Helel

ANSWERED:Egg Limit

Do you want for Egg Limit to be changed?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's the problem with greed in a game like DC? You don't *have* to do anything in this game, and a LOT of people seem to think it would be more fun with more egg slots.

Want to clean AP? Join one of the projects. They even have prizes in them. Or make your own.

As to greed to be a normal... well... that's exactly why limits are here - to prolong your interest to play the game.

Let's make it extreme - you are allowed to pickup as many eggs as you want. Ok. You stuffed your scroll with anything you want CB-ish. Pay a visit to a doctor to heal your hand from "click overdose". Now you started building lineages you'd like to make. (make it more extreme - instant adult). Another one or two visits to doctor later you'll have anything you can imagine.

What now? Game is dead for you.

That's why we're limited. That's why we, sometimes, screaming inside when we find very rare egg and we're egg-locked. And that's why i've seen golds in AP and many FFAs on #dctrades

As for rising upper limits - it benefits only to traders. Active ones with trades 1:multiple.

Without trades you can lock your scroll only half of your playing time. And it would be only fraction of those who are on forum. And forum members are only fraction of total players. Why should anyone change something for such small number of players?

How do increased slots only benefit traders? I cave hunt, and would LOVE more slots.  wink.gif

I was talking about upper limits change idea. (12/15/18/21 -> to something more)

It was it thread.

Want to clean AP? Join one of the projects. They even have prizes in them. Or make your own.

As to greed to be a normal... well... that's exactly why limits are here - to prolong your interest to play the game.

Let's make it extreme - you are allowed to pickup as many eggs as you want. Ok. You stuffed your scroll with anything you want CB-ish. Pay a visit to a doctor to heal your hand from "click overdose". Now you started building lineages you'd like to make. (make it more extreme - instant adult). Another one or two visits to doctor later you'll have anything you can imagine.

That's why we're limited. That's why we, sometimes, screaming inside when we find very rare egg and we're egg-locked. And that's why i've seen golds in AP and many FFAs on #dctrades

As for rising upper limits - it benefits only to traders. Active ones with trades 1:multiple.

Without trades you can lock your scroll only half of your playing time. And it would be only fraction of those who are on forum. And forum members are only fraction of total players. Why should anyone change something for such small number of players?

I really find this a bit extreme.

1. I know there are cleaning projects, but we're asking to be able to do *more*. If I'm growing three lineages, three cbs and trying to do shimmers, AP as well, my slots fill up pretty quickly. If people had more slots that could only be used for the AP then we'd be able to clean it up even faster. Considering that a lot of eggs that are dumped to the AP aren't the really incredibly valuable cave metals or rares that people clamour for, I don't really get why this is considered such a bad thing.

2. Nobody said we should have unlimited slots, so why even make the comparison? We've talked about one or two more eggs in some cases, one or two AP eggs in another. Acting as though we want to pick up forever dragons seems a bit silly...

3. I don't get what you mean about not changing things 'only' for forum users. If that was the case, really you'd have to say that we shouldn't change anything ever, because the forum is where TJ gets most of his feedback in the first place and we're always going to be a minority.

And I can easily lock my scroll depending on my incubating/hatching habits, without doing any trading at all.

I really find this a bit extreme.

1. I know there are cleaning projects, but we're asking to be able to do *more*. If I'm growing three lineages, three cbs and trying to do shimmers, AP as well, my slots fill up pretty quickly. If people had more slots that could only be used for the AP then we'd be able to clean it up even faster. Considering that a lot of eggs that are dumped to the AP aren't the really incredibly valuable cave metals or rares that people clamour for, I don't really get why this is considered such a bad thing.

The whole idea behind AP cleaning is to prevent caveblock. Attract more peoples to projects. Sacrify your own slot. GIVE something. Not just keep asking "gimmemore".

2. Nobody said we should have unlimited slots, so why even make the comparison? We've talked about one or two more eggs in some cases, one or two AP eggs in another. Acting as though we want to pick up forever dragons seems a bit silly...

Do you ever have a math course? It's exrapolation example. More slots shorten playtime. DC list of species really short. If it was like some other sites with hundreds of them i would be the first in line with the same request. TJ promised us to significantly expand dragon list. Lets' postpone our discussion to when it's became at least twice larger than now.

