chicbecause

Middle Earth

Shoving a fist full of berries into his face, Ragathar looked at his blood stained map and sighed.

"What a load of rubbish! This map is getting me know here near the Man village! Filthy bullocks...", he mumbled angrily.

Ragathar spat out the seeds of the rather sour berries, stepping on them as he kept walking forward. After analyzing the map, Ragathar came to a conclusion- maps are stupid an useless.

"What a waste of silk! I could have used that to craft me self a pair of undergarments".

Ragathar chuckled as he tore apart his only map. As the threads floated off towards the forest, Ragathar saw a band of people on the field ahead. He couldn't make out who they were, or for the most part what they were, but he did figure out that some of them were...

"Elves".

The dwarf shuddered as the filthy word oozed from his maw. Ever since he could remember, Elves had been nothing but trouble and a waste of space for that matter. Ragathar reach for his axe, unsheathing it in a single motion. Gripping it tight with his stubby sausage-like fingers, he started walking toward the group in hopes of finding out where on Middle Earth he was.

((I don't know how I feel about this post... *crosses fingers*))

Aklen suddenly changed from friendly to aware. The worried kind of aware. Larien probably was the only one who could tell though.

She followed his slight gaze, noticing a figure off in the distance that was rather small. He seemed to be weilding an axe. But Larien's enhanced eyesight could see that the smaller sized figure seemed more Dwarf than anything really. Shala may like that, but the she-elf wasn't too sure about this one. He had his weapon drawn already, no doubt mostly due to the large band of Elves congregated around here. Larien was no stranger to Dwarven hatred of her kind and knew even the mention of it could send a Dwarf into a full blown rampage.

But the elf carefully drew her bow, aiming to compensate for the range so she could- if absolutely needed- hit the Dwarf and not kill him outright. If anything that could be used as a better way to talk to this one.

"So what would we like to do about this one there?" The she-elf asked more commonly in case anyone had missed the figure while her bow was held ready to fire.

(Well, here goes!)

Vaughn studied the dwarf-like figure. Friend or foe? She figured he was wandering the same thing. She assumed it was a he since female dwarves - save Shala- didn't usualy travel alone." Well, i'd imagine we should decide if he is a theat. Obviously he's not one for the subtle approch." She eyed the dwarf's axe and placed her hand around her sword handle in case he were to attack.

((LegendOfKorraFan, may I ask for a bit of clarification on Ragathar’s age? In Middle Earth, a 30 year old Dwarf is not quite an adult yet, so 36 would still be rather young. Was that what you were intending, or were you intending the equivalent of 36 which would be about 113? Not meaning to be nitpicky here; just trying to gauge how Shala might react to him... Oh and is he one of Durin’s folk, or is he from one of the other clans? Thanks. smile.gif ))

Cuthraed was a little surprised when Larien’s horse Aklen nudged him, but then he chuckled as he nodded. He was about to agree that it was time to go, but before he could the horse’s attention shifted and Larien suddenly knocked an arrow in her bow. At Vaughn’s comment, he wondered if there was such a thing as a subtle Dwarf, but he kept that thought to himself as he simply said, “So it would seem.”

From where she was, Shala’s view of the incoming person was blocked by Larien and her horse. Wanting to see who had everyone on edge, she rode her pony around Aklen until the person was in full view. Though the person was too far away for her to make out many details, two things she could see were that it was a Dwarf, and that said Dwarf held an axe at the ready. She assumed that he was a male, and with a small sigh she wondered how he’d react when he realized that she was a female…Well, that and the dead Goblins and Wargs that were scattered not far off. Shaking her head as she dismounted she said, “I know his approach leaves much to be desired, but I ask that he be given the chance to declare his intentions.” Though she was staying on the alert, she stood in front of Clover casually rubbing the pony’s forehead.

Ragathar squinted his eyes when he saw the elf raise its bow. Great, hostility right off the bat typical elves. Ragathar tightened his grip on his axe as he got closer.

"Listen, all I want are directions to the man village. I was supposed to meet with a group heading that way, but I got... sidetracked. I am not looking for a fight between you and I, I just need help".

Ragathar didn't want to trust them, especially since that Elf had already chosen to raise her weapon, but he was in need of some serious help, no matter who it came from.

((Sorry if this is bad. Inspiration and creativity stop flowing at around 11pm haha))

((erm, so, on top of the other couple recaps we've given up a bit from this post, the group is standing around currently while Ragathar has been noticed. We have not moved from the last known location in one of the recaps, though we have decided to move once we find this Dawrf's intentions and if he should be a threat or not.

sorry if that's not helpful.... my ipod's dying...))

Larien didn't lower her bow when Shala requested the Dwarf be given a chance to speak. He could be given a chance with her bow aimed at him. But as the Dwarf got closer, he spoke. The she-elf listened, loosening her bow's draw eversoslightly and lowering her aim a little. She debated telling him their plan, though she figured Shala might choose to tell as well. He would probably believe it better from a fellow Dwarf than an elf.

"If all you really need are directions, then I suggest you lower your weapon completely and I will do the same." She stated, eyeing him for any sign of movement. She still had a clean shot over Shala if he should attack.

Vaughn was unsure of what to think of the dwarf. It was possible that he ment to meet up with them, and the reason no one knew him was the same reason Vaughn didn,t know Shala when they first began their journey. However it was also possible that he was talking about a completly differant group that was also headed for the man village. Either way, he didn't need his axe to ask directions. As of now, remaining silent seemed to be the best response Vaughn could think ofad so, that is how she responded.

