little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

Dalnr listened quietly to the scientist, carefully reviewing each piece of information as best he could. Truth be told he didn't understand much of it, but from what he gathered they couldn't remove the DNA until a certain strand was better understood.

"Just work quickly. My people need this more then you know." He said, his voice betraying a bit of anger. The lust for battle, even in a tiny form, still floated in his mind, causing irrational anger. He knew that the scientist was working as fast as possible, but that small lingering rage made him consider that the scientist was stalling and should be destroyed.

He turned quickly and left the room, wandering out and off towards the edge of the village.

"Leftovers of battle." He explained when Shaza caught up. "A blood rage that doesn't settle easily once roused." He shrugged and glanced at her with a small smile. "Same thing happens during REd Moon. Tribe goes into the fury for a few days as they hunt. Takes about a week to come off of it. That's when most challenges are made, no matter the position desired. Just apart of who we are I guess."

Shaza nodded and dismissed the scientist before sighing and following Dalnr. She nodded sitting down as he explained the state he was in. "Well I guess your people will be fired up in case the rebel Krahn made a strike at one of us." she said before shaking her head and closing her eye's thinking "I suppose we'll have to bump the marriage off till the Krahn threat is dealt with. Not like I can continue the cleansing with the threat of a fight on my hands in the middle or right afterwards." she admitted before standing back up "But, Pikna is safe, and enjoying her self." she commented seeing the young Krahn helping one Shatong carry a few storage eggs. "I'm glad she seems to have grown into seeing this as home so fast..... When you know you did not finish your training in something.... then have to take the position.... I worry if I'm making the right decisions and orders." she admitted quietly

Dalnr watched Pikna for a few moments as well, smiling when he saw her laugh at something the older Shatong had wait or did. "I'm not surprised." He said. "She's never had a real home, just some laboratory and a bunch of scientists that didn't give her much in the way of love. She doesn't remember much of her real mother either, so in all I think she was happy to latch onto you and your people. She has a real home for the first time in her life, as well as friends and a family who loves her." He shrugged again, then glanced at Shaza when the other expressed doubt over her orders.

"Shaza, I can't tell you what the right orders are or are not. All I can do is tell you what my father told me. He said that being a leader means being like a blade. Immovable, strong, and if need be, a tool for fightig. What you don't know is that blades also bend a little, they have to or they will shatter. In essence, he's saying that your decisions are your own. Stick to them, don't let others dissuade you once a path is chosen. Until the path is chosen however, listen to the people, and use their wants and needs to make your decision. You have chosen a path, don't let self doubt cause you to stray."

Shaza nodded thinking on what he was saying. "So..... more or less stay firm once a path is chosen and see it through but make it based on the interests of the people as well." she said half to her self before looking back at Pikna "And true, from what we know about her, this must feel almost dreamish to her, allowed to roam, no pain bracelets, no being forced to work. Allowed to be free work when she wants to and have a whole setting of things to learn and help. With no one trying to control her only guiding." she said with a sigh and a soft smile "Once the threat is dealt with, I think all 3 of us need to head out some day for a family outing, send some scouts out before hand make sure a rough is safe give them the day off and head out." she suggested

Dalnr watched Pikna for a little bit before nodding. "I think she'll enjoy that." He said, frowning as Pikna ran back into Shaza's house. A moment later the Krahn reappeared and ran back to where she had been, this time with Aera on her shoulder. She showed the Shatong she had been talking to, then put Aera onto her shoulder again.

"It's sad that her life has been so hard." He said quietly. "You have to wonder what she would have been like without laboratories and the expiriments. What her likes would have been, her friends, that sort of thing." He shrugged and gave a small smile. "She may not be Shatong or Kas-Mah, but she is a good person, one I would like to protect."

Dalnr looked up sharply seemingly at nothing. Suddenly a blur came running into the village, resolving into a creature with a Kas-Mah rider as it finally slowed.

