little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

"And your my future mate." Dalnr whispered back, holding Shaza in a hug as the woman relaxed.

'If only I shared your optimism.' he thought to himself, thinking back on Defas again. Since his son had died Dalnr had managed to hide his grief from himself. He had convinced himself that it was just an accident, that he had been a good father, that Defas had died for a good reason. Now that he had seen Defas's lost soul, still searching for approval, he knew the truth. He was not a good father. He had failed in his task of raising a child and instead raised a damaged individual who died angry and alone because Dalnr had wanted to prove a point.

No matter what Shaza said, Dalnr knew the truth, that the last thing Defas had heard was a threat from his father. He couldn't let himself ruin another life, he couldn't. Not after losing his sons, his wife, his everything. He was alone and now that he had Shaza, he didn't want to lose that either.

"Promise me you'll keep me in check." Dalnr whispered finally. "If it comes to it, make me leave the family. I won't have anymore young lives on my hands."

Shaza nodded though wondered why he was staying so tense. He was not relaxing and felt highly strung under his skin and fur. Though his next words made her eye's open and after a few moments she nodded "In Shatong culture, the females are the head of the home. It will be my duty to the family to prevent such things. I'll keep you in check, help guide you as things go, and if things get too bad....... I will remove you from the family..... but I doubt such a day will ever come." she said before sighing "Would you like to rest with me? I feel the need to sleep, would you like to rest by my side?" she invited

Dalnr swallowed again and closed his eyes before nodding his understanding.

"Good." He whispered, carefully moving around so that he was in a comfortable position. "And yes, I'll rest with you." He said, laying beside her, an arm over her protectively.

(Time skip I assume? I can do it if you don't have a specific plan.)

Pikna meanwhile stood at the edge of the village facing Myx who was looking the little girl over appraisingly.

"Well then, you want to do the trial of Kayi do you?" Myx asked, circling Pikna and playing up the part of priestess. "Well little one?"

Pikna nodded, nervousness coming off of her as she twisted her hands together. "Um, yes I do." She said.

"Well, I suppose that's good enough then. But first you'll need the proper appearance."

Myx took a knee and pulled out a few different jars from her belt which she opened and dipped her fingers into.

Carefully she began to draw on Pikna's carapace, making up different symbols as she went until it looked like Kas-Mah sigils to the untrained eye.

"Now you need the talismans." Myx explained, wishing off her fingers and putting the paints away before opening a different pouch on her belt. "First you need a feather of the Huilo bird, far seeing and swift." She said, pulling out a necklace and putting it on Pikna. "Next is a tooth from the Corneen, fierce and strong. Last is the scale from a Seetka serpent, sly and stealthy." She said, showing Pikna two small bottles with one of the items in each. These Myx hung from the necklace before nodding. "Now you are ready for the trial."

((Sure, tis has done them the last few times lol))

Shaza let go of the hug and laid back down on the soft fleshy like floor feeling Dalnr lay down as well his arm over her protectively. Soon she was asleep though she hoped this time there would be no nightmares. But only time will tell on that.

The sun was heading towards the horizon when Dalnr woke up and looked around. He was still lying with Shaza, his arm still over her as he kept her close. A yawn escaped him as he sat up and glanced around, then looked down at Shaza. He already knew that he wouldn't wake her, she needed the rest after all, but he did want to stay close just in case, which meant sitting nearby and thinking while he waited for Shaza to wake.

Truth be told he didn't think much while he waited. Instead he just stared into space, avoiding anything that might make him remember what he had done to Defas.

When Shaza woke, Dalnr smiled a little and helped her sit up so that she wouldn't hurt herself.

"How did you sleep?" Dalnr asked, settling in beside her after he made sure that she was situated safely. "Are you in any pain? I can go get the healers if you need."

For once Shaza's rest was not interrupted by nightmares. for the most part it was darkness the nothingness dream. She continued to sleep though movement was felt. Like something across her chest. In the waking world Dalnr had gotten up but in her sleep she did not know this. Nothing else happened and then she woke to see Dalnr there already helping her to sit up against the chambers soft fleshy like wall. The blanket wet from the homes slime and her slight layer of it as well. But she was glad to see Dalnr hardly fazed about it. She remember him and his son how they first acted to this, now Dalnr seemed to not notice. She shook her head "No I'm quite alright.... best rest I've had since arriving to this place." she admitted before stretching her legs extending far past the bent range Dalnr's seen before before they went back "How well did you rest?" she asked.

