chicbecause

Middle Earth

((ok i have to go to bed so let it go and ill change it by tommorow i feel like alot.png ))

Edited by Soleas

Though the fight was over, Shala was still very angry, and this new Elf wasn’t helping her mood at all. With the old Dwarven sword still in her hand, she clenched her fist upon the hilt as she briefly considered letting loose her rage. However, deciding against it, she simply turned and stalked over to Clover. With the adrenaline gone, she could now feel the sting of the wound on her side, and she faltered briefly with a wince as a step jarred the injury, but she had something more important to tend to, so she continued walking. Her approach seemed to make Clover a little nervous, so she said, “Easy girl.” She gave the pony a reassuring pat. “You did well.” Going to her gear, she pulled out what she needed, and set about seeing what she could do for the blade. Sitting on the ground next to Clover, she muttered in Khuzdul as she tried to clean the sword.

Cuthraed wasn’t sure what to make of either the newcomer nor Shala’s reaction to him, and he tensed when the Dwarf appeared to be about to attack the Elf. He was prepared to move between to two to attempt to prevent a fight, but fortunately, he didn’t have to. Watching Shala walk away, he gave a small concerned frown, but he wasn’t quite ready to risk interrupting her. Wondering at just what precisely was going on, he gave Larien a questioning look.

"Shala if i somehow bothered you I am sorry"Smiled Nendir as he approached Shala. He sat down beside Shala"You are wounded,I can heal you,If you allow me first of course"

(( Sorry for small post have to study))

As Nendir approached, Shala rather expected more insults from him, so she visibly tensed. Unfortunately, she was still rather angry, so at his offer of healing, she remained silent as she simply gave him a sideways glare. Looking at this Mirkwood Elf, she found herself wondering… Did he have any part in the imprisonment of her cousins? Did he fight in the Battle of Five Armies? Could she trust him to heal her without doing anything…unnatural?

Cuthraed noticed when Shala tensed, and hoping to avoid any unpleasantries, he went over to act as mediator if needed, and upon recognizing the look she was giving the Elf, he said, “You do know that it would be best to get your wound tended to. After all, Goblin blades are oft-“

“This is NOT a Goblin blade,” she all but yelled as her glare snapped to the Man.

Cuthraed took a half step back as he held his hands up in a ‘no offense intended’ gesture, and then trying to catch the Elf’s eye, he gave a small nod off to the side as a way of asking him to walk with him. Hoping that the Elf would understand that it would probably be best to leave Shala alone for the moment, he said, “I am Cuthraed son of Cuthred. I do apologize, but did not hear your name. Also, if I may inquire, what business brings you to these parts?” Though his tone was polite, it also held a tinge of caution, but not suspicion.

Nendir understood Cuthread's movement and moved away from Shala."I'm Nendir son of Losdir,I usually come here all the way from Mirkwood to a small village near here to get some items but, This time i don't plan on returning to Mirkwood."Said Nendir

Still glaring, Shala watched the two leave. She was rather surprised that Cuthraed couldn’t tell a Dwarven blade from a Goblin blade. Although to be fair, it was looking a little worse for wear, but still… Turning her attention back to the sword, she resumed cleaning it.

As Cuthraed and the Elf moved away from Shala, he tried to catch Larien’s eye and giving another questioning look, he gestured toward the Dwarf. He was hoping that since Larien had known Shala longer, she might be able to talk to her. Whether or not it was a Goblin blade, it had been used by a Goblin, so the wound could be poisoned. Listening to Nendir, he nodded as he said, “Well met, Nendir. I do believe I know this village. It would be about…half a day’s journey east of here?” Though he was curious as to what would bring anyone from as far away as Mirkwood to the village in question, he knew it wasn’t his business, so he didn’t ask. Instead he gave a little smile as he said, “Off to make your mark on the world, eh?”

((Not dead... I promise.... just been way more busy than normal :/ which I don't like. Not at all.))

Larien listened to the arguing and exchanges taking place, trying her best to understand where each side came from. Shala was right on her matter, and Cuthraed seemed to have noticed as he took the Mirkwood Elf away with him. The remaining amount of that probably would make for a rather awkward conversation, but Larien respectfully waited a few more moments before she decided to speak with Shala. If only to give the Dwarf a chance to calm down.