"Hello Viknl." Dalnr said, a smile on his face as he walked over. "Where did you find her? I didn't think any had come with us." As he talked Dalnr was gently patting the steed which towered over him. At rest it's head stuck up allowing an amazing line of sight, also giving it a height of almost 13 feet. It's tail stuck out just as far, and was constantly moving. The creatures mouth was unusual in that it seemed to be made up of four segments. It was only when it yawned that it revealed the inside of the four jaws were lined with razor sharp teeth.

"There's a whole herd of them near the south-eastern edge of the hunting grounds. All healthy, all ready for taming. Wardens have already taken watch positions and are watching the dominants for breeding." The Kas-Mah introduced as Viknl said, patting the creature on the neck. "I didn't come here just to show you this though my friend. I have a message from the Krahn. They have delivered a third machine that creates things from nothing, the teleporter? The have brought it to the village, along with another thing. Both were set up, then they gave a message to be delivered to you." He said, handing a wooden tube to Dalnr.

Dalnr took the offered tube and opened it revealing a piece of paper. This too he opened and began to read.

Dalnr, with your forces as well as the Shatong's, we have purged the capitol of the rebels, allowing our society to regain its normal composure. In order to begin paying our great debt to you, we have decided to give you a teleport jammer, as well as a specially modified transport pad. This pad, along with the one the Shatong possess are linked to one another. They can teleport through the jamming fields, but only to each other, meaning you still have your security, but a more direct line of communication and transport. Both transporters can be shut down by either side at any time by their respective leaders. Pikna can of course confirm what we say, and should you have any problems, we will answer to your communications.

The letter ended as abruptly as it had begun making Dalnr frown and pass the scroll to Shaza. "That's all they said?" He asked, eyes narrowed in suspicion. "They just set it up and left?" He shook his head, trying to figure out the game. "Ok, put a round the clock guard on it until we can have Pikna check both sides. No one goes within 20 yards of the thing. Put two emplacements in supporting positions as well. Whatever game they're playing, they won't win." Dalnr said, his agitation rising again. Realizing what was happening he tried to calm down by taking a breath, then nodded to Viknl again. "It is good to see you. We will need to catch up and have that rematch. I still owe you for last time." He laughed.

Viknl smiled and nodded before turning his steed and spurring it. The creature took maybe five steps before it was at full tilt, it's head lowered and it's legs churning up the earth as it's disappeared into the distance.

"What do you think?" Dalnr asked Shaza, walking over to her. "Any ideas on what they're up to?"

Edited by Ryujin13

Shaza nodded as he spoke watching the young Krahn as well. "I wonder that as well, but, allowing her to have the life she should have had before and seeing her enjoying it, helps reaffirm the right decision was made." she admitted before looking over and taking a step back as a Kas-Mah arrived with a creature she had never seen before. Though she relaxed though in her mouth her own teeth slid into place at the sight of its jaws. There was a herd of these things? She watched the two greet each other and eventually get to the topic of the Krahn which made her blink. They just.... handed over a teleporter and a jammer? When she was handed the note she took it and while trying to not get it damp in her hands slime her kind always made she read it. Eye's narrowed a bit. They gave a teleporter? With a jammer that the teleporter can cut through? And the one she had as well even though they got the jammer after seizing the tech she had in her colony?

She folded it up and handed it back to Dalnr when he asked her about her thoughts.

"Not sure but honestly I dislike how they give us jammers that teleporters can cut through. Its not like they had access to the one we have here being studied and yet its already linked to the one they just gave you and able to cut through the jammers?" she asked "If they gave my colony a teleporter after the jammer or like you, both I can see how it would work, but such is not the case there for I can't help but wonder whats really going on. And I still think they have a bug or spy in our midst as the tech where researching is also suppost to be secure there for not adjustable at there whim." she stated crossing her arms under her breasts "They might haver purged there capital of the rebels but they where not even prepared for the rebels first attack." she said before looking at Dalnr "Until we know of the Krahns intentions and I know with out a doubt there's no bug or spy here, I recommend the pads are to be powered down and secured until further notice." she said "Since the rebels are still at large, that means we are still at war, and you can never been too careful in war."

