nlechoppa

Potatoes

Haha, that makes it sound like the potato is a famous person.

Mashed potatoes with all kinds of sauce actually tastes good.

I made the potato cake linked above, just to see what it was like. The cake itself is very moist, quite dense, crumbles if you so much as look at it and was awkward to get out of the tin, but it tastes good, and you'd never know there was potato in it. The icing is lovely if a bit hard to spread because it was quite thick and I wasn't sure how to thin it out a bit. . . Maybe I made it wrong. . . It's nice though and I don't feel weird after eating it so I think that counts as a success xd.png

My dearly beloved partner loves potatos... I'm quite fond of them, but...

But I guess there's time for oven baked young potatos with a dip made of ricotta, garlic and various herbs! And maybe there will be some young onions too and tomatos baked along...

Anyway, these can make many perfect dishes, starting with pancakes and never ending... biggrin.gif

You know, it may be nine in the morning, but I could really go for some scalloped potatoes right now. Mmmm.

You know, it may be nine in the morning, but I could really go for some scalloped potatoes right now. Mmmm.

It's 9am right now for me, and I'm makin' mashed potatoes because I just got such a cravin' for them. Went to the store to get 'em so I could have the good stuff instead of just pulling out the box o' flakes we've got.

I should probably have gone to bed instead, but man mashed potatoes out of those Yukon Gold ones is really freakin' delicious.

Making me really want to eat potatoes...

They're delicious, though I think I went a little too heavy on the milk. Ah well~

I made mashed potatoes before and it was yum! I ate half of the huge pot before I was full.

I need to make German style potato salad again. It's been a while since I last made it.

Well, the bump worked...

Potatoes are AMAZING.

If I had to pick a staple to live on, it would probably be potatoes. (Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew). Points to anyone who gets the reference.

Don't know if this happens to anybody else, but I have to say "potatoes" before I can say anything else in an Irish accent, or it fails miserably. laugh.gif

Our school has a day called Potatoe Day where they give you a potato cut in half and you can put butter, bacon, sour cream, cheese, or fake bacon on it.

Tonight with my dinner I had a baked potato with butter, sour cream, and pepper. Yum. :-)

I tend to dip french fries in any sauce that's there.

(Jennie your avatar was my old one so I went like What? I didn't post. xd.png )

Am I the only one with a love of tinned potatoes? Seriously just open the can, put butter and salt on them then microwave o-o it's amazing.

Addendum to all the posts about potato cake, potato desserts, and potato flour: Spudnut doughnuts are made with potato flour. When I was a kid, Spudnuts were just about as well known as Winchell's doughnuts. I had perhaps as many of the Spudnut doughnuts as I did of the Winchell's.

I also love potatoes cooked just about any way possible, and I love to try potato types that are new to me. I would love to go to South America and try other potato types.