angelicdragonpuppy

AP Sorting Ideas

First and foremost, I love how the AP never blocks now. INCUHATCHIES FOREVER YUS. At the same time, though, I think it'd be even more awesome if some of the old methods that were used to keep the AP in order were brought back and coupled with the new non-blocking bit as well. Specifically:

- Showing only one egg per the person who bred or first dropped it at a time

- Showing only one egg of each breed at a time

I imagine that within each of these groups, the egg with the lowest time would sort first.

Just mentioning this because I've noticed a few days lately where the AP has been clogged by a wall of one breed all from the same breeder (thanks a lot, dump breeders e___e), which makes AP hunting less enjoyable. Incuhatchable or not, seeing 50 bred commons of the same type from the same person in a row isn't exactly an exciting hunting environment.

So... thoughts?

Please do not go back to the "one egg of each species" thing. I did not like that at all. I hunt specifically low time CBs in the AP, and it makes it really hard to do that.

That said, I wouldn't mind the "one per breeder" idea coming back.

Edited by Nectaris

I totally agree.

As to people not liking the one per breed view, maybe there could be a button in the AP that toggles you between the two views and, at least while you're hunting, keeps it at that version. [cookies or something] That way both sides are happy, and people who like different views at different times are even more happy.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Please do not go back to the "one egg of each species" thing. I did not like that at all. I hunt specifically low time CBs in the AP, and it makes it really hard to do that.

That said, I wouldn't mind the "one per breeder" idea coming back.

I'm looking for certain breeds and want a variety to choose from, so I'd rather have a limit on how many eggs show from a single breeder, not a limit on how many of each breed show.

Since a lot of mass breeders tend to breed large numbers of the same type of egg anyway, I think just limiting how many eggs a single breeder could have showing would likely take care of both problems at once.

I'd LOVE the one-per-breeder thing. It'd reduce the walls of eggs from one breeder and that'd make dealing with SUDDENLY, COMMONS, HUNDREDS OF THEM much more tolerable. And since most mass-breeders breed only a single breed it'd be two birds with one stone, for the most part.

I think one-per-species, if it's implemented at all, should be a toggleable thing. That said, I don't particularly like it and would rather not see it.

e: wow i cannot type today :I

Edited by Guillotine

I do not think I can support either of these, because sometimes I am looking for a certain type of egg, and I want to look at a few choices. If everyone is grabbing for the same egg, only having one egg would make it difficult.

As for one egg per breeder, I agree that I do not like it when someone mass breeds and spams the AP with eggs. But if a select breeder drops a few even gen beauties in there and they end up in the AP at the same time, that would affect those as well, if I understand this correctly. I would like to be able to see all of the eggs from someone's tinselfails, checkers, even gens, etc.

So I think I am okay with it as is.

I really liked when all of one breeder's eggs were in a queue so they could not flood the AP. No matter how nice the eggs are there is a limit to how many mints or horses, or whatever they are breeding today, most of us want. And if we are looking for something else it can be very frustrating.

As for one egg per breeder, I agree that I do not like it when someone mass breeds and spams the AP with eggs. But if a select breeder drops a few even gen beauties in there and they end up in the AP at the same time, that would affect those as well, if I understand this correctly. I would like to be able to see all of the eggs from someone's tinselfails, checkers, even gens, etc.

So I think I am okay with it as is.

But if they're pretty eggs, they'll probably get picked up pretty quickly and cycle through the system fairly fast. I've been scrounging the AP lately and I check the lineage of everything I nab, and I know I keep pretty things; a lot of other people probably do the same. This is more to prevent cases where someone's breeding a dozen 8th gen messy Mints (like happened a day or two ago, ahem), where nobody wants the eggs at all and they just clog the cave for ages. If someone breeds a hundred gross commons, then they'll only get one of them sitting in the AP at a time, which is well and good. Meanwhile people who breed pretty things will have them plucked up one after the other.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Well, maybe just one is too restrictive. But picking up a half dozen or more eggs at once, all from the same breeder, is a bit much.

