chicbecause

Middle Earth

Just then a lean young blond elf came staggering out of the forest, a long slender elvin sword clutched in his hands, the blade glinting red. He looked around at the scattered group before him then sighed and lowered the blade. He glanced around and spotted his hat, pulled it on and headed for the nearest member of the group not yet recignizing who it was, still in shock from the battle he had suddenly stumbled into.

((Welcome dragonsword! biggrin.gif Also, because I’m a details person, and am simply curious, may I ask where Dae is from: Mirkwood, Lothlorien, or Rivendell?))

After a bit of soothing, and a fair amount of reasoning – if it could be called that – with the trees, Shala was finally able to free Clover from the root, and not wanting to risk any more trouble, she wasted no time in leading the pony out of the forest. However, once in the clear, she noticed someone who had definitely not been traveling with them before the attack. Another Elf, she thought with some disdain, and with her hand resting casually on the hilt of her sword, her voice almost dripped with suspicion as she asked, “And pray tell, who might you be?”

Edited by starphyre77

(I'm not intierly sure... Where do you think he should be from?)

Dae started in surprise at the sudden question. He glanced around, lifting his sword a bit until his bright gem-green eyes drifted down and fell apon a female dwarf. He pause, never having really liked dwarfs.

"Um.... Ahem... My name is Dae'Cuar, I was meant to join you at the meeting but.... Got delayed by various things" he told her, keeping his tone pleasant and cheerful, even though he was 1) covered in blood, some his own, and 2) talking to a dwarf, both of which was very unpleasant. "S-so, may I inquire as to who you are dear... Lady?" He asked, lowering his sword once more so the tip touched the ground.

(Maybe he should be from Mirkwood just too increase the unpleasantness between them?)

Edited by dragonsword

((I’m totally game if that’s what you’d like. wink.gif ))

Noticing the Elf start to raise his sword as he turned, Shala tightened her grip on her sword, and slowly started to draw it. However, when he paused, so too did she. She quirked an eyebrow at his explanation, and when he lowered his sword, she allowed hers to rest fully in its sheath, and crossing her arms across her chest, she gave this Dae'Cuar a considering look. By the looks of him, she guessed him to be from Mirkwood, and she wasn’t entirely pleased to be traveling with another of those who imprisoned her cousins…That is, of course, if his story holds true. She didn’t remember hearing of another Elf who was to join them, but then she had also missed one of the meetings.

She wasn’t quite sure what to think of the situation, but still, if he could be pleasant, then so too could she. “I am Shala, daughter of Baergor,” she said in a neutral tone, but with a polite smile. “It appears that you had joined us in this little attack. Are you wounded? Larien can heal you if you are.” Taking a calculated risk, she turned away from Dae'Cuar to point out Larien, and using the move as cover, she gave Larien a look that asked if he was telling the truth.

Larien caught Shala's look, also being intrigued by the new elf, and decided to make her way over to them. Her horse stayed where he was, keeping watch on everyone else even though they might not know it.

Larien half bowed to Dae, noticing he seemed to be from Mirkwood. That sudden realization made her miss the land of Eregion when she had lived there, and Rivendell, where she now lived with no family after most of her people moved to Lothlorien. Or used to, before she left that life for adventures. "The name's Larien Arcamenel." She told the other elf after reaching them both. She could see he was covered in blood. "I will offer my services as a healer if you ever need them." She added to back up what Shala had told him.

Dae watched the elf named Larien walk over and he bowed to her the sMe time she bowed to him. "Its a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dae'Cuar" he told her, not saying a family name for he did not have one.

When she offered to heal him he looked relieved.

"Thank you, one of those beasts managed to get my arm" he told her, wincing as he lifted his sword and sheathed it.

(What were they fighting?)

((Goblin's want Adrrar's head.... and probably ours now too....))

Larien reach for Dae's hurt arm, being very careful not to hurt him more. "It will only take a moment." She told him as her magic started working. Since she didn't know if the arm was actually broken or not just by his reactions, she took precaution to heal that as well. It did only take a moment before she let his arm rest gently where it had been before. "And there you are."

Dae waited in silence as she healed his arm and once the pain was gone and she leg go of him he lifted his arm, flexed his long pale finger, and smiled.

"thank you" he said, turning his slanted green eyes to the other elf then down to the dwarf before bringing them back up to the female elf. "I apologize again for being as late as this in joining up with your group" he added, his eyes sort of just wandering around the clearing now, it seemed he could not focus on any one thing at once, his attention always catching on something else, but that was kind of to be expected of a young elf such as himself, his mind always flicking about, always active.

