Helel

ANSWERED:Egg Limit

Do you want for Egg Limit to be changed?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Makes me sad that people seem to want the limits to be raised mostly; I mean, it's understandable that they do, but just to think about it...something tells me it may only make everything more unbalanced.

Very true. Under this system the difference in the number of eggs a no trophy and gold trophy can grab doubles from 3 to 6 more egg slots. That's kind of drastic.

I like even numbers, but if we want an extra egg slot, why not consider reducing the amount of egg slots?

2/4/6/8

No. This is extremely unfair to no and bronze trophy level users.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

No. This is extremely unfair to no and bronze trophy level users.

When you think about it, though, newer players might not be able to take care of 4 eggs at a time. I wasn't able to. That's why one of my CB Yulebucks died.

I think that 2 eggs is sensible for a newer player. The AP is constantly full of eggs to grab, so it's not like they will never have a bonze trophy.

And with the fact that it only takes 50 dragons to reach a Bronze ANYWAY...

Only two??? That seems really low. Tbh a game that let me only have two eggs at a time wouldn't hold my attention for very long. Doesn't impact me but I think we'd want to make playing more attractive, not less.

^ My four eggs survived just fine. Four was an exciting number to me. Not too much to overwhelm me, but not too little to underwhelm me either. If a new user finds themself having trouble, they always have the option of not picking up more than one or two eggs if they want/need.

Well, you have to take into consider that there are people in this world that favors odd numbers, instead of even numbers...(Not me)

I would say yes to the idea of more egg limits, but it seems TJ said no to it.

When you think about it, though, newer players might not be able to take care of 4 eggs at a time. I wasn't able to. That's why one of my CB Yulebucks died.

I think that 2 eggs is sensible for a newer player. The AP is constantly full of eggs to grab, so it's not like they will never have a bonze trophy.

And with the fact that it only takes 50 dragons to reach a Bronze ANYWAY...

...means that it takes twice as long to reach Bronze, and we'd have fewer new players, because many would be frustrated.

I like this suggestion. 4/6/8/10 seems nice to me. smile.gif EVEN NUMBERS!

Personally it drives me nuts that we are only allowed 7 eggs at the highest but only because I hate odd numbers >< If it was 8 or six I could be perfectly happy but I have this weird thing with numbers where they all must be even. Heck sometimes seeing seven eggs on my scroll bothers me so much that I have to AP one. Or wait till one hatches before I look at my scroll again. rolleyes.gif

Yeah I am weird....

xd.png It doesn't bother me quite that much, but I know what you mean. It's like wearing mismatched socks, it's bothersome and drives you just a little bit crazy because they DON'T MATCH....

I like ADP's suggestion of 8/24 once you get to 1K (because 24 is a multiple of 8, so it matches, lol.)

Also 8 is exactly double of how many you can get once you first start out, which IMO is kind of a better 'proof' of one having become a master dragon tamer than ending on 7. If that makes sense. Ah, the odd notions we attach to simple numbers lD;;

I mean, it's certainly not that I would be against it going up to 10 (10/30 does sound very balanced), but at the same time I think that larger change is less likely to happen than a change to 8. Plus, I've kind of been pushing for the addition of AP-only slots lately, so leaving the general-use limit at 8 and then leaving room for a few AP-only slots seems better than ten slots plus some AP-only ones.

But now imagine if we'd have a bigger release, like it was with the pygmies.

If you'd like to have 2 of each specie, and gender, then 7 is the wrong number. 8 would make more sense, you could have 4 pairs right away.

I think it is fine the way it is now.

I'd say that your suggestion only works if the difference between current limits and your suggestion is for AP eggs only. Because, let's face it, if people had more slots, they'd grab more CBs or more of their self-bred shinies. They wouldn't use these slots to empty the AP.

And imagine the horror around Halloween when a gold-trophy player can catch 10 bred Halloween eggs every other day... The competition would be even harder than it is right now.

Topicstarter: "I am no hoarder! Gimme more eggspace!"

Looks like mutually exclusive therms to me.

About egg limits: Yeah, there was times i wish i had more eggslots, but i'm getting to live with what i have.

PS. Platinum status - good. but not 1000. i love 5000 :) even if it means years for me to get to that numbers.

Olympe's suggestion of using the space for AP eggs seems to work. A max of 7CBs+3APs would be a nice thought, because I'd be able to get a few CBs and also help clear out the AP.