"The Man is rather right Shala..." Larien commented outrightly as she hopped off her horse. "It's a Dwarven blade, but, sadly, it was also used by a Goblin.... and they do tend to poison their weapons once someone enrages them enough to have a band of those creatures chase after them." She was taking it somewhat lightly on the subject while getting the point across. Hopefully. Dwarves might not be so privy to Elvish ways any more. Shala had done well though. "He merely means that you should at least have it looked at... for cautionary's sake." She added, a bit closer to the Dwarf now.

"And hopefully for everyone, Nendir learns to listen better." She smiled at the rough joke. He needed to if he planned on sticking around.

Tending to the sword, Shala’s frown deepened at what she was finding. Silently cursing all Goblins in general and that Goblin in particular, she had to suppress an annoyed sigh as Larien approached. Can they not see that I am busy, she thought, but she listened to the Elf anyway. She was a little mollified that Larien at least recognized that it was a Dwarven blade, though she doubted she knew of its significance. Looking at the blade as Larien went on to explain the concerns about poison, Shala couldn’t fault the logic, but then the comment about Nendir had her looking up at Larien. With a slight chuckle, and with a wry grin, she said, “For his sake, let us hope.” Sobering again, she looked back down to the sword in her hand. “I must admit that you…and Cuthraed… make a sound argument…”

She paused in thought as a fresh surge of anger hit her. It was bad enough that this sword was wielded against one of Durin’s Folk, but that it could have poisoned her as well… Frankly, that was simply all kinds of wrong. Calming down some with a deep sigh, she almost tenderly set the sword on the ground, and then stood up as she said, “You are right… May I please ask you to do what you can for my wound?” With that, she brought her left arm up to reveal the injury on her side.

((were you talking to Nendir or Larien))

((I've been busy... college preparation and band ending took time out. College stuff still will, however band is over... so the tons of time that took will now be replaced by homework and this and college stuff.))

Larien looked at Shala's wound, checking it a few different ways to be sure of anything the Goblins might use. Luckily, they were catching it early for Shala. "Its only slightly poisoned- both good and could have been bad. Lucky for us, I've got remedies that can take care of that quite quickly." She smiled reassuringly to the Dwarf, motioning for her horse to come over. The Elvin horse did, snatching up a bag at her side before he held it out in front of Larien for her. The Elf took out a few small vials of liquids, being very careful with the delicate glass, and dropped in a few drops of the two vials into an empty smaller vial. That, she set aside as she put the other two away. "Don't worry, this won't hurt." Larien added, picking up the smaller vial. Her horse set her bag back down at her side and stepped back.

Using a small amount of magic, the Elf was able to get the small vial's liquid to Shala's wound, and start working on healing the rest of it. "All this might feel a bit funny for a little while- though thats normal." Larien added, nearly finished.

((Soleas, Shala was talking to Larien, but Cuthread was talking to Nendir in my post before that. wink.gif

DH, no worries, I completely understand that real life does have to come first. smile.gif ))

As Larien tended the wound, Shala diverted her attention from what the Elf was doing by looking down to the sword. It was clear to her that there was little more that she could do for the blade, and for a brief moment found herself almost wishing her father was there. Sure, he would have been extremely unhappy about what she was doing, but he was a blacksmith and would have known how to properly repair the sword. I need to get it to a Dwarven smith, she thought, but then Larien’s words shook her from her musings. Turning her gaze to Larien, Shala’s expression softened a little as she nodded at the fact that it felt odd, but already the pain was subsiding, so she tried not to be bothered by it as she offered a sincere, “Thank you.” However, her features turned to a mix of angry and thoughtful as her gaze once again returned to the sword.

Larien finished, leaving the Dwarf's side alone now. She noticed the female Dwarf's gaze after the "Thank you" and wondered what else she could do for her friend. Yes, Larien considered Shala a friend despite her being an Elf and the other a Dwarf. The sword seemed worse for wear, though she didn't doubt that a Dwarf might actually be able to save it. An Elf might as well, though more so with their own techniques than the different styles the Dwarves used. This did give her an idea however.

