Helel

ANSWERED:Egg Limit

Do you want for Egg Limit to be changed?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion, having 8 as the final eggslot limit is the only reasonable choice.

no matter what you breed or collect, it will always be multiples of 2 or powers of 2.

8 has the merit of being both. smile.gif

7 is just... not well rounded. is still support the platinum trophy with 8/24 though instead of just raising limits.

I would love to see eight slots. That oddball is something of a pain in the rump, especially on Halloween. Thankfully, I'm not OCD, but I still like to have even pairs. I can only imagine what the odd dragon out does to those folks.

Does wanting an extra slot make me greedy? I suppose it could and yes, I do have a large scroll, but that is not because I have a fast internet or a good computer. It's because I have engaged in clearing projects and have commons oozing from my eyeballs from attempting to do my part to help the community out.

I saw the comment that the only people who benefit from an increase in slots would be traders. Well, I would benefit because I like even pairs and because I raise what others don't want to help even the ratios.... which consequentially benefits everyone. I don't trade. I can count on one hand how many times I've traded on DC in all five years that I've been here. I'm too lazy to trade or be worried about value ... I have enough of that in real life and don't need it from a game. I gift because I enjoy seeing people happy over something as simple as a pixelated dragon and the extra slot would make that much easier for me to do, so, I disagree that it is just the traders who benefit and I also disagree that it's all about greed, but then again I'm just odd anyway.

Anyway, yes I'm all for an additional egg slot to even things out, even if that is an AP space because I pick up lots of commons on the AP.

Thanks to Fiona BlueFire for bringing up the way the breeding slot worked - and I agree that simpler is usually better.

But personally, as someone who breeds and has missed out on a lot of collecting in the past because of holding eggs for people, I think Sir Barton (Edit: fuzzbucket - I got confoozed, lol) has a valid point in mentioning the fact that 4 pairs are required for a lineage start, so that 8 eggs would be more practical.

I'd also like to point out that this is a collecting game, and therefore based on acquisition.

Hoarding isn't a bad thing here - heck, dragons themselves are notorious for it.

So attempts to castigate DC players for greed when that's built into the game won't get very far...

Edited by Syphoneira

While I'm another fan of the even number thing, and would like the limits raised... i can see how that might be shot down easily.

But I do love the idea of (and want) a platinum badge. A seriously high number would make it just that much more sweeter to get. I would be completely fine with it being 2500 or even 5000 to get it. For the record, I have 1139 dragons on my scroll by checking through AOND's banner maker. This number is subject to change at any time xd.png

Personally it drives me nuts that we are only allowed 7 eggs at the highest but only because I hate odd numbers >< If it was 8 or six I could be perfectly happy but I have this weird thing with numbers where they all must be even. Heck sometimes seeing seven eggs on my scroll bothers me so much that I have to AP one. Or wait till one hatches before I look at my scroll again. rolleyes.gif

Yeah I am weird....

I don't actually think you're very weird because odd numbers drive me crazy, too.

Anyway, I think the idea is okay.