vallay111

♥~єllєภเค~♥ {Always accepting!}

((Oh no! Accidentally put this on the post i did before >.<.))

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; The male Sweetling eyed the female Shimmerscale before replying, "Different as in your, antlers, your hair, and talons." His eyes were still glued to the bright shimmering antlers that protruded from the females head. Then he glanced down at her talons, then his, comparing them. With a grunt he pawed at the ground and crouched, examining them before twitching his ear as he turned his head to confront the Two-Headed dragon. "Aye, so sorry for mispronouncing your name... Menos?" Then he heaved himself to his paws and sat on his haunches, "Well, from what I've learned on this wretched planet is to avoid the nights, hunt/forage/scavenge whatever you do to eat, avoid predators, get to a shelter at nights and... oh! Ya, don't get injured." Flicking his ears to Stanii, Mas and Menos he asked, "Did I miss anything or no?"

user posted image

The silver-scaled dragon's ears twitched and she smiled back; obviously, not as brightly or merrily. "Stanii. Pleasure to meet you. There were supposed to be others; I'm not sure what happened to them." she shrugged.

This wasn't necessarily an ideal set for her. Two (apparently very different) Shimmerscales, a Two-head, a Moonstone and a mis-coloured Sweetling. How fortunate; at least they were cooperating (sort of). Something about the environment twitched like something moved in incredible speed, which struck Stanii as odd.

"Did you see that?" she asked, looking back at the others.

user posted image

"Did you hear that? Her name's Stanii, not Stan!" "She probably has three different names, Menos." "Yeah, perhaps." Stanii's voice snapped them out of their psychic conversation.

"Huh? What? No, I don't see anything?" Both Mas and Menos looked around at the same time and their heads crashed into each other.

"Watch where you're looking!" they snapped at each other at the same time.

user posted image

Stan's frown deepened. Whatever it was, it vanished far too quickly for the Two-head to register its motions.

"Don't start, you two." she grumbled, no longer focusing on them. They were certainly an interesting couple, and a rather swell source of entertainment; but were too childish to even be considered out of their hatchling stage. It was pitiful, really.

user posted image

Ruby had seen the flash, too. She snarled, ignoring the pain searing through her wound. That was Ruby, all right. Not afraid to help, even when her life is in danger.

"Show yourself!" she snarled to the thing.

user posted image

Mas and Menos looked again, ignoring Stanii's remark, Menos to the left and Mas to the right this time. "I don't see anything..." "Me neither." "Maybe it was just her imagination? Sun shining onto her scales, perhaps?" "I don't think so. If we hadn't crashed like that, we would have seen whatever it was that she saw." "It's all your fault!" "Don't start now..." "Ha! Wasn't that what your girlfriend said?" "I'm not even going to answer that." "But you just did!" Mas turned his head away from Menos wearily. He knew that Stanii thought of them as childish. Well, she wasn't the first one to think so. Back on Talion, lots of dragons that they knew pitied them for acting like hatchlings. Some even remarked that they were just all brawn and no brains. Others thought that they were just hatchlings in an adult dragon body. He sighed. It was difficult to 'grow up' when he had an annoying dragon that acted like an annoying hatchling around him all the time. He had hoped that Stanii would understand earlier but he could see that she didn't really understand why he acted so childish sometimes. "One day...someone will understand. Maybe. Or never. I should just give up already. All my life, I've never met another Two-Headed dragon and no other dragon's ever understood how it's like to share the same body with another head." He was so frustrated, he wanted to scream. All the time he was thinking, Menos just hummed a ridiculous tune that was pretty much terrible. "Will you shut up with that awful humming of yours?!" "No." Mas rolled his eyes. Menos just smirked.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Looking ahead with evident apprehension, Stanii swallowed. "We have no idea what it could possibly be. I'll go ahead and find out what it was." she said, voice unreadable.

She wasn't scared, just rather hesitant about it all. "You lot stay here. I'm the best shark bait you've got and the least important among the crew." Explained the Shimmerscale, looking downwards. It wasn't the best excuse to go in pursuit of a death wish, but it was already said; and everyone knew about what you can't take back is something that already happened.