Mean while in the Kas-Mah village a small group sat around a small fire pit in one of the many homes "I don't like it, being some kind of..... tech almost to our 'allies' more of us fell on the attack with the Krahn, Heck how do we know the Shatong won't put there own.... stuff into us? They spot something they dislike what then? We've lived all our lives and always gotten through. Why change it now?" one asked while another sighed "Its because the Shatong's leader is seducing our's. She's got him hooked and almost doing her bidding. Look how fast he was getting her back at the risk of more of our lives? He's even spending more and more time over there. Notice he hasn't returned at all since that rescue." he pointed out.

"Fine considering." Dalnr admitted. "Like you, the best I've had in awhile." He smiled and stretched as well, although not as far as Shaza could, his legs being shorter then hers overall. "It's past miday though, so perhaps we should go outside for a bit, let your body heal under the sun instead of inside." He suggested, already helping her up and outside. He found a nice spot where they could both sit after a few seconds and helped Shaza over to it before sitting next to her and looking around. "It's a nice day." He said, closing his eyes and sighing. "I just wish it pups last. There's a storm coming." He murmured, nodding to the west where dark clouds covered the horizon. "Big one too." He shook his head and looked at his claws for a moment, then back at Shaza. "Wish that was the only storm we had to worry about. The war, those ghosts... I'm glad I met you of course, but I do wish we were back home. Things were so much simpler, so much easier to deal with." He said with a shrug. "But that's just wishing. What about your village, does it need to have anything done before the storm hits? Mine will be ready within an hour of it being spotted, but what about yours?"

"You're accusing Dalnr of betraying us?! He and his forefathers and their forefathers have led our tribe for hundreds of years! You owe them your allegiance!" One of the older Kas-Mah said.

"Calm yourself Ruk. I am not saying Dalnr is betraying us, at least not purposefully. Think about it though. Defas, most likely to take the seat after his father, finds these Shatong. Less then three days later he's dead under that Shaza's watch. The siren then starts whispering in Dalnr's ear and look what happens next, he falls for her and adopts some Krahn child. Now she controls her people and ours, and she's working on the Krahn! She might even create a cub with Dalnr and have it take the seat next. Then she truly controls both of the tribes, all without having to lift a finger. She could do it too, make a cub that is. I've seen those Shatong make themselves look like anything. Prey, tools, even the Krahn! She could make herself into a Kas-Mah and create a child to rule us! Even if she couldn't they have all that biological stuff. They can make prey from nothing, they live inside of these flesh homes. They wield the power of the gods and don't seem to think anything of it. What else could they do to us if they put their mind to it?"

Ruk, the older Kas-Mah, considered this for a moment as he idly played with a long knife in one paw.

"Say you are right Jruni, what then? Would you commit treason? Go against every oath you made to the tribe as a hunter and warrior? Betray your chief, who has done nothing to harm his tribe or himself?"

Shaza nodded and got up with him with his help before going through the entrance with him and taking somewhat shaky steps till they found a nice spot where she sat back down again. She looked at him nodding as he spoke her eye's only half open at max still. "Agreed and I understand.... I wish I could still back where I came from as well. My people while we know how to deal with it we dislike conflict. However, I am glad to have met you and your people, nothing will change that." she said with a soft smile "As for the storm things should be fine, a few commands from the inside and the homes won't be affected much even if struck." she admitted before a sigh escaped her "I hope Pikna returns before it though. She so skittish at times a storm might throw her into a panic." she admitted.

The one that had spoken first looked up who was named Ghon "So far the Shatong haven't...... they haven't been seen by anyone persay doing anything with us. But as Fonrok said the siren whispers into his ear, if you notice when she needed a blood sample she did not touch our kind at all, Dalnr got it for her almost with out a second thought, after a Kas-Mah warrior perished she requests the warriors blood desecrating his body and he obeyed with out hesitation. Now I know we can't just remove him and Ruk you are correct his family has done well up to now. So first I think we should see how others feel about this, then with our supporters, confront Dalnr about this, show him whats happening. Try to get him to see he's made him self plyable in the Shatong's hands." he explained "If he refuses to see the truth, we will have to remove him for our peoples well being. Being a test was already bad enough, being anothers slaves with out a fight is worse."

