting slime!" he stated kicking her in the side that had been injured. Though as soon as he did that she bit his knee. Her duel rows of sharp teeth coming in place before cutting into his exo skeleton like a hot knife through butter. She had not planned to bite his leg off but when he turned the device on it made her clentch her jaw in pain and after a few cracks, the Krahn was now missing half of an leg. He cried out holding what remained of his leg now hovering with his wings. "Guaaaa! Useless reptilian!" he shouted before leaving to tend to his new wound.

she spat out the leg hating the taste and lay there recoverin from the sonic device. In her already weakened state this was harming her more and more.

Dalnr gave the go ahead to the waiting Krahn, then sighed. Now it was a matter of waiting. He knew how far out the sensors that the Krahn extended, well over three miles, so it was just a matter of getting there.

"Come on." He said to the striders he had brought. He led them to the transport range and ordered the Krahn present to transport them all a safe distance from the Krahn sensors. A flash later and they stood in a meadow surrounded by tall cone shaped trees unlike anything Dalnr had seen in the swamp. The branches didn't have leaves either, instead holding bristles that were annoying. The branches themselves were rough and sappy, and strand wood things littered the ground beneath the trees. The striders immediately disappeared, as did Dalnr, their cloaks rendering them practically invisible. Dalnr himself chose a large tree with thick branches that would support his weight while offering the best mobility. Bird whistles from the Kas-Mah planet came from different directions, reporting all clear. Dalnr whistled an affirmative before finding a branch and crouching on it, not moving a muscle and seeming to not care about the way his muscles were tensed.

It was like that for who knew how long, but Dalnr still hadn't moved a muscles besides careful breathing. He played a game from when he was a cub where he looked at the ground and counted the insects he could spot while remaining still. He had invented it to fight boredom in situations like these, and had played it ever since.

A sharp whistle from his left caused him to quietly turn his head though. Another whistle announced that it was an ally though, causing Dalnr to uncloak and drop to the ground where he straightened and walked to the Shatong party.

"Where are your weapons?" He asked, looking around at the unarmed and unarmored Shatong, obviously confused as he removed his helmet. "If this is your rescue plan then I am interested in how you expect it to work without weapons. You don't have Pikna, the transporters, the rifles or the jamming devices. How do you expect to get close?"

The leader of the party, a greyish Shatong came forward "Why us more then needed? You have yet to see our infiltration methods go to work, we'll have the enemy carrying us into the compound. We've already had scouts look around in the forms of the wild life we catch. there sensors maybe sufisticated yet they lack the data needed to isolate our base gene code to tell us apart from say the wild life forms we mimic." she explained "Wait for the signel, now that we know your here, we'll disable there security and throw them into confusion. A few missing guards won't be noticed very easily." she said not knowing about the Krahn's plan.

Mean while inside the rebel leader of the out post plunged a blade in Shaza's "This looks well muscled, lets cut it up a little." he stated as she cried out while he had the sonic device on "Hows it feel to have your leg cut into hmmm?" he asked stabbing her again and again. Her blue ish blood oozing out. "Oh I don't worry about you losing your leg, I know one demand and I'll have what I need to patch you up, so I can stab you more you slimy freak!" he snarled. she was being held by 4 other guards one on each arm and 2 on her tail though they where struggling to keep her from struggling around. She was already weak from before but that was still lots of strength in her long thick tail. The leader rebel finally backed off after a number of stabs in her other leg. "I think you've learned your lesson." he stated flatly "Bleed out and I'll use your hide as a cloak!"

(Don't forget, the only person the Shatong can see is Dalnr. All the other Kas-Mah are still invisible.)

Dalnr nodded quietly as he listened, but shook his head when the Shatong announced their plan.

"I agree that your plan is a good one, I keep forgetting about your abilities beyond what I see directly in front of me. Your infiltration will be appreciated, but not as you are planning. The Krahn, damn their past lives, have already begun an infiltration operation. They are using stolen uniforms along with passcodes given to us by some of the prisoners. They are going to rescued Shaza if they can, but if they can't then they'll kill the power and we take the base by force." He explained. "Still, your plan can work, just slightly altered. I propose that you take the forms of animals as said, get and stay close to the enemy base. If the power is cut you can respond immediately. It will take my people about three minutes to get there."

The grey female nodded "Understood. See you by and in the complex for better or for worse." she said before turning to the rest of her team before they brought a few critters they had caught and knocked out before they took there turns turning into slime form before coating the critter before coming off the critter looking just like the critter. The process was short and soon if Dalnr had watched, there was a team of random critters when there used to be Shatong standing there. they then went into the enemy sensor range though most went around to enter at random points to not raise suspicion.

