little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

Shaza nodded and thought for a moment her eye's almost all the way closed till she opened them and looked at Pikna "I haven't asked you yet Pikna, how have you been since coming here? What are your thoughts over all?" she asked wondering. She had yet to ask Pikna any of this now that she thought about it. She knew it had to be somewhat positive at least seeing how she was happily flying around and all.

((Brain fart, sorry))

Pikna smiled in her own way and released the sweet smell again when Shaza asked her the question, obviously happy.

"I love it here! I don't have to be on my own, I have a family and a pet! They wouldn't let me have a pet, they said it would be a distraction from my studies, but Aera's not a distraction is she?" Pikna asked Aera, making a cute voice as she spoke to her pet. "I have a friend too! I mean its amazing! I just wish we didn't have the fights and the ghost things happening all the time and... You know, killing people." She said, the last words very quiet and accompanied by a little shudder as her eyes spaced out and she saw the dead Kas-Mah's eyes again. Pikna shook the vision away just as quick and continued as though nothing had happened, though the second or two pause was noticeable.

"I made myself a new translator, which I think looks better then the stupid helmet. I always wanted to redesign them because the old ones are bulky and weigh more, but the people watching me would never let me. I got caught fiddling with mine in my bedroom once and they were really mad. They used the highest setting on the discipline bands for a long time. I think someone got in trouble though because I heard yelling, and then it stopped hurting, and suddenly I woke up in my bed." She explained, showing her wrists where her chitin had lost its pigment from hundreds of neural shocks directly into her pain receptors.

Pikna had gone quiet again at this discussion, but bounced back again after a few moments of silence, trying to forget the past again. "But I like it here, I like being with you Shaza, and you Dalnr, although I still think you're a little scary." Pikna said cautiously, huddling close to Shaza as she admitted this.

Dalnr sighed and nodded, leaning back a little. "I know Pikna, and I'm sorry. I won't ever hurt you, I promise, and I hope you can learn to trust me more as time goes on."

Pikna smiled a little and nodded back. "I... I trust you, Shaza trusts you, it's just... Sometimes when you're angry, your eyes get red, and you growl a lot and your teeth show... It's scary."

Dalnr nodded his understanding at this disappointed that he had damaged their relationship this badly. He knew she was right, and he knew that when he had the lust things were probably extremely scary for a young one such as her.

"Pikna, a hunters word is everything. I promise you, that no matter what, no matter the circumstances, anything at all, I will never hurt or help to hurt you ever. I swear." He said, holding up his paw and tracing a claw down it until a tiny drop of blood appeared. He gently took Pikna's hand and put his bloody paw against her hand, then shook before smiling.

"Promise." He said, wiping off Pikna's hand then his own.

Shaza smiled happy to hear Pikna's thoughts. She too disliked all the fighting and killer ghosts going around. But Pikna over all was happy here and that alone made Shaza tiredly smile clearly happy to hear it. she chuckled a little when Pikna admitted Dalnr was scary. And she let them talk a little. "In many cultures the males are often the ones that protect the family Pikna, For the Kas-Mah and them being a society in a environment such as his world, to survive one must thrive through adaptation." she explained "He might be scary when angry, he would not harm you Pikna, He might discipline you if you did something wrong but that goes for everyone." she assured her. "I might be too tired to recal right at the moment but, how does a marriage go in your village?" she asked hinting she planned to do his kinds way as well.

Mean while the Draken that had met with Dalnr a while before showed up in there meeting spot where the other Draken where. "You violated a protocal informing the Kas-Mah they where a test. And now the Shatong know of us as well, you might of just sped up the Shatongs uplifting of the Kas-Mah!" one stated angrily "However they still have a ways to go and with the Krahn posing a threat to both of them there research time has been extended. But its only a matter of time before the Shatong achieve the ability to completely undo our work in anything we work in." a blue one showed up "However defence measures are being developed against us, and if the Kas-Mah follow there behaver patterns they will hunt us down. Action must be done about the Shatong, they are the backbone that will allow the Kas-Mah to become a threat to us."