"That's what I'm thinking too." Dalnr said quietly, glancing around. "Almost a little to good to be true." He sighed and shook his head before turning as Pikna squealed happily in the distance. "I hate to tell her to do something, but in this regard I think it would be worth having Pikna check out the pads, preferably mine first, and not just because it's the newest one. Viknl was nervous, and I'm sure my people are as well. Something new like that isn't exactly welcome, especially when delivered from an enemy."

Suddenly a blur of motion and a squeal of laughter heralded Pikna's return as she threw her arms around Shaza's waist.

"Shaza!" She giggled. "Shaza, I want to go see Sheyli! Can we? Last time that ghost thing showed up and ruined everything. Please?"

Dalnr smiled and shrugged, glancing at Shaza. "I don't have a problem as long as Shaza doesn't." He said.

Shaza nodded and sighed "Well at the very least don't pose it like an order. And I understand why your people would be nerves. Mine are as well and most likely will be till we have the tech discarded when we can make our own versions." she admitted before taking a step back with a ooof as a bundle of wings exoskeleton and laughter suddenly was around her waist asking to see Sheyli. She hugged Pikna back and smiled "Sure, Your father and I where just talking about heading over there as well." she said thinking it was time to start referring to Dalnr as that one for Pikna. She hear self was already mother, and Pikna needed a father figure anyway and Dalnr already agreed to take her into the family.

"Anything you want to do or say before we head?" Shaza asked glad for the distraction from war and strife.

Pikna let go and smiled happily, shaking her head.

"No, I just want to go play with her, I want to show her Aera." This caused Dalnr to stop and look at Pikna, glancing at the pet on the Krahn's shoulder.

"Pikna, it's not a good idea to bring Aera." He said carefully.

Pikna frowned and cocked her head, obviously confused. "Why? Aera will be good and stay with me, she always does."

Dalnr nodded and knelt down, gesturing to Aera. "I'm sure she is very well behaved, but bringing her isn't a good idea for a number of reasons, the major one being her..." He paused, grasping for ther right word then sighed. "Pikna, Aera isn't a creature that comes from my home planet. My planet is a very dangerous place, and is full of predators. Even my people have to be careful about how we move around and interact. Aera is just to much of a... Well she could be seen as an easy meal by the creatures that live there. It's just not a good idea."

Pikna for her part had gotten a horrified look on her face at the mention of Aera being eaten and was holding onto the little creature like she was afraid it would disappear. She looked down at her pet for a moment, then ran off towards Shaza's house. She was gone long enough that Dalnr almost started to worry before she returned, her mood a little tempered, but still happy.

"Ok, let's go." She said, a little disappointed. Suddenly a thought occured to her and she looked up at Dalnr. "Dalnr? What was that thing that your messenger was riding?" She asked, her voice laced with curiosity.

Dalnr smiled a little and looked down at her as he walked before turning his eyes back to the path.

"That was a Jaheye, the fastest living thing on my home world. Even in the swamp it can reach excess of 60 miles per hour in a straight line. They don't care much about brush or other things in the way either because their jump can hit almost 30 feet straight up. Beautiful creatures as long as they aren't hunting you, otherwise they are a horror. They hunt in family packs of four to five, any communicate with each other by mimicking other sounds from the swamp. Sounds like there's a herd though, which means anywhere from 10-20 individuals. Strange that we haven't run into them until now." He thought about this then shrugged. "They're extremely difficult to train, but worth it. The speed, the agility, they are almost perfect hunters."

Shaza nodded as Dalnr spoke though honestly forgot that detail but then again, such threats are not a problem in her colony. She was glad to see Pikna had nod been downed enough with not being allowed to bring her pet. Though she was intrigued by the creature the messenger had been riding. Fast creature that was for sure and with those jaws a small pack of them would rip lots to shreds. Though she disagreed to almost perfect hunters, to her a perfect hunter is a untameable one.

Once they where on there way, after a bit there was the limp back in her step from the skirmish that nearly costed them Pikna but she did not seem fazed by it right now. Really it was only there from a lack of rest nightmares had been keeping from her. Her tail was lower as well and not a sturdy looking like it had been when she first arrived here.