The Krahn that where infaltrating arrived and a little shakily entered the entrance pass code and where allowed in. Right away the Krahn rebel out post leader showed up "Ah you finally returned....." he paused "Please, tell me your names." he said flatly looking for certain details. And clearly was not spotting them on the team.

(True, but seeinf Dalnr decloak its a bit of alarge possiblity, along with the whistles)

Dalnr watched as the Shatong turned into the animals with fascination, then turned back on his camo.

"Get ready, I have no doubt about the Shatong's stealth skills, but I don't think the Krahn could sneak into their own house. They won't infiltrate the place successfully, and even if they do it will be for only a few minutes before they are discovered." Dalnr said over the direct link comm channel. He knew that the whole thing would erupt within the hour, and was only waiting for the signal.

"Take up chase positions." Dalnr ordered, already preparing himself. "Weapons check." Green lights appeared on the inside of his helmet representing that each strider was ready and waiting. "Kill Krahn on sight, if they surrender, incapacitate them and move on. Take no chances, all Krahn are hostile until proven otherwise." More green lights before everyone settled in to wait, all tense, all ready for the hunt to come.

The Krahn infiltrators were obviously uneasy, and the Krahn captain was already reaching for his weapon when the infiltrators leader responded a little to quickly.

"Kutser, this is my squad. I was captured and the squad I had been assigned were executed. I managed to break out and freed these Krahn. We only just managed to escape." He explained before going quiet. He was still nervous and was shifting from foot to foot out of habit.

The Krahn commander sighed "Is that so?" he asked "Alright, if that is so, please tell me the practice drill we had all inner teams preform and which one your team got." he said priming the weapon and aiming at them "Correct answer means I put this away, wrong answer means your all my prisoners." he stated as he waited for a responce.

Mean while out side the fake wild critters moved along right up to the facility's walls before waiting by doors and entrances to get in as soon as they opened. Once inside they began to take on the shapes of tools and a few got a few guards as well before going back into hiding.

"I'm waiting." the leader said before the other Krahn spoke nervesly "Sir.... we did not get such a-" he was cut off by the weapon firing right into his neck "Wrong, alright, rest of you, drop your weapons!" he ordered reaching for his radio to signel the guards they had more prisoners.

The infiltration squad immediately dropped their weapons as instructed and allowed themselves to be cuffed and led off to the detention center. The Krahn captain turned with a smirk and went back to Shaza who was where he had left her, still bleeding from the wounds he had inflicted.

"That was your rescue right there." He said with a smile, punching her in the gut angrily. "I wouldn't expect your future husband to be here anytime soon either. We can detect him a mile away even with the Kas-Mah's cloaking fields. Very impressive for a bunch of savages." He said, punctuating the last word by slicing into Shaza's arm next. "You know, I hear that you consider poor little Pikna your daughter." He said quietly, a grin on his face. "If it comes down to it our command has ordered us to kill her instead of letting the enemy have her. If that happens I'll make you watch as the poor little thing bleeds out on the ground." He stabbed Shaza's tail this time and made the gash longer by drawing the blade out sideways. "Put her in a cell." He said, cleaning his blade on Shaza's uninjured arm. "Make sure she doesn't die and don't give her any pain suppressants. She took a bite out of me, I'll make sure she hurts worse then I do."

Dalnr and his unit waited for almost an hour before he came to a conclusion. If he were to move now, the Krahn would move to intercept him and his people. They were amateurs with no real tactical knowledge, so at most a handful would remain at the camp. Dalnr could slaughter the defending force, and even if they tried to blackmail him with Shaza, the Shatong could move freely with no opposition.

'Stalk formation. He whistled before heading into the brush. They moved about half a mile closer then took up a formation that suggested an attack and moved slowly, careful to listen for the buzzing of wings or running of feet that would herald a Krahn counter.

Shaza cried out with each stab. With the guards still holding her still there was nothing she could do. If she went into slime form the damaged area's may not reform correctly again which could prove fatal. She slumped to the floor when placed in a cell the injury's caused by the blade rendering her unable to support her own weight.

Mean while the Shatong infaltrators where busy using the Krahn's own devices against them. One had taken over the sensor station and thanks to the Krahn providing so much tech to them had an idea how to work it. They covered the Kas-Mah's advance. Others where placing explosives in the power area with a few in the main equipment area as well.

After a bit when the Kas-Mah got closer they set the stuff off. a few sets of explosions and fire balls bursted through the top of the facility while the Shatong team now in the forms of the rebel guards, killed off a number of them right away. One killed a guard out side before waving over to Dalnr to follow.

The Kas-Mah soldiers were predictably quick and brutal as they easily killed every Krahn they could see. The defenders fired wildly into the woods, unable to see their targets, all while the Kas-Mah continued to fire.

