chicbecause

Middle Earth

Larien listened to the two speak, watching Shala for a moment before helping with Adrrar. She'd fix that arm too. "All I'm going to ask is that you try to stay still. This shouldn't be too long a wait. You'll feel much better afterward, but still do take it easy on yourself." She commented to Adrrar before working on his various injuries in a soft speak that they probably wouldn't understand. It was an old forgotten Noldor speak her mother held onto through the years.

It didn't take too terribly long to fix Adrrar, albeit longer than Larien wanted. She announced calmly that he could move once again if he wished before looking over to Shala. "Would you allow me to fix your arm?" The elf asked almost instantly. It was the least she could do for all this fighting and not being very much help.

Vaughn examined the body of a warg before cutting meat from the corps and droping it into a small pouch that she had slung over her shoulder. She heard Shala shout something, but she couldn't quite make out what it was that she said. She shethed her sword and gathered her arrows and bow. One thing about the attack bothered her- the goblins seemed to know they were coming. Had they been followed? It was possible, but she was sure that one of her four companions would have noticed it even if she didn't. She ran her fingers over the presious stone that hung fromthe golden thread around her neck.

((we left the forest... and got attacked by some goblins and wargs who were hunting (and perhaps still are) Adrrar. I forgot where we were intending to head however. But that's the basics... most of it was just random fighting.))

((Also, if it’s any help, the last time we saw Terinze specifically, a Warg broke his ankle so Vaughn helped him to lean against at tree as she told him to "Shoot well", and after the fight, Shala called to them to see how they are faring.))

It was a bit tricky with using only one arm, but with Adrrar’s help, Shala was able to help him get to a position where he could drink. When he apologized about the fight, she shook her head to indicate that he shouldn’t worry about it, and when he then explained the problems that come with head wounds, she couldn’t help but feel grateful that Dwarves have such hard heads. It would take a blow far worse than what he sustained to do that kind of damage to her. Noticing his gaze go to the Goblin, She also looked at it as she nodded at his question. Thinking back to Ori’s account of the Quest for Erebor, she said, “It is not the first time I have heard of price for a head. The Orc, Azog, had a bounty out for Thorin Oakenshield’s.” She turned back to him with a slightly impressed look. “Clearly, you have been doing well against the dark forces which plague these lands.”

As Larien healed Adrrar’s shoulder, Shala observed in silence so she wouldn’t risk breaking the Elf’s concentration. When she then offered to heal Shala’s arm, she looked at her for a moment and then looked down to her arm. She wasn’t exactly sure that she liked the idea of having Elvish magic worked upon her, but it was either that or risk the wound getting poisoned from the Warg’s spit, and she would also have limited use of her arm while waiting for it to heal. “Yes…please…,” she answered a little slowly as she looked back to Larien, but then her voice turned somewhat wary as she asked, “You are certain that Elvish magic will work the same upon a Dwarf?”

((I should totally be sleeping right now, so if any of this doesn’t make sense, I apologize and will fix it later. wink.gif ))

Edited by starphyre77

((I'm pretty sure it is. I'll check in a moment DS in reference to the last edited date. smile.gif I'll edit here and let you know as well.))

Larien nodded. "Yes. Yes it will. It is not 'choosy' when deciding to heal." She told the Dwarf, using a word she had once heard a young human child say. It seemed to fit, and relax some tension at the oddness of the word itself. "It will only take a few moments. Just stay still. Won't hurt at all. Promise." She added, moving a bit closer to Shala before starting again on her healing magic.

It didn't take as long as Adrrar, but it was close thanks to the complexity of healing an arm. She wanted to get it right and that took a bit extra time than healing a few cuts and scapes.

"There you are." The Elf told Shala, finishing off. She smiled at the Dwarf lightly and returned to a respectiable distance between the two. "If either of you need anything else from me- let me know."

((Yes DS, the spot is still open.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

When the healing of his shoulder had finished, Adrrar rolled it around, testing its movement before nodding in thanks to Larien. "My thanks." He said, getting up and carefully walking over to his sword. This he picked up and inspected before cleaning off the blood and sheathing it. His bow was picked up next, and after that some arrows from targets around the arrow.

"I knew I had killed a great many of their number, but never enough to make myself known to them. That is interesting." He said, walking to a nearby goblin and flipping it over to look at the markings on it. Nothing was particuraly forthcoming, so he just let it drop and looked back to Shala.

"How do you fare?" He asked the dwarf.

User- dragonsword (DS)

Name- Dae'cuar (means shadow archer) everyone just calls him Dae though.