When they arrived at the trading post on the boarder she kept denying it but she was not doing well. Almost as if she where becoming ill on the spot. One of the Shatong guard noticed this right away and came up "Mam, you need to see a medic." he stated as she looked at him. She looked at Dalnr and Pikna "You 2..... I'll catch up." she said though her tail once again limp.

She was lead to a medical tent for both races and was checked over. A number of scans and quick blood tests and some communications with the colony medical and something was found. "It seems the Krahn's energy weapons have a ill effect on our systems linked to our tails that allow us to connect to our tech. Shaza your is.... the worst we've seen so far but it maybe coupled with the lack of rest your having as we can tell through other signs." the medical Shatong explained "I called the medical facility back at the colony and they say that, while not as bad all the other Shatong who where struck with this weapon of the Krahn, have the same effects. the spinal cord zelle piece is injured and with use it will heal but.... the damage is due to almost a.... energy over load along it and its affecting the other systems along the spine." he explained. "Where going to do a restoration Shaza to save yours, might remove your limp as well. But it will be a full day before your going to be active again." he said before looking at Pikna and Dalnr if they came with her "She won't be joining you 2 this time. The extent of the damage cannot be ignored and we must deal with it sooner before she's rendered inert to our tech. That includes things like our own armor." he said "She'll be placed in a pod and she'll.... go into a stasis like state, don't worry about her drowning the fluid she'll be floating in is much like the slime in our homes. She'll be fed and maintained as the healing enzymes go to work."

Dalnr was growing more concerned the farther they walked. Shaza's limp was back and in his species that could be a death sentence. The arrival at the trading post was heralded by even worse news, causing Pikna to release fear pheremones and hug Shaza tight.

"You sure she will be alright?" Dalnr asked the doctor quietly.

"Of course, the pod will heal her completely and release her in about a day. She'll be perfectly safe." The Shatong said soothingly.

Dalnr glanced at Shaza then nodded. "Alright, but if you hurt her, your hide will adorn my wall." He hissed, causing the doctor to go pale.

"Ok, Pikna and I will go to my place today and come back tommorrow to meet you." Dalnr said, turning back to Shaza and moving over. "You better be alright though." He said with a smile, giving Shaza a hug.

"I love you mom." Pikna said sadly, still holding on to Shaza's middle. "Please be ok. Please?"

Dalnr smiled a little and put a hand on Pikna's shoulder. "She'll be ok Pikna, I promise." He said in as comforting a voice as he could, trying to calm the little Krahn as they waited for the pod with Shaza.

Shaza looked very out of it but hugged Pikna back as Dalnr asked if she'd be alright. Though she blinked a little in suprize at Dalnr's threat to the doctor. So the Krahns weapons had a secondary effect on her kind when struck? Starts off minor but if not dealt with seems it would kill there link to there tech..... rendering them almost useless for anything besides hunting and spawning pool, and no way to save memories or.... anything. Being born with out a tail is a death sentence almost.....

She looked at Dalnr and nodded "Alright." she said weakly putting a arm around him as well holding her family close.

When the pod arrived she gave Pikna and Dalnr each one last hug before peeling Pikna off her before the pod was opened. She stepped in to it giving them a final wave "She's in your care now." she said weakly to Dalnr before the pod was closed. There where not view ports on the pod but hardly a sound came from its inside. The doctor looked at Pikna and nervesly at Dalnr "She'll be back at the colony tomorrow. Might even be up and around by the time you 2 arrive." he said "When you do meet up with her, take it easy, there's multiple signs of stress and sleep depervation. Never mind this.... effect the enemy's weapons have on us. Dalnr your kind seem to be in the clear in that aspect. We already tested a few of your troops for this side effect and found nothing." he assured him

Dalnr waved back at Shaza and had to keep Pikna from throwing herself at Shaza as the pod closed. He didn't like this, not at all and it showed on his face and in his posture. He managed to listen quietly as the Shatong gave him instructions before leaning in.

"She had better be alright. Do not test me." He growled quietly before turning and walking out with Pikna.