Shala closely watched this newcomer as Larien healed his arm. She wasn’t sure that she trusted him, but Larien had seemed to accept his presence, and she did have some trust for her. Another Elf, she thought again, but this time there was resignation in the thought. Focusing on the fact that she was there to rid the lands of evil, she had to remind herself that arrogant Elves were not necessarily evil…Irksome yes, but not evil.

Though she was curious as to what ‘various things’ had delayed him, as his attention drifted, she couldn’t help but wonder if he’d been delayed by a field of flowers, or perhaps counting the stars in the heavens. Suppressing a smirk at that thought, she turned her tone civil as she said, “It is…fortunate…that you were able to track us.”

((Sorry if I didn’t leave enough to work with… Couldn’t for the life of me think of anything else to have her say.))

"Late, but at least you came." Larien told Dae, allowing Shala to speak. She recognized that Dae was a young elf by appearance and by his antics. That probably was why he was delayed. She remembered those years. They had been filled with fun, but also with some small amounts of trouble. Harmless trouble, but trouble nonetheless.

"Perhaps we should clear out of here before the Goblins or their Wargs decide to come back and finish what they couldn't." The elf added as a thought. Getting a start on their original journey without Goblins knowing exactly where they were probably would be good.

When Larien suggested that they be off, Shala scanned the horizon in the direction that the Wargs and Goblins had gone, and simply said, “Agreed.” She then went to retrieve the two quivers of arrows she had dropped, and coming back she said, “Thought these might come in handy.” Then looking to the others she asked, “So…do we still make for north and the High Pass?”

((*tackles computer* You said you posted here.... mrrrph, sorry... computer lied.))

Larien glanced around for a second. She didn't quite care the way they went, as long as they got moving. No Goblins following them was the best option. The only way that would happen is if they kept moving. "Unless you have a better idea Shala. As long as we move, I won't object." She called over her horse, who gladly came- albiet slightly with reluctance to leave Adrrar where he was. She whispered something to him before he ran off back by Adrrar, taking up the position he held before.

Shala was only half listening to Larien, for her mind was also on Kheled-zâram and the vale of Azanulbizar. Though they had discussed going there on their way north, this attack made her realize that doing so might not be safe. “No, I have no better idea, and I agree that it would be best to be on the move,” she said as she went to Clover to make sure that the supplies were still well secured. Adjusting some of the straps that had loosened, she continued, “However, do we also hold to the plan of pausing at Mirrormere? You should know that the lake lies very near the gates of Moria, and while we Dwarves defeated our enemy in the Battle of Azanulbizar, we did not reclaim the kingdom, so I know not what roams our ancient halls…” Her words and actions paused for a moment as she was lost in either thought or memory, but then paying more attention to one of the straps than was necessary, her tone turned somewhat sad as she said, “Though my heart yearns to see Mirrormere more than I could begin to explain, this is a decision that must be made by all.”

((I've been busy and it shows no sign of letting up. *grabs torch* But, I am still here. I'm unsure about DS though. I haven't seen her around.))

Larien listened to Shala and considered the plan. She hadn't quite cared where they went to begin with as long as they ended up in the intended destination. "I am fine with visiting Mirrormere." She paused for just a moment before starting again. "I would actually prefer to avoid as much conflict with these Goblins as possible... simply for the sake that we do not need any casualties on our journey." She added after a brief thought. No death was a favorable wish. She would rather the deaths that may occur not be of some petty fight due to a Goblin having a problem with Adrrar, or anyone else who might now be on their list. The elf guessed she probably at least topped it somewhere, having threatened their Leader in the fight a few times.

But Larien stayed silent after that, wanting to see if Dae might have input, or anyone else. Even Shala, for she did care for the Dwarf's opinions.

( *avoids torches* sorry about that, and yes, I am still here as well)

Dea let then talk then he inched away to a few feet away where he used his boot to shove one of the fallen 'beasts' over, revealing a pack with a bedroll on top. the slender young elf stooped and picked up the pack, pulling it on before glancing around, as if looking for something else. apparently it wasn't that important for he just shrugged and silently stepped back over to the other two, letting them decide where to go, after all no mater what he would have to follow them.

