little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

Shaza nodded taking a few deep breaths "Sorry, such creatures, I'm used to the normal which is they start to bit sniff nip, normally means your going to become food. I've never grown up with a pet beyond ones like Aera." she admitted "I'll adjust though." she assured him as they went. "We'll need to put his toy's away every night, otherwise they will degrade far quicker then they should, there not living creatures them selfs so the homes cleaning and feeding process will see it as matter to digest rather then clean." she admitted "But so far with the fact neither of you have displayed negative effects to the cycle Taule will be perfectly fine." she explained before they entered.

She watched the pup move around going into every chamber and sniff about. This home would thrive very well at this rate, lots of matter to clean and use as fuel that the family would bring in. A Shatong home dies with out occupants that head out.

She nodded with a smile as Pikna told it no for chasing Aera. "Sounds just like a child, teaching them not to cheeep!" she yelped eye's wide again as she spun around to see Taule had nipped the tip of her tail that he could reach. He saw it as a dangling toy from how the 6 eye's looked at her tail tip that was not raised. "No Taule." she said sternly and firmly again.

Taule for his part seemed unperturbed by Shaza's scolding and instead wandered off to play with Pikna and his toy.

Dalnr smiled a little and hugged Shaza. "They're very sweet once you get to know them." He said.

"I have work to do though. Middays almost here and I need to go meet the volunteers. Pikna, stay here alright?" He said, watching Pikna nod and go back to playing.

"Alright, off we go." He said, leading the way out of the house and to the center of the village.

Six Kas-Mah stood around looking nervously around them as though expecting to be attacked at any moment. When they saw Dalnr they came closer and went still as their leader took a breath.

"I'm not going to give you a speech." He said quietly, looking each Kas-Mah in the eye. "All I'm going to say is thank you for trusting me and by extension my judgment. I won't tell you the benefits because you already know them. Instead I will tell you the risks... This is a surgery. The Shatong will cut into you and change things. You will be asleep so you will not feel a thing, but that doesn't mean there isn't risk. I am the first person they tried this on. You will be the next batch. Anything could happen during this, from deformities to death. I don't know and neither do the Shatong. Even if you make it through, you will be down for a few weeks. You will be tired, hungry, and you will hurt. It will take time to get used to the change. I need you all to consider this information now before making a decision. You are all brave, and I commend you for even considering it. But now is the real decision. Neither I, nor anyone else will look down on you for not going through with this. It is asking more then I have any right to. So, take a few minutes and think about your answer. If you want to back out, you may leave without any loss of honor. For those who wish to stay, please wait here for your name to be called."

All the Kas-Mah got nervous at this talk, each one eying the rest as they considered his words. None moved however, and a Shatong came out and led a young female into one of the surgery bays. The rest were shown in quickly after this, and then it was time to wait.

Shaza nodded and hugged Dalnr back "He's much like a child." she commented before nodding. She watched him leave before looking at Tuale and decided to try something, She tried to whistle. However Shatong mouths are build differently from Kas-Mah, whistling for a Shatong is impossibly, however she did make a very odd screech sound as she attempted suprizin her self as well. She blinked and tried again, still making the strange screech she stopped "I suppose whistling is not my thing." she admitted.

Mean while inside the main waiting chamber of the medical facility a few Shatong where doing check up scans on the Kas-Mah as one explained the things they should know about. "After the surgery you will be placed in a restoration pod for a while. This pod will aid your body's in recovering as we are essentially extracting a portion of DNA that you've lived with all your life. Dalnr is the only one so far we've seen do this, so we are assuming your going to look similar to him. But at the same time there are no promises. The blocking DNA might of prevented the younger ones from achieving the evolution, or one might have another look to them. Either way we don't know exactly what will happen." she explained, her shiny black scales with a while underbelly explained.

"However we can promise that what ever happens, you will survive and won't live with deformity's. Should any show up we will deal with them right away before you even wake in the pods." she said to assure them.

"Alright we can do 5 at a time tops but we'll only do 4 at a time, leaving one chamber for emergency's." she said before nodding to the chambers "So the first 4, enter a chamber and we'll begin." she said with a nod before heading back into hers.

Once it started it went a lot like Dalnr's time. Kas-Mah opened up main organs secured, scan and extract DNA and surrounding blood vessels replacing the blood vessels with substitutions. And once the DNA had been extracted they where closed up again before moved into a restore pod before another was shown into the chamber.

Fes sighed and closed his eye's before walking into chamber 3 for his surgery. Getting a quick good look at the females in the facility, he could see how Dalnr fell for Shaza.

The waiting was terrible, made all the worse because he couldn't do anything in the meantime. His people, the ones waiting for their turn, needed him to be there for them, and that meant sitting there with them as the surgeries took place.

Each one took about an hour and a half, and all were successful, until finally the last Kas-Mah was placed in a healing pod.

"How long will they be out?" Dalnr asked the supervising Shatong as the last pod closed with a hiss.

"Hard to say, but if they're anything like you, then probably six hours or so. They'll need plenty of bed rest afterwards, but they should all be up to full capacity in about a week."

Dalnr nodded at this and watched the pods for a moment.

"Alert me if anything changes or when you are ready to take them out of the pods. I want to be present." He said as he nodded again and returned to Shaza's place.

The puppy seemed to have tired himself out and was sleeping in Pikna's lap, twitching now and then as he dreamed.

"The surgeries are over, no complications." Dalnr said as he sat beside Shaza with a sigh. "I wish we didn't have to wait so long though, it's like waiting for a fight, but at least then you have some control over the outcome. This... This is just seeing what happens and hoping for the best."