Edited by little lost dragon

Dalnr blew out a breath and closed his eyes for a moment as well before finally nodding again.

"Well like I've said before, I first have to go and hunt a beast. This is a gift for you to show my worth, although now it's more of a tradition and is instead used to feed the guests. Used to be that marriage was based on whether a mate could perform his duties by taking care of his wife and cubs. Anyway, the beast will be taken and prepared while that night we will be seperated. There will be different rites for us to accomplish over an eight hour period. I do not know your tests because the women do not discuss theirs to men and the men do not discuss theirs to women. As each rite is completed sigils of bonding will be painted upon us in a very specific patter. After the right hours you are taken to the bath house. Again I do not know what goes on inside beyond relaxation and sleep. The next morning before sunrise you will be woken and brought out blindfolded. We will both swear on a number of different things, then my right wrist will be tied to your left wrist. Then we remove the blindfolds and the marriage is completed, just as the sun crests the horizon, representing new beginnings."

Shaza nodded her own eye's closed in thought as he explained it. She tilted her head though after the him getting a meal part though. None of that she recognized. Or could be she being half asleep. Though she wondered what the rites where exactly but, Dalnr was willing to undergo a process that would kill him as it turns out. She'd show the same level of dedication to him. "I reconize the first part..... the rest was brand new to me." she admitted opening her eye's "But, as for the hunting part, you've already proven your self many times over." she said with a smile before looking at Pikna "Would you not say? He's earned it more the once over?" she asked smiling before looking back at him. "One more question then I think its your turn. Your people seem to have a light of symbolism in the paint markings, I'm cuiruse as to how they work with in your village." she said carefully. she honestly did not understand it but it was a tradition for his people and it puzzled her currently.

"Course I would, Dalnr's my dad now!" Pikna said happily as she played with Aera nearby. It was obvious she was still listening intently though and was considering the words being spoken.

Dalnr smiled a little and nodded. "Well it's just tradition, and if there's one thing my people love its tradition. Like I said, anymore it's more used to satisfy tradition and satisfy the guests stomachs, everyone wins." He said with a shrug. "As to the sigils, they are..." He paused and thought, then pointed to Varrens Guuji. "As you know, the Kas-Mah believe in a form of reincarnation. When this life ends, another begins. We might not remember it but our souls are as old as life itself. The body is full of energy and this energy flows in lines. The sigils are used in multiple ways, but for marriage they will be placed in a specific order in specific places. Each one will be used to bind your souls energy to mine and vice-a-versa. The sigils also protect from evil, give good fortune, all sorts of blessings that are shared between us when our hands meet and our souls entwine."

Shaza nodded as it was explained. so the lines being painted where believed to channel the body's energy, including binding for marriage. This was interesting and she honestly wondered if there was the small change of the paint really channeling the energy. she'd have to ask if they could study that later. She closed her eye's in thought before opening them again a little "Very fascinating.... I had not thought about the paint channeling the body's energy...... maybe later if your alright with it.... mind if I add that as a project to the research facility?" she asked "And I believe its your turn." she said with a smile.

"I don't see why you couldn't research them. They aren't considered sacred per'se, so studying them isn't considered taboo. That being said, those sigils have been used since our fossil record shows up on the home planet 20,000 years ago. If they really are doing something then I wonder what, because our block, appearance on our planet, and these sigils can't be a coincidence, I refuse to accept that. As for a question... I can't really think of any." Dalnr admitted.

"Ooh! I wanna ask a question!" Pikna said suddenly, turning to face Shaza suddenly. "Is there something I can do like you two are going to do? You're both doing these rite things to become part of the family, can I do that? I wanna be part of it too!"