"I'm sure Pikna will be fine." Dalnr said, trying to reassure Shaza. "Myx is one of the best Stalkers we have, she'll bring Pikna home before the storm hits." He sighed and watched the clouds in the distance again. A flash of light came a second later followed by a crack of thunder loud enough to cause Dalnr to cover his ears.

"That's not like any lighting I've ever heard." He said after the wave of sound had passed. "Tonight could be a rough night."

Ruk considered this for a few seconds, still playing with his knife before he finally stuck it into the table he sat at. "Alright. We will confront him first, bring the concerns of the village to him, see how he responds. If he refuses to look at this impartially, then we look at our next move. If that means making the challenge then so be it, but I will not commit treason, nor will I let any of you. We follow the laws and traditions of our people as we have been taught. We do this right."

Shaza sighed and nodded before cringing a little at the thunder "Agreed...... what ever that one Krahn rebel was using..... my hearing is still healing." she admitted "We don't..... have ears are you know them. We listen through vibrations. The wind your voice your steps, I can hear you just as well if you spoke with only my leg in sight and or all of me." she explained watching the clouds getting more active "And that storm is lighting up quickly." she commented "Wonder what the..... owners of this.....dome have in mind for this storm." she mused before more thunder hit and she cringed again starting to stand up shakily "I'm sorry..... I must need to get this investigated..... that sonic device might of.... done something.... I don't know we've never had sonic things used like that on my people."

Ghon nodded "Of course. And that is another as well Dalnr is speaking of altering our traditions. A few cubs are ready for the rites however there has been nothing put into place them to begin." he said before staring into the flames "The Krahn proved to be more of a threat then we where told. The Shatong posses too much power over our kind and our ways with our leader in there hands. If he can't see where he is going.... then he will be too far gone. And must and will be replaced." he said.

Dalnr frowned when Shaza started to stand again, but stood with her and helped to support her as they walked to the science lab. "Shaza, you need to take it easy." He reminded her as they walked. "It won't do any good for you to hurt yourself. I'm sure this is a natural weather pattern in this place. I mean, we haven't seen much in the way of weather, so storms must happen at some point."

Ruk stood at this and shook his head angrily, looking at those gathered. "As I said, we will do this right. That means that a challenge will me made in the correct way. If the challenger is defeated, then the next comes forward and so on. We will not throw Dalnr off the seat without following our customs. If he beats the challengers, then we will follow his orders as we swore to do, whether we like it or not!" Ruk said punctuated his sentence with an angry fist against the table. "This is how it shall be, and I will not listen to anything beyond it. We will follow our laws and traditions as we have always done, is that clear?" He asked, his fangs bared at the younger Kas-Mah present.

Shaza nodded though did not know what to say. The thunder was make her hearing receptors ache in pain. Once they made it back a quick scan with a new caterpillar like device was used but she was sent back after being told that was just one of the things she needed to wait for to heal. Once out side again she looked at the sky "How often did your planet have storms?" she asked "Mine we had hardly any. I can only recal 3 over all." she admitted "High winds, thunder, lots of falling water. And fear educing to many young I find." she said

Ghon look at Ruk and nodded "Ruk your getting carried away again. We've already agreed to confront him, and if he fails to see the truth we'll fight him. Like we always have in traditions." he said before looking at the rest "And who ever does take his place, will have to be careful of the sirens song and looks."

"Quite a few." Dalnr admitted, watching as the clouds grew larger and closer to their location. "Usually only last a few hours and then clear, but once a year, never on the same day or the same place, we have a large storm, the Vuilna. It's a great swirling storm that can uproot trees, destroy houses, and lift animals off their feet. They last for days, with rain and thunder all around, lightning constantly hitting trees and the swamp. Entire tribes have been killed by them if they aren't careful. The only way to survive is to fortify the village as close to the swamp as possible without touching it and wait it out. To far from the swamp and the village can be lifted by the wind and destroyed. To close and the water could touch us, letting the lightning hit the water and kill us. They always pass though, and we survive another year." He shrugged and glanced around at the Shatong village again. "If your houses can withstand lightning like you say, then we should be fine. We are on a high ground that will keep flooding away."

Ruk laughed at this and shook his head at Ghon's words.

