DragCave Wiki

Dragon Cave Wiki

Here comes my (Nyastara's) super short reply:
  1. Added new aticles for the Glaucus and Howler Drake.
  2. I didn't add them to the "which egg is which" since it's currently sorted by "rarity" and I don't think that 4 days are enough to properly define their rarity. (please contact if you don't agree smile.gif )
  3. Ahh, why doesn't it show me that there are new posts in "Fan Sites" sub-forum?! Baaaaad forum
  4. Lets come to the answering part + explanation why some sorting options can't be done.
@ SilverStreak: Rainbow sorting would require lots of coding, which I'm not really that proficient in and I also don't know if it works on wikia. wink.gif

@ Naruhina_94: What do you mean by "* 2= with a little link to all BSA dragons"? Do you mean a link to the "breed specific actions" aricle or to every single BSA dragon? blink.gif

You know that some dragons would appear in more than one section? Like the Two-headed Lindwurm, which woul get sorted in the "Two Headed" and "Lindwurm" section.

If I get that correctly with my tired brain, you prefer serperate tables which are sortable instead on one single table.

@ Ruby Eyes: I always appreciate your competent answers! (not just in this topic but in others as well) Thank you. smile.gif

That's how it is:

Read these sentences with emphasising the bold words: wink.gif(my great grandmother had this in her wallet and read it while she was shopping)

Do I really need this?

Do I really need this?

Do I really need this?

Do I really need this?

Do I really need this?

Complicated/ not possible/ hard to code/ time consuming

• Rainbow Sort: requires lots of coding plus I'm not sure if it works on Wikia. (Complicated/ not possible/ hard to code/ time consuming)
  • DC Breed Sort: Would require another collum where dragon are listed by their breed sort name (we already have their "normal" names added, therefore could sort them alphabetically ... do we really need DC breed sorting?) (Complicated/ time consuming)
  • Rarity: Since Dragon Cave doesn't have an official rarity system and the user defined rarity system is constantly changing, it would also need to get constantly updated. (that's why we currently only have three rarity categories on the wiki "Common", "Uncommon" and "Rare" even when there are some sub rarities like "extremely common", "very common", "very uncommon", "very rare", "extremely rare". Sorting them by these sub-rarities requires a lot of time since you need to keep up with every single dragons dropping rate which gets determined by how much they get bred and are sought after etc. . I personally can live with the three main rarity categories [common, uncommon and rare], but I hope you understand, that I also have a RL and even when I already spend a lot time working on the wiki, that's where I draw a line.)
    • Sorting by the 3 main rarities: (manageable)
    • Sorting by sub-rarities: (Complicated/ very time consuming)
Easy to do/ manageable/ easy to update
  • Sortable Table: (Easy to do/ manageable/ easy to update) - Sample Sortable Table (not always the correct rarity. I just played a bit around and checked if two sortable tables on one page work.) ... hmm the table looks very crowded .
    • with one single sortable table:

alphabetical: (easy)

rarity: (easy)

features/BSA: (easy)

body types: (complicated) - since some dragons sort with more than one body type (coppers -> metallics & wyvern)

• sorted by body types with sortable tables:

alphabetical: (easy) - but you can't get an alphabetical list of all dragons just of the ones from this specific table.

rarity: (easy) - but you can't get a rarity list of all dragons just of the ones from this specific table.

features/BSA: (easy) - but you can't get a feature/BSA list of all dragons just of the ones from this specific table.

body types: (easy) - since dragons which sort into more than one body type can be added to the according tables.

• Alphabetical: (Easy to do/ easy to update) - no extra sorting options
  • Body Types: (Easy to do/ easy to update) - no extra sorting options

Ok, let's explain my point xd.png

1= Do you mean a link to the "breed specific actions" article?

Yes. Trios is seprated from other dragons right now, but they have nothing more than a BSA, so why are they alone and not with the other dragons? I understand that they are the only species that are able to summon another dragon, but their section could be more "completed" with a link to the breed specific action article, since they main trait is that they are BSA dragons.

2= You know that some dragons would appear in more than one section? Like the Two-headed Lindwurm, which woul get sorted in the "Two Headed" and "Lindwurm" section.

No, in my idea they don't. I've sorted them by their main trait, what keeps them different for the users and the "biologic system" we have on DC. Radiant Angel are Eastern, but first of all are Holiday dragons that cannot breed themself for all the year except a little week before valentine. This is their importance on DC smile.gif

Two headed are two head. Tthey cannot breed with other dragons. They're main trait is this, even if they're also Lindwurm, but this is a sub-type of Two Head.