Dalnr smiled and glanced at Shaza, unsure of what to do. "I don't have a problem with it, but I'll need to consult a few people." He said cautiously, meaning he would have to come up with something that seemed plausible for a rite. "At least if your mothers ok with it."

Shaza nodded thinking. But when Pikna spoke about joining them in the rites she tilted her head to the side in thought. She nodded as Dalnr spoke and then back to Pikna "I don't see why not..... for my people its extremely rare when 2 have a child in the family before marriage that is acceptable. Which don't worry Pikna, your in the acceptable range." she said smiling "but as a result nothing been put into place for the young..... Us adults normally have to go through a cleansing but its rather harsh on the body.... I have no idea if yours would fare better or worse." she admitted thinking. "Though... would you like to be part of the crew that grows and maintains and eventually bring the marriage pod?" she asked

"That could be fun." Pikna said, thinking for a second then nodding. "But what you guys have to do sounds hard. That's easy, I've grown lots of stuff already and my designs are coming along quickly."

Dalnr glanced at Shaza again, concerned for Pikna. The girl was asking for something dangerous like a Kas-Mah trial, but he didn't really want her to do a real one. They were designed to be dangerous and to test the limits of the performer, and frankly he didn't think Pikna could do it.

"Um, let me go and make a call alright? I need to ask some questions." Dalnr said quickly, standing and exiting the house. He walked a few dozen feet then checked to make sure Pikna wasn't following before hurrying off to where the Kas-Mah force was camped. Once there he quickly moved over to one of the striders, a tall and extremely beautiful female who was one of the best.

"Myx." He said, walking forward and gesturing for her to follow him. He led her off to a nearby but where they could be seen but not overheard.

"Myx, I need you to do a favor for me. This is not an order or command, but a request. No one but a select few know but I will be getting married within a few days to Shaza the leader of the Shatong. The child Krahn you have seen will be my daughter by proxy, and she has heard us talking about the rites. You and I both know she doesn't need to do anything, but she feels she does. I also know she can't do any normal rites because she has no training or really anything else that could help her. That's where you come in. I would like you to take her and have her do a few things that are hard, but doable for her. Make them sound like a rite we would do, but keep them simple as well."

Myx considered the request for a moment, then smiled and nodded. "Of course I will help you my chief, just lead me to her."

Dalnr smiled and turned to head off but stopped and turned.

"Ok, we have to make this seem legitimate, so... He went into the tent and got some paint as well as a few odds and ends then returned. First he added a few sigils to Tenna's armor and had her remove her helmet, then he put a few more marks on her cheeks and forehead. "Ok, so here is everything I can think of that will make it seem legitimate. Don't make her kill or hunt, she's been sheltered and frankly I don't think she could do it. Just make the tasks physical, and keep close by. Use your radio the first sign of trouble. Remember the Krahn are searching for her." Dalnr whispered hurriedly as they moved to Shaza's house and entered.

In all Dalnr had been gone maybe five minutes, but when he returned with the tall female with paint all over, Pikna's eyes got big and she shrunk away, a little intimidated by the giant person now looking at her.

Dalnr moved past Myx and over to Pikna before kneeling and looking at the little girl sternly.

"After consulting with this priestess, we have decided to let you perform the rite of Jayi." He said, using a Kas-Mah word that meant child instead of an actual name. "Myx will be your guide and walk you through the steps. You will be with her until you succeed. I expect you to do everything you're told to do as though I or Shaza had said it. She will not make you do anything that could hurt you beyond a few bumps or bruises, and she knows to watch for other Krahn. Understand?"

"But what if I'm not done in time for the wedding?" Pikna asked, nervousness pheremones coming from her.

"It is a short enough rite and you'll be back before it happens in a few days. Now say goodbye to Shaza. You won't see her again until you return." Dalnr said, trying to sound serious but also kind.

Pikna had let off a little fear at this point as well as sadness, but still managed to act brave and hug Shaza as well as Aera and Dalnr before going to Myx.

