TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

(Why three eggs at once, why? ...And then they turn out to be like Terrae, with one kind of adult sprite and multiple egg sprites, and then we've all been trolled.)

I think that all of these new release features - releases each month, this massive release, releasing dragons with a large set of sprites, mixing the old eggs back in quickly, etc, are an attempt to extend gameplay.

For a long time people would make the legitimate complaint that they didn't feel there was much to do between releases. And when there were releases they'd come, stock up on what they needed, and then be on their way again. But the new way that releases are happening changes that by setting up a situation where people will most likely have to collect new breeds over a period of time instead of in one go and then boredom.

I think that because we use to be able to get more collecting done during the actual release, this seems super frustrating because it feels like we're not getting to achieve what we should be achieving. But I really think that things have just been shifted so that filling out a collection is a longer term project.

I'm putting my bet on forest, seeing that the url for Coast is #1 and Desert is #2. Has anyone picked up a forest variation of these yet?

I've picked one up on both forest and Alpine and they (I believe) are both the middle egg variations. Coastal I've picked up two of the right egg variations and the Volcano's was the left egg variations. That's what I was seeing at the moment. ^^

Bah. I lied. I haven't gone to sleep. (*scolds self*). But I can't help it; I gotta see these guys hatch! (S2 crack, hooray!)

And yeah.

Green - Ocean/Jungle

Orange - Alp/Forest

Brown - Desert/Volacano

(Correct me if I'm wrong...I'm very sleepy.)

Thank you very much for the tip. laugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm just starting. ^^

Bah. I lied. I haven't gone to sleep. (*scolds self*). But I can't help it; I gotta see these guys hatch! (S2 crack, hooray!)

And yeah.

Green - Ocean/Jungle

Orange - Alp/Forest

Brown - Desert/Volacano

(Correct me if I'm wrong...I'm very sleepy.)

Same here. I'm thinking about fixing something to eat while I wait for them to hatch!!!!!

Froze a hatchie so I had room to pick up one last egg. Now I've got one of each color.

I've picked one up on both forest and Alpine and they (I believe) are both the middle egg variations.  Coastal I've picked up two of the right egg variations and the Volcano's was the left egg variations.  That's what I was seeing at the moment. ^^

Alright, thanks for the info! I'll be stalking the forest then, as soon as one of my eggs hatch.

* Pokes ER egg * Hatch faster! I need space for the next hourly release!

Edited by Woof123Albinos

^^No problem.

Hah. I spelled volcano wrong. Oh welps. Come on TJ-eggies, hatch! I need sleep! It'd be really neat if these are Easterns.

Yikes... I already see some VERY YOUNG Coppers in the hatcheries!! D: WHY?!

Well, someone added mine to most of them earlier, so you can't rule out that as part of the reason.

It's weird, because I took them out of most places they were, but there was one I couldn't find because the stats kept going slowly up. But since I was planning to be on the computer for a while, I figured I'd let them build up a good base of views and then fog them as soon as they got sick. But they're actually doing well, and this will help them hatch exactly on time so that I can get some of the last days eggs.

Wow - 3 new breeds at one day.

It's a bit heavy - only take 2 Eggs each day of this birthday event.

So I have to do a lot, if my eggies will hatch.

Hope tomorrow there will be only 2 eggs tongue.gif

Bah I dislike this mixing up - misclicked sad.gif

Edited by Sitamun

Great, 3 egg spots and 3 misclicks ... Somehow I prefer the "pure" releases where the whole biome shows mostly the new breed on day 1.

Well, someone added mine to most of them earlier, so you can't rule out that as part of the reason.

It's weird, because I took them out of most places they were, but there was one I couldn't find because the stats kept going slowly up. But since I was planning to be on the computer for a while, I figured I'd let them build up a good base of views and then fog them as soon as they got sick. But they're actually doing well, and this will help them hatch exactly on time so that I can get some of the last days eggs.

even then i would keep a close eye, theres been a few problems of view bombers listing eggs from other peoples scrolls onto sites making eggs sick or die.

Great, 3 egg spots and 3 misclicks ... Somehow I prefer the "pure" releases where the whole biome shows mostly the new breed on day 1.

i agree, very annoying if your clicking happy to snag some.

I'm only planning to get one of each color for now... Hopefully day 6 is another hybrid to give me more time to get a pair of each.

even then i would keep a close eye, theres been a few problems of view bombers listing eggs from other peoples scrolls onto sites making eggs sick or die.

Yeah, I'll fog them when I leave for the night, because whoever did this was viewbombing and meant to kill the eggs. They posted them to AoND, Silvi's, EAtW, Valley Sherwood, Egg Drops Soup, and whatever place I can't find.

Can't say they weren't dedicated. laugh.gif

Yeah, I'll fog them when I leave for the night, because whoever did this was viewbombing and meant to kill the eggs. They posted them to AoND, Silvi's, EAtW, Valley Sherwood, Egg Drops Soup, and whatever place I can't find.

Can't say they weren't dedicated. laugh.gif

i know they have a list of the sites on dragoncave wiki. check those?

dragoncave wiki click sites

Urgh... you wanna kill me, right? v.v

Oh well.... who cares for a life anyways. ^^"

*floats off to the cave*

this makes me uncomfortable enough to hide my scroll. :|

It's weird, because I took them out of most places they were, but there was one I couldn't find because the stats kept going slowly up.  But since I was planning to be on the computer for a while, I figured I'd let them build up a good base of views and then fog them as soon as they got sick.  But they're actually doing well, and this will help them hatch exactly on time so that I can get some of the last days eggs.

Lol, I think somebody added my whole scroll somewhere before I caught my one red copper, then updated to include it.

I've fogged the youngest two that got Sick, but my eggs due to hatch in two hours are effectively getting ERed early, not that they needed it, lol.

Would like to add that it sucks that making things more challenging for fast catchers makes things impossible for slow people who depend on the hammer/click in a Flood to catch anything at all...

Edit: and should dig up that thread from way back about having a Fog/unFog all option - we still could use that to cope more easily with silly people's petty spite, even if it likely is being expressed by one or only a few people.

Edited by Syphoneira

I've been thinking. They could be copper, but they could also be some kind of clay dragon ? There was one a really long time ago but I can't remember if it was taken off the completed list, or if TJ doesn't want that kind of dragon because he doesn't want more enchanted objects or what. Just throwing the idea out there.

I think that because we use to be able to get more collecting done during the actual release, this seems super frustrating because it feels like we're not getting to achieve what we should be achieving. But I really think that things have just been shifted so that filling out a collection is a longer term project.

Ah, but you see - the release day just might be the *only* time I have the actual potential of getting something from the cave rather than via trading.

Oh my... Is it even possible to fit in the variety of all of these new release eggs within release time without having an incubator army? =_=

-has 3 egg slots left but can't decide what to pick up-

Wow, three different eggs 8D

Catching these will be a nice challenge!