"I'm getting carried away? Then tell me, who will you have challenge Dalnr? Hmm? I have seen him take down six challengers since assuming the chair, and each time he is in far better shape then the challenger. He doesn't kill them, but he makes sure they remember their loss. So who's going to face him? He may not be making good decisions but he is still in his prime. Some of you have seen him fight the Krahn, you can all attest to his prowess. Once he has started, he is the most dangerous thing I have ever seen, Kas-Mah or beast. Remember that before you assume that removing him from his seat will be easy."

Shaza nodded "They've taken hits from lightning before, the home will go tense for a moment but its just using up the new energy, though its recommended to not be in the entrance tunnel when a storm is happening, its proven to be painful if your caught in there when it tenses." she explained before pausing with her eye's closed as a thought popped into her head "Dalnr.... we don't know how bad that storm may get, are you going to stay the night?" she asked feeling the wind starting to pick up and the colony start to filter into there homes to wait out the coming storm. "If you are..... we should get inside. I know Pikna is still out there, but as you say..... she is with one of your best." she said though looked a little worried as she mentioned Pikna.

Ghon looked at Ruk "I never said it would be easy Ruk and I'm well aware of what Dalnr could do. You need to relax and settle down or we'll have to remove you from this meeting like last time. We understand how strongly you feel that this should and will be done the correct away and we will follow that. Dalnr is not back yet nor will he with how the weather sounds out side as crossing the swamp will be disturbing the creatures normally at sleep for a bit longer." he explained calmly "Now, while we are on the topic of possibly being unable to bring him down our selfs, I would rather die personally then watch the village become slaves to another race. As you would rather die I suspect as well." he said eye's firm "Which is where the support from other supporters will be needed."

Dalnr glanced around at the homes, then up as the first drop of rain hit his shoulder. "Going back to my village would be to dangerous right now for a multitude of reasons. Just the fact that it's getting towards night is reason enough, but the storm makes it even worse. I guess that means I'm staying here." He said with a small smile.

"Shaza!" A small voice shouted over the crack of thunder. A moment later and Pikna had run up to Shaza and given her a hug. Instead of her usual dive into Shaza's stomach though, Pikna had instead carefully given Shaza a hug, obviously remembering the Shatong's injuries.

Pikna for her part was in one piece, except for some chips in her carapace. She was covered in painted sigils and lines however, and had feathers and other odds and ends hung from her wrists and neck.

"Shaza I did it!" She said, happily holding up the objects that were on her wrists. On a leather cord on each wrist was a small stone inscribed with a sigil followed by spirit lines like the ones drawn on Pikna. One of the stones appeared to be obsidian, while the other was a polished stone with purple lines flowing through it. Beads and other odds and ends helped create each bracelet. On her neck hung the necklace that had been given to her by Myx early on.

Pikna began to speak again, then stopped and turned to bow to Myx. The Kas-Mah bowed back with a smile and gave Dalnr a wink before turning and heading off. "I did everything she said, and it was hard, but I still did it." Pikna chattered. "See? I got this because I climbed this cliff really high and pushed this big piece of obsidian off the cliff by myself. I wanted to just fly up, but Myx said I couldn't because I was 'communing with the earth' so my feet had to stay on the ground. Then I had to carve the sigils and spirit lines in it. Myx did the hole for the bracelet though. This one I had to go into a cave by myself for. Myx says it was to show my bravery. I had to make a torch to see with and then I had to go way down inside of it. She said to look for something that spoke to me. I found this big pool of water way in the back, and I saw this at the bottom of it, and it seemed like the right thing to take, so I did. The water wasn't super deep but it was really cold and Myx had to make me a big fire when I got back. Then I had to carve the sigils and things again. Now I'm back, and Myx says I can officially join the family and be part of the tribe!"

Dalnr smiled and hugged Pikna tight at this. "Well, welcome to the tribe then. But you were always part of this family."

Ruk stood at this and bared his teeth at Ghon, showing his willingness to fight the younger Kas-Mah.

"I've been hunting since before your father passed his trials cub, and I can still beat you in any fight. You would do well to remember it!" He snarled, letting the words sink in before continuing. "As to your support, that is what I am talking about. If you can't beat Dalnr, if no one can, then we follow him. You are right, I would rather die then see this tribe enslaved, but we won't lose ourselves either. If nothing else, we bring this before the council. And try to get them to her him to step down, but rebellion is not going to happen."