"Good luck Pikna." Dalnr said quietly, watching as Myx led the girl outside.

"Don't worry, Myx is the best stalker we have. Pikna will be perfectly safe with her. I asked Myx to make up things that would challenge Pikna but wouldn't hurt her or make her hurt other things." He explained to Shaza as he sat down beside Shaza.

Shaza watched Dalnr head off before thinking "There's only really one trial for me people do for marriage and its something that Dalnr was only able to do once as it would kill him to do so a second time." she admitted. "I want you to save it for when you find your own future mate as it helps bond 2 together. And hopefully by then we know enough about your kind to know if its safe for you to do the cleansing." she said gently squeezing Pikna against her with her tail.

Then Dalnr returned with a tall female hunter or priestess? Who apparently had a rite ready for Pikna. She looked at Pikna as the young Krahn became unsure and nerves but after some convincing, and Shaza silently assuring her with her tail, she hugged Pikna back "Take care, I'll be right here Pikna." she said before her adopted daughter and the priestess where gone.

She looked at Dalnr and nodded "She did want to do a rite, now she gets to have a taste of one." she said before she sighed "With the Krahn trying to get her though.... being the mother of a dead son... I can't help but worry, but some of its lifted knowing she's with some who can protect her." she admitted before almost as if on cue, Varren's Guuji seem to become active. Shaza blinked looking at it "Did it........ whats it doing?" she asked a small edge to her voice.

((It got Varrens soul))

"Exactly." Dalnr said as Shaza confirmed what he had told her. He carefully put an arm around Her as the woman spoke, careful to let the other voice her worries. "Shaza, anyone can see that you love Pikna. Before I worried that you were trying to replace Varren with her to avoid grieving, but I don't think so anymore. That being said, with how you are worried about Pikna now... I think you need to be reminded. I will love our child no matter what, don't ever think otherwise, but I also need you to remember that I also need an heir to my position. Doesn't matter if its male or female, but the child will be raised as a Kas-Mah, and that means danger as they grow up. I need you to remember that." He explained kindly, his voice calming in its tone.

A sudden light made Dalnr's head turn sharply however, and a blade appeared in his hand as the Guuji began to glow, the carved lines and its eyes lit by a soft green light.

"Something brought him back." Dalnr breathed, sheathing his blade and standing but moving no closer then where he was. "It's um, it's part of the Guuji. It's a portal like I said, and it lets the soul move on and be born again. This shouldn't happen, this can't happen." He was almost panicking now and his eyes were wide as he looked at the Guuji. "Varren's soul should have passed on days ago, the minute you put this here. There is no reason why it would linger here. I... I need the shaman, I don't know what to do." Dalnr said, already calling the Elder and ordering him to the Shatong village.

(Is Defas's Guuji doing it too? Up to you this is your plot.)

(I'm no expert on the stuff, but figured it would throw a twist into the whole thing. and sure, they did die almost in the same area same hour.)

Shaza nodded and closed her eye's gently leaning against him, but when he took notice of the Guuji. She looked at it and noticed the growing alarm Dalnr was displaying. This alone was alarming her as she did not understand what was going on. Her sons spirit had returned? Or did it just pass? When it should have done so days ago? Soon Dalnr was making a call to get a shaman over. All the while the Guuji's pulsing getting stronger. "You said a spirit is reborn..... maybe A Shatong's spirit..... has a different effect?" she asked starting to slowly but unsteadily stand up her self unsettled by the strange activity going on in her own home.

Dalnr shook his head, unable to answer as a long string of words in the Kas-Mah language came over the comm channel.

"The elders on his way." Dalnr said, his eyes unmoving as he watched the glowing Guuji.

It took about an hour or so for the elder to arrive, and during that time Dalnr hadn't said or done anything. It was like he had frozen solid, unable or unwilling to move from watching what he was seeing.

