DragCave Wiki

Dragon Cave Wiki

On my page there, whenever someone gets the chance could they change the avatar to http://signavatar.com/30693_v.gif ? Not sure if rotators work on that site but my avatar is a rotating one so seeing only one of the images bugs me. tongue.gif Not a big deal though.

I don't believe this is possible on wikia. If you want all your avatars there, I'd recommend letting people know which images are in your rotator, getting all of them uploaded to the wiki individually, and then mentioned on the wiki page as a list.

I figured. :P I thought they had to be reuploaded so an image rotator wouldn't actually work unless they used that somehow.

It's not really a big deal, though, so I'm not really all that worried about it. It's just a minor annoyance.

If someone feels like updating it, though, while doing some other updates or whatever, these should be all of them:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I don't think I'll change my avatar for quite some time. If anything all I'll do is add a few more things to the rotator. xDD Hopefully it wouldn't be a wasted effort!

I was just browsing through the wiki with random page, and came across this page. What do the Cs and Ps after spriter names stand for? I was just really curious.

Also, the moderator pages look like they haven't been updated in a while.

I was just browsing through the wiki with random page, and came across this page. What do the Cs and Ps after spriter names stand for? I was just really curious.

I know I'm not a Wiki Admin, but I think I can answer your question smile.gif

The "P" stands for how many pages that person is listed on the Wiki (for example, which spriters did which dragons, what holiday events they sprited etc).

The "C" stands for subcategories a person might be listed in (ex. "Prize Dragons" is a subcategory, and within that subcategory are more pages)

Hope that answers your question! smile.gif

BTW, I just wanted to say to the wiki admin, you guys do an amazing job keeping the wiki updated with the new releases! I always check the site if I need help identifying an egg description/want to see the whole of the new releases biggrin.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I was sharing the holiday event timeline with another user and I noticed that "Christmas" is misspelled for all of their respective events. It's spelled with an "H."

Where can we find the coding to put the DC wiki button in our Siggies? I've been looking and I can't find it anywhere sleep.gif

Sadly it's probably right infront of me and i'm missing it, but that tends to be normal for me xd.png

(Nyastara here)

Where can we find the coding to put the DC wiki button in our Siggies? I've been looking and I can't find it anywhere sleep.gif

Sadly it's probably right infront of me and i'm missing it, but that tends to be normal for me xd.png

Do you mean this button? If you do, then I can sooth your nerves, the code wasn't posted anywhere. wink.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

[URL=http://tiny.cc/2f3jxw][IMG=http://i58.tinypic.com/1o21iw.jpg][/URL][URL=http://tiny.cc/lh3jxw][IMG=http://i60.tinypic.com/1603f2q.jpg][/URL][URL=http://tiny.cc/c33jxw][IMG=http://i60.tinypic.com/nznblt.jpg][/URL]

@ All: Sorry for the absence... I'm back now... I was resurrected from the dead, and now I would like to kindly ask you to deliver me your brains. Thank you for your attention. I whish you a zombilicious day! biggrin.gif

Edited by DragCave Wiki

I have given up on using the wiki pretty much entirely because it usually manages to lock up my computer to the point of needing to restart. I think it is the ads more than anything. Today it was some video from noclip that just tried endlessly to load and wouldn't even let me scroll on the page or do anything. I gave up in disgust, but I really wish that something could be done to make the wiki more friendly to my poor little laptop. sad.gif I guess I will have to resort to Adblock and see if that helps.

Edited by purplehaze

There is nothing that the administrators can do when it comes to ads on the wiki. Ads are something that will be on Wikia because it brings them money. Individual users can block the ads but blocking ads on the entire wiki is something that won't happen.

Yeah, I really know that. I just felt a need to vent after 3 attempts to look up some specific information on the wiki yielded 3 computer restarts. sad.gif

After having similar problems like the ones you're experiencing, I'm always using Adblock on the Wiki. Therefore I can releate to your desire to let off some steam. wink.gif But as Midnight-Skyline already said, we can't really do anything against the ads...

Maybe this can be a little help:

When you go to http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Preferences to the section "Appearance", you can choose between the following options:

• Show all ads
  • Don't show all ads

Yeah, I really know that. I just felt a need to vent after 3 attempts to look up some specific information on the wiki yielded 3 computer restarts. sad.gif

If it's any help: I think if you ask for specific information here in the thread, someone is sure to help you out? smile.gif I know I would. In fact, if you need any particular information, you're welcome to PM me and I'll try to get you it ASAP, though I suspect that's not so useful since during the week I only have a narrow window of time that I can dedicate to Dragon Cave. xd.png

Okay TJ released new dead egg sprites! Meaning: we could use your help. wink.gif

You can either contact us when you have dead eggs on your scroll, send us links to dead egg you've found or upload them to the wiki with the correct naming scheme: breedname_dead_egg

Your help would really be appreciated! wub.gif

(I have a dead Almandine Pyralspite egg on my scroll, as I notice you don't have that one yet.)

But here's actually what I came here for:

I have recently begun editing the wiki, as some of you may know. I've come across several outdated pages, some of which could be updated and some not. What do you do when you come across a page that, for example, is about rescuing eggs that were sniped on AP trading? As that mechanic is gone, would we need to change it and say that this no longer exists? Or would we delete the page? Thanks.

For those who want a smaller Wiki banner for their sigs, I had made this simple one quite a while back:

user posted image

[url=http://preview.tinyurl.com/yetost8][img=http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/schoolchat/wikiban.png][/url]

Edit: Nyastara, could both the banners available be added to the first post with their corresponding code boxes too?

Edited by bluesonic1

Hey there folks,

a new wiki joined the Dragon Cave Wiki family!

It's a dutch wiki and Shadania the admin of this wiki would love to get some help. We gave it a basic set up yesterday (design, some templates etc.) but there's still a huge amount of work to do.

So to all people who're dutch or are quite fluent in dutch, it would be fantastic if you could give Shadania a helping hand. The more the merrier. wink.gif

@ bluesonic1: The banners and code boxes have been added to the first post. smile.gif

@ Meg_752: I think renaming could help, like "Old AP trading" we could put those outdated articles into a "DC History" (thank you Ruby Eyes for this idea) category.

There is any italian DC wiki?

EDIT: May I try to create one?

Hello there Naruhina_94,

nope at the moment there's no italian DC wiki in excistance, but I would be thrilled if you'd want to create one! The more wikis the merrier. wink.gif

I know you've already been in contact with MisunderstoodDreamer - (Wiki Message Wall) (PM) and I think she's the best contact person for you in this case since she's italian as well. smile.gif

Here's a link to the italian help section of the community central wiki where you can also find how you can start a new wiki. (If you need help with uploading all images of the dragons feel free to contact me via PM)

Edited by DragCave Wiki

Hi awesome wiki people!

Just wanted to let you know about a grammar mistake in the Day/Night glory pages

In the "feature box" (the bit with the picture of the dragon in it at the top of each page on the right hand side), the italics below the image for day glories and night glories says:

Egg hatches into a Night Glory, if it's catched or bred between

"catched" should be "caught".

Thanks!

Hi awesome wiki people!

Just wanted to let you know about a grammar mistake in the Day/Night glory pages

In the "feature box" (the bit with the picture of the dragon in it at the top of each page on the right hand side), the italics below the image for day glories and night glories says:

Egg hatches into a Night Glory, if it's catched or bred between

"catched" should be "caught".

Thanks!

I fixed it. happy.gif

Though you can also fix things like that yourself when you come across them. happy.gif That's what makes it a wiki. Right next to the page 'title' there's a button labelled Edit. While it'll prompt you to register, there's really not much to the process - and you can edit other wikia pages with the same login from that point onward.

Hi all,

On the front page, under Dragons --> Subtypes there is both "DC Drake" and "Drake". The content for the "Drake" page has been deleted, but the link in the menu remains. I can't do the edit myself because the front page is protected (which is fair enough)

Could someone with more permissions than me have a look please?

Thanks!

The habitat of Sunrise/Sunset dragons on wiki says: Alpine, Coast, Desert

However in the encyclopedia it is: Alpine

Is it a bug?

I think they used to be dropping in the coast and the desert, but they don't anymore.