Edited by Tawanda001

I really liked when all of one breeder's eggs were in a queue so they could not flood the AP. No matter how nice the eggs are there is a limit to how many mints or horses, or whatever they are breeding today, most of us want. And if we are looking for something else it can be very frustrating.

I agree with this, seeing a wall of eggs from one breeder makes the AP boring, especially if they have lineages I don't like or they're species I'm not fond of. Another thing I like to do is dig through the eggs for buried treasure, so I'll take any dragon with a nice lineage no matter what breed it is; this becomes less fun when twenty of the thirty species are the same.

In terms of Nectaris' point, it took me much longer than usual to find a specific species in the AP due to the one-breed-per-AP limit. I would prefer to not see that come back too.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

As long as those two can be turned OFF, I'm fine with that (because I don't like the idea of 1-per-species and even 1-per-breeder sorting). Personally I like the AP as it is now.

And also, I see nothing wrong in mass-breeding. Sometimes I breed all my CB Metals to commons (that's around 100 breedings, a lot of which end up in a common egg which I abandon). Do I feel bad about it? No, sorry, guys. Do I think that people who breed their Mints and abandon a gazillion of Mints if they feel like it should feel bad? No.

And yes, as platedlizard said below, those walls don't last long enough to be an actual problem.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

It's my dream to one day fill the AP with so many nebula eggs that all you see are a wall of nebulas. I would be really unhappy if that was disabled. I hunt the AP frequently, something like 90% of my dragons come from the AP, and there is usually a good variety of eggs from a variety of breeds of various lineages as well as cave borns. In my opinion there is no such thing currently as an "AP blocker"--looking at the AP right now I see 13 breeds, and if I were to click on them I'd find that they were from a variety of sources. Breeding walls are VERY uncommon, and they do not last long when they do happen. I haven't seen one for months, and I hunt the AP daily.

Edited by platedlizard

I like it as it is now, but please not just one of a breed; like others here I hunt for specific breeds and like to have lots of choice. Not to avoid messies as such, but to fit lineages. Like - I may NEED a third gen rather than a second purple dorsal for instance...

(Note: Please do not send me any; I am still in the planning stages and I may go right off the idea. But if anyone can do me an exact match for this, I will be very much in your debt, and love you for ever and all that stuff xd.png)

I like this idea - especially since the AP has been clogged for a while now. However, one egg is a little too restrictive. Toggling on/off would be a good option for those who like and do not like it.

And also, I see nothing wrong in mass-breeding. Sometimes I breed all my CB Metals to commons (that's around 100 breedings, a lot of which end up in a common egg which I abandon). Do I feel bad about it? No, sorry, guys. Do I think that people who breed their Mints and abandon a gazillion of Mints if they feel like it should feel bad? No.

This. When I had just started keeping track of my dragons, I wanted to pair all the CBs up - and had to make sure they didn't refuse before actually noting them down. And so I bred every single CB pair I had. xd.png

I didn't feel bad about it - in fact, I felt pretty satisfied (either because I had blocked the AP and was wearing my trollface, or because I now had a pile of CB pairs. Not sure which one). I find AP walls nice to look at, personally (and frequent the screenshot thread because of them).

People have different views about AP-blocking, which is why I feel that the toggling and restrictions would come in handy.

The abandoned pile is not there just for picking up gorgeous accidental auto-abandons and pretty bred eggs. It's there for anyone to abandon whatever they want. I think of it as a junkyard, not an expensive yard sale.

The abandoned pile is not there just for picking up gorgeous accidental auto-abandons and pretty bred eggs. It's there for anyone to abandon whatever they want. I think of it as a junkyard, not an expensive yard sale.

xd.png

This. I do too, actually. But you can find gems in junkyards at times !

As to people not liking the one per breed view, maybe there could be a button in the AP that toggles you between the two views and, at least while you're hunting, keeps it at that version. [cookies or something] That way both sides are happy, and people who like different views at different times are even more happy.

+1.

please give us additional options, not restrictions.

But junkyards aren't a collection of a single person's junk. If I'm digging through the AP junkyard, I want to find junk from more than one person.

You guys, I think there's an obvious way to give people options and not restrictions: a dropdown box with filters, like what scrolls have. For example:

Filter by:

Show all

One of each species

One of each breeder

Someone can probably word those better, but it's an idea, yeah?