The elder entered the house without much of a comment on its strange entrance or inside, instead he too focused on the Guuji. The old Kas-Mah carefully walked over, muttering under his breath as he gently lifted the figure of Varren from the mantle and held it. He inspected it further, still murmuring under his breath until finally he set the Guuji down again and sat across from Shaza and Dalnr.

"Guuji's are interesting things. They are old, as old as our very race, and their form hasn't changed much over the millennia. A carving of the deceased is created to show the spirit what door is his or hers. In that carving, a crystal like the ones from our weapons is imbedded. Then the means for the passage is added, the sigils and lines tracing the rivers of energy in the body combined with the crystal creating a portal to the next life. Sometimes we see brief flares when a spirit departs for its next life, but never this. I think your son Varren is here, in this Guuji. This should not have happened. The Guuji is complete in every way, it is not at fault. That means there is something else wrong. Perhaps your son refuses to leave, or as you say, your race doesn't interact quite right. I don't know, but we must work fast. Your son has been dead for four days now. He has seven to transition. If he is not gone by sunrise of the eighth day then his soul will be lost to wander the swamp for all time."

Shaza looked at the shaman then at the Guuji again trying to peice together what was being said. "Your saying...... there's a chance he's trapped in there?" she asked "What do we need to do?" she asked before she had a thought "Sometimes when our own is connected to our tech we can download and save them from there dieing body. Everything about them is stored then on the computers memory, there is also a bit of a side effect remanent of my peoples past, a young can be born at times.... body working but nothing in the mind. We think it might of been something done to us before our civil war, with these young and sometimes with the data from the dead Shatong we can give them a new body, we save the data until the new body has had its growing reach a similar level of the owners last one. Has to be the same gender or things go wrong." she explained "I never thought about it but..... maybe that is not all entirely data then..... maybe where containing a soul at the same time......" she said concerned "What do we need to do to.... free him?" she asked

"I'm not quite sure what to say about your idea, but the first thing we need to do is try and contact him." The elder said, hefting a bag that he had brought in as he spoke. "Like I said, I've never seen this thing before where the soul is stuck, so maybe it's this prison we find ourselves in, maybe it's the difference in his soul, maybe something's holding him here. I don't know, but we need to find out before further action can be taken."

The old Kas-Mah began to unload certain items from the bag, a cup, herbs, some candles, as well as a few other odds and ends. All had designs on them like the ones on the Guuji. Finally he set up a small stool looking thing with complex engravings as well, and indented slots as well. Carefully he placed the different objects on the stool, putting each one down in a certain order and twisting it on so that a click sounded and the engravings matched up. The candles were lit, the incense began to burn and finally Varrens Guuji was placed on the stool and screwed in.

The moment the engravings lined up, all of the lines glowed, from the Guuji all over the stool and objects until it filled the cup. Then things went still as the elder began to chant quietly. Minutes passed until the smoke began to coil down into the cup, filling it to the brim like a fog. Finally a faint and faraway sound could be heard. Another minute passed and it sounded again, echoing and faint. The smoke curled up into the air now, taking on the form of a small Varren who stood hovering above the ground, his legs faint and whispy.

"Varren." The elder said quietly. "We have called you back using rites learned from our ancestors. Your soul had not passed on, and we seek the answer to this question. Why do you linger here?"

Dalnr touched Shaza's shoulder to comfort the woman, then went to the elder and spoke in his ear. The old Kas-Mah nodded after a moment and went to the side, giving Shaza space to speak with her son alone.

Shaza took a step back with a small gasp as her dead son seemed to be formed in smoke. Her eye's tear'y before she slowly approached Varren's form. He looked rather..... disoriented and confused. "Varren?" Shaza asked kneeling down to be closer to his level. His smoky form looked back up at her "Mom?" he asked confused "Whats happening? Everythings.... I don't know..... one moment I'm in one memory then the next...... I'm here....." he admitted and Shaza nodded though had no idea what to say, she slowly reach out to take his hand but when he touched her hand his hand just dissipated till contact broke and it reformed. "Mom?" he asked voice getting frightened.

