DragCave Wiki

Dragon Cave Wiki

I can't see the difference in your post either, Pred, but its undeniable in your photo.

For curiosity's sake... can you see a difference in my screenshot?...

user posted image

I checked a file comparison website and there is a difference between the two pngs, but I don't understand enough about how computers display images to understand what it actually is XD

Wow, wtf. Your screenshot shows 2 Brown looking Nebs to me. (A picture of your picture xd.png ):

user posted image

Since this seems to be MY problem, and not a problem with the Wikia, I'm going to stop posting in here. I am going to see if I can figure out what my problem is.

Someone else had a similar issue to this before, it's related to both the file information and how a specific browser or monitor views the page, the full discussion with the user can be found here.

I've updated that hatchling sprite using the current site's file, see if that hopefully resolves the issue for you predatorfan4ever smile.gif

I noticed the newer dragons aren't listed on the Avatar Breeding page.

Yes, this page has been neglected recently due to the Elements system that was set up on both the site and the wiki, which now allows us to predict and know the Avatar produced by simply knowing the mating dragon's elemental affinity. It's possible this page may be removed in the future as a result, this will need to be brought up for discussion. You're more than welcome to keep it up to date though!

I wonder what wikia is up to again. On certain pages I'm getting the page as usual for about a split second, then I get redirected to a page saying this:

Page cannot load

Possible reasons why this is happening:

There is a network connectivity issue.

One or more of your browser extensions (e.g. ad blockers, script blockers) is interfering with the page.

How to fix this:

Try checking your network connection and refreshing this page. If the issue persists, try turning off one or more of your browser extensions and refreshing the page again.

I get this on the DC wiki main page, Dragon Types, Currently Being Released, "page not found" and probably others, too.

I do *not* get this on individual dragon pages or dragon category pages like the DC Drakes.

I will NOT disable my browser security, are they nuts?!

Eeek. I tried disabling Adblock Plus on the "Which egg is which" page, didn't help.

I hope Wikia didn't join the "which of the 10 - 50 domains from which they want to load scripts do I have to whitelist in NoScript so I can see the page's content" trial-and-error game that half the internet is playing, because that game is NO FUN. dry.gif

Edit:

I just removed nocookie.net from my NoScript whitelist (i.e. it is blocked now), and now I can see the page.

(Removing/adding wikia.com and wikia-beacon.com doesn't seem to make a difference.)

I wonder why I had whitelisted it though; I think it was necessary to see some content on Wikia...

Edited by Confused Cat

Looks like nocookie.net is required to load images, e.g. on the Dragon Types page ...

The box on Currently Being Released refers to new breeds and events, so what's the rule on other new DC features, like Ward for existing white dragons and vampire stuff? Same wait period?

The box on Currently Being Released refers to new breeds and events, so what's the rule on other new DC features, like Ward for existing white dragons and vampire stuff? Same wait period?

Updates are usually featured as part of an event, and when they do, they fall under the scope of the specified events in that first notice.

However, an extra notice was added after this main notice when DC's birthday event started reminding users about updates that are part of events:

Please remember that creation rules apply to events and any new updates that events bring- please keep all new information to this article only until it can be processed for release on the rest of the wiki.
Edited by bluesonic1

Will the new prize codes for 2017 winners eventually be updated to the wiki (if shared/known)?

That would mean 60 codes per month to be entered blink.gif

The zyumorph entry only has the black version, and doesn't say which is to be found in which biome. Would it be possible to add that information, please?

The zyumorph entry only has the black version, and doesn't say which is to be found in which biome. Would it be possible to add that information, please?

Check the 6 biome buttons above the "Official Descriptions" header. wink.gif

There: https://abload.de/img/wiki-zyumorph2ysd4.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Will the new prize codes for 2017 winners eventually be updated to the wiki (if shared/known)?

Honestly I don't think they should. It's an exceptional amount of work and I really feel it's not appropriate to have that information on the wiki in the first place.

I wasn't around for the original discussion on adding the codes to the wiki, and I never did find if one was held, so my understanding was they were collated there as one of the wiki admins had a particular affinity for collecting prize dragons.

Question: could the "Rare" descriptor for Golden Wyverns perhaps be altered on the Wiki? I and all other players I've talked to find them to be only uncommon.

7 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

Question: could the "Rare" descriptor for Golden Wyverns perhaps be altered on the Wiki? I and all other players I've talked to find them to be only uncommon.

