vallay111

♥~єllєภเค~♥ {Always accepting!}

user posted image

The Toukx dodged the attack surprisingly swiftly, and dove into a shadow. Ruby felt her vision blurring, and she fell to the ground with a thud. The Toukx was in her shadow. A few minutes later, the monster leaped out of Ruby's shadow and onto Sampine, clutching the Sweetling's back tightly.

((@ animals4501;; First warning animals, even NPC's can't land blows automatically without 'attempting to. I'll give you this one, just remember not to make automatic hits or that's powerplaying.))

@ Fractional Pi Day;; Basically, unless you wish to rp them. But for NPC's like this one, basically anyone can rp them.))

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; Even with his keen eyesight, the vicious and speed of the attack from the Toukx startled him, until he felt teeth sinking into his back. A blood-curdling screech erupted from his maw, as blood began to ooze from his back and onto the ground. Flaring his nostrils, as he tried to take more air, Sampine whipped his tail through the Toukx, shuddering as he felt nothing for it was only a shadow. His vision suddenly blurred and the scent of blood seemed to get to him, making the Alternate Sweetling nauseated as he sucked in a shallow breath and jerked his head to the side, letting out a column of fiery breath at the Toukx's shadowy shape.

Edited by vallay111

user posted image

The Toukx made a screeching noise as the fire hit it. It leaped off, its body starting to disintegrate. Seeking shelter from the searing fire, it leaped into a heavy shadow, and left.

Ruby got up. Her tail had a bite-mark in it. She stared at it disdainfully, remembering that if it wasn't tended to, it would get very serious. She winced at the bite-mark on Sampine's back.

"We have to tend to these injuries, now." She wheezed.

user posted image

Glace hissed at the shadow the Toukx retreated into. They had almost got it! Now there was a chance that it would come back later and attack them again. She looked down and sighed, making little crystals of frost form in the soil. "Well, so, my name's Glace! Guess I'll be sticking around here for a while now. Pleased to meet you all." She chuckled nervously, her eyes on the sweetling's injury. "Yeah, we should...but, um...I really shouldn't even touch either of you, really. Ice dragon, and all that. Maybe I can..." She trailed off and looked away, and saw a white dragon standing beside the silver shimmerscale, who seemed to be still in the same position as before. "Who's that?" She gestured toward him with her snout.

((Wait, is Cor accepted? His profile doesn't seem to be in the character list.))

((He should be. I got an acceptance PM from vallay, she said I could post. Although you don't really know anything about him without his profile, do you? XD sorry))

Edited by Shadowdrake

((Whoopsie daises! Sorry, forgot to do that tongue.gif. Cor is now added to the list.))

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; The male Sweetling felt the release of his captor's jaws on his back, sending him awkwardly landing on his fore-paws. Staggering, he gazed around, his movements jerky as if he expected the wretched monster to come out again. A bile rose from his stomach even as he attempted to force it down. His eyes were glazed, but still wary for he never really suffered any injuries except scratches, bruises and minor cuts. Nothing too big really. Then, finally as he caught sight of the disintegrating Toukx, he finally calmed down and sat on his haunches, slouching painfully. When he finally lifted his head, Sampine smiled slightly at the Ice Dragoness before replying, "Mine's Sampine, and that white dragon is..." He cocked his head trying to remember if he even knew any white dragons before shrugging, but instantly made a quiet high-pitched whine as he stretched the injury on his back.

Edited by vallay111

user posted image

Mas and Menos watched as the others fought with the Toukx before it retreated. They would have helped but they'd never encountered a Toukx before and how do you even fight a shadow, anyway? Mas and Menos walked over, Mas feeling a little nervous.

"Hi?" Mas greeted them a little awkwardly. Menos, however, stared at the Ice dragon.

"You're pretty," he said, grinning. He felt a whack on the back of his head. He turned to Mas.

"Ow! What the heck was that for?"

"That was for being flirty again. Haven't you already learned your lesson from Stanii?" Menos stuck his tongue out at Mas.

"Whatever, spoilsport."

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Cor's eyes widened at the sound of a screech, then whipped his head around to the other dragons farther off. He tensed and watched for a moment as the living shadow fought the red shimmerscale, brown sweetling and ice dragon all at once. Where were the other Toukx? Ordinarily when he spied them hunting they came in packs. Perhaps this one had been kicked out or it was scouting for the pack.

Regardless, he flicked his staff to the side warily, wincing when the sweetling was injured. He couldn't touch the creature himself but his magic could at least repel it for a short time. To his surprise, the Toukx was driven off surprisingly quickly by the combined efforts of the dragons.

Two of them were injured, though. Cor glanced back at the silver shimmerscale and the black, neither of which had responded to him, then walked over to the others.

"Call me Cor," he said. He had heard the ice--Glace--and the sweetling--Sampine--introduce themselves, but not the red shimmerscale nor the split had given their names. He wanted to ask them who they were, but more importantly he had to deal with those wounds. He hated blood.