Shaza closed her eye's and swallowed "I'm new to this, but..... your suppost to pass on when you reach this, its a Guuji and its suppost to help you..... take on a new form and live once more." she said "But somethings gone wrong..... your.... seemingly trapped.... I think..." she admitted and Varren looked at the other 2 in the chamber "Mom..... who are they?" he asked and Shaza nodded "He's Dalnr, and the others the Shaman, he knows a lot about this stuff." she explained "Do you know why your stuck here?" she asked though Varren only shook his head "Its..... well..... does death always feel.......... like.... cold and..... like being stuck in a container?" he asked causing Shaza's tail to flicker in distress almost. She looked at the Shaman unsure what to say "I.... would not know Varren......" she said looking back at her son "But...... in any case...... this allows me to say something I did not get to before. and that is Varren, I love you Varren, I just want you to know that above all else." she said and if a smoke figure could tear up, Varren was doing so, but he looked very confused and disoriented as before with everythign else.

The shaman frowned and came forward to sit near Varrens form and looked intently at it.

"You are not supposed to be here Varren." He said quietly. "You should have entered the Guuji and been born anew, not be stuck in this life. Since you are not holding yourself here purposefully, it can only be that something else is keeping you here." The shaman went still as he thought, considering what he knew. "You died in violence, not an uncommon thing amongst my people, but perhaps unusual for yours? What's more, you were killed while fighting with Defas, and you are a different species. Those things might cause your being stuck, especially since your kinds souls do not normally pass this way." The shaman went still again, thinking, then looked at Dalnr and more specifically a feather on the chiefs armor. "That is from Defas's first hunt yes? I need it."

Dalnr gave up the feather without question and watched as the shaman lit the feather and let the ash fall into the cup. More chanting followed and Defas stood at the opposite end of the stool from Varren.

"There." The shaman said quietly, moving to the side so that Dalnr could move forward.

"Defas? Why have you not passed?" Dalnr asked, shocked at seeing his sons spirit.

"Passed? What are you talking about? I still have to do this stupid test of yours before I can pass." Defas said angrily, glaring at his father. As ther ghostly version of Defas talked, it became more and more apparent that he only saw his father. It wasn't that he was ignoring the others, he just didn't recognize that anyone else was there.

"Defas, you've been dead for close to a week now." Dalnr said quietly.

This gave Defas pause, but then he shook his head and bared his fangs. "Nice try father, but you're just trying to keep me from Shelna! I'll pass your stupid test and then I'll marry her!"

"Defas! Stop, listen to me, please. You and Varren were in an accident and you both died. Shaza and I found your bodies. The Guuji's have been made. You need to pass on."

Defas got a confused look on his face, and glanced at the shaman finally, as though noticing him for the first time.

"That... That can't be right." He said quietly. "I mean, I was supposed to be chief. I was supposed to be with Shelna. You said so."

The shaman nodded quietly and looked at Dalnr.

"Yes, that was supposed to happen. But sometimes things don't happen the way we planned Defas."

"No, no, no, no. I can't leave, I have to be with Shelna. She needs me, we have to be together. I have to be chief."

Dalnr was only just managing to maintain his composure at this point, but managed to shake his head.

"Defas..." He said quietly. "I need you to listen. I... I made mistakes." He said, his eyes watering. "I pushed you to be strong, to grow up and be a chief. I... It's because of me that you are dead, and I cannot say I am sorry enough. I would gladly take your place if I could. I would tear out my own heart if it would let me do things differently, but I can't. I can't bring you back, or give Shelna her love back. All I can do is make this one thing right." He took a shuddering breath and looked at Defas, barely keeping tears from falling, but unable to keep the other signs from showing.