3. I don't get what you mean about not changing things 'only' for forum users. If that was the case, really you'd have to say that we shouldn't change anything ever, because the forum is where TJ gets most of his feedback in the first place and we're always going to be a minority.

Read carefully pls. I said "only fraction". two times. run calc and multiply 0.5 by 0.5. Now you should get idea where i coming from.

And I can easily lock my scroll depending on my incubating/hatching habits, without doing any trading at all.

Without trades or short-lived AP pickups you can fill your 21 slots only for 1 day out of 2. If there was no Incubate BSA - you'll never been able to fill it. (i assume that hatching/rising process are perfect, which is easy).

*shrugs* It's a game. I do pick up lots of AP eggs as a matter of fact but that doesn't mean that sacrifice should play into it. As it is you realise that right now people can just breed and get cbs on the hour without ever touching the AP, right? That's why I'm saying that adding AP slots isn't about 'greed'. I mean to be honest a lot of times you see people saying 'I don't like AP hunting because the eggs are long lineaged/blockers/inbred'. Adding more AP only slots would give players more incentive to pick up those eggs and reduce cave block for *everyone*. I mean, if others don't like it, fine, but the way the cave is set up now there's really not much of a push for players to pick up AP eggs, especially not right now where the cave drop time is much longer.

To be honest this isn't really about me, it's about the players I've seen in various debates/threads in the past who specifically say that they don't like giving up their slots for AP eggs when cbs/lineages have more value. I think that's why more AP slots has been fairly popular in this thread up until this point.

---

Maybe more egg slots would 'shorten' playtime. It depends on the player though, to be honest. There are some players who only play to collect two of each dragon or whatever, but there are plenty others who play to build lineages, build armies, etc. I don't think stamping a default 'shorten playtime' criticism on this is fair because it assumes that all players play for the same reasons, or the same way.

I wasn't disagreeing with the idea that we're a small amount of players (by the way, I don't even trade that often in comparison to others), I was disagreeing with the idea that our numbers should mean that these changes shouldn't be implemented. I'm saying that in general the people who are active on the forums, in the Suggestions section, are a small fraction themselves... Yet TJ has this section here for a reason. Obviously he balances our numbers against the overall cave in his decision making. I recall times where he's said 'the number of people who ______ " in response to suggestions so obviously he looks at the big picture not just what we can see on the forums.

*side-stepping drama-llama*

The only way I'd be in support of more eggs slots *in all* (for every 'level') is if those extra slots were AP-only slots. And I know, I know, plenty of people hate that idea. But it's the fairest thing I can think of.

More egg slots mean even *more* competition for those highly-wanted eggs, which people already complain about enough. Tons of people have said how *hard* it is to find anything "good" in the cave, imagine if everyone was able to grab even *more* CB-highly-wanted eggs.

However, if the extra slots are only for AP eggs, it has plenty of benefits. Encourages users to go hunting in the AP in the first place, instead of sticking strictly to the cave. Encourages users to pick up breeds they may not otherwise pick up, because they *have* those extra slots that can *only* be used on the AP. And, in the long run, a very high potential to lower a bit of the "OMG AP BLOCK!!" drama.

1. AP Eggs requires coding.

2. Balancing things with AP<>Cave relationship.

3. Have difficulties in logic: One person picked up AP egg -> tele to 2nd person. Which kind of slot would be used on 2nd person scroll?

4. Let's say it bluntly - it's GREED. The only thing behind almost 80% of suggestions is simple pure greed. Stop it.

1. It does require coding, but it's similar to coding that's been done before. Once upon a time, people had an extra egg slot that could only be used for bred eggs. If TJ's got the coding know-how to distinguish between self-bred eggs and bred eggs picked up from the AP, I imagine he'd have no trouble making something that affected only AP-grabbed eggs.

3. A normal slot. They didn't pick it up from the AP directly, ergo it does not go into their AP slot.

4. Most of what sits in the AP is trash. It's messies, or it's CB commons that can be nabbed just as easily from the cave. I haven't had bred Silvers sitting in the AP without being touched for two days because the AP is constantly being cleared. It's not. It's sitting there and stagnating. You can call asking for AP-only slots greedy, but if that 'greed' ends up seeing a lot more commons going to homes they normally wouldn't and much less backlog in the AP, then I say bring on the greedy.