3= If I get that correctly with my tired brain, you prefer serperate tables which are sortable instead on one single table.

The thing that I would love the most is a way to customize as you prefer the dragons you see by sorted them as you like. I understand that this is too much code working, and maybe even too heavy for the site, so nope. ^^

If the sorted system proposed is like this one where you can order food/dragons by healt (rarity), Hunger (body type) and Sanity (Holiday) for example than I wouldn't like it.

I was not proposing something so different from the previously tables sad.gif

I just meant that they should stay right as they were, adding some more tables (mainly pigmy, two head and drakes) ans move some dragons in a different group, that's all. smile.gif

Okay, since I received so many requests to undo the rarity sorting of the "Which egg is which" page I re-sorted it. Eggs that share a description are listed they way you're used too. (I received those requests not just in this thread, but by PM and e-mail too)

Thanks for listening :D and all your hard work!

I find the page much more usable now.

I personally don't think we really need multiple sites/articles for multiple sorting options for the eggs. (feel free to contact me if you disagree :) ) Therefore rarity sortig got completely removed.

Having a separate rarities list could be really helpful for, as bbik said, assessing trade values, and it could be as simply formatted as rarity headers with text links to breeds in alphabetical order, no other info besides breed names with a link. I would imagine it would be really hard work to get all the rarity stuff updated with not only new breeds but changes in the cave, but if the info is all there already (my observation was that people tried to keep the wiki updated with rarities regularly, but I could be wrong!) why not use it? I also am probably underestimating the extra work just maintaining one more list could be. So just ignore me :) Personally if it came to one or the other I vastly prefer the way it is now since other places do have information about rarity, whereas the "which egg is which" page is, from what I could tell, the go-to place for description info. So thank you! :)

Edited by diaveborn

...it could be as simply formatted as rarity headers with text links to breeds in alphabetical order, no other info besides breed names with a link...

Perhaps categories are the best approach, in that case. They may need to be updated frequently for some dragons, but at least it's not repeating information multiple places and asking for it to get mismatched that way.

Yeah, and the categories sort themselves, basically. Only the dragon's own page would need to be changed then to reflect the current assumed rarity.

Hey there folks,

yeah I know this is a last minute notice...but I'll be on vacation from April 12th - 26th. I read all your replies but please bear with me, my flight to Tenerife goes in a few hours an where I live it's already 1:50 in the morning. *needs sleep* (we need a tired smiley with a coffee mug xd.png )

I'll reply to all of you when I have the time to come online.

Stay awesome!

(Nyastara here from the sunny island Tenerife)

Short notice:

As TJ announced in this topic "A Notice Regarding Staff" he took care of the situation.

Even when I personally don't like/tolerate the stuff which this person said, I don't want a witchhunt on the Wiki, therefore I don't want to see any links to blogs, screencaps, etc. (concerning this whole issue) on the Wiki.

No, this is not meant to silently burry this delicate topic, but I don't want to give it a platform on the Wiki plus it doesn't belong there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Nyastara

Can version history be deleted using your admin powers, too? (I'm not sure how much admin permission the wikia portal grants)

Added more information to the "Trivia" section on the FoE - 2014 article as well as the according eggs. smile.gif

I think it would be nice if there is a page dedicated to Alternative Sprites.

I've often seen that many users call black sweetlings ALT, which they are not excactly... I would like a page were is explained why ALT Black and ALT Dark Green are different from RED/GREEN Nebulas, COLORED Striped and Holiday CB spriters.

A note should be done in this page even for Day/Night Glory Drake and Sunris/Sunset because they have the same egg and a different dragon at the end.

A page were it is simply explaiend how from the same egg could born two different dragons and why some of them are ALTs and some not.

PS: How is the dragon types sort working? I would really like to see it more divided in tables.

COMMON SPECIES of Lindwurm, Amphitere, Sea serpent. Wyvern Two Head, Pigmy and Drakes should have their own table. in my opinion.

Holiday, ALTs and Hybris should stay by their own, sorted like now.

Hi smile.gif Sorry for the double post, I just want to say that GoN is still listed as an Unbreedable dragon, with only 2 per scroll limit. I would like if it could be moved in the same table of the Trio.

I think they should stay togheter <3

I would like to see even the new Avatars with them. It would be a nice way to keep them distinguished from the other common dragons.

Someone named Kreepers has made changes to the Undine and TJ09 pages that needs to be undone.

If that is something I could have fixed, I don't know how.

Edited by Paradiso

Someone named Kreepers has made changes to the Undine and TJ09 pages that needs to be undone.

If that is something I could have fixed, I don't know how.