The wiki goes by the forum standard and in terms of this, Golden Wyverns are still indicated as rare by the Rare Trading Bazaar on the forum. You're more than welcome to bring up a discussion about this though, and in particular I'm aware that many dragons under "Uncommon" require a revision discussion as well, which can be added to your discussion list.

I don't think you can start a thread here about this, but you can on the wiki's Discussion board forum. You should be able to post there as a guest- if not, send me a PM and I can get the thread started where I know guests can then definitely comment on/reply to. I'll add the link into this post too!

24 minutes ago, bluesonic1 said:

The wiki goes by the forum standard and in terms of this, Golden Wyverns are still indicated as rare by the Rare Trading Bazaar on the forum.

This one hasn't been updated in ages though. The offsite discussion board for this has been closed as well, so don't expect any input from there.

I strongly suggest you do not take their list for infallible.

(I don't see GWs in the Rare Trading Bazaar, btw.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 08/01/2018 at 9:14 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

This one hasn't been updated in ages though. The offsite discussion board for this has been closed as well, so don't expect any input from there.

I strongly suggest you do not take their list for infallible.

Oh really? That's a big shame, I figured it was somewhat-regularly updated as those threads need to be posted a-new every so often (once the thread gets filled with posts). Hmm in that case I think a discussion is the best way forward, as it usually is on wikis, I haven't gotten a PM but I'm pretty sure guests can create threads on the wiki forum so registration isn't needed? Normally I'd offer to host these myself but I'm just so strapped for time lately, I feel like it would be ignored if I hosted it. If no one has made one by the time I'm free again though, I'll take the initiative from there.

2 hours ago, bluesonic1 said:

I figured it was somewhat-regularly updated as those threads need to be posted a-new every so often (once the thread gets filled with posts).

They just remove old posts but keep the trading threads, as far as I know.

Hooray, I can't log into wikia. "There was an error processing your request. Please try again later." *shrugs* Could do it as a guest, but I prefer not to.

edit: apparently I needed to permit cookies for www.wikia.com - yay for CLEAR error messages. :dry:

edit edit: Is that thread what you imagined?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

22 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

They just remove old posts but keep the trading threads, as far as I know.

Hooray, I can't log into wikia. "There was an error processing your request. Please try again later." *shrugs* Could do it as a guest, but I prefer not to.

edit: apparently I needed to permit cookies for www.wikia.com - yay for CLEAR error messages. :dry:

edit edit: Is that thread what you imagined?

Yeah along those lines, thanks! Didn't think you'd do all the dragons though, that was fast. I think the primary issue, last I checked, was many in "Uncommon" and a possible few in "Rare". The common ones *should* be accurate as many of them had to pass through Uncommon first when being released.

Link to Wiki Thread! No registration is required to reply, voice your thoughts- the more the merrier :)

2 minutes ago, bluesonic1 said:

Didn't think you'd do all the dragons though, that was fast.

I took them from a spreadsheet I made for myself XD Basically a very condensed collection of breeds, body types, biomes, elements, and striped colours.

Perhaps this has been suggested before, but I think it would be great to include each dragon's lineage tile on their wiki page. That would benefit those of us who like to plan out lineages; right now it's difficult to estimate how two breeds' poses will match. (Alternatively, if there exists a lineage viewer that displays tiles the way DC main site does, let me know :D)

2 hours ago, Aie said:

(Alternatively, if there exists a lineage viewer that displays tiles the way DC main site does, let me know :D)

Most lineage viewers take the codes of dragons to display their possible pedigree. Problem is that the API doesn't tell the breed, and the lineage tiles get their file names shuffled every couple of hours or so (probably to prevent hotlinking them offsite), so I don't think it's possible for a lineage viewer to display DC-style lineages without breaking rules (e.g. reading the HTML instead of the API information of a dragon).

I guess that leaves only an offsite storage like the wiki - not sure about image rights though?

40 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I guess that leaves only an offsite storage like the wiki - not sure about image rights though?

I was thinking about making a lineage planning tool with the actual lineage tiles and I asked if that* was allowed, and I think I was told I'd have to get every artist's permission, so I abandoned the plan.

I don't even remember where I asked though, and it was years ago, so I have no idea how to find the actual post.

(* = hosting the lineage tiles on my site to use them in the tool.)

Edit:

Ha. Found it. I was wrong about the answer, I just never got an official one.

Edited by Confused Cat