But, I'm ultimately on the fence with this as well. While the concept seems nice (I'd be able to get more eggs for a project I'm working on), something tells me it would be abused like no one's business.

Topicstarter: "I am no hoarder! Gimme more eggspace!"

Looks like mutually exclusive therms to me.

About egg limits: Yeah, there was times i wish i had more eggslots, but i'm getting to live with what i have.

PS. Platinum status - good. but not 1000. i love 5000 smile.gif even if it means years for me to get to that numbers.

Jumping from 500 to 5000 seems... excessive. And I don't believe I've ever encountered someone with that many dragons to begin with.

Jumping from 500 to 5000 seems... excessive. And I don't believe I've ever encountered someone with that many dragons to begin with.

My idea was to put "Last badge" to something "far away" for average user.

PS. And i knew some players that would immediately got new badge (with more than 5000). So this isn't something ureachable.

I know for a fact (although I can't find *where*) that TJ has already shot down further egg-limit increases. So... I really, really don't see this happening.

Shooting down an idea just because TJ said something a couple of years ago, is kind of silly IMO. Especially since he is a human that changes mind all the time and he plans to live on this game. Making userbase happy goes in his favor.

What I would really like to see is an AP slot. While three of them would be loved, just one of them is enough for me. I mean, it benefits us in two ways: faster dragon raising and AP cleaning.

Years ago? That was just a little over a year ago, December 2011 in the badge (and trophy) suggestion thread. Page 13. tongue.gif

But you're right insofar as TJ may change his mind. It might be a long shot, but it's worth discussing.

Another idea:

What about 4/5/6/7/8 (8 for platinum) as egg limits

And an additional 2/2/3/3/4 slots for AP eggs only, to be disabled for the Halloween breeding season?

Total limits would still be 3 times your regular egg limits, though. (That's 12/15/18/21/24, then.)

I have been thinking about this thread for awhile. The thing that throws me about this is all the frustration about the cave that's been posted lately. People frustrated at slow releases, but people not wanting new ones and mass breeding etc etc. And of course, that we need more people raising commons.

The trophies are basically a reward for raising lots of stuff. Fiddling with egg slot numbers doesn't change the reward. So can we combine the desire for new dragons with the reward for longevity instead?

Basically, at 1000-1500-2000 dragons you've traveled all over the Dragon Cave world so much, that you find a new biome. This biome drops eggs that do not drop in the other biomes. This would reward the people that raise tons of commons rather than just holding out for rares, give people more trade fodder and get releases out faster without imposing them on the people that don't like to raise many dragons. They can always change their minds and start raising more if they decide they want access to them.

I agree with the 5th limit, platinum 1000 for 8 eggs. But the limits are okay now for me.

Years ago? That was just a little over a year ago, December 2011 in the badge (and trophy) suggestion thread. Page 13. tongue.gif

But you're right insofar as TJ may change his mind. It might be a long shot, but it's worth discussing.

Another idea:

And an additional 2/2/3/3/4 slots for AP eggs only, to be disabled for the Halloween breeding season?

Total limits would still be 3 times your regular egg limits, though. (That's 12/15/18/21/24, then.)

Well, you get the idea xd.png

I really like your idea, especially the AP slots raising as you get trophy upgrade.

And, if we can't get something like that, maybe make an AP slot as an eight slot for platinum users.

ETA: I don't like the idea of an exclusive biome. While everybody can get to that point, I have a feeling that we would have a similar situation to Shimmers. While trades wouldn't be that crazy, people would still want to have them right now.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

What's with all the hate for odd numbers? I just leave the 7th spot open all the time in case I find something interesting somewhere. I really think the numbers are fine where they're att, but I'm not going to protest if they're raised or are allowed more space for egg.

Another idea:

Yes, I think this can work too, so "+" to this idea as well! wink.gif

1. AP Eggs requires coding.

2. Balancing things with AP<>Cave relationship.

3. Have difficulties in logic: One person picked up AP egg -> tele to 2nd person. Which kind of slot would be used on 2nd person scroll?

4. Let's say it bluntly - it's GREED. The only thing behind almost 80% of suggestions is simple pure greed. Stop it.

Wanting to be able to pick up more AP eggs so I can reduce the backlog isn't greed. O_o

Of course there are coding things that need to be worked out but that doesn't mean it's not feasible. The idea here is to *help* with the balance between cave and AP by reducing the eggs that sit and sit in the AP whenever we're given the freedom to pick up more cbs.