"Pleasant little spar you got into," he said. "You can walk, can't you? Haven't broken your back or anything?" It would be best for them to wash off their wounds before he tried healing them. Infections were the worst.

user posted image

Ruby rolled her eyes.

"I'm Ruby." She muttered. Glancing at her tail, she winced as she saw the ooze dripping from the bite.

"I can walk. All I need is for this bite to heal- left untreated, my tail could even fall off!" She said worriedly. Limping to the nearest water pool, she dipped herself in the water, making the bite feel worse- yet cleaning it off. She walked back to the White.

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; The male Sweetling eyed the white dragon as he introduced himself. Blood was still welling up on his back and dribbling down over his hunched body and dripping irritatingly onto his face. Grumbling, Sampine pawed at the blood, his back was growing numb, except for when he began moving. He already felt the air slipping inside of the wound, making it sting even when he wasn't moving. So he just stayed still and tested his jaw to see if it would make the injury hurt. It didn't, so Sampine replied to Cor, "Not sure if I can walk, only been sitting hunched over like this. I can try though..." Then he carefully maneuvered his fore-paws before shakily heaving himself up, trying not to move his back. But he failed and a jolt of agony buckled his legs, sending him collapsing onto the ground painfully. When he struck the ground, he gave out a cry of pain before his vision blurred again and then everything became black as he went into unconsciousness from the pain.

Edited by vallay111

user posted image

Mas and Menos jerked back when Sampine collapsed.

"Is he okay?" Menos asked.

"Don't you have eyes? Of course he's not okay!" Mas snapped. Menos glared at him.

"Learn to chill, why won't you?"

"You're not helping..."

"Well, neither are you!" Mas sighed and turned to Cor.

"Can you fix him? Is there anything we can do to help?" Mas asked.

user posted image

Cor jumped when he heard a crash from behind him, having turned away to look for healing herbs. He turned back and stared unhappily at the prone dragon. "Fantastic," he groused. In hindsight it had probably been a bad idea to ask Sampine to stand up at all, let alone try to walk. It wouldn't do to disturb him now however, not when he was unconscious, which meant Cor had to bring the water to him. Maybe he'd wake when he was splashed.

Ruby was mostly fine, thankfully, save for a little damage on her tail. "I'll fix you up after I clean Sampine," he told her. "You won't die from having your tail hurt." Then he looked over at the ice and split. "You two, three, whatever, go watch for that Toukx. I don't want our visitor coming back anytime soon." Hopefully it wouldn't bring friends over. The heat of battle might be over, but a healer still had to take care of others in the aftermath.

Walking over to the pool, Cor scooped up water in his paws and brought it back to Sampine, dribbling it over his back and washing away most of the blood. He did this several times, watching the sweetling for any signs of waking.

user posted image

Ruby raised an eyebrow.

"I need my tail to swim. If it is hurt enough, then I won't be able to swim, then I won't be able to fish, then I won't be able to eat..." She went on for a while.

"So, yeah, I might die if I lose the ability to swim." she remarked.

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; Darkness, everything was so black... and cold, that the Sweetling didn't even know if he was dead or not. He seemed to feel something don on his back, which was healed in this strange place. Suddenly an icy coldness swept across his back and almost in an instant he was blinking open his eyes and a headache was settling in, throbbing painfully. Something itched near his back, so Sampine twisted his head around to find the White dragon dripping water on him. Twitching his ears, the male Sweetling wondered why there was a stranger here then he remembered his back and the White male introducing himself and telling him to try and walk. Taking in a breath, Sampine murmured, "I don't think it worked." He smiled humorously, there was still an itch on his back though.

user posted image

Glace stared blankly at the two-headed dragon. "Oh." She felt a little silly, but she couldn't think of much else to say. She shuffled around and looked out into the forest again, wondering if the Toukx might come back. It had followed Ruby here, presumably, so maybe it won't try again now that it knows it has to fight several dragons...or it might bring friends. She circled the group of dragons and kept watching for any sign of the monster.

user posted image

Mas and Menos nodded and turned. They sat on guard watching for Toukx and any other predator that may come. You didn't need to walk around to watch if you had two heads.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Toukxes

((Just wanted to say, but the plural word of Toukx is Toukx xd.png))

user posted image

Ruby half-closed her eyes. She looked around, then winced as she heard the horrible screeching of a pack of Toukx.

"Well, it brought friends this time." She said sarcastically. Her tail burning, she shot a sharp look at the Toukx pack.

"I'll hide in the water. They can't even get close to me there." She said quietly, diving in the pool.

user posted image

Cor swiveled his head to glance at Ruby, then looked back at Sampine. The clawmarks looked clean enough now that they had been rinsed. When he heard Sampine mutter a remark, Cor tilted his head slightly and said, "Of course not. I'm not done yet." He grabbed his staff with dripping claws, then waved it over the damage. "Oooooooohh," he said cryptically, at the same time infusing his power into his staff. As it began to glow he swept a paw around it. A stream of white magic flowed out and into Sampine's back as he placed his paw over the wound and watched as the scales around the damage knitted together.