"Defas, I am proud of you. I never said that, and looking back I wish I had. You were everything a father could want from a son and more, but still I made you work harder. You were a better person then I ever was, and I still wouldn't let you be your own person. Defas, you and your brother were all I had left of your mother and I drove you away. Now all I want is for you to move on and live a new life. Stop holding on, I am proud of you, and I love you. I'm sorry for what happened."

Defas's spirit seemed confused for a second, listening to Dalnr's speech, then just as quickly seemed to disappear into the smoke, leaving only Varren again.

Without a further word, Dalnr stood and left the house before heading to the river where he sat and wept, unable to hold himself together any more.

The shaman meanwhile nodded quietly and looked at Shaza then at Varren.

"I think we have our answer." He said quietly. "Varren and Defas died from extreme violence, their spirits becoming knotted as they died because of their emotions and hatreds. Defas was... Stuck, unwilling to let go. He held onto the knot, unwilling to accept that he was dead and that he had failed his father. Now he has been released by his fathers word, and the knots are undone. Varren should be free to pass on. If he still has troubles, we can perform a cleansing on the Guuji which will send him on. I'll give you two some time to say goodbye. Varren, just follow the path after your talk. Do not linger, it will only make things harder." After that the shaman left as well, leaving the house empty except for Varrens mother and the ghostly varren.

Shaza watched the time between Defas and Dalnr happened watching as father made things right with his son. She looked at Defas, feeling like she was at fault again. She had been trusted to care for him and instead he ended up dead along with her son. And from the sounds of it, Her son had never resolved things with Defas either.

Varrens form watched Defas clearly not ok with his nemesis back in sight. He also watched the moment between Dalnr and Defas.

after it was over and Defas seemed to vanish and Dalnr left Shaza nodded and kelt down again to speak with her son "I need you to let go Varren, Its for your own good. I love you and always will as a mother should and more." she said barely above a whisper. As she was saying that Varrens form though was fading till the smoke just lost shape completely leaving Shaza alone. She got up and made her way to the river to join Dalnr. When she did arrive due to being weaker then she was used to she half knelt half fell beside him before she put an arm around him her own tears coming down her cheeks. She did not know what to say so instead she just wept with him.

After a bit she seemed to regain her emotion control somewhat. She took a shaky breath "Our child.... will not share such a fate." she said "No drone will kidnap them."

Dalnr continued to cry for a good while, but managed to nod quietly as he supported Shaza and gently sat with her beside the river.

"No they won't." He whispered. "Because I won't let it. I won't make the same mistake twice. I'm going to step down as leader. I won't do what I did to Defas happen again. You and I will quietly raise a family, and I will not let what I did happen again. I-I ruined him Shaza. I destroyed a child for my own selfish gain. While others played and interacted, I pushed him to track better. While others had friends and sleepovers, he learned to fight. He couldn't let to because I pushed him so hard. It's my fault your child and mine were stuck here. My fault for everything." He sobbed, burying his face in his hands. "I don't even know if we should be married anymore." He whispered. "I don't think I'm worthy of being a father. I don't think I'm worthy of being with you."

Shaza gently squeezed him against her with her arm around his shoulders her tail coming around his waist "Dalnr, you can't step down as leader of your people because your people need you. You understand things many of your people need to be taught, you'll be the one heading in a new age for your people once mine have worked out a way to allow your people to once again adapted and grow." she said quietly largely due to her tiredness "I saw what Defas was becoming, I could see him becoming your peoples leader, but I did not see a good future, you see that now as well and our child will be the heir to your seat but now you can learn from your mistakes. Yes our child will need to learn how to track, but they will need time to befreind others, yes they will need to learn to fight, but also have time to play and have fun." she explained "The Kas-Mah's leader has a opportunity to take a step forward, not a step down." she said before she gently turned his head to look right into his eye's "And Dalnr, if I did not deem you worthy of being with me, I would not be here side by side. Nor would Pikna know you as her father." she said firmly well as firmly as a weak tired voice can get. But her eye's said it all.

