chicbecause

Middle Earth

((Not sure that I’m the best at recaps, but here we go… We time skipped to mid-morning on the third day of their journey, and they ran back a bit to the northern edge of Fangorn Forest as they’re facing an attack by Wargs and Goblins. As Adrrar said, “If we have our backs to the trees the Wargs can't get behind us.” The first wave of the attack in hitting now… Did I miss anything important?

Oh, was it ever decided whether this enemy group is hunting Adrrar or Larien? Also, I’m not the best when it comes to writing battles… dry.gif ))

Shala found Vaughn’s comment to be unnecessarily sarcastic, but though part of her wanted to call her out on it, she knew that the middle of a battle wasn’t the time for such things, so she settled with briefly rolling her eyes. However, the Wargs were now within sword range, so she pushed the matter from her mind as she focused on the enemy. She easily cut down the first two Wargs, but a third one managed to get the drop on her which forced her to roll to the side to avoid its claws.

(Lets just make it simple and say they're hunting Adrrar. Like he said, he's killed a lot of them, so they might very well be pissed. One of you guys can play the goblin or whoever is trying to kill him.)

Adrrar's words seemed to have an affect on the Wargs as two instantly turned and ran straight at him, only to stop about ten feet away. Without missing a beat they both began to circle him, one always on the opposite side of the other. Adrrar had seen this tactic before, and knew it was a hard one to fight. Luckily for him he didn't give a damn anymore, so when one passed in front of him he charged it, throwing his dagger at the beast and hitting it in the side. The beast snarled with pain even as Adrrar jumped on it, using the dagger as a step up onto its back. The other Warg that had been circling as well saw what was happening and acted immediately, charging after Adrrar to rip him to shreds. It was a bit to slow however, and Adrrar's sword swung down to slice through a part of the Wargs nose, causing it to howl in pain. The best beneath Adrrar was doing its best to dislodge him, and Adrrar was having difficulty staying on, but finally he got ahold of his dagger and ripped it out of the beast. He was about to plunge the dagger into the neck of the Warg, right where it's scull ended so that he could hit the brain when a huge weight hit him and bore him to the ground. The air rushed from his lungs as he hit, but he didn't seem to have broken anything. His head was spinning however, and he was seeing double of the beast that now snarled down at him. Time seemed to slow as the Wargs jaws descended and ripped into Adrrar's shoulder, tearing through the leather and chainmail to rip off a hunk of flesh.

Adrrar cried out in pain, but instead of trying to cradle his injury he took ahold of the dagger which had fell nearby and stabbed the Warg in the neck. He must have hit an artery as well as the windpipe because the Warg was suddenly gagging on blood as it flopped onto its side a slowly drowned. Adrrar looked at the other Warg and held his sword in his good hand, the blade steady no matter the damage he had taken. "Come get me!" He yelled at the Warg. He might have sounded angry, but his eyes betrayed the truth; he wasn't angry, he seemed to be calm, like he was ready. "I'm coming Senya." He said, hacking at the Warg and slicing through its skull into its brain. The beast died instantly, but its leap continued, hitting Adrrar and slamming him to the ground, the body rolling over him onto the other side. Adrrar seemed to use fallen unconcious even as his shoulder continued to bleed, but beyond that he seemed to be alright.

Using the momentum of her maneuver, Shala rolled back to her feet while spinning around. With her sword swinging out, the blade opened the head of the Warg just before it attacked. She turned to face another Warg, but she couldn’t help but notice that while they were attacking everyone, they seemed to be especially focused on Adrrar. Suddenly, a change in the noise caught her attention, and she turned to see some Goblins riding in on more Wargs. She turned back to the others just in time to see Adrrar fall, and since she didn’t know how severely he was injured, or if he was even still alive, she fought her way over to him.

Once at his side, she saw that his shoulder was bleeding, but he appeared to be breathing. “Adrrar, I know you’re still alive!” she yelled as she slashed at Warg, and then dodged its counter attack. “We need your help here,” she killed the Warg, and then quickly knelt down, and using her free hand, she grabbed his shirt on his uninjured side, and pulled him up a little so that her face was pretty much in his, “so WAKE UP!” Though she was genuinely concerned for him, they were in the middle of a battle, and blast it they needed him, so she couldn’t let him get out of it that easily...