Shaza nodded was just about to start heading for her home when a familer sound was heard. She looked to see her adopted daughter racing over before slowing down before hugging her. Shaza hugged Pikna back visibly glad to see the young Krahn back. Her tail was up again though weakly but it was lifted. She smiled as Pikna showed the paint and the things she got for this and that challenge. Though it sounded like a bolder had been pushed. If Pikna really did that then her adopted daughter had some hidden strength in that small body of hers.

She smiled back brightly "Well done Pikna, I'm proud of you." she said hugging Pikna again giving a gentle squeeze "And yes like Dalnr said, you where always part of the family." she said before kissing her cheek or the equivalent on a Krahn. "Come, we must get home now before the storm reaches us." she said starting to head for her home "Tonight, we stay together as the family we are." she said smiling

Ghon hardly moved a mucle in responce to Ruk's aggression "You might beat me Ruk, but you have been removed before and it can happen again. As for losing ourselves, the tribe of Halquen, back on our world once had to openly oppose its leader who was leading them to destruction. There leader was causing to many rifts between his clan and the others, at first no one could remove him 1x1 however a rebellion happened and they over threw him and beheaded him. Now last we where there they where one of the few clans to achieve such a high place in the counsils and one of the most respected tribes in the area." he said "A rebellion if done correctly will not result in us losing our selfs Ruk, Its not traditional by any means, nor is it our first step in anything here. But that does not mean it can't be an option for use if things go wrong."

(Sorry about the delays, I've been distracted lately and it was thanksgiving today so I spent a bunch of time with the family.)

Pikna smiled and followed Shaza happily, chattering about the trials as they walked. Dalnr was impressed with Myx's ingenuity when it came to the trials, and made a mental note to tell her that he owed a big favor.

"...Myx said that the spirits had to accept me and that's what the bracelets were for. They gave the spirits a way to commune with me during the trial. It's wierd but I did feel stronger during the whole thing, which shouldn't be possible unless she made my adrenal glands activate."

Dalnr smiled and shook his head as they entered the house. He sat down and gestured for Pikna to come over to him. "No, she didn't activate the glands you mentioned. She just..." He paused, thinking for a way to explain it, then pointed to the paint on Pikna's body. "You've heard me speak about these lines before." He began, tracing one along Pikna's carapace. "We call them spirit lines, and they've been with my people for as long as we have recorded such things. They are each designed to follow lines of energy through the body and enhance them. It's like walking through the forest. Without the lines, the path is curving and indirect, easily lost in the underbrush, which in this case would be stress, bad emotions, that sort of thing. The spirit line acts like a path through the forest. The underbrush is gone and instead you have a straight, unhindered path, which can do anything from free up your thoughts, to make your body work better. It also allows energy from the earth to flow in as well, so Myx was right about that part. They only work for a short time though, and having them on to often can be dangerous, but for cases such as this, it's good to have them." He explained, showing her where the different lines went.

Ruk looked down at the table angrily and pulled his knife from where he had stuck it. For a long while he was silent before he finally sliced his own palm and showed it to Ghon. "I will follow your lead, but if I see that your actions are endangering this tribe, the next blood my knife will taste will be yours." He snarled, slapping his hand against the table where it left a bloody palm print on the wood. Without missing a beat Ruk turned and left the building into the wind and rain that had already reached them.

((Np I figured it was that. How'd it go? Oh and happy thanks giving buddy smile.gif ))

Shaza smiled listening as Pikna talked as they got into her home. Inside now she settled down the sound of thunder no longer making her hearing receptors hurt. She laid down watching as Dalnr explained the lines which made her wonder how those would work exactly and if they where true. However she was not going to question it as she also knew next to nothing about it. As Dalnr continued to explain the lines showing her which ones mean what Shaza had her tail gently cup Pikna before she purled it up under her own feet in a loose coil like manner, large enough for Pikna to snuggle in if she wanted. As soon as Shaza blinked though she seemed to just fall asleep just like that, her breathing a soft rythim as her body relaxed.

Ghon looked at Ruk and waited him to leave before looking at the others at the table around the fire "I fear he might impede us. However he still might be an asset and not inhibit us. But we all agree that Dalnr needs to be removed, even he knows that. Now, we must decide who will lead us, however we can not decide through fighting the guards and then Dalnr will be alerted and he will know something is up then." he explained

(It went ok, my sister came back from college but she and my dad aren't getting along great from what she says. My sister has a hour friend and my dad doesn't like him which I mostly attribute to dads just inherently not liking their daughters boyfriends, but my sister says he's also upset because shes doing other things like hanging out with friends and her boyfriend. So my dads upse because it isn't like it was and he doesn't have his best friend. But as to thanksgiving it was fine, I stayed out of the way mostly and ate then went home, not much to report.)