Pikna for her part was practically hyperventilating at this point, her lungs gasping for air as she started having an anxiety attack. Dalnr took the little girl and quickly went to a secluded spot where he sat down and placed her across from him. "Pikna, it's alright, please breath." He said soothingly as the Krahn continued to shake.

"Sh-Shaza's gone though! She's hurt and I should be there with her! You should be there with her! She c-can't be alone! We need to go back! We n-need to!" She managed, practically hysterical now.

"Pikna!" He said loudly, causing the girl to gasp and look up fearfully. "Pikna, you need to calm down." He said much more soothingly. "You're going to hurt yourself or maybe even another. Shaza wouldn't want that, and I don't either ok? Now, I need you to take a deep breath." He said, taking the breath with the girl and letting it out with her. "Good, now again, and again." He repeated this multiple times until Pikna calmed down, then picked the girl up and started walking off towards his village.

"It's ok Pikna, I promise." He said quietly, letting the girl down as she began to squirm again.

They walked awhile, Pikna silent the whole way before she started talking again. It took another hour and a half to reach the village including the boat ride, but when they got there Pikna had at least got some of her happiness back. She was off the boat quick enough, but Dalnr stopped her from running off and kept her close. He led her off to the same building as before and entered. Again he asked that the children be nice to Pikna, but she was already off with Sheyli again, learning a new game.

Dalnr left the hut and turned to the nearest guard.

"There is a small Krahn in there. She is under my protection and I vouch for everything she says or does. She is to be afforded the same respect as any cub. Keep her safe, and if something happens take her to my house then find me. I'll be in the hall." Dalnr ordered before turning and moving off to the hall where he knew a lot of work would be waiting.

For the most part things seemed to be going as normal, no ghost like beings showed up, the teleporter pads where inactive and jammer remained active. Pikna learned a few new games with her friend things seemed fine, just missing Shaza but other then that a normal day now.

That was till a frantic Shatong guard though his armor had a number of spots that clearly had been shot. When he finally got to meet up with Dalnr he seemed to relax but only a little "Shaza's pod..... was intercepted by the rebels sir. Out of jammer range they showed up.... had to be at least 20 of them through there own teleports, they killed 4 of us, I and one other ran to let the colony and you know......" he said sadly.

Meanwhile with the rebel Krahn "We got the.... thing sir. Supposedly the Shatong leader is in it. No sign of Pikna but rest of the mission done." he said as they stepped off the teleporter pads Shaza's pod behind him "It was lightly guarded, number of losses on our side but we beat them. Where should we leave this thing?"

Dalnr was in the meeting hall when the runner came in. He listened to the runner right up until he said that he had run to get help, at which point Dalnr snapped. Quicker then any living thing had a right to be he had the messenger lifted and slammed against the wall with one arm, his other raised with claws extended. He didn't even speak, a red haze filled his vision as his anger once more took control. His muscles tensed as he pulled back to deliver a death blow, but a hand gently took ahold of his arm just as he was about to make the kill.

"Dalnr, stop this." The elder said calmly, pushing Dalnr's arms down seemingly without effort and making him release the messenger. "He did his duty, and you need to do yours. That doesn't include killing this one." He gestured and the messenger ran off as quick as he could. "Now, do your duty as chief." The elder said before walking away, still as calm as ever.

Dalnr took a breath and turned, heading back outside towards one of the huts and entered after a small knock. A few quiet words were spoken and the female Kas-Mah smiled and nodded before Dalnr left and went back to where Pikna was.

When he entered Pikna saw him almost immediately and ran over, giving him a hug.

"Dalnr! I didn't think you'd be back so soon, I just started playing another game!" Pikna said happily, pulling on his claw to lead him over to where Sheyli still sat. Dalnr followed and knelt, careful to keep his face neutral so as not to alarm Pikna or Sheyli.

"Pikna, I'm glad you're having fun, but I need to talk to you." He said quietly. "I have to go on a hunting trip, and I just found out that Shaza is going to be very busy after she wakes up tomorrow. I'll only be gone a few days, so I asked Sheyli's mother and she said it was alright if you stayed with her." He explained.

Sheyli laughed and hugged Pikna, chattering excitedly, but Pikna had her thinking face on, evaluating this new information.