She remembered when she went through a similar time period, it was in the middle of the Kas-Mah celebration of the young moving on, she blamed her self for the youngs deaths, much like Dalnr was now. And like he was there for her back then, she would be here for him now. "Learn from your mistakes Dalnr, and I think you'll be a better leader, and father to our children." she said before hugging him.

Dalnr continued to cry as Shaza spoke, listening to her words and comfort. Finally he nodded and looked at her.

"Alright." He whispered. "You're right, I need to stay." He gently hugged Shaza, careful to avoid hurting her, then stood and gently scooped her up. "You shouldn't be out here." He managed, walking back to her house. "You need to rest."

Dalnr didn't talk again until he had Shaza situated in her house again, and he sat beside her once more, the blanket he had brought draped over her.

He didn't say much for a long time, just staring into space, lost in memories of the past. Finally he looked at Shaza again and gently pulled her into a hug, as much for his sake as hers. This was the most emotion he had let out in a long time, and it was exhausting him quickly.

"I-if we do manage to conceive, what will the child look like?" Dalnr finally asked, unsure of how it would work. "And... Two cubs is average among my people. Will that hold true with us?"

Shaza allowed her self to be carried back to her home. Though sometime it puzzled her how he was able to do that since she was not exactly small or light, then again one did not need to be buff to be strong. When they arrived at her home again she lay down half up along the chambers wall tail flowing between her legs with the blanket drapped over her. when he pulled her into a hug she hugged him back closely eye's closed.

When he asked about there child she smiled a little "While its been.... rare some kind have had a member or 2 that fall in love with one of my kind, and so far, the rate of conceiving has always been the same unless there mechanoid or something else. Which pretty much means we have a high chance. As for what out child will look like, since I will be the mother the child will look largely like a Shatong but with features of Kas-Mah, possibly the same amount of eye's like you, maybe the fur patches, maybe similar hands and feet, things like that, do not worry about the childs growth, they will grow up and mature fine, if any deformity's do start to show our medical center will correct those." she explained "As for how many young.... its rare when we birth more then one child. Its possible but rare, but it does leave the raised possibility if its normal for your people though. One thing you should know, when I'm pregnant, like any of my kind, we can not mimic at all, we think is a safety lock for the young in our wombs." she admitted

((Thinking of opening this up soon, seeing people lurking lately.))

Dalnr nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat at the memory of what he had said to Defas during the feast. 'It's easy to replace you.'

Dalnr closed his eyes again, trying to maintain calm as he spoke.

"W-will the child be able to do that?" He asked quietly, speaking about the ability to change shape. "I um, I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with a child that could be anything it wanted to be." He said with a forced swallow. "I... That is, we will need to decide on a place to live." He said finally. "I hope Pikna does alright with another child in our family. She uh, she just got a family who pays attention to her, and now she'll have to be second again." He said quietly. "I hope she does ok."

Shaza gently squeezed him in the hug to confort him. She could feel his mustles tense as his memory went through his head. Though all she knew was a though disturbed him. "Most likely yes, they will have the ability to mimic, maybe not as well but there's the chance of them not being able to at all though too." she admitted

"As for a place to live.... I'm thinking we should have a home by the trading post, but once the teleport pads have been reverse engineered we could make our own and then decide where we want to live, since both colony's will almost, be right there like they where side by side." she said before thinking about Pikna "And true, but she's never had a family that cared for her or at least.... had the chance to, plus, she'd have a sibling to play with and also help take care of, you see how she cares for her pet, and it would offer her more things to learn with her new sibling. All good experience for her as well." she explained before pausing and gently pressed her cheek against his "You'll be a fine father as well Dalnr, don't doubt your self on that alright? Mistakes where made, that is true, but if we learn we become better." she whispered before sighing eye's closed in the hug.

"Your my future mate Dalnr." she stated