Unfortunately, it seems that with it showing more than one egg per breeder, after the few minutes it takes for the handful of pretties to be picked up, we are then left with many more eggs from one breeder who has chosen to breed tons from a breed that is not as popular.

Toggling would be nice, but I'm not sure it would be practical or even code-able.

I do LOVE that the AP never blocks the cave and I now feel I have more freedom to hunt between the two whenever I the chance, instead of telling everyone "It's almost 3:00! Leave me alone for about 5 mins. ok? I need to do something on my computer." lol!

I would really like to go back to one per breeder. The way it is now, I have to wait around forever for those to be picked up before a few more new selections pop up in the bottom line. If no one wanted the first ones that came through, they are unlikely to want the other 10-20 of the same.

And one per breed would be very restrictive if you were looking for something specific.

However, how about a combination/compromise:

One per breed per breeder?

So, if someone has breed 100 of just one unpopular dragon, only one of those would be in the AP at one time. If they were to breed 100 of something more popular, like Reds or, say, Tinsels, then they would continue to up for everyone that was there as quickly as they were grabbed. However, if they were those all something less popular, then there would be only one sitting around, but that one unpopular offspring wouldn't block other more popular eggs bred by that same breeder!

So if someone has bred 50 different dragons, one of each of those could be in the AP at the same time. This might actually have the effect of increasing the variety available in the AP?

Thoughts?

Edited by bantymom

- Showing only one egg of each breed at a time

Wouldn't CBs count as all the same breeder? If not, then the AP would run out of CBs pretty fast.

I don't mind when the same breeder drops multiple eggs if they're a decent breeder. I've grabbed match sets that were bred and abandoned before. This cool because to encourages people to keep up the lines and try new stuff. I've found purebreds this way, so one egg per breed/breeder would not be fun.

I am getting sick of seeing those (color) (pokemon) eggs, though! They're all thoughtlessly bred commons with hideous lines. It's the worst kind of mass dump breeding. I wish there was a way to stop people from doing that without cramping people who mass breed decent/useful dragons.

I wouldn't want to see one egg of each breed at a time unless it always hid eggs you rejected earlier. It looks like the AP only rotates when someone takes an egg. Because I can only see one of each egg I'd be stuck with seeing the same rejects. Trouble is that hiding rejected eggs would be broken: you could just reject all the ultracommons and see only rares in the AP. It probably would be worse than leaving things alone.

Honestly, I'm OK with the AP right now. Having lower time and not blocking the main cave is useful. Nothing's perfect, but this is better than we had.

Edited by injenn

I am getting sick of seeing those (color) (pokemon) eggs, though! They're all thoughtlessly bred commons with hideous lines. It's the worst kind of mass dump breeding. I wish there was a way to stop people from doing that without cramping people who mass breed decent/useful dragons.

You too?

I really kinda like bantymom's combination idea. But my favorite was one of each breed in the AP. It was so colorful.

Okay I'm about brain dead atm but what are you meaning by this?

I'd LOVE the one-per-breeder thing. It'd reduce the walls of eggs from one breeder and that'd make dealing with SUDDENLY, COMMONS, HUNDREDS OF THEM much more tolerable. And since most mass-breeders breed only a single breed it'd be two birds with one stone, for the most part.

I think one-per-species, if it's implemented at all, should be a toggleable thing. That said, I don't particularly like it and would rather not see it.

e: wow i cannot type today :I

I agree with this, it should be toggleable as I personally wouldn't like it but some people might.

Okay I'm about brain dead atm but what are you meaning by this?

Let's say someone breeds 50 messy Horse dragons all at once. Rather than the AP getting swamped and having all of them show up at the same time, it'd only display the first one that breeder bred; once that was picked up, the second they'd bred would take its place, and so on and so on. In theory it'd keep people who breed things people aren't interested in collecting from swamping the AP, while people who breed things that people do want (pretty lineages, rares, whatever) would keep having their stuff picked up and would have all their eggs go through the cycle pretty quickly.

We actually did have this in the AP for a short while, but it ended up vanishing sometime around when the AP stopped blocking.