She waited for response; it didn't matter if they agreed or disagreed, she was heading whether or not they liked the idea.

user posted image

Mas looked at Stanii, astonished. What? Least important?! No dragon said that! He was about to protest but he managed to stop himself. He could tell from the look on Stanii's face that she was determined to go whether they liked it or not. Menos, however, had different ideas.

"Least important?! But-" Before he could continue, Mas interrupted him.

"Menos, do me a favour and keep your bloody mouth shut!" he hissed. Menos shut up. He knew when Mas was at his limits.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Ruby stared, amused, at the two-headed dragon for a second.

"You may not relate to this, but I had an issue with a little brother of mine who always acted like a child. His name was Emerald, and like in his name, he was an emerald-colored Shimmerscale. He was so annoying!" She started laughing a little.

"Siblings will be siblings, even if they are the same dragon. You just have to learn to play along." Ruby added with a wink. She saw Stanii.

"Can I help you? A fellow Shimmer, different from the rest, just like me?" She asked. The pain in her wound was fading- possibly due to her ignoring it?

user posted image

"You're injured." She stated simply, waving her tail dismissively. It was a rather reasonable- reason, wasn't it?

"N' you're not the only one with an annoying little brother." She added, already padding downwards. Hopping a bit, she clung to the unnaturally massive tree, right on the bark to keep her from falling inconveniently to a gruesome death.

"Cheerio." Stanii said after a moment; that statement was rather appropriate to their situation, apparently.

user posted image

Mas stared at the red Shimmerscale for a moment, before looking away. "Did she just not call us childish? That didn't happen, right?" "Well, it did." "I wasn't talking to you!" "Well, you should've kept your thought private, then." Mas did just that. Maybe they'd been talking to wrong dragons. They usually hung out with the matured adults back on Talion, trying to fit in. They never thought about going to slightly younger dragons. "You just have to learn to play along." Mas wasn't entirely sure what that meant but he would keep that in mind. He smiled. Maybe he could actually have a chance of 'mentally maturing', after all.

Mas listened to what the red Shimmerscale said to Stanii. He would have offered the same thing but was afraid she might reject it as well, she might think they would mess things up. Which was probably true. But that didn't mean that he couldn't...a plan formed into his mind. "Menos, I may need you to be silent later. As though we're on one of our hunts." "I can't promise you anything. Why?" Mas then told Menos his plan through their psychic ability to communicate.

Seeing Stanii go off, Mas waved. So did Menos.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Ruby climbed down after Stanii.

"It's been worse," Ruby snorted.

"How do you think warriors get back home from battle? They don't just give up and let the enemy capture them, do they?" She countered determinedly.

"You'll probably need help. Although I may not look battle-ready, I really am. There's a hidden strength in these horns." She said, her sword-sharp horns gleaming.

Edited by animals4501

((OOC: Ho-ho! I don't like the sound of this, Mas!))

user posted image

"Alright. Point taken, but don't blame me for the consequences this could cause." She said nonchalantly.

"But to be fair," she paused, looking unbiased by her pride in her horns, "they kind of look rather blunt."

Landing soundly on the forest floor, she strode along the pathway. "Or maybe it's just from this angle." she added thoughtfully, still walking along the grass.

"Other topics to discuss?"

Edited by Paarthurnax

user posted image

Ruby rolled her eyes.

"They look blunt to you because your so used to looking at your..." She muttered, not sure on how to continue her sentence. She shook her head.

"I heard that you have a brother, too." Ruby said quietly after a while.

"Other than annoying, what's he like?"

user posted image

Stan smirked, but said nothing to counter.

"He was brilliant; absolutely magnificent. A bit stubborn on the side, though. He never listened to me. He's gone now." she looked upwards with a stoic expression. The last three words were spoken in monotone.

Before she could let Ruby say anything, she added "He's not dead. He's just gone. We went our separate ways. I was able to shake his hand in the end."

A noise grew as they walked, but it wasn't what they were looking for. It was the scraping of Stanii's tail against the grass, which was dragged along behind her.

user posted image

Ruby dipped her head. Her own brother, although annoying, was rather smart and quick to solve problems. She paused as she heard a clank sound, and looked through the trees to see one of her favorite dragons on Ellenia, a Scythe-tailed dragon. It was eating some berries. She padded over and said hello, and it looked up nonchalantly, then went back to eating. Ruby laughed and walked back over to Stanii.

"You ever seen a Scythe-tail before?" she asked, almost embarrassed.