Soon enough the ground was littered with dead Krahn, and Dalnr whistled again, ordering the Striders to clear the camp and take up watch for any enemy reinforcments that might be coming.

When he saw the Shatog gesturing to him he ran over and went inside to find Shaza. He dropped his rifle which was quickly followed by his helmet and dropped to his knees even as he pulled Shaza up against his chest to cradle her.

"Shaza." He whispered, touching her face lightly. "Shaza, I'm here." He looked at the Shatong behind him and ordered a medic be brought in immediately before turning back to Shaza. "Don't worry, it's just a couple of scratches, nothing to worry about." He said with a small smile through his clear breathing mask. He knew that the wounds weren't necassarily lethal, but bleeding out was a possibility, as was serious maiming if the wounds weren't treated properly and soon. "You know, Pikna's with her friend." He said, trying to keep Shaza's focus on something to avoid her going into shock. "She's spending the night there while I went on a 'hunting trip'. She was upset, but seemed to like the thought of staying with her friend." He looked back to see if a medic was there yet, then went back to talking. "I don't think we've talked about the marriage very much." He said quietly. "I mean, I hardly know what your culture does. Mine is simple, bring things to impress the female, show that you can feed her and that you are the best choice, but yours, I don't know hardly anything." He smiled a little and gently pulled Shaza up further into his arms. "You know, this war and your capture, and everything else, maybe the universe just doesn't want us to get married. I mean you've only cleansed once and you have to do it 20 times? It just doesn't seem like a good start. Course, I've always liked stories of hardship. I think they show what a person is really made of. I say damn the universe and keep going, what do you think?"

shaza lay on the floor slowly bleeding from the many cut along her legs tail and almost everywhere else besides her neck and head. When she felt Dalnr show up when he touched her face she slowly opened up her eye's a little. As he moved her to cradle her she remained limp in his arms her blood getting on him. She opened her mouth a little to respond when he said he was here. But no sound came out of her throat. She forced a slight smile as he told her Pikna was with her friend and slightly nodded when he explained his story he told Pikna to come for her. By now one of the teams medics came over and started to tend to her legs and tail though it was slow going. Word was sent out to send for another restore pod asap.

She opened her eye's a little more when Dalnr started to speak about them being married. She slowly reached up to his shoulder with her least harmed arm before closing her eye's gently pressing her head into his chest. The Shatong team medic doing what he can but was getting distressed seeing his medical supply's running low. Each cut needed so much of this and that, and there was many on her.

((Btw, here's a pic of Shaza http://mengastic.deviantart.com/art/Shaton...gital-412416819 though thighs are longer and tails thicker and stuff (artists seem to have a hard time with SHatong proportions.) but yeah.))

Dalnr knew the signs that Shaza was exhibiting all to well, and he yelled at the Shatong to move faster to repair the pod. One he ordered to look for a transportation platform in the meantime and another to look for any medical supplies that could be used.

As gently as he could he pulled Shaza's head away from his chest and kept in the crook of his arm, then gently shook Shaza so her eyes would open.

"Shaza, keep your eyes open, you have to stay awake. I'm not even a smart geneticist and I know that. Come on, look at me, we can't have you succumb to shock." He said, his voice betraying panic as he looked up and roared for the Shatong to finish the repairs to the pod. "Shaza don't give in ok? Pikna needs you, and she'd never forgive me if you died, especially if you died in my arms. She would be devastated. I mean, what would your people do without you? What would Pikna? What would I?" He was crying now, rocking back and forth with Shaza in his arms, trying to keep her awake. "Do you remember that night when you convinced me to dance? I was so drunk that I could barely walk, and then I kissed you?" He laughed a little and sniffed, wiping his nose even as a tear fell onto her cheek. "You stopped me, and I left. We need to have more moments like that, but in order for that to happen you have to stay awake. Come on Shaza." He said, his voice wavering as his emotions got to him.

"Where's that pod!?" He yelled, his anger coming forward again.

Shaza at first was not responding but slowly opened her eye's again a little. Her reptilian pupil's at first searching but once found focused onto Dalnr's eye's. Barely open but she was still awake. Her mouth opened a little again but again, nothing would come out.

the medic looked at Dalnr "We can't fix the restore pod not the one here, they tore the dang thing up beyond repair. Another one is on its way though just keep her awake till it arrives!" he ordered "I've done what I can my supply's are dry now. I got most of the worst of this though." he explained.

Shaza continued to hold on to Dalnr's shoulder as he rocked her back and forth. In her current state, the rocking was soothing yet painful. But the pain was numbing leaving only the soothing part which made it harder to stay awake.

Her mouth open again "Dal........." was all that came out before a medical Shatong team could be heard ordering others out of there way as they carried a restore pod among them.