(random question. can I make another character, at least to balance them out so they're not just a group of three ?(since it doesn't look like anyone is coming back))

Edited by dragonsword

((And a few more random questions: Have we heard for sure if the others are gone for good, or are we guessing due to inactivity (which is an admittedly good indicator, but I hold to hope wink.gif)? How do we deal with their characters? Do we drag them along in case they come back? Do they simply fade away? Do they die somehow? Or perhaps something else I can’t think of? Also, do we want to consider the possibility of maybe starting/continuing in a new thread to see if we can drum up new interest?))

Listening to Larien, Shala’s shoulders dropped slightly as she realized that the Elf was right. Visiting Kheled-zâram wasn’t worth risking all their lives for. “Agreed,” she said again, and then with a resigned sigh she added more to herself than the others, “Perhaps chance will lead me there another time…” Turning her thoughts to their purpose, she put the matter behind her, and as she squared her shoulders, there was only determination in her voice as she looked to the others. “Shall we be off then?”

((I can try sending pms (and emails... to cover those bases if able) to them all again. I sent some a while ago and some of them came back, but forgot to post here....

so there's still hope. There's always hope. Sometimes it just takes a bit of waiting. And if they say there's no interest in coming back, well, then their character dies or something.... and we have room for more characters. I can edit the OP too if needed.

*doesn't know really how to respond to post on such short time*))

((Sounds good. I did like dragonsword’s question as well. If things continue to be…shall we say, quiet, do we allow more characters per person? If so, do we want to set limits or requirements (e.g.: only two, or must be different race/gender)?

Sorry if this comes across pushy or dominating as that really isn’t my intent… Just hoping we can come up with ways to keep this thing alive.))

((*would post a response, but has about two minutes at a time for internet since weird people are trying to fix it still* hopefully fixed by tomorrow.... it'll kick me off until then :/ *hates internet now*

but yes, I think it'd be fine to allow more characters... as long as we don't go too overboard and be like *take all hobbit slots* so everyone (if there's new people too) has a chance to get what they want/have. *still needs to send pms* I'll get to it... hopefully my internet will like me...

*brandishes torches at internet* Let me stay on!!))

((*also brandishes torch at Dragonhatchling’s internet* Would it help if I got some pitchforks and formed an angry mob? wink.gif Back on topic, I agree with the not going overboard with characters, but allowing a second character should still keep plenty of options open, wouldn’t it?

Also, now that I’ve just essentially bumped this… I’m going to be out of town from Sunday the 4th until Friday the 9th, and I’ll be without internet until then. Just wanted to let you all know that if I don’t respond for a bit, I am still here. In fact, I refuse to abandon ship. biggrin.gif ))

Shala’s gaze once again swept the area, this time also taking in the direction that the enemy had gone. “Right then,” she said with a small shake of her head, and glancing back to the others, she said, “Let's be off.” Taking Clover’s lead, she started to head north again. “We will need to keep a watchful eye out for further attacks.”

((I haven't gotten a response from anyone yet, but I sent emails out today since my internet booted me off before I could do that before :/

and yes, having a second character will still keep options open. We can always kill the second one off if someone else wants to join and we're full.))

Larien followed Shala silently, walking along with her horse at her side. She had her bow put away, strung across her back with her arrows, and was doing what Shala had suggested. Her gaze continued to scan the area. Pretty much everywhere. Her horse even helped in this, scanning where he could.

A thought struck her after a small few moments. The female dwarf seemed somewhat saddened by not being able to visit Kheled-zâram before. She knew the adventure probably underwieghed the cons, but maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Heading north could also be bad for them. Really, anywhere could basically be a bad choice. But Larien didn't let Shala know her thoughts yet. She didn't feel the need to.

((Update: Ryujin said they'll come back. Techno-elf said no. *is unsure about Elpdraws*))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Continuing north, Shala’s thoughts drifted once again to Kheled-zâram. Recalling a map, she also considered what lay along their path. She knew that they would be passing by the Lothlorien, and she had some slight misgivings. From what she’d heard, in ancient times the Dwarves of Khazad-dûm had friendly relations with the Lorien Elves, but that was before Durin’s Bane forced the Dwarves to abandon their home, and all connections there had been severed. Outside of the legends, little had been said about Lothlorien, and pondering the tales, Shala couldn’t help but wonder if there were even still Elves there, and if they were as bad as – correction, the same as other Elves.

She also had to wonder what would happen if another attack forced them to seek refuge in that forest. “So tell me,” she said to her companions, “Do Elves still make Lothlorien their home?” Though her tone implied that she was simply curious, she was a little concerned how an encounter with them would turn out.

(Ugh sorry... I don't want to post until I make a character sheet but my sister has my power cored so my computer is dead and I really don't want to do one on the phone sad.gif )