chicbecause

Middle Earth

((Star: I do too, even if I don't show up much smile.gif

Ryujin: welcome back! You're perfectly welcome to hop in wherever biggrin.gif

Bearded: Accepted.

Perseus: One man spot shall be reserved smile.gif ))

Larien let Shala answer, knowing it would be better for the Dwarf to answer than herself. She watched Nendir a little closer as she tried to gauge anything amiss between the human and elf- if there were any. Just a precaution.

Finding nothing, the female elf thought over Cuthraed's comment. Of course it was up to Shala if they were to find the possible Dwarven Smith, as it was her sword now that needed repairing, but Larien certainly wouldn't mind a little more travel on the side. "If it would make any difference- and forgive me for speaking out of place- but I wouldn't mind visiting this village even if there isn't that Smith anymore. If anything, there may be another Dwarven one in his place as his previous apprentice if he should have moved or something came up."

((I'll pm DS to see if she can come back wink.gif email's private so that can't work...))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Username:Perseus

Name:Sparrow

Race:Human

Appeareance:

-Eyes:Hazel

-Hair:Light Brown,Short

Height:5'9

Weight:58 K.G

Body:Muscular

Weapon:Shiny Blue Sword that was forged by the elves

Clothing:Iron Chestplate under his Leather Shirt,Leather Leggings,Red Cape

Skill Set: Pretty Good at Handling Swords,Perfect at hand face to face combat,Tracking and Horse Riding

Other:Sparrow's Parents were murdered by the orcs while he was still 7 and he survived on his own ever since,He has a Pure White Horse.

((Im new to RPing so bear with me smile.gif ))

Edited by Perseus

((Only problem I'd have with your sheet Perseus is that the Mithril is extremely rare and hard to come by. Even in this age... later on it becomes priceless and practically nonexistent.))

((Ryujin, looking forward to seeing Adrrar again, and welcome BeardedKumquat and Perseus! biggrin.gif ))

At Cuthraed’s words, Shala was a little torn. While on the one hand, getting the sword repaired was a great priority to her, on the other hand, they had a plan and she wasn’t sure that she could ask the others to change them for this. Fortunately, Larien put her mind at ease on the matter, and with a warm smile Shala said, “Thank you Larien. I would very much like to go to this village.” She pulled out her cloak as she quickly packed up what she’d pulled out. Carefully wrapping Deathless in her blanket, she secured it with the rest of her gear.

“Right then,” Cuthraed said, “If we are to go to the village... judging by how far north we have traveled, I would say that it should be that direction.” He pointed in the direction he figured the village should be in.

Larien nodded, springing lightly to her feet in one quick motion. "Then let's not waste time." She smiled again at Shala, hopefully reassuring the Dwarf that her wish was well met. "We should be there quickly if we can judge by the past distance traveled." She added, going over to her horse.

The horse had waited patiently but had moved closer toward the dwarf and elf pair while Larien had spent time healing Shala. He had originally waited a few ways away, though he knew he would not be harmed if moved now. His head nuzzled her hand as she came close while Larien sat atop him again. "We can carry extra supplies or if anyone decides to ride with us."

(Replaced Mithril with Iron,and I shall be waiting for everyone at the village)

Edited by Perseus

((They’re pretty much straight north from where we last saw Adrrar, but they’re about to head to a village of Men east of where they are which would be north-east of that location. It wasn’t specified how far/long they’d traveled north, and they stopped because of another Goblin attack. Hope that helps some…))

Once Larien was mounted on her horse, Cuthraed nodded as he mounted Garulf and then remembering that his spear was still imbedded in a Goblin, he said, “I shall return shortly.” With that he rode over to where the main part of the fighting had taken place.

Shala watched Cuthraed in confusion for a brief moment, but then turned back to Larien. Though a look of unease flashed across her face as she looked at the horse, she smiled as she said, “Thank you, but that will not be necessary. Clover here bore me from Edoras to Fangorn; she’ll be able to keep pace.”

Cuthraed returned with his spear in hand as Shala was mounting the pony. He had heard Shala’s comment about keeping pace, and though he had some misgivings, he wasn’t going to risk upsetting the Dwarf. “If we are ready, I can lead the way.”

(His guys! Sorry about leaving like I did but I would like to start rping again if Its ok. Recap please!)