Terinze had strung his bow and had the arrow on the string in a total of faster than you can blink and began shooting Wargs, in the eyes, piercing the skull, killing them. Every. Single. Time. Sometimes shooting more than one arrow from his bow at a time.

Alas and Alack! Mere arrows were not enough to keep the wargs from this sharp-shooting elf and one had taken his foot within it's mouth, breaking his ankle. With a cry of pain Terinze shot an arrow that found itself lodged deeply within the warg's brain.

Terinze looked over his shoulder to see how the others faired, and to his great distress, found Adarr laying unconscious on the ground with a warg approaching and Shala being unsuccessful in waking him.

He managed to shoot down the warg just before it lunged for the pair, at the cost of his ankle being twisted more inside the warg's stubborn death-grip.

Vaughn looked over at Adrrar then at Terinze, both were down and Adrrar seemed to be out for the rest of the fight. She shot around six arrows at a time and each one met Its target. She spied a warg ridding goblin headed twards Terinze and instantly an arrow peirced the skull of the warg, but then there was the goblin. She shot but wasn't able to aim well due to the warg that had decided to tackle her and bite hrer side, lukily, her side was gaurded and all the warg really did was give her a bad bruse. Anyways, back to the goblins. The arrow sliced open the nasty thing's stomich enabeling many important organs to all out. Vaughn grabbed an arrow and stabbed it into the wargs nose who then jumper back, yelping and trying and failing to remove the arrow ( and that was her 'omg i 'm so glade dogs don't have thumbs' moment ). She saw that Shala was taking care of Adrrar, so she moved in closser to Terinze and began helping him a bit.

((Well, like I said before, I’m not the best at writing battles, but I’ll take a stab (pun intended) at writing a Goblin, but it may come to a point where I need to follow someone’s lead… Also, I forget, do we have a healer in our group? Methinks we’ll need one after this battle. wink.gif ))

Shala became aware of a Warg falling far too close, and though she didn’t exactly drop Adrrar, she did set him down a bit more abruptly than she had intended to as she stood back up. She turned around to find one of the Warg Riders closing in flanked by two rider-less Wargs.

“Step aside, Dwarf-scum,” the Goblin said with malice. “That Man’s head is mine.” To which Shala’s only reply was to spit a Dwarvish curse as she prepared for their attack.

((By the by, I’m going to be out of town with no internet connection this coming Sunday until Friday… Would you like me to try to come up with something to incapacitate Shala, so my absence doesn’t hold anything up? smile.gif ))

((reason I have not posted: unexpected life occurances and today and tomorrow I have finals in the morning. Well, one more for tomorrow. I hate finals. So hunting Adrrar it is. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Larien knows healing magic smile.gif ))

Larien was busy picking off Wargs from her horse with her arrows, having spotted them around the same time as everyone else. She occasionally nabbed a Goblin but they seemed to know better than to get close enough for her to shoot. Served them right. They'd be dead if they came closer.

The elf got tired of picking off Wargs after a while, dropping off her horse and sending it back a bit further so it would be less likely to get hit. The beast also took part in some of the fighting, however, and was trying to best two Wargs when a scream was heard not to far away.

Arrar was in trouble, Shala seemed to be helping so Larien continued to fight what came to her. Her sword plunged into a Goblin -as they now got braver once she was off her horse- as another one rushed at her with what looked to be a hammer. She ducked, kicking him in the side with her arm and pushing him over with his momentum. A swift hit to the skull with his own hammer killed him and two more that followed on her followthrough.

But a break in the fighting caught her attention as she noticed where Shala was. Adrrar was still with the dwarf, though what really caught her attention was the Goblin Rider. Well that wouldn't do.

A quick, high-pitched, whistle loosed from Larien's mouth as her horse came running to her. It was bloodied and scratched, but nothing seemed to worse-for-wear. The elf jumped up onto its back and knocked an arrow. Three wargs were shot on her way to her destination, though the arrows continued to be knocked and her target was never lost sight of. She stopped far enough a way to not be too much of a threat, but enough to get a kill-shot in on a the rider's Warg or the rider itself. "I wouldn't go for him if I were you Goblin." She stated loud enough so he could hear.