I wouldn't mind AP slots. Lots of times people don't grab from the AP because they're filling their spots with specific things for their collection or trading. Having a slot or two that couldn't be used for anything else would actually make it a waste not to AP hunt.

I do agree that, in general, more slots can shorten gameplay. For instance, many people have a goal of X number of CB pairs. The quicker a person can get those, the sooner the site has to kick in with more and more creative ways to extend play. Which isn't bad, necessarily, but you don't want players to get to those too soon.

4. Let's say it bluntly - it's GREED. The only thing behind almost 80% of suggestions is simple pure greed. Stop it.

And we should stop it because?

A. This is a game where, with the exception of two holidays, you can grab as much of something as you can cram on your scroll - that's an actual parameter of the game and it's been repeatedly confirmed for us that things like "hogging" are not concepts that are recognized by the game because it sets acceptable limits and everyone is confined to them.

B. Egg limits have been raised before. So raising them isn't inherently bad and, indeed, seems to have been shown to have some value. That doesn't mean this suggestion should be implemented, just that I don't think it springs from a moral failing.

4. Most of what sits in the AP is trash. It's messies, or it's CB commons that can be nabbed just as easily from the cave. I haven't had bred Silvers sitting in the AP without being touched for two days because the AP is constantly being cleared. It's not. It's sitting there and stagnating. You can call asking for AP-only slots greedy, but if that 'greed' ends up seeing a lot more commons going to homes they normally wouldn't and much less backlog in the AP, then I say bring on the greedy.

I completely agree with this...and I would love an extra slot for AP eggs. I would also like to see eggs that sit in the AP for long periods of time, lose time faster the longer they sit. I don't know if that's feasible, but if messy eggs could become incuhatchable in a short amount of time, they would get picked up quick and reduce the backlog in the AP

I completely agree with this...and I would love an extra slot for AP eggs.  I would also like to see eggs that sit in the AP for long periods of time, lose time faster the longer they sit.  I don't know if that's feasible, but if messy eggs could become incuhatchable in a short amount of time, they would get picked up quick and reduce the backlog in the AP

I actually kind of wondered if that wasn't being tried out today. All of the eggs I saw were under 6 days and I don't believe that they were that low timed a day or two ago.

Also, I think that it could be reasonably explained that the eggs lost time. After all, they sit in a pile, and it would be reasonable that people might abandoned them by hot springs (where they'd at least have a better chance of surviving), or the location of the AP could be set near the Volcano biome where it would be much, much warmer. That warmth, magnified by the pile, could incubate the eggs. And more so as the egg sat longer, thus being in the warmest part of the egg stack.

I actually kind of wondered if that wasn't being tried out today. All of the eggs I saw were under 6 days and I don't believe that they were that low timed a day or two ago.

Also, I think that it could be reasonably explained that the eggs lost time. After all, they sit in a pile, and it would be reasonable that people might abandoned them by hot springs (where they'd at least have a better chance of surviving), or the location of the AP could be set near the Volcano biome where it would be much, much warmer. That warmth, magnified by the pile, could incubate the eggs. And more so as the egg sat longer, thus being in the warmest part of the egg stack.

There are quite a few low time eggs....but I figured it was due to the new release and the massive backlog of eggs in the AP. also....isn't the cave still open even when the AP wall is a million eggs deep? That could cause the low time eggs as well. Everyone is still hunting CB eggs in the cave.

There are quite a few low time eggs....but I figured it was due to the new release and the massive backlog of eggs in the AP. also....isn't the cave still open even when the AP wall is a million eggs deep? That could cause the low time eggs as well. Everyone is still hunting CB eggs in the cave.

True. It's just that (and I certainly could be wrong - proven that enough times xd.png ) I don't remember them all being that low even yesterday - a few, yes, but not all. It just seems sort of weird that they all suddenly are that low.

I figured since TJ's been playing around with the AP and the cave and how they work together, this might be a change he's trying out.

I personally think that the limit should never go over 8 eggs. That is double what you start out being able to care for and should be more than enough.

meh, I think the egg limit is pretty fine right now. Maybe add just one more.

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

True. It's just that (and I certainly could be wrong - proven that enough times xd.png ) I don't remember them all being that low even yesterday - a few, yes, but not all. It just seems sort of weird that they all suddenly are that low.