Age- unknown but he is in his late teens in elf years.

Gender- male

Race- elf

Appearance: http://m58.photobucket.com/albumview/album...lfBard.jpg.html

Skill set- archery, knife throwing, a brilliant elfin smith and a rather good singer.

Other- he has a strong disliking for most dwarves, but maybe he can get over that some how.

(Done)

Edited by dragonsword

Shala nodded as Larien explained, but still had to resist the urge to pull her arm away as the Elf started her magic. When Larien stepped away again, Shala looked at her arm as she flexed her hand a couple times. “I will,” she replied to Larien, and with sincerity in her voice, she gave what could be considered a half nod-half bow as she added, “and thank you.”

Listening to Adrrar, she considered his words for a bit, and then said, “I am…,” she paused for a moment as she put her right hand on her left arm, but feeling no trace of the injury, she continued, “hale and healthy, thank you.” Her gaze swept the area as she added, “As for you, I would almost call it a dubious mark of honor. True, being hunted could hardly be considered a good thing, but the fact that you are means that they consider you to be a threat.” She turned back to him, and there was a fire in her eyes as she said, “I am quite certain that we shall all have prices upon our heads ere the end of our journey.”

“Now, I must locate my throwing axe. I was standing about there…” She turned away again, and pointed to where she’d been with one hand. “Which means my axe should be somewhere over there.” With her other hand, she pointed to where the axe should be, she then glanced back to Adrrar, and said, “If you need me, that is where I shall be.” Turning once more, she started to make her way toward where she expected to find her axe. Of course, along the way she searched the Goblins for any decent weapons, or anything else that might be useful.

((Edited because I just realized there was a little bit missing that I had wanted to include.))

Edited by starphyre77

((*listens to the wind blow as a tumbleweed rolls by*...Is there anyone still here? Not going to lie, I'll be rather bummed if this has died. unsure.gif ))

((I'm still around.... I was on vacation with crappy internet... I'm on my way home now though. Won't be on for the rest of the day.

*electricutes thread gently to help start it again* Live!))

Larien went rather quiet again, listening to human and dwarf speak. Shala had moved off, going to retrieve her axe, when the elf stood up slightly. Upon that action, her horse came trotting over before stopping next to her. He nuzzled his head into her side before pushing her over playfully. "Aklen I'm ok." The elf stated with a laugh. "You fought bravely my friend. Taught Wargs not to mess with you."

Aklen was a young horse for an elf her age. He only was about 150 years old and the age difference was evident when put with the older horses. But Larien had loved Aklen from the start and could very well see that he felt the same. The two bonded almost instantly when they were introduced and this horse had become her trusted partner on her travels. He was trained in fighting, as well as speed, and did hold his own on a few occasions.

Shala was able to find her axe relatively easily, but her search of the Goblins, unsurprisingly, yielded little in the way of usable weapons. She did find a couple quivers of arrows, and a small bag of coins, and after tucking the bag in her belt, she took the quivers in case their archers were in need of arrows after that attack.

She then went back to the edge of the trees and called for Clover, but unfortunately, the pony didn't walk out like she had hoped. Instead, she heard distressed neighing coming from not too far in. Glancing to the others with a concerned look, she dropped the quivers, and without thinking, she drew her axe as she rushed toward the sound.

Before long, she found Clover with a hind hoof entangled in a root, and she moved forward intending to hack the root away. However, before she got there, she noticed the root move and tighten, and remembering what Adrrar had said about these trees, she stopped and quickly put her axe away as she said, "I apologize." Though she felt a little silly talking to trees, she added, "I mean no harm." Cautiously approaching, she took hold of Clover's reigns as she tried to both calm the pony down, and figure out how to get the root to release her.

((No one's been around but starphyre and I DS.... so I don't know. I'd try pming chic, or better yet to email them, if you haven't already.))

((Mmm.... alright then... I'll see if I can help you any DS...))

((DS, you're accepted..... and Chic said I have full responsibility of this rp now. I have the pm if anyone wants to see it.))

(Yay.... But how should I come in now? Dae kind of missed the meeting by a long shot)

((Well.... somewhere in here we stated that there were two meeting to compensate for Shala not knowing Adrrar.... so Dae could be a part of the first meeting and know everyone who was there. For the recent fighting, who's to say Dae wasn't caught up in it and no one noticed?))

(Or maybe he missed the meeting and has been tracking them down (he is and elf after all) and maybe he got caught up in the fighting and no one knows)

((That'll work too. Whichever one you want xd.png it is Middle Earth. Weird stuff happens all the time.))