"Terinze, you are lucky to still have you leg!" She told him, greatful that he was not to badly wounded. Vaughn leaned him up agenst a tree and, almost reverently, handed him his now and arrows."Shoot well, friend! " she got p and and ran to the nearest warg. He snarled and growled, threatning her saying: " Come on! We will end you! You would be better off sailing to the endless land that your kind comes from!" She drew her sword and readied herselffor an attack that didn't seem to come for a long while. " You wish to end me? Come and do so! " she shouted back.it seemed to whimper and cower and Vaughn looked at it in disbelief. "What nonsence is this?" It's little trick only caused her to hate it more. She couldn't take her eyes off it, she knew that once she did, it would attack. She felt a sharp pain on her back and she fell. The cause of her fall: a large brown warg tearing at her flesh while pinning her to the ground. She cried out in pain and rolled over so the beast could nolonger keep Its paw on her. She grabbed at her sword which had been thrown quite a ways away so she could nolonger reach it. She got ahold of a rock and slammed it into the angerd beast's eye. It jumped up and howled in pain then it brought down Its jaws on her arm that she raised to protected her head and neck. He shook his head wildly and tore off most of the skin on her right arm. Some how Vaughn managed to hold to the rock and she began pummle the warg till he let go of her, this gave her the chance to grab her sword and slit Its neck. Vaughn watched her enemy did while she could. She was loseing blood and, because of it, her vision was blured and she couldn't walk very well. Luckily, only a few wargs and maybe three goblins were still fighting. She slowly stood up and saw the warg that had played as a distaction was running twards Shala, looking ready for a fight.

Adrrar seemed to come to a little when Shala yelled at him, but only just. He blinked at the battle around him, trying to grasp what had happened. His shoulder hurt, that much he knew, and it was this simple fact that let him crawl back to full consciousness. He managed to sit up and look around, reaching for his sword with his good arm and taking ahold when he heard the goblin voice. He looked up and managed to stand, still a bit dizzy, but at least awake. "What use is my head to you stinking wretch?" He snarled at the goblin, stepping up beside Shala and glaring at the being before him.

(Aaaaaaaaah! Chic!!!!! Post!!!! Make Terinze kick goblin a**! He is an elf so he must fight or something!)

((Sorry folks, had hoped to get in another post before leaving, but I ran out of time…))

The Goblin snarled at Shala’s reply, for even though he didn’t know what was said, he was certain it wasn’t anything nice. He had just decided to take the Dwarf’s head as an added bounty when the She-Elf entered her own threat. Using a low growl to send the other two Wrags to deal with the Elf, he dismounted his Warg to dispatch the Dwarf and take the Man’s head. As the two Wargs tried to maneuver to flank the Elf, the Goblin and his Warg were trying the same, but unfortunately, the Man proved to not be dead. He gave a surprised squeal as the Man stood, but then figured that an injured Man and a Dwarf wouldn’t be any trouble for him, so with a sneer he said, “Your head is worth a fine bounty. You shouldn’t have caused so much trouble.”

Though Shala was relieved to see Adrrar stand up again, her expression never wavered to show it. She didn’t really care why the Goblin wanted Adrrar’s head; she was too busy trying to keep an eye on both him and his Warg. Hoping that Adrrar would be able to handle the Goblin, she gave the Warg a little more of her attention.

The two Wargs going after Larien didn't bother her. She allowed them to come closer, watching the Goblin intently, before jumping off the horse and plunging her sword into one's neck. It squealed oddly for a moment, thrashing and succeeding in scratching her thigh, before stopping. Her horse was locked in battle with the other, having kicked it in the head, when she pulled her sword free. Another Warg caught her horse on its back, having been hiding and stalking the whole time, and sent the horse down as an arrow landed in the Warg's neck. That didn't stop it, but Larien wrestled with the one as the other Warg stumbled from the kick to its head.

Her horse had a broken ankle, though it stood nonetheless and tried to land another well-placed kick to the already crippled Warg. Both weren't making much ground.

The elf jabbed another arrow into the Warg she wrestled with, not being able to get a good hit with her sword to do any meaningful damage. She had poked out one eye, though the beast barely noticed as it sought to bite her neck as they rolled. Larien ended up on the bottom for a moment, though she kicked it up in the air enough to roll out from under. Her tunic was tattered and torn in places, blood dripped from somewhere, but she had her sights on the Goblin Rider. The Warg, however, had its sights on her and her horse. It chose her horse first, which the elf counted on, and ended up coming short with a sword in its back. "Don't try it a second time if it doesn't work." Larien stated, pulling her sword free from its spinal cord.