((OK, so Elpdraws last I checked it seems you were also in this goblin fight at one point. That's finished... after Dragonsword also came to offer assistance with a new elf (who I am unsure if she still plans on coming back- I can't get a hold of her), Cuthraed, and another elf named Nandir from (I'll find who he's owned by) came too. During the fight Shala found an old Dwarven sword that needed repairing and Cuthraed (Star's Man-character since I didn't mentioned that) offered his assistance helping where he could. We're now heading off to the village Cuthraed and Shala had mentioned.

Horrible recap is horrible.... I'm out of touch... they'll get more detailed. Sorry))

Larien nodded to Shala. "Offer's open for anyone who would like it." When Cuthraed returned her horse turned to face him, watching the spear. He seemed eager enough to get moving again as it was though the man had offered to lead. The she-elf didn't mind that much. It would be a different change, and one more fitting considering this village was inhabited by Man. He had a right to lead them there in her mind. "You're welcome to lead, I will keep watch for signs of any straggling Goblins."

((I should find where I named that horse xd.png poor horse whose name I forgot))

(So where can I make Vaughn come in again? And I'm guessing the goblin fight that you mentioned is not the same as the first fight with the wargs, correct?)

((It's the same... just a few extra goblins decided to show up wink.gif and you can just make Vaughn come in anywheres you like Elpdraws smile.gif ))

(Ok thanks! Please tell me if I have to edit my post!)

Vaughn stood silently. She looked at her right arm. Broken and covered in blood- mostly her own. She walked over to Larien and would have asked for asistance but Shala's sword couht her attention. A smile formed on her face. " I saw that same sword 31years ago in-oh never mind that! What has happened to it?" She studied the sword. That had been lost to the goblins so long ago. Hopefully it would be restored. She then turned to Larien. Vaughn had never learned how to heal using magic and it would be rather hard setting her own bone with only her left hand. She held up her arm." Can you heal it?" Her voice was soft and polite.

((You're fine Elpdraws smile.gif

I'm creating a new name for my horse since I can't find the other post with it in it xd.png ))

Larien noticed Vaughn a little bit ago, but had been preoccupied with Shala's requests and the sword to say much. She hoped the other elf hadn't found that rude. She coudn't put blame though.

When the other she-elf asked, Larien decidedly dismounted Aklen and looked closer at the broken bone. "Yes I can." She answerede with a smile, digging through the small pouch at her side for a specific herb. The small white flower was barely noticable, but used nearly instantly as Larien carefully set a hand on the broken arm. Without so much as a word the elf quickly set the bone in place, trusting her horse and the other elf's judgement to keep her and her arm still.

A few faint phrases were half sung, half spoken from Larien as she called upon her knowledge to heal the bone as her eyes closed. This continued as the bone slowly mended itself back to the way it was before it had been broken. It took some presious minutes to do this, but Larein let her hands fall when her eyes opened. "Hopefully that didn't cause you too much pain." She added, looking over her work just in case. Aside from the blood, the skin didn't show any broken sign. Which was what Larien wanted. Bone good as new. Not much energy had been taken from the elf either thanks to the flower.

"You're welcome to ride with Aklen and I if you'd like. There's enough room- he doesn't mind. And if you're not too sure about bareback, you can ride closest to the neck so I can help keep balance. " She added, hopping gracefully back up on her horse. He neighed kindly, now eyeing Cuthraed to see if they were going to go.

Vaughn watched in silence untill her arm was completly healed." There was no pain." She said in answer to Larien's question. " Thank you." She felt her gone move back into place. She let her arm fall to her side before bringing it up again when she was offered a ride. " thanks but... but I can walk." Her reply was quik and sounded sort of startled, she didn't know why and hoped that Larien didn't notice. Subconsiously her hand checked her neak for the green jewel.

( Ok but if I do get something wrong like the time or place or even character (I did that once....) please correct me! And I don't know why but when I read your post I just thought " OMG! This elf is soooo freakin' awsome!")

Edited by elpdraws

User- LegendOfKorraFan

Name- Ragathar "the Ruthless" Lockberry

Age- 36 years old

Gender- Male

Race- Dwarf

Appearance- Here (I made this on my tablet, so making an HTML link wasn't going to happen sorry)

Skill set- Ragathar is a master interrogator, able to get information out of anyone by any means necessary. He can also make a mean Rhosgobel rabbit stew.

Other- Ragathar carries a double-bladed axe with an ivory handle; it is a family heirloom from his great great great grandfather.

((Accepted and the front page has been updated to reflect your acceptance.

I also changed your img tags to url tags and inserted a Here so people can click on the link instead of loading the large, though super awesome, picture with all the posts. Saves computers sometimes wink.gif ))

( not entirely sure myself.xd.png!)