"Why did this just come up now, especially when she's asleep?" She asked.

"I don't really know what happened over there Pikna, all I know is I got a call saying she wouldn't be available for a few days. The hunt I forgot completely about, it's a tradition that has to be honored." Dalnr hated lying to Pikna like this, hated the fact that he was using her trust against her, but he knew that telling the truth would gain him nothing. Pikna had almost caused herself to pass out when Shaza was put into the pod, what would happen if she found out that her mother might be dead?

Pikna seemed to accept this after a couple of moments and nodded, coming over and hugging Dalnr.

"Ok Dalnr, but come back soon." She said, her face pressed to his stomach.

"I will Pikna, I promise." He said, giving her a hug back along with a squeeze before letting to and leaving the hut.

He went to the trackers hut and picked five along with a specialized rifle and armor upgrades. Then he ordered five of their best to follow him before he left and went to the communicator and opened a channel to the Krahn city.

"This is the leader of the Kas-Mah so listen close. I don't care if you only have the barest idea of where they are. I want all possible locations where the rebel Krahn might be hiding. I don't care if its where they take a crap or if it's just some place where they snapped a twig. Give me the locations. They took my future wife and I will get her back. Help and you raise in my esteem, refuse and I am pulling my troops out of the city. You can fight with the rebels over the remains for all I care. Now give me the locations." He hissed angrily into the comm before waiting for a

"This is the substitute head speaker for the Krahn goverment. We read you Dalnr and we've gotten similar communications from your allies the Shatong. Where doing a search as we speak all locations and possible locations in and around the city are being done. But I admit we are not hunters in this reguard." the Krahn said before he started to say something else, but his speech was garmbled and the line made a number of strange sounds then

"Hello Dalnr, we know you'll be coming for us, we know you most likely can hunt us. Do know we can detect your presents around our..... locations even if we can't see you. Now, we know you want your future wife back. But, there's a price to get her back. First, have 16 of your crystal riftles, both settlements teleporters and jammers, and last but not least, Pikna in a bundle. Bring all this and you'll get your girl friend back." the voice said "Your Krahn friends, got the location data to bring it all. We'll know if you brough your colony's teleporter or not too Dalnr, Hewke out!" then the line made a number of strange sounds as it was released

"Hello? Dalnr? what's going on? We got our computers displaying location data."

Shaza remained unaware in the pod as her body was being healed but out side a few of the rebel Krahn looked at it "Your sure she's in there?"

"Yes she's in there!"

"All I see is a..... fleshy sack like.... thing."

"Shut up, inside is the Shatong leader, pretty nice looking females of her kind as well."

"Think anyone would mind if we cut the pod open?"

"Are you mad? She's healing in there."

"Healing over what?"

"I don't know."

"When she steps out then what?"

Dalnr started to respond, his sight already turning red, but was stopped as the line shut off. He punched the wall angrily and turned already getting ready to pull every available hunter to him and assault the position given. Something stopped him though, and he turned, thinking instead of giving in to his blood lust.

He knew that Shaza wouldn't want him to negotiate with Pikna, not that he was considering it to begin with. That being said he also needed a way to get to Shaza without her being hurt, which meant a plan of some kind. For the life of him he couldn't come up with one though. It was true that the Krahn had sensors that could detect his people even if they were cloaked so there was that. They also had vantage points in the air, so hiding was difficult even if they could make it past the sensors. He cursed again, unsure of how to precede. It was true that he desired his peoples culture and technology to move forward, but that didn't mean he understood that technology any better then they did.

Dalnr turned once more to the communicator and set up a secure channel before calling the Shatong.

"I'm sure you've heard about Shaza by now and that's why I'm calling. I don't understand technology like the Krahn's. I don't know how it works, I don't know how to fool it. The Krahn have already confirmed that my hunters cannot approach even stealthed without being detected, so I'm asking you, do you have any ideas on how to get Shaza back without meeting their demands?" He asked.