I figured since TJ's been playing around with the AP and the cave and how they work together, this might be a change he's trying out.

Good point...and I hope that's the case. I think it would help out a lot

Just wanted to point out that greed is within human nature, and having to remove it is in fact unhealthy to a normal psyche. By giving us a way to vent the greed into a game, we take that much greed out of real life.

On topic: Maybe we could gain AP slot(s)upon new trophy levels?

4/5(6)/6(7)/7(8)?

Parentheses include AP-only slots.

Also, what about perks for raising X amount of AP eggs? Not abandoning X bred eggs?

What's with all the hate for odd numbers? I just leave the 7th spot open all the time in case I find something interesting somewhere. I really think the numbers are fine where they're att, but I'm not going to protest if they're raised or are allowed more space for egg.

In my case - because FOUR pairs is a good base for a lineage.

3 - isn't smile.gif

But I don't think getting rid of greed would be unhealthy.... I am SURE it isn't essential to the human psyche. Not that that has anything to do with this thread xd.png

This is pretty much the main reason that I have to disagree with all suggestions about the egg limits. Personally I think seven is plenty just like I currently think that six is plenty; which is the number that I'm dealing with now. If people are not regulated, the thing they are doing becomes less "authentic." It's a mental thing, that when something has guidelines and rules, it becomes enriched by them. More on a blunt easily understood scenario, the one from Fsaber, people would totally ruin the game for themselves, lmao! I don't think they'd wind up going to the doctor though rofl, but with all those eggs, they would get fed up with DC. An endless conquest would make them see that the game was redundant, endless. This way, with limits, we're apparently not content.

We wanted that Trihorn in the Alpine to be our 8th egg! But we don't have enough space! What do we do? Argh, we'll have to make sure that all of our eggs are taken care of sooo well that they hatch right on the 3rd day! Then go back and get that Trihorn.. and, of course, fill those other six egg spots as well while we're there.

I'm really only addressing the idea of extended spaces. The "no egg limit" that's been requested somewhere in this thread is.. roflmaooo. Not going to get into that, but the second phrase that I quoted in this post is what I think of that. So. o.o;

I notice, of course, that the majority of people agreeing with this suggestion or making their own limit increase ideas are people with a LOT of dragons. It's understandable, because it will benefit them to hoard and hoard armies of dragons, but what about the bronze or no trophy members? Or the members who aren't as fast as you guys at catching, so they forever fail at catching eggs while you guys are out there, hunting the cave to death and destroying the ratios?

I recognize %89 of the users posting in here, so you know who you are and who I'm referring to, ROFL.

Regulation keeps us interested, and gives other people a chance to get nice eggs too. Because when you guys are egglocked, someone with shoddy internet or slow reflexes will go to the cave, pick up a CB Ice and be proud of themselves.

I notice, of course, that the majority of people agreeing with this suggestion or making their own limit increase ideas are people with a LOT of dragons. It's understandable, because it will benefit them to hoard and hoard armies of dragons, but what about the bronze or no trophy members? Or the members who aren't as fast as you guys at catching, so they forever fail at catching eggs while you guys are out there, hunting the cave to death and destroying the ratios?

I recognize %89 of the users posting in here, so you know who you are and who I'm referring to, ROFL.

Regulation keeps us interested, and gives other people a chance to get nice eggs too. Because when you guys are egglocked, someone with shoddy internet or slow reflexes will go to the cave, pick up a CB Ice and be proud of themselves.

I'm sure you'll also notice that a lot of those people with large scrolls turned this idea toward the idea of extra AP only egg slots - which actually doesn't allow them into the main cave to grab that CB Ice from a newer player and, indeed, helps that Bronze trophy player to get that egg by preventing cave blocking and helping with the common ratios.

I agree, as I've said before, that I do think extra egg slots could be otentially damaging for overall gameplay. But I wish we could have these game element discussions without the implications that supporting X is clearly indicative of a moral failing.

In my case - because FOUR pairs is a good base for a lineage.

3 - isn't smile.gif

Which seems like an excellent incentive for people to come back to the cave again to pick up that last piece of their breeding sets. Pretty clever, actually. laugh.gif

I'm sure you'll also notice that a lot of those people with large scrolls turned this idea toward the idea of extra AP only egg slots - which actually doesn't allow them into the main cave to grab that CB Ice from a newer player and, indeed, helps that Bronze trophy player to get that egg by preventing cave blocking and helping with the common ratios.