Shaza nodded and placed a hand on his shoulder "But they got you to look to and our assurance, which I like to think carry's some weight." she admitted "I was getting status reports the whole time." she admitted "My kinds silent communication, few others we've come across say its like a chemical telepathic link. Does not work though with other races." she explained before leaning back "Tuale seems to be adjusting to here nicely, the damp soft floor hardly fazes him, nor does the moistness." she admitted before moving her tail so they could see her tail tip "But the little guy loves to try and nip my tail." she said eye's narrowed at her own tail tip "Had to tell him twice after you left." she said before looking at Pikna "But he's slowly learning, tuckered him self out playing with those large toy's. Never seen anything play.... quite like that." she admitted

Dalnr chuckled and watched the pup sleep for a few moments.

"They were predators a long time ago. Playing like that with their brothers and sisters was how they learned to fight and survive. The swamp isn't a forgiving place, especially for easy meals like them. The choice is to either learn quickly or be eaten. They don't have to worry about that sort of thing any more, but the instinct to play rough is still there. He'll settle down as he ages, but for awhile he'll be doing what he did today, bounce around and try to play with anything that moves and some things that don't."

As they watched the pup stretched out in Pikna's lap, it's mouth opening in a wide yawn before it found a new position and fell back into its deep sleep.

"Wish life was as simple as eating, playing and sleeping." Dalnr said with another chuckle. "Make things a lot easier." He looked at Shaza and smiled at her, then leaned close and kissed her. "I love you." He whispered, giving her another kiss before relaxing against the wall and closing his eyes.

Shaza smiled and nodded putting a arm around Dalnr kissing him back "I love you too." she said quietly back her eye's looking into his soft and loving. "If life was all that we would have never met though." she pointed out before looking at the whole family "While its been..... a very rough ride, with out is, Pikna might still be trapped in a research lab and the Kas-Mah would remain a static race. And while I can't wait to get off this forbidden prison of a world, I am glad that I met you both, I lost one family, but gained another. With each loss, there's been another pro, I don't know how we've kept it up, but we have." she said smiling at them both.

"Now here we are, family growing, and for once able to relax together, with out the worry of duty to cut into our time for now. I'll be sure to save this memory in the homes data banks." she said with a nod.

She glanced at her womb area before looking at Dalnr before grinning. she laid back against the wall before inviting him to move on to her, if he did his back would be on her belly head just above her breasts and legs along the underside of her tail. She was large and wide enough for Dalnr to do so and such cuddling was normal between mates of the Shatong.

((Females normally the dominate ones in Shatong species))

Edited by little lost dragon

"Oh I know that my life is better for having met you. But sometimes you have to wonder what it's like living a simple one." Dalnr said with a small shrug. "I don't regret anything though, and don't ever think I do." As they lay there, Pikna herself had rolled over in the corner, Aera and Taule curled up against her so that there was a small pile of sleeping forms. Dalnr could feel himself drifting off as well, and eventually fell asleep.

(Kinda don't know what else to do now...)

Shaza smiled cuddling with Dalnr in her arms and nodded. As her family drifted off to sleep she sighed. She thought she was making the right choices. But even still, she was still unsure with her self. She still remembered the nightmare she had of waking up to war with the Kas-Mah, she had one about war with the Krahn, and they are in conflict with the rebel Krahn,

She nuzzled Dalnr's head and closed her eye's. Enough worry, time to enjoy the peaceful time, who knows when they might get to do so again?

Mean while in a rebel Krahn out post a officer came in holding a report. Clicking and buzzing he said "Sir, our spy in the Shatong settlement has gone silent, and there's no sign of the party that was sent out to retrieve Pikna. Scouts.... the ones that make it back report the patrols have been devided into smaller but more frequent groups in the perimiters of both the Kas-Mah and Shatong settlements. Last out spy told us, the Shatong where going to do something with the Kas-Mah living near by them. This might work in our favor if we where to..... inform the other Kas-Mah village some how. Create more of a strain on the Shatong." he reported.

The Krahn in charge, a huge male easily a time and a half bigger then the reporting officer, took the report and looked it over carefully, then nodded.

"Mark the team as KIA, if they haven't returned from trying to recover Pikna, then they won't return in the future." He said mildly, facing a map as he spoke.

"Assume that our spy has been captured as well, and therefore useless to us. As to your idea, it's not without merits. Increasing tension between the two sides could benefit us in the long run, but it might hurt us as well. We need to make sure that whatever we tell the purist Kas-Mah, they will act on it. We must get them to fight each other, because of we do that then our dear Capitol is left without competent military in control. No Shatong, no Kas-Mah, just Krahn." He said, nodding to himself.

"Alright, gather images of whatever the Shatong are doing to the Kas-Mah and find a way to get them to our spy in the Kas-Mah village. They will show it to the purists and I'm sure that will provoke some kind of action."

The officer nodded "Right away sir." he said as he put in data in his data pad as he turned to carry out the orders.

Once he was at the small communication hub he contacted the spy in the main Kas-Mah village. "I have some info for you to inform your leader of this time. Shatong are experimenting on the Kas-Mah living near by them. I'm sending you the data we got before the spy over there was captured. With the villages leader now geneticly under the Shatong's control she's through him placing orders for 'volunteers' to under go the process as well. Might be aiming to turn them into there own troops with no will beyond what there ordered to give." he said before sending the data "I'm pretty sure you and your leaders would want to know this and will want to do something about it." he finished off saying through the communication hub to the spy.

((Saw your newest thread, guessing this one hit that point for ya?))