Back at the Shatong colony a researcher reseived the call and inserted his tail to answer the call the building was getting. "Where still studying the tech, thanks tot he rebels providing lots of data though we have been able to speed up research on a number of things, one being sensors. Fooling them maybe easier then thought. Infact I already have an idea, bring a few cloaks and I might have something for you. cloaking only disperses your signals and visual emissions eating up the light to prevent others from seeing you while acting like a smooth small stone in a river. If we can we might be able to alter that to give your hunters Krahn signatures. It won't work visually as for that we'd need hologram tech which we've only seen one device of Pikna's, but scanners could be fooled." he explained " As for getting Shaza back unharmed..... honestly they don't know how to even contain us..... she might get out her self when she awakes." he said "We might have a way to improve your cloaks but I doubt with in the time you want though." he admitted.

Shaza's pod was moved further into the out post facility, a few of the rebel Krahn wanted to shoot the pod and get the Shatong out that was inside. But doing that risked damage to there leverage. Once in place they lowered a jail like door with energised bars. "Does our leader even know we pulled off the kid napping?" One guard asked and other shrugged "Might."

The other guard shook his head and went up to the communication terminal "This is out post 3 to head, we've got the SHatong leader, might be able to use her to get the Kas-Mah leader under our control as well. Once we have them, both races will have to bend to our will to keep there leaders alive, and there for keep them out of our fight for the capital."

(Their cloaks are hologram technology of a sort like you said, they bend the light around the armor, making the person see what's behind the cloak.)

Dalnr thought hard for a moment, quietly contemplating what the Shatong had said before finally reaching a conclusion.

"Alright, go to the Kas-Mah in your village, ask for two sets of their armor. When they object, tell them that I sent you, then say 'the wind heralds the storm, but the silence is what kills." He said. "Get back to me as soon as possible if you come up with something, Dalnr out."

He hung up and punched the wall again, once more thinking hard.

He couldn't count on a miracle from the Shatong anytime soon, at least not in the time-frame presented, but maybe there was another who could help. Get turned back to the comm and sent a quick transmission to the rebel Krahn stating that the requested items would take two days to pack up and deliver to the specified location. He didn't bother waiting for a response, instead ordering that the teleporter and jammer be loaded as quick as possible. He also told the Shatong the same, but told them to wait and pretend to be having difficulty with taking it down.

That done, Dalnr turned to his stalkers, nodded, then turned towards where the Krahn capital was and began to run, attempting to reach the only people that might have a solution for his problem before it was to late.

((Right, Shatong don't know that though))

The researcher nodded and getting 2 suits he went back tot he research facility where they began work. when they got Dalnr's message they where some what comfused as they never set the thing up anyway, matter of fact it was kind of in 2 peices now instead of one. But they agreed and slowly began to reassemble it. However as Dalnr made his way to the Krahn capital the Shatong where assembling a rescue team as well though the part that would look the strangest to most was, none of them had any armor, or weapons. Once the team was assembled word was sent to the Kas-Mah that all they needed was the location data and they'd be there.

((Grah, writers block atm))

Edited by little lost dragon

The communications operator who recieved the Shatong message relayed it to Dalnr who gave the go ahead.

"Shatong force, Dalnr recieved and acknowledges your plan. He can be there within three hours if you need him, but also asks you to remember that they can detect whether you have what they asked for or not. If you have a way around this then please let us know and he will follow it gladly." The Kas-Mah said before ending the transmission.

Dalnr meanwhile was nearing the base of the city when he found a huge, perfectly round clearing cut from the woods around where the floating cities base would touch if it were to be low enough. Armed teams patrolled the area, but didn't seem to mind Dalnr or his companions as they entered.

A Krahn came forward from the center and greeted them cheerfully.

"Hello! My name is Fuila." The female said happily. "We are honored to have the great warrior Dalnr here once more. Tell me why you are here and I will assist you in any way I can."

"I need to speak with your leader immediately." He noticed her taking a breath to begin speaking and stopped her just as she was about start saying no.

"Don't test me Krahn. My people and my allies have died defending your city. We still help you defend your city. Your leader is on my beck-and-call if he wants our continued support. So, make the call and send me up." Dalnr snarled.