I agree, as I've said before, that I do think extra egg slots could be otentially damaging for overall gameplay.  But I wish we could have these game element discussions without the implications that supporting X is clearly indicative of a moral failing.

Which seems like an excellent incentive for people to come back to the cave again to pick up that last piece of their breeding sets.  Pretty clever, actually.  :lol:

That also puzzles me on how it would work, because as someone ( I don't remember your username, but definitely giving credit to you for pointing this out! D: ) said, the coding on it would be pretty complex. When trading an AP egg or gifting it to someone, what will that appear as on that other person's scroll? And if it would be transferred to take up that other person's AP egg space, that's quite a bit of filter coding involved and the decision on that ever being implemented falls solely on if TJ thinks that coding is relevant at all.

In addition, indirectly, it gives people more egg space to cave hunt, yes? If I understand this correctly. . .

Susie has 4 AP egg spaces, and 7 Cave spaces. She actually finds some really nice AP eggs after a day of hunting, yay! Well, she's egglocked for the AP, but now it's time for cave hunting! XD;

An advance on either way would make it easier for certain people; no way around that I'm afraid. D:

Oh, and I almost forgot.

Susie has 7 free Cave egg spaces, so she doesn't have to take the responsibility of accepting the consequences of deciding the AP over the Cave because they're separate, so the game is now becoming a little too easy for her. It really doesn't challenge her judgement as well anymore, and if Jake and Duke and the rest of the gang all do the same thing, the cave will slowly deteriorate because they have sooo many egg spaces left to hunt in the cave solely. AP hunting doesn't affect them anymore. We might as well have given them 11 egg spaces. D:

Ratios change faster and more rapidly in each cave sitting, and then.. most of our dragons are extinct, homg. ;-;

Poor little Tangars; I don't even have one of you on my scroll, but now that you're rare I never will.

.. Just my two cents about the AP thing, rofl. XD; I know my scenarios are wtf, but bear with me. I'm a pretty lax person in discussions. o.o; I like presentation. XD;

Also, that's literally almost impossible unless the people having the aforementioned discussions have no will to think for themselves. Even if they decide not to mention it, their responses will be biased on it. What people think or decide is based on what they believe and how their moral cache is built. If a parent lets their three-year-old play in the yard alone, I'll say "I'd never do that." if you ask why, I'd say something like "because it's just wrong. D: " technically it's not, but my decision is based on how I set up thinking process.

Personally, it's kind of.. hard, not to immediately think "greed" when it comes to a game that is about catching dragons, enlarging your scroll, trading for better dragons, breeding those better dragons and trading their offspring for something epic, and are people want to have more space to do that more often. ^-^;

It's understandable, totally, because who doesn't want to have more good stuff? I'm just saying that this is the reason why I disagree with the changes so far being discussed. I never said anyone was wrong for what they want.

Now, if DC wasn't in realtime, and members didn't even share the same cave lineup, I would be all for extra spaces! I wouldn't have to think about anyone else because they see totally different eggs than me and no one could ever pick their eggs up. But it's not, so I'm thinking about everyone else and the state of the cave.

First of all, to those relating the ap-only slot to the previous bred-only egg slot, I should remind you that when we had that it wasn't a case of "breed and then you still have 4 slots you can hunt with." It was you can hunt or breed until you have 4 eggs. Then you can have a 5th egg if you breed it yourself. Suzie wouldn't have 4 ap spaces and 7 cave spaces. If Suzie hunted in the ap first and took 4 eggs, she'd only have 3 more spaces she could hunt in the cave with. Then once she got to 7 total eggs she'd only be able to continue to hunt in the ap.

All that sounds massively complicated. We got away from complicated egg slots when we dropped the bred only egg slot and just went with straight numbers. Let's not complicate things again, ok? If we're going to change the limits, let's just change the limits. (I personally think we really have enough, but that's just me.)

I vote to raise it. I'd love to have more space for breeding projects instead of having to focus on one for a while, then alternate.

I'd also love to pick up more AP eggs. The reason I don't do so more often is because of the limit. Why waste my time with blockers when I have limited spaces for other dragons I might want more, breeding projects, etc.

I'd love it if it was even higher than those suggested by the poll, lol!

Edited by Wahya