"It should hurt much less now," he said, "but you still want to be careful. Your wounds were pretty bad, so they might take up to a few hours to heal completely. If you rip your back open again I'll be very upset." He narrowed his eyes at Sampine in mock sternness, then snorted and turned away. His head shot up at the screeching sound. "Not again."

He bared his teeth at the emerging Toukx, then ran over to where Ruby was. "Quick," he snapped at her, "give me your tail. We can't have a damaged warrior fighting."

Edited by Shadowdrake

user posted image

Ruby held out her tail, all the while snarling at the oncoming Toukx. One, which had narrow wings and sharp horns, lunged for the red Shimmerscale. Ruby quickly took a mouthful of water and shot it at the Toukx, searing a hole straight through it. It dissolved into a shadow with a screech.

user posted image

Menos and Mas whirled around as soon as they heard the Toukx. They roared and lunged for the nearest one, their claws out, ready for ripping flesh and blood. Honestly, they were getting tired of fighting for today.

<OOC: Oh, lol sorry. I'll fix that...later. happy.gif >

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((OOC: sorry about the lack of posts, i had to rest for about a week; plus the posts keep getting shorter and that makes it difficult for me to contribute to the story.))

user posted imageuser posted image

What seemed like a century passed by the pair.

"Don't call me that," the Alternate started, opening one eye to look at the Shimmerscale "they'll assume I'm your son despite the fact that we're about the same age."

Stanii smirked and looked at the battle that passed. It was cruel, sure; but she'd wasted enough on this lot. "I'm definitely older than you." she stated bluntly, raising a brow. "Yeah; well, you definitely look younger at least." the black dragon retorted.

"Don't try to seduce me, 'Son. You know that doesn't work." Stanii tore her eyes off the injured dragons, completely unbiased by the sight until she received a solid whack on the shoulder by "Son"'s tail. "Bugger off, you." he whined. Stanii raised her own but the Alternate raised an arm in warning, saying "You can't hurt me, I'm injured!" to which she rolled her eyes and started off to the battlefield.

"You're not going on your own, Stan!" called the male, briefly lifting his head from the forest floor before letting it fall back with a weak whimper from his exposed wound.

The Shimmerscale looked back, narrowing her eyes seriously. "Well tough, because you can't really accompany me right now, little love."

Stan charged into the fray, pausing to look at the White dragon. "Love's a bit of a whiner. Please do me a favour and get him into gear." Motioning her tail to point back to the Alternate far back behind them, she then bounded into battle.

((Ooc;; @ Paarthurnax;; It's ok ^^.

@ Dream_Dragon;; You are not posting in three sentences or longer, please do so.))

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; He looked up at Cor and nodded slightly before a creepy sensation crawled up his spine, stitching back up the top-most part of his back-wound. Then he slowly began to heave himself to his paws, his back making a small protest by sending a twinge of pain down his legs but either than that he was fine... for now as he made his way to the corner where a small pool of water was made from a little trickle of water that came down the side of the cave den. Sampine watched silently as Cor went over to Ruby and asked her a question about something that he couldn't hear.

Edited by vallay111

user posted image

In a rush, Cor swept his magical staff over Ruby's damaged tail, flinching down when she shot water out of her mouth. He ignored the screech from behind him to focus on the wound as it closed up. "Not great, but it'll do," he muttered to himself. Then he said more loudly, "Tail's fixed up, Ruby!" and leaped away from the pool, closer to the others.

He glared at the single Toukx emerging from the trees and crawling towards him. "You want to fight, darling?" he growled with a grin that was all teeth and no humor. He might not have been trained in fang and claw like carnivores were, but he could certainly hold his own against some malformed shadows. "Then come on!" His vicious grin turned into a full-blown snarl, teeth bared sharply. As the Toukx lunged towards him he swung his still-magical staff at it, pleased when the white magic flung it back. It jumped back, repelled but unharmed, and hissed at him angrily. Cor hissed back mockingly, then glanced away for an instant when the silver shimmerscale spoke to him.

"Of course, that's my job--" A flash of darkness broke him off and he brought up his wings instinctively, howling when ice-cold claws sank into his left wing arm.

Edited by Shadowdrake

((Ooc;; Okay ^^.))

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; As the male Sweetling sat in the corner, taking Cor's advice as to not hurt himself anymore than he already did. He watched Cor heal Ruby's wound before trailing his gaze off to the splits. A sudden howl jolted his golden gaze away from the twin and back to a shadowy blackness surrounding Cor. Within a moment he was on his paws, but a sharp pain protested his sudden movements, making him whimper with agony until it finally settled and he was bounding over to where the Toukx was biting Cor. Snapping his jaws, Sampine growled, a flicker of light kindled in the back of his throat as he belched a tongue of flame at the Toukx, making it shriek and leap back, but the flames already hit it, making the part the hit the shadowy warped creature disintegrate Another sharp pain came from his back, making the Sweetling clench his fangs in pain as a torrent of spasmodic agony wrenched him away from Cor, making him sink his talons into the dirt as a wave of nausea swept over him. Too much movement, hurt.