Her horse stood still, having neutralized the other Warg from the previous kick. Larien worked quickly with her healing magic to patch up the ankle before getting back on her horse. She knocked another arrow and waited for a clean shot to shoot so she wouldn't harm Adrrar or Shala if it went clean through.

Adrrar chuckled and shook his head. "Maybe you should not be scurrying around in places you aren't welcome if you don't want arrows in your neck goblin." Adrrar said.

Unfortunately for him he wasn't doing well. Blood loss and the nasty hit to the head was making him woozy, and he was having trouble focusing.

"You think you can just pillage and burn without consequence, well guess a-, again. I'm protector of the..." He paused and seemed to lose focus for a second before managing to continue. "The villages, yes that's it. Come now so that I can relieve you of your head."

Still watching the Warg, Shala was so startled by Adrrar’s apparent troubles that she forgot herself and briefly glanced toward him. She did, of course, immediately realize her mistake and just as quickly looked back to the Warg, but it was apparently the opportunity the Warg had been waiting for. The Warg launched itself at her with its teeth snapping, and about the only thing she had time to do was raise her left arm as a poor shield. The Warg’s jaw clamped down on her arm as the force of its blow knocked her down, and though she grunted in pain, she clenched her teeth to refuse any other sounds from escaping. The Warg snapped its jaw again; probably intending to get a better grip so it could shake the arm off, but she had been bringing her sword up as best she could, and in that brief moment that its teeth loosened their grip, she managed to strike it on the side of the head. Unfortunately, she only caught it with the flat of her blade, but it was enough to make it release her arm as it jumped away. Having to avoid using her injured arm, she managed to roll back onto her feet just as the Warg was lunging in for another attack. However, this time she was able to get in a more measured blow, and her blade pierced through its skull and into its brain. With the Warg dead, she tried to ignore the pain in her arm as she spun to see how Adrrar was faring.

The Goblin also noticed the Man’s lack of focus, and gave a bark of laughter as he said, “This’ll be easier than I thought…” As his Warg attacked the Dwarf, he moved to attack the Man. “I expected more from you,” he scoffed.

((Like I said, battles are not exactly my forte, so if you’d like, feel free to dispatch the Goblin as desired. wink.gif ))

Edited by starphyre77

((*searches for, and stomps on the chirping crickets* Is anyone out there? If we’re not ready to kill the Goblin yet, we can easily prolong the battle, but I'm afraid I'll need to follow someone else's lead for a bit here... ))

(Vaughn can't shoot right now and cb hasn't made Terinze do anything, Adrrar is kinda dizzy, so that leaves you and dragon hatchling.....I don't know why, but sissy aka cb refuses to post on this rp.)

((I'm busy taking care of my mother who had surgery, so I won't post often. I'll make a quick post now since I seem to have time... (and my name is one word Elpdraws wink.gif ) ))

Larien watched the Warg attack Shala, debating to shoot it then. She didn't, as it was too dangerous at their intensity of fighting that the arrow might hit Shala no matter how good a shot she was. Things weren't looking good for the Dwarf though.

But the elf turned her attention to the larger main target; the Goblin. With Adrrar left unattended and out-of-it, Larien took it upon herself to help as much as she could. She loosed the arrow, aiming for the Goblin only, and hoped it wouldn't go straight through. To compensate for that, her horse had moved a little to the left. The arrow still had a threat of hitting Adrrar- as did almost any arrow ever in the world- but the move chanced that to much smaller. She was aiming for the Goblin's neck- the side- and hoped that if it didn't kill him, it would distract him away from Adrrar and turn it on her. She had another arrow ready, this one tipped with a potent amount of poison, that was aimed at the Goblin's heart. The elf only ever used these in dire situations, and considering the circumstances, she figured this would suffice for one of those times.

((Best wishes for your Mom’s recovery, Dragonhatchling smile.gif. Also, here’s hoping we haven’t lost anyone…))

While the Elf’s arrow was on target, just at that moment the Goblin raised his weapon to deliver an over-hand blow to the Man, and his arm blocked his neck. When the arrow hit, his arm dropped uselessly to his side as his sword hit the ground. With an enraged growl he drew a dagger with his other hand, and turning on the Elf, he cursed at her in the Black Speech as he charged.