"Whether this comes as insult or favor, I might be able to be of assistance if you wish to try to fix your weapon..." She added, pausing for a moment. Larien was trained in smithing as much as she was in healing and swordmanship. It was a part of her living and a trade to use if anything should go arye. "I may not be a Dwarvin Smith, but I do know the trade and will offer those services if we find a place suitable, even though my techniques may vary some from your kin."

At Larien’s offer, Shala looked at the Elf again, and though the anger left, her expression was still thoughtful as she considered how to respond. With a small sigh, she said, “If it were any other blade…” she gave a small shake of her head as she picked up the sword, “but this… This is Deathless; a royal heirloom of the line of Durin.” Though she was looking at the sword once more, her thoughts were lost in the past, and as she started to gently run a finger along the flat of the blade, a brief flash of anger crossed her face. However, as her finger moved, the look became pained as she quietly added, “It was to have eventually been my cousin’s.” With a shake of her head, she brought herself back to the present, and giving Larien a somewhat apologetic look she said, “Please know that I mean no insult to you or your skill, but I can’t…That is…This particular blade needs a Dwarven hand to repair it.”

((Sorry, I've been meaning to post here but life keeps going "Nope. Not today." .....but I'm back smile.gif I promise. Not so sure about Soleas.....))

Larien nodded in understanding. "No insult, it's completely understandable." She answered with a smile. "I'm sure we'll find a Dwarven Smith on our travels somewhere...." She added while being slightly hopeful. The sword meant a lot to Shala- that she could plainly see.

The elf looked around a bit, realizing Cuthraed might be able to come back now. "Do you perhaps have an idea where Cuthraed and Nendir would have gotten? We don't want them getting ambushed without us." She told Shala, realizing she saw Cuthraed and Nendir walk off but didn't see them any longer. They walked further than she had expected from Cuthraed's glance.

After walking for a bit Cuthraed looked back only to realize that they had lost sight of the ladies. “Perhaps we had best head back,” he said to Nendir, and without waiting for a response, he went back to where they had left the others. Approaching Larien and Shala, he knew better than to flat out ask if the Dwarf had allowed her wound to be tended, but he was hoping for some confirmation as he asked, “How fares things?” He felt the question to be ambiguous enough that it could have been referring to either the wound or her sword.

“The body fares fine thanks to Larien,” Shala said with a nod to the Elf. “The blade, unfortunately, is a different matter. It will need a Dwarven Smith to repair it.”

Masking his relief, he also nodded a thank you to Larien, he figured it’d be best to let the matter of the wound drop. “Well, Nendir and I were just discussing a village roughly half a day’s journey east of here. When last I was there – would be about two years ago as I recall – the forge was run by a Dwarven Smith.”

((Okay, it’s obvious that we’ve lost dragonsword, so the question is, do they still head to the village? On the one hand, I would kind of like to have Shala meet the uncle she thought was long dead; and she’d also get to use the repaired Deathless. On the other hand, would it be better to hold off on that in case someone, at some point, shows interest in playing a child of Baergon (wishful thinking I know, but I cling to hope)? Any thoughts? unsure.gif ))

((Still not ready to call this, but don't know if I should keep bumping it... Just know that even if this falls on the pages, I'm still here. smile.gif ))

(I'm sorry I left but if you want to continue I can reintroduce my character. I rather liked him and this RP.)

User- BeardedKumquat

Name- Kirdoc Waddlebark

Age- 56

Gender- Male

Race- Hobbit

Appearance- Wears gilded bronze goggles on his short, wavy hazelnut hair. Carries a backpack and wears normal Hobbit clothing.

Skill set- Fast, quiet runner; exceptional pickpocket and burglar; has an excellent aim.

Other- He comes from Hobbiton and visited Bilbo every week-end to hear his stories. He then began to travel at the age of 51, but started to steal due to low provisions from passing Men and other races (except Elves). He also carries a small, Hobbit-sized axe along with a few throwing knives.