Vaughn turned to the rest of the group. Three newcomers. She figured if they were enemys, Shala and Larien would have allready beaten the life out of them. So she went ahead to introdouce herself. " Hello, I do not believe we've met. I am Vaughn of the woodelves of Mirkwook and who might you be?" She said directing her speech twards the man.

((The group is in the fields between Fangorn and Lothlorien. They were heading north to High Pass, but instead will be heading east to a village of Men that we decided conveniently exists there. Meanwhile, Perseus had said that Sparrow would be ‘waiting for everyone at the village’, and I’m not sure where Ryujin’s Adrrar and BeardedKomquat’s Kirdoc Waddlebark are. Any questions, feel free to ask, just know that I’m a details person…but I’ll try not to give info overload though xd.png. Oh, and DH, if you’re still wondering, Larien’s horse’s original name was Aklen (page 10) wink.gif ))

When Vaughn mentioned having seen the Dwarven sword, Shala looked at her with some suspicion. Readjusting Deathless to make sure it was secure, she wondered when the Elf would have seen it when it had been lost in Goblintown before Thorin’s company had reached Mirkwood. She pondered the matter while Larien healed Vaughn’s arm, but she decided it didn’t need to be pursued so she shrugged it off. Listening to the Elves, Shala’s brow furrowed in confusion at Vaughn’s reaction to Larien’s offer of a ride, for she had heard that Elves were typically at ease with horses. With another shrug she looked to Cuthraed to let him know that she was ready to go.

Cuthraed was a little surprised to find that another Elf had seemed to be in the fight, but noticed that she seemed to know Larien and Shala; though the look the latter gave her left the Dwarf’s opinion of the Elf unclear. Watching once again in fascination as Larien worked her healing magic, his looked turned confused when the Elf declined Larien’s offer. When the Elf introduced herself, Cuthraed gave a respectful nod in greeting as he said, “I am Cuthraed son of Cuthred; one of the King’s Riders in Rohan.” He considered the situation for a moment, and then politely added, “Please know that I mean no offense… If you wish to walk, that is of course, your choice to make, but please consider that if you were to ride with either Larien or me upon Garulf, then we shall reach our destination all the sooner.”

((I knew it started with an A at least xd.png Thank you Star, DH failed to see the name for once in her life when she looked through the rp twice xd.png

*hides Alavar and makes note of Aklen* ))

Larien noticed the starlted stutter of Vaughn's response to her offer but made no intention to pursue it more. If Vaughn wanted to walk, she could, Larien wasn't going to object to it. The response still stuck with her slightly though and Larein would, if given good reason, draw nearer to opening that up again. But not right now. Vaughn was fine with keeping up it seemed, and Cuthraed's offer rang true as well. Garulf was a fine horse as well, mostly built for battle when compared to her leaner selection of Aklen who was mainly built for speed and manuvering through the forest regions of Rivendel. He certainly could hold his own in battle just as well as Garulf as far as Larien was concerned. Though, the horse's stubborn streak did shine through on more than one occasion during their time together. At least he held his head about him, able enough to make decisions where he would not fight if he knew he couldn't somehow win. Larien liked that best. A problem-solving horse with common sense and a little too much loyalty to be her partner in her travels. He never was supposed to come with her on this trip; a bought horse would have just done fine. But Aklen, he obviously had other plans for that.

The horse neighed, walking over to Cuthraed without Larien's say and nudging him gently on the shoulder. Larien stayed atop the friendly being, though she gave the Man a look that showed she hadn't authorized the nudge. Be it though, Aklen considered her an equal just as she considered him and found that consideration grounds to be able to test her limits any chance he got. Such as now, where he nudged Cuthraed's shoulder again lightly before backing off and standing stone still like nothing ever happened. Larien merely continued the previous look, knowing that any comments regarding the behavior would likely reproduce it.

((Elp: Thank you for your compliment smile.gif I try my hardest to 'get into character' for everything I write about. Now I just wish I could still find where I set the Silmarillion in my room....))

Vaughn nooded to Cuthraed then turned two face the two stranger elves. She directe her question tward ( Nendir)." I believe you have already heard my name so repeating myself is unnessisary. What is your name ?" She remained plesent in her tone and expressions. Vaughn bent into a slight bow. Her firery red curls fell over her shoulders when she rose. Brushing her hair back with her fingers she smiled in an allmost unnoticeable way. The she-elf had seen his little warg- ridding display and found him reckless. In a good way, if ever there was one.

( I'll try to post more later)