Dalnr knew almost immediately when Shaza went to sleep, and he was careful to keep his voice down as he and Pikna talked. He made sure the little girl was also aware that Shaza was asleep, but they both stayed where they were as they talked more and more about the Kas-Mah beliefs. Pikna seemed particuraly fascinated by the different uses for spirit lines and sigils. She knew that such things couldn't scientifically be real, after all, what Dalnr was saying was basically magic, but the topic was still fascinating.

They both talked for another hour or so before Pikna finally curled up in Shaza's tail and went to sleep. Dalnr smiled and gently placed the blanket over them both before moving to the side and falling asleep himself, listening to the rumble of thunder and the constant drum of rain.

The others around the table nodded quietly and looked around as they considered who should lead them. Finally a younger Kas-Mah who had been quiet up until then, stood to speak. "We all know who should do it, and there's no reason to pretend otherwise. Jorlana is the strongest, fastest and best hunter in the village behind Dalnr. If anyone can take him, she can. What's more she's never liked a lot of his decisions. She'll support us on this and will probably listen to our suggestions. She's a good leader too, which means she has everything we're looking for. If this is the course of action we wish to take, then we must place our faith in her." He said before sitting.

Another hunter looked up at this and bared his teeth in a threatening smile.

"And this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that she is your mate to be Senvl? Seems convenient that you would volunteer her and be in a position of power when she comes out on top."

Senvl snarled and stood, his fur bristling in anger as his claws appeared. "I would never put her in harms way for my own gain. You asked for a suggestion, I gave one. You don't like it, pick someone else, I don't care."

((With how many guys are now a day I can see why your dad would be reluctant. As for the eating and eating and going home, I know how that feels.

Glad it did not go bad though))

As the storm raged and the family slept in the home it would stiffen up at times but little about that was felt inside it. However out side the colony the river bed was starting to flood the water traveling towards the Shatong homes.

For the most part Shaza slept peacefully undisturbed under the blanket Pikna in her tails coils.

Ghon seemed to be deep in thought "Jorlana I agree is a good hunter and the best fighter I've seen in a while, however so is Dalnr and have an opinion that opposes him is great and all, but we need to know how she thinks what kinds things she wants to do what her goals are." he explained. "Senvl, you know her, could you give us an idea of her leading style, her ideals?"

(Your turn for time skip.)

Senvl shrugged a little as he pushed his chair back on two legs. "Jorlana doesn't like Dalnr's decisions. She doesn't think we need the Shatong or this war with the Krahn. She would rather close our borders and live as we always have, focusing on what few people Dalnr hasn't sacrificed. In short, we close our borders and go back to the way things were on the home world. She would pull all our forces and traders back to our borders and set patrols. Nobody enters or leaves. Them we focus on renewing our people, going back to the way things were. We tell the Shatong that the alliance is done, that they can deal with the Krahn themselves if they want. No more genetic experiments, no more being others slaves, we just go back to our traditions."

((Alrighty))

Ghon nodded a thoughtful look on his face "She sounds.... alright. However, how does she deal with things? Such as other races? I ask as its is going to be a factor we will have to consider closed boarders or not. We can't isolate our selfs too much, however Dalnr has gone too far on the accepting end of the scale. We also know how she thinks we will rebuild our tribe, Dalnr has made our numbers lower since the war with the Krahn started. The Shatong have not been too much help either in that re-guard. Unlike back on our world, none of this would need any thought placed in it." he admitted

As the storm raged the water level rose reaching the Shatong colony though with the homes openings closed none leaked in to them. It was a dreamless slumber for Shaza and this time due to sleeping most of the other day away, woke up first. She slowly opened her eye's and looked around the chamber, smiling seeing Pikna with her and Dalnr near by as well. She stretched her limbs exept her tail to avoid waking Pikna before she went back to normal and thought on things. With Dalnr spending so much time with her in her colony, what where his people thinking of him? With what he's said of his people, she worried it was the best thoughts going through there heads.

She looked at the peacefully sleeping Krahn girl and smiled, glad Pikna trusted Dalnr, and that the young one had come so far since the day they first met. Skittish at times and over thinking till she got things wrong at times but making progress on how to just be her and not some brain device.