Adrrar saw all this through a haze, but still managed to grasp the important fact, that the goblin now only had a dagger. He let his sword drop from his hands, and instead drew his dagger, the one given to him by his surrogate father, the one that he cherished beyond anything else, save what was left of his wife.

Drawing on the energy he had left, Adrrar used the pain he was in as a guide before launching himself onto the Goblins back, his dagger stabbing repeatedly into the Goblins neck and chest over and over again. Both of them went down together, with Adrrar coming out alive, albeit covered in goblin blood, dizzy, and still suffering through his own wound.

The Goblin was so enraged at the Elf that he’d forgotten that the Man was still up and armed. He squealed when the Man attacked, but though he tried to fight him off, the scum had gotten the jump on him and his struggles proved to be in vain…

Upon the death of the Goblin, the remaining attackers lost what little bit of organization that they had had. While some were angry and seemed to want revenge, others seemed to have lost their desire to fight. Watching them carefully as she waited to see if they would break off the attack, or continue the fight, Shala maneuvered closer to Adrrar and asked, “Adrrar, how do you fare…are you still with us?”

((I wasn’t sure if we wanted to end the fight yet… what do we think?))

((I'm fine with it. Still busy with my mother though...))

Larien had put away her poison-tipped arrow after seeing Adrrar going after the Goblin. She had just been about to fire too. Lucky them both.

She wasted no time to get close to the dwarf and human. Adrrar didn't look in good shape at all. "I know some healing magic if we need it... and looks like we might." She mentioned, trying to make a bit of light of Adrrar's situation in case he was starting to freak out.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Adrrar and the goblin both fell to the ground, the goblin landing on top and Adrrar's knife skittering away. He lay motionless for a few moments before grunting and rolling the goblin off of him.

"Yes I'm here." He said, breathing heavily. "Just a bad hit to the head." He said. "If you would, could you clean the wound here. Warg spit is well known for becoming infected." He explained, letting his head fall back again and just watching the sky. "Um Shala? Do me a kindness? My pack has a pouch that rolls out. Inside is a purple flower, a red leaf, and a long white blade of grass. Could you crush those together and drop them in my water skin? It will help my head.

Though the surviving attackers had seemed to call off the attack, Shala could tell, by the looks that some of them were throwing as they retreated, that they hadn’t seen the last of them. With most of the Wargs and Goblins lost to her sight, and the rest quickly joining them, she looked to see how Vaughn and Terinze had fared. Seeing that they were both on their feet – for the most part – she then turned her attention to Adrrar. She raised an eyebrow in slight confusion at the, as she viewed it, redundancy of Larien’s comment, but when Adrrar made his request, she nodded as she finally sheathed her sword.

“Vaughn? Terinze? How do you fare?” she called as she got the pouch from Adrrar’s pack. Of course, her injured arm did not make her task any easier, but after some careful handling she managed to prop the water skin between her arm and her stomach. Once the items were crushed into the water, she put the stopper back in the skin, and taking it in her good hand she went back to Adrrar. Trying to figure out how to prop him up so he could drink, she knelt on the ground next to him. Holding the skin up in her right hand, she said, “If you can manage the water, I can hold you up while you drink.” That and the way she was holding her left arm against her stomach were the only indications she gave of her own injury.

Adrrar nodded and took the water skin from Shala, then helped her as best he could until he was sitting up enough to drink. He drank almost the whole skin before he finally stopped and coughed, shaking his head as he did so. "Why can't medicine ever taste good?" He asked to no one in particular. Already he was feeling better, with the dizziness going down and his eyesight returning to normal. He drank the rest of the water and swallowed before spitting some of the taste out. "Sorry about the fight." He said, looking down and poking at his shoulder lightly. "Head wounds are the worst, especially when you're the one suffering from them. Everything's doubled and you can still sort of understand what's going on, but can't really help. It's terrible." He said with a sigh as he leaned over with his good arm and took up his dropped knife. He used a small rag to clean the blood from it, then sheathed the blade as he continued to rest. While he did rest though, he looked over at the goblin with interest.

"Unless I imagined it, that goblin said he was hunting me, correct?" Adrrar asked suddenly. "That is unexpected to say the least. I have killed a fair number of them, but I hadn't thought about them actually putting out a bounty for my head."