The Krahn was exuding the same scent that Pikna gave off when scared, and was already on the comm.

"He says he'll meet you." The frightened Krahn said, gesturing to the teleporter.

A few moments later and Dalnr stood in a bright room with the Krahn leader who gestured for him to follow.

"Hello Dalnr, I here you needed to see me?" The Krahn asked politely, his voice calm even when facing the large and very angry Dalnr.

"Yes you can help me! Shaza has been taken by your rebels and I cannot get her back without giving up the tech you gave us, my cultures weapons, and most importantly, Pikna. You already knew this though and I don't have time to play games."

(Would you like to RP the Krahn leader for me?)

((Sure))

The Shatong replied saying they can't give detail thanks to not knowing how the Krahn are learning of there so things where being kept hushed for now till they knew. But that if all went well he'd have a hopefully nice suprize of support. Along with the word 'mimic' at the end before communications where cut.

The Krahn leader closed his eye's and sighed "Dalnr for one calm down. No plan will be decided on in a rash like manner. You want your future wife back and the Shatong want there leader we understand that. Don't forget we know how losing something feels." he said before opening his eye's "The Communication and the location data that we got where in close proximity a number of miles to the capitals west. Now as for a plan I just learned of this whole thing as of a short few moments ago and 99% of us don't run like Pikna does." he said before looking at Dalnr directly "However I might have an idea. But you'll have to trust us for the first part. We have a number of the rebels armer from prisoners, we give those suits to a trained group of my troops, they infiltrate the enemy facility and disable the security before you head in to get her back." he said though due to lack of experience in such matter he completely over looked the how the troops would get in with out pass codes or keys.

Dalnr bared his teeth under his helmet when told to calm down, but managed to not rip the Krahn in half. Instead he listened to the plan as presented before nodding.

"Fine, it could work, but don't you think they'll notice a group of supposedly captured Krahn just showing up? Won't they want proof that you are who you say you are?" He knew that the Krahn in front of him hadn't thought this through, and he also knew that the prisoners would give up the information willingly.

"Do you have a way to get that information or do you want me to do it?" Dalnr asked after a few moments.

The leader looked at him a bit blankly before nodding "We do have ways to get information. All we need to do is link to there helmets and we can get the info directly from there minds. Though the helmets need to be ones from the prison though..... we don't know if they...." he paused seeing Dalnr's body behaver "Uh well..... seeing as this involves one close to you, I suppose you wish to do it your self?" he asked

A guard lowered a energy based saw to the pod and began to try to cut in. Though as soon as it began to cut the pods outer layer began to harden at a suprizing rate till eventually only burns where being made on the pod. "Huh, blasted thing has a defence system." the guard muttered before grabbing another tool

Dalnr glared at the Krahn and followed him to the prison cells. The minute a cell was open, Dalnr was inside with a Krahn held off the ground in one hand while his other arm showed the energy blade that unsheathed from his gauntlet.

"I know how much your culture likes to learn, so here's a fact. I slaughtered over 150 of your kind by myself, mostly with these blades. They go through your exoskeleton like butter and cook your insides." He growled, bringing the blade close to the rebels face.

"Tell me everything about your camps, your security, numbers, pass codes, everything."

The Krahn gurgled a little and gasped as Dalnr loosened his grip slightly.

"No." The Krahn gasped. "I'll never betray our leader."

Dalnr bared his fangs in a smile and turned to walk to the next cell, dragging the Krahn along with him. When he entered he looked at the rooms occupant then held up the Krahn again.

"He wouldn't tell me what I wanted to know." Dalnr snarled. "I advise you learn from his mistakes." With that Dalnr drove the blade into the Krahn's gut. After a couple seconds he kicked the dying Krahn off his blade and turned again to the new one.

"Tell me everything, codes, population, security, anything you can think of for your little bases."

The Krahn seemed to shrink, but didn't seem willing to talk yet, so Dalnr reached down, grabbed the it's arm and neatly sliced off a finger.

The Krahn started screaming immediately, and didn't stop until Dalnr grabbed it again and lifted it.

"Tell me or its a wing next!" He roared, already reaching for the appendage.