"There's one in the trees right over there."

user posted image

"'Course I have, but not many. Never really bothered getting to know the land." Stanii responded, her tail still dead on the ground.

She lifted her gaze to where the other Shimmerscale directed, but shook her head in resignation. "That can't have possibly been the one we saw from such a distance." Stanii sighed, looking 'round the area and inspecting their environment for any ominous characteristics.

And 'lo, there it was. The Scythe-tail could have skittered off back into the thickness of the woods, but another figure came to sight. The exact same black character she'd spotted out of the corner of her eye.

She didn't say anything, just stood there in complete disbelief with an expression that could be mistaken for fear.

Edited by Paarthurnax

user posted image

Ruby saw the figure, as well. She put her guard up, baring her teeth and lowering her head. Listening for the Scythe-tailed dragon to move, she was puzzled as she heard a tapping sound. It was familiar; the dragon was running away.

Ruby put up even more of a guard, looking around slowly and waiting for the black thing to attack.

user posted image

Stan could not charge at the shadow, completely petrified and paralysed.

The figure approached the two Shimmerscales with impeccable speed as if it was charging towards them. The Silver-scale Shimmer did not respond, tail still as possible and ears flat backwards. She was under the impression of fear, but it was completely unreadable on her face.

Stanii did not speak nor move, just standing as the midnight-coloured figure dashed in their direction.

user posted image

Ruby snarled even louder. She ran, not as fast as the enemy, straight towards the opposing creature, stabbing it with her horns. She pulled back, standing protectively in front of Stanii.

user posted image

"What are you doing?!" she roared in absolute outrage, a paradigm of something she might regret later on.

"Cease!" she snapped, glowering at Ruby. Stanii'd have to apologise later on; but right now, she did not give a single damnation.

Her tail raised and billowed with the rising rush of anger. "Don't appear flabbergasted, you had this coming towards you." the raw power of the Silver-scaled dragon's voice rumbled and demanded that whatever order she must place, they better as well heed. Crowned with the thorns of pure anguish at the sight of the pierced scales of the for-now enigma, she lowered herself. "Sorry. I am so, so sorry."

She sighed, resting her antlers lightly upon the forest ground.

user posted image

As soon as Stanii and the red Shimmerscaled had slithered down, Mas and Menos silently took off towards the treetops. They followed the two Shimmerscales, mixing in with the shadows of the leaves. Menos, for once, was co-operative. They watched as the Shimmerscales talked. They suddenly froze when they saw a dark figure approaching them. Stanii seemed to be frozen with fear but the red Shimmerscale fiercely defended her friend. "Wow, she's pretty brave." However, Mas and Menos were not just going to stand there. This had been part of Mas' plan - defend the Shimmerscales if there was any trouble. They dropped onto the creature, ripping its back with their sharp claws.

EDIT: <OOC: Derp...why did I type so slowly... Why is Stanii yelling at Ruby?>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Ruby froze. "What are you doing?!" She hissed, not letting her guard down at all.

She then stared at Stanii, confused.

What the hell is she doing? Does she want to die or something?! She thought irritably.

((EDIT: I was ninja'd, even though you type slowly xd.png

I have no idea why Stanii was yelling at Ruby, either x3))

Edited by animals4501

((OOC: You'll find out soon enough!))

user posted image

"You.. You! He wasn't coming for you! He was coming for me!" Stanii watched helplessly as Mas and Menos began tearing at the poor body.

"Mas! Menos!" She howled, the wrath completely evident in her tone, voice and general body posture and expression. The drum was thoroughly exploding as she beat her tail unto the grass. "You were to stay back at the Falls! What in the name of sanity are you two doing here? Leave him be!"

They probably thought they would be battle veterans with how they ignored the whine of protest. The cry of agony the being faced upon its chest and back.

She marched toward the Two-head with an intimidating aura of absolute authority found only in a dragon that fought in a war- possibly against gods with how much acrimony was placed upon her face.

"I am very, very angry. I am very, very cross."

Edited by Paarthurnax

user posted image

Ruby didn't let her guard down, not even a little.

"Who are you?" She growled bluntly. She didn't even feel a speck of sympathy toward the enemy.

Then, realizing that she angered Stanii, she sidestepped away from the odd Shimmerscale. She started circling around the attacker.