Senvl sat back and thought, trying to gauge how his future mate would deal with things without putting words in her mouth.

"Well, she would probably-"

"She would probably beat you bloody if she knew that you were volunteering her for this Senvl." A voice said as a female Kas-Mah came in from the rain and shook herself, spattering water near the entrance to the hut.

"I-I was just giving a suggestion, not volunteering." Senvl said, holding his hands up.

Jorlana, a medium female with a black coat and gray muzzle as well as a very well endowed body, smiled a little at Senvl's discomfort and walked in, her movements graceful and causing every male present tossing she was on their arm. She moved to Senvl's chair and leaned down to give him a long kiss before straightening and looking around.

"Senvl is right. I will stand against Dalnr. He is not what is best for this clan any more and needs to be replaced. The solution to our problems are simple. We number less then 150 and giving lives up for a pointless war over a child, and giving lives up for experimentation is moronic. We might as well feed ourselves to the swamp at that point because at least then something good will come of it. As you said, simply closing our borders forever will not work. We cannot ignore what lies out there, but we also cannot focus on it as our leader Dalnr so dearly wishes to do. Tha being said, we do as my love says. We seal our borders, no outsiders will be allowed in on pain of death. Only those with written seals will be allowed out, on pain of death. We focus on our population and growth of the clan first and foremost. We need what we had on the home world. We were strong, numbering in the thousands. Here we are barely a fraction of that. We get what we had and then we can discuss turning our gaze outwards. Any who have a problem are free to leave, but they will not be allowed back. Perhaps their children, but not them. They chose to turn their backs on us just like Dalnr has. That is my plan, and I don't see how any of you can disagree with it."

Dalnr woke a little after Shaza and looked around at her with a smile as he sat up and stretched. "Good morning." He said quietly, trying to avoid waking up Pikna. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything?"

Ghon looked at the entrance way as Jorlana shook the rain off her fur and went over to Senvl. He had a look of deep thought as she spoke of her ideals and plans and did not speak for a few moments after she had finished, the look of deep thought never leaving his face. After a bit he looked up at her and nodded "Very well. In 2 days we confront Dalnr. If you agree to the position, you will fight Dalnr 1x1. Should you fail, we will have a back up plan. I'm sure Ruk might of told you of his thoughts on this meeting as I was not aware you planned to show for this meeting. Now in the 2 days we need to gather our supporters, convince and win them back to the Kas-Mah way of life. Those that do not return when you take Dalnr's seat, must leave." he explained

Shaza smiled and shook her head "Good morning, and alright, there's a tingle through most of my scales but could be just me healing." she said quietly "Though..... by any chance, do you have more of that stew? I find my self wanting to have it." she admitted smiling. Maybe even her cheeks going slight darker hue of there blue color.

Jorlana smiled and shrugged, sitting fluidly on a chair as she looked around the room. "I hadn't planned on being here myself, but I hear about a meeting that my future mate is invited to and I get curious. Ruk doesn't have to tell me his opinions though, I'm sure I know them. He's an old fool who would follow protocol to the death of us all. He wants to follow the laws as set down, but he forgets that those laws are only the most recent. Kas-Mah have always been ruled by the strongest, but sometimes that means going outside the law. We cannot risk Dalnr destroying this tribe because he is blinded by whatever that Shatong witch has over him. If it comes to it, I will fight Dalnr to the death as per the old ways, and as per the old ways there will be a single point where both parties may stop and assess each other. If I must, I will use this." She said, placing a tiny bottle of red liquid on the table. "Calnca venom." She stated, watching as every single Kas-Mah's eyes widened. "One scratch and he begins to slow, a minute later he has trouble breathing. A minute after that he collapses and dies as his heart stops. Fast acting, untraceable and relatively painless." She said calmly. "Of course that's a last resort, and only if I can't get him to back down during a non-lethal match."

Dalnr smiled and nodded, going to his pack and pulling out a huge bottle containing easily a gallon worth of the stew. He uncorked the lid and dropped something into the bottle. Instantly steam began to rise from it as the whole thing heated up. After that he poured the stew into the bowl that Shaza had used previously then handed it to her.

"Xenjilp." He explained. "Fire heart. It's a stone that heats when it touches water then dissolves. Completely harmless but very useful."