"It's ok Shaza, I'm here." Dalnr whispered, touching her cheek again. He didn't even bother yelling at the medic who had given him bad news so worried was he over Shaza. "Shaza, come on, stay with me." He said urgently, watching as a new pod was brought in. "Shaza, be strong alright? Be strong and be better alright? Pikna and I need you, just as much as your people need you." He explained as he lifted her limp form up and placed it into the pod. Dalnr quickly pulled off his breathing mask and kissed Shaza on the forehead, then pulled back, replacing the mask.

"What are you waiting for?" He snarled at the Shatong medics. "Turn it on, save her."

For the second time Dalnr watched Shaza disappear into one of the pods, but this time he knew the risks and wouldn't be leaving its side until Shaza emerged or they found a 100% safe place to put her.

"Where do you need to take her to make her better?" He asked, emotion ringing his voice.

Shaza blinked slowly even though her eye's where hardly open. She felt her self be lifted off the floor as Dalnr brought her to the new pod. She looked at him her eye's opening a little more as he said he and Pikna needed her like her people do. Then he kissed her forhead. she wanted to return the favor but lacked the strength to do so. She slowly closed her eye's as Dalnr practicly ordered the pod to be closed to save her.

The medic Shatong looked at Dalnr "There's not much more we can do beyond placing her pod in a safe location. The tank is on rough and where going to transport her in that so ensure her safety this time. Since she seems to be a high priority target right now." he said before looking around "Beyond the cuts. She's going to need to recover her blood as well, seeing it on you and that much on the floor a day later she would have died." he explained "Since you won't listen if I told you to go back to care for Pikna, you'll be the look out on the tank on its way back to the colony, there we'll have the pod in our medical facility, if anything goes wrong where better equipped there." he said.

(I don't think I ever showed this, but this is a set of Kas-Mah armor. Obviously it's altered for how they are shaped, but that's the general gist of it.)

"Pikna will be fine for a day." Dalnr said, standing and going to his helmet which he picked up and put on. The seal hissed as the suit pressurized and the helmet lit to show a completed circuit. "I will escort Shaza back to your village. Five of the striders will be stationed there until she wakes up. In the meantime, the other five will go look after Pikna, keep her safe." He paused as he said these orders over the comm then continued. "For the moment, make sure Shaza is ready for transport. My troops have set up charges around the base to be detonated on my command. This place will be a crater the moment we leave." Without a further word he left, picking up his rifle on he way out and barking orders to anyone within distance the moment his feet touched the ground outside.

It didn't take long for the base to be stripped of anything that might be valuable in one way or another, all of which was piled into a few boxes that the Kas-Mah had found laying around. The Krahn that were left were all considered prisoners and were treated as such, all hobbled and cuffed. Dalnr couldn't tell the difference after such a quick look so he figured the Krahn government could sort it out later. Everything else, gear, food, weapons, and Krahn bodies anything that didn't look important or have an immediate use was placed into a pile at the center of a complex where a fire was started. Extra explosives were placed around, then the whole thing wired up as the invading force vacated.

"You five." Dalnr said, gesturing to two of his striders and three of the Shatong. "It's only an hour or so to the Krahn camp beneath their city. Take the prisoners there so they can deal with them. If any prisoner refuses to cooperate, shoot them, no questions, just drop his corpse along the way." He turned and continued walking after that, only raising his hand once. In it was a remote that he clicked. Instantly an explosion, more of a wall of sound really, hit the group as the ground shook beneath them. Debris could be heard falling, but most of what had exploded was small fragments, nothing substantial.

"Lets go." Dalnr said to the Shatong, ignoring their shocked faces.

((No you haven't but looks pretty cool, I'm at a bit of a loss for now of what to post, mind if we do a time skip? I'll edit into this post

edit: Tis bored let me know if you want anything changed ect ))

The trip back to the Shatong colony was more or less uneventful. They had placed Shaza pod in a storage like compartment in the beetle like tank before they set on there way, the Medical Shatong keeping an eye or..... something on her vitals. Though he informed Dalnr the blade that was used to inflict her wounds was going to leave scarring for a bit even after she emerges from the pod. But everything else was healing at a acceptable rate.

When they reached the colony Shaza's pod was removed and carried to the medical facility that looked like it was made of tendrils. Once inside a few dozen of the tendrils came down from the ceiling seemingly on there own command till one looked to see one of the Medical workers with her tail plugged into the wall of the tendrils. the male one looked at Dalnr after the pod seemed to be taken elsewhere "She's safe now, they'd have to burn the whole place down to get at her now. Even your blade will have trouble cutting through these." he explained.

(Yeah we can time skip if you want. And I'm not bored, I've just been busy lately, and today I'm out of it, so... Yeah.)

(No I was not bored here, I was bored in RL so had time to put a post together with a dead brain lol)