If you look at the history tab of each page, there's an (undo) link next to each revision. (I think it only shows up if you're logged in, though.)

I went ahead and fixed it. Thanks for the heads-up. smile.gif

Is the WIKI now up to date?

I found it missed some "new" dragons like Blue-Banded Dragon... Never mind if you are busy x3

Thank you for telling me this. Never mind I'm not in hurry. That was just because I was going through the lists and wanted to pick my next LC pairings. I'll keep waiting then. <3

Hi!

I've noticed that green and yellow Undine are set togheter on the Dragon types list. I truly think that yellow Undine are a rare ALT avaliable ONLY trought breeding and only TJ can have them as CB.

I strongly suggest to move the yellow ones in the table with ALT black and ALT Dark Green, they are TRUE ALTERNATIVE. Until someone will hath a CB yellow Undine I think that it should be consider like an ALT black.

Also, Black Sweetling don't look as an ALT for me, because there are CBs of them and even if they're avaliable with breeding they're also scroll locked. They are a replacement, a gift worths like an ALT spriters. I suggest to move it with GoN, since is a scroll locked dragon.

I'm also waiting for a reply about new dragon types custom sort. I will repost my thoughts about it smile.gif

I think that DC's number of species is big and can be expanded anytime with our imagination. Let's say for example that a faerie dragon could be add and create a new breed.

Actually in the dragon types page there are the follow big groups with many sub-section:

Common/Uncommon Dragon

All normal dragons, pigmy, two head and draks togheter (alphabetical order)

Rare & Special Dragons

Common Dragons' Alts

Hybrid Dragons

Legendary Trio

Metallics

Prize Dragons

Scroll-Bound Dragons

Unbreedable Dragons

Holiday Specials

Valentine Dragons

Halloween Dragons

Christmas Dragons

Non-Dragon

Leetles

Chicken

Dinos

Spriter's Alt

Holiday Dragons' Alts

Prizes' Spriter's Alts

Discontinued

(frilled and old pink)

My new dragon types's sort is:

Common/Uncommon Dragon (all tables are alphabetical order)

Western

Eastern (none)

Wyvern

Amphitere (Skywing and Sunsong)

Sea Serpent (water, red finned tindal, deep sea)

Traditional Drakes (Mint, waterhorse, water walker)

Two Head

Draks

Pigmy

Rare & Special Dragons

Hybrid Dragons

Common Dragons' Alts (alt black dark green and yellow undine)

Legendary Trio (maybe all BSA dragons should stay togheter?)

Scroll-Bound Dragons (Black Valentines should stay here)

Metallics

Prize Dragons

Unbreedable Dragons

Holiday Specials

Valentine Dragons

Halloween Dragons

Christmas Dragons

Non-Dragon

Leetles

Chicken

Dinos

Spriter's Alt

Holiday Dragons' Alts

Prizes' Spriter's Alts

Discontinued

(frilled and old pink)

This is basically a mixed version of the current dragon types and the dragon sub-types section. It still have a classification based on rarity, but is also more detailed about species and sub-types, which is great. The subtypes section mixes holiday dragons with normal dragons because is based on the species. I agree with it, but it's also quite confusing, so we need a middle way!

It also makes think... do you realize that we have NONE common eastern dragons? I think this is a big lack for the game.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Could someone who edits the wiki make a small adjustment to the 2013 Halloween event for me?

House of Magnificent Marvels <------- For this, I did the entrance text. I purposefully didn't ask for a contributor's badge, but it'd be cool if I could be listed on the wiki for the entrance text. (The text for the actual marvels is listed/credited appropriately. I did the scene setting for the tent). You can use my scroll name: DragonMaiden.

Please and thanks!

On my page there, whenever someone gets the chance could they change the avatar to http://signavatar.com/30693_v.gif ? Not sure if rotators work on that site but my avatar is a rotating one so seeing only one of the images bugs me. :P Not a big deal though.

Also, I, for one, would appreciate it if the "DC-Drakes" were changed to just "Drakes" and the "Drakes" category already there were called "Wingless Westerns", or just combined with "Westerns", due to most of the (recent) discussion in this thread. On DC, the only "drakes" we have are...the drakes. Ochredrakes, etc. I believe for most this causes confusion when some of the dragons are classified as something DC doesn't officially recognize. Most users even said that the Wiki was the first place they *ever* saw such a distinction about drakes. While I realize the Wiki isn't *technically* official, it would be nice if it tried to act like it as much as possible (which it does, for the most part, except for that huge fiasco).

Also, just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you guys do <3 I've thought about joining but haven't yet.

Edited by edwardelricfreak