( this post is a big bump)

((LegendOfKorraFan, not meaning to be a pest, but in case you missed it, may I get an answer to the question on Ragathar’s age? Thanks. smile.gif ))

((Sorry, was kind of hoping for an answer…unsure.gif ))

When the newcomer asked Elves for help, Shala knew how hard that must have been for him, so at Larien’s response, she brought the hand that was scratching Clover’s forehead to her own forehead as she muttered, “Haver.” True he was coming in with a drawn weapon, but still…Turning to face the incoming Dwarf, she called in Khuzdul, “Shamukh ra ghelekhur aimâ!”|Hail and well met!| Speaking again in the Common Tongue she said, “If we would all please put up our weapons, there is no need for anyone to be harmed.” Though her tone had started out polite, it took an edge toward the end to indicate that she just might fight the first person to attack. Deathless may have been safely packed away, but she still had her sword and throwing axe…nope that was still in a Warg’s head. Blast, she thought as she resolved to retrieve it before they left. Well, I will still fight whoever attacks first.

Like Vaughn, Cuthraed watched in silence, and though he both wondered what exactly Shala had called first and hoped they’d heed her words, he did unnoticeably tighten his grip on his spear; just in case… However, since he didn’t change the angle of the spear, it could hardly be considered threatening if someone had noticed it.

((elpdraws, don’t worry, I’m too stubborn to let this die…While the others are kind of waiting for a response, if you’d like, you can have Vaughn interact with Cuthraed. Was she close enough hear the soft sound his leather glove made on the spear shaft, or notice the very small movement of his fingers, or is she perhaps simply curious as to what he thinks of the newcomer, or anything...? I’m thinking that Ragathar would still be far enough away that if Vaughn and Cuthraed spoke quietly enough, the Dwarf wouldn’t hear them…unsure.gif ))

( Sure! I'm thankfull for your stuborn attitude. xd.png)

Vaughn watched Cuthread from the corner of her eyes as he tightened his fingers around the spear. You could never be too carfull with dwarves. She leaned in ever so slightly and whispered." I don't supose he ment to meet us. What say you?" She ep her eyes on the dwarf man when she spoke.

( who all are we waiting on?)

((We’re waiting for a response from LegendOfKorraFan’s Ragathar.))

At Vaughn’s question, Cuthraed glanced down to the Elf but then with a small shake of his head, he looked back out to the newcomer. “That is difficult to guess,” he said; his tone just as quiet as hers. “These are not well traveled lands… I had not been expecting to find a group when I set out to join Shala. Though it seems unlikely that there would be two groups in this remote region, it is also not impossible.” He paused in thought for a moment. “Were there any others who might have told this Dwarf about your company or its goal?”

"Hmm... everyone who ment to come came and no one spoke of it to anyone apart from who you see before you." She answered." And if we were to have another companion, I was never told." She glanced up at him. Dropping the subject of the dwarf, Vaughn decided she was curious enough to ask." So you came to join...Shala?" She let her eyes fall back to the stout Ragathar.

((I won't let this die either Elp or Star smile.gif You guys know that. But, I haven't hardly been on thanks to me getting my wisdom teeth out Friday and I'm still recovering (and really am in no mental shape to write properly due to pain meds....) so once I'm up to it, I'll be back.... I have no idea when that is. :[ ))

User- na82008

Name- Peter Karlkin

Age- 34

Gender- male

Race- Hobbit

Appearance- 3'2" with dark tan skin, brown hair, and green eyes.

Skill set- light footed, sure footed, and has some experience with a sword

Other- He abandoned the Shire in favor of roaming middle earth and picking up jobs hear and there

((also, whats happening right now? i read the last few pages but it doesn't make much sense))

Edited by na82008

(Shala( starphyres dwarf), Larine ( dragonhatchlings elf), Adrrar ( Ryujin13s man), and Vaughn ( My elf) got attacked by wargs and goblins. During the fight, Dae' cuar (dragonswords elf), Cuthraed (starphyres man), and Nendir (soleas's elf) joined in. I'm not sure if Ryujin and Dragonsword are stil here. I think I'm missing something but I'm not sure what...forgive the recap. Not used to posting 'em yet! )

((na82008, in addition to what elpdraws said, LegendOfKorraFan’s Ragathar (Dwarf) is approaching the gathered company. As to what’s going on in general… Well, the basic goal of the company is essentially to rid the lands of the evil that plague them. The part of the group that has already met up, is currently on the fields between Fangorn and Lothlorien, and will be heading east to a village of Men soon(ish). Perseus had said that Sparrow (Man) would be ‘waiting for everyone at the village’, but doesn’t appear to have been on since Dec 17 unsure.gif … I’m not sure where Ryujin’s Adrrar and BeardedKomquat’s Kirdoc Waddlebark (Hobbit) are, but if you guys are looking for a place to jump in - or back in as it were wink.gif - perhaps you can meet up in the village before the others arrive? Just tossing it out there to see where it lands… If you have any questions, feel free to ask. biggrin.gif ))

At Vaughn’s answer, Cuthraed gave a quiet “Hmm” as he continued to watch the unknown Dwarf. However, when the Elf then asked about why he had joined them, he gave an almost chuckle as he looked back to her and said, “Yes. She and I had met at an inn in Edoras; I would guess shortly before she met with you. She had said something I took exception to and my response…” He gave a small shake of his head. “Well, even though I was heavy with drink, my response left much to be desired. Thus, I have come to show the true worth of the Men of the Mark.”

Edited by starphyre77

((Though Dragonhatchling has the final say, your form looks good to me. Might not be a bad idea to wait for DH's confirmation though wink.gif ))

Edited by starphyre77