DragCave Wiki

Dragon Cave Wiki

I miss “Which Egg is Which?” I still google for that. It is so simple, worked great for years, always at the top of the search engine results.

Players want to know “Which egg is which?”

Just because one person thinks it is best to change it, doesn’t mean it works best for the majority of the user base.

The page could be titled “Which Egg is Which?” with a subtitle of “Egg Identification Guide.” Searching for either term should direct users to the page.

@missy_ For me, if I mouse over the headings at the top of the page, the Dragons heading has a dropdown that includes that page, so there is no need to search at all. I don't know if it works that way on all browsers and all devices, but it works for me on Firefox on my laptop.

Just now, purplehaze said:

@missy_ For me, if I mouse over the headings at the top of the page, the Dragons heading has a dropdown that includes that page, so there is no need to search at all. I don't know if it works that way on all browsers and all devices, but it works for me on Firefox on my laptop.

Hi purplehaze, I am usually on mobile devices (although it depends). So, not using a mouse. Even with my laptop, my standard configuration is trackpad only, no mouse.

It’s always been easiest for me to google “which egg is which dragcave” but usually I don’t even need to add dragcave and it comes up as one of the top results. I also have bookmarks, but they aren’t always handy. To clarify, I do not mean searching within the wiki. I mean searching on Google, which then takes me directly to the page.

I do see what you mean, once I am on the actual wiki. I can tap and it shows up. Being impatient though, and not really caring for fandom (advertisements, overly busy, intrusive tracking) my preferred method is to go directly to the page I’m looking for.  I do not go to the main fandom page for dragon cave and then navigate from there to various pages.

It should be easy enough to put both phrases on the webpage, using one as a header and one as a subheader.  There are many DCers who will always think of that user-friendly phrase, “which egg is which?”. Hopefully this can be considered in the future.

If the concern is "Searching for either term should direct users to the page" I don't think there is anything to worry about.

I searched the phrase "Which egg is which" in a couple search engines, using a fresh browser so it wouldn't be contaminated with my usual traffic. Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo all return the egg identification guide as the top result, with Yahoo returning it as the second result. Adding "dragon cave" or "dragcave," all returned it as the top result. Searching the phrase on the wiki's search bar will also direct you to the identification guide.

A redirect was left behind, meaning any existing bookmarks or links to the old article name automatically route through to the article.

Is the Wiki down? When I try to log in, it gives me a white screen with only "connection failure" as a message, even though my Wi-Fi is perfectly fine.

7 minutes ago, FarawayCreatures said:

Is the Wiki down? When I try to log in, it gives me a white screen with only "connection failure" as a message, even though my Wi-Fi is perfectly fine.

I am getting a 503 error message -- service down.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am getting a 503 error message -- service down.

Yep, looks like something's going on. I don't get the 503 error, but the message is pretty much the same, hehe.

I'm new to the forum, but I have been using the Wiki for quite some time and I just wanted to thank the community for this very helpful and pretty site !

First post in this topic got updated.

• The links for the dutch and french Wiki were removed since they sadly no longer exist.
  • RinasaurusRex (Stromboli on DC Forums) was added to the Wiki Team list
  • Broken links and images for the wiki signature were renewed.

Hello Dragon Cave Wiki friends, today we're pleased to announce @0x08 has joined the wiki staff as a content moderator!